Er, great news: Bristol Palin and Ricky Hollywood getting married

posted at 11:33 am on July 14, 2010 by Allahpundit

And so a year and a half of public feuding, replete with vicious smears, threats of damaging leaks, and accusations of media whoredom, ends the only way it possibly could: With a wedding.

…announced on the cover of “Us” magazine.

…before anyone’s told the mother of the bride.

And, they tell Us Weekly, former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin has been kept in the dark about their plans … until now.

“We got engaged two weeks ago,” Bristol, 19, tells Us Weekly. “It felt right, even though we don’t have the approval of our parents.”…

“I really thought we were over,” Levi tells Us Weekly. “So when I went [to meet her about child custody], I had no hope. I think we both just started talking — and then we took Tripp for a walk.”

Says Bristol, “When he left that night, we didn’t hug or kiss, but I was thinking how different it was. He texted me: ‘I miss you. I love you. I want to be with you again’ … I was in shock.”

So grimly was this news received by HA readers in this morning’s Headlines thread that one commenter simply refused to believe it was true despite the on-the-record statements from the principals and the, um, posed cover photo. (In fact, Bristol also spoke to People magazine about the engagement. Quote: “I forgive him for what he did. He was young, mad, misguided. We’re moving on.”) A question for the future Mrs. Hollywood: Given the obvious interest mom’s enemies have in using Levi to paint her as some sort of Springer-esque chillbilly freak show, might there perhaps have been a more politic way to break this news than with … a splashy feature in a checkout-counter tabloid? No wonder she finds it “scary” to imagine what Sarah’s reaction will be.

Speaking of which:

“As parents, we obviously want what is best for our children, but Bristol is ultimately in charge of determining what is best for her and her beautiful son,” Sarah and Todd Palin said in an exclusive statement to “Good Morning America.” “Bristol believes in redemption and forgiveness to a degree most of us struggle to put in practice in our daily lives.”

“We pray that, as a couple, Bristol and Levi’s relationship matures into one that will allow Tripp to grow up graced with two loving parents in his life,” they said.

Tactful, but it’s hard to miss the inference in the first line that what’s best for Bristol and what she’s intent on doing are two very different things. And the bit about her capacity for forgiveness suggests that in this case maybe not everyone in the family shares that capacity to quite the same extent.

Exit question: Good news or bad news? Last I checked, most conservatives are keen on the idea of unmarried parents (especially teen parents) making things legal, and needless to say, from a religious perspective, redemption’s always on the menu. And yet, on a gut level…

Comments

Comment pages: 1 11 12 13

jnelchef on July 14, 2010 at 8:04 PM
dedalus on July 14, 2010 at 8:54 PM

The goal isn’t for Sarah to literally become exactly like President Reagan but to provide his kind of strong conservative leadership hence any kind of checklist along those lines is just silly.

Jenfidel on July 14, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Looks like the Energizer thread is still going… And going…

Hope Levi mans up.

cs89 on July 14, 2010 at 9:07 PM

Maybe Todd should take Levi hunting…

beatcanvas on July 14, 2010 at 9:19 PM

So how long exactly was it from engagement to calling the magazine?

I’d wish them all the best if it didn’t seem like such an extraordinarily hopeless waste of breath.

TexasDan on July 14, 2010 at 9:22 PM

beatcanvas on July 14, 2010 at 9:19 PM

You have a cool website.

Dire Straits on July 14, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Well, looks like I’m going to have to eat my words from a post in a previous thread about these two.

Levi’s still got a tough row to hoe getting his credibility back. BUT . . . . if he prevails, it’s the best choice for Tripp in the end.

Exit question: Does this engagement mean a Democrat weasel in the Republican hen-house? Or could we somehow use Levi back against them?

listens2glenn on July 14, 2010 at 9:39 PM

So, I hear that Spain won that soccer thingy….

trapeze on July 14, 2010 at 9:53 PM

One of my socks has a hole in it.

