Video: The nice young man Eric Holder let off the hook

posted at 10:00 pm on July 6, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

When Attorney General Eric Holder suddenly reversed course and had the DoJ dismiss the voter-intimidation case against two New Black Panther Party activists stemming from an incident in 2008 in Philadelphia, many questioned why the DoJ would quit a case it had already won. Attorneys within the DoJ wondered why the federal government had suddenly become disinterested in voter intimidation. Some, like Christian Adams, Asheesh Agarwal, and Mark Corallo have gone public with their outrage, and also wonder where the hell Congress has gone in its duty to oversee the executive branch and its enforcement of laws Congress passed.

Well, look, maybe this was just a bad day for the defendants. Maybe they were just nice young men who took civic engagement to a momentary extreme of enthusiasm. They’re probably just nice guys caught in a single instance of bad judgment … right? Er, not exactly, as Naked Emperor News and Breitbart’s B-Cast discovers after watching National Geographic:

Lovely. Someone’s crackers, and I’d say it’s the people who decided to drop the case against this lunatic.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Perhaps he should consider emigrating to the homeland.

Little Boomer on July 7, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Fox News should be sticking a microphone in the face of every Democrat running for office in November and asking where they stand on the conduct of Holder’s DOJ in this Black Panther matter.

BuckeyeSam on July 7, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Yes. Yes. YES.

petefrt on July 7, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Imagine an America without Crackers….and their babies.

Electrongod on July 6, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Zimbabwe comes to mind.

jimmy2shoes on July 7, 2010 at 12:48 PM

To whoever asked me about racism where I live: Honestly, no, I haven’t experienced it here or anywhere else. I’ve always lived in multicultural areas.

Narutoboy on July 6, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Care to name some of the places you’ve lived?

When I see similar statements on blacks (stereotyping, constant and unnecessary mentioning of affirm action, a phrase used so much here that it was banned!), Muslims (constant talk of eradicating the religion and people, talk of rounding up Muslims to be put in internment camps like FDR did with the Japanese — I have the quote), and hispanics (“Wetbakistan” phrased used by regular Hot Air member and defended by some others), I start to wonder.

Narutoboy on July 6, 2010 at 11:49 PM

FDR put Japanese Americans in internment camps, kid.

FYI, I grew up in one of the most racist places in the US. It still is decades later. You may have heard of it, it’s a Blue state out in the middle of the Pacific.

Del Dolemonte on July 7, 2010 at 12:56 PM

This douche bag reminds me of a guy we have down here in Dallas by the name of John Wiley Price. JWP has mellowed quite a bit over the last 15 years, but prior to his mellowing, the sumbeech was protesting any/everything as racism and some of his closest confidants eventually let it out that JWP was looking for someone to off his racist lying agitaor ass so he could be as big a martyr as MLK. This Shabazz phuc smells a lot like that to me.

44Magnum on July 7, 2010 at 12:57 PM

This better damn well be on Fox News tonight.

Thune on July 7, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Ah….to be a young ungrateful, racist, ignorant, ill-educated, thug.

And the conservatives are the raaaaaaaacists right?

Wonder if he’ll now be given an ambasadorship in the Obama Thugocracy – or maybe he could be the new “Cracker Czar”?

D0uchebag with a capital “D”

Tim_CA on July 7, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Isn’t this video evidence of a hate crime?

Can he not be arrested and imprissoned for calling for the murder of white people?

Thune on July 7, 2010 at 1:07 PM

This is hotair – if you hold back, everybody assumes you’re a beta male. So I would have at it, if I were you.

platypus on July 7, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Ok, platy, next time it’s on! No holding back. Beta male? Nahhh. I’ve got way too much fire power in the safe–and I’m clinging to it real bitterly.

