Video: 2008 primary election irregularities alleged in new documentary

posted at 11:36 am on July 12, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Put me down as skeptical on this one. Fox News interviews Gigi Gaston, a Democrat who produced a new documentary, We Will Not Be Silent 2008 that alleges irregularities in the 2008 Democratic primaries committed by the Barack Obama campaign. Gaston accuses Obama and his team of stealing the election from Hillary Clinton through voter fraud, intimidation, and dirty tricks (via The Right Scoop):

The allegations appear to be entirely confined to caucus states, which is one of the reasons I’m skeptical. Caucuses are bare-knuckled brawls where the parties make the rules and the campaigns routinely and viciously fight over them. I have no trouble believing that Team Obama played hardball and cut as many corners as they could without getting caught. What I have trouble believing is that Hillary Clinton wasn’t doing the exact same thing in these states. After all, Hillary was hardly a babe in the woods. The Clinton Machine had been fighting these battles since Obama was in high school. Now we’re suddenly to believe that they were manning the Good Ship Lollipop in 2008 and were shocked, shocked to find that caucuses aren’t played by Marquess de Queensbury rules?

This is one of the reasons that I believe primaries are usually a better way to select nominees, especially for higher offices. They’re not impervious to fraud and abuse, but it’s a more level ground, and the stakes for committing malfeasance are at least somewhat higher than in caucuses.

Update: I’ve gotten a couple of testy e-mails from the producers, but after watching the clips from the still-incomplete documentary, I’m still not convinced that this somehow rises above the usual elbows and sucker punches one sees at caucuses. But more to the point, if this is all somehow true and Obama “stole” the nomination from Hillary, then why did Hillary (a) endorse Obama, (b) campaign for him, and (c) leave the Senate to take the SecState job? Are we to believe that the biggest victim of the theft is somehow playing along with it? After all, she could have easily stayed in the Senate, win re-election this year (Republicans may not even be able to beat her replacement, and geared up for a 2012 primary challenge to Obama. The fact that she didn’t should tell people that the collection of irregularities doesn’t amount to a stolen election.

This is still a very useful documentary, and well worth watching, for another reason: to show why states should dump the caucus system and stick with primaries. When you see complainants attempting to explain the arcane rules, forms, and customs of caucuses in order to explain how they believe the Obama team manipulated and defrauded the system, the viewer is left wondering why any rational community would put up with a system like caucusing.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Steve Z, the reason it’s coming out now (even thought it’s been out since 2008) is that the focus is back on voting and voting rights and whether the DOJ will enforce voting laws.

rlyle on July 12, 2010 at 12:47 PM

Hillary’s campaign appears to have been caught flat-footed. But I’ll share the skepticism that Hillary would never have done this if she had thought of it.

tom on July 12, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Hillary is the dems back-up plan if Obama can’t turn his numbers around by 2012. This may be her people just starting to lay the groundwork. I believe there is a logistical reason why Hillary is being kept away from Obama’s disasters. Shes smart, she knew to keep away from the Senate and from the internal-focused cabinet, yet attain a position in the government that was still important. Now if Obama becomes unsalvagable, she can swoop in to save the day.

tflst5 on July 12, 2010 at 12:48 PM

^ Prediction: Obama still gets more than 50% of the women’s vote in 2012.

ddrintn on July 12, 2010 at 12:48 PM

I think the reason this doc resurfaced is because either they contacted FOX and said HELLO, we have tons of proof of voter intimidation and fraud, or FOX contacted them – this all came about because the NBP voter intimidation debacle is in the news.

I don’t believe the Hillary supporters (at least the hundreds that I came into contact with) have an evil ulterior motives or sneaky agendas. There were a lot of die hard supporters who became more involved then usual, and were gob-smacked to witness first hand the dirty tactics used by the Democrats – the party many of us foolishly believed actually cared about “Democracy”. My eyes have been opened in many ways.

And yes, some PUMAS did vote Obama – I used to belong to some chat groups and some just couldn’t vote McCain. And as I said, that’s why the many, many different groups out there broke up. Some stayed die hard liberals, and many of us, more centrists, bailed and shifted right.

sarainitaly on July 12, 2010 at 12:49 PM

This is really big news and deserves not to be brushed aside with “Well they did it too!” BS.

indy8 on July 12, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Couldn’t agree more. The conservative intelligentsia has done this country a tremendous diservice disservice by largely ignoring how Obama got where he is today. Anyone with a brain knows Obama’s bio doesn’t add up (I’m not just talking about his birth certificate), but yet his political enemies are among his staunchest defenders. They scoff and jeer at those asking questions. If they don’t want to dig into it that’s fine, but why do people like Ed go out of their way to cover for the man? In this instance we’ve got Democrats shooting at Obama. Whether they are right or not(though I believe they are), conservatives should just step back and let them fire away.

flyfisher on July 12, 2010 at 12:31 PM

Geez

flyfisher on July 12, 2010 at 12:52 PM

tflst5 on July 12, 2010 at 12:48 PM

I’ve heard the chatter that he will make her VP, which is obviously a blatant attempt to get her supporters back, and get him re-elected.

