Another vote of no confidence in Obama from CBS poll

posted at 10:55 am on July 13, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

And the hits just keep on coming.  Just hours after the WaPo/ABC poll showed that only 43% of Americans had confidence in Barack Obama as a leader, CBS reports that their poll shows that number to be only 40%.  Fifty-four percent disapproved of his economic policies, both results a nadir in Obama’s polling in the CBS survey:

Economists have declared the economic recession over largely over, but most Americans don’t share their optimism, and they are increasingly blaming President Obama for their money woes.

Mr. Obama’s approval rating on the economy has tumbled five percentage points from last month, according to a new CBS News poll, with just 40 percent of those polled expressing full confidence in his actions.

More than half of those questioned (54 percent) said they disapproved of Mr. Obama’s handling of the economy. Last month, 45 percent approved. The drop in approval has been seen mostly among independents, just 35 percent of whom now say they approve.

It may have taken longer than many of us thought, but Obama now owns the economy.  He has had eighteen months to prove that his top-down, Keynesian spending practices would rescue the US from high levels of unemployment.  As we have seen, they have had the opposite effect.  The CBS poll shows that joblessness is a key factor in the crisis in confidence:

The poll shows widespread concern among Americans when it comes to employment. Seven in ten Americans rated the job market in their area “fair” or “very bad”; only a quarter of those polled described it as “good”.

There did appear to be some optimism that the job market would improve over the next year — but not a lot. While 28 percent said they expected the job market in their area to get better over the next year, twice as many — 56 percent — said it would likely remain the same. Another 14 percent predicted even fewer available jobs in the coming years.

The news has finally caught up to Obama.  As I have charted over the past week, the percentage of civilian population participation in the workforce has plummeted to a generational low, and shows no sign of moving back into the low-to-mid-60s.  Discouraged workers have fallen out of the market at a steadily increasing rate since Obama’s election and passage of Porkulus.  Perhaps even more damaging, the media has begun routinely reporting on these issues, which has created a contrast between Obama’s “we’re moving in the right direction” rhetoric and the reality that Americans see.

CBS did not make the internals of the poll available this morning, apparently waiting for its nightly news broadcast, so we can’t parse the sample or the other questions in the poll just yet.  I’ll update this post when that data becomes available.  In the meantime, we can at least say that the CBS poll shows that the WaPo/ABC wasn’t an outlier — and that both show that Rasmussen has been correct in its polling on these issues all along.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Who in the heck are the 40%. That still seems pretty high to me.

The man is in way over his head and is hell bent on ruining this great republic.

Corky on July 13, 2010 at 10:57 AM

Who in the heck are the 40%. That still seems pretty high to me.

Corky on July 13, 2010 at 10:57 AM

Minorities, unions, far-left kooks, welfare recipients, the “political class”, and the wealthy(well, some of them at least).

That’s his base.

Doughboy on July 13, 2010 at 11:00 AM

“We are the ones who we [40% of us] have been waiting for.”

mjbrooks3 on July 13, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Bruce MacMahon on July 13, 2010 at 11:01 AM

People are barely hanging on economically and therefore skipping their usual summer vacation trips, so they have more time to pay attention to what the feckless White House wonder is doing.

The nation is already over the abyss and President Vacation is off on yet another jaunt, Americans are noticing and they don’t like it.

Bishop on July 13, 2010 at 11:02 AM

I sense an opportunity for another platitude of patience and a resetting of the proverbial liberal pot o’ gold just over the next hill here soon…..

ted c on July 13, 2010 at 11:03 AM

The race card is no longer trump.

Epic fail.

Shiny_Tiara on July 13, 2010 at 11:04 AM

Bruce MacMahon on July 13, 2010 at 11:01 AM

ROFL…same here. It’s hard to disappoint when you start at zero.

AUINSC on July 13, 2010 at 11:04 AM

Count it!

/crr6

Good Lt on July 13, 2010 at 11:05 AM

Increase intensity

faraway on July 13, 2010 at 11:06 AM

So nice to have the gulps on the enemy side.

