George W. Bush Nukes Obama Ticket Sales

posted at 4:30 pm on July 11, 2010 by J.E. Dyer

Fresh evidence emerges this week of Bush Junior’s dastardly dead-hand sabotage. Missouri Senate candidate Robin Carnahan has had to slash ticket prices for a Kansas City fund-raiser featuring President Obama. According to this report, $250 tickets have been reduced to $99, and cheap-seat $35 passes are being offered now for half off.

Now, Missouri voters, according to the most recent Rasmussen poll, actually register slightly more approval of Obama than the nationwide average, with 47% liking the job he’s doing (versus 45% nationally).  So it can’t be that folks in the Show-Me State don’t want to see the post-racial president.

Missouri’s unemployment, at 8.8%, is lower than the national average, and Kansas City’s is even lower, clocked by the Bureau of Labor Statistics in May at 8.3%.  So it can’t be that Missourians don’t have the money to afford $35 tickets.  There are undoubtedly plenty of them who could spring for the $250 seats.

Granted, the long-threatened Medicare reimbursement cuts have gone into effect on Obama’s watch, jeopardizing the access of many Missouri seniors to health care.  But with Obamacare passed, and nothing worse than the promised $400-600 billion additional cuts to Medicare in the program’s first 10 years to look forward to, those same seniors can take comfort from the savings that are sure to come with Obamacare; savings that took only a “moderate and unsurprising dip” in the first CBO projection following the bill’s dramatic passage.

I mean, there’s some play in the perception gap with the senior population in particular, since they basically have nothing to look forward to but less health care availability, from now until they collide fatally with whatever key life-saving procedure that’s being withheld to keep costs down finally consigns them to a pain-medicated demise.  But come on, at least they’ll have the pain meds.  It can’t be that they don’t want to fork over $35 to see Obama merely because of these trifling annoyances.

There are so many things it can’t be:  Obama on illegal immigration, Obama on the oil spill, Obama on the Constitution, Obama on private industry takeovers, Obama on Islamism and Israel, the Obama campaign against our best allies, the Obama Reset-and-Suck-Up Policy with our most cynical opponents, the Obama soak-the-taxpayer, every-shade-of-Green-but-honest-profit pork-barrel spending extravaganza.

The lurking fact that income taxes are going up in 2011 and no one’s doing anything about it – it can’t be that.  The certainty of that financial “hit” on household budgets can’t possibly have anything to do with why Missourians aren’t flocking to spend $250 on tickets to an Obama event.

No, nothing that Obama has done has the slightest explanatory power when it comes to why people in Missouri aren’t anxious to buy seats for his appearance at the Carnahan fund-raiser.  The sorry truth must be that the most influential president in history – indeed, the national leader of any kind with history’s most colossally enduring legacy – is still planting political IEDs everywhere Obama goes, with his failed policies and his really, really failed policies and his did-we-mention-the-failed-policies yet, because those were some failed honking policies.

And we all know that that president, that towering evil bestriding the narrow presidency of Barack Obama like a 20-story brass bull looming over a horrific scene of human sacrifice, is … George W. Bush.

This post was promoted from GreenRoom to HotAir.com.
To see the comments on the original post, look here.

Comments

Yep, Miss him a LOT.

RealMc on July 11, 2010 at 4:36 PM

I’m missing Jimmy Carter.

jukin on July 11, 2010 at 4:41 PM

I’m missing Jimmy Carter.

jukin on July 11, 2010 at 4:41 PM

And that!!

RealMc on July 11, 2010 at 4:42 PM

I still wouldn’t pay half the price to see and hear Zero give a recycled speech read from the teleprompter.

Kissmygrits on July 11, 2010 at 11:10 AM

If Obama came to Texas, I wouldn’t go if it was free.

Susanboo on July 11, 2010 at 4:43 PM

Of course it GWB’s fault – who else?

humdinger on July 11, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Bwaahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Oh that made my day! I’m still cleaning the coffee of my monitor!

Mr_Magoo on July 11, 2010 at 4:44 PM

It’s really heartwarming to read the outpouring of good will and best wishes in the comments on W’s Facebook page.

