Obama: American citizenship “not a matter of blood or birth”

posted at 12:55 pm on July 1, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Well, actually, it is a matter of birth, at least, in the sense of natural-born citizenship.  The Fourteenth Amendment makes that all too clear, which is why the issue of “anchor babies” has been part of the immigration debate for the last several years.  Those opposed to that reading of the Constitution might like what Barack Obama had to say about it in his widely-anticipated speech on immigration today (click the picture to watch):

“Being an American is not a matter of blood or birth, it’s a matter of faith,” President Obama declared at a speech he gave on immigration.

Obama also blamed “resentment” to new immigrants to poor economic conditions.

“Now, we can’t forget that this process of immigration and eventual inclusion has often been painful. Each new wave of immigrants has generated fear and resentment towards newcomers, particularly in times of economic upheaval,” Obama said.

We know what Obama meant in this passage — a similarity to those who have expressed the notion that they were Americans before ever setting foot in the US, thanks to their love of liberty.  However, the people expressing that concept came to the US through legal immigration, and didn’t presume to break our laws in order to express their desire to live in freedom.  They understood that the aspirational concept of being American and the legal status of American citizenship (or even residency) are two completely different things.

Besides, if being an American is a matter of faith, then the religion in question is devotion to the rule of law.  We have created the laws by which we live through representative democracy within a framework set by our Constitution.  Breaking the law to get into the country isn’t an expression of faith; using Obama’s construct, it’s actually heresy.

Obama and his open-borders allies attempt to blur the difference between illegal and legal immigration.  Almost no one of consequence opposes the latter.  Everyone of the “faith” of Americanism should insist on enforcing the laws against the former.  Unfortunately, this President — and many of those who have come before him — have proven rather faithless in this task.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

This goes back before Bush. Several Presidents had opportunity to fix this, and didn’t.

capejasmine on July 1, 2010 at 1:07 PM

I more inclined to say that congress has failed to fix this since passing immigration reform in Reagan’s second term. Border security was in the fix and they refused to fund it. So here we are now with the dims wanting to have a reset.

chemman on July 1, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Barry Soetoro (correct me if I am wrong but is he the first president to have changed his name?)

The 2nd.
First was William Jefferson Blythe (Clintoon)

is a domestic enemy of the Constitution of the United States.

Moving day for the Obama’s cannot come soon enough.

turfmann on July 1, 2010 at 1:20 PM

I hear that!

Jenfidel on July 1, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Looks like I picked the wrong week to apply to become a Border Patrol Agent…

Seven Percent Solution on July 1, 2010 at 1:23 PM

I am going home to spend time with my children. Not much bothers me, but this clip bothers me. He ascribes our reactions to lawbreaking as “our fear” as if we are the ones that are being irrational, never mind the lawlessness.

ted c on July 1, 2010 at 1:24 PM

I can hardly describe how I’m feeling. Like it’s all slipping away. In broad daylight.

hoosiermama on July 1, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Many people are saying the same thing. “I knew it was coming, I just didn’t think I’d be alive to see it happening right in front of my eyes. And, what will I do for my children?”

Sound familiar?

Key West Reader on July 1, 2010 at 1:25 PM

I thought his name was President Cloward-Piven.

pseudonominus on July 1, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Does he possess that faith?

No, he doesn’t. Otherwise he’d have held the speech at Ellis Island.

Schadenfreude on July 1, 2010 at 1:25 PM

The healdline should read:

Obama declares himself to not be an American citizen!!!

It is easy among his writings and actions that he does not believe or have faith in those principles we all hold dear. The faith of Americans is in the Constitution and the principles of freedom that it describes. This allows us to practice our religious faith, etc.

Thus,
Obama is not a citizen and is not qualified to be president.

Farmer Brown on July 1, 2010 at 1:26 PM

“it’s a matter of faith,”

Get ready: Obama/Democrats/Media GUILT-Trip cometh.

PS I have ZERO faith the Obama Administration knows what to do about our economic recovery.

TN Mom on July 1, 2010 at 1:26 PM

I thought his name was President Cloward-Piven.

pseudonominus on July 1, 2010 at 1:25 PM

…sigh Just another alias of his.

Shiny_Tiara on July 1, 2010 at 1:27 PM

Being Black is not a matter of blood or birth. It’s a matter of faith. You need to hate whitey. You need to be bitter about the mistreatment of ancestors you don’t really care about. And most importantly… you need to VOTE FOR ME!

lm10001 on July 1, 2010 at 1:27 PM

The first post-American president. There is nothing special about America or Americans, so why should we care who comes here or whether they came here legally?

