Video: “Mama Grizzlies”

posted at 11:36 am on July 8, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Sarah Palin’s PAC released their latest organizing-fundraising video today, and it bolsters Palin’s efforts to claim the female voter demographic as her own. In the past, the media have tried to come up with cute ways of pigeonholing women, especially suburban wives and mothers who are seen as a big swing force in national elections. Twenty years ago, they were called “soccer moms”; in the wake of 9/11, “security moms”. Palin picks a more active — and activist — monicker for the women who comprise her base:

“Mama grizzlies” actually fits better in the Tea Party movement, which I’ve argued is driven in the main by activist women. These are women with families who aren’t focused on what government can do for them, but what government should be doing, period. They’re defending their turf rather than looking for handouts, and defending their children from expansionist government and the massive spending that their children’s children will have to repay. It’s a good brand to stake out for Palin, but she’s been doing that all along with the Tea Party movement (as has Michele Bachmann). This just puts a label on it, and one that sounds much more assertive than “soccer moms” did.

The Boss Emeritus offers some savvy advice:

Yes, there’s always a risk in overreaching and slipping into identity politics. Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosiboth played the gender card to argue that they had the unique ability as women to “clean house” and change Washington’s ways. It’s not working out as advertised, to put it mildly.

Moreover, conservatives need to be honest: Not all Republican women are created equal. An establishment Big Government GOP candidate in a skirt is no better than an establishment Big Government GOP candidate in a suit and tie.

That said, there is something happenin’ out there — on college campuses, at Tea Party and 9/12 meetings, in school board and city council races, inside and outside the political arena. Everywhere I go, right-thinking moms who had never been involved in politics before have come up to me to let me know that their increasing concern for their kids’ future — their safety, their education, their debt — has driven them to get involved.

Be sure to read her flashback column from almost exactly six years ago on this same topic.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

From WaPo:

Republican strategists are already praising the video. For a political figure used to an off-the-cuff style, Palin’s video has a professional and polished feel that could strengthen and broaden her emotional appeal among female voters. One prominent GOP media consultant described the video as “brilliant,” adding: “I wish I’d done it.”

NoNails on July 8, 2010 at 1:01 PM

I’m not sure whether “Mama Grizzlies” is the name to sell the politics of mothers’ protection of children. While grizzly bears are well-known in Alaska and Western states, they are perceived as vicious and aggressive by Easterners, who may not want to adopt such a label for themselves.

In the eastern United States, the Appalachians have lots of black bears, which are usually not threatening to humans and prefer to be left alone, but mother black bears can become fierce in defense of their cubs. Would women voters in the east, most of whom live in cities and suburbs, be attracted to “Mama Grizzlies”, where any real “mama bears” they have met are perceived as aggressive and dangerous?

Steve Z on July 8, 2010 at 12:05 PM

No worries, Steve. The “Mama Grizzlies” video taps into the evolutionary essence of womanhood.

While my kids are grown now, I remember how protective I was of them. If my kids were threatened, I would be proud if someone said I was vicious and aggressive when protecting them.

TeleL on July 8, 2010 at 1:02 PM

2012 is two years away and we need consolidation in order to take back Congress in November. McCain was hurt in ’08 by a lot of so-called Republicans that preferred to attack members of their own team, McCain and Palin, instead of the members of the “Party of American Destruction.” The time to start campaigning for 2012 shouldn’t start until after the November elections.

DL13 on July 8, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Is it possible to be a grizzly AND a cougar?

blatantblue on July 8, 2010 at 11:41 AM

I like this comparison better:

Cuda

or

Cougar

Brian1972 on July 8, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Saw Sarah Cuda in Nofolk, VA a couple of weeks ago. She doesn’t say a dang thing about running. What she is doing is getting people off of their a$$ and becoming involved which is exactly what needs to happen this November Les in NC on July 8, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Yep! This is what she is great at! She gets you thinking and even if you don’t like her, Ninja, she does get everyone involved.

Vince on July 8, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Vince on July 8, 2010 at 1:06 PM

No, no, no! She’s just a “distraction”, she should shut her mouth and just go away so some un-named “fresh face” can miraculously ride to our rescue!

Don’t you see the brilliance?

