Another Whiny Loser Republican Calls Us Racist Demagogues

posted at 7:41 pm on July 9, 2010 by Jimmie Bise, Jr

Help me out here, soon to be unemployed Congressman Inglis. What you’re really saying is that demagoguery isn’t leadership when people you don’t like do it, but your demagoguery? Well that’s just fine. Does that about sum it up?

[Bob Inglis] cited a claim made famous by Palin that the Democratic health care bill would create “death panels” to decide whether elderly or sick people should get care.

“There were no death panels in the bill … and to encourage that kind of fear is just the lowest form of political leadership. It’s not leadership. It’s demagoguery,” said Inglis…

“I think we have a lot of leaders that are following those (television and talk radio) personalities and not leading,” he said. “What it takes to lead is to say, ‘You know, that’s just not right.’”

As it happens that’s exactly what South Carolina voters said to Inglis when they voted more than 2-1 against him last month. Instead of praising them as leaders, though, he whipped out the race cards and whipped them around like he was dealing the world’s fastest poker hand.

Inglis said he was shocked during the health care votes as he watched protesters jeering Rep. John Lewis, a Georgia Democrat who was beaten as a leading civil rights activist in the 1960s.

Inglis said he was too far away during the jeering incident to hear whether the protesters shouted racial epithets, as Lewis and other black lawmakers have claimed. But Inglis said the behavior was threatening and abusive.

“I caught him at the door and said, ‘John, I guess you’ve been here before,’” Inglis said.

Inglis, 50, who calls himself a Jack Kemp disciple because he has emphasized outreach to minorities as the late Republican congressman did, thinks racism is a part of the vitriol directed at President Barack Obama.

“I love the South. I’m a Southerner. But I can feel it,” he said.

I am about sick to death of these whiny Republicans who, when ejected from office like a tomato from a catapult by voters who have had enough of their spend-happy ways, turn around and cry like a bunch of babies with soggy diapers. Like those soggy-diapered babies (and doesn’t “Soggy-Diaper Republican” have a nice ring to it?), Inglis wants everyone to cater to his whims. In his world, he gets to tell us how it’s going to be and we meekly sit back and take it. That worldview has no place at all in the Republican Party. Heck, it doesn’t have a place in America.

If Inglis really thought that “death panels” was an extreme characterization of what lay inside Obamacare, he could have fought it vigorously in the arena of ideas. He didn’t because he was too busy pushing for his very own bill that, like Obamacare, would have forced you to buy health insurance whether you wanted to or not. Inglis claimed to be “shocked” by the anger that faced at town halls but he conveniently left out the part where he stoked the anger by accusing people who disagree with him as Glenn Beck-watching drones incapable of thinking for themselves.

We’re better off being rid of Bob Inglis and his petty, sniveling sense of entitlement. Maybe he can have a little lie-down in a pastel-colored, daisy-printed room to settle his jangled nerves.

(Read this post and more from Jimmie at his blog The Sundries Shack or listen to his weekly political and pop-culture podcast, The Delivery)

This post was promoted from GreenRoom to HotAir.com.
To see the comments on the original post, look here.

Comments

Get a real job, chump. And good luck doing it in the post-ObamaCare hiring environment.

Cicero43 on July 9, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Another whiney one bites the dust … I wonder what there is about representing people he didn’t get.

So why appoint Dr Death Panel to oversee Medicare and Medicare in the dark of night. Seems like in order to insure people knew there were no death panels, you would want open hearings where it was all laid out in the sunlight. But for some reason, even the Democrats didn’t want to do that.

hmmmm I wonder what the problem is other than lying.

tarpon on July 9, 2010 at 7:49 PM

So sorry – I don’t speak Inglis.

honsy on July 9, 2010 at 7:50 PM

you said it!

maybe we can get him a mobile over his bed

cmsinaz on July 9, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Cicero43 on July 9, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Former Congressmen are well taken care of at tax payer expense, and will never suffer the indignities of Obamacare, I’m sure.

zmdavid on July 9, 2010 at 7:51 PM

The top of my Great Grand Purge List is getting crowded!

canopfor on July 9, 2010 at 7:51 PM

So sorry – I don’t speak Inglis.

honsy on July 9, 2010 at 7:50 PM

winner!

cmsinaz on July 9, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Please – I beg you – don’t start a “soggy diaper Republican” meme. In spite of those embarrassing personal accusations I want David Vitter to be re-elected.