Marcus on July 13, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Let’s hope he campaigns for every democrat up for re-election.

BrianA on July 13, 2010 at 11:07 AM

90% of the African Americans, 75% of the Latinos, and the Unions probably add up to 25%….add the environmental wackos, academics, and brain dead 60′s liberals who never grew up and unfortunately, i think we are talking about 35-40% of the country. Thats what is so scary, another bought off voting bloc (or created one like felons or amnesty)and we are getting close to being a country of two wolves and a sheep voting on whats for dinner…..

alecj on July 13, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Another vote of no confidence in Obama the MSM from CBS poll

FIFY

The media can no longer cover for Obama.

pain train on July 13, 2010 at 11:09 AM

It seems like these polls are showing that true beleivers are started to cave. If this trend continues, Obama will surely tests Bush’s lows.

WashJeff on July 13, 2010 at 11:09 AM

The race card is no longer trump.

Epic fail.

Shiny_Tiara on July 13, 2010 at 11:04 AM

But he still has the Hussein card up his sleeve!

UltimateBob on July 13, 2010 at 11:09 AM

If these are the numbers the WaPo and CBS are willing to publish, can you imagine how bad the REAL numbers are?

tommyboy on July 13, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Bruce MacMahon on July 13, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Actually, I was very vocal with family and friends in 2008 that he would be a disaster as President. But even I didn’t think he’d be THIS bad, THIS quickly. We’re not even 18 months into his first(and God willing only) term and he’s already been reduced to race-baiting. Hell, he’s even got his wife in on the act.

Doughboy on July 13, 2010 at 11:11 AM

40%: “I don’t know what your problem is. Obama is trying the best he can, and he’s doing a good job. Oh, honey — can you get me my food stamps? I think I left them under my iPhone next to the big screen TV…”

Daggett on July 13, 2010 at 11:11 AM

Who in the heck are the 40%. That They still seem pretty high to me.

Corky on July 13, 2010 at 10:57 AM

fify

DrW on July 13, 2010 at 11:12 AM

Subtract at least 7 points for a WAPO poll.

jukin on July 13, 2010 at 11:12 AM

Three years is a long time to fly cover for anyone.

forest on July 13, 2010 at 11:15 AM

heh
Ed, I thought you would use the pic of dear leader showing us his middle finger

cmsinaz on July 13, 2010 at 11:16 AM

Let’s hope he campaigns for every democrat up for re-election.

BrianA on July 13, 2010 at 11:07 AM

please oh please

cmsinaz on July 13, 2010 at 11:16 AM

ROFL…same here. It’s hard to disappoint when you start at zero.

AUINSC on July 13, 2010 at 11:04 AM

Zero ?

I expected him to do damage so I started him under zero … and he’s gone down from there.

gh on July 13, 2010 at 11:17 AM

And from WAPO-ABC:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Nearly 60 percent of American voters say they lack faith in President Barack Obama, according to a public opinion poll published on Tuesday.
The results of the Washington Post/ABC News poll are a reversal of what voters said at the start of Obama’s presidency 18 months ago when about 60 percent expressed confidence in his decision making.

CWforFreedom on July 13, 2010 at 11:20 AM

One of the “major” polling sites, http://www.pollingreport.com, laughably bills themselves as “independent” and “non partisan”, but have steadfastly refused to run Rasmussen polls, while at the same time running the now discredited Kos polling. I have repeatedly asked them why they refuse to carry Scott’s work, but they are afraid to answer.

Del Dolemonte on July 13, 2010 at 11:20 AM

Dude’s an amateur and he is proving that so many self-proclaimed smart people are not really that smart. Take your Harvard degree and stick it up your a**.