Texas Gal on July 11, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Of course it GWB’s fault – who else?

humdinger on July 11, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Karl Rove?

Mr_Magoo on July 11, 2010 at 4:46 PM

It’s Bush’s fault?!

IowaWoman on July 11, 2010 at 4:47 PM

I MISS PRESIDENT BUSH…

Ltlgeneral64 on July 11, 2010 at 4:48 PM

Is this another stimulus pacakage the dems have been talking about? :)

poxoma on July 11, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Of course it GWB’s fault – who else?

humdinger on July 11, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Sarah Palin???

bw222 on July 11, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Bush is nothing but the lesser of two evils. I don’t miss Bush’s spending any more than I like Obama’s spending.

We need someone to cut government drastically.

We need a Goldwater type to step up and take charge.

ButterflyDragon on July 11, 2010 at 4:54 PM

UNFAIR!!! I read this and think Bush is appearing somewhere and get all excited.

Blake on July 11, 2010 at 4:56 PM

I’m missing Jimmy Carter.

jukin on July 11, 2010 at 4:41 PM

With Jimmuh, we had malaise. With Dear Leader Obama, we’ve moved to full-on depression.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on July 11, 2010 at 4:59 PM

I blame Bush. Thanks George! :)

Guardian on July 11, 2010 at 5:00 PM

” – is still planting political IEDs everywhere Obama goes, with his failed policies and his really, really failed policies and his did-we-mention-the-failed-policies yet, because those were some failed honking policies.”

That’s just gold…

Seven Percent Solution on July 11, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Miss George’s integrity and dignity, however don’t miss his spending one bit. The really great this about former President Bush: He’s stayed out of the political arena and hasn’t commented on the current office holder or his policies, unlike a few of his predecessors. He’s a class act all the way, and will never do anything to embarrass his time in office or the people that elected him. This alone makes him the second greatest President in my lifetime. Is second only to Ronald Reagan.

Tommy_G on July 11, 2010 at 5:01 PM

“…the really great this…” should read “…the really great thing…”

Tommy_G on July 11, 2010 at 5:04 PM

They could raise more than $250 a seat if they promised to keep him the hell out of my state.

And that’s why I moved to Texas.

We didn’t elect this worthless, incompetent and corrupt jackass, that’s for damn sure.

NoDonkey on July 11, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Sarah Palin???

bw222 on July 11, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Is there any doubt that she would sell out the same venue at full price?

No, I don’t think so.

turfmann on July 11, 2010 at 5:15 PM

I wonder who would bring in more on a fund raiser, Carter or Obama? They could do the “Epic Fail” tour for the 2010 campaign season.

In the lexicon there’s a new verb. Oh, I’m sorry. I really obama’ed that one bad didn’t I.

Mojave Mark on July 11, 2010 at 5:17 PM

How did you guys make any sense out of this post? Or did you?

Jaibones on July 11, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Next his fund raisers will be on the dollar value menue. I can’t go because I might spit up my food.

seven on July 11, 2010 at 5:25 PM

You couldn’t pay me to go – well I’d stand outside with a protest sign …

wheels on July 11, 2010 at 5:29 PM

As a life long resident of St. Louis, I can say that Obama has the support of the urban areas of St. Louis, Kansas City and the college towns, like Columbia, but most of the suburban and rural areas are conservative. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch is practically a PR arm of the far left. On days when there is bad news for Democrats, it runs stories like a kitten stranded in a tree. When there is good news for Democrats (which hasn’t happened much, lately), it runs on the front page.

According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Missouri doesn’t have 8.8% unemployment. It has 91.2% employment!</strong>

Star20 on July 11, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Say What?

From “The Hill” 6/24/2010:

The temporary “doc-fix” bill will stave off the 21-percent cut until December, instead providing a 2.2 percent pay increase for doctors who treat Medicare patients.

rrroark on July 11, 2010 at 5:40 PM

They probably don’t like him because his middle name is Hussein.