That will not work on me. And it will not work on many old PUMAS. Which is why I said the only thing that will change my feelings toward her is if she actually challenges him as an Indy in 2012. And even then, not sure I would vote for her.

sarainitaly on July 12, 2010 at 12:52 PM

You’re naive Ed… Team Obama was notoriously thugish when it came to the caucuses…

ninjapirate on July 12, 2010 at 11:56 AM

Exactly. Ed, you do understand that these are the same thugs who:
-blanketed the Gulf with illegal moratoriums,
-are suing Arizona,
-ignoring Black Panther intimidation,
-scorch-earthed Gerald Walpin,
-are destroying the medical profession,
-are aiming to squelch dissent on AM radio,
-instituting an affirmative action policy for marxists,
-overturned a funding ban on ACORN,
-hiring SEIU goons via Andy Stern to defenestrate CEOs,
-fudging unemployment benchmarks downward on a dime,
-islamicizing NASA
-ostracizing news outlets who enlighten the public on govt malfeasence.
-Et effing cetera.

Hello! Paging Sanity! “Skeptical”? Ed, it’s time to come out from behind the LCD for a while and tour the soviet disunion of Amerika. All the best. Bring a copy of your tax returns with you.

Western_Civ on July 12, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Esthier on July 12, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Schadenfreude:

Somebody I know was overjoyed to see Hillary claw her way to nearly grasp the position of POTUS and then have it snatched by The One. The Dem’s exploitation of the minority vote, corruption of the concept of diversity for the increase of state power, wasting of trillions of dollars on doomed programs for the benefit of targeted voting groups had finally come back and was sitting there beating her pants off. I wasn’t overjoyed. I was thinking bad and worse.

If the adminstration can’t get the nation out of the ditch, the Dems will not even have schadenfreude. Heck, they can’t even criticize Him.

IlikedAUH2O on July 12, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Thanks for your earnest and honest efforts in this matter, Gigi!

swimcoachmike on July 12, 2010 at 12:54 PM

There are, when all is said and done, several factions within the Democratic Party who are simply crooked(and worse). The Democratic Party has done nothing to disavow them, purge them or even attempt to control them. They encourage them in fact–use them as tools. I would be more than happy to think that these folks doing the video are pointing fingers simply for the sake of the law and basic honesty. Can’t–that Party carries too much baggage and makes no attempt to lighten the load. Will take more than a video to prove change as far as I’m concerned…or to give Hillary any traction.

jeanie on July 12, 2010 at 12:54 PM

Sarainitaly, there is no doubt in my mind that whoever installed Zero, has studied our election process and is making plans right now to adjust for ’10 and ’12… We need to be on guard and be prepared with cameras etc. Because having worked this hard to control our gov’t… Trust me they aren’t going to give it up w/o a fight figuratively and literally… So we better get the stomach to fight too… Let’s learn from Hillary’s experience…

CCRWM on July 12, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Somebody said abortion is all the Democrats have to offer women and with this country becoming pro life I think women will desert them in droves… We’re all Mama Grizzlies now!

CCRWM on July 12, 2010 at 12:43 PM

I agree – also a lot of women are just getting older and refuse to be held hostage by that issue any longer. Especially with the development of drugs like RU486.

Personally, it meant a lot to me to see a woman like Palin make the tough choice that she did, and to me, that was a true role model.

sarainitaly on July 12, 2010 at 12:58 PM

There is good reason for skepticism, but when I saw this interview yesterday, and footage of a woman telling how she saw another woman being threatened, if she didn’t vote for Obama….just reeked of what we’re seeing now, with the New Black Panthers.

I’ve no doubts it’s cut throat, but Obama’s team obviously forgot that intimidation at voting places, is ILLEGAL. No one should forget that. Got it? Holder? Do you understand that????

capejasmine on July 12, 2010 at 1:00 PM

rockmom on July 12, 2010 at 12:23 PM

There may have been very few women, but Valerie Jarrett, at least, was there from the get-go.

notropis on July 12, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Sarainitaly, there is no doubt in my mind that whoever installed Zero, has studied our election process and is making plans right now to adjust for ‘10 and ‘12… We need to be on guard and be prepared with cameras etc. Because having worked this hard to control our gov’t… Trust me they aren’t going to give it up w/o a fight figuratively and literally… So we better get the stomach to fight too… Let’s learn from Hillary’s experience…

CCRWM on July 12, 2010 at 12:58 PM

They’ve definitely rendered the race card useless.

I’ve always wondered if the Repubs didn’t fight the election of Obama too hard because they thought his election might do a lot to mend the race relations/reparations demands in the country. I have also heard people wonder if the Repubs didn’t want to deal with the mess and wanted to wait till 2012 to come back.

sarainitaly on July 12, 2010 at 1:04 PM

I’m sure there was some chicanery involved, but to base it on the race of the people voting is not a good idea, in my opinion.

pookysgirl on July 12, 2010 at 12:11 PM

See this:

Jeff, a precinct captain for Clinton from Davenport, Iowa, thought his caucus was in the bag for his candidate, until just minutes before the voting actually began.

“From 6-6:30 p.m., it appeared as I had expected. Young, old males, females, Hispanics, whites, gay and lesbian friends arriving. Very heavily for Ms. Clinton, a fair amount for Edwards and some stragglers for Obama,” he said.

That makeup corresponded to what he had witnessed from many precinct walks he had made through local neighborhoods.

