New Chris Christie video: How’d you like those first six months in office, huh?

posted at 5:34 pm on July 19, 2010 by Allahpundit

His ad team must have been sorely tempted to lard this one up with snippets from Christie’s greatest viral hits, crowned of course by the media dressing-down heard ’round the world. They resisted, which is too bad: This is a useful quickie rundown of his achievements thus far but it won’t get one-tenth the views on YouTube that it might have gotten had they sexed it up with clips of CC in confrontation mode. In fact, at 54 seconds in, you’ll see a quote flash by indicating Christie’s opposition to drilling off the coast of New Jersey, which tells me that this clip actually wasn’t aimed at the vast audience of conservative blog readers who have turned him into a Republican rock star. Granted, he’s the governor of a blue state and needs to throw the left a bone here and there, but how many Jerseyites are going to watch this vid compared to grassroots righties spread out around the country?

Interesting that he featured Newark Mayor Cory Booker in the clip too. Booker’s a Dem but seems like a good man, and joined forces with Christie in supporting a 2.5 percent property tax cap. Doubtless he’s here to impress Jersey Dems with Christie’s capacity for bipartisanship, but that also has national repercussions as CC’s reputation for being a Republican bulldog grows. If/when he finally runs for higher office, centrists will want to know that he can work with the other side. Booker is an example.

Comments

Keep it up, Chris!

listens2glenn on July 19, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Booker is Obama on steroids.

Connie on July 19, 2010 at 5:39 PM

I love, love me some Chris Christie!

bbh on July 19, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Booker is Obama on steroids.

Connie on July 19, 2010 at 5:39 PM

I don’t know anything about him. Want to expound?

upinak on July 19, 2010 at 5:40 PM

My experience with caps on property taxes make me point out that the city can keep the the tax at 2.5 cap while jacking up the value of your house. In Florida they increased the Homestead deduction from $25,000 to $50,000 and values have been going steadily down hill. I haven’t seen any lowering of the mortgage payments.

Cindy Munford on July 19, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Clone Christy

darwin on July 19, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Awesome. Makes you want to move to Jersey. However, one episode of “Jersey Shore” changes your mind.

milwife88 on July 19, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Oops. Christie! not “Christy”

darwin on July 19, 2010 at 5:43 PM

I like it. Refreshing, except for the position on drilling. Should have a lot of appeal.

paul1149 on July 19, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Cindy Munford on July 19, 2010 at 5:41 PM

My mortgage went down to $1400 from $1631 last year.

lorien1973 on July 19, 2010 at 5:43 PM

If I wasn`t stuck in NY, I`d move to New Jersey because of this man. But as for higher office, I don`t see him going for it. I`m getting the impression that he feels he has limits and doesn`t want to exceed them.

ThePrez on July 19, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Bravo Governor Christie!

If you have some tips to share with Gov. Scharzenegger in California, we would be very grateful!

wren on July 19, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Cindy Munford on July 19, 2010 at 5:41 PM

I live in Wisconsin and we have a freeze on property taxes and our tax bill goes up every year due to increased value of land and property.

scorpio9 on July 19, 2010 at 5:45 PM

Solid B+ – that’s a real B+, not one of those bull crap Obama grades.

lorien1973 on July 19, 2010 at 5:46 PM

he’s a big ole force of nature

JohnBissell on July 19, 2010 at 5:46 PM

I just made an amazing discovery: if you take the classic Chuck Norris jokes and insert Chris Christie’s name, they totally work. Example:

They once made a Chris Christie toilet paper, but it wouldn’t take sh*t from anybody.

Animator Girl on July 19, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Taft 2012!! er…I mean Christie. :)

rollthedice on July 19, 2010 at 5:48 PM

scorpio9 on July 19, 2010 at 5:45 PM

are you talking mill rate?

upinak on July 19, 2010 at 5:48 PM

TedInATL on July 19, 2010 at 5:50 PM

lorien1973 on July 19, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Our’s only went down when we changed the homeowners insurance and then by less then a hundred dollars. Considering the plummeting values, I haven’t been impressed.

Cindy Munford on July 19, 2010 at 5:52 PM

This.

rickyricardo on July 19, 2010 at 5:52 PM

“If paper beats rock, rock beats scissors, and scissors beats paper, what beats all 3 at the same time? Answer: Chris Christie.”

Animator Girl on July 19, 2010 at 5:53 PM

upinak on July 19, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Mayor of Newark. Same agenda, but not as thin-skinned and highly personable. Into religious studies and very friendly with Muslim activists – too friendly. Obama was able to fool half the people. Booker would be able to deceive all the people and make them like it. I had no idea who he was until I saw he was following me on Twitter. Haven’t done a lot of research, but he’s someone to keep your eye on because he does not plan on being just Mr. Mayor for long.

