No, Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston aren’t doing a reality show

posted at 8:57 pm on July 19, 2010 by Allahpundit

I’ve already got angry Palin supporters e-mailing to demand that I post this to clear the air about the rumors. Now that I have, there’ll be angry Palin supporters in the comments accusing me of posting more Palin-related tabloid trash.

Sometimes, my friends, it feels like a RINO candy-ass just can’t win.

Despite recent web chatter that the recently engaged couple is filming a reality show, a rep for Palin, 19, set the record straight to UsMagazine.com.

“There is a lot of public speculation that Bristol and Levi have signed up for a reality show about their relationship. They have not,” Palin’s rep tells Us.

“While several networks have pitched different concepts, Bristol has not agreed to participate in any show. Her focus remains on doing what is best for Tripp and her family.”

If you believe the New York Post, the reason the show’s not happening is that, er, “Neither of them have personalities,” but maybe Bristol simply thought of her son and mom and reconsidered. Exit question: $100,000 isn’t a bad consolation prize, is it?

Comments

Oh good. So maybe we can drop the “trailer-trash” crap again.

DrAllecon on July 19, 2010 at 8:59 PM

Like, who cares?

txag92 on July 19, 2010 at 9:00 PM

More palin tabloid trash from AP!

lorien1973 on July 19, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Well if the last couple of elections are anything to go by, RINO candy-a$$’s usually do win!

sharrukin on July 19, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Like, who cares?

txag92 on July 19, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Jenfidel.

Bee on July 19, 2010 at 9:01 PM

Whew!

Gothguy on July 19, 2010 at 9:01 PM

Sometimes, my friends, it feels like a RINO candy-ass just can’t win.

no worries Allah, you’re OK in my book

cmsinaz on July 19, 2010 at 9:02 PM

Sometimes, my friends, it feels like a RINO candy-ass just can’t win.

Then post the substantive stuff too rather than just two fluffy pieces of nothing.

powerpro on July 19, 2010 at 9:03 PM

Wow, that’s a relief…next they’ll be starting rumors like they made the stupid decision to get married or something…

katy on July 19, 2010 at 9:04 PM

The only person who is more overexposed than Bristol is Barry.

*Gag*

petefrt on July 19, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Bristol Palin or Bristol Palin Johnston or Levi Johnston Palin?

Their lives are already a reality show. I’m waiting for Blago to do a cameo.

The Race Card on July 19, 2010 at 9:05 PM

If only HA had a resident gossip columnist…

NotCoach on July 19, 2010 at 9:05 PM

I thought as much. Reality show rumours seem to start swirling every time someone in the public eye makes any kind of decision.

Emily M. on July 19, 2010 at 9:05 PM

I don’t have any problems with anything you post. No personality? Interesting. I think %100,000 is a lovely start to their new life, although I am still suggesting a long engagement.

Cindy Munford on July 19, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Well that’s good news. I’m not the greatest Palin fan, I’d prefer someone with a bigger resume, but this would have been an embarrassment for the whole party.

Sad though, that they even tried, glad the were deemed boring

clnurnberg on July 19, 2010 at 9:06 PM

If only HA had a resident gossip columnist…

NotCoach on July 19, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Pay attention, Hot Air does have a gossip columnist; Allahpundit.

carbon_footprint on July 19, 2010 at 9:06 PM

Thank the Saints and the Blessed Virgin herself. <3

lansing quaker on July 19, 2010 at 9:07 PM

More palin tabloid trash from AP!

lorien1973 on July 19, 2010 at 9:00 PM

It’s not AP’s fault. He’s just posting the news. You Palin worshipers need to relax, and stop blaming everybody else when for things that happen around her.

Chudi on July 19, 2010 at 9:07 PM

Bristol Palin or Bristol Palin Johnston or Levi Johnston Palin?

Their lives are already a reality show. I’m waiting for Blago to do a cameo.

The Race Card on July 19, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Nothing in your post accuses anyone here of racism….