I have reached a point where I find it difficult and painful to listen to this man speak. It is the auditory equivalent to being dipped into a cesspool.

novaculus on July 1, 2010 at 1:27 PM

Folks, it is coming right out and saying what many have speculated. Listen to it’s words. It is a usurper.

Now what?

Key West Reader on July 1, 2010 at 1:29 PM

Who writes this crap for him? Worst speech writers ever.

ButterflyDragon on July 1, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Andrew Malcolm at the LATimes posted a piece today previewing the speech predicting that the WH writers’ attempts to defuse the issue as per their usual mushy & phlegmatic sophmoricism wouldn’t go over well:

“With polls showing he’s on the losing end of the public opinion tide in favor of Arizona’s new illegal immigrant law, President Obama has decided to construct a wordy barrier of speeches along the insecure border issue with Mexico.”

The White House’s latest strategy of continuing to dress up their passive inaction on the issue with nothing more than a fusillade of verbiose but ultimately empty demagoguery is one which Malcolm contends is more likely to backfire with his intended audiences out West, particularly with the popularity of the more muscular & proactive approach of the AZ law mushrooming regionally & even nationally these days:

“So much for the Democrats’ strategy to make lasting political inroads in once-staunchly Republican Rocky Mountain states.Nothing unites Westerners like a high plains jihad over independence with Ivy League-trained brief writers who believe Washington knows best.”

leilani on July 1, 2010 at 1:29 PM

lm10001 on July 1, 2010 at 1:27 PM

Troll

Key West Reader on July 1, 2010 at 1:30 PM

This is great. I had no idea words had become meaningless. Up next, “being Black isn’t about your skin color,” then “being unemployed isn’t about not having a job.” Maybe I can tell the IRS that “being a taxpayer is not about paying taxes.”

You can’t fix stupid.
But you can make him a 1 term president.

DailyDanet on July 1, 2010 at 1:30 PM

I wonder what Sarah Palin thinks about all of this…?

Seven Percent Solution on July 1, 2010 at 1:30 PM

OMG, and this is supposed to a Constitutional law professor? My word, what a complete idiot we’ve elected. Idiocracy is playing out into reality more and more everyday.

Heftyjo on July 1, 2010 at 1:31 PM

Faith without works is dead.

Maquis on July 1, 2010 at 1:32 PM

Being a muslim Kenyan/Indonesian I guess he ought to know…

PatriotRider on July 1, 2010 at 1:32 PM

Very well said, Ed.

Mason on July 1, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Heftyjo on July 1, 2010 at 1:31 PM

There are no transcripts. He was never a professor. A protester? Yes. A professor? Doubtful, unless we see proof. There are no friends, acquaintences, girlfriends, no photos of the college years except for the professionally shot black and whites. Who is this man?

Key West Reader on July 1, 2010 at 1:33 PM

I believe President Ford was born Leslie Lynch King Jr.

AndrewsDad on July 1, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Obama also blamed “resentment” to new illegal immigrants to poor economic conditions.

..FIFY, Obama, you incompetent, bumbling, clueless, hatched-assed, festering pile of putrid elephant feces.

The War Planner on July 1, 2010 at 1:35 PM

..and yes, I realize that was Ed’s quote. But you know what I mean, Ed.

The War Planner on July 1, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Key West Reader on July 1, 2010 at 1:33 PM

He is someone who was not raised like you and me.

kingsjester on July 1, 2010 at 1:37 PM

How about faith in law and justice? How about some consistency and reliability in the law? What if 1,000 Norwegian conservatives were flooding into New York, Boston, Minnneapolis and Denver daily? Not only are they conservatives, but they’re Norwegians—-and they may want to use a tanning bed or something…..what would we do then? Would the attitude be the same toward those folks? What about 50,000 born-again Christians that happen to be Chinese—that are fleeing the forced abortions and religious persecution in China? Would they be welcome too? What about 15,000 Brits that are escaping religious persecution in Britain and want to come establish a new life in America? do they get a pass, too?……

this is pandering —it is utterly ridiculous and we are paying for this. However, those that foist this upon us will bear the chains and responsibility for this—mark my words.

ted c on July 1, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Key West Reader on July 1, 2010 at 1:15 PM

When I was an undergrad I was approached by a group that hired themselves out to take tests for other students. They wanted me to take O-Chem tests for “deserving” students. I declined. This was at a major California University in 77 – 78. I don’t think that this was an unique to this school and time period. So I have always wonder who took the zero’s exams throughout his schooling. I am now cynical enough to believe they even got a stand in for his bar exam.

chemman on July 1, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Does anyone think that this is going to reach a great crecendo in the coming days? Days, not weeks…. Days.