CWforFreedom on July 13, 2010 at 11:21 AM

Doughboy on July 13, 2010 at 11:11 AM

People laughed at me when I said the BO08 was a Marxist, and would be an incompetent, bumbling, disastrous Chief Executive and CIC because he’d never held a job that had any element of accountability of any kind. I said he was a featherweight, and a clown whose only talent was reading gibberish from a teleprompter in such a way as to hypnotize the feeble-minded, and they laughed.

The laughter has subsided.

mr.blacksheep on July 13, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Who in the heck are the 40%. That still seems pretty high to me.

Corky on July 13, 2010 at 10:57 AM

Figure the math…14% will never ever leave him, that is his base of bases, then 10% of the people/voters are nuts (on both sides of the aisle), then you had the 4-6% that have white guilt, academics, psuedo-intellectuals who always vote against the majority, and you have your 30%…the rest can’t say because they don’t want to be called racists.
But you can bet, any poll will show Obama in a better light.

right2bright on July 13, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Time for another speech…

PatriotRider on July 13, 2010 at 11:22 AM

“Maybe I’ll finally get out of the public doghouse.”

-Carter

Bishop on July 13, 2010 at 11:23 AM

fify

DrW on July 13, 2010 at 11:12 AM

Many thanks…

Corky on July 13, 2010 at 11:24 AM

Crrickets

CWforFreedom on July 13, 2010 at 11:25 AM

I think he gives Keynes a bad name.

OldEnglish on July 13, 2010 at 11:26 AM

Who in the heck are the 40%. That still seems pretty high to me.

I never thought Arkham Asylum could hold so many people.

year_of_the_dingo on July 13, 2010 at 11:27 AM

ROFL…same here. It’s hard to disappoint when you start at zero.

AUINSC on July 13, 2010 at 11:04 AM

Zero ?

gh on July 13, 2010 at 11:17 AM

I had him below zero also, but I really didn’t think his crash and burn would be this spectacular. Two more years of his presidency, how low can he go?

kam582 on July 13, 2010 at 11:29 AM

chrissy and the rest of the msm will blame it on us racist tea baggers don’cha know and those pesky GOP obstructionists
—-
they will continue to use the race card, guaranteed

cmsinaz on July 13, 2010 at 11:29 AM

The real epic fail is the state run media…

d1carter on July 13, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Yeah, well there was a time when the Frenchies thought the Maginot Line was a good idea too.

Tony737 on July 13, 2010 at 11:32 AM

“My faith in him and his beliefs hasn’t dropped one iota over the last three years.”

Bruce MacMahon on July 13, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Mine either. My faith started at zero, and hasn’t changed!

GFW on July 13, 2010 at 11:33 AM

I never thought Arkham Asylum could hold so many people. – Dingo

Haha, the Jokebama promised them all he’d pay their morgages!

Tony737 on July 13, 2010 at 11:34 AM

We (the 40%) have met the enemy and he is us! — POGO

Christian Conservative on July 13, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Mine either. My faith started at zero, and hasn’t changed!

Awesome. Me too. :)

echosyst on July 13, 2010 at 11:36 AM

watch chrissy have the rev. jackson on to talk about these polls…

cmsinaz on July 13, 2010 at 11:37 AM

Muuuhuuuuuhaaaa!!! excellent! is everyone preparing for the ballroom blitz this election will be?! I cant wait :0) I will for sure need a designated ‘calmer downer’ as I will be bouncing off the walls and yahooing and wooting in front of my house, lol

Right now I have my Dave Schweikert (AZ-05) sign AND a Nikki Haley sign on my lawn, I am waiting for my Marco Rubio and Sharron Angle signs too, a coast to coast pro GOP Tea Party lawn I have going here in AZ..

I think the GOP should on a state by state level also begin moving to CLOSE THEIR PRIMARIES and end any caucus BS. If you think Team O wont interfere in your candidate selection in 12 you are crazy.

