Oh my: Mel Gibson tapes might have been doctored

posted at 5:28 pm on July 15, 2010 by Allahpundit

Huh. Well then, I’m eager to discover from what context “I’ll burn the goddamn house up, but blow me first” might have been unfairly ripped.

Second look at Mel Gibson’s sanity?

Forensic audio and video experts examined the recordings for HollywoodLife.com and believe someone tampered with them, editing the audio, removing parts of conversation and piecing together phrases to make the recordings sound real.

“One of the things that you have to know is that nobody at this point can authenticate it’s Mel’s voice — not 100 percent,” Bonnie Fuller, editor of HollywoodLife.com, said on “Good Morning America” today. “There are words that are edited out, there are spaces, there are gaps.”

“I believe these are professionally done. I think she had help,” said forensic audio expert Arlo West. “She clearly was speaking into what we call a large diaphragm microphone. Her voice is very well engineered. She sounds great.”

She really does. Here’s the latest tape from Radar; it occurred to me after listening to the first one a few days ago that her voice sounded unusually crisp, even with the mic being on her side of the phone, but maybe it’s a little too crisp. Two issues for the cops who are combing through the tapes in hopes of using them against him, then. First, if they’ve been edited, then they’re obviously not true and correct copies and can’t be admitted. Second and more problematically, California law requires both parties’ consent before a conversation can be recorded. Is Mad Max so mad that he actually agreed to let Grigorieva tape him?

If you missed it in Headlines, this Time mag piece on therapists’ reaction to audio of the calls is grimly fascinating. Most of them aren’t surprised, but one worries that this degree of rage is “dangerous” and “not typical” and another says, “I’ll bet every penny I’ve ever made that he was abusive in all his previous relationships.” For what it’s worth, according to Mel’s ex, she’d lose that bet. Exit question: Is this pushback about the tapes being doctored really just Mel’s way of planting a tiny enough seed of doubt in the public’s mind to save his career? E.g., “Honey, I don’t want to see the new Mel Gibson movie. Didn’t you hear those tapes?” “But baby — he says the tapes were doctored.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Arlo West has been paid off by Big Road Warrior.

MadisonConservative on July 15, 2010 at 5:31 PM

The tapes should be checked for evidence that they have been doctored, but first you will blow me.

Realist on July 15, 2010 at 5:32 PM

WHY were they doctored? It goes to motive…

txhsdad on July 15, 2010 at 5:33 PM

I always thought a sugartits like Oksana sounded way too clear over the phone.

Apologetic California on July 15, 2010 at 5:33 PM

If experts get the original tapes, they’ll be able to tell if they’re doctored or not. Everything leaves a trace. Even the trace-hiding methods leave a trace.

RBMN on July 15, 2010 at 5:34 PM

I thought his horse already had it’s funeral.

fogw on July 15, 2010 at 5:34 PM

this horse ……. arrgh.

fogw on July 15, 2010 at 5:35 PM

Arlo West makes me want to smoke.

phelps on July 15, 2010 at 5:35 PM

HollywoodLife has been bankrolled by Bird on a Wire, Inc.

MadisonConservative on July 15, 2010 at 5:35 PM

Again, I wonder how much of the Russian chick’s provocation of Gibson was edited out?

Now, mind you, I don’t get racial with my rants. I peel wallpaper with cusswords. But geez, someone’s really gotta crap in my Cheerios right in my face to provoke that.

Sekhmet on July 15, 2010 at 5:35 PM

Oksana’s credibility going in 3…. 2…

Vincenzo on July 15, 2010 at 5:36 PM

almost sound like hes preparing for a movie role with some of what is said on these tapes. Some great one liners, they sound more like a movie than real life.

jp on July 15, 2010 at 5:36 PM

Listen to the tapes again. She also sounds as though she’s reading a script.

ROCnPhilly on July 15, 2010 at 5:36 PM

I always thought a sugartits like Oksana sounded way too clear over the phone.

Apologetic California on July 15, 2010 at 5:33 PM

1. The taping was from her end and thus clearer.
2. I think she stayed so calm as to make her look good and it served to annoy Mel even more.
3. I suspect Mel is only saying this to create doubt.

Even if it turned out that these tapes were completely fake the guy is a turd. He ran out on his wife and 7 kids. That is enough proof of turdness for me.

