Oh my: Mel Gibson tapes might have been doctored

posted at 5:28 pm on July 15, 2010 by Allahpundit

Huh. Well then, I’m eager to discover from what context “I’ll burn the goddamn house up, but blow me first” might have been unfairly ripped.

Second look at Mel Gibson’s sanity?

Forensic audio and video experts examined the recordings for HollywoodLife.com and believe someone tampered with them, editing the audio, removing parts of conversation and piecing together phrases to make the recordings sound real.

“One of the things that you have to know is that nobody at this point can authenticate it’s Mel’s voice — not 100 percent,” Bonnie Fuller, editor of HollywoodLife.com, said on “Good Morning America” today. “There are words that are edited out, there are spaces, there are gaps.”

“I believe these are professionally done. I think she had help,” said forensic audio expert Arlo West. “She clearly was speaking into what we call a large diaphragm microphone. Her voice is very well engineered. She sounds great.”

She really does. Here’s the latest tape from Radar; it occurred to me after listening to the first one a few days ago that her voice sounded unusually crisp, even with the mic being on her side of the phone, but maybe it’s a little too crisp. Two issues for the cops who are combing through the tapes in hopes of using them against him, then. First, if they’ve been edited, then they’re obviously not true and correct copies and can’t be admitted. Second and more problematically, California law requires both parties’ consent before a conversation can be recorded. Is Mad Max so mad that he actually agreed to let Grigorieva tape him?

If you missed it in Headlines, this Time mag piece on therapists’ reaction to audio of the calls is grimly fascinating. Most of them aren’t surprised, but one worries that this degree of rage is “dangerous” and “not typical” and another says, “I’ll bet every penny I’ve ever made that he was abusive in all his previous relationships.” For what it’s worth, according to Mel’s ex, she’d lose that bet. Exit question: Is this pushback about the tapes being doctored really just Mel’s way of planting a tiny enough seed of doubt in the public’s mind to save his career? E.g., “Honey, I don’t want to see the new Mel Gibson movie. Didn’t you hear those tapes?” “But baby — he says the tapes were doctored.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Their target has a lot of money. And certain associated websites are making a lot of money out of their ~inexhaustive ability to *suddenly* have *more tapes*~.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Seems like over kill to me. Like beating a dead horse.

Tav on July 15, 2010 at 6:18 PM

LOL
Now that’s why I come to Hot Air.

inviolet on July 15, 2010 at 6:21 PM

I have never heard of Mel Gibson being an abusive father so all of sudden without a history everyone is supposed to believe he is now?

Dr Evil on July 15, 2010 at 6:16 PM

A lot of the Hollywood Left who wanted him out of Melibu, whatever, tried nasty gossip about his family but the family has consistently remained true to Mel Gibson in consistently stating he’s been a faithful, attentive parent and the ex-wife said similar consistent things including that he was never violent with her (or the children).

So I think he had a horrible meltdown over a drawn out period and whatever’s been cut-n-pasted together as “tapes” as to his fallout with Oksana is now being pumped up terribly to represent some “bigger/badder than ever” character that he isn’t.

Not to say what was said, in any order, on the tapes, would be acceptable in a relationship but, I doubt any of us knows the real or full story here.

Just saying, he has no history of abusing his former wife and children.

AND he says that Oksana was the person who grabbed their daughter/child and started shaking it. Now the lady (?) is claiming Mel “hurt” the child.

I bet he tried to make her stop shaking the child and she claims he “struck” her or something instead.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 6:21 PM

It’d be real ironic if Mel Gibson sued RADAR online out of existence…..

Dr Evil on July 15, 2010 at 6:23 PM

[oddjob1138 on July 15, 2010 at 6:18 PM]

Thanks for that.

Dusty on July 15, 2010 at 6:23 PM

HMMMMMM…now how can we tie this in with Ricky Hollywood ???

birdhurd on July 15, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Seems like over kill to me. Like beating a dead horse.

Tav on July 15, 2010 at 6:18 PM

Yes, it’s overkill but never underestimate the length that some will go to get a lot of money from someone else who has a lot of money.

I’m sure Oksana isn’t paying her “attorneys” anything but that they’ve been eager to pile-on for purposes of suing a mega-millionaire.

I thought it was interesting on the “tapes” that Oksana started complaining about how it was she (claims) to have “had thousands before I met you” and then goes on how she is today “penniless” or something like that.

He’s yelling (supposedly) crass insults and she starts tittering about money…counting the “thousands”…

And never underestimate the lengths that certain websites will go and do to get site visitors so they get more ad. revenue. Radar and TMZ are typhoid sites that live by sucking off gossip about others.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Grigorieva, who has a restraining order against Gibson, has reportedly received threatening phone calls in the last 48 hours and fears for the safety of her child.