MadisonConservative on July 14, 2010 at 9:56 PM

O

ne of my socks has a hole in it.

MadisonConservative on July 14, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Cool.
It’ll match the one in your head. LOL

Jenfidel on July 14, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Jenfidel on July 14, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Nice to see you were all about that “peace”.

MadisonConservative on July 14, 2010 at 10:06 PM

None of the comments on page 13 should count towards the tally. Not mine either.

hawkdriver on July 14, 2010 at 10:12 PM

MadisonConservative on July 14, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Hey, be fair!
You rendered it null and void by rejecting my apology and lashing out with some more vitriol and h8te.

Jenfidel on July 14, 2010 at 10:13 PM

hawkdriver on July 14, 2010 at 10:12 PM

This ain’t the HA that you once knew. (I saw your comment from earlier)

thomasaur on July 14, 2010 at 10:15 PM

They have a beautiful healthy son “Tripp” they should count their Blessings.

Dr Evil on July 14, 2010 at 10:15 PM

This ain’t the HA that you once knew. (I saw your comment from earlier)

thomasaur on July 14, 2010 at 10:15 PM

It was bad. Cooled off some.

(This comment should count)

hawkdriver on July 14, 2010 at 10:17 PM

Jenfidel on July 14, 2010 at 10:13 PM

You’ve always had the chance, but refuse to take it.

MadisonConservative on July 14, 2010 at 10:18 PM

Hey, be fair!

Jenfidel on July 14, 2010 at 10:13 PM

You’ve been sniping for over ten hours. Way too much free time. Stuff a sock in it and go do something for your community

katy the mean old lady on July 14, 2010 at 10:22 PM

Well one thing’s for sure. With 13 pages and over 1200 comments it will be a while before AP makes the mistake of posting a Palin thread anytime soon!

DrAllecon on July 14, 2010 at 10:26 PM

katy the mean old lady on July 14, 2010 at 10:22 PM

This. Take up a hobby besides being a bitter wingnut hag, Jen. Go pack a care basket for a local armed forces member. Volunteer to help care for the cats at your local animal shelter.

Dark-Star on July 14, 2010 at 10:26 PM

Did we ever decide if married women like sodomy or not?

exception on July 14, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Did we ever decide if married women like sodomy or not?

exception on July 14, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Allah, we need a poll.

MadisonConservative on July 14, 2010 at 10:30 PM

I’m just posting this link again for Cain. He was right. Check it out…it’s worth it

Gob on July 14, 2010 at 10:32 PM

What in God’s name happened to Hot Air?

hawkdriver on July 14, 2010 at 3:20 PM

I can answer that one: Salem bought it from Michelle, Ap started swinging the ban hammer unnecessarily, but refused to ban the trolls, they let a bunch of new people in – I’m assuming grandfathered in from other Salem sites and through the back door by people emailing AP &/or Ed, and AP started posting stupider crap than normal, HA posted more and more crap from libs, including that one idiot from the Green Room that writes manifesto size posts and most of the older group just gave up. Did I leave anything out?

And the FB group some are claiming is up to no good – is that the Free Speech Zone (aka Free Pee Zone)?

darwin-t on July 14, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Sarah Palin,….. Or should I say Bristol, and Levi where the hottest news tonight!
CNN, Campbell Brown, Larry King. Fox News. But Sarah and the Tea Party were also a topic of discussion.

he’s got you all talking and thinking.

Her Face Book posts tweets and appearances are crippling the Leader of the free world.

Is she running?

if I die, I die. So be it,” Palin said.

It’s a made for TV Movie!!!

She’s in your heads…….LOL

Sarah rising, Obama falling down and I can’t get up

Life is good, God’s plan unfolds

idesign on July 14, 2010 at 10:48 PM

darwin-t on July 14, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Quite the conspiracy theory you have…

Bradky on July 14, 2010 at 10:49 PM

Quite the conspiracy theory you have…

Bradky on July 14, 2010 at 10:49 PM

Malik Shabazz is jealous.