Can’t be his nation-destroying policies, or all the pay-offs (with taxpayer dollars) to his corrupt buddies and thug union enablers, or his “let them eat cake (while I golf and throw lavish, taxpayer-financed parties)” attitude.

Nope, gotta be the name. Barry’s a victim of Amerikkka’s racism . . . as always.

AZCoyote on July 11, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Although Napoleon Obamaparte’s ability to deceive the world was waning he was still able to trick his own sheeple. The scapegoat was once again SnowBush. Whenever anything went wrong it became more and more usual to attribute it to SnowBush. In fact many of the claims begin to sound completely ridiculous to the objective mind. Of course, his minions in the Squealer Media’s mission is to keep everything as clouded as possible in the minds of the sheeple.

Cheshire Cat on July 11, 2010 at 5:43 PM

A nice summary of Zero’s failures, but your headline was a mean teaser. :-(

KS Rex on July 11, 2010 at 5:46 PM

It’s all the fault of those rascally Rethunglicans. Damaging the image of the Lord and Savior Obamassiah, The Chosen One, The Anointed; he of the super intellect. Knows all, sees all. To be seen by mere mortals at HALF PRICE? Oh, the agony.

And what if the seats are still not filled? Does this mean that other Democrats running for re-election will be running FROM an Obama appearance at their fund raisers? Where is the AFL-CIO, United Auto Workers, SEIU? Surely they can provide funds for union members to make FULL PRICE appearances, as well as provide a friendly audience.

Don’t want to uppty people getting up and saying nasty things. Things like “Where are the jobs?” or “How come unemployment is over 9%?” or “Why doesn’t the DOJ punish lawbreakers?”

GarandFan on July 11, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Missing Calvin Coolidge. Not missing W.

AshleyTKing on July 11, 2010 at 6:04 PM

$17.50 each for the chance to collectively yell ‘you stole the money, now where are the jobs?’ This should be a class trip for econ 101 students. Let Mr. Expertateverything know just whay we think of him… Btw, what’s the legal penalty for group ‘mooning’ the prez? How about chants? ‘Obummer, Obummer, Obummer…’ or a favorite of mine… ‘We want Bush back, we want….’
Yup… %17.50 plus tax sounds really cheap for that kinda fun.

RalphyBoy on July 11, 2010 at 6:09 PM

They must be polling in the St Louis and Kansas City metro area exclusively because around these parts, with the exceptions of the few truly die-hard libtards on campus, most folks have scraped that 0bama/Biden sticker off their cars…

Wolftech on July 11, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Mojave Mark on July 11, 2010 at 5:17 PM

What would it mean? “I screwed up”? Or “I intentionally screwed up”?

Squiggy on July 11, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Obviously, there is only one explanation… they’re all RACISTS!!!!

LASue on July 11, 2010 at 6:44 PM

Laura gave an interview some where (maybe it was posted here) that she and W laugh all the time about everything being his fault. As in: Laura got a paper cut, it’s W’s fault. I do miss the honor and the dignity (yes both!) he brought to the title. He certainly had his faults, but there is no doubt he loved America and her people and would do anything to protect her.
(and nobody needs to give me any crap about the “honor and dignity” part unless they’re willing to admit that the awesome Captain Kickass and his mighty donks have neither of those attributes).

Yellowdog12 on July 11, 2010 at 6:52 PM

We need someone to cut government drastically.

We need a Goldwater type to step up and take charge.

ButterflyDragon on July 11, 2010 at 4:54 PM

..and now the award for the ubiquitous most obvious buzz-harsher goes to..

(Jeez! There’s always one at every party!)

The War Planner on July 11, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Well I miss King George III. He wasn’t nearly as bossy as Emperor Hussein Obama.

Cheshire Cat on July 11, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Missing Calvin Coolidge. Not missing W.

AshleyTKing on July 11, 2010 at 6:04 PM

..too bad; here are some folks who miss “W”.

The War Planner on July 11, 2010 at 7:09 PM

…there is no doubt he loved America and her people and would do anything to protect her.

