Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the Week?

posted at 9:00 am on July 18, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

It’s time once again to hold Obama accountable by choosing his most amateurish stumble of the week, and it’s a tough choice — apparently tougher than his choice of vacation spots.  (Of course, the real problem with the Gulf is its golf courses.)  If Obama doesn’t like the choices, he can still blame them on each of his middle names.

Previous 2010 “winners”:

Illustrations by Chris Muir of Day by Day. Be sure to read the adventures of Sam, Zed, Damon, and Jan every day! Chris has started his annual fund drive, so be sure to visit the DBD site and keep DBD in action!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I voted for the Blame Bush option but clearly he is saying that the Israelis are racist because they dont trust a black man with the middle name of Hussien.

William Amos on July 18, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Israelis don’t trust him because of a whole host of other very good reasons, and one of them ain’t his middle name.

pilamaye on July 18, 2010 at 9:06 AM

Tough one this week. I had to go with Blame Bush also. But it was a close tie with the vacation spot.

NYconservative on July 18, 2010 at 9:07 AM

I can’t choose just one. As a Nyer Hispanic wannabe, I think I should get to vote 6 times.

Connie on July 18, 2010 at 9:07 AM

I voted for the Maine Trip. Lord knows that the Prince shouldn’t have to associate with the common people in the gulf.///

kingsjester on July 18, 2010 at 9:08 AM

Ir was a busy week. Can I write in “flew Bo in on a separate plane”?

Jed_Eckert on July 18, 2010 at 9:12 AM

I like the new format, Ed!
Michelle shows up in oil-blotched blouse to subliminally warn us what will happen if we visit the Gulf, then tells us to vacation there (*wink*), then vacations in Maine. *facepalm*

itsnotaboutme on July 18, 2010 at 9:12 AM

Another tough call. All of the above just hints at how little PBHO does in his day job.

Another vacation while “focussing like a laser” on [any number of things] is the height of Obamateurism.

FWIW, lasers are collimated, not focused.

NaCly dog on July 18, 2010 at 9:12 AM

I had to take the blame bush simple because a Messiah in the White House still cant beat a burning Bush.

The man clearly suffers from a superiority complex when he cant even take responcibility for his own actions.

William Amos on July 18, 2010 at 9:13 AM

Ir was a busy week. Can I write in “flew Bo in on a separate plane”?

Jed_Eckert on July 18, 2010 at 9:12 AM

Maybe Ed should run OOTD on Saturdays as well. Too many Obamao goofs to keep up with!

itsnotaboutme on July 18, 2010 at 9:14 AM

I’m going with the AQ Jihadys are racists!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on July 18, 2010 at 9:14 AM

How about having Barkys dog flying on a seperate jet to get to their family vacation in Maine?

Pelosi delende est on July 18, 2010 at 9:14 AM

Did the plane go by the callsign of “Airwoof” ?

William Amos on July 18, 2010 at 9:16 AM

I had to vote for the spirited ‘….they don’t like me because of my middle name’ defense. Is he President of his sixth grade class or the USA? I’m guessing he also had cooties as a child and no one would play with him.

DeweyWins on July 18, 2010 at 9:20 AM

I consider it a six way tie.
William Amos, as sure as the plane O flew in goes by the call sign Air Farce 1.

elifino on July 18, 2010 at 9:23 AM

Did the plane go by the callsign of “Airwoof” ?

William Amos on July 18, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Airwoof? Good one!

Yep, maybe Ed can run the First Dog story one day this week. You have to wonder just how tone deaf you have to be to fly a dog on a separate jet during these hard times. (Besides, why couldn’t he fly on the same plane with his family?)

petefrt on July 18, 2010 at 9:27 AM

Lot of super choices this time round. The vacation in the Gulf thing though just gives them a heads up to take another vacation down there when the weather’s cooler and the clean up has progressed a little. The HA poster that wrote the ‘king’ post was right. King and Queen Barack the First and the little princesses(oh, and the royal dog, but I still like the dog, it’s not his fault).

jeanie on July 18, 2010 at 9:29 AM

Vacation! That was no vacation. It was a 2 day photo-op even bringing along their doggy Bo-op who flew separately of, course.