1. Palin go away

2. ???

3. VICTORY!

Brian1972 on July 8, 2010 at 1:10 PM

Don’t try and outrun a grizzly – you’ll just die tired.

Wyatt Wingfoot on July 8, 2010 at 1:16 PM

I don’t really see how you can say his videos were anything more than a waste of time like the rest of his campaign considering how bad he lost. I can understand wanting to make yourself sound more intelligent after that stupid cougar comment, or make yourself feel better for supporting such a massively sh*tty candidate who lost to someone like Obama. Maybe it’s just better not rehash the whole humiliating mess and stop voting all together.

austinnelly on July 8, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Your stupidity knows no bounds, nor your childishness.

I supported McCain after the primaries, since he was our only option, and wanted nothing to do with Obama.

Too bad the whiners, such as yourself, did nothing to get off their asses and defeat Obarfy.

For all your talk about “saving America,” people like you did nothing of the sort back in ’08.

Shut the hell up

blatantblue on July 8, 2010 at 1:19 PM

I saw it this morning, and it was very inspiring, with that political campaign cliché attached to it. Hey, I call it as I see it. I searched throughout the video in ways these women personified the way I feel about Washington, US politics, Puerto Rico’s politics, and the sense of being lost in the middle of it.

I identify myself not as a Grizzly Mama Bear, but I prefer lioness. There have been times in both ends of the spectrum where I fought tooth and nail, even when I felt belly-up, for the principles and ideals I feel are the best for both places. When they were meshed up in such an inaccurate way with major conspiracy theories, I stepped in and fought the good fight. Got torn, saw my wounds, “licked them off” and here I am again. Ready for Round 2 on both places.

Yes, I am a mother, was a daughter, I never took federal help from pregnancy on, and my kids are off limits! We have worked our butts off to make them polite, that they do good in school and I don’t need Obama on our backs with His hands eager to grab our money. That’s where I draw the line. I never liked the idea of lying in order to get federal aid, which is something illegals do a lot.

I don’t need nor want to anymore to belong to a supposed movement where they claim they want “their voices being heard”. Well, when it was time for me to speak, my voice, along with many others, got drowned out. That’s when I realized that the Tea Party only wants some voices heard. I am done with Glenn Beck too. Anything at 5:00 PM except him.

Therefore, this lioness is here with her pack and my cubs. I will pay attention to Sarah, bar none! She’s the one person that can turn things around. That will not change, unless she says or does something as outrageous as Glenn did. I don’t know which path she will take, but so far 2010 is the focus, and the way to win it is to GO VOTE. Don’t assume the rest of the neighborhood did.

If she runs in ’12, I’ll simply flash my smile, and will be ready to pounce.

ProudPalinFan on July 8, 2010 at 1:20 PM

austinnelly on July 8, 2010 at 12:10 PM

I mean, really.

You’re a moron, through and through.

People say McCain made no use of the internet. That’s false. Obama actually had a great ground game, and the internet was not the only factor in his victory. Excuse me for clarifying the realities of the ’08 election.

What’s life like being such a blatant idiot?

blatantblue on July 8, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Sounds like a WNBA team.

PrezHussein on July 8, 2010 at 1:24 PM

And if you knew anything about the ’08 election, you’d be amazed at how well he did when all the advantages Obama had are taken into account.

But no, austinnelly, you’re an angry, aggressive, stupid, mentally debased idiot

blatantblue on July 8, 2010 at 1:24 PM

austinnelly on July 8, 2010 at 12:10 PM

And I’d rather be called an idiot, and have it be patently false, instead of trying to prove my intelligence all the time (as you do), and have it continually fall short.

blatantblue on July 8, 2010 at 1:26 PM

blatantblue on July 8, 2010 at 1:19 PM
blatantblue on July 8, 2010 at 1:21 PM
blatantblue on July 8, 2010 at 1:24 PM
blatantblue on July 8, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Try Decaff blantant. =)

portlandon on July 8, 2010 at 1:31 PM

The Govenor’s role for 2010 is to be a Conservative activist getting good, commonsense Conservatives elected to Congress. Come 2011, she’ll evolve into a presidential candidate quite easily after her massive wins this election.