Key West Reader on July 1, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Well, actually, [citizenship] is a matter of birth, at least, in the sense of natural-born* citizenship. –Ed

/BIRTHER!

What’s with the *hyphenation? As contrasted with unnatural-born./

Actually, you fail to note the literal Constitutional stipulation that our presidents be natural born citizens, defined by our founders’ contemporary international law encyclopedia to require that both parents of the candidate have the citizenship of the nation in question, and that the candidate be born within US territory.

maverick muse on July 1, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Key West Reader on July 1, 2010 at 1:38 PM

I anticipate the pot of violence is being stirred and the same eyes that were averted to NBPP voter intimidation will also be averted to violence in downtown Phoenix, Tucson or somewhere else …..

ted c on July 1, 2010 at 1:40 PM

This bozo is crazy AND stupid.

NavyMustang on July 1, 2010 at 1:41 PM

If this bastard had the best interests of the country at heart, he’d resign.

GarandFan on July 1, 2010 at 1:41 PM

This man is a traitor to the US and all it stands for. He needs to be impeached – now!

jdawg on July 1, 2010 at 1:41 PM

frightening–weird POTUS pic at that link.

ted c on July 1, 2010 at 1:42 PM

He is someone who was not raised like you and me.

kingsjester on July 1, 2010 at 1:37 PM

W.O.W.

Great blog!

Key West Reader on July 1, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Obama is the last one who can define what it is to be an American. And blaming “resentment” to new immigrants on hard economic times hearkens back to his “bitter clingers” comment in SanFran.

paul1149 on July 1, 2010 at 1:43 PM

“Being an American is not a matter of blood or birth, it’s a matter of faith,”

WTF does this even mean?

lorien1973 on July 1, 2010 at 1:04 PM

I’m guessing that for Obama and his open-borders friends it means that anyone who wants to get to America so badly that they would break laws to do it is an American. In other words – amnesty!!

ProfessorMiao on July 1, 2010 at 1:44 PM

frightening–weird POTUS pic at that link.

ted c on July 1, 2010 at 1:42 PM

Look at its eyes.

Key West Reader on July 1, 2010 at 1:44 PM

He’s a brilliant orator…who gives awful speeches. go figure.

james23 on July 1, 2010 at 1:45 PM

This idiot is what happens when good LEGAL AMERICANS do nothing,..or not enough!

christene on July 1, 2010 at 1:45 PM

He is someone who was not raised like you and me.

kingsjester on July 1, 2010 at 1:37 PM

ditto on KW—great post at your site kingsjester.

ted c on July 1, 2010 at 1:46 PM

Key West Reader on July 1, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Thank you, ma’am. Spread the word.

kingsjester on July 1, 2010 at 1:47 PM

ted c on July 1, 2010 at 1:46 PM

Thanks, Ted. I appreciate it.

kingsjester on July 1, 2010 at 1:48 PM

Ed Morrissey is getting a shout out from Rush—border stuff. awesome!

ted c on July 1, 2010 at 1:48 PM

This is a venal, reprehensible appeal to shared values as a way to foster guilt in the legal citizen and entitlement in the occupation by illegal immigrants. That ship already let port, Øbummer.

ExpressoBold on July 1, 2010 at 1:48 PM

If the illegal aliens invading this country were voting Republican…

… there would be a triple fence along the entire border, with the military, armed.

Seven Percent Solution on July 1, 2010 at 1:48 PM

“Being an American is not a matter of blood or birth, it’s a matter of faith,”

WTF does this even mean?

lorien1973 on July 1, 2010 at 1:04 PM

I have no effing clue… but that sounds like theocracy to me.

I want no part of it. Using heresy as the basis of law is a bad idea.

tetriskid on July 1, 2010 at 1:48 PM

Incoherent.

Count to 10 on July 1, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Ed…

Rush is giving you some love!

Seven Percent Solution on July 1, 2010 at 1:49 PM

I wonder what Sarah Palin thinks about all of this…?

Seven Percent Solution on July 1, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Given she was the running mate of Captain Amnesty, I guess she’s kind of bummed that McCain didn’t get to give the ‘Bend over America; you’re about to have 20 million illegals rammed up your a**’ speech.