Gang-of-One on July 7, 2010 at 1:15 PM

Rush is talking about this “cracker baby killa” dude again today.

this needs to get out wider and wider. I don’t know why drudge doesn’t put it up big time.

ted c on July 7, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Panthers are an endangered species. An “endangered” species is one that is in danger of extinction throughout all or a significant portion of its habitat. The causes of a species of becoming endangered are due to habitat destruction (shooting up the hood), introduction of exotic species (white people), disease (crack), pollution (ganja smoke) and over exploitation (hip hop music). Maybe it would be kinder, and in the best interest of this Panther, to put him in a zoo.

scullymj on July 7, 2010 at 1:25 PM

This better damn well be on Fox News tonight.

Thune on July 7, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Part of that clip was from FoxNews, besides that Rush has been talking about it on his show today, playing the audio from the clip and discussing various aspects of it. A lot of people have been exposed to this in the last 24 hours.

Oldnuke on July 7, 2010 at 1:27 PM

Rush is talking about this “cracker baby killa” dude again today.

ted c on July 7, 2010 at 1:24 PM

What we need is for Jake Tapper or Major Garrett to stick a mike in Obama’s face at a press conference and pin him down on it. Oh yeah, he doesn’t do press conferences. Well maybe beltway Bob could get the question…as if.

Oldnuke on July 7, 2010 at 1:32 PM

Del Dolemonte on July 7, 2010 at 12:56 PM

My best friend of many years, a Filipino, was born and raised in this particular Blue state. We go ’round and ’round debating this. He usually ends up calling me cracker and Nazi. It’s not appropriate to mention what I call him.

Gang-of-One on July 7, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Oldnuke on July 7, 2010 at 1:32 PM

Let’s do our part and contact them both. I’ll post something at “Political Punch” for JT.

ted c on July 7, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Should he be considered as a replacement for Mr. Holder?

DL13 on July 7, 2010 at 1:37 PM

Seems like a nice fellow!

MCGIRV on July 7, 2010 at 1:37 PM

Political Punch has a thread up about this, but it only gets to first base on the testimony by Adams. It seems like weak tea

ted c on July 7, 2010 at 1:43 PM

I’ll be surprised if any Driveby MSM outlet covers this.

bbordwell on July 7, 2010 at 1:49 PM

The Obama justice department’s double standard: Bashing Arizona for imagined racism while looking the other way at actual racism (on video). Eric Holder is a coward for dropping the charges against the black panthers.

TN Mom on July 7, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Imagine an America without Crackers….and their babies.

Electrongod on July 6, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Zimbabwe comes to mind.

jimmy2shoes on July 7, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Some people believe America is a place. They don’t realize it’s a people, and a place. It requires both to exist.

DFCtomm on July 7, 2010 at 2:00 PM

This guy’s hatred is eating him from the inside out. It’s pulverizing his soul. Real racism destroys…first the haters, then the victims.

That’s why I get so angry by little children like Naturoboy. He’s always stirring the pot, trying to drum up the ‘racism’ charge because someone didn’t use his approved PC word. Because he’s ignorant and young, he has no idea how destructive real racism is…and he certainly doesn’t have the fortitude or intelligence to stand against it.

*Steps off soapbox*. I’m done now.

Grace_is_sufficient on July 7, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Perhaps there’s some kind of NASA outreach.

nico on July 7, 2010 at 2:05 PM

Isn’t this video evidence of a hate crime?
Thune on July 7, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Only if the situation was reversed. Hate speech and hate crime is a one way street.

FireBlogger on July 7, 2010 at 2:06 PM

I prefer that nice young man to Obama any day of the week.

At least he is honest.

Stepan on July 7, 2010 at 2:10 PM

Imagine!

Imagine how popular The One would be if we got rid of all those pesky white fools.
boma would have to tax the poor and welefare getters.

Imagine how our media would love the country then.

Imagine the GDP.

IlikedAUH2O on July 7, 2010 at 9:30 AM

Would not be a problem as there would be no media just state sponsored BS outlets.Oh wait?