Laura Curtis on July 9, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Come November,it will be a glorious bumper-crop,
of Republican Women,who are ready,able,willing,
to KICK-*SS,and hold THOSE accountable!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on July 9, 2010 at 7:53 PM

Inglis is such a douchebag. He loved to go on Colbert’s show and giggle like a little girl while Colbert mocked conservatives.

VidOmnia on July 9, 2010 at 7:55 PM

canopfor on July 9, 2010 at 7:53 PM

stock up on your tea for that night :)

cmsinaz on July 9, 2010 at 7:55 PM

So sorry – I don’t speak Inglis.

honsy on July 9, 2010 at 7:50 PM

honsy: RINO speak————————–OUT!

KICK-*SS Republican Women speak—–IN!!

canopfor on July 9, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Soggy-Bottom Republicans. There.
FIFY

kellyjane on July 9, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Next up…

… he will change his first name to Cunn.

Seven Percent Solution on July 9, 2010 at 8:00 PM

So sorry – I don’t speak Inglis.

honsy on July 9, 2010 at 7:50 PM

winner!

cmsinaz

Aw, shucks! :)

honsy on July 9, 2010 at 8:06 PM

I’d like these people who are constantly shouting “racism” in response to any criticism of Obama or his agenda to tell us what criticism, if any, is NOT racist.

LASue on July 9, 2010 at 8:08 PM

honsy on July 9, 2010 at 8:06 PM

cmsinaz on July 9, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Yeah, as much as Bob “feels the racism” from the right, he still ain’t letting his wife go to the ATM in Columbia after dark.

David2.0 on July 9, 2010 at 8:11 PM

On SC primary night last month I wondered why Inglis got kicked to the curb by the voters. Now I know.
Please please give sugar pants Lyndsey the same treatment in 2014.

arnold ziffel on July 9, 2010 at 8:11 PM

We’re better off being rid of snot-nosed Bob Inglis and his petty, sniveling sense of entitlement.

Sniveling and snot-nosed are a natural pairing!

ya2daup on July 9, 2010 at 8:18 PM

I didn’t know Narutoboy’s real name was Bob Inglis! This explains so much……..

di butler on July 9, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Tell like it is, brutha Jimmie!

The dewussification of the republican party begins. The weak and passive are being voted out. The dobermans are coming in November.

BruthaMan on July 9, 2010 at 8:19 PM

No habla.

VidOmnia on July 9, 2010 at 8:20 PM

You know what, Bob Inglis?

It just isn’t right that you won’t let your wife go door-to-door in “da hood” selling Avon after dark! That’s just not right! That kind of fear as no place in our national debate! That’s NOT leadership, Bob!

Bob, since you are a Southerner, and can “feel” the racism, I imagine you’ll be delivering pizzas after dark in the non-White neighborhoods only. I admire that, Bob. You now have the life expectancy of a machine gunner in Vietnam, but damn, you practice what you preach!

A real American Hero!
Bob Inglis!

David2.0 on July 9, 2010 at 8:21 PM

arnold ziffel on July 9, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Amen Brother! Lyndsey needs to go!

Dire Straits on July 9, 2010 at 8:22 PM

Arlen Specter Republican.

AshleyTKing on July 9, 2010 at 8:23 PM

This is the problem on the left and on the right! Term limits are needed, absolute power will always absolutely corrupt.

bluemarlin on July 9, 2010 at 8:24 PM

As a Southerner, I am sick of ‘Southerners’ calling me a racist because I don’t agree with their politics. What Inglis uttered are fighting words in the South. You know where you can stick it, Mr. Inglis, and if you want to meet me behind the woodshed, I am at your service, Sir.

JimP on July 9, 2010 at 8:26 PM

…If you mean making baseless accusations and accusing people of racism simply because they disagree with your policies….then yes Inglis..they have been there before…and now so have you.

….so tell us genius….are you going to rebuke your democratic friends for lying to the American people when they stated the Health Care Bill would be:

…deficit neutral

……..our premiums would not go up

…………our quality of care would not go down

…………… we would be able to keep our current Health Care provider

………………..and the tax increases on the middle class that we were promised would not happen.

……..would love to see your whiny a$$ address this all in the spirit of:

…real leaders don;t have to lie to get their policies enacted Mr. self righteous….