You OK? You’re not yourself tonight.

massrighty on July 19, 2010 at 9:07 PM

Chudi on July 19, 2010 at 9:07 PM

Yeah, whadduya thnk you are obamunisti?

clnurnberg on July 19, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Chudi on July 19, 2010 at 9:07 PM

Learn to appreciate untagged sarcasm, grasshopper.

massrighty on July 19, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Chudi on July 19, 2010 at 9:07 PM

You should probably stop with the “Palin worshipers” crap. It makes you look like you’re completely unhinged.

powerpro on July 19, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Bristol has been refudiated

faraway on July 19, 2010 at 9:10 PM

Bummer…

I was looking forward to the “Cervical Cam”.

Seven Percent Solution on July 19, 2010 at 9:13 PM

TOLD YA!

(Just like I said that it was the TV producers approaching them and not the other way around.)

CurtZHP on July 19, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Chud isn’t very bright:

Chudi on July 19, 2010 at 9:07 PM

I’m mocking.

lorien1973 on July 19, 2010 at 9:13 PM

powerpro on July 19, 2010 at 9:08 PM

I think the Palin worshipers are the unhinged ones. Just because some unnamed Romney person said some stupid stuff, that Romnney repudiated, we got 3 days of hysterics from Tammy Bruce to the ones on here. I think you all have lost your minds when it comes to Palin.

Chudi on July 19, 2010 at 9:15 PM

More palin tabloid trash from AP!

lorien1973 on July 19, 2010 at 9:00 PM

It’s not AP’s fault. He’s just posting the news
Chudi

If you read what AP wrote:
“there’ll be angry Palin supporters in the comments accusing me of posting more Palin-related tabloid trash.”
I think you’ll see that lorien was just joking around, Chudi.

whatcat on July 19, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Ah, you beat me to the explanation! ha!

whatcat on July 19, 2010 at 9:16 PM

Sometimes, my friends, it feels like a RINO candy-ass just can’t win.

So, where’s that mosque post?

Stephen M on July 19, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Phewwwwwwwwww… Looks like Todd and Sarah knocked some sense into Bristol for now…

Yea it’s true, Levi has no charisma or a personality but they could’ve gotten a show anyways imho. Reality shows are cheap to produce and having Palin’s daughter in it even if both of them have no personality is just too good to past up.

LurkerDood on July 19, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Sarah Palin has to overcome two major obstacles in order to get elected.

(1) Her opponents; and
(2) Her supporters.

The question is which group will do her more harm?

SteveMG on July 19, 2010 at 9:17 PM

RINO candy-ass? = Licorice to me. You know I like you, you just don’t like me much.

ProudPalinFan on July 19, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Chudi on July 19, 2010 at 9:07 PM

I am personally agnostic at this point in time when it comes to Palin. But this is still the kind of crap I expect to find on TMZ, not a serious political blogging site. It detracts from the very serious issues we face in this country and I would rather see commentary on these issues by our so called leaders or those who wish to be our leaders. If I want to watch the latest self destructive crap on celebrity dunderheads there are plenty of other sites for that and they do a much better job of gossiping about it.

NotCoach on July 19, 2010 at 9:18 PM

To be fair, Allah gets his news from Bob Schieffer

faraway on July 19, 2010 at 9:19 PM

Chudi on July 19, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Don’t make me “circle, circle, dot, dot” again, plz…

lansing quaker on July 19, 2010 at 9:19 PM

It’s been an up and down and then up in Palinworld; never gets boring with Sarah. I so totally refudiate those jerks that wanna knock her out…

guess they didn’t count MAMA GRIZZLY’S GONNA KNOCK YOU OUT!

ProudPalinFan on July 19, 2010 at 9:20 PM

I think you all have lost your minds when it comes to Palin.