In MI the Obots voted in force in the GOP primary to pick your candidate. That is partly why they blocked the DEM primary revotes since MI will only let you vote in one primary a year, lol and the Obots would have been unable to vote for their beloved one..

anyway why give the opportunity for shenanigans. close your primaries folks! We Dems have to wait til after O loses in ’12 to fix our broken nomination system since Obama is doing all he can to fix it for himself in 12…

ginaswo on July 13, 2010 at 11:37 AM

Economists have declared the economic recession over largely over

Only those who subscribe to the Paul Krugman School of Fantasy Economics.

NoLeftTurn on July 13, 2010 at 11:38 AM

The Dictator-wannabe will leave nothing behind but Scorched Earth.

southsideironworks on July 13, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Count it!

/crr6

Good Lt on July 13, 2010 at 11:05 AM

BWAAAHAAAHAAA!

fogw on July 13, 2010 at 11:38 AM

I believe it’s time to go on a world tour again criticizing the US for all the worlds problems and the place to start is in Greece at the Parthenon.

dragondrop on July 13, 2010 at 11:41 AM

Those are the folks that should take part in the polling. At least then we could get more accurate/realistic polling.

VibrioCocci on July 13, 2010 at 11:42 AM

Expect a bump when Obama takes credit for BP plugging the hole.

“I kept my boot on their neck, and I won.”

so let it be written,
so let it be done.

fogw on July 13, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Not really fair to rate him on handling the economy. Jerking off on the golf course isn’t handling the economy. I mean, ding him for ignoring the economy but he hasn’t done jack-sh*t to handle it.

Yip yip yahoo. The Repubics will be back in charge. We’ll have John McCain pushing Amnesty for Obama from the right. We’ll have various other useless GOP turds turning on the base once they are safely in office. Reform will turn to ‘living with it.’ Taking control will turn back to reach arounds across the aisle. Sorry. I don’t get excited about GOP controlled congress anymore.

austinnelly on July 13, 2010 at 11:50 AM

“Quick! Someone fire Gibbs’ ass and revive/resurrect Baghdad Bob! I’ll be in my bunker working on my putting and plans for a secret weapon to turn the tide of this remorseless onslaught!”

..cue Hitler-in-bunker parody in 5..4..3..

The War Planner on July 13, 2010 at 11:59 AM

austinnelly on July 13, 2010 at 11:50 AM

O-OOOOGA! O-OOOOGA! ..BUZZ HARSH ALERT! ..BUZZ HARSH ALERT! ..BUZZ HARSH ALERT!

The War Planner on July 13, 2010 at 12:01 PM

“Don’t worry honey, the nation is full of racists who can’t understand your greatness.”

-Michelle cooing into PBHO’s ear

Bishop on July 13, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Who in the heck are the 40%. That still seems pretty high to me.

The Yuuts who are still a few years away from actually having to work and pay taxes. Easy to be a socialist when mom and dad pay the bills.

Union thugs

Black voters

angryed on July 13, 2010 at 12:04 PM

Bishop on July 13, 2010 at 12:02 PM

cmsinaz on July 13, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Black voters

angryed on July 13, 2010 at 12:04 PM

That 90 plus number that we see on a regular basis in polling is truly disturbing.

CWforFreedom on July 13, 2010 at 12:06 PM

but Obama now owns the economy

NO HE DOESN’T! It’s all Bush’s fault! And that oil well thing too! And Cheney and Haliburton! And…and..and….

They’ve got a million excuses.

Come on November!

GarandFan on July 13, 2010 at 12:06 PM

This just in: NAACP declares that 54% of Americans are racist white supremacists.

PackerBronco on July 13, 2010 at 12:07 PM

Who in the heck are the 40%. That still seems pretty high to me.

Corky on July 13, 2010 at 10:57 AM

Bush didn’t srop below 40 until he started attacking his own base during his amnesty push. It is still early in Obama’s Presidency so his base, particularly black voters, are sticking with him and I bet there are many independents who aren’t quite ready to give up on him as a leader. Simply saying your President is inept is not an easy thing to admit, especially when you were foolish enough to vote for the guy.

He also still has the media on his side, so his bumbling is often sifted through a filter. Either way, this is a rapid decline.