CWforFreedom on July 15, 2010 at 5:37 PM

..he was method acting – a role of an insane misogynist and drunkard in yet unnamed masterpiece, half of which will be in ancient urdurian

runner on July 15, 2010 at 5:37 PM

AP, she said she had her teeth knocked out… Well if she did then she wins. If there is no dental records or Dentists to prove that, then all of it is bunk to me.

This should be really easy for her to prove, period!

Amadeus on July 15, 2010 at 5:37 PM

It’s painfully obvious that she took a series of recorded phone calls, went to a studio, redubbed her voice over and heavily edited pieces to put together master strokes of mel career killing goodness.

Vincenzo on July 15, 2010 at 5:37 PM

“Just walk away. Leave the tapes and just walk away. I guarantee your safety.”

pseudonominus on July 15, 2010 at 5:38 PM

…it occurred to me after listening to the first one a few days ago that her voice sounded unusually crisp, even with the mic being on her side of the phone, but maybe it’s a little too crisp.

Durrr…

Upon first hearing it, I thought they’d inserted another woman’s v.o. to represent his wife’s voice.

Frankly, the editing is just comically-bad.

The Ugly American on July 15, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Get Shorty.

portlandon on July 15, 2010 at 5:39 PM

I still want to know why Mel hates boobs.

xRos on July 15, 2010 at 5:39 PM

jp on July 15, 2010 at 5:36 PM

With this new revelation, that’s the first thing I thought of. His lines on the recordings are either ripped from a movie, or he was just rehearsing lines for an upcoming picture.

The truth will come out, in the end…

Shepherd Lover on July 15, 2010 at 5:39 PM

Durrr…

Frankly, the editing is just comically-bad.

When Mel broke out into a Col. Klink voice halfway through tape 7a, it became apparent he was cukoo.

Vincenzo on July 15, 2010 at 5:39 PM

The “crispness” of her voice is because her marvelous silicone implants filtered out all the reverberation…

Wyznowski on July 15, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Everything about her is fake, so why not her tapes. Hold on Mel, help is on the way.

bloggless on July 15, 2010 at 5:40 PM

I haven’t listened to a lot of this but to add to smoething AP said the tapes on her end are unusually crisp and someone who was playing the tapes commented “she sounds like she is reading from a script”. I thought the same thing as if her tone is disconnected from what someone would sound like with Mel in full scary psycho-mode. Most women would have a trembling voice and just overall it doesn’t sound natural to me. I smell something fishy and this divorce situation is just the kind of situation that women do this kind of leg up thing. Don’t anyone think though I am taking Mel’s side I just have some doubts about these tapes.

Conan on July 15, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Well, that part about “they’ll never take our freedom, now blow me” makes a lot more sense now.

Ronnie on July 15, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Ahem, if I may…I believe I am the one who the first day this was announced, that stated “It sounds like a set up, her voice is much to measured”.
And the following tapes struck me as the same, almost as if after the taping, she turned to her attorney and high fived him, I state.
Mel may have been an idiot, but he was set up, she was way to measured and calm.
Thank you, I will wait for the applause to settle before next commenting…thank you, thank you, yes, thank you…

right2bright on July 15, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Listen to the tapes again. She also sounds as though she’s reading a script.

ROCnPhilly on July 15, 2010 at 5:36 PM

I use a digital recorder every day; it has different settings being dictation, conference or lecture. Each setting has an effect on voice/audio quality. What Oksana had appears to be quite sophisticated based on the sound quality; no background noise, air, etc. Not your typical recording.

Mel’s coming out with some movie about a crazed person who carries a puppet beaver on his hand. Maybe he was rehearsing his role?

Who knows. IMO, this skank has been a money grubbing opportunist from day one. She broke apart a 29 year marriage and got preggers. Typical hollywood skank-bot.

Key West Reader on July 15, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Dollars to donuts says she attempted blackmail before she released the tape. She has guaranteed super income for the next 20 years by having the baby, but 20 years isn’t forever. There is still a lot of blood left in that stone.

DFCtomm on July 15, 2010 at 5:42 PM

I bet he said one of each of the naughty words and they just spliced them in over and over again. That’s why it sounds so strange the way he repeats himself over and over again.

bloggless on July 15, 2010 at 5:42 PM

jp on July 15, 2010 at 5:36 PM

I always wondered if they didn’t just lift his dialogue from movies too.