Enoxo on July 8, 2010 at 1:32 PM

portlandon on July 8, 2010 at 1:31 PM

Normally I’d ignore it.

Been recording all day and night at a studio and I’m tired and a bit cranky!

blatantblue on July 8, 2010 at 1:33 PM

A Palin thread just wouldn’t be complete without ninjapirate and TheBlueSite sharing their little pearls of wisdom with the rest of us.

As for the video, very well done and very inspiring. If Palin dropped out of politics tomorrow, her legacy would be these women (and young girls) who have become motivated to make a difference by taking back their government from the DC elites who created the financial mess we are now in.

Redneck Woman on July 8, 2010 at 1:46 PM

Normally I’d ignore it.

Been recording all day and night at a studio and I’m tired and a bit cranky!

blatantblue on July 8, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Resume fire! You’ve earned it. =)

portlandon on July 8, 2010 at 1:49 PM

portlandon on July 8, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Also, ANelly is just always a grouchy poster

Just kind of obnoxious. Always has to start attacking people out of nowhere

blatantblue on July 8, 2010 at 1:51 PM

DAVID FRUM IS A DEMOCRAT LIBERAL PLANT!!!

He plays the race card with Palin’s new video

Directly from Frum:

“Here’s Sarah Palin’s new ad. Lots of images of the former governor speaking to adoring crowds, meeting admirers, encountering women and children….

Republicans normally work hard to ensure that their ads feature non-white faces, to present an image of welcome and inclusion.

In Palin’s ad — not one. Now listen carefully to the audio, which twice warns of a “fundamental transformation of America,” twice emphasizes a threat to children and grandchildren from malign unnamed forces.

I think she’s talking about healthcare. I hope so. But she never does say so.”

portlandon on July 8, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Redneck Woman on July 8, 2010 at 1:46 PM

There’s a guy who goes by ninjapirate on freerepublic.com. He doesn’t make any sense either.

bw222 on July 8, 2010 at 1:56 PM

portlandon on July 8, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Frum is really bent on making himself irrelevant.

Oh well.

He has fallen a long way since his help on Farenhype 9/11

blatantblue on July 8, 2010 at 1:58 PM

I don’t think she is running. But I do think she is building something that once its momentum kicks into high gear, it’s going to scare the living crap out of every liberal Democrat out there.

This is the Woman’s Movement that should have been in the first place, not the tired dinosaur that once was NOW!

pilamaye on July 8, 2010 at 12:16 PM

I like Sarah don’t get me wrong
I think she would work better as a high cabinet member like energy czar

Personally – I hope Sara is the third leg of a relay
and really garners support without running in the primaries – instead waiting and endorsing what conservative stands for

don’t hear it yet and the mid terms are only 5 months away
(they better get it going and stand for something in a big way)

if she runs third party – repub vote split

with independants, youth and those swayed by the msm
she is a backwoods liability –
the youth who don’t pay taxes still feel Obama is the rock sstar and can’t see the difference, many just as gullible (handout mentality people do to)

sorry to say but the unenployed and underemployed is our only chance to sway their ignorant friends

audiotom on July 8, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Don’t try and outrun a grizzly – you’ll just die tired.

Wyatt Wingfoot on July 8, 2010 at 1:16 PM

It’s recommended if you encounter a grizzly, that you roll up in a fetal position, and protect your inner organs. What are the odds Chris Matthews ends up in a fetal position….pretty good.

Dr Evil on July 8, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Frum is really bent on making himself irrelevant.

Oh well.

He has fallen a long way since his help on Farenhype 9/11

blatantblue on July 8, 2010 at 1:58 PM

I agree. However this kind of attack, the “race card” being spewed by a supposed “conservative” is right out of the democrat/liberal playbook.

David Frum is now totally exposed for the fraud he has always been.

F___ David Frum.

portlandon on July 8, 2010 at 2:01 PM

I tend to like the leaders who create messages that are more humble- don’t go out of your way to show your “fans” and the adoration for you.

TheBlueSite on July 8, 2010 at 11:55 AM

Yeah.

When Palin starts orchestrating a pattern of worshippers so overwhelmed they faint in her presence you’re claim that she’s some egomaniacal narcissist unparalleled heretofore seriously.