MadisonConservative on July 14, 2010 at 10:56 PM

darwin-t on July 14, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Who is the Green Zone idiot lib manifesto writer?

hawkdriver on July 14, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Malik Shabazz is jealous.

MadisonConservative on July 14, 2010 at 10:56 PM

LOL

Bradky on July 14, 2010 at 10:58 PM

hawkdriver on July 14, 2010 at 10:57 PM

CK “You’re all Islamophobes” MacLeod.

MadisonConservative on July 14, 2010 at 10:59 PM

Cloud Computing is the future

Why?

Explain it…

What appeal does it have to future or prospective consumers?

TimeTraveler on July 14, 2010 at 11:08 PM

CK “You’re all Islamophobes” MacLeod.

MadisonConservative on July 14, 2010 at 10:59 PM

I shall.

hawkdriver on July 14, 2010 at 11:08 PM

The opinions I posted are mine and mine alone.and yeah, CK is who I was thinking of. I couldn’t remember the name.

darwin-t on July 14, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Wow! It’s a Timex thread.

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2010 at 11:24 PM

darwin-t on July 14, 2010 at 10:42 PM

You people are overreacting the site is the same as it was a year ago.

This past week AP had been off so they had to find guest bloggers to fill in for him.

TimeTraveler on July 14, 2010 at 11:38 PM

CK “You’re all Islamophobes” MacLeod.

MadisonConservative on July 14, 2010 at 10:59 PM

Thanks for the wild goose chase MadCon. What have I been looking for in Green Room archieves?

A thread titled “You’re all Islamophobes” by Macleod. I guess CK doesn’t stand for Check?

hawkdriver on July 14, 2010 at 11:38 PM

archives

hawkdriver on July 14, 2010 at 11:39 PM

hawkdriver on July 14, 2010 at 11:38 PM

CK MacLeod. The part in quotes was a faux middle name or nickname. Good lawd.

MadisonConservative on July 14, 2010 at 11:40 PM

baby-momma getting backtogether with the baby-daddy. across america this is the same story, but if I were bristol’s brother overseas right now, if he screws up again, I would punch in him in the balls.

bombos on July 14, 2010 at 11:49 PM

MadisonConservative on July 14, 2010 at 11:40 PM

I scanned a couple threads. They weren’t that bad.

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2010 at 11:24 PM

hawkdriver on July 14, 2010 at 11:59 PM

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Clicked too soon. Meant to say “Hey Cindy”

hawkdriver on July 15, 2010 at 12:00 AM

You have a cool website.

Dire Straits on July 14, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Thanks :)

beatcanvas on July 15, 2010 at 12:04 AM

hawkdriver on July 15, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Hey! How are you?

Cindy Munford on July 15, 2010 at 12:28 AM

Something about Jindal rubs me the wrong way. I can’t explain it.

MadisonConservative on July 14, 2010 at 5:18 PM

It probably has something to with his ability to talk faster than you can think.

Jeckle on July 15, 2010 at 12:37 AM

Should I go back to page #1 and start reading from the beginning…?

Seven Percent Solution on July 15, 2010 at 12:55 AM

MadisonConservative on July 14, 2010 at 5:18 PM

Some people are afraid of him because it has been said that he possess the power to kill off demons from inside our souls.

TimeTraveler on July 15, 2010 at 1:06 AM

by Allahpundit

I officially declare this site pure garbage. If there are still doubts, check out biggovernment.com with pages and pages of black patriots condemning the NAACP and siding with the Tea Party. Yet what do we have over here? Ass clown rolling around in his own fecal matter in celebration of his fantastic attempt at 2000 posts with another Palin hit piece. It is the suck.

long_cat on July 15, 2010 at 2:07 AM

On a gut level? The guy is trash. I can dig him being upset over their break up. The lies and trashing of her family…. Bristol’s a way better Christian than I am. Me, I’d have given him a fish wrapped in newspaper.