Daemonocracy on July 13, 2010 at 12:09 PM

If CBS has the numbers that low then they are probably five to ten points worse in real unskewed polls.

eaglewingz08 on July 13, 2010 at 12:10 PM

CWforFreedom on July 13, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Which is why I say Hillary will not run against him. She can’t get the black vote and without the black vote she can’t win, either the primary or the general.

angryed on July 13, 2010 at 12:12 PM

Immediately upon reading this, Obummutt said “It doesn’t matter. We can still steal the next election. Let’s go to Maine and have another vacation!”

maryo on July 13, 2010 at 12:12 PM

eaglewingz08 on July 13, 2010 at 12:10 PM

It makes you wonder. I bet everyone that visits this site knows someone that lost their job recently. I have never seen it like this in my entire life.

CWforFreedom on July 13, 2010 at 12:12 PM

angryed on July 13, 2010 at 12:12 PM

You’re probably right but what I don’t get is do those 90 percent just put their brains in lock down mode? What possesses them?

CWforFreedom on July 13, 2010 at 12:13 PM

Complete news blackout on the Gulf.

Even on HotAir.

Not ONE mention ANYWHERE on the entire front page about any shred of the unfolding disaster.

Last night I, for lack of a thread, posted a breaking news report that the rest of the Louisiana coast had just been closed to fishing at 5 pm because the oil unexpectedly headed west toward Texas, AND that Obama had just imposed a SECOND job-killing moratorium.

Not ONE commenter responded to the post.

Yet, on the front page, there are threads on Mel Gibson, LeBron James, and Roman Polanski.

Where is the A-Whale? No one knows, and no reporting going on here. No follow-up.

Where’s the story about the new moratorium and Obaam’s F-U to a federal judge and to the residents of Louisiana? No reporting.

Where’s the story about the unchecked flow of oil since last week as BP tries to install a new cap?

Nothing, nothing, nothing.

That’s just great.

Have fun hollering about the NAACP while Obama crushes Louisiana’s collective neck under his boot, with nary a peep from HotAir.

Thanks a million.

cane_loader on July 13, 2010 at 12:18 PM

May you all choke on Chinese shrimp.

cane_loader on July 13, 2010 at 12:19 PM

Daggett on July 13, 2010 at 11:11 AM

Isn’t that the truth.

There was a PSA on this morning about how to study for your GED at home, simply by tuning into the free channel on the cable lineup…..

….the ad showed how to access the channel on a flat screen TV in an upscale living room.

Somehow not having a GED and upscale seem to be a dichotomous concept.

tru2tx on July 13, 2010 at 12:20 PM

angryed

AA is 15% of the pop, HRC won the Dem primaries she won the popular vote. she can win but she will not challenge him in ’12. she will be back in ’16, count on it, unless O appoints himself to SCOTUS which would be his dream job, 3 months off and he can lecture all America.

ginaswo on July 13, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Thanks a million.

cane_loader on July 13, 2010 at 12:18 PM

Yes we never talk about the BP Gulf disaster. EVER! /

CWforFreedom on July 13, 2010 at 12:24 PM

cane_loader on July 13, 2010 at 12:18 PM

Try sending an email to tips@hotair.com.

Ed and Allah always suggest that route versus a comment in a post.

tru2tx on July 13, 2010 at 12:26 PM

PackerBronco on July 13, 2010 at 12:07 PM

Better yet.

This just in: St. Louis Tea Party declares that 40% of the country consists of racist members of the new Black Panther and the NAACP.

BuckeyeSam on July 13, 2010 at 12:26 PM

A Joke

Tony Hayward, CEO of BP, invites Barack Obama to do a flyover of the Gulf oil spill in BP’s private plane. Along with them are Bill Clinton and a young Greenpeace volunteer. As they’re flying over the spill, the engines catch fire and the plane begins to hurtle uncontrollably toward the sea below.

The pilot calls back to the passengers: “We’re going down! I’ll keep flying as long as possible so you can save yourselves. Bail out now!”