KittyLowrey on July 8, 2010 at 2:09 PM

As always, she speaks absolute truth.
I liked that.

pambi on July 8, 2010 at 2:13 PM

I bet if she does a speech at an African American’s some women organization she’d be blasted for fishing AA’s votes and that is raaaaaaacist!!!

ProudPalinFan on July 8, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Enoxo on July 8, 2010

Now that would be sweet!
If she does run I vow to work my considerable a$$ off for her. I don’t think the Dems or their fluffers in the media have a clue what the size of her army would be.

Extrafishy on July 8, 2010 at 2:17 PM

Wow, that video DID give me a tingle, pretty much through my whole body! Can’t WAIT for NOvember!!!!!!

Fishoutofwater on July 8, 2010 at 2:20 PM

portlandon on July 8, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Just when I think David Frum can’t sink any lower, he somehow manages to do it.

He is entering a Sullivan level of paranoia and irrelevance.

Norwegian on July 8, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Too bad Sarah is more Chicken Little than grizzly when it comes to doing real interviews with the press. So I guess we’ll never find out. Or maybe Chris should offer her a speaking fee for an interview- that seems to give Sarah plenty of motivation!

bayam on July 8, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Says Brave Bold bayam, who posts on an internet site behind an assumed name.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

hrh40 on July 8, 2010 at 2:35 PM

bayam on July 8, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Yes it’s apparent Sarah Palin isn’t a socialist like Matthews.

Dr Evil on July 8, 2010 at 2:38 PM

bayam on July 8, 2010 at 2:26 PM

roflmao…Gove Palin has done more interviews in the last 12 months than any other national politican. from TV like Pprah and hannity as weel as Greta and BOR to Radio From rush to many local radio show hosts To print of local newspapers. she takes questions from the press in a free style environment like at the Tenn court house to questions yelled as she walks the line like andre mitchell at her book signing.

If Obama would have done half the interviews Palin has he would have been exposed as the idiot he is long ago.

Oh and BTW she will be on eric holding’s BUSINESS show tonight on FNB channel. yet another interview she is doing. and Obama and other national candidates are where?

unseen on July 8, 2010 at 2:44 PM

bayam on July 8, 2010 at 2:26 PM

What press? The irrelevant ones? Why would anyone give them the time of day?

tinkerthinker on July 8, 2010 at 2:59 PM

unseen on July 8, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Ouch, a little b1tch slapping?
Obama has been MIA for the past year, while Palin has been out leading the pack.
Grizzlies do not fear beta dogs…they just sit in the corner and whine…

right2bright on July 8, 2010 at 3:03 PM

and Obama and other national candidates are where?

unseen on July 8, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Let’s see the latest news is BP isn’t paying the Fisherman for ruining their livelihoods in the gulf, like The President promised they would…so if I had to guess, he is playing golf ;)

Dr Evil on July 8, 2010 at 3:18 PM

One of the most overlooked aspects of why Sarah Palin is in the crosshairs of the Obama war room, the Far Left and the MSM currently and has been actually been in their sights over the last 23 months is Palin’s high-tech savvy to utilize 21st c techology (the Internet, e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, blackberries, cell phone etc.) in a very effective manner to get her message out and to raise money,

If there is one thing I know about Obama, he doesn’t like to compete with his opponents on a level playing field, and there is no way he wants to compete with someone in 2012 who is as high-tech savvy as he and his team are.

McCain and his team were in the dinosaur age compared to the Messiah in 2008 with their use of modern technology. If Palin gains the GOP nomination in 2012 you will see a completely different campaign imho than was run in 2008.

technopeasant on July 8, 2010 at 11:47 AM

Oh yeah. Even more scary, for Obama, is the fact she has more than one Blackbery, and has been know to sit through important meetings, juggling those Blackberrys, and yet still absorb every word that was being said!

I’ve heard people say she has a photographic memory. Wouldn’t surprise me. I do know this, she is an incredible multi-tasker. Most moms with young, growing families are.

Sarah has never ever run a conventional campaign. She will confuse the hell out of the beltway “intelligentsia” They won’t understand.

Besides being as tech savvy as they come in politics, she’s also better at retail politics than anyone out there.