Chudi on July 19, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Yet, your obsession compels you to post repeatedly on every Palin-related thread.
Projection.

massrighty on July 19, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Sad though, that they even tried, glad the were deemed boring

clnurnberg on July 19, 2010 at 9:06 PM

Boring would be the last of their considerations…embarrassing Sarah??? Ratings be damned.
Honest-to-Pete, I hope SARAHPAC said to these two wild-eyed, money-grubbing kidlets, “Hey! (smack, smack!) You are hereby employed…and your job is to STFU. Starting in 2013, do whatevah ya want, but in the meantime, we own you…or else y’all be on yo own.

Chewy the Lab on July 19, 2010 at 9:21 PM

that Romnney repudiated
Chudi

Still waiting for him to fire them and apologize. He’s keeping a very low, “no comment” tails-between-the-legs profile after that debacle. I mean, how do you respond when the media asks “So why are keeping such sleazy “knuckleheads” (his term) on your staff?”. Po’ Mitt.

whatcat on July 19, 2010 at 9:22 PM

As a Palin supporter, I think AP has been very fair to her considering he isn’t her biggest fan. He get the hits they need to keep the lights on and I’d stack his wit and sense of humor up against anyone in the blogosphere.

Kataklysmic on July 19, 2010 at 9:24 PM

I’d stack his wit and sense of humor up against anyone in the blogosphere.

Kataklysmic on July 19, 2010 at 9:24 PM

How about an Ed vs. AP cagematch?

faraway on July 19, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Yeah, I thought the “reality show” idea was just too out-there to be believed. (And I’m relieved to discover I was right.)

Aitch748 on July 19, 2010 at 9:27 PM

massrighty on July 19, 2010 at 9:07 PM

So you’re going to back up what you say, right? Feel free to quote me. There are two people on this site who have really stood me down, on one occasion each. I would love to add you to the list.

Yeah, aside from that, I’m right…always. Really. Ask Anybody. If Anybody isn’t taking calls ask Nobody. He rocks!

The Race Card on July 19, 2010 at 9:28 PM

How about an Ed vs. AP cagematch?
faraway

Would make for a film epic: “Clash Of The RINO Midgets”. Throw in Judi Bowker and I’d pay good money to see it.

whatcat on July 19, 2010 at 9:29 PM

faraway on July 19, 2010 at 9:25 PM

While Ed would cream AP without his bald head, that clean shaven noggin would allow AP to claim the matching of wits was unfair because Ed’s shiny head blinded him.

NotCoach on July 19, 2010 at 9:30 PM

that Romnney repudiated…
Chudi on July 19, 2010 at 9:15 PM

The word is refudiated.

massrighty on July 19, 2010 at 9:32 PM

It goes without saying that Allah would be masked… with a cape… and tights.

faraway on July 19, 2010 at 9:32 PM

So. What’s the over/under wager on how long the $100K will last?

tru2tx on July 19, 2010 at 9:32 PM

I notice it specifically says neither of them have “signed up” or “agreed”. Doesn’t rule out the possibility that they’re still considering doing it.

However, I really hope they’re not that stupid.

MadisonConservative on July 19, 2010 at 9:37 PM

The word is refudiated.
massrighty

I repuse to refly to that snide remark ;^)

whatcat on July 19, 2010 at 9:37 PM

Saying Bristol “hasn’t agreed to participate in any show” doesn’t mean she won’t agree to participate in one. Therefore, the danger is still in the air. It could happen at any time.

jonezee on July 19, 2010 at 9:37 PM

How about an Ed vs. AP cagematch?

faraway on July 19, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Yeah, I’d throw in to see that. I think Ed would be down for it, but I’m not sure we could convince our resident Beta male to participate. Maybe if we got his cats a ringside seat and had Meggie Mac as the card model…

Kataklysmic on July 19, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Sometimes, my friends, it feels like a RINO candy-ass just can’t win.

Don’t listen to them, Allah. Self-awareness is the first step to recovery. (ahem!) But seriously … these things matter inasmuch as they are the more visible signs of the culture war, one in which social conservatives are heavily invested. Throw THAT one back at ‘em, champ!

manwithblackhat on July 19, 2010 at 9:42 PM

As a SarahCudian,no reality show………….good!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on July 19, 2010 at 9:43 PM

Sometimes, my friends, it feels like a RINO candy-ass just can’t win.