Baxter Greene on July 9, 2010 at 8:27 PM

bluemarlin on July 9, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Narutoboy will show up in in 5..4..3..2..1

Dire Straits on July 9, 2010 at 8:28 PM

canopfor on July 9, 2010 at 7:53 PM
===================
stock up on your tea for that night :)

cmsinaz on July 9, 2010 at 7:55

cmiinaz: I’m drinking a fine cup of Canadian tea,in a non-
Royal-Doulton cup as I type!!!!!!!!!!!:)

And yup,that will be a Historical evening,and I
bet,it will be for Women,in American Politics!!

canopfor on July 9, 2010 at 8:30 PM

bluemarlin on July 9, 2010 at 8:24 PM
====================
Narutoboy will show up in in 5..4..3..2..1

Dire Straits on July 9, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Dire Straits: Boom Boom Boom Boom-:)

canopfor on July 9, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Get a real job, chump.

….

MSNBC is in his future.

Or maybe the Frum Forum?

artist on July 9, 2010 at 8:32 PM

canopfor on July 9, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Yeah, he can play on his own tonight, he cught me in a bad mood last night!

bluemarlin on July 9, 2010 at 8:33 PM

“the 12 year incumbent”

un-freakin-believeable.

VidOmnia on July 9, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Meghan McCain syndrome. Twitter: “Hey, y’all, watch me on The View tomorrow! They asked me to guest host all next week! OMG!”

Marcus on July 9, 2010 at 8:34 PM

canopfor on July 9, 2010 at 8:30 PM

excellent

cmsinaz on July 9, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Go home, little girl. The voters have spoken and they dont’ like you anymore!

HornetSting on July 9, 2010 at 8:41 PM

canopfor on July 9, 2010 at 8:31 PM
======================================
Yeah, he can play on his own tonight, he cught me in a bad mood last night!

bluemarlin on July 9, 2010 at 8:33 PM

bluemarlin:I peeked in last night,I e-mailed Ed,for a
BanHammer Airstrike,around,3:00AM!!

NB has already been warned,and he was going
off on Jenfidel,and the rest of you,plus his
besmirchment and b*sterd*rdization of HawkDriver!
-:)

canopfor on July 9, 2010 at 8:43 PM

I attended one of his town halls late last summer and heard his anti-Beck pronouncement for myself. What was more offensive than his opinion was his delivery: weak-kneed sarcasm of the most pathetic kind.

I voted against him a few weeks ago because of his hypocrisy. He ran for 3 terms on a platform of term limits. He called himself a citizen politician and promised to serve only 3 terms. He changed his tune with term #4 and has become a Lindsey Graham-ite ever since.

Goodbye and good riddance.

LEBA on July 9, 2010 at 8:47 PM

NB has already been warned,and he was going
off on Jenfidel,and the rest of you,plus his
besmirchment and b*sterd*rdization of HawkDriver!
-:)

canopfor on July 9, 2010 at 8:43 PM

Yes, he was out of line last night as well as many nights. I usually can abstain but for some reason last night, he got me fired up!

bluemarlin on July 9, 2010 at 8:50 PM

Congressman, I knew Jack Kemp, and you are NO Jack Kemp!!!

thare on July 9, 2010 at 9:00 PM

So sorry – I don’t speak Inglis.

honsy on July 9, 2010 at 7:50 PM
Sweet!

ohiobabe on July 9, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Inglis, you lying snake.

rightwingyahooo on July 9, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Not to worry, folks. I’m sure Inglis will land a well-paying job after his departure from the House of Reps.

I’m thinking GOP campaign strategist!

chimney sweep on July 9, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Bob was my congressman and i am so glad he was defeated a few week ago.When he first got elected in 94 he was a good conservative but like a lot of them he caught pantomimic fever.He did not just get defeated a few weeks ago he got demolish 78% to 28%.Just last year on our local talk station he said he had to support the climate change bill because his children said they would not vote for him if he did not support it.He has turn into a Lindsey Graham clone.So Bob good by ,farewell and Amen thank God your gone you Rino.

thmcbb on July 9, 2010 at 9:20 PM

thmcbb on July 9, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Thanks for the behind the scenes, and THANK YOU for the 78% to 28% massacre of this idiot.

Marcus on July 9, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Any predictions on who Inglis will vote with in the lame-duck Congress???

SDN on July 9, 2010 at 9:34 PM

LEBA on July 9, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Good for you.

Cylor on July 9, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Any predictions on who Inglis will vote with in the lame-duck Congress???

SDN on July 9, 2010 at 9:34 PM

No, but any prediction on what constituents like thmcbb are going to do to him when he returns home if he does?

Marcus on July 9, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Why are primary losers still allowed to stay in Congress? They should immediately turn in their badge, and be sent home never to vote against the will of the people again!