She will destroy Obama.

gary4205 on July 8, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Great video! After I watched it, I read the YouTube comments. If you haven’t read them, don’t bother, they are typical, stupid, uninformed, hateful, liberal BS. It’s because of people like them, that voted for Obamidiot, that our Country is in the mess it’s in today.

Susanboo on July 8, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Yep. Of course, a lot of us has known that for some time now. She made that perfectly clear with her Branstead endorsement in Iowa.

2012 will be a battle between Sarah, Mittens and the Huckster. Newt might be the fourth player. I don’t see anyone else being in contention.

Norwegian on July 8, 2010 at 11:55 AM

Lonesome Rhodes Huckabee isn’t going to run. He just put a deal together to syndicate his cornball show full of fried squirrel recipes and tortuous bass playing.

He’s trying to be what everyone accused Sarah of wanting: “The Conservative Oprah”

BTW, the fanboys over at Willard Central are losing their minds because Tingles Matthews says Sarah is Teh Won. They actually believe Mr RomneyCare has a shot.

DELUSIONAL.

gary4205 on July 8, 2010 at 3:38 PM

Yeah well I hope the Mama Grizzly Gals do to the left what one does in real life to an adversary! BWT Sarah’s diction has improved 1000% since the 08 campaign. Sarah sounds focused in that spot. Now if she gets a handle on all the issues we have a winner! I mean she was only plucked from virtual obscurity in 08 and all that was asked of her was to show her capability to manage the most powerful and complex nation that ever exsisted. Thats all !!!

sonnyspats1 on July 8, 2010 at 3:45 PM

Saw Sarah Cuda in Nofolk, VA a couple of weeks ago. She doesn’t say a dang thing about running. What she is doing is getting people off of their a$$ and becoming involved which is exactly what needs to happen this November.And by the way, my knees are still sore from all the standing ovations while listening to her message.

Les in NC on July 8, 2010 at 12:29 PM

EXACTLY.

While Willard, Newt, and the rest of the stupid party are out there maneuvering for 2012, she is focused like a laser on 2010. All she talks about is 2010. If we don’t win NOW, 2012 won’t even matter. There will be nothing left to govern.

Romney, Gingrich, and all of the other rat bastards who want to sit in the White House can’t be bothered with saving the nation, they are trying to enhance their own careers.

This is why Sarah Palin will be the next President.

This is also why, even though she isn’t talking about it, everyone else is. People know leadership when they see it.

People know that Sarah knows this is bigger than her, or any one else. It’s all about saving the nation.

gary4205 on July 8, 2010 at 3:56 PM

You mean she’s done interviews with members of the press who agree with her politically. Let’s see, where do politicians only agree to ‘friendly’ interviews…. Russia and Venezuela come to mind.

If Rudy Giuliani and Fred Thompson can take on the press and win- proving their character and intelligence in the face of tough questions- why should Sarah get a free pass? It’s part of our democratic political culture to let the press interrogate candidates. You should trust the wisdom and foresight of our Founding Fathers. Sarah needs to step up and stop hiding in the shadows of Rush and Hannity.

bayam on July 8, 2010 at 3:58 PM

bayam on July 8, 2010 at 3:58 PM

Yet she won’t do it with those who are PANTING, FULL ON HYPERVENTILATING for a chance to bring her on?

Wow, would you want Olbermann, Maddow or Chrissy Tingles drooling over you? Naaaaaa I don’t think so.

upinak on July 8, 2010 at 4:04 PM

bayam on July 8, 2010 at 4:04 PM

I loved the video! I have no problem relating to a mama Grizzly. It is not to “scary” for me, and we have no bears in Iowa.

This is RIGHT ON THE MONEY!

IowaWoman on July 8, 2010 at 4:05 PM

bayam on July 8, 2010 at 3:58 PM

Why would she want to help any of the people who smear her by raising their ratings?

That’s just plain dumb. Besides why go on a low rated program where hardly anyone is watching, when you can go on a highly rated program where more people are watching – larger audience.