SilentWatcher on July 15, 2010 at 2:29 AM

Folks complaining about this post (and you know who you are) take a moment to look at the wide variety of other posts from today. It covers everything from Scott Brown not voting for DISCLOSE, to the woman whose obituary wants Harry Reid out of office, to the Black Panthers not being prosecuted. Headlines have linked directly to the tea party site condemning NAACP. The quote of the day could have been pandering, but was instead actually touching (mostly). There have been without exaggeration dozens of posts on the gulf disaster and Obama’s disgraceful inaction prior to today, but even dismissing that, this is one post, after one headline mention of this gossipy bit of news.

And unless AP has 500 sock puppets, getting 1200+ commments was hardly his fault. Sure, the 3-4 way argument could have been toned down after about 9 pages worth, and if you subtract the usual Palin-hating comments/commenters that surface whenever Palin’s name is whispered (but somehow are nowhere to be found on the “Obama’s a failure and here’s why” posts) you’d still have about 4 pages of comments left over, which is a pretty good turn-out blogging-wise.

Anyway, if you see a post with a tabloid cover as its thumbnail picture, and you feel that strongly about it, just don’t click on it. Go to one of the other dozen+ posts and support them by commenting there.

Well, that’s as preachy as I can get at 2:30AM, a rough call night, lol.

Back on topic (whatever the hell it was anyway…oh yeah!) I hope Levi mans up for the sake of Bristol and their child. If not, I hope she wakes up and moves on.

DrAllecon on July 15, 2010 at 2:30 AM

long_cat on July 15, 2010 at 2:07 AM

No offense to BigGoverment but the site’s style sucks.

TimeTraveler on July 15, 2010 at 3:06 AM

Ask whom among your friends and family has installed things like AdBlock, and who has intentionally clicked on ONE internet ad in the last month.

Chances are almost 100% that the former group is much, much larger.

Dark-Star on July 14, 2010 at 8:54 PM

I’ve been in the industry for over 10 years. I understand how it works.

DarkCurrent on July 15, 2010 at 5:23 AM

Will the MSM turn the “Uterus Cam” back on…?

Seven Percent Solution on July 15, 2010 at 5:27 AM

Palin outta exercise her Mama Grizzly veto power on this match.

curved space on July 15, 2010 at 5:59 AM

My official position is this:

Levi, you wanna come REALLY clean? Mouth out who was behind your little butt ordering you to attack Sarah. Rat them out. Be a whistleblower and bring it.

When it comes to Bristol and Tripp, this time you be treat them like rose petals. No more, no less. Get a job in the private industry, or get a business on your own if you so wish later on. You got to work yourself up big time and not only apologize to her parents (which you did), but also to their entire family. They suffered too.

Do whatever you have to do to get your education going, up to BA or Master’s (dunno where he left off). Prove you’re smarter than all the stupidity you put everybody through. Gee, if I messed up like this with Sarah and Todd (especially Todd), I’d make sure I am in good graces with him.

And tell your sister to shut the hell up.

ProudPalinFan on July 15, 2010 at 7:20 AM

Levi is going to milk this for all its 15 minutes of fame.

Coming up:
- The break up before the marriage.
- The marriage.
- The new pregnancy. But who is the real father?
- The separation.
- The divorce.
- The get married again.

All tied to some national political event that can be used to embarrass Palin.
(Did anybody check to see if Levi has some secret reality TV deal?)

albill on July 15, 2010 at 7:22 AM

You people are overreacting the site is the same as it was a year ago.

TimeTraveler on July 14, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Although you are entitled to your opinion, I have been here for awhile, and it seems different to me.

DrAllecon on July 15, 2010 at 2:30 AM

Well said.