LastRick on July 15, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Question: Will you dance with me at my cousin’s wedding?

Answer: “I’ll burn the goddamn house up, but blow me first”

Blake on July 15, 2010 at 5:42 PM

I wouldn’t be surprised if she ripped these from tapes of Mel doing script readings.

It’s a common practice for actors to tape themselves as they prep for various roles.

The Ugly American on July 15, 2010 at 5:42 PM

1. The taping was from her end and thus clearer.
3. I suspect Mel is only saying this to create doubt.

CWforFreedom on July 15, 2010 at 5:37 PM

Are you contradicting me? “I mean leave, c*nt, b*tch, goldd*gger c*nt wh0re…and that’s what you are. You don’t fuc*ing count, you’re a f8cking using wh0re!”

Apologetic California on July 15, 2010 at 5:43 PM

bloggless on July 15, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Something like this but what if they took it from his movies.

LastRick on July 15, 2010 at 5:43 PM

But what do Paris and Britney have to say about this? And how about Levi and Bristol?

Tav on July 15, 2010 at 5:43 PM

I figured it was apparent her voice was either enhanced or doctored in later. Her voice is too clear, his too vague for it to be the same phone call. She has no background noise and a little echo to it, like a sound room or something.

lorien1973 on July 15, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Andrew Breitbart and James O’Keefe must’ve been behind this.

- Eric Boehlert

Joe Caps on July 15, 2010 at 5:43 PM

“But baby — he says the tapes were doctored.”

Wrong. “He” hasn’t said anything.

A disinterested 3rd party said the recordings were edited. It’s in your own piece, how’d you miss it?

ButterflyDragon on July 15, 2010 at 5:44 PM

CWforFreedom on July 15, 2010 at 5:37 PM

That’s a nice thought. You can be a liar as long as the person you are lying about “deserves” it. You sound like a liberal when it comes to Sarah Palin and others. It’s the “come on, we all know they are wrong” defense for scumbag behavior.

Conan on July 15, 2010 at 5:44 PM

i told him to lay off the chantix…that crap will drive you nuts.

second look at smoking a carton a day?

DrW on July 15, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Yeah the first thing I thought when I listened to the video was the quality of the recording of her voice. I thought, “what, did she take the call in a recording studio?”

hmmmmmmmmm

Joe Caps on July 15, 2010 at 5:44 PM

E.g., “Honey, I don’t want to see the new Mel Gibson movie. Didn’t you hear those tapes?” “But baby — he says the tapes were doctored.”

Leading to the inevitable: But Sweety — were they doctored-doctored?

Dusty on July 15, 2010 at 5:45 PM

Hmmm, RadarOnline site is now down? I imagine there’s a pretty nasty staff meeting going on over there…

Rational Thought on July 15, 2010 at 5:45 PM

They say she signed a co-habitation contract which prevents her from getting his money. She also is trying to get sole custody of their baby, which I am sure will increase child support from Mel. It could be that these tapes will help her secure her meal ticket. I question the timing.

bloggless on July 15, 2010 at 5:45 PM

The only thing the recordings need are old time radio sound effects, like the zinger and whatnot.

Vincenzo on July 15, 2010 at 5:46 PM

It’s not that the phrase was necessarily together to begin with. The words may have been pieced together.

And yeah, her voice in the latest tape sounded as if it was added in later.

amerpundit on July 15, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Apologetic California on July 15, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Extortion fan.

Key West Reader on July 15, 2010 at 5:47 PM

flash: sources say she used an iphone app for recording calls:

Vincenzo on July 15, 2010 at 5:47 PM

totally; like that thing with the jacuzzi, that was from the (failed)audition for the HOT TUB TIME MACHINE

runner on July 15, 2010 at 5:48 PM

The soon to be ex-wife would be more credible if they had actually split. However, the divorce proceedings are on going which makes me think there are financial issues. In her case, I would think it would be more advantageous to help him than slam him. Plus, she has kids to worry about. Why dumb on their father if it is going to hurt them even more?

Blake on July 15, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Wrong. “He” hasn’t said anything.

ButterflyDragon on July 15, 2010 at 5:44 PM

I think Allah’s talking about how a casual conversation between a couple would unfold. They’re not going to launch into a fact-checking exercise when discussing whether or not to see the latest Mel Gibson flick.