Col.John Wm. Reed on July 7, 2010 at 2:11 PM

Wow, Reverend Wright has lost so much weight!

nico on July 7, 2010 at 2:14 PM

I just had the most pleasurable thought

a German shepard feeding frenzy

with the special of the day being…..

Sonosam on July 7, 2010 at 2:28 PM

If there were no white people, there would be no Obama.

People like King Shabazz Whatsit need to understand we’re not racist. We don’t like Obama’s white half either.

RebeccaH on July 7, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Rush has just beat up King Shabazz for the third time today. A caller indicated that King said what he had to say in order to stay King….a la Bill Clinton.

meh

ted c on July 7, 2010 at 2:51 PM

Gang-of-One on July 7, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Ask him sometime why, in the summer of 2008, wiki mysteriously scrubbed its reference to O’bama’s alma mater, Punahou School, engaging in the time honored Hawaiian school practice known as “Kill Haole Day”.

Del Dolemonte on July 7, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Now Hannity is tearing into this story….playing the “kill those white crackers” sound clips on the air.

ouch.

ted c on July 7, 2010 at 3:13 PM

I see KS mom bought him a Mr. Microphone for his birthday.
ha ha Put a goofy uniform on a candyass weirdo and watch the hilarity ensue!

sonnyspats1 on July 7, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Stepan on July 7, 2010 at 2:10 PM

Laura in Maryland on July 7, 2010 at 4:03 PM

The cameraman acted stupidly.

/Obowmao

Laura in Maryland on July 7, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Del Dolemonte on July 7, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Will do. Thanks for the tip. I’ll enjoy yanking my “brah’s” chain again with this new ammo.

I gotta google that myself. Wonder if I’ll find anything.

Gang-of-One on July 7, 2010 at 4:10 PM

Well this is interesting, probably wont’ amount to much but it keeps the spotlight on Holder and his boss a while longer.

Oldnuke on July 7, 2010 at 4:28 PM

What a bright, clean, articulate young man. Maybe the democrats can run him for public office?

Inanemergencydial on July 7, 2010 at 4:43 PM

Bring it, sunshine. I’ve got plenty of ammo, and I’m willing to bet my life that the Marine Corps trained me to use my weapon far more effectively than you. Won’t lose a minute of sleep afterwards, either. Just taking out the garbage.

quikstrike98 on July 7, 2010 at 4:44 PM

The Obama administration is worldly and the world is evil, hence the Obama administration is evil.

Obama sat in Rev. Wright’s church for decades.

This wouldn’t make him flinch in the least.

Stupidity is the best friend evil has, after cowardice. Obama voters should think about that.

NoDonkey on July 7, 2010 at 5:00 PM

FDR put Japanese Americans in internment camps, kid.

Del Dolemonte on July 7, 2010 at 12:56 PM

I know who FDR put in internment camps, you moron. And that wasn’t the point. Maybe you missed it….”talk of rounding up Muslims to be put in internment camps”

Narutoboy on July 7, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Didn’t sound too open to a beer fest at the Cra–, er, ah, White House did he?
Thank God Holder cra–,er, ah, the whip and made sure this BP Dude couldn’t be armed near a polling station until 2012. Tell me when’s Obama’s next election is again?

chickasaw42 on July 7, 2010 at 5:35 PM

As for this issue, racism is coming from all sides, and the evidence is in the video above, that it’s not just coming from white people.

capejasmine on July 7, 2010 at 12:31 AM

You just asked me if California voting down gay marriage was racism. That is stupid for a lot of reasons, one being that gays aren’t a race.

Narutoboy on July 7, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Oh… I hope some of my leftist, Obama votin ‘white’ buds from Philly run into this crap on South Street. Overt racism at it’s best. As opposed to covert racism, as practiced by the New DOJ

RalphyBoy on July 7, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Is this clown employed somewhere?

Inanemergencydial on July 7, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Narutoboy on July 7, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Did you also know that German and Italian Americans were also rounded up? FDR being the favorite president and all. FDR the champion of civil rights! All hail FDR! Obama has already stated he would stand with the Muslims, you have no worries Narutoboy. It’s the Christians and Jews that need worry.