My You Tube: Obama’s Vacation is One Big Photo-op

I also made a couple of videos on the middle name, one called a Boy Named Hussein ala Johnny Cash.

No Niks on July 18, 2010 at 9:30 AM

JOBS JOBS JOBS…that is a three letter word in case ya`ll are wondering. Oh, and …………Boooooooosh!11!!1!!!!!

NY Conservative on July 18, 2010 at 9:31 AM

I went for the ‘al qaeda is racist’ thing.
He’s such an amateur it’s truly mind boggling.

Urban Infidel on July 18, 2010 at 9:31 AM

Did the plane go by the callsign of “Airwoof” ?

William Amos on July 18, 2010 at 9:16 AM

William Amos: DogHouse 1, DH/1!:)

canopfor on July 18, 2010 at 9:35 AM

Israelis don’t trust him because “my middle name is Hussein, and that creates suspicion”

Typical Obama strawman. Obama is a thousand times more hung up on his name and skin color than all but the most extreme kooks.

I’ve distrusted Obama ever since I saw the clips of Jeremiah Wright. And it my impression of him has been dramatically negative territory ever since.

BTW: was the family trip to Maine some kind of nod to the Maine sisters for backing financial reform? Could they be the next Arlen Specters?

The GOP needs to ensure that they don’t lose Senate seats where they shouldn’t be losing Senate seats just so that they don’t have to rely on turds like Snowe, Collins, and Brown. I’m fine with the Northeastern Senators being culturally moderate, but on fiscal matters they should be “Bible belters.” I look forward to Main Street’s reaction when checking accounts start costing a monthly fee and the economy gets bogged down by excessive regulation and discrimination suits resulting from the social engineering.

BuckeyeSam on July 18, 2010 at 9:37 AM

He’s definitely got this award all sewed up.

Patrick S on July 18, 2010 at 9:38 AM

itsnotaboutme on July 18, 2010 at 9:12 AM

Here she is, in her oil spill dress.

And here are some of her other (entertaining) fashion statements: Who’s Dressed Better?

petefrt on July 18, 2010 at 9:39 AM

the middle name nonsense, basically he stereotyped people.

rob verdi on July 18, 2010 at 9:39 AM

I’m thinking it’s Bush’s fault the racist Israelis don’t like BO because of his increased HIV funding causing BO to have to vacation in Maine

katablog.com on July 18, 2010 at 9:40 AM

It was blame Bush but jeeez does this guy EVER work!

faol on July 18, 2010 at 9:41 AM

petefrt on July 18, 2010 at 9:27 AM

It’s been clear since the early days of his Presidency that Obama would not be limited to taking advantage of the perks that go with the office. He flat out abuses them.

Dee2008 on July 18, 2010 at 9:43 AM

Isn’t his middle name “Millhouse”?

portlandon on July 18, 2010 at 9:44 AM

By the time this 4 year single term mistake is over… everyone who is not Obama, or a overt zombie type supporter of his… will have been exposed as a racist.
His buds at Al-Qaeda forgot to take a hands off blacks stand (as exampled by the AG)… So Obaby throws them under the bus… Finally.

RalphyBoy on July 18, 2010 at 9:45 AM

I went with the Main vacation, but only because he blames Bush so often it’s something I’ve come to expect. He says it so often it makes him look pathetic and weak, not to mention foolish.

Going to Main after telling folks to visit the Gulf was just arrogant and I don’t know, can I use the word “uppity” without being called racist? Probably not, but that’s what it was. Elitism.

scalleywag on July 18, 2010 at 9:45 AM

Voted for the Maine trip business. How much did this vacation cost us? We’ve been hearing jets flying around all night long. What’s his carbon footprint? I’m glad he’s leaving our beloved state today.

MainelyRight on July 18, 2010 at 9:48 AM

“Vacation’s all he ever wanted”……His permanent vacation is all we’ve ever wanted!