But, because BP cut corners, there are only three parachutes for four passengers.

Hayward quickly snatches the first parachute. ”I’m the only person in the world with the expertise to solve this oil spill” he says, and jumps out.

Obama now dons a parachute, and before bailing out declares, “I’m the smartest president ever – only I can figure out a solution to this disaster!”

The Greenpeace volunteer turns to Bill Clinton and solemnly says, “You take the last parachute. I’m just one activist. But you head a large international charity, and you have the experience, resources and the compassion to do something about this terrible tragedy.”

Clinton chuckles as he pats the Greenpeace volunteer on the shoulder. ”Grab a ‘chute, kid,” Bill drawls, “the ‘smartest president ever’ just leapt out of the plane wearing your backpack!”

Greyledge Gal on July 13, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Cane weirdly when he searched to see if you posted on the BP mess in the past week I found nothing on this site.

And 4 days ago there was this HA post:

Hmmm no post of yours there.

CWforFreedom on July 13, 2010 at 12:29 PM

IF you could talk to Obama for 5 minutes what would you say? I’d tell him that I don’t like the dis-honesty, underhanded tactics and lying that the entrenched Democrats and their crooked operatives have accepted as a way of life apparently and give some specific examples…country first,Party second. There’s a lot of other things I don’t like, but 5 minutes is not along time. lol!!

jeanie on July 13, 2010 at 12:42 PM

CWforFreedom on July 13, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Why? We are now working on the 3rd generation of people living in constant victimhood. It’s easier to lay blame at another person’s feet rather than take responsibility for your own failings.

There are legitimate problems of inequality, but there are millions of Blacks who think EXACTLY like Obama. They believe they are the victim of “the man”, “corporate greed” or any other boogie man that can take the fall.

You have to remember that as a people American Blacks are somewhat paranoid. (In many cases rightly so)

Most Blacks relate to Obama’s stance of claiming victim status while screwing over someone else. It’s part and parcel of the hip-hop/rap community. It’s more prevalent than I believe most Americans realize.

ButterflyDragon on July 13, 2010 at 12:45 PM

AA is 15% of the pop, HRC won the Dem primaries she won the popular vote. she can win but she will not challenge him in ‘12. she will be back in ‘16, count on it, unless O appoints himself to SCOTUS which would be his dream job, 3 months off and he can lecture all America.

ginaswo on July 13, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Depends how it is calculated, she may or may not have won the popular vote.

And a lot of that was Republicans voting for her since the GOP race was over by Feb.

angryed on July 13, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Economists have declared the economic recession largely over …

Gee, not ALL economists? Not “over”, but “largely over” (love the use of the weasel word, “largely”)? Did they run this statement past Kruggerand, The Whore of “Spend More”?

ya2daup on July 13, 2010 at 12:55 PM

The plan to drive Democrats to the poll this November is too raise Joe Barton and John Boehner ‘s profile, and then smear them for being chummy with Big Oil….How much did BP contribute to Obama’s Presidential campaign again? Anyway this is what they were talking about on MSNBC so nothing like telegraphing your strategy.

Vilify the Republicans because some Americans are still employed in the Energy Industry, smooth move – who thunk up this strategy?

There are Americans, that can’t tell you who we fought, in the Revolutionary War against, for our Independence. There are Democrats, that had no idea that the Democrats held the majority in the House and Senate, when they voted for Barack Obama. They don’t know who Harry Reid or Nancy Pelosi are, and they are actual leaders of both the house and senate….but The Obama Administration is going to get them to figure out who Joe Barton and John Boehner are because the Republicans refuse to cooperate and hand them a leader of their party to attack. So they are going to make their own “face of the republican party” and then attack them. You can’t make this stuff up.

The Prez is really in trouble when he can’t even create a straw man to attack. It’s their own fault they dumbed down their constituents so far, this is what they get.