Connie on July 19, 2010 at 5:54 PM

here’s to “HOPING” we ain’t seen NOTHING yet!!!!

GO CHRISTIE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

WWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RealMc on July 19, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Connie on July 19, 2010 at 5:54 PM

following you on twitter? Hmmm need to do some research.

upinak on July 19, 2010 at 5:57 PM

the political wind is at his back. keep it up there sir.!! nice work

ted c on July 19, 2010 at 5:57 PM

So reading these jokes helped me come up with Christie’s campaign slogan:

“I’m voting for the BAMF: Christie 2012/16″

Okay, I’m done.

Animator Girl on July 19, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Cindy Munford on July 19, 2010 at 5:41 PM

I live in Florida. Your mortgage payment may or may not include your taxes, depending on how you arranged your mortgage. If you pay a separate tax bill to your county, then your mortgage payment would never change. I have my taxes and insurance “escrowed”… added to my mortgage. My mortgage payment has gone down three years in a row as a result of my county appraiser valuing my property lower and lower. If your property is still valued at 2005/2006 levels, I suggest you look into your local government and their (crooked) practices. I live in Lee county and all properties are “online” and you can look at the historical appraised value and the historical taxes. My taxes when I moved to my current home were over $10K a year. They are now around $5K. The cap and homestead deduction also work for you. If you have the homestead deduction, your taxes cannot be increased by more than 3% in any year and if you’ve owned your home for 3-4 years or more and the valuation hasn’t gone down (in Florida), I suggest you get together with other local citizens and solve the local problem you apparently have.

If you have your taxes and insurance escrowed, your mortgage company is supposed to send you a statement regarding just your escrow every year. You can probably even view it online (securely).

CC

CapedConservative on July 19, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Animator Girl on July 19, 2010 at 5:48 PM

I love your perceptiveness! I totally agree, but that had not even entered my mind. I am going to start today! What fun!

IowaWoman on July 19, 2010 at 6:01 PM

He’s ok I guess, but he hasn’t written 2 autobiographies about his journey of personal discovery. TedInATL on July 19, 2010 at 5:50 PM

And he doesn’t have a Nobel prize.

Dingbat63 on July 19, 2010 at 6:03 PM

AP, whodathunk that 6 mos after his inauguration that you’d be using the terms “Chris Christie” and “sexing up” together in one post and we’d all a) know what you mean and b) completely agree?

my how far we’ve come. heh

I have a sis that lives in Jersey City and, for the first time in my adult life, I’m jealous of her….

ted c on July 19, 2010 at 6:03 PM

scorpio9 on July 19, 2010 at 5:45 PM

I also live in Wisconsin, and hopefully we will see a big change in this state after November. Especially concerning budgets, spending and over taxation of businesses. Also a change in the Conceal Carry laws would be an added bonus.

WhoU4 on July 19, 2010 at 6:04 PM

Chris Cristie is currently suing NBC, claiming Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs.

IowaWoman on July 19, 2010 at 6:04 PM

Right, I lied, because this one is just too good:

Chris Christie isn’t lactose intolerant. He just doesn’t put up with lactose’s sh*t.

Animator Girl on July 19, 2010 at 6:05 PM

CapedConservative on July 19, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Our taxes are paid in our mortgage. I went back to Jan.1, 2008 to make sure I wasn’t talking out of my hat but our mortgage is pretty much status quo. I will have to go find the the paperwork on taxes.

Cindy Munford on July 19, 2010 at 6:06 PM

*high five, IowaWoman. :D

Animator Girl on July 19, 2010 at 6:06 PM

Animator Girl on July 19, 2010 at 5:48 PM

IowaWoman on July 19, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Awesome!!

WhoU4 on July 19, 2010 at 6:07 PM

I haven’t been impressed.

Cindy Munford on July 19, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Me neither, really. My house is officially under the value I paid for it. I bought it at 225, it went up to 340, now it’s down to 205. I still have a good amount of equity in the house, though so I’m not underwater which is good, I suppose.

lorien1973 on July 19, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Good lord, it’s like a drug. Make me stop:

Aliens do exist. They’re just waiting for Chris Christie to die before they attack.

Animator Girl on July 19, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Although it is not common knowledge, there are actually three sides to the Force: the light side, the dark side, and Chris Cristie.