50sGuy on July 18, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Maybe he’s doing the Maine thing to get tourists(those with any money left)to go there. The Maine tourism business is on the rocks just like the rest of the country. Still, the Gulf is worse by any yard stick so I guess I’m wrong and it is the golf courses as Ed says. The Bar Harbor area has a couple nifty ones. Have to arrive at the conclusion that O just doesn’t get it. He has no idea how mainstream America thinks and doesn’t care to learn. Even the Queen of England has better sense than to wave her wealth and privilege under the noses of her people. Class is not the Obama watch word is it!

jeanie on July 18, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Either one takes responsibility, or one doesn’t. No codicils.

OldEnglish on July 18, 2010 at 9:58 AM

According to Obama, the Israelis must be racists, but who isn’t if they don’t accept his word as the ultimate answer. Obama knows that without 95% of the black vote, as before, he is doomed. Expect the racial hatred to be ratcheted up as never before. The level of hate is going to reach intensity before never seen. It is all they have.

volsense on July 18, 2010 at 10:03 AM

MainelyRight on July 18, 2010 at 9:48 AM

I’m kind of interested in how the good folks of Maine see Olympia. The couple of places I have friends there are all pretty far left. Also they are full of ex-pats from other states. The Bangor Daily News sets my teeth on edge when I read it–a kind of small time NYT. Does anyone there see her for what she is–an nice but over the hill old school pol who believes compromise is the name of the game. The new school of GOP women, if they ever get enough clout, will most likely run her out. Yes? No?

jeanie on July 18, 2010 at 10:16 AM

This was a doozy, but I chose the “don’t vacation in the Gulf” because it puts egg on Michelle’s face as well.

Why not kill two birds with one stone?

madmonkphotog on July 18, 2010 at 10:17 AM

All The Above, and much more.

paul1149 on July 18, 2010 at 10:17 AM

Had To go with last option….blame w is his last move

cmsinaz on July 18, 2010 at 10:18 AM

What’s his carbon footprint?

MainelyRight on July 18, 2010 at 9:48 AM

How does a prez, a global warming zealot, whose agenda is to cut back the carbon footprint of the rest of us (even at the cost of destroying the country’s economy) fly his dog on a separate jet to join him on vacation?

petefrt on July 18, 2010 at 10:20 AM

I am going with the Israelis and his middle name. He uses his name almost as much as his skin color as a cover for why people think he is ineffectual and rude. Wake up, Barry, you are just wrong about everything damn thing.

Cindy Munford on July 18, 2010 at 10:24 AM

Vacation… Do as I say, not as I do runs in the family

WhoU4 on July 18, 2010 at 10:25 AM

volsense on July 18, 2010 at 10:03 AM

He’ll still get 94.5 of that demographic next election.

Cindy Munford on July 18, 2010 at 10:26 AM

petefrt on July 18, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Don’t do as I do, do as I say.

OldEnglish on July 18, 2010 at 10:28 AM

Did all these happen in the last week???
There are so many of these Obamateurism that some seem like they happened more then a week ago. I don’t know.

Electrongod on July 18, 2010 at 10:29 AM

Those were very tough choices because they reveal ObaMao’s typical self-absorption and tone-deafness.

I chose the “jihadis are racists” only because the WH staff had to jump in to clarify/explain that the great intellectual meant. Is this fool unable to articulate what he means with that silver tongue of his that we are assured he has?

What really burns me up is ObaMao’s Saturday morning bully pulpit, where he demonizes Republicans as “the party of the rich,” who are heartlessly shooting down another unemployment benefits extension and all of the other wonderful economic goodies that the Dems want to deliver.

On the Sunday squawk shows and elsewhere, forthright Republicans had better emphasize that the bill was loaded with more deficit-inducing pork totally unrelated to addressing the economy and that unspent stimulous funds should have been used to solve the problem.