DrMagnolias on July 15, 2010 at 7:24 AM

All tied to some national political event that can be used to embarrass Palin.
(Did anybody check to see if Levi has some secret reality TV deal?)

albill on July 15, 2010 at 7:22 AM

Good grief. You sound like those lefties who swore up and down there was Halliburton-Cheney conspiracy driving the actions in the mideast.

Long before Sarah was picked as the VP nominee Levi and Sarah did what thousands of young people have done – have sex way too early and then have to deal with a pregnancy. Did they do that because some clever political strategist got it from a gypsy that SP would run for VP? Of course not.
Is it really any surprise that they would still have feelings for one another? More than likely they were each other’s first and those honest with themselves would probably remember their “first” and admit to some residual feelings or sentiment. Sounds like they were miserable without each other.
So they got back together again. Good for them. In any other context – especially when it comes to the statistic that says 70% of black women are unwed mothers – you would be the first to bemoan how people can’t be responsible and need to marry to ensure the child has a better chance at being successful in life.
But nooooo … instead you determine it is a high level political plot.
Can’t you see how silly you really sound?

Bradky on July 15, 2010 at 7:35 AM

Well. I certainly have been experiencing something akin to this (minus the publicity stunts).
My daughter’s ‘boyfriend’ after having knocked her up, is back in her life after being a total POS the whole pregnancy,denying paternity etc.
And now my daughter is still ’seeing’ him.
Case in point here, young girls are MORONS.
Admit it ladies, most of us were at that age.
Bristol is going to really regret this.
People like that do NOT change overnight.
It takes YEARS, if it even ever really happens.
Once a POS, pretty much always a POS.

Badger40 on July 14, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Well said. People’s general character varies only slightly in an entire lifetime. The only thing that changes people is a strong epiphany, usually accompanied by a God experience. Bets are Levi did not have one.

Nalea on July 15, 2010 at 7:42 AM

The Palin Family has been through the ringer/ investigated since Aug, 29, 2008 like NO ONE else. If only someone would have done similar with the DOTUS!!

This makes them HUMAN…..and this is how America relates to people in 2010……at the checkout line.

Good for SP this time since it is positive news.

PappyD61 on July 15, 2010 at 7:51 AM

I suggest a long long engagement.

Cindy Munford on July 15, 2010 at 8:02 AM

Maybe Todd should take Levi hunting…

beatcanvas on July 14, 2010 at 9:19 PM

I was thinking more like Cheney takin Levi hunting . . .

BigAlSouth on July 15, 2010 at 8:04 AM

ProudPalinFan on July 15, 2010 at 7:20 AM

You often complain about how the press goes after the Palin kids yet you now want to demand Levi engage with the press.
funny….

Bradky on July 15, 2010 at 8:08 AM

Are only the easy commandments obligatory? Yes, you have to honor your parents even if they are deadbeats or criminals. They wiped your ass and changed your diaper. As long as they aren’t abusive, you must respect them as your parent. Even if they are abusive, while you don’t have to submit to abuse, you should attempt to be as respectful as circumstances allow.

My mother and her sisters are all emotionally abusive to their children and spouses (well, till they hounded their husbands into the grave). I’d say that 95% of what my mother says to me is malicious, falsely accusatory, or just plain mean. Still, I help her take her groceries in and try to do the maintenance on her house. Hell, I’ll be fixing something in her house and she’ll be second guessing me every step of the way. So what? At the end of the day I can say that I fulfilled my filial duties. And they are indeed duties.

rokemronnie on July 14, 2010 at 6:13 PM

I respectfully digress. After returning from a trip to PR I discovered some really nasty things. Came home broken down, crying my butt off. I received a message from someone very special to my heart who is and never was Earthly, and gave me this message (to my brain, His visual image and in all CAPS):

“HE HAS BELITTLED HIMSELF UPON THE EYES OF GOD”.

I was stunned, I stopped crying. When I “saw” what who “saw” and got the message, I know now for a fact that my dad is not going to see St. Peter anytime soon. The 10 Commandments are accurate and right, but it seems God Himself does not approve of His children suffering when death was near and the child’s father never cared.