“My mind began to feel victory for my lady,’ he said. “THEN: at 6:50 p.m., over 75 people of African-American descent came walking in, passed the tables and sat in the Obama section. I knew one of them from my canvassing. I knew another one who did not live in this precinct. And aside from four or five families that live on Hillandale Road, there are no other black people in this unusually white precinct. And one of those black couples were in my Hillary section,” he said.

Thanks to the last-minute influx of unknown Obama supporters, Obama won twice the number of delegates from the precinct as Hillary Clinton.

After it was over, “a very large bus was seen in the parking lot afterwards carrying these folks back” to Illinois, Jeff said.

If this is where the idea came from, this guy’s testimony, then it’s based on his observations of having worked & canvassed the area.
So it’s not being based on race, per se, as it is based on the fact that the precinct is mostly white & that the blacks that came to vote, one of which the guy KNEW did not live in the precinct, did not belong there.

Badger40 on July 12, 2010 at 1:06 PM

tflst5 on July 12, 2010 at 12:48 PM

If she were all that smart (and mortally wronged), she would have had nothing to do with an Obama administration. She’s tainted now. HRC’s time was 2004 or 2008, and the train left the station without her. She’s still good for the odd anti-Palin snipe, though.

IlikedAUH2O on July 12, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Absolutely. Team Hillary was hoist with its own Dem petard. I can’t say I’m all that teared up over it.

ddrintn on July 12, 2010 at 1:06 PM

And I’m not denying the existence of a Clinton machine, or that Dems never cheated – but I can tell you from having been *there* during all of this – there were millions of Clinton supporters who were just there to support their candidate and were blown away at the amount of fraud and corruption they witnessed. A lot of these supporters were not 24/7 politicos, just average voters, mostly women, of all ages, who were excited and wanted to support their *gal*.

sarainitaly on July 12, 2010 at 1:08 PM

And this is coming out less than 4 months before the next election, why???

katy on July 12, 2010 at 11:46 AM

I can’t say I’ve done any documentaries, but it seems that it would take a while if you’re going to do any serious research into politics across a number of states. 18 months or so doesn’t seem unreasonable.

tom on July 12, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Put me down as skeptical on this one.

That is because you was a milquetoast. I swear, Ed, Obama could murder your family in front of your eyes and you would post that you weren’t sure if he did it.

Blarg the Destroyer on July 12, 2010 at 1:09 PM

And this is a good reason for requiring proof of ID as to who you are & with your current address on it to prove you can vote in the primary there.

Badger40 on July 12, 2010 at 1:09 PM

sarainitaly on July 12, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Sorry, but about the only delicious thing I can think of in the fact that Hillary was beaten was the spectacle of a standard bearer of a party that LIVES on cynical exploitation of identity politics was being taken down by identity politics. That was hilarious.

ddrintn on July 12, 2010 at 1:13 PM

Does that make the election irregularities any less significant? Any less illegal?

If both candidates did it, then both are unsuited for the position. It doesn’t give either campaign a pass, and you shouldn’t allow Obama to get away with his usual finger-pointing excuses.

James on July 12, 2010 at 1:14 PM

…nor should you start doing it for him.

James on July 12, 2010 at 1:15 PM

ddrintn on July 12, 2010 at 1:13 PM

At this point, I have to agree with you. At the time, it was painful, but having had my eyes opened, and now seen the truth. It was painful, but a much needed awakening.

I love a video that Zo made about the Dems being the party of the poor, therefore they “need the poor”.

sarainitaly on July 12, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Part of the problem seems to be the free wheeling, easy, unfettered process of the caucus system. Perhaps one could start there with some kind of reform? Know little about it, but from what I’ve read here it resembles fraud waiting to happen.

jeanie on July 12, 2010 at 1:18 PM

Palin’s people have to be especially alert for this.

You watch. Obama will bus in half of Calumet City into Iowa and have them self-identify as rocked-ribbed Republicans. Axelrod will flood Iowa with the South Side to have them caucus for Mittens.

Palin needs to start hiring attorneys NOW to prevent this.

victor82 on July 12, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Second look at Hillary?

Put Bubba on the job. He’s got the dog-pack instincts.

mojo on July 12, 2010 at 1:29 PM

It establishes a pattern of behavior.

Count to 10 on July 12, 2010 at 1:31 PM

This is really, really old news.

CC

CapedConservative on July 12, 2010 at 1:32 PM

That’s the Chicago way.

Blacklake on July 12, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Primaries are preferable.

And, I’m glad to now be in Indiana, with a photo ID required for in-person voting.

cs89 on July 12, 2010 at 1:40 PM

“Ohio!”

– Keith Olbermann

YYZ on July 12, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Hillary might know her time is past – that does not mean that the Clinton team will not extract payback against Obama et al. Look at what has happened in the past few weeks – reems of high profile people who voted for Obama now publicly bashing him? Carvel, Streisand, Immelt the list goes on, all have one thing in common, the Clinton’s are their first loyalty. Also, Bill pushed Obama to go all out on HCR knowing full well by the temperature of the country that it was going to blow up in his face … they might not be delusional enough to think they can take the White House themselves, but they will make sure that Obama is the next Jimmy Carter.

Govgirl on July 12, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Hey! Any discord within the ranks of the Democratic Party prior to November should be STRONGLY encouraged.

GarandFan on July 12, 2010 at 2:09 PM

rlyle on July 12, 2010 at 12:47 PM

Did you use the words “DOJ” “enforce” and “voting” in the same sentence?