I like what VDH had to say about the chutzpah of ObaMao:

Pampered populists [Victor Davis Hanson]

It’s surreal to see President Obama play the class-warfare card against the Republicans while on his way to vacation on the tony Maine coast, and even more interesting to note that now gone are the days when the media used to caricature Bush I (“Poppy”) for boating in the summer off the preppie-sounding Kennebunkport. The truth is that the real big money and the lifestyles that go with it are now firmly liberal Democratic.

One can use an entire array of evidence — the preponderance of Wall Street money that went to Obama over McCain in 2008, the liberal voting patterns of the high-income blue-state congressional districts, the anecdotal evidence of a Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, or George Soros, or the ease by which an eco-populist like Al Gore buys estates and creates corporations, or the rarified tastes of men of the people like John Edwards of two-nations fame, or John Kerry of multiple estate residences.

Bill Clinton was perhaps the first liberal president to embarrass progressive populists, who by rote caricatured those who played golf or amassed millions in post-presidential huckstering. The point is that Barack Obama’s “them” rhetoric against those who supposedly make tons of money and won’t pay enough in taxes to fund the Obama technocratic class’s redistribution schemes seems almost fossilized. The more the polo-shirted Obama seems obsessed with golf, and the more he seems to prefer the landscape of the elite (who navigate the Ivy League, Silicon Valley, Hollywood, Upper East Side, Cambridge, etc.), the more we wonder whom exactly he’s railing about.

Is it the less-cultured wannabe wealthy who don’t make enough not to be hurt by high taxes, who send their kids to Penn State or Purdue rather than Yale, who run hardware stores or paving companies instead of inheriting estates or being CEOs for green companies, and who vacation at the lake with their powerboats and jet skis rather than bike through Tuscany? In short, Obama had better get the populist photo-ops down a lot better, since his calls to soak the rich from the 18th hole or the coastal vacation home look increasingly ridiculous.

onlineanalyst on July 18, 2010 at 10:33 AM

Wow. This is really a tough one.

ProfessorMiao on July 18, 2010 at 10:34 AM

Blame Bush is so expected that one wonders when, or if, a certain butt becomes “W’s” fault.

Yoop on July 18, 2010 at 10:35 AM

I normally have no problem with my choice and am generally in the majority. This week I peeked, these are getting harder and harder.

Open The Door on July 18, 2010 at 10:35 AM

After agonizing over five great choices and dithering about whether my analysis would put my selection “over the top” as the weekly winner, I realized they are ALL worthy of illustrating Øbummer’s amateurish behavior. While I voted for “Blame Bush (some more)!” I had real affinity for “Israelis have a knee-jerk response to my middle name” and “AQ is racist, picking on the most vulnerable group available.”
This was a pretty funny blog feature at first but now it’s become down-right embarrassing at how world-class an amateur he is. The scariest part is that this economic and political amateur is making national policy decisions.

ExpressoBold on July 18, 2010 at 10:37 AM

onlineanalyst on July 18, 2010 at 10:33 AM

The One’s landscape consists only of the caring, intelligent, educated liberals on one side and the hateful, gun toting, sheet wearing, ignorant nazis on the other.

There is also a smattering of cool, but oppressed minority folks and fat crooked white businessmen and a few other lefty stereotypes tossed in, but that is about it.

The strength is that our media sells the same world view so it is all good.

IlikedAUH2O on July 18, 2010 at 10:43 AM

I voted for, ObaMao expects to be held accountable on jobs, but it’s Bush’s fault. But if Airwoof had been included it would have been a tougher choice.

Slowburn on July 18, 2010 at 10:44 AM

I don’t care how messed up those young ladies were, I “loved” the Go-Gos.

Somehow the music was just more fun in the 80.

On the poll, very split this week. Twas hard but, in the end I went with Israel because it is just another example of how demeaning his is with our close allies and yet deferential to those who should still be our enemies.

hawkdriver exit question?\: Is Belinda Carlisle is single?

hawkdriver on July 18, 2010 at 10:45 AM

The “do as I say, not as I do” vacation to Maine is my choice…

Khun Joe on July 18, 2010 at 10:48 AM

These just get tougher each week as Scooter warms to his job. I can’t imagine the degree of difficulty by 2012.

a capella on July 18, 2010 at 10:50 AM

You forgot one. Let’s remember that when he when on vacation, he flew his damned dog in on a separate jet.

thekingtut on July 18, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Since Ed is based in Minnesota, any felons reading this blog are allowed to vote multiple times.

neobadger on July 18, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Hey, W! You better get his book out B/4 November and it better be good!