I’ll leave you with that tidbit to munch on for breakfast, since this is WAY off thread. Just had to leave my 0.2 there.

ProudPalinFan on July 15, 2010 at 8:16 AM

funny….

Bradky on July 15, 2010 at 8:08 AM

I want to know who exactly is behind this, and I bet is more than one. I will speak for me. I want NAMES, and DETAILS. If he disclosed this information to the Palins, no tengo problema con eso. I don’t want him “engaging” the press (he’s done enough of that already), I want him/them off of rags and reality TV.

There are bigger fish to fry, they are in DC, and I want them down and out.

ProudPalinFan on July 15, 2010 at 8:22 AM

ProudPalinFan on July 15, 2010 at 8:22 AM

It is speculation on your part. Like it or not Levi is going to be part of the Palin family. It simply isn’t your business. Either you really believe that Bristol’s parents are good parents perfectly capable of managing a family matter or you don’t. If you do then shouldn’t you back off? If you don’t… well that would be quite the revelation.

Bradky on July 15, 2010 at 8:27 AM

SilentWatcher on July 15, 2010 at 2:29 AM

I don’t think it’s “better” – I think she’s a lot more foolish than you would be.

disa on July 15, 2010 at 8:30 AM

DrAllecon on July 15, 2010 at 2:30 AM

There are plenty of Palin-bait posts by Allahpundit, and I roll my eyes and ignore most of them. Perhaps more of you should do the same.

disa on July 15, 2010 at 8:32 AM

Will the MSM turn the “Uterus Cam” back on…?

Seven Percent Solution on July 15, 2010 at 5:27 AM

You mean Andrew Sullivan, Virtual Gyno to SP?

disa on July 15, 2010 at 8:34 AM

Bradky on July 15, 2010 at 7:35 AM

I’m hoping you meant “Levi and Bristol.”

Otherwise, you’ve got your own conspiracy theory going on.

cs89 on July 15, 2010 at 8:37 AM

cs89 on July 15, 2010 at 8:37 AM

Heh. Good catch. Yes I meant Levi and Bristol. I broke my first rule – don’t comment until after two cups of coffee!

Bradky on July 15, 2010 at 8:39 AM

I guess his behaviour during their time apart really proved to her what an awesome guy he is.

Cover of US = downpayment on a house.
What gold digging clowns.

Dave Rywall on July 15, 2010 at 8:59 AM

Amazing how the girl insulted and embarrassed her mother with the media knowing that the MSM hates her mom’s guts. So, is she going to continue abstinent until she’s married? Bristol’s selfishness is amazing. She does what feels right to her without considering that she should tell her mother before telling the MSM. It seems like she’s hellbent on depriving herself of support when Levi reverts to type again.

SilentWatcher on July 15, 2010 at 9:25 AM

When I told my hubby about this, the first words out of his mouth was Sarah could forget about running for president. Their life is a soap opera now, thanks to this brainless little twit. Whatever you think about the pregnancy, the worst part was her taking this loser back after what he did. This kind of crap is not what you want going on in the White House, just like the crap going on there now. Please bring back some class to that place.

silvernana on July 15, 2010 at 9:45 AM

What if the media put him up to try this just to make Sarah look bad. Chrissy did say they would destroy her. He’s also aware of how much money the Palin’s have now and he decide if she gets to see the grandkid. Hope she tells them they’re a family now and need to support themselves.

Kissmygrits on July 15, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Jenfidel on July 14, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Reagan was Reagan, the point is how much substance and thoughtful, guiding principle is there behind Palin. That has yet to be seen. What are her prescriptions for solutions? This will take time but it needs to be done at some point or we’re falling for a personality, and not a leader. I don’t expect to go glassy eyed for some “change we can believe in” pretty face, I want someone who articulates my core beliefs in governing and who can use them to navigate the issues and troubles of the day. Cool aid is for the other team, we’re the thinking team. I don’t expect to find the perfect candidate but a good one will do.

jnelchef on July 15, 2010 at 10:27 AM

I’ve been away for a few days, but I just want to congradulate the couple and hope they have a long and happy marriage.