I have a feeling if Palin won in 2012 and you posted a very flattering picture with a caption that said “YES!” you`d still have people dragging you over hot embers.

ThePrez on July 19, 2010 at 9:43 PM

Sometimes, my friends, it feels like a RINO candy-ass just can’t win.

C’mon, Johnny Mac is kicking butt in AZ, and Mittens is looking good in the early polls.

There’s still a bright future for RINO candy-asses, especially as we run short of Skittles-crapping unicorns.

Somebody always has a sweet tooth.

notropis on July 19, 2010 at 9:44 PM

If only HA had a resident gossip columnist…

NotCoach on July 19, 2010 at 9:05 PM

they can always ask Perez Hilton to pitch in :-) after all this kind of obsessive(non)’stories’ are his speciality :-)

jimver on July 19, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Sometimes, my friends, it feels like a RINO candy-ass just can’t win.

No sympathy, and fix your posture!!!

abobo on July 19, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Just wait and see.

SnarkVader on July 19, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Chudi on July 19, 2010 at 9:15 PM

The ones I see coming off the rails are the attackers who insist….DEMAND!!!! that we see what a waste of time Palin is and that we should reject her.

powerpro on July 19, 2010 at 9:51 PM

Awwwww man, I was sooo looking forward to it.

Hey Allahpundit! Post all the Sarah material you want. Good/bad/indifferent; doesn’t matter.

If you ever stopped, HA would never be as entertaining. And I need that to replace the show they’re not gonna do, now.

listens2glenn on July 19, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Chudi on July 19, 2010 at 9:15 PM

I had almost forgotten about the Romney aide quote. It seems to be weighing on your mind still.

ddrintn on July 19, 2010 at 9:52 PM

All I know is he’s using her . . . again.

And she’s being an idiot and falling for it . . . again.

Alana on July 19, 2010 at 9:54 PM

(facepalm)

Good Lt on July 19, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Poor candy-ass Allah.

Maybe if you’d post something about the Mosque, and refudiate the nonsense you might catch less heat!

gary4205 on July 19, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Who the Hell cares. I dumped Sarah when I saw that dopey Bristol on the cover of US. I do not want a sitting President of the Unites States having her daughter and son in law on the Jerry Springer show. No thank you.

Jdripper on July 19, 2010 at 10:14 PM

It goes without saying that Allah would be masked… with a cape… and tights.

faraway on July 19, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Allah may just refudiate the above mentioned garb and true to his moniker, go full metal burqa…

tigerlily on July 19, 2010 at 10:24 PM

Jdripper on July 19, 2010 at 10:14 PM

The Republic is in such grave danger that I would vote for Sarah, even if her daughter WAS Jerry Springer.

Palin is the only one who has shown that she has the courage and is ready, willing and able to give obama the beatdown he so richly deserves.

In full campaign mode, she will take no prisoners.

tigerlily on July 19, 2010 at 10:31 PM

So the other day, the Bristol/Levi show sucked up most of the comments on HotAir, while a drilling moratorium is sucking the life out of the Gulf coast.

Now we turn around and say, “never mind,” it wasn’t true.

It stands to reason that like a fly trap, there will be more comments sucking away the energy from discussing real news stories that are affecting “real people.”

All the while, no threads on the drilling moratorium.

I’m starting to think that the powers that be here at HotAir SUPPORT the moratorium, and so that’s why it’s being repetitively spiked and not given a discussion thread, despite the thousands-strong rally coming up Wednesday in south Louisiana

Is this true? Ed and Allah can do what they want, but at long last, do they SUPPORT the moratorium? It would be nice to know.

cane_loader on July 19, 2010 at 10:43 PM

whatcat on July 19, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Maybe Palin should fire her blackberry, and apologize for being her crazy worshipers like Tammy Bruce, and the crazy ones on here.