I suppose changing the phone number never occurred to her?

Cindy Munford on July 15, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Oy vey es mere. It is getting tabloidy here. Just sayin. I find them interesting too, but Cain’s post made me think about what he said yesterday.

Gob on July 15, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 6:21 PM

If she thought she was going to generate sympathy for herself and no one would question what she is claiming – I think she misjudged. Americans are pretty savy about Gold Diggers we’ve seen that movie too.

It seems like she couldn’t do it all by herself though so I wonder who is “Mother’s Little Helper”

Dr Evil on July 15, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Seems like over kill to me. Like beating a dead horse.

Tav on July 15, 2010 at 6:18 PM

Think of this in practical terms.

IF you’re going to run a number on ANYone, who would you target?

You WOULDn’t target a guy with a stable life and relationship with sound credibility and stable temperament and relationships, nor one who had moderate wealth but not great wealth.

No, you’d find the man who was needy, divorcing, having visible problems with family and relationships with or even due to substance abuse who had great wealth, who was more easily *upset* and *pushed over the edge* who could be easily captured behaving outrageously.

Note the “great wealth” part.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Dr Evil on July 15, 2010 at 6:26 PM

I’m wondering that myself, especially after seeing how ga-ga so many men went over the redheaded spy of recent news.

There’s a media blackout as to Oksana’s relationships outside of Gibson. I, like you, wonder what they are.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Hmmm. I read your Ari Emanuel theory…also on another thread (perhaps it was not you who posted it). I find that interesting. Could you give me the Cliffs Notes version?

Gob on July 15, 2010 at 6:31 PM

It looks like the tables might turn ………… stay tuned.

SC.Charlie on July 15, 2010 at 6:32 PM

AP, she said she had her teeth knocked out… Well if she did then she wins. If there is no dental records or Dentists to prove that, then all of it is bunk to me.

This should be really easy for her to prove, period!

Amadeus on July 15, 2010 at 5:37 PM

Gibson said she went out in the yard at the house (his) that he’s letting her live in (alone with her children, he doesn’t live there though he owns the house) and threw herself down on the ground yelling.

Then she came back inside, grabbed Gibson’s daughter (one of her two children) and started shaking the child.

So maybe she broke a tooth when she threw herself down in the yard yelling.

Maybe her tooth was broken by accident when he tried to keep her from shaking the child. A number of things could’ve happened to cause her to break a tooth or two.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 6:32 PM

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Mel Gibson has been around Hollywood for a long long time he has been in Show biz a long long time. (Not that I don’t doubt that she has been a gold digger for a long time too :) I bet stuff about her starts leaking out. Probably to more reputable media outlets. I have no doubt he has had her checked out by private detectives, and knows just who she is keeping company with. I bet he has even warned them what will happen if his child is mistreated.

Dr Evil on July 15, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Mel made a movie about which certain people who don’t understand it continue to hate him.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Just because he was in “What Women Want” is no reason to treat him like this…

malclave on July 15, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 6:29 PM

They say she had a child with Timothy Dalton (actor) he has been part of the James Bond franchise. Has anyone heard of him giving a statement a press release concerning his son’s mama? I haven’t heard him come out in her defense – did I miss it?

Dr Evil on July 15, 2010 at 6:38 PM

[Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 6:25 PM]

Don’t you start out with the suit first though, keeping the tapes in reserve (if they are real tapes)? I always had the impression negotiations usually work better when the consequences remain a potential, not a historical fact.

Was there a suit already in progress?

Dusty on July 15, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Gob on July 15, 2010 at 6:31 PM

About what? Theory about what? Ari Emanuel has been waging a despicable gossip train for years now against Gibson, going so far as to “suggest” to clients (ahem, “clients” being people whose careers he steers and controls, so I’d call a “suggestion” from Ari Emanuel to clients and others in Hollywood to be a directive more than anything)…anyway, he’s been asking people to “boycott” and “shun” Gibson for years now, going so far as to issue statements that DID and still do represent credible security threats.

A modus operandi of organized crime is to ruin a person’s ability to support themselves, to ruin them professionally. That’s what Ari Emanuel has been attempting to — and asking others to do — as to Mel Gibson for years now.

Even one of Hollywood’s most well respected security professionals eventually confronted Ari Emanuel publicly in a written statement, identifying Emanuel’s activities as credible security threats, and reprimanding Emanuel for his behavior.

About the Roman Polanksi thing, Polanski is represented by Emanuel/William Morris despite his child rapist behavior/s. But Emanuel was, like, seconds after the “first tape” was on Radar Online, proclaiming that William Morris was dropping representing Gibson.