IowaWoman on July 19, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Cindy Munford on July 19, 2010 at 6:06 PM

The next house I build/buy, will NOT have my taxes in it. Freaking headache it is causing due to someone in a admin office, who is probably ticked off at the world and taking it out on everyone keeps screwing up and saying we owe more in taxes then the house is worth. She is about to get fired….

upinak on July 19, 2010 at 6:11 PM

How refreshing. Obama creates economic havoc and this many brings prosperity.

seven on July 19, 2010 at 6:11 PM

lorien1973 on July 19, 2010 at 6:08 PM

We have been in ours since 1998, so we are good, but we would like to sell and move home where real estate is higher. So it seems you never really get out of debt. And at this point, sitting still and waiting this out doesn’t seem like a great idea.

Cindy Munford on July 19, 2010 at 6:14 PM

IowaWoman on July 19, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Chris Christie is Luke Skywalker’s father.

(Alternate headline for this post: “Chris Christie to New Jersey Dems: WHO’S YOUR DADDY?”)

Animator Girl on July 19, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Chris Christie for Mayor of every city, Governor of every state, Rep of the House, Senator of the Congress, and President of teh God Blessed UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

CynicalOptimist on July 19, 2010 at 6:15 PM

upinak on July 19, 2010 at 6:11 PM

Even when you pay it off, government can take it for taxes. You never really own anything.

Cindy Munford on July 19, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Chris Christie once won a game of Connect Four in three moves.

Animator Girl on July 19, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Chris the Fat Man (TM) Rocks!

/Bet umChelle will have a bit to say about his BMI, but then again, America has much to snicker about umChelle’s uhh.. uhh. Where’s the teleprompter?

Key West Reader on July 19, 2010 at 6:19 PM

Hope he has good security and he should never be alone in a room with some one who is not family or closer….

I’m wondering what kind of opinion your average ‘Jersey Shore’ potato head has of Christie??

I’m guessing somewhere along the lines of ‘Is he that fat dude on the TV?’

BigWyo on July 19, 2010 at 6:24 PM

I think Chris Christie and Chuck Norris need to do a buddy film together; lots of action with some comedy thrown in for fun.

Mojave Mark on July 19, 2010 at 6:26 PM

I am a big fan od Gov. Christie!! President please!

Nelsen on July 19, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Mojave Mark on July 19, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Too much awesome for one movie. Our faces would explode. On the other hand, it would be TOTALLY WORTH IT to watch the little girls (Matthews, Olby) on MSNBC cry.

Animator Girl on July 19, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Cindy Munford on July 19, 2010 at 6:15 PM

I know. I wonder when this first started happening…. and why no one seemed to care.

upinak on July 19, 2010 at 6:28 PM

When Obama goes to bed every night, he checks his closet for Chris Christie.

(That one works with Sarah Palin, too. Actually, Barack has Michelle check the closet, because he’s too scared.)

Animator Girl on July 19, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Chris Christie is not politically correct: he is just correct. Always.

….and I think that’s quite enough thread-jacking for today. Thank you for indulging me, AP.

Animator Girl on July 19, 2010 at 6:32 PM

Cindy Munford on July 19, 2010 at 6:15 PM

I don’t think they can take your primary residence.

lorien1973 on July 19, 2010 at 6:33 PM

LUV ‘IM, BUT HIS ANTI-OFF SHORE DRILLING POSITION IS BAD.

reliapundit on July 19, 2010 at 6:36 PM

There is no ‘Ctrl’ button on Chris Christie’s computer. Chris Christie is always in control.

Key West Reader on July 19, 2010 at 6:37 PM

I don’t think they can take your primary residence.

lorien1973 on July 19, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Yes they can, if you don’t pay your taxes on the land.

upinak on July 19, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Chuck Norris kicks ass in Texas….but Chris Christie kicks ass in NJ….

ted c on July 19, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Key West Reader on July 19, 2010 at 6:37 PM

+1000

Animator Girl on July 19, 2010 at 6:42 PM

lorien1973 on July 19, 2010 at 6:33 PM

In some places they can, but I think you are right about Florida. I remember reading an article about some folks in Long Island who were losing theirs for back taxes. And the amount was far below the value of the home.

Cindy Munford on July 19, 2010 at 6:44 PM

Chris Christie, the most intersting man in the world …

bbh on July 19, 2010 at 6:45 PM

RE your house:

Cindy Munford on July 19, 2010 at 6:15 PM

This bugs me MORE than income tax, which also bugs me. The government has made serfs of us all. Throw ‘modest’ inflation into the mix and any savings that you have to pay for your (rent) taxes loses value. There is no secure retirement.