SouthernGent on July 9, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Is it RINO season yet again?

christene on July 9, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Is it RINO season yet again?

christene on July 9, 2010 at 10:00 PM

christene: Getting close!!

Here is a baby RINO!!:)
=======================================

An Ugly Baby

canopfor on July 9, 2010 at 10:03 PM

canopfor on July 9, 2010 at 8:43 PM

bluemarlin on July 9, 2010 at 8:50 PM

bluemarlin: I don’t blame you!!:)

canopfor on July 9, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Bob, quit blaming the South for racism. It was worse in the NE at one time. BTW, since we now have Dr. Death Berwick in charge of Medicare and medicaid, the death panels will soon be implemented.

Kissmygrits on July 9, 2010 at 10:15 PM

Enjoy your ‘funemployment’ Englis.

GarandFan on July 9, 2010 at 10:16 PM

I don’t even know this guy, Bob Inglis.
But it’s clear why he lost in the primary.

I guess any given “Soggy-Diaper Republican” would be shocked as he watched protesters jeering Rep. John Lewis, a Georgia Democrat, take a path that Congressmen don’t normally take just so they could thumb their noses at those who were there to oppose Obama Doesn’t Care.

J_Crater on July 9, 2010 at 10:16 PM

It felt GREAT!!! to vote for Bob’s opponent both in the primary and run off

Sadly it will be another 4 years before I can bestow the same honor on Graham. I would even seriously consider voting for Alvin Greene over Graham. Seriously. I like his idea of making little action figures of himself. Most of Washington feels that way too. He just has the guts to say it. Can you imagine what they would do if his dolls started selling like hot cakes? They would trip all over themselves having their own dolls make.

USBB on July 9, 2010 at 11:02 PM

Good riddance, RINO bastard

Norwegian on July 9, 2010 at 11:33 PM

and doesn’t “Soggy-Diaper Republican” have a nice ring to it?

Move over, Allah. Your summer stand-in has arrived.

manwithblackhat on July 9, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Dont’ let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya

the Coondawg on July 10, 2010 at 1:26 AM

Well , Mitt Romney really liked this guy.

the_nile on July 10, 2010 at 4:37 AM

Now everyone sees why we (SC) dumped this hanger on.

jake-the-goose on July 10, 2010 at 7:04 AM

Soggy-Diaper Republican

This might just be the alternative to those who have not quite reached the RINO stage.

seanrobins on July 10, 2010 at 8:26 AM

Laura Curtis on July 9, 2010 at 7:52 PM

I cannot pull the lever for him. He represents what the GOP should want purged. Doubt I’ll pull the D lever as protest – just leave it to fate for Vitter.

Bradky on July 10, 2010 at 9:57 AM

Bubbye, WHINOS.

pambi on July 10, 2010 at 11:45 AM

Bradky on July 10, 2010 at 9:57 AM

Eh… he’s pretty decent fiscally (smart enough to see which way the wind is blowing, anyway), votes the right way on illegal immigration, is responsive to constituents… and we don’t have anybody better up to bat. I’ll keep voting for him until we get someone better.

Laura Curtis on July 10, 2010 at 11:53 AM

Inglis is a RINO. He’s not smart enough to realize why he was “flushed” from office. The “death panel” this idiot referred Palin as lying about are actually “end of life counselors”. Just because Obama uses terminology to deceive his intent, does not change that intent. Rationing is a part of this healthcare reform as Gerwick made that very clear from his first statement. Inglis is just another idiot that can’t comprehend reality.

volsense on July 10, 2010 at 12:05 PM

The Death Panel metaphor is still reverberating through Washington DC.

We see now who Inglis’s constituents agree with, and it ain’t Bob.

Time to go home, Bobby.

You’ve been term limited.

Brian1972 on July 10, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Inglis…its llike this boy, you have been fired boy, so start packing your bags, no one is going to hand you any more money punk as lame ducks are useless, cry all you want to panzy but keep packing those boxes…BOY!

JohnD9207 on July 11, 2010 at 1:11 AM

Inglis got to taste being a victim of the Voter Death Panel…..

…….real enough for you now RINO scum?

PappyD61 on July 11, 2010 at 10:18 AM

What is going on with Republicans in South Carolina? Do they have any there that are not a Rino or corrupt?

SGinNC on July 11, 2010 at 12:36 PM

Another one down and bunch more to go to clean Washington…

Tea Party 101 Principles:
* Be open and honest;
* Speak truthfully;
* Listen to and work for the people;
* Adhere to the Constitution and your oath of office;