Only if the intimidators are GOP or wearing bed sheets, my friend.

I got an email. Some kids know no history!

Ahem… the real racists I spoke of above were usually Dems who behaved in a threatening and possibly illegal manner in some (caucus) states. Start with Dixiecrat if you Google. But it was not limited to the deep south and did not include everyone with a problem with CRA 64.

IlikedAUH2O on July 12, 2010 at 2:11 PM

See Hillbuzz.

bloggless on July 12, 2010 at 2:12 PM

sarainitaly on July 12, 2010 at 1:08 PM

I have no doubt there are millions of D voters that are just honest liberals that think their destructive policies are what a good & kind society should do. After all, the media & educational establishment have been telling the public for decades that Republicans/conservatives are a bunch of racist, sexist, homophobes that want to bring back Jim Crow, women back to the kitchen, etc., etc.

But this sort of stuff has gone on for decades, as well, some people’s eyes just got opened when they played all this stuff on their own side, not just on the Republicans. That and the perfect storm of race politics, Chicago Machine politics & the unions that was the Obama campaign.

However, the Hillary campaign wasn’t exactly on the ball, either. They felt they were entitled and the team fought with one another constantly, the names I remember off the top of my head are Pati Solis-Doyle & Mark Penn. Plus, did Solis-Doyle not give the Hillary campaign workers the weekend off before the Hawkeye Caucai for some sort of Grey’s Anatomy slumber party marathon? I swear I have read that several places. Which speaks to both entitlement & ineptitude.

lizzie beth on July 12, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Mainly just did it as a blatantly out of context dig at the milquetoast conservative movement. Nothing personal.

ClassicCon on July 12, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Other words, you didn’t understand my post…you should have just said it.
Let me explain the simple concept…when two enemies of yours are fighting, step back and let them destroy each other, let them use their own resources. The victor will be weaker, and the defeated will be severely damaged.
You are not very astute, this is pretty basic political warfare policy. Nothing personal…

right2bright on July 12, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Oh, I forgot, just read John Fund over the years to see all the evidence of voter fraud that they Democrats have regularly relied on for years & years. Dino Rossi/Christine Gregoire and the votes found in King County, Al Franken in the Senate are just the two I can think of off the top of my head.

lizzie beth on July 12, 2010 at 2:16 PM

It is ludicris for Fox to act like this is breaking news, as the woman herself states that she tried to offer this story far and wide, to no avail. The documentary in question only touches on some (though egregious eough) of the ways by which Obama stole the nomination from HRC. ZFor those of you interested in the documentary itself, I linked to 4 of 5 of the segments in the 3rd to the last paragraph here…

… beyond the things this woman addressess but you’ll find in the above link, is the role played by the Axelrod 5th columnist Patti Solis-Doyle, HRC’s campaign manager until it was too late and the damage was done.

Archimedes on July 12, 2010 at 2:20 PM

I think Obama went far beyond the traditional shenanigans that occur in caucuses, and committed illegal acts that Hilary could not have gotten away with (otherwise she would have done the same things). I don’t think any Republican, or any white Democrat, could have gotten away with the things Obama did. I’ve been reading about all of the things in this documentary for the last 2 years, it’s not new, and the MSM has for the most part ignored it.

mbs on July 12, 2010 at 2:23 PM

lizzie beth on July 12, 2010 at 2:16 PM

And let’s not forget how they attempted to steal 2000 for the sex pooodle by demanding recounts until Gore won, manipulating and interpreting chads and getting out their crystal balls for “voter intent”…naturally everyone intended to vote for Gore. When the shoe goes on the Clintonista foot it pinches a bit, huh? This would be more credible if they decried all attempts at voter fraud including attempts to disenfranchise our military!

clnurnberg on July 12, 2010 at 2:24 PM

Govgirl on July 12, 2010 at 1:45 PM

I wouldn’t put it past Bubba. He’s very proud of being the only Dem since FDR to be reelected. He also was pissed that he didn’t get to 50% in 1996, so O’s 53, or whatever it was, probably annoys the hell out of him.

lizzie beth on July 12, 2010 at 2:24 PM

PUMA (party unity my ass!)
When I read about some of the incidents at the caucuses I wrote the DNC, left the Democratic Party and never looked back. Voter Registration fraud was given a pass by Brunner in OH, troops fighting in Iraq not getting their votes counted, Too much water under the bridge for me to ever vote for a Democrat ever again. I’m campaigning for Peter Corrigan for the 10th District (Kucinich has got to go) and Kasich for OH Governor.

elclynn on July 12, 2010 at 2:25 PM

Other words, you didn’t understand my post…you should have just said it.

right2bright on July 12, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Noticed you didn’t include the first part of my post why show I fully understand your amateurish post. Will say it once again, you posted the “popcorn reply”…like I said old as internet message boards. But obviously it is still something fresh and clever to you.

Another shining example of the khaki conservative commandos. I can only imagine how hard you were stroking yourself when Scott Brown was election and considered that a victory.

Like I said…amateur… But don’t get all butthurt, it was not directed at you specifically. Just the clueless conservative voter that you happen to represent. You are the next generation of Perotista.

ClassicCon on July 12, 2010 at 2:27 PM

Before the election I knew NOT to give Obama the benefit of the doubt. I know he was a liar and everything about him stunck. Now folks are waking up, too late.