Yellowdog12 on July 11, 2010 at 6:52 PM

IrishEi on July 11, 2010 at 7:14 PM

I’m missing Jimmy Carter.

jukin on July 11, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Late last year I caught flak for worrying that I would soon miss Carter. Now I’m no longer alone.

agmartin on July 11, 2010 at 7:20 PM

I’m missing Jimmy Carter.

jukin on July 11, 2010 at 4:41 PM

agmartin on July 11, 2010 at 7:20 PM

:lol Obama = Jimmy Carter….

GW we miss you….low unemployment,7 years of economic
growth, and strong military!!!!!

dec5 on July 11, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Miss Me Yet?

Yes. Yes we do.

BitterClinger on July 11, 2010 at 7:53 PM

George W. Bush Nukes Obama Ticket Sales

PLEASE SEND THIS TO BARRY!!!…It’ll burn his @ss!!!…LOLOL…that narcissistic tool will have a big o’l baby hissy fit!..: o )

christene on July 11, 2010 at 8:07 PM

Hell, at this point I miss King George III.

Pavel on July 11, 2010 at 8:10 PM

You know who I REALLY miss… Ronald Reagan.

parteagirl on July 11, 2010 at 8:40 PM

I heard when he next goes to California to do a fundraiser for Babs Boxer that McDonald’s is now offering a free ticket with each Happy Meal. Tickets are easier to get than toys.

singer on July 11, 2010 at 8:44 PM

Hah -I live in Kansas City, in a very liberal, well off neighborhood by the Country Club Plaza. Before the election in 2008 the neighborhood was riddled with Obama signs. Every car had an O bumper sticker. We are known as the “token Conservatives” on the block, and get along with everyone, but we’ve kept our mouths shut so as not to burst any bubbles.

A year ago, Obama came to speak at a park nearby and people literally fled their homes and ran down the block hoping to catch a glimpse of him. It was crazy celebrity worship – like the screaming girls and the Beatles.

Now the signs are gone and the ticket sales are tanking. Bumper stickers are becoming a rare thing to see.

We don’t rub it in and I’m not too sure they have a sense of humor about it all anyways. But the cult of Obama is apparently peeing out the koolaid and sobering up. At least in KC.

ace tomato on July 11, 2010 at 8:59 PM

I’d spend the money just to heckle Obama from the cheap seats.

LIAR!!
LIAR!!
LIAR!!

Secret Service would be draggin’ my cracker arse out of there!

Bicyea on July 11, 2010 at 9:23 PM

I still like IKE!!

BDU-33 on July 11, 2010 at 10:26 PM

If i lived there and wanted to see a child speak, I’d go to my 2nd graders play!

Chumpalicious!

JohnnyMojo on July 11, 2010 at 10:49 PM

There are many things that I can say “I would not do that, or I would not attend or see that, or I would not listen to that, if you paid me, or if you paid me millions of dollars.”

I despise amateur-in-chief, less experienced than VP Candidate 2008 Sarah Palin, weak, skinny, arrogant, narcissistic, self centered, obstinant, clueless, snobbish, snarky, condescending, ignorant, over rate, underwhelming, inexperienced, failing at on-the-job-training, radical, leftist, racist – Yea! Racist! – divisive, US bashing, Muslim loving, US destorying Obama.

With that said, I don’t know how I could sit through it, but I might actually go listen to him speak – as horrible a speaker as he is – if I were paid, say, $250,000,000 (that is two hundred fifty million dollars for all you leftist, Marxists, Stallinists, Maoists, Socialist, Communists, Leftist, Islamofascist hate filled militant Jihadis, racist New Black Panther Party thugs, Obama supporting, Obama voter, etc.,) or more – taxe exempt.

Of course I am not certain if I could go through with it. The idea is upsetting. Sitting through even five minutes hearing that awful, unpleasant, horrible voice and that terrible tempo, terrible phrasing, etc., which Obama employs when he speaks, plus that intense arrogance of Obama’s, but we could use the money and, for one hour, I might be able to endure it without experiencing too much trauma.

William2006 on July 11, 2010 at 10:56 PM

I miss the days when we actually had a President…..