Gibson’s agent, Ed Limato, just passed away (not so long ago). So Emanuel stepped in and dropped Gibson and made another big-public-do about it, just *conveniently* after “the tapes” were released to Radar Online and TMZ. I doubt that’s coincidental.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 6:39 PM

I wish the Missus would just sit there, smile, and blow me.

abobo on July 15, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Thank you Lourdes! I never heard any of this stuff and find it fascinating!

Gob on July 15, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Gob on July 15, 2010 at 6:31 PM

Even Jackie Mason stepped up years ago and said people were being irregular in not accepting Gibson’s drunken slur from the Malibu roadside. By the way, Jackie Mason is a Rabbi.

Yet Ari Emanuel who I would never associate with anything Orthodox, has long held a hate-campaign against Gibson. Stared before the Malibu drunken roadside slur, too.

It all stems from THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST and Ari Emanuel’s Leftwing socio-political slurs about Gibson for his (barely) Catholic views. It’s clear that Ari Emanuel just has some sort of blood-lust hatred for Gibson that goes far, far beyond reality and I would not put it past him and/or players to have been instrumental in aiding and assisting these tapes as also earlier the arrest record for Gibson from his drunken roadside night. TMZ and Radar Online are hardly objective, independent sources.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 6:42 PM

She looks kind of like Octomom. If the tapes have been manipulated that puts a whole different light on her. Still, we’ll never really know the truth.

scalleywag on July 15, 2010 at 6:42 PM

Gob on July 15, 2010 at 6:31 PM

CORRECTION:

Even Jackie Mason stepped up years ago and said people were being irregular in not accepting Gibson’s APOLOGY FOR HIS drunken roadside slur

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 6:39 PM

I doubt it too! What else do you know? (Thanks for sharing!)

Gob on July 15, 2010 at 6:44 PM

All or Nothing….

Oksana “gave Mel a kick in the head when she flat-out refused to sign” the prenup agreement, a longtime family friend told The Enquirer. Mel’s offer was generous – $5 million a year for up to 10 years, the friend confided.

“But Oksana wants all or nothing. The same thing happened when she was engaged to Timothy Dalton – and she walked away.”

“She had Timothy’s baby, but refused to marry him because he insisted on a prenup to protect his fortune,” said the friend. “Oksana was offended by it – and now she’s telling Mel the same thing.”

Mel is “seriously conflicted by Oksana’s reaction,” revealed the friend. “He’s such a God-fearing Catholic, he’s adamant that getting married to her is the right thing to do.”

“But she’s stubborn. She’ll give him up before she’ll sign. She’s done it before.”

She tries to get her hooks in deep but it seems like her “prey” are too savy.

Dr Evil on July 15, 2010 at 6:44 PM

Wow. Are you guys good! Ask any (and I mean any) divorce lawyer about the tricks and hijinx attendant to a big money divorce. And when there is a prenup..it really gets ugly.

IlikedAUH2O on July 15, 2010 at 6:46 PM

She wouldn’t marry Timothy Dalton when he insisted on a pre nup and she did the same thing to Gibson when he insisted on a pre nup to protect his fortune. The pre nup was reported to be 5 Million a year for 10 years.

Dr Evil on July 15, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 6:43 PM

You know, I do remember Jackie Mason coming on some conservative talk shows and saying so. I figured, as a Jew, it was quite magnanimous of him to accept the apology. I just never heard that Ari Emanuel angle, and think it’s important because of his brothers Zeke and Rahm (they are all a despicable lot).

Gob on July 15, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Was there a suit already in progress?

Dusty on July 15, 2010 at 6:38 PM

For shared custody of their daughter a judge decided how much child support she was going to get, and she didn’t like it – it wasn’t enough…also Mel Gibson has been going back to court to get his custody increased. So that in the end they have joint custody. I am not sure she wouldn’t still have custodial custody?

Dr Evil on July 15, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 6:25 PM

I’m sure glad we don’t do that on this website.

Tav on July 15, 2010 at 6:51 PM

Thank you Lourdes! I never heard any of this stuff and find it fascinating!

Gob on July 15, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Gavin de Becker letter to Ari Emanuel, 2006, in which he identifies and confronts Emanuel’s campaign to ruin Gibson as representing credible, serious security threat.

de Becker is likely the entertainment industry’s leading security professional.
Page One

Page Two

It’s worth the while to try to read these two files — enlarge them to do so easily or save copies and then enlarge them — because de Becker’s letter is remarkable.