What more needs to be said?

rbj on July 15, 2010 at 10:45 AM

–No, but I’m not running for political office (and never will).

Why is one running for office the magical event that allows your children’s mistakes to be a reflection upon you?

Sarah had no real chance to win previously if you read the opinion polls.

You may be right, or not. Time will tell.

This is too close to making an announcement in the National Enquirer or that Entertainment Today tabloid TV show.
Jimbo3 on July 14, 2010 at 2:58 PM

Bristol earned some money from the announcement, thus the method she chose is bad, thus Sarah and Todd are bad parents. Got it.

I wish the couple a happy and successful marriage.

Your definition of trailer trash has still not been given.

rukiddingme on July 15, 2010 at 10:47 AM

So….is this officially the longest thread ever yet?

pseudonominus on July 15, 2010 at 10:53 AM

So….is this officially the longest thread ever yet?

pseudonominus on July 15, 2010 at 10:53 AM

No. I think the live-blog debate threads during the primaries were longer, with fewer posters. We’re going to need separate rooms for each candidate next primary season.

TexasDan on July 15, 2010 at 11:08 AM

So….is this officially the longest thread ever yet?

pseudonominus on July 15, 2010 at 10:53 AM

Not even close.

RINO in Name Only on July 15, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Well, gee, I expect this to hit 2000 already.

We all need to do our part. *haha

AnninCA on July 15, 2010 at 11:59 AM

Jimbo3 on July 14, 2010 at 2:58 PM

I wish the couple a happy and successful marriage.

Your definition of trailer trash has still not been given.

rukiddingme on July 15, 2010 at 10:47 AM

–And the apparent fact that she didn’t tell her mom about it. That doesn’t suggest a great relationship with Sarah.

Jimbo3 on July 15, 2010 at 12:51 PM

jnelchef on July 15, 2010 at 10:27 AM, read her Facebook notes. She lays out policy positions and such there. It’s not as if she does not have a paper trail.

It sounds like Sarah and Todd are strict parents, Bristol knows she mucked up again, and is—like any other kid—worried about what a strict parent would say. It would’ve been good if she’d had the courage and respect to tell her parents directly. She sounds like your basic self-centered teenager who sees what she wants and doesn’t stop to consider others.

This is not going to stop me from voting for Palin 2012. That her kid is terrified of what Palin would say is good. You can make the kid, but you can’t make the kid’s mind, no matter how well you raise the kid.

SilentWatcher on July 15, 2010 at 1:14 PM

I love that people are still here. To infinity, and beyond!

alwaysfiredup on July 15, 2010 at 2:39 PM

Effing told you people that she was starting a creepy reality show against her parents wishes.

TimeTraveler on July 15, 2010 at 10:52 PM

As a father I wouldn’t trust Levi as far as I could throw him. As far as Bristol is concerned , I don’t think shes that bright. I also believe that a child’s poor choices don’t necessarily reflect on her parents.

MCGIRV on July 15, 2010 at 10:53 PM

To the Palinbots…THERE GOES HER CHANCES AT 2012…OR EVER BEING PRESIDENT!

BobAnthony on July 16, 2010 at 6:45 AM

MCGIRV on July 15, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Doesn’t reflect well on her parents – the ones who supplied the upbringing and genes does it?

Bradky on July 16, 2010 at 7:00 AM

To the Palinbots…THERE GOES HER CHANCES AT 2012…OR EVER BEING PRESIDENT!

BobAnthony on July 16, 2010 at 6:45 AM

Sadly, Saint Sarah is still going strong. She is their ‘lifeboat candidate’.

Dark-Star on January 2, 2011 at 2:14 PM