Chip on July 11, 2010 at 11:11 PM

William2006 on July 11, 2010 at 10:56 PM

hey, maybe this is one of those ‘stimulus’ jobs we keep hearing about. you 250,000 (yes I recognize the decimal difference from your post) per job kinda thing.

Fighton03 on July 11, 2010 at 11:42 PM

We need someone to cut government drastically.

We need a Goldwater type to step up and take charge.

ButterflyDragon on July 11, 2010 at 4:54 PM

I have to agree with you on the spending part. But to be fair, comparing the two and calling Bush the lesser of two evils is a little lopsided.

I mean, there’s an ingrown toenail, and then there’s anal cancer. Sure, I wouldn’t want either to happen to me, but one isn’t even in the same league as the other.

DrAllecon on July 12, 2010 at 12:41 AM

..and now the award for the ubiquitous most obvious buzz-harsher goes to..

(Jeez! There’s always one at every party!)

The War Planner on July 11, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Don’t get me wrong, I love Bush. I think he was probably one of the most caring, humble presidents we’ve had. Ever.

Bush reminded me of the type of leader I could knock on his door, stick my head, tell him I’ve got a problem and he’d wave me in and hear me out and see what he could do for me.

With Obama, I don’t even get the feeling I’d get a chance to knock on the door. And his arrogance wouldn’t allow him to speak to someone beneath him unless it was photographed or choreographed in an attempt to further his own desires.

My only complaint on Bush was his fiscal stance.

ButterflyDragon on July 12, 2010 at 12:46 AM

We need someone to cut government drastically.

We need a Goldwater type to step up and take charge.

ButterflyDragon on July 11, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Exactly, or the idea of limited government is dead.

“Neo”conservative, hard Wilsonian foreign policy = fail.

Iran was the threat, Iran is still the threat, meanwhile we are “nation building in … Afghanistan!

“Compassionate” conservativism (ie, Bismarkian welfare statism) = fail.

The Reps grew the welfare state, and now the Dems are near bankrupting the country. So, no, I don’t miss W. .

AshleyTKing on July 12, 2010 at 1:07 AM

DrAllecon on July 12, 2010 at 12:41 AM

It is funny how much folks forget that GW is the one
that made the tax cuts a reality and made the economy
grow. GW wanted to reform Social Security, also.
But his new tone and hands across the aisle to the Libs,
bit him in the hand and stabbed him in the back…..

The 2007 Lib dominated Congress pushed
our economy over the edge, and gave GW little power
to actually help our economy go back to normal.

Who wins when folks says their is no difference between
the two parties….? The Libs….

When Republicans make Conservative values guide their
actions…they win.

dec5 on July 12, 2010 at 2:32 AM

Hoover, Miss Me Yet?

txmomof6 on July 12, 2010 at 8:46 AM

Yes, W, I miss you.

thebookkeeper on July 12, 2010 at 9:30 AM

G.W.Bush has relatives living in St Louis and they are working behind the scenes telling people not to go.

Herb on July 12, 2010 at 9:32 AM

There are probably plenty of Democrat pols, ‘activists’, and hangers-on who are expected to shell out bucks and show up to hear The Great Pretender read from his teleprompter.

How many of them would instead pay not to show up?

There may be an opportunity here for Kansas City’s unemployed: “Buy me a ticket to Obambi’s fund-raiser, pay me double the price, and I’ll go in your stead!”

After all, why else did God make earplugs?

MrLynn on July 12, 2010 at 9:40 AM

They don’t wanna pay $250 because his middle name’s Hussein.

Akzed on July 12, 2010 at 10:06 AM

We need someone to cut government drastically.

We need a Goldwater type to step up and take charge.

ButterflyDragon on July 11, 2010 at 4:54 PM

President Palin 2012.

Visualize it. Make it real.

UltimateBob on July 12, 2010 at 12:48 PM

From the article:

The grassroots event at the 1,078-seat theater is expected to net $250K for Carnahan’s campaign, the Kansas City Star reported today.

“Grassroots”? What in the world is “grassroots” about this dog-and-pony show?

Mary in LA on July 12, 2010 at 8:48 PM