As anyone can see, Ari Emanuel has been chewing away at Gibson for years now, and all over “town” — this doesn’t leave no marks.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 6:54 PM

I’m sure glad we don’t do that on this website.

Tav on July 15, 2010 at 6:51 PM

I missed that, where this site released “the tapes” (was responsible for)…

/sarc.

But I understand your point, gossip is a terrible thing.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Thanks very much! Will do now. Gavin de Becker wrote an EXCELLENT book years back on how to keep one safe. One of my favourites. He has credibility.

Gob on July 15, 2010 at 6:58 PM

I blame Ari Emmanuel (and by extension, Rahm Emmanuel and Barack Obama) for Mel Gibson’s alleged rant. Also, Kirsten Powers.

YYZ on July 15, 2010 at 6:59 PM

I doubt it too! What else do you know? (Thanks for sharing!)

Gob on July 15, 2010 at 6:44 PM

Just that Ed Limato, Gibson’s long-time agent at William Morris, just passed away, like, a week ago, perhaps a day before “the tapes” and Ari Emanuel elbowing in to “dump” Gibson, which would never have happened had Limato been alive.

Ed Limato, “an openly gay man,” remained a close and loyal agent to Gibson, among many others…

After moving to Hollywood, Limato joined the William Morris Agency. His client list since 1970 reads like a virtual who’s who of American cinema, including Ava Gardner, Marlon Brando, Michelle Pfeiffer, Meryl Streep, Wynona Ryder, Sir Anthony Hopkins, Kevin Costner, Goldie Hawn, Dennis Quaid, Madonna, Kevin Costner, Steve Martin, Nicholas Cage, Robert Downey, Jr., Liam Neeson, Mel Gibson, Richard Gere and Denzel Washington.

An openly gay man, Limato never had children and saw his clients as his family, even keeping framed photographs of them in his home. “Ed was more than an agent,” Denzel Washington told deadlinehollywood.com. “He was like a father to me and a dear friend to me and my entire family.”

…which should’ve shot down all that nasty gossip about Gibson being “homophobic” but it never did, with Ari Emanuel’s help.

I guess that means Denzel is “homophobic” too… /sarc.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 7:01 PM

[Dr Evil on July 15, 2010 at 6:49 PM]

Okay. So it’s possible the “We have tapes” gambit, or whatever, has been tired and failed, which is why these things are coming out now. It a little clearer, thanks.

Dusty on July 15, 2010 at 7:02 PM

YYZ on July 15, 2010 at 6:59 PM

Nah, just Ari Emanuel and leave it at that.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 7:03 PM

YYZ on July 15, 2010 at 6:59 PM

Nah, just Ari Emanuel and leave it at that.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 7:03 PM

I’m sure I can now expect a hoarde of ruinous nasties from the likes of HuffPo and other Leftwing gossip fests…

They do tend to attack the sources if and when it doesn’t fit into their “it’s Bush’s fault” and “the Catholic Church’s fault” lines of ridicule.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 7:04 PM

Gob on July 15, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Interesting and I agree with you on that last sentence.

Yes, Jackie Mason is a really great guy. I love his work and his reasoning.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Gob on July 15, 2010 at 6:48 PM

About the Malibu drunken slur incident:

Saturday, Aug. 5, 2006 4:03 p.m. EDT

Jackie Mason: Mel No Anti-Semite

Mason appeared on Cavuto’s show on FOX and made these statements and also published them on his own website years ago.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 7:08 PM

And here’s how the insipid HuffPo ripped Jackie Mason apart for that…

“Jackie Mason, Humorless Obama-Hater”

No link from me, but it’s findable on a simple search.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 7:09 PM

And here’s how the insipid HuffPo ripped Jackie Mason apart for that…

“Jackie Mason, Humorless Obama-Hater”

No link from me, but it’s findable on a simple search.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 7:09 PM

I guess that means HuffPo is anti-semetic.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 7:10 PM

And here’s how the insipid HuffPo ripped Jackie Mason apart for that…

“Jackie Mason, Humorless Obama-Hater”

No link from me, but it’s findable on a simple search.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 7:09 PM

I guess that means HuffPo is anti-semetic.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 7:10 PM

/sarc.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 7:11 PM

scalleywag, yes!! She does look like Octomom.

alice on July 15, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Dr Evil on July 15, 2010 at 6:38 PM

The only statement I ever read (on the internet only) from Dalton was back when Gibson and Oksana’s “beach embrace in Costa Rica” photo came out and that made their relationship public whether agreeable or not.

Dalton said that he wasn’t surprised to see that she “still likes older men.”