Dr Evil on July 13, 2010 at 12:55 PM

Sent tips to Ed and Allah at 6p CST yesterday

cane_loader on July 13, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Cane_Loader good for you. Still does change the facts of my past posts on this thread directed at you.

Oh and try a little patience.

CWforFreedom on July 13, 2010 at 1:10 PM

testing is there something wrong with the comments

Dr Evil on July 13, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Most of the Dems got on board because…after all, he is our first black, (half cracker) President. I can see that. I can see partisanship in this, and understand why. It’s kinda hard not to be. But I often wonder, how many, if they could answer honestly, have regrets.

It’s destroying the dem party, and Obama has no inclination to stop what he’s doing. He’s using the party, and they let themselves be used. He’s uses them to achieve what he truly wants. A reformation of this country, and all will be built in his image. Even if that means human suffering, and misery.

If the man doesn’t give a d@mn about his own brother living in a hut, in abject poverty…what makes anyone think he gives a d@mn about anyone here? It’s not about the country. It’s ALL ABOUT HIM!!!!

capejasmine on July 13, 2010 at 1:16 PM

testing is there something wrong with the comments

Dr Evil on July 13, 2010 at 1:11 PM

No it is just YOU Dr. Evil /

CWforFreedom on July 13, 2010 at 1:23 PM

testing is there something wrong with the comments

Dr Evil on July 13, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Some of them.

faraway on July 13, 2010 at 1:28 PM

testing is there something wrong with the comments

Dr Evil on July 13, 2010 at 1:11 PM

You have gone over the new word quota…you can sign up and increase your word quota per day for just $7.95 per month…

right2bright on July 13, 2010 at 1:29 PM

CBS did not make the internals of the poll available this morning, apparently waiting for its nightly news broadcast, so we can’t parse the sample or the other questions in the poll just yet. I’ll update this post when that data becomes available.

I’ll give the internals to you now, with the CBS nightly news lead:
“In the latest CBS poll of Tea Party members…..”

mrt721 on July 13, 2010 at 2:03 PM

BHO also owns the gusher in the gulf.

(Come to think of it, isn’t it racist to oppose the oil leak? Oil is black!)

The Rock on July 13, 2010 at 2:27 PM

alecj on July 13, 2010 at 11:07 AM

+1000!

But who are the wolves, and who are the sheep? Can conservatives unite and be the bigger wolf?

Steve Z on July 13, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Ed. Sean Hannity just shouted out to you on this thread.

ted c on July 13, 2010 at 3:19 PM

OT but related re the Gulf oil spill and cleanup:

The Heritage Foundation does some investigating and K-Lo interviews Rory Cooper about the results.

Good interview w/ Rory Cooper of The Heritage Foundation, who has spent several days with a crew in the Gulf:

onlineanalyst on July 13, 2010 at 3:36 PM

cane_loader on July 13, 2010 at 12:18 PM

I am equally ticked about this lack of attention to the Gulf spill. See my 3:36 pm post above.

Who gives a rat’s behind about these celebrities? We have a nation that is being undermined from the WH.

onlineanalyst on July 13, 2010 at 3:54 PM

I’m maybe three months from losing my home, no job in site, relying on ebay sales of my excess garage items, and I’m STILL NOT A DEMOCRAT. That little tactic backfired on them, thinking the newly-poor would turn to Teh One for their daily bread.

leftnomore on July 13, 2010 at 4:10 PM

Greyledge Gal on July 13, 2010 at 12:28 PM

I needed that.

leftnomore on July 13, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Greyledge Gal on July 13, 2010 at 12:28 PM

A+++

Del Dolemonte on July 13, 2010 at 4:32 PM

Obama’s going to be getting a 3:00 am call early next year… from Hilary. Bye,Bye BO. Hello Iowa!
Now that’s going to be fun to watch. BHO and HRC, blow to blow in the DC cage match of the decade. Hoping for another convention here in Mpls/St Paul in 2012. Bring plenty of popcorn.

chickasaw42 on July 13, 2010 at 5:51 PM