I give little benefit of the doubt to most all politicians, They are all liars and thugs in 3 piece Armani suits.

pabo on July 12, 2010 at 2:27 PM

clnurnberg on July 12, 2010 at 2:24 PM

That’s the part that really Pi**ed me off. That was the final outrage for me. ACORN in OH and voter registration fraud given a pass by Brunner was part of the icing on the cake.

elclynn on July 12, 2010 at 2:28 PM

Must be the Demrat plan flood the polls with illegal voters!
Whose gonna stop them ?NOT THE OBAMA JUSTICE DEPT!
They are on record above.
New Black Panthers meet Mr. Ruger!

Mayhaps then the Justice Dept. will get interested!

dhunter on July 12, 2010 at 2:30 PM

and I will NEVER ever forgive the MSM or the Dem party for what they did to Geraldine Ferraro.

pabo on July 12, 2010 at 2:36 PM

of course youre skepitcal Ed you have a baaad case of CDS. As someone who sup[ported Hillary I assure you there were endless shenanigans. He COULD NOT WIN A PRIMARY. Only caucuses, where no ID is required and you ‘convince’ the others to join your candidate, koolaid brigades bused in, no ID, locking HRC voters out of the TX two step, Big Dawg saw it himself in NV. There is a reason they think they can keep NV, SHENANIGANS!! They wouldnt let HRC supporters off their shifts and were busing in Obama union workers across the country to rally and vote.

if the GOP does not think it will happen to them they are morons, not skeptics.

ginaswo on July 12, 2010 at 2:41 PM

Must be the Demrat plan flood the polls with illegal voters!
Whose gonna stop them ?NOT THE OBAMA JUSTICE DEPT!

dhunter on July 12, 2010 at 2:30 PM

Like I said, this isn’t news to anyone that’s informed on the right, John Fund has been on this beat for YEARS! They’ve been stealing elections for ages.

I guess the meme that some conservatives are liberals that have been mugged is at work here, the Obama thugs were the muggers.

lizzie beth on July 12, 2010 at 2:44 PM

PS Ed wake the hell up, HRC had NO MONEY after IOWA!!!! IMO it was an inside job on the financing ‘shortfall’ by that hack who left her campaign staff and then was apptd Obamas future VP chief of staff.

when we the voters, came back and kept bankrolling HRC, the Dem leadership fully panicked, they expected after STEALING IOWA to push her out after RACE CARD SC.

But Hill kept winning ALL THE BIG ELECTORAL STATES Ed.

of course Hill and Bill expected to win the nomination! Reid and Schumer setup Obama to run against her, it is in the Mark Helperin book.

Ahh Patti Solis Doyle thats the name of the one I think threw the early primaries, Hillary totally trusted her, she was form Chicago and her brother worked for Axelrasputin, big mistake.

anyway NO RATIONAL person would pass on the candidate who won OH CA MASS TX PA electoral votes for a newbie who bused in caucus voters to Iowa. puuullleze.

dont worry Hillraisers, Romney will win in ’12 and if the GOP doesnt listen to we Tea Party Patriots, I predict all the mod Dems and Indies will swing back and vote for HRC in ’16. You heard it here :0)

ginaswo on July 12, 2010 at 2:46 PM

..Noticed you didn’t include the first part of my post why show I fully understand your amateurish post. ClassicCon on July 12, 2010 at 2:27 PM

I don’t usually post the who post again, since the time line shows where people can read the whole post…the first part was as you say “popcorn”, just a cutting remark from someone who did not understand what I was posting…
But good try on covering your stupidity…really.
Oh, and notice I didn’t show the last part of your post…have fun with that.
But it was worth it, you learned something, glad I could help you out.
Now remember, when two enemies fight, stand back…no wait you think you should get involved…well, please, stay on the porch and let the big dogs run the street, you will just get hurt.
You don’t know me, but you seem to want to pick a fight…have at it my young friend…Nothing personal…but please, please, read some, learn some, then take on the big boys, and finish your vegetables, you will need the strength.

right2bright on July 12, 2010 at 2:47 PM

While there may be some real pumas out there, I do not personally know one single Hillary supporter who voted for McCain. Not one. All the ones I knew went hopey changey with a vengeance, cried tears of joy when Obama was elected, and still have those stupid bumper stickers “got hope?” on their cars.

clnurnberg on July 12, 2010 at 2:51 PM

lizzie beth on July 12, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Completely agree. I had my eyes wide shut. now they are wide open!

ginaswo on July 12, 2010 at 2:41 PM

Hi Ginaswo!! Doesn’t it amaze you that people have never seen this stuff before?

sarainitaly on July 12, 2010 at 2:58 PM

clnurnberg on July 12, 2010 at 2:51 PM

Hi, I’m sara. I was a hillary supporter, turned puma, voted mccain and am now a right leaning indy, who will never vote Democrat again. nice to meet you.

sarainitaly on July 12, 2010 at 3:01 PM

ginaswo on July 12, 2010 at 2:41 PM

Very true, and most on the R-side of the aisle are unfamiliar with how the caucus systems work as they don’t use this archaic and highly manipulable method.

Axelrods gameplan from the outset was to rig the caucus system and he bussed in graduates from Obama Camp who trained in “get in their faces” tactics while the more experienced in political dirty tricks like ACORN, SEIU,etc. “lost voter reg forms, locked caucus hall doors and evry manner of subversion of voter’s rights imaginable.