Dr Evil on July 8, 2010 at 4:05 PM

“Moms just kinda know when something is wrong”
And something is definitely wrong.
This is more an appeal to sanity than to identity politics. It appeals to me, and I’m a man.
It’s been obvious for a while now that large numbers of Moms – some of whom voted for Bill Clinton in college, and maybe even Hillary more recently – have noticed that these kooks are destroying opportunity and liberty for their children.
Get on the bus Republicans.
“On our present course, are your children going to be better off than you? More or less individual freedoms? More or less economic freedom and opportunity? More or less ability to use and enjoy their own private property?”
This appeals to more than just moms. Younger people, more libertarian people, conservative Democrats, people of all races. Pretty much anyone who isn’t hard left.
forest on July 8, 2010 at 12:14 PM

I’m a Mama Grizzly! I am so angry about what Soros and the Hatefilled Left are doing to this country. My son starts college in the fall. He is majoring in Electrical Engineering and I pray that he will be able to get a job when he graduates. So you’re right forest I’m involved and I’ve fired ip my husband.

I read Going Rogue and Sarah is a person who got and gets involved because she cares. She lives her faith and convictions. She is a fighter and I don’t see anyone else doing what she is doing to oppose Obama. I support her financially but more importantly I pray for her and her family every day!

CCRWM on July 8, 2010 at 4:30 PM

upinak on July 8, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Why should I have confidence in someone to protect national security if they were too afraid to meet members of the press not enamored of them?

Bradky on July 8, 2010 at 4:30 PM

Larger audience of Republicans who won’t help her win a general election.

Tell me the last time Pat Buchanan or Fred Thompson (or Margaret Thatcher) backed out of a prime-time interview opportunity for any reason, not to mention the fear of looking bad? If Palin could answer tough questions with intelligence and poise, no one would be able to smear her. Grizzlies don’t run away from challenging words. She can’t hide forever.

bayam on July 8, 2010 at 4:30 PM

President Sarah Palin of the United States, has a good ring to it…. I can almost hear our troops cheer overseas when they see this video….:lol

dec5 on July 8, 2010 at 4:35 PM

When google can’t find the answer they ask

VegasRick on July 8, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Susanboo on July 8, 2010 at 4:40 PM

Geez, what is wrong with this computer? I was just cutting and pasting and it posted!!

Susanboo on July 8, 2010 at 4:43 PM

Bradky on July 8, 2010 at 4:30 PM

Umm you are a canadian. Why the hell do you care? But either way, why would she want some sick individuals who in one way or another, want her dead?

upinak on July 8, 2010 at 4:43 PM

Bradky on July 8, 2010 at 4:30 PM

What would you have done with yourself if you lived in a time that MSNBC & DKOS didn’t exist?

portlandon on July 8, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Come together… right now… over me.

Drool.

Daggett on July 8, 2010 at 4:47 PM

“Lot of women coming together.”

This threw me for a second…….

csdeven on July 8, 2010 at 4:50 PM

When google can’t find the answer they ask Sarah Palin.

VegasRick on July 8, 2010 at 12:21 PM

As I was going to say:
Maybe some of the posters here need to ask Sarah Palin how to spell, punctuate and use the “Preview” button below. I can now add myself to that list, as I do not seem to be able to use my own computer!

Susanboo on July 8, 2010 at 4:50 PM

bayam on July 8, 2010 at 4:30 PM

I can imagine the “tough questions”:

1. Don’t you think you are neglecting your children with all your high profile, money-making activities?

2. Why do you appeal so much to racists?

3. How can you call yourself a feminist when you are antichoice for women?

4. Who are Trig’s real parents?

ProfessorMiao on July 8, 2010 at 4:51 PM

Yes, Yes, anyone one who disagrees is merely looking for a handout. But not me.

Observation on July 8, 2010 at 4:51 PM

It is simply amazing that all you brave individuals lie in wait in your Mom’s basements for a Palin Thread,or a racial Thread, or an atheism Thread, anything but an Obama Thread, because even you have realized that his actions are indefensible. Sarah Palin is calling him out and is your biggest threat.

kingsjester on July 8, 2010 at 4:52 PM

bayam on July 8, 2010 at 4:30 PM

“wash rinse and repeat” Fox News gets higher ratings among all the political demographics, Conservative, Independent, and yes they even have Liberal viewers.