I hate to ruin the fun but blame is a talisman. With the media helping hide your faults, it is a truly magic cloak.

The public and the last administration? Here is one source:

IlikedAUH2O on July 18, 2010 at 10:59 AM

Sorry. I meant “your” instead of his. Also, the same poll show no regret in not electing McCain. But it is one poll.

W is doing a book, I hear…isn’t he?

IlikedAUH2O on July 18, 2010 at 11:03 AM

This gets harder every week…..Obama’s ignorance knows no bounds.

…..To have Obama fill his foreign policy staff with anti-Israeli zealots like Rice,Powers,and Malley…..

….humiliate Netanyatu when he comes to the White House,Condemn Israeli foreign/Domestic policy …..

…..then kiss up to the Ahmadinejad’s and Hugo’s of the world……

……..and then blame lack of support from Israeli’s on his “middle name” is as ignorant as it is condescending.

Baxter Greene on July 18, 2010 at 11:04 AM

hawkdriver exit question?\: Is Belinda Carlisle is single?

hawkdriver on July 18, 2010 at 10:45 AM

She might not be single but she might be available. Look before you leap into Lib Land.

ExpressoBold on July 18, 2010 at 11:04 AM

What was the deal with flying Bo on a separate plane? Did the taxpayers pick up the tab for that as well?

PhiKapMom on July 18, 2010 at 11:08 AM

this was very difficult!

I chose the vacation one, simply because of the timing. MO was in the Gulf, praising the merits of vacationing there, the same week they go to Maine. Can’t he even get the timing right for his BS?

ladyingray on July 18, 2010 at 11:10 AM

portlandon on July 18, 2010 at 9:44 AM

Nixon was an amateur compared to this blowhard.

chemman on July 18, 2010 at 11:14 AM

Wait a minute…we paid for his DOG’s private plane??

ladyingray on July 18, 2010 at 11:14 AM

Another tough choice, but I voted for the latest Blame Boooosh excuse. Barry gets a lot of mileage out of that. Of course, President Kick-Ass is so out of touch that he doesn’t realize that when he yet again blames Boooosh, the world does a collective eyeroll and then a double facepalm. That’s OK, Barry: I can see 2012 from my house.

A close second was President Paranoid believing that racist Israelis don’t trust him because his middle name is Hussein. Priceless. Enjoy your latest vacation, Barry.

Philly on July 18, 2010 at 11:17 AM

volsense on July 18, 2010 at 10:03 AM

The huge problem with that is it creates a tinder box that an extraneous spark can easily ignite. It appears to me the left wants a real culture war like the Balkans or the Middle East.

chemman on July 18, 2010 at 11:27 AM

Two foreign policy race cards splitting the votes. Not fair.

year_of_the_dingo on July 18, 2010 at 11:30 AM

Wait a minute…we paid for his DOG’s private plane??

ladyingray on July 18, 2010 at 11:14 AM

It would have been cheaper to “rent a dog” in Maine.
With as many vacations that this family takes, is it really necessary for their dog to go on this particular vacation if it requires a separate plane? Most of us would just leave the dog at home.

Electrongod on July 18, 2010 at 11:30 AM

Electrongod on July 18, 2010 at 11:30 AM

Why did they need to take the dog for three days in Maine? I am pretty sure there were some folks at the White House who could have fed, watered and let him out. Was there something on their agenda that required a dog?

Cindy Munford on July 18, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Vacation. Because he’s gonna use up all his jettin’ around time before he has o get a real job – it’s all on us, you see.

TinMan13 on July 18, 2010 at 11:37 AM

This is the toughest week yet – major Obamateurism’s all!!

Some of these should get a second chance Ed!!!