Haven’t read anything since then. The only other thing I ever read (can’t speak for it’s credibility, however) was that Dalton told Oksana to move out of his house when he discovered she was “sleeping with someone else” or “others”…can’t say it’s credible or not, now I feel guilty for adding to the gossip pile…

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 7:15 PM

[Dr Evil on July 15, 2010 at 6:49 PM]

Dusty on July 15, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Yes, she — errr, her “attorneys” — demanded a lot of money “or else” they’d “release the tapes” they claimed they had.

Gibson likely as not blew-up right about then…

…and tapes began being trotted out, drip, drab, drip, drab, drip…

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Wow. Michael Savage agrees with the set-up angle and said Gibson sounds like a wounded animal on the tapes.

Gob on July 15, 2010 at 7:23 PM

The only thing the recordings need are old time radio sound effects, like the zinger and whatnot.

Vincenzo on July 15, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Throw in the Wilhelm Scream repeated at intervals, the tried and overused horse-winnie right afterward and…

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 7:25 PM

I haven’t heard him come out in her defense – did I miss it?

Dr Evil on July 15, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Has she even made a single public statement? Other than Lourdes’ pro-Mel spin, what do we actually know of this woman? Having 2 Hollywood relationships in a 10-year span hardly sounds like bed-hopping to me. Perhaps we could slow down the rush to judgment that she’s virtually a prostitute. After all, Mel has a history of ridiculously-inappropriate public drunken rants.

alwaysfiredup on July 15, 2010 at 7:34 PM

If this is fraudulant, it should be mandatory that those who are attempting to defraud with the use of “doctored” tapes not be able to set a precedent that only could expand into every part of civil litigation. This is very much more than a single person being destroyed personally and financially with manufatured evidence. They must pay criminally up to the magnitude they would gain by this criminal activity. Manipulating reality is for the screen and not for the courts. This can be proven and if they did commit fraud,severe sentences should be dealt to inhibit from happening in the future.

volsense on July 15, 2010 at 7:35 PM

alwaysfiredup on July 15, 2010 at 7:34 PM

I don’t have a horse in any race. I’m just following the statements and asking the questions that arise along the track.

If it starts to form a “pro-Mel spin” direction, then, that’s where it’s headed but only by events and statements that are identified along the way.

Should we call your comments a “pro-Ari Emanuel and HuffPo spin”? If not, why not?

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 7:38 PM

alwaysfiredup on July 15, 2010 at 7:34 PM

One keen aspect about the Left is they always, ALWAYS, apply negative stereotypical and exaggerated terms to and about anyone and any statement that doesn’t submit to the Leftwing media spin.

I can see that real people asking real questions and posing real information really upsets your pony cart.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 7:40 PM

Her dentist Dr. Ross Shelden allegedly provided a written declaration with information on Grigorieva’s allegations that Gibson hit her and knocked out her teeth, TMZ reports.

The declaration allegedly states that Shelden saw evidence of ‘blunt force trauma’ as well as physical damage. However, he added that her teeth were not damaged, just her veneers, with one knocked out completely and the other broken in half.

He also allegedly took photos of the damage but promised to not turn them over to the authorities, because Grigorieva allegedly said she wanted to protect Gibson.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1294957/Oksana-Grigorieva-claims-Mel-Gibson-bruised-baby.html#ixzz0tnUi5EHV

But if the Dentist wasn’t there how does he know how her VENEERS were damaged? He only knows what she told him…..that’s not the same thing as having your teeth knocked out, and being someones Dentist is not the same thing as being an eye witness to the event.

In fact there is a lot of third party hear say.

Dr Evil on July 15, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 7:38 PM

No, dumba$$, I have no idea why you’re so worked up about those people. I am talking about Oksana and the common rush to judge that she’s a golddigging bimbo. If you are focused on some Jewish people then I imagine you like Mel because of The Passion. Well, hon, great art doesn’t always equal great people, Roman Polanski just being the latest obvious example.

alwaysfiredup on July 15, 2010 at 7:42 PM

negative stereotypical and exaggerated terms

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 7:40 PM

Pot, meet kettle.

alwaysfiredup on July 15, 2010 at 7:43 PM

It’s still none of my business, and I still don’t care.

Daggett on July 15, 2010 at 7:45 PM

In fact there is a lot of third party hear say.

Dr Evil on July 15, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Exactly. No witness to anything except what he viewed on examination in his office. Not a witness to any act that may have caused whatever he later viewed on exam.

Like I wrote earlier, since Gibson says she ran outside the house into the yard and threw herself down on the ground yelling, she could very easily have “disrupted her veneers” in that series of irregular acts.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 7:48 PM

I have not followed this case that closely; smells like rotten fish and it’s from her. He’s no saint, but chick knows what she’s doing.