IowaWoman on July 7, 2010 at 6:40 PM

IowaWoman on July 7, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Did you have a point to your rambling?

By the way, I’d advise you to read Obama’s actual quote on “standing with Muslims.” It isn’t as controversial as you kooks make it seem.

Narutoboy on July 7, 2010 at 6:47 PM

one being that gays aren’t a race.

Narutoboy on July 7, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Neither is African American so what’s your point.

Oldnuke on July 7, 2010 at 6:58 PM

discovers after watching National Geographic:

“National Geographic” is a Racist Homophobic organization that kills baby seals with baseball bats cover with Spotted Owl feathers soaked in DDT!

DSchoen on July 7, 2010 at 9:23 PM

It would seem boy got out of bed at 1738.
Narutoboy on July 7, 2010 at 5:38 PM
We think it might be fun to run a tally today on the number of times boy responds with,“Moron,stupid,kook” or some other equally worthwhile reply?
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.
Winston Churchill

Col.John Wm. Reed on July 7, 2010 at 9:41 PM

Narutoboy on July 7, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Why am I not surprised to see you showing up and spewing sh1t, defending the indefensible yet again?

Predictable.

Midas on July 7, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Say hello to Obozo’s future Urban Renewal CzarKommissar.

CPT. Charles on July 7, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Tonight’s entertainment for boy to work on.
Rhode Island enforces the law,Arizona gets sued. 3 Guys in Jasper drag a man to death they get time for a hate crime of henious nature. The NBP’s get a pass. Explain why there should not be universal contempt for Holder et al and the DOJ.
We either have a nation of laws or we have detroit,South La and Philly third world sections of formally good cities.Permit it,defend it, and live in fear with the NBP and their ilk or stamp out this behavior once and for all.
Boy if you can explain this it will be fun reading?

Col.John Wm. Reed on July 7, 2010 at 10:17 PM

If the republican party was a legitimate opposition party to the demofascists there would be commercials playing during primetime explaining what holder did and showing who he let off the hook. But they aren’t and boehner, mcconnell and all thier toadies are hoping the Tea Parties will carry them on to another big payday.

peacenprosperity on July 7, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Is this clown employed somewhere?
Inanemergencydial on July 7, 2010 at 6:03 PM

I would bet my good hard earned money that he is on welfare or supported by acorn.

peacenprosperity on July 7, 2010 at 10:35 PM

LMFAO, is this this King’s myspace page?

Inanemergencydial on July 7, 2010 at 10:54 PM

LOL~ Maybe this is his myspace page…What a clown!

Inanemergencydial on July 7, 2010 at 10:56 PM

…I intend to help monitor polling places in the inner city here in Des Moines…It should be interesting…I will make sure not to have any stickers on my car though…

lovingmyUSA on July 7, 2010 at 10:32 AM

I salute you!
And agree that we’d better be on guard,
and prepare for their Election Day dirty tricks!

God Bless

“Let’s Roll”

On Watch on July 8, 2010 at 2:31 AM

Narutoboy on July 6, 2010 at 11:27 PM
You are a fraud.

Jason58 on July 8, 2010 at 10:52 AM

I’m actually skinny and somewhat muscular. Think Bruce Lee.

Narutoboy on July 6, 2010 at 11:27 PM

That’s the beauty of the internet ! You could be anyone you wwant ! Hey everyone !! I look like Brad Pitt !!

cableguy615 on July 8, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Joe Biden: This fine man was very articulate.

Harry R*id: That’s right, Joe. He didn’t even have the traditional dialect.

MeatHeadinCA on July 6, 2010 at 10:54 PM

Don’t forget Groucho Biden said surprisingly he was “clean” ! Evidently he never met a black person with good personal hygeine !

….. but they are totally not racist, folks ! We Neocons are !!

cableguy615 on July 8, 2010 at 5:10 PM