Tim_CA on July 18, 2010 at 11:37 AM

Was there something on their agenda that required a dog?

Cindy Munford on July 18, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Actually the Obama’s required their personal aid Reggie Love. The dog was just extra baggage on this flight.
I don’t know. If it was me with my limited budget, I would have planned this better but I am sure many Presidents have done this before.

Electrongod on July 18, 2010 at 11:43 AM

A plateful of examples as to how disconnected Obama is from the people he “leads”. Tough choice but I went with his insult to the Israelis…again.

Extrafishy on July 18, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Wait a minute…we paid for his DOG’s private plane??

ladyingray on July 18, 2010 at 11:14 AM

TinMan13 on July 18, 2010 at 11:37 AM

Remember… He’s President and is entitled to all of the benefits that the office offers! The same applies to private concerts… Parties… Golf, and the list goes on.

WhoU4 on July 18, 2010 at 11:46 AM

Voted for the middle name comment. Tugged on memories of two other incidents: 1. A supposed magazine article he read (though no one can find it) about a black boy who bleached his skin and Obama’s empathy towards this boy’s dilemma. 2. The Bush/hand-sanitizer incident. Everything, and I mean everything is personal with this man. He is incapable of ever getting beyond the color of his own skin. To dismiss the Israelis disapproval of him because of “Hussain” and based on nothing else explains what he is all about. He’ll go with self-perceived slurs first and foremost. Always. A very dangerous man lurks within him.

betsyz on July 18, 2010 at 11:48 AM

When Bo has a plane it’s called ‘Dog One’. I wonder what lucky Secret Service agent is tasked with his protection. Does that extend to scooping? Do they have doggie-do bags imprinted with the Presidential Seal?

The Doofus asks a great deal of us, it’s high time he was asked what sacrifices his highness has made.

slickwillie2001 on July 18, 2010 at 12:08 PM

What was the Obamateurism of the Week?

Wouldn’t it be easier to have a poll of what wasn’t?

rbj on July 18, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Israelis don’t trust him because “my middle name is Hussein, and that creates suspicion.

Because you know Israelis are so one dimensional/sarc, it’s not like there is anyone living in Israel with the Hussein moniker. Israel is a Democracy, and there are people of Muslim faith, and Arab descent living in Israel.

This was a tough poll because basically calling Al Qeada racist is more of the same simple superficial analysis.

The message is always it’s all about “Obama” uh no it’s not.

Al Qeada and Israel existed long before Obama ever came on the scene. This does give people a snap shot of who is advising Obama – paranoid race baiters.

Dr Evil on July 18, 2010 at 12:23 PM

And to think the whole middle East situation could have been avoided if Obama’s parents had just given him a middle name like Sam.

Gwillie on July 18, 2010 at 12:30 PM

neobadger on July 18, 2010 at 10:52 AM

This may well be the Comment of the Day.

Ed Morrissey on July 18, 2010 at 12:31 PM

Wow. How do you choose? That was a year’s worth of gaffes and mistakes all in a seven-day span!

Johnson on July 18, 2010 at 12:49 PM

“If you don’t love me , you must be a racist”.

borntoraisehogs on July 18, 2010 at 12:53 PM

I am sure many Presidents have done this before.

Electrongod on July 18, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Name names. Just kidding.

Cindy Munford on July 18, 2010 at 1:01 PM

I chose Israel…because months ago, Obama during his campaign did not like his middle name being used…for obvious reasons. Now he’s saying Israel is racist, and untrusting because of it. It’s a mantra that’s been beaten to death, and it clearly isn’t gaining steam with anyone. So why keep doing it? Stuck on stupid is my guess.

The others are nothing more, than more blatant lies from Obama. He’s comfy in the “liar n thief” office.

capejasmine on July 18, 2010 at 1:18 PM

Vacay. The Gulf businesses are being destroyed and he cannot even come down here to help let people know that all of the beaches aren’t slicked over? I guess since he took a business related jaunt down to the Gulf, he feels he has done his part. Jerk.

di butler on July 18, 2010 at 1:23 PM

jeanie on July 18, 2010 at 10:16 AM

We want her (and Susan Collins) gone. They are the RINO twins. More people all the time say they won’t be fooled again. i think I heard that Snowe will be retiring. Thank God. We need Republican, business-minded Senators and a new governor. I’m voting for Paul LePage, although he wasn’t my choice in the primary…but better than Baldacci.