Like a game of telephone, in other words. It allows Gibson to directly stay out of the accusations, but simultaneously leads people to believe he was the one who denied it.

amerpundit on July 15, 2010 at 5:48 PM

I wouldn’t be surprised. It sounded to me like the recordings were taken when they were both having an epic fight, and then she later replaced her part of the conversation so she sounded completely calm and like he was totally unprovoked. It doesn’t excuse the things he said to her, but for all we know, she could’ve said equally bad things to him.

Emily M. on July 15, 2010 at 5:49 PM

flash: sources say she used an iphone app for recording calls:

Vincenzo on July 15, 2010 at 5:47 PM

How did the calls last longer than 10 seconds?

MadisonConservative on July 15, 2010 at 5:49 PM

anyone know how much Gibson is worth? he’s got to be closing in on a Billion I’d imagine?

jp on July 15, 2010 at 5:50 PM

It think the part where he says “I will throw fire balls from my eyes, and balls of lightening from by arse”, then when he finished stating “You may take my life, but you will never take my freedom”, raised some suspicion…

right2bright on July 15, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Now we know why the tapes were released piecemeal. If they were listened to all at once, you would know they were fake.

faraway on July 15, 2010 at 5:51 PM

still say there are some women out there that listen to these tapes and get turned on by Mel.

jp on July 15, 2010 at 5:51 PM

NOOOO… They wouldn’t…. Not to him!

CynicalOptimist on July 15, 2010 at 5:51 PM

Obviously, he found out that his girlfriend was a Republican, and a Palin supporter.

Any outrage directed at her is therefore appropriate.

/liberal

malclave on July 15, 2010 at 5:51 PM

What happens to RADAR online? I mean if the recordings are doctored, can they be sued in a defamation suit? This does effect Mel Gibson’s ability to make a living – he has a brand, it could be argued that RADAR aided “someone” in knowingly deceiving the public, and smearing Gibson’s “Name” aka Brand.

If the reason his baby mamma went after him in the first place is because he has deep pockets, it stands to reason he can afford the best Legal representation Money can buy. Doctored recordings won’t be admissible in court, and that’s the only place that has any authority to award her any more of Mel’s money…sooo if he is worth the Billion being reported even with a divorce, he is still a wealthy man he doesn’t need to work he can retire.

Maybe Baby Mama misunderestimated “Drag Me To Hell Mel”. Maybe he was up for a knock down drag out fight in the media, and anywhere else she wanted to take it. Mel Gibson: “Welcome To Mel Hell, Buckle Up Buttercup.”

Dr Evil on July 15, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Mel is worth 900 million before Robyn gets her share.

bloggless on July 15, 2010 at 5:53 PM

Any evidence that either party was in California when these calls were made?

Blake on July 15, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Conan on July 15, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Slow down buddy. The point is EVEN if this story had not come up I still think he is a turd. I think this story is true though it appears she goaded him on. And no, I don’t think he deserved this if it is false. You projected far too much. Are you related to The Race Card? Nice Straw Man too.

CWforFreedom on July 15, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Mel is worth 900 million before Robyn gets her share.

bloggless on July 15, 2010 at 5:53 PM

Geeeez, if you’re worth that much, who cares if your career is dead?! You never have to work again anyway!

Emily M. on July 15, 2010 at 5:55 PM

From the sounds of the story it looks like they are claiming this was more slicing and dicing than ripping whole parts out of context.

I’ll try not to burn the goddamn popcorn like last time if you let me come over to the house. Maybe we can watch that movie, “Up,” again, but maybe you should make the popcorn just to make sure i don’t blow it. You are the best person for me. You are my first true love.

lol

Joe Caps on July 15, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Grigorieva’s voice always sounded as though she had to have a heart as cold as liquid nitrogen, if the discussion was spontaneous, so I’m not the least bit surprised at indications the tape was tampered with.

The odds this whole thing was a planned baiting and tape clean-up just jumped a few notches.

Dusty on July 15, 2010 at 5:56 PM

OK guys, imagine your rage if a woman did this to you. If you knew that she concocted tapes of you to make sure that you did not get visitation with your infant daughter. What is he supposed to do? How is a man supposed to act when they are being abused by a plastic Russian?

bloggless on July 15, 2010 at 5:56 PM

I thought Gibson was a Republican. Apparently not.