Organizing for America needs fresh trolls – just sayin you all are really getting lame with the – If Palin only raised Chris Matthews ratings up on MSNBC by appearing, people could take her serious…how when no one watches or takes Chris Matthews serious?

Dr Evil on July 8, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Quite honestly, I really hope neither Romney or Palin run… if you were a big name in 2008 you need to just go away in 2012… we need fresh faces..

ninjapirate on July 8, 2010 at 11:45 AM

If you’ve been saying this since 2008 you just need to go away, period. We need new commentators..

jimmy2shoes on July 8, 2010 at 4:56 PM

upinak on July 8, 2010 at 4:43 PM

Actually I am an American. You whined about me being obnoxious yet you are the one ascribing things like you posted to me with no basis in fact.

portlandon on July 8, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Well I did live in a time when neither existed. Nothing has changed much – I read a wide variety of news sources for substance, read op-eds from both sides for perspective, and get on the innertube sites for a good chuckle on occasion.

kingsjester on July 8, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Do you have any more original comebacks than “your Mom’s basement”?

Bradky on July 8, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Bradky on July 8, 2010 at 4:30 PM

Like O’bama?

Del Dolemonte on July 8, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Shut the hell up blatantblue on July 8, 2010 at 1:19 PM

austinnelly has not only been around longer than you, but has expressed a lot more information and depth that you.

All this obscene blather only reflects badly on your own reactionary indiscreet response. You tell your mom, employer or co-workers to STHU convinced that’s how to win friends and influence people?

/BTW, on a fresh note, how’d the Census count go? Still counting, or is it over already? I didn’t notice any national news stories mentioning Blatant Blue as either victim or arrestee, so you’re likely in one piece still. Good.

maverick muse on July 8, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Do you have any more original comebacks than “your Mom’s basement”?

Bradky on July 8, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Plenty. But I won’t engage in a battle of wits with you. I never fight anyone who’s unarmed.

kingsjester on July 8, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Well, she’s got the whitebread dork vote with that moniker. For sure.

TheBlueSite on July 8, 2010 at 11:50 AM

I do believe the proper term, according to Shabazz, is cracker.

jimmy2shoes on July 8, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Del Dolemonte on July 8, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Ah yes the ol either or fallacy. If I am not wowed by Palin I must be an Obama fan.
Sorry to disappoint but in my view they are both amateurs who don’t have what we need in a leader.

Bradky on July 8, 2010 at 5:08 PM

bayam on July 8, 2010 at 4:30 PM

You were much funnier on Captain’s Quarters.

Del Dolemonte on July 8, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Bradky on July 8, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Thanks for not answering my question.

Del Dolemonte on July 8, 2010 at 5:09 PM

portlandon on July 8, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Well I did live in a time when neither existed.

Bradky on July 8, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Impossible. Aren’t you a 12 year old?

portlandon on July 8, 2010 at 5:09 PM

kingsjester on July 8, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Poor KJ… angry, bitter and frustrated is no way to spend your middle age.

Bradky on July 8, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Impossible. Aren’t you a 12 year old?

portlandon on July 8, 2010 at 5:09 PM

lol if you say so. There were only 49 stars on the flag when I was born.

Thanks for not answering my question.

Del Dolemonte on July 8, 2010 at 5:09 PM

I thought I answered it but to be clear – yes Obama and Palin are alike in that they are amateurs.

Bradky on July 8, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Bradky on July 8, 2010 at 4:30 PM

Like O’bama?

Del Dolemonte on July 8, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Including Obama.

maverick muse on July 8, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Will these “Mamma Grizzlies” call, before it is too late, on Barack Hussein Obama to get off his dead ass long enough to call in clarion terms for the Iranians not to murder a poor woman, whom they have already brutally lashed 99 times, by stoning her to death?

I know his priority is for NASA to praise Islam by crediting them with all manner of scientific and engineering accomplishments that they never made, but it is high time for every American, including him, to denounce this evil abomination on mankind and this beyond evil abomination on womankind.

Luka on July 8, 2010 at 5:14 PM

Bradky on July 8, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Angry? You betcha…that the greatest country in the history of the world is being defiled by the worst president since its’inception.

Bitter? Not by a long shot, skippy. Greater is He that is in me…

Frustrated? Nope. Bemused? Yep.

kingsjester on July 8, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Bradky on July 8, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Palin is doing her job in a much more professional manner than POS Obama is doing his.