Again, I highly reccommend reading….

…which goes into detail on the various means employed by Team Obama. If we are to prevent this happening again in ’10 & ’12 we must know what to watch for. As every tactician and strategist since the time of Sun Tzu has preached, you must study and understand your enemy to defeat him. Despite CO’s Buck backing away from Tancredo’s charge “that the man in the White House is the greatest threat to America today”,the charge is none the less true. Barack Hussein Obama and his minions are the enemy, so study up and know him & his ilk well, to do otherwise is dereliction of duty!

Archimedes on July 12, 2010 at 3:03 PM

The video speaks for itself and the facts, if they are facts, will do the same. The dismissal of it all which follows is shallow and unworthy of this blog.

If there was voter fraud in the primary election, then I’d like to know about it.

First, this is not a documentary by Hillary Clinton. So, it has nothing to do with what Clinton thought or didn’t think about caucus rules. No one has suggested the Clinton campaign thought caucuses were run by “Marquess de Queensbury rules” or that they were “shocked” to discover otherwise. This piece has nothing whatsoever to do with what the Clinton campaign thought and setting up an argument, taking it to an unwarranted extreme and then striking it down is a tired debating trick and wholly irrelevant to any serious discussion.

Just watch Barack Obama for a real-life demonstration; he does it every day.

I think we can all agree that the Clinton campaign was caught off-guard by the degree of organization and the aggressiveness of the Obama campaign, particularly in the early votes, particularly in caucus states. They weren’t ready for the Obama campaign at all (e.g., Hillary’s “get serious” quote after the vote in Iowa) but most certainly weren’t ready to go toe-to-toe in the caucuses.

We all followed reports of people being locked out of caucus halls, ballots being confiscated by the Obama people, outright intimidation, hall-packing by bussed-in operatives. What’s the difference, it seems you’re asking?

By racking up victories in caucus states, where they could control the process through sheer numbers and (if true), tactics specifically designed to avoid an accurate reflection of the will of the party’s voters, the Obama campaign was able to cache votes that eventually led to his victory, as well as a sense of “momentum” that fueled the Obama PR presidential campaign, as we all know.

To dismiss allegations of outright voter fraud with a “Well, Hillary should have known everybody commits voter fraud in caucuses (to paraphrase the commentary),” is patently ridiculous.

IndieDogg on July 12, 2010 at 3:11 PM

clnurnberg on July 12, 2010 at 2:51 PM

sarainitaly on July 12, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Me too!

pabo on July 12, 2010 at 3:31 PM

For someone who could not win a primary, he sure won the general in November. The math doesn’t work.

clnurnberg on July 12, 2010 at 3:34 PM

lizzie beth on July 12, 2010 at 2:44 PM
sarainitaly on July 12, 2010 at 3:01 PM
ginaswo on July 12, 2010 at 2:46 PM
Etc.

Welcome…
Until Republicans have some power, none of this will see daylight until long after the effects have taken place.
I’m glad, for whatever reason, you have joined the conservatives…
Sorry, but HRC is damaged goods, I know many don’t like to hear that, but she cooked her own goose by being Sec. of State, Obama has made a fool out of her, she won’t be able to recover.
She will be 70 years old, and carrying a lot of baggage. A force, but not strong enough to win the nomination.
Question: What does an “indy” need from the conservative party to feel comfortable…since no real thoughtful voter is a one issue voter, what 2 or 3 issues of conservatives bothers you, and which one do you support?

right2bright on July 12, 2010 at 3:37 PM

J. Christian Adams talked about the primaries in his testimony last week. He claimed there were reports of Philly style thuggery taking place during primary season. The issue is NOT just caucuses. They also talk about people being turned away from the primary polls unless they were Obama voters.

The president is in this DEEP and yet no one wants to even question it. If this doesn’t get sorted before November and before 2012, they’re going to do it again and we’re going to be REALLY screwed.

Mad Mad Monica on July 12, 2010 at 4:10 PM

right2bright on July 12, 2010 at 3:37

I’m not a PUMA, lol. I’m a lifelong conservative who votes Republican and Libertarian. I did, however, participate in Operation Chaos in Texas, and the evening caucus was eyeopening. I’d always kinda known that the Ds participated in shenanigans, but to witness it first hand was startling. I live in John Culberson’s district, which is mostly, and where I live is is indicative of the district generally, an upper middle class almost exclusively white suburban district. That’s not exactly what showed up at the caucus I attended.

lizzie beth on July 12, 2010 at 4:22 PM

clnurnberg on July 12, 2010 at 2:51 PM

Lynn Forester de Rothschild famously supported McCain.

Buy Danish on July 12, 2010 at 4:33 PM

right2bright on July 12, 2010 at 3:37 PM

I can’t speak for others, but I will never vote D again.

Here are my top 3 concerns that any R must address to win me.

economic and energy independence(When you have that allot falls into place)
secured borders/immigration control
Health care choice

pabo on July 12, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Caucus Selected …
Not Elected

Makes a nifty placard.

JerseyJeff on July 12, 2010 at 4:51 PM

Word is that the Dems (via Obama’s direction, apparently) been quietly changing the rules of the caucus/primary elections so that no one can do to him what he did to others. I can’t remember where I read it, but it was just a couple of weeks ago…..