MainelyRight on July 18, 2010 at 1:28 PM

petefrt on July 18, 2010 at 10:20 AM

I totally agree. They’re gone now and I hope they never come back to Maine.

MainelyRight on July 18, 2010 at 1:29 PM

capejasmine on July 18, 2010 at 1:18 PM

They are still using it because that’s his base, The Paranoid, Race Baiting, Far Left.

They believe this crap, it’s all about skin color you know, and that makes it all about them. They have the most tenuous grasp on power with the majority in this government right now, and they know they are going to loose it come November 2010…and when they do, it will be because of: Say it after me “Racist”

Dr Evil on July 18, 2010 at 1:38 PM

You’d think these polls would get easier over time, but it seems like there’s always at least two contenders every week.

Maine by a hair.

ElectricPhase on July 18, 2010 at 1:56 PM

How is it that the GOP can block legislation to extend unemployment benefits? Did they use parliamentary procedures that they could have, but refused to use, to block the passage of the health scare and financial strangulation bills? What is going on???

btw, the oil spill patterned top (printed on the front AND the back of the shirt) that was worn by michelle to the Gulf was beyond shocking. It was ignorant, stone cold, icy-raged mockery; an in-your-face rejoicing in the tragedy of people who didn’t support her psycho spouse, thereby also not supporting her as she goes along for the presidential “ride”, on us rubes.

It should have had much more coverage from the conservatives. It is just inexcusable and impossible that this was a mere “mistake”. What are the odds that one could even find such a blouse, looking EXACTLY like an OIL SPILL, let alone wear it to the biggest environmental tragedy, prolonged agonizingly by her joker husband, in the nation’s history?

This is a reflection of her and berri’s bottomless contempt for America and her people.

Should have been it’s own obamateurism.

tigerlily on July 18, 2010 at 2:41 PM

I had to go with the vacation snafu after the wife commented while walking by the monitor:

“what the h_ll, did she fall into an oil puddle before that interview”.

The subtle message was as good as here black widow dress.

He does admitably need to stop hiding behind the Bushes though…

hobbit on July 18, 2010 at 2:47 PM

WhoU4 on July 18, 2010 at 11:46 AM

I’d like to know the cost of his beyond extravagant state dinner for the Mexican pres. I’d also like a comparison to costs of state dinners in previous administrations.

tigerlily on July 18, 2010 at 2:48 PM

Goes to Maine for vacation after First Lady urges people to visit the Gulf

It wasn’t only Michelle O. who said that – Fox News Sunday showed him saying the same “go to the gulf, the beeches are clean”.

Hypocrisy is beyond indignant.

These people have no shame. Period.

Schadenfreude on July 18, 2010 at 2:53 PM

He was in the Senate when they voted down bringing in Freddie and Fannie. The Fool wants us to forget that he was ever in the Senate.

He is clinically NPD’d and the people are the fools to fall for any of his shenanigans.

Schadenfreude on July 18, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Once again, the “ALL OF THE ABOVE” choice is inexplicitly missing from the list!!

landlines on July 18, 2010 at 3:04 PM

Fine line between amateurish and narcissistic… They are always in play at the same time with Obama.

Mr_Magoo on July 18, 2010 at 3:54 PM

I went with “Israelis don’t trust me because of my middle name.” Their mistrust has nothing to do with the fact that I have said if it came down to it, I would stand with my muslim brothers.

But this is getting harder and harder each week. As is waiting for 2012.

BitterClinger on July 18, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Libtards who whined about Bush’s “vacations” say this is different because their messiah “goes out and meets the people.”

Yes, that is really how they are differentiating it.

Speedwagon82 on July 18, 2010 at 4:13 PM