Luka on July 8, 2010 at 5:17 PM

kingsjester on July 8, 2010 at 5:16 PM

When people start using “You betcha” in their written work it is clear they have drunk deep of the Palin koolaid.

Bradky on July 8, 2010 at 5:18 PM

bayam on July 8, 2010 at 3:58 PM

She’s not running for anything at the moment, and besides I must’ve missed that part of the Constitution that requires candidates to appear on Meet the Press, This Week and MSNBC.

Bradky on July 8, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Unlike professionals like John McCain.

ddrintn on July 8, 2010 at 5:18 PM

ddrintn on July 8, 2010 at 5:18 PM

If I didn’t know better I’d think you have dropped a trojan on my comp so that you know when I post to HA!

Bradky on July 8, 2010 at 5:19 PM

Bradky on July 8, 2010 at 5:18 PM

People were known to use the term long before we even knew who Palin is. I guess wearing glasses is likewise a sign of Kool Aid addiction.

ddrintn on July 8, 2010 at 5:19 PM

Bradky on July 8, 2010 at 5:18 PM

I put it there to tweek you, skippy. Glad to know I can count on you.

kingsjester on July 8, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Luka on July 8, 2010 at 5:14 PM

I was thinking there would be a post about here on Hot Air, maybe someone from the Green Room is working on a Post on the Topic.

Dr Evil on July 8, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Bradky on July 8, 2010 at 5:19 PM

Don’t need a trojan. Just look for a Palin thread.

ddrintn on July 8, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Luka on July 8, 2010 at 5:17 PM

Job? Ah you mean the speaking fees. What exactly does that produce beside hopeful dreams of her followers and a ton of cash in her bank account?
Kudos for making the money but it shows nothing when it comes to leadership ability. If book tours and sales were the standard some pretty far out lefties should be president by that logic.

Bradky on July 8, 2010 at 5:22 PM

There were only 49 stars on the flag when I was born.

Bradky on July 8, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Liar. There are no stars on the Canadian flag.

portlandon on July 8, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Bradky on July 8, 2010 at 5:22 PM

OK, maybe she can get out there and dig ditches with Newt.

ddrintn on July 8, 2010 at 5:23 PM

Don’t need a trojan. Just look for a Palin thread.

ddrintn on July 8, 2010 at 5:20 PM

First one I’ve commented on in a few weeks. Did comment on a couple of other threads though.

And for young whippersnappers like you please remember that you shouldn’t comment without protection ;)

Bradky on July 8, 2010 at 5:23 PM

Liar. There are no stars on the Canadian flag.

portlandon on July 8, 2010 at 5:22 PM

believe what you like…

Bradky on July 8, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Bradky on July 8, 2010 at 5:23 PM

LOL…my remarks must’ve stung. You’re posting token comments in non-Palin threads now. ROFL

“Few weeks”? I’ll bet not.

ddrintn on July 8, 2010 at 5:25 PM

Liar. There are no stars on the Canadian flag.

portlandon on July 8, 2010 at 5:22 PM

GRIN It’s not a maple leaf he’s smokin LOL!

Dr Evil on July 8, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Extrafishy on July 8, 2010 at 2:17 PM

I’m in.

miConsevative on July 8, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Bradky on July 8, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Have you been paying no attention at all to recent elections?

Luka on July 8, 2010 at 5:26 PM

“Few weeks”? I’ll bet not.

ddrintn on July 8, 2010 at 5:25 PM

I’m touched that you missed me but work and family has kept me pretty engaged the past month. I was sad that you didn’t show up in the threads I did post in — almost seems as if you are the one only commenting in Palin threads!

Bradky on July 8, 2010 at 5:29 PM

Have you been paying no attention at all to recent elections?

Luka on July 8, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Yes but she is batting about 500 right now. I did however give her full credit for the sun rising this morning /sarc

Bradky on July 8, 2010 at 5:30 PM

Bradky on July 8, 2010 at 5:29 PM

Occasionally. Not exclusively. And mostly in reply to anti-Palin obsessives, ya know.

ddrintn on July 8, 2010 at 5:31 PM