ProudPalinFan on July 15, 2010 at 7:49 PM

alwaysfiredup on July 15, 2010 at 7:34 PM

The last link above, had a segment about Mel Gibson’s wife Robyn of some 30 years. She gave a written statement on Mel Gibson’s behalf, never, ever in all there years of marriage was he anything but a loving father….and this woman is divorcing him. So if he was what baby mama claims is ture, his soon to be ex could pile on too but she doesn’t.

Mel Gibson has been in the public eye for a long long time and I have never heard of him being abusive toward his family.

Dr Evil on July 15, 2010 at 7:50 PM

negative stereotypical and exaggerated terms

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 7:40 PM

Pot, meet kettle.

alwaysfiredup on July 15, 2010 at 7:43 PM

You missed your early morning HuffPo or Ari Emanuel hug, didn’t you?

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 7:52 PM

alwaysfiredup on July 15, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Ooooh, very HuffPo-esque, profanity. Also, dig that snarky sarcasm (“hon”).

You defending a child molestor does not equal you recognizing or being able to recognize ‘great art’.

Please go get a hug at HuffPo, you need one.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 7:53 PM

This is a VERY complicated story. I view both parties extremely tainted.

But I do appreciate all the back-story Lourdes has provided. Michael Savage also just mentioned the Ari Emanuel angle. Fascinating stuff.

Gob on July 15, 2010 at 7:54 PM

smells like rotten fish and it’s from her. He’s no saint, but chicks know what she’s doing.

ProudPalinFan on July 15, 2010 at 7:49 PM

Yep, if it walks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck….

What was keeping either one of them from just not contacting each other, unless to see the baby? That can be accomplished with a third person a go between a nanny.

In fact it still can if a Judge orders custody in this fashion. No contact with the Baby Mama but he gets to see his child which is probably all he wants.

I have this image of her with one of those change making coin devices on her waist, you know like a cab driver has in their cabs…Mel didn’t know he was on the clock :)

Dr Evil on July 15, 2010 at 7:57 PM

alwaysfiredup on July 15, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Oh, puhleeeaaase. Ari Emanuel is defenseless in his hatred of Mel Gibson. That he may be ETHNICALLY Jewish is hardly recognizable what with his rotten character.

I guess your profanity aimed at me irrationally as it is is you being the antichrist, then?

Give the old efforts a rest and go get some hugs somewhere. Trying to use a child abuser to define your ability to “recognize great art” is pretty low down, by the way.

Get over yourself. Not everyone who is “jewish” ethnically is a good person, and that’s reality. And it was not ME who introduced the “Jewish” aspect, either, but a person here in comments who is Jewish and asked me some questions, which I responded to with some information. Among which was a link and mention of a Rabbi (Jackie Mason, who I spoke well of) in a very complimentary fashion.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 7:57 PM

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 7:53 PM

Half the posts on this thread are from you. You just don’t know how to shut up, do you?

alwaysfiredup on July 15, 2010 at 7:57 PM

You can knock out your veneers eating a stinking apple. Mel is innocent, I tell you, innocent!*

*although the dog did leave his beautiful wife for the Octomom, 2nd edition.

bloggless on July 15, 2010 at 7:58 PM

@ Gob on July 15, 2010 at 7:54 PM

Please deal with this dumbnut…__>> alwaysfiredup on July 15, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 7:59 PM

alwaysfiredup on July 15, 2010 at 7:57 PM

Why are you being so nasty AFU? The posts have added substance.

Gob on July 15, 2010 at 8:00 PM

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 7:53 PM

alwaysfiredup on July 15, 2010 at 7:57 PM

I guess you missed Page One of comments, then.

People asked me questions, I answered them.

So you’re struggling with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, then, and not Ari Emanuel? I think HuffPo can likely help you out with keeping you busy in a OCD aspect, too.

Let me know if you actually COUNT the comments here. Then again, forget it.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 8:00 PM

Gibson today received support from his soon-to-be ex-wife, who filed for divorce in April 2009 after almost 30 years of marriage.

Robyn Gibson has written a sworn declaration on behalf of the Mad Max actor in which she insists he never harmed her or any of the couple’s seven children during their 28-year marriage.

She writes: ‘Mel never engaged in any physical abuse of any kind toward me before, during or after our marriage.’

‘Mel was a wonderful and loving father.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1294957/Oksana-Grigorieva-claims-Mel-Gibson-bruised-baby.html#ixzz0tnaN8o5D

Dr Evil on July 15, 2010 at 8:00 PM

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Just ignore this person. I have appreciated the back story (and I reckon some lurkers who can’t post have as well).