Chudi on July 19, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Chudi on July 19, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Would you like a lesson on how to quote others? I mean your intellect is impeccable and I would hate for your narrative to be ruined by cocked up commenting.

Inanemergencydial on July 19, 2010 at 10:52 PM

Well, I just received the e-mail that I will be given a press credential for Wednesday’s Rally For Ecomonic Survival in Lafayette, Louisiana. At least 10,000 expected. I sent my offer to Ed & Allah earlier today to report on the event if they would like to publicize it, as I will be given the chance as a reporter to participate in the Q & A in front of the crowd.

I have to prove my reporter credentials to The Race Card, at least.

cane_loader on July 19, 2010 at 10:54 PM

Inanemergencydial on July 19, 2010 at 10:52 PM

don’t worry about me…i think ur messiah, palin needs the help more.

Chudi on July 19, 2010 at 10:56 PM

Allah, can’t you comment on the new polls out by 538 website?

taney71 on July 19, 2010 at 10:57 PM

I’m frustrated in that I feel that the moratorium is a prime example of 0bama acting like a dictator and people losing jobs as a direct result, and it’s not being reported on.

This ties in perfectly with the GM dealerships being closed and people losing jobs. It’s hard news.

And now people are rising up in south Louisiana and it seems that all we hear about every day is gossip about Sarah Palin.

That’s why my comments sound so frustrated – because I am very, very frustrated with the news balance. I’d like to help, but maybe this isn’t the venue I thought it was.

cane_loader on July 19, 2010 at 10:59 PM

Over and out.

cane_loader on July 19, 2010 at 10:59 PM

Sorry, while I like Palin and hope she decides to run for president, I gotta ask – who the f^ck cares about Bristol?

jackal40 on July 19, 2010 at 11:01 PM

I’m not sure I’d trust that they won’t do just this, unless Mom comes through with a living.

And she honestly shouldn’t. These are two who need to be cut loose from the nest.

AnninCA on July 19, 2010 at 11:24 PM

don’t worry about me…i think ur messiah, palin needs the help more.

Chudi on July 19, 2010 at 10:56 PM

Gracias mi nueva amiga, my messiah was born incorruptible and died on a tree 2000 years ago.

You can continue on in ignorance, with my blessing.

Inanemergencydial on July 19, 2010 at 11:33 PM

I gave up when they decided to give it another go. I mean, the dude was in Playgirl. How lame is that?

Rightwingguy on July 19, 2010 at 11:37 PM

Inanemergencydial on July 19, 2010 at 11:33 PM

My messiah was a Jewish carpenter.

Rightwingguy on July 19, 2010 at 11:37 PM

Now we turn around and say, “never mind,” it wasn’t true.

All the while, no threads on the drilling moratorium.

cane_loader on July 19, 2010 at 10:43 PM

I must admit, I am one of the guilty posters.

And I wonder why there are no threads on not only the drilling “moratorium” (if he can, I think berri would make it permanent), but the unbelievable, unprecedented, First Amendment shredding obama ordered media blackout by air, land and sea.
Bobby Jindal is, from what I’ve heard, fighting for his people. But I wonder why he hasn’t been in front of the cameras, DAILY, (is he also being censored or is he complying with the obama blackout?)reporting like clockwork on how bad things are, and how obama is to blame. Not ken salazar, not the EPA, not the Coast Guard.

OBAMA. IS. TO. BLAME.

Jindal should have enough star power to have at least publically shamed and exposed obama for a little while, until the network dogs start to censor him, too.

Also, I started to read the editorial he wrote (from a couple of days ago), but couldn’t get past the passive voiced, weak kneed, almost fearful of King Obama, first paragraph.

I like Jindal. But I think something has him holding back.
He is fearful and that’s why he doesn’t take obama to the mat, when he has a literally shattered environment, economy and citizenry on his hands, which would justify Jindal scorching the very earth obama walks on.

But, he is strangely silent, even though I know he is doing many things. I wonder if they have something on him.