TeresainFortWorth on July 12, 2010 at 4:51 PM

The HELL you say !!

cableguy615 on July 12, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Kudos to those who mentioned Hillbuzz above and on the first page – this is the thrust of their entire argument for Sarah Palin and is no secret whatsoever to those paying attention to The Destroyer.

In fact, much the same was covered, albeit about the Illinois Senate race, in the article in the New Yorker, you know the one with the famous cover and the article that no one read?

Geez, what’ll be be in the headlines tomorrow? Frank Marshall Davis?

Come on!

turfmann on July 12, 2010 at 4:57 PM

economic and energy independence(When you have that allot falls into place)
secured borders/immigration control
Health care choice

pabo on July 12, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Awesome, see I think most of America agrees with those three. So in a way I think you do speak for millions.
I get the border, I am assuming you mean a total energy program, responsible drilling, mining, and new tech.
But the vague one is Health care choice…what do you mean my choice.
And here is a great quote from Thomas Sowell, a man I admire above most all.

If we cannot afford to pay for doctors, hospitals and pharmaceutical drugs now, how can we afford to pay for doctors, hospitals and pharmaceutical drugs, in addition to a new federal bureaucracy to administer a government-run medical system?

No matter what action the government takes, it will add costs to the medical care…costs are costs, the government does not eliminate costs, unless it lowers taxes, and fees.
Otherwise it raises costs.

right2bright on July 12, 2010 at 5:25 PM

right2bright on July 12, 2010 at 5:25 PM

I am a US citizen living abroad, health care here works only reasonably fair due to lack of corruption, and sky high taxes. Also it is just not scalable for 300 million people. USA is not a one size fits all country. so I think it should be left up to the states themselves.

pabo on July 12, 2010 at 5:34 PM

As I predicted…that chryon message got through to you all loud and clear! Allegations…unsubstantiated fantasy really…is all it takes for you numbskulls to run with a story. Do me a favor and forward me one of the chain letters! Just be sure to learn to spell beforehand.

ernesto on July 12, 2010 at 5:37 PM

Not only do I know PLENTY of Hillary supporters who voted for McCain, I know PLENTY of PUMA’s who worked their butts off for McCain/Palin. These PUMA’s tried to warn us about the Obama thugs.

The Obama thugs called them ho’s. The played this song “I Got 99 problems and a bitch ain’t one of them. Their slogan was “Bro’s before ho’s.”

There is a reason why the democrats refer to the republicans as the stupid party. The moderates in the party are too stupid to fight. Well the conservatives are fixin for a fight. We are lined up with the moderate democrats and the libertarian independents. And we are going to kick your butts this November.

Keep rooting for Romney. You will do nothing but re-elect the community terrorizer-in-chief!

Jayrae on July 12, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Hey Ed, it’s not important whether you or I believe this charge, only that Hillary supporters believe it. Obama supporters could care less about his lies and corruption.

volsense on July 12, 2010 at 5:42 PM

ernesto on July 12, 2010 at 5:37 PM

You mean “chyron?”

Dude, you’re a walking caricature.

notropis on July 12, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Well Ed I guess you didn’t do any work to elect McCain/Palin. Those of us who did met these PUMA’s. The told us of the thuggery. These PUMA’s worked harder than any republicans to elect McCain.

Actions speak louder than words ED.

Jayrae on July 12, 2010 at 6:02 PM

ernesto on July 12, 2010 at 5:37 PM

LOL, your utter lack of knowledge about TV production is duly noted. It’s “chyron”.

As for “unsubstantiated allegations”, tell that to your New York Times, which happily ran a bogus story on John McCain having an affair, while ignoring the real affair story about a Democrat named John Edwards.

You’re dismissed, kid.

Del Dolemonte on July 12, 2010 at 6:10 PM

pabo on July 12, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Me either. Nor the disgusting personal attacks on Palin and her family.

elclynn on July 12, 2010 at 6:22 PM

clnurnberg on July 12, 2010 at 2:51 PM

I’ll follow Sara’s lead….HI, my name is Lynn and I campaigned and voted for McCain/Palin. My yardsign said “Democrat for McCain”. I never bought into “hopey changey” as a platform to govern our exceptional country. Nice to meet you.

elclynn on July 12, 2010 at 6:30 PM

jeanie on July 12, 2010 at 12:54 PM

Hillary won’t run again. There are plenty of us who left the Democratic Party because of the dishonesty in the elections. The DNC won’t disavow the crooks, they’re part of the crooked rotten core. Remember all the top Dems who kept calling for Hillary to step down? Dean was one of the loudest.

elclynn on July 12, 2010 at 6:42 PM

clnurnberg on July 12, 2010 at 2:51 PM

Well, then, let me introduce myself.

I voted for Hillary and fundraised/campaigned for her. I went to a fundraiser with Chelsea here in Chicago, and the room was full of pissed off HRC supporters furious over Florida and Michigan.

I wrote the McCain campaign in June and said if he picked Sarah Palin as VP (I was a big fan of the palinforvp blogspot) I would not only donate, but vote Republican for the first time for a “big” office.

I held true to it. Heck, I have a fun trip down memory lane when I started a mini blog to fight PDS — I quickly gave up since it was everywhere and I just didn’t have the drive to maintain my own blog:

But I was troll-rated off of DailyKos (used to be a trusted user), banned from my Michigan blogs, shouted off of MyDD — all for supporting Clinton and then DARING to support Palin. I predicted Palin on one of the Michigan blogs and was called a nazi rethuglican or whatever — and I’d MET these people before!