Gob on July 15, 2010 at 8:01 PM

*although the dog did leave his beautiful wife for the Octomom, 2nd edition.

bloggless on July 15, 2010 at 7:58 PM

I’d comment on that but it would set “alwaysfiredup” off into an OCD twirling bop.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 8:01 PM

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Gob on July 15, 2010 at 8:01 PM

Thanks, best wishes to you.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 8:02 PM

IMO Octomom is a more sympathetic person, and that’s saying something right there.

Dr Evil on July 15, 2010 at 8:04 PM

I’d stake my reputation on it if I weren’t in the closet as a conservative working in entertainment…

oddjob1138 on July 15, 2010 at 6:18 PM

You are not the only conservative “mouse”…I have a good friend that is in the same boat.

right2bright on July 15, 2010 at 8:04 PM

I can’t help but note a few things:
- Gibson is coming out soon with a movie about a deranged man who talks to a puppet of a beaver attached to his arm.

- He is well known in hollywood as being an ace practical joker.

- his rants are almost cartoonish

I think we’ve been pwned.

kurtzz3 on July 15, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Why are you being so nasty AFU? The posts have added substance.

Gob on July 15, 2010 at 8:00 PM

I think she’s a raving lunatic conspiracist. Particularly loopy if she thinks I spend any time at all on huffpo or caring what ari emanuel may or may not have said.

alwaysfiredup on July 15, 2010 at 8:14 PM

I haven’t followed this that closely. From the excerpts of the tapes I have heard, he sounds like some raging alcoholics I have encountered in the pass.

I heard that he knocked her two front teeth out. If true, why wasn’t this reported to the police? If she was holding the baby at the time, if she was treated by a doctor or dentist, they should have been obligated to report it, even if they didn’t know that the baby was injured, too.

And if he did cause the baby to sustain injuries, why didn’t she report it to the police?

I don’t think she is lying but she’s not exactly mother of the year.

Blake on July 15, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Why are you being so nasty AFU? The posts have added substance.

Gob on July 15, 2010 at 8:00 PM

alwaysfiredup on July 15, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Wow, all that from comments about information about a public person’s public issues. If you have not yet discovered HuffPo, I assure you, HuffPo is waiting for you.

By the way, AFU, this isn’t a thread about me or about you. I guess you missed that.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 8:16 PM

kurtzz3 on July 15, 2010 at 8:11 PM

his rants are almost cartoonish….that’s what makes the doctored recordings plausible…I think his baby mama and whoever assisted her, jumped the shark and went too far producing a product that’s just a little too outrageous.

Dr Evil on July 15, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 8:16 PM

As have you, my dear. Cheers to both of us.

alwaysfiredup on July 15, 2010 at 8:19 PM

lourdes, I am liking your insights. Mel is a fine man who made some dumb decisions. I think this whole thing stinks. Have from the beginning.

bloggless on July 15, 2010 at 8:20 PM

Maybe she wears a dental bridge and those teeth sleep in a glass by her jacuzzi at night.

bloggless on July 15, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Blake on July 15, 2010 at 8:16 PM

If that happened to me, I wouldn’t stick around with him until April….That alleged abuse happened in January.

So he offers her a pre nup she won’t sign it, and it is very generous 5 million a year for 10 years.

I wonder what she got for child support for the baby? I bet it wasn’t even close to 5 million a year.

Dr Evil on July 15, 2010 at 8:23 PM

@ Dr Evil and Gob and anyone else interested…

Earlier article that addresses some of the as-yet unanswered questions a few people raised here earlier:

Oksana’s road to Mel: From Russian poverty to Hollywood royalty via an embittered British husband and a Bond actor

Oksana’s history…

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 8:32 PM

Again, Lourdes has brought interesting perspective that I have not heard anywhere else. Also, I do believe the Ari Emanuel angle would be interesting to any Conservative who knows the power of Rahm and what Zeke has written for the Lancet. It’s all very pertinent to politics. I appreciated her helping me out.

Gob on July 15, 2010 at 8:40 PM

LOL
Now that’s why I come to Hot Air.

inviolet on July 15, 2010 at 6:21 PM

Glad to see I’m not the only sick puppy around here. I thought it was funny too. In fact, it’s definitely a keeper.

petefrt on July 15, 2010 at 8:41 PM

Isn’t Radar Online (or one or more of their employees/management/ownership) subject to criminal prosecution under California law for disseminating the tapes if both parties didn’t consent to being recorded?