P.S. Hope I haven’t offended any Louisianans who are suffering more than we all know, thanks to the government imposed media blackout. That’s just my take on Jindal. I may be wrong.

God bless you all.

tigerlily on July 19, 2010 at 11:48 PM

Jenfidel.

Bee on July 19, 2010 at 9:01 PM

Wicked :)

Schadenfreude on July 20, 2010 at 12:14 AM

Their lives are already a reality show. I’m waiting for Blago to do a cameo.

The Race Card on July 19, 2010 at 9:05 PM

…or, how to win HA friends and influence people :) What a riot you are!

Schadenfreude on July 20, 2010 at 12:17 AM

Sometimes, my friends, it feels like a RINO candy-ass just can’t win.

Dude, you should sell this to your friend, the McCain lady. It’ll make a perfect epitaph for John McCain.

Schadenfreude on July 20, 2010 at 12:22 AM

It’s kinda weird. Sarah Palin, herself, hasn’t really done anything really “wrong” in the past few weeks. But we get endless posts and media reports filled with snark, backhanded compliments and just the angriest PDSers. Angry about what? Yeesh.

No wonder her supporters are riled.

Dongemaharu on July 20, 2010 at 12:23 AM

Bristol Palin or Bristol Palin Johnston or Levi Johnston Palin?

Their lives are already a reality show. I’m waiting for Blago to do a cameo.

The Race Card on July 19, 2010 at 9:05 PM

The disappointment is just palpable….

Chudi on July 19, 2010 at 9:07 PM

I think you mean, “when the things that were supposed to happen to her turn out to be just idle gossip.”

The Race Card may be a little disappointed, but at least I never got the impression he was unhinged.

There Goes The Neighborhood on July 20, 2010 at 2:03 AM

It was a believeable story. This denial was a long time (in politics) in coming.

aengus on July 20, 2010 at 7:22 AM

“Sometimes, my friends, it feels like a RINO candy-ass just can’t win.”

Waaaah. Then stop being one.

But, I’ve got full confidence you’ll give malia and sasha the same treatment.

BaaaawwwwHaaaaawwww!!!

LtE126 on July 20, 2010 at 8:14 AM

Jenfidel.

Bee on July 19, 2010 at 9:01 PM

Yep.
And so does Allahpundit, the Palin-hating trolls here, the MSM and the reality-show watching rabble.
As long as the Leftist lies like this one are out there, Sarah and her supporters like me have to deal with them and swat them down.
I notice that AP is still pushing the other LameStreamMedia story that hasn’t been verified: that Bristol took $100,000 for the engagement story, even though U.S. Weekly denied it.

Jenfidel on July 20, 2010 at 8:19 AM

aengus on July 20, 2010 at 7:22 AM

The denial was a long time coming because it wasn’t a serious (political) story–it was a silly, frivolous tabloid story.

When it was reported last summer that Sarah was “shopping for a reality show,” first they said she was going to be a new Oprah and have a talk show, then it was a cheesy “Follow me in my day”-type show (like the one rumored for Bristol, Levi and Tripp): the LSM was a bit shocked that it ended up being a documentary show about the beauties and features of Alaska.

Jenfidel on July 20, 2010 at 8:23 AM

Still a couple of immature, troubled kids. No getting away from that reality.

jeanie on July 20, 2010 at 9:33 AM

Sometimes, my friends, it feels like a RINO candy-ass just can’t win.

Gee – I thought Palin was the one accused of playing the victim card?

katiejane on July 20, 2010 at 12:08 PM

Still a couple of immature, troubled kids. No getting away from that reality.

jeanie on July 20, 2010 at 9:33 AM

At least they’re trying to be mature and responsible by getting married and making their family “official.”

Jenfidel on July 20, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Jenfidel on July 20, 2010 at 12:58 PM

What happened to all of your accusations of a nefarious left wing media plot pushing Levi into embarassing the Palins?

Bradky on July 20, 2010 at 4:19 PM