Hill supporters are like internet gypsies. They moved off of sites like DailyKos and went to ones like MyDD before the Obamatrons went and shouted them off there. Then they went to TalkLeft where eventually Palin Derangement fractured them. It’s why I ended up over here at HotAir and finally crossed into being a Republican.

Anyway, long story short:

I voted for Hillary. I voted for Sarah Palin. Pleased to meet ya. ;)

lansing quaker on July 12, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Sorry, but I am kind of confused. Was there some one in the country with sufficient intelligence to tie their own shoes. Or not so partisan, that they refused to look at the truth, that did not know that Obama, Al Frankin and the rest of the Democrats cheated the voters out of a fair election?

pwb on July 12, 2010 at 7:23 PM

I’m kind of shocked that Ed is skeptical about Obama cheating.

Not to mention the people who missed this entire issue in 2008 and are asking “why is it coming out now?” It came out then, peeps, it just wasn’t on CNN/NBC, because they were in you-know-who’s you-know-what.

I heard about this a lot in 2008 & 2009, but it’s true that there was a lot of infighting in the Clinton Camp after the nomination, which helped keep it on a low simmer instead of a boil.

Merovign on July 12, 2010 at 7:39 PM

As has been stated previously, this is not new “news”, and the lesson to be learned from watching the entire documentary is not, as Ed states, that states should dump the caucus method and all switch to primaries, but that everyone should understand the extremist “by any means” methods Team O will employ. Voter fraud is to be expected in the mid-terms, and locals need to get organized and prepared NOW and not be complacent. Make sure the voter rolls are legitimate; demand laws that require ID to vote; lobby to ensure that overseas military votes ARE counted; sign up to be a poll watcher. Anyone who thinks this is just an in-house “Democratic” problem is a fool

YTZGal on July 12, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Hmmm that PUMA problem not going away anytime soon for the Democrats, first they help leverage Scott Brown win in Blue Massachusetts, and now this. You would think that Politicians would figure out Women, have long memories, in fact they are like laundry list. In this case you have Women down in Houston going line by line on caucus sheets…yeah that’s gonna leave a mark ;)

Dr Evil on July 12, 2010 at 7:57 PM

I’m kind of shocked that Ed is skeptical about Obama cheating.
Merovign

You’re shocked that Ed is giving Obama a pass on vote fraud and intimidation? You must be new here.

whatcat on July 12, 2010 at 8:12 PM

My one question: does this movement have any real chance of being anything besides a sour-grapes gripe?

Dark-Star on July 12, 2010 at 8:14 PM

I’m a right leaning Libertarian (yes, I liked Ron, but I’m realistic) and during the run up to the election, I frequented moderate Dem and Pub sites. I’m also from Illinois—so my vote would never count anyway, sigh.

But the stories I heard from moderate Dems about Obama and his thugs, made my blood boil. I knew then that if His Holiness were to win, this country would be in deep trouble.

Whether you like the Clinton’s or not, doesn’t matter–the writing is on the wall. Obama and his minions will do the same this year and in 2012—and the pub’s will do nothing to stop it—as we can see in Ed’s refusal to even consider this truth.

Tharn on July 12, 2010 at 8:33 PM

And was it just two nights ago I asked about this?

I sure am interested to hear this.

Keljeck on July 12, 2010 at 8:46 PM

Anyway, long story short:

I voted for Hillary. I voted for Sarah Palin. Pleased to meet ya. ;)

lansing quaker on July 12, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Michigan conservative here, last voted (D) for Bill Clinton’s first term. Haven’t pulled the D lever since Bill and never will again, ever. It’s been over fifteen years, and my liberal votes still haunt me…

But we can move on, right? And instill good poltics in our children (They answer this question by rote: “What are the two things you need to know in life?” Answer: “Love Jesus and vote Republican.” :-)

Grace_is_sufficient on July 12, 2010 at 9:03 PM

Nice to meet all of you too, but I still do not personally know any Hillary supporters who did not go-bama. I remember some on various websites predicting a groundswell of people who would now be voting McCain, but this didn’t happen among people I know/work with/live near.
If there was a big puma showing, more silly GOPers sat on their hands than I previously thought. And for them I say, stop saying “it takes a Carter to get a Reagan”, say “It takes an Obama to get a disaster”!

clnurnberg on July 12, 2010 at 9:10 PM

You are asking this question about Hillary, right? The woman who ran the bimbo defence squad for her husband… The one who danced with Billy the Molseter in Chief on the beach so as to stay relevant… and near the power. Who would swallow just about anything handed her in the name of her future in politics.
Blowing up the party would not have helped her long term, and the party no doubt let her know that… Including what’s his name? Soros.
So… Hillary once again got down on her knees and did the deed for the ‘good’ of the party, and her future.
If this is true that is…

RalphyBoy on July 12, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Dark-Star on July 12, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Uh, yeah, because the misogyny continues …

YTZGal on July 12, 2010 at 10:28 PM

All in all, I wish the pumas well in this endeavor. More people knowing about the absolute corruption of Obama is a win for the nation

clnurnberg on July 12, 2010 at 10:29 PM