He opposes the war in Iraq, calls Bush a fearmonger, talks about “new world orders”, complimented and even offered to fun Fahrenheit 9/11…not really a Republican guy.

amerpundit on July 15, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Ameripundit, he sounds like one of those libertarians.

bloggless on July 15, 2010 at 5:59 PM

“Just walk away. Leave the tapes and just walk away. I guarantee your safety.”

pseudonominus Lord Humungus on July 15, 2010 at 5:38 PM

FIFY.

Heh.

Bruno Strozek on July 15, 2010 at 6:00 PM

so I’m not the least bit surprised at indications the tape was tampered with.

Dusty on July 15, 2010 at 5:56 PM

What indication?

CWforFreedom on July 15, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Based on his prior behavior and outbursts, Occam’s razor would suggest that they’re not doctored, he’s just a psychotic. As to those who think it odd that she sounds calm . . . well, duh . . . she knew she was being recorded. There’s no need to dub over her voice. His goal in the conversation was to scare the crap out of his wife. Her goal was simply to get his craziness on tape. I suspect a calm voice from her is one of the things most likely to drive him over the edge.

The guy’s a scumbag, but sadly he fits right in in Hollywood and I suspect we’ll be hearing about him for many years to come.

SoRight on July 15, 2010 at 6:00 PM

All Mel said he wanted was a nice woman to help him take care of his daughter. Maybe Robyn would reconsider.

bloggless on July 15, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Russian Long Con

Jason Coleman on July 15, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Mel has a jacuzzi

bloggless on July 15, 2010 at 6:02 PM

flash: sources say she used an iphone app for recording calls:

Vincenzo on July 15, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Interesting. I haven’t the vaguest impression what a recording in that manner would sound like. If these audios are representative, memories of the old sound will have to replaced completely in a few years.

Dusty on July 15, 2010 at 6:03 PM

I am an LA lawyer who has had some high profile litigations involving stars. They can afford to hire experts to say anything. In fact, Anthony Pellicano’s original claim to fame was as an audio tape forensic expert. He was just a self promoting dirt bag, but he convinced everyone he had a system where he could analyze recordings and find “edits” that were not there. With his testimony, he could get tapped confessions and other damaging evidence thrown out. It was all BS, he was an advocate for whoever was paying him. So, I would keep my powder dry on any expert opinion that the tapes were doctored.

If I were Mel, I would use the Furman story: “Hey stupid. I am an actor. I was acting. Those were acting exercises that my dirtbag ex recorded.”

tommylotto on July 15, 2010 at 6:03 PM

bloggless on July 15, 2010 at 5:56 PM

There is the story on RADAR online, that he demanded she thank him for helping her with her music career, he shot a video for her or something. So who are the dirt bags that are helping her shake him down? That’s an interesting story in itself. RADAR online and whoever hooked her up with them to publish doctored recordings…..

They – the players in this MEL-O-DRAMA, thought he was going to squirm and cave. I don’t think RADAR have covered their flanks legally in this whole sordid affair. I don’t think any of them have watched any of the Mad Max Movies, that’s obvious ;)

Dr Evil on July 15, 2010 at 6:04 PM

What indication?

[CWforFreedom on July 15, 2010 at 6:00 PM]

Um, the one that’s the subject of this post?

Dusty on July 15, 2010 at 6:05 PM

And that’s why I don’t modulate my values based on who violates or supports them. Crowds are dumb by nature. Join one and you’ve been dumbed down.

The Race Card on July 15, 2010 at 6:06 PM

Listen to the tapes again. She also sounds as though she’s reading a script.

ROCnPhilly on July 15, 2010 at 5:36 PM

D’oh!

Not insulting YOU, but agreeing with you and that the “tapes” bear the female voice that is so obviously, well, sitting in a quiet studio somewhere reading from a script or something similar.

The disparities between the two voices on these tapes is, well, huuuge. In tone, in scale, in volume in quality, in just about every aspect.

Somebody yelling the words that are recorded at another person isn’t going to record the other person “in real life” not reacting not some tiny bit, which Oksa didn’t (she’s so monotone and ‘bored’ sounding as to be not genuine to the moment or scene).

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 6:09 PM

I talk like that all the time.

Then, when my buttons are pushed, I get racist and nasty.