631. (a) Any person who, by means of any machine, instrument, or
contrivance, or in any other manner, intentionally taps, or makes any
unauthorized connection, whether physically, electrically,
acoustically, inductively, or otherwise, with any telegraph or
telephone wire, line, cable, or instrument, including the wire, line,
cable, or instrument of any internal telephonic communication
system, or who willfully and without the consent of all parties to
the communication, or in any unauthorized manner, reads, or attempts
to read, or to learn the contents or meaning of any message, report,
or communication while the same is in transit or passing over any
wire, line, or cable, or is being sent from, or received at any place
within this state; or who uses, or attempts to use, in any manner,
or for any purpose, or to communicate in any way, any information so
obtained
, or who aids, agrees with, employs, or conspires with any
person or persons to unlawfully do, or permit, or cause to be done
any of the acts or things mentioned above in this section, is
punishable by a fine not exceeding two thousand five hundred dollars
($2,500), or by imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding one
year, or by imprisonment in the state prison, or by both a fine and
imprisonment in the county jail or in the state prison.

hillbillyjim on July 15, 2010 at 8:42 PM

And the Oksana girl as well?

hillbillyjim on July 15, 2010 at 8:44 PM

What is this taped thing everyone speaks of? Scotch tape? Measuring tape? Dressmaker’s tape? Surely it cannot be some form of recording media could it? If so, would anyone have any Twisted Sister to go with my Hurst Olds?

roy_batty on July 15, 2010 at 8:45 PM

Forgot the link.

hillbillyjim on July 15, 2010 at 8:45 PM

roy_batty on July 15, 2010 at 8:45 PM

Really? I might have an 8-track but you might have to shove it in really hard.

hillbillyjim on July 15, 2010 at 8:49 PM

As have you, my dear.

alwaysfiredup on July 15, 2010 at 8:19 PM

You called me a pejorative, then you called me “hon” and now you refer to me as “dear.” Your sarcasm…let me guess…you’re gay. Then there was the rest of your resentment here about a total stranger (in this case, that’s me) and your various denigrations (my comments in number, alleging my comments are “pro-mel” whatevers, then something about “jewish people”…please, do you ever read books, improve your mind, seek some sort of counseling?).

I can’t prevent a website from allowing bad persons such as yourself from attacking anyone but I don’t have to allow it to stand.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 9:34 PM

bloggless on July 15, 2010 at 8:20 PM

Gob on July 15, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Thanks, you all.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Blake on July 15, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Dr Evil on July 15, 2010 at 8:23 PM

I THINK (piecing things together here, meaning, supposition follows) that she alleges “abuse” then made some financial demands, threatened with tapes if demands not met, then demands not met, Mel exploded, tapes “released” or whatever (previewed, dramatically premiered?) and now come her threats and accusations.

So that’d explain the delay — she sure does sound like she’s making an effort to extort. I can’t imagine the process she’s engaged in explained by any other means.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Dr Evil on July 15, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Story I initially read when this whole thing emerged last week was that Gibson was paying her “$10,000. a month in child support” along with providing her the house she’s living in (he owns it, she lives in it with her two children with his permission, so he’s providing housing costs to her and his child, along with her other child) (and apparently also “child care” personnel, he pays for that, female he referred to with slur later when angry about it)…

SINCE they are not nor were married, he owes her nothing for her support. He does morally owe for and seems to have agreed to pay child support and pays it ($10,000. a month).

But he doesn’t owe HER support for HER life, living, anything, yet he’s providing it (house, no rent charged to her, caretaker).

She seems to have complained about “not getting any money” from Gibson yet what I believe she referred to there was for HER, that he wasn’t supporting HER (which he isn’t obligated to do). But he does say he’s been paying her the $10,000. a month for child support — so he’s paying her money, just not “enough” for HER expenses per what she claims.

I can’t imagine needing more than $10,000. a month (while not having to pay any housing costs) for to live a decent if not well provided for life. But that’s her beef, she wants money for herself above and beyond the child-support.

With a caretaker and $10,000. a month in child support and no housing costs to pay, any single female of working age (Oksana is middle aged) should VERY EASILY be able to go out and work eight/ten hours daily, at least a few days a week if not far more. So there’s no excuse for her not supporting herself, to state the obvious.

Oksana seems to assume that her “work” is being supported by Mel Gibson.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 9:46 PM

And no (healthy, small, infant) child requires $2,500. a week (=$10,000. a month) for decent care all-inclusive, but it’s very generous if offered. There should be plenty available from $10,000. a month to well care for any one healthy, young child.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 9:51 PM

According to Fox News Analyst and Attorney Megyn Kelly familiar with California law, that is not accurate. If a crime is being comitted, then only one part needs to consent. And in the case of these tapes where allegedly Gibson is threathening her physically, there is the commission of a crime, making the tapes admissable.

paulsur on July 15, 2010 at 10:02 PM