AnotherOpinion on July 19, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Cindy Munford on July 19, 2010 at 5:41 PM

In Michigan Proposal A set the homestead property tax at 6 mils and can only raise the state equalized value 3% or the rate of inflation, whichever is higher. That changes when the property is sold and then the property value goes to the sale price of the house and then the process starts all over again.

flytier on July 19, 2010 at 7:21 PM

His ad team must have been sorely tempted to lard this one up

Somebody needs to whip the onanistic BS out of you, AP. It isn’t cute or funny, or even mildly entertaining.

rayra on July 19, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Gov. Christie cooks his meat by staring at it.

5u93rm4n on July 19, 2010 at 7:46 PM

“Hold the line”

jake-the-goose on July 19, 2010 at 7:51 PM

flytier on July 19, 2010 at 7:21 PM

That sounds fool proof. It will take a couple of years but it will be interesting to see how the politicians work around it. As you can see, as a subset I don’t trust them.

Cindy Munford on July 19, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Wake up people. Cristie is NO CONSERVATIVE. Check out Lonegans info. You have been duped.

lostinjrz on July 19, 2010 at 7:52 PM

AnotherOpinion on July 19, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Some areas have senior citizen rates but most don’t know how to apply and in some cases you have to be destitute to qualify.

Cindy Munford on July 19, 2010 at 7:54 PM

This is conservatism, along with Paul Ryan!

conservador on July 19, 2010 at 8:09 PM

He’s hot..

reshas1 on July 19, 2010 at 8:56 PM

Lookin’ good, Chris! Full speed ahead!

petefrt on July 19, 2010 at 9:03 PM

There are no Democrats, just Republicans Chris Christie doesn’t want in the party!

abobo on July 19, 2010 at 9:56 PM

New Chris Christie video: How’d you like those first six months in office, huh?

A he!! of a lot better than I like 0bama’s first 21 months* in office.

* I’m including his time spent in the imaginary and childish “Office of the President Elect” in that figure.

UltimateBob on July 19, 2010 at 10:41 PM

Yeah, dude CCR is like my favorite.

CCR as in “Chris Christy Republican” that is.

TheSitRep on July 19, 2010 at 10:56 PM

Cindy Munford on July 19, 2010 at 7:54 PM

There is also a homestead exemption some places I’ve heard, but again you have to apply and there may be a $ value limit. But the idea behind allowing the elderly destitute to keep their own house when they can’t pay their taxes *cynical on* sounds like they considered it cheaper than putting them in prison and cleaner than throwing them out on the street *cynical off*. Otherwise, if you are a young enough horse the pigs can squeeze a few more years work out of you. Joy. My government will willingly allow me to keep my future poverty. But no worries, I’m sure since they’ve taxed me all my life, instead of letting me keep some wealth to provide for myself, that they will provide for me in my final days when I finally start costing the system more than what can continue to be taken from me. And the choices I’ll have in health care too!

They cripple some so that they can take from others in the interest of ‘fairness’. Then when they’ve crippled you they say “time’s up”. All the while our masters have written the rules for themselves.

AnotherOpinion on July 19, 2010 at 11:27 PM

For the most part Booker seems like a decent guy, he got thrust into a horrid situation when he took over Newark and saw how badly Sharp James screwed it up, I’m guessing he feels for Christie since he had the same problem on a State Wide Level.

I’d like to see Christie get back at the cities (like my own) who made sure to push a property tax hike the day before this signing. For the 2nd time in less than a year Jersey City mayor Healey raised taxes 11.5% on homeowners (it was less but almost as bad last time) Christie should inform such cities that they won’t be getting any money from the State because they already stole enough from the citizens (not to mention the 20 people who got arrested in the Jersey City council, mayors office, ect who were doing god knows what)

Rbastid on July 20, 2010 at 1:50 AM

Rbastid on July 20, 2010 at 1:50 AM

I feel your pain. I’m in Montclair and they did the same to us. It’s a disgrace.

Dash on July 20, 2010 at 7:17 AM

GWB had Bob Bullock and, before 9/11, worked with Ted Kennedy on NCLB. Somehow, I don’t remember Democrats showering him with bipartisan accolades.

Kafir on July 20, 2010 at 8:07 AM

I think Chris Christie is proving that it doesn’t take a full bath of conservatism to turn a state around, just the right dose in the right area. He is hardly a god of conservative ideas, but he does the simple things very well, like balancing budgets and cutting waste. Thats all we really need to get the country producing again. Obama makes it look like it takes rocket science when it only takes some basic common sense and 1st grade math.

tflst5 on July 20, 2010 at 8:52 AM

Superman wears Chris Christie pajamas.

Slowburn on July 20, 2010 at 10:26 AM