IlikedAUH2O on July 15, 2010 at 6:10 PM

tommylotto on July 15, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Then you are well familiar with the fact that lawyers associating themselves with a lady who is suing a very wealthy celebrity can hire anyone to say (and make) anything.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 6:11 PM

CWforFreedom on July 15, 2010 at 5:37 PM

While I agree with you that Gibson is a turd for leaving his wife and kids, I have to point out that there is a possibility of criminal prosecution against him, based on these tapes. If it turns out that these tapes were fabricated, then the perpetrator may have committed a crime, herself.

JannyMae on July 15, 2010 at 6:11 PM

Adam West is behind all of this….all of it.

Bruce Ward knew too.

rickyricardo on July 15, 2010 at 6:11 PM

I talk like that all the time.

Then, when my buttons are pushed, I get racist and nasty.

IlikedAUH2O on July 15, 2010 at 6:10 PM

You want to smoke, too, huh?

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 6:12 PM

…like that thing with the jacuzzi, that was from the (failed)audition for the HOT TUB TIME MACHINE

runner on July 15, 2010 at 5:48 PM

LOL….

The Ugly American on July 15, 2010 at 6:12 PM

runner on July 15, 2010 at 5:48 PM

LOL….

The Ugly American on July 15, 2010 at 6:12 PM

The rose garden, wasn’t that from Hitchcock’s REAR WINDOW (or were those mums)?

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 6:12 PM

The real bombshell is that it will be found that Mel was actually practicing his lines for his upcoming film.

Mel should just admit his guilt and then run off to France before sentencing like that child rapist did. Then he could enjoy the rest of his life in freedom and still make films while being praised by libs and Hollywood. Oh yeah, I forgot; Mel is loathed for his Passion of the Christ.

carbon_footprint on July 15, 2010 at 6:13 PM

I mean, these tapes can’t be authentic. After all, he directed “The Passion.”

YYZ on July 15, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Why would someone take the risk, or even the trouble, to “doctor” this? Unless they “doctored” almost all of it, which would be way beyond “doctoring”, as it has to be pathetically unmanly enough already.

Tav on July 15, 2010 at 6:14 PM

That God film you made Mel? Gotcha -we warned ya not to do it!

Only prints on the tape were cloven hoof marks?

Don L on July 15, 2010 at 6:15 PM

carbon_footprint on July 15, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Only CURRENT clients of Ari Emanuel’s get to run off to France after child raping and still get represented by William Morris. Not that Mel Gibson is associated with any of that, seriously, perish the thought.

Mel made a movie about which certain people who don’t understand it continue to hate him. From that it seems all the ensuing negatives have spun, grown and accumulated. I think the man’s bearing witness to very.bad.coping skills.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 6:15 PM

tommylotto on July 15, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Well you know baby mama didn’t think like that, she looks at wealthy men like cash registers. I doubt she thinks outside of how something benefits her. Being seen with Mel raised her profile, and you know she figured she could put the squeeze on him if he stopped cooperating….I think there is a good chance the recordings were doctored. It all comes down to what’s admissible in court. If he has good Lawyers that’s what gets thrown out first.

He does have this going for him, they aren’t married, and they don’t live together. He has a wife so she can’t go after him for Palimony.

That’s why she needs to paint him as violent, and try and keep him from his child – so he’ll pay up. I have never heard of Mel Gibson being an abusive father so all of sudden without a history everyone is supposed to believe he is now?

Dr Evil on July 15, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Tav on July 15, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Their target has a lot of money. And certain associated websites are making a lot of money out of their ~inexhaustive ability to *suddenly* have *more tapes*~.

Lourdes on July 15, 2010 at 6:16 PM

$$$$$$$????

Kirsten Powers or Gloria Steinhem should marry me and seel the thing as a reality show.

Look what KP managed to bring out in Ms. Kelly..scary.

IlikedAUH2O on July 15, 2010 at 6:17 PM

I’m an audio engineer by trade (I work for a mouse) and also own an iPhone. I can guarantee you that the iPhone mic can NOT create sound of that quality without help. She sounds like she’s talking into an RE20(same ‘Golden Mic’ Rush is pictured using). Her voice is TOO clean. The iPhone story is most certainly a lie. I’d stake my reputation on it if I weren’t in the closet as a conservative working in entertainment…

oddjob1138 on July 15, 2010 at 6:18 PM

Too many possibilities here.

I’ll just let things play out some more.

listens2glenn on July 15, 2010 at 6:18 PM