Segments of both parties wanted this. McCain supporters, rejoice. Sorry Backdoor John didn’t get to give this speech but at least you’ve got amnesty back on the front burner. Come on, for old times, tell a border enforcement supporter, sorry, bigot, to shut up.

austinnelly on July 1, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Oh gee, it’s Mr. President giving yet another speech trying to force his agenda to help illegals become thankful voters. Well guess what, Mr. President…instead of spending all your energy worrying over the illegals how about you turn your attention to the legal American citizens who can’t find work or who can’t fish anymore because millions of gallons of oil are destroying the environment in the gulf. Can’t you get behind Americans and fight for them before you take up a fight for those who have broken the laws?

scalleywag on July 1, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Thanks, INC, for attaching the link to the WSJ article. I couldn’t figure out how to do it!

LASue on July 1, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Congratulations, Ed! Rush is really spending some time on this post. Excellent!

kingsjester on July 1, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Ed…

Rush is giving you some love!

Seven Percent Solution on July 1, 2010 at 1:49 PM

He even addressed him as “Mr. Morrissey”.

Doughboy on July 1, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Many if not most illegals clearly do not come here as an act of faith in the American Way. They do not consider themselves Americans in their hearts. They have other reasons. One need only see the signs at a pro-illegal immigration rally to realize that most of these people consider their primary allegiance to be to their country of origin or even their race. Witness the preponderance of Mexican flags at these rallies, and the very name of one of the supporting organizations, La Raza.

It is far more likely that those who come here as an act of faith in themselves and in a country that promises them freedom and opportunity do so lawfully.

novaculus on July 1, 2010 at 1:52 PM

“Being an American is not a matter of blood or birth, it’s a matter of faith,”
WTF does this even mean?

lorien1973 on July 1, 2010 at 1:04 PM

It means if you call yourself an American citizen, you are one, and no one is entitled to question the assertion. Sorry, I didn’t sign up for that bs.

james23 on July 1, 2010 at 1:52 PM

“Being an American is not a matter of blood or birth, it’s a matter of faith,”

WTF does this even mean?

lorien1973 on July 1, 2010 at 1:04 PM

In a nutshell? It means Mr. President is insane.

scalleywag on July 1, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Obowma is really screwed up, as he must think you know nothing of history. Wasn’t his wife supposed to be in charge of ‘rewriting’ our history? Did anyone ever ask him “too what” — Kenya’s?

A matter of faith, so what then is religion?

tarpon on July 1, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Now that this post has gone like wildfire, I should think of something snarky and smart to say…..

ted c on July 1, 2010 at 1:53 PM

I think Bozo just stepped in it with this speech. The guy is one disaster after another, yet the kool-aid drinkers keep trying their best to promote him.

A subdued audience of 250 is down considerably from the number at the half full middle school gym in Mass when he stumped for Coakley. (many of those folks were roped in and I bet these 250 probably were too)

FWIW I think illegal immigration is as much a third rail as Social Security.

dogsoldier on July 1, 2010 at 1:54 PM

If being American is a matter of faith, then is Jeremiah Wright American? Someone ought to ask him that. Here we have someone who clearly does not believe in America, who calls for God to damn her. So we should strip him of his citizenship, right?

year_of_the_dingo on July 1, 2010 at 1:54 PM

I have faith. I think I’ll become a German. Poof! I’m a German.

scalleywag on July 1, 2010 at 1:54 PM

ted c on July 1, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Don’t do it. It’s nice to be bridge-dweller free on a Thread.

kingsjester on July 1, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Are those chickens that Jeremiah said were coming home to roost demonstrating faith in something?

ted c on July 1, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Is this the same Obama who said the United States is one of the biggest Muslim countries?

Basilsbest on July 1, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Oh so Coincidentally, this speech is perfectly timed to coincide with this.

Which (in a stream of consciousness kinda way) leads me to wonder if this isn’t what Barack means by “faith”:

Our Party has, of course, long been clear about its support of freedom of conscience and of religion, both in the present and under socialism. And we welcome people of religious faith as members and leaders without discrimination. We believe, however, that it is time for the Party to move beyond simple tolerance to an active embrace of the progressive aspects of religious traditions and their incorporation in our vision both of present struggles and of a socialist and communist future.

Buy Danish on July 1, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Wonder if getting citizenship in the new Confederate States of America or the the Republic of Texas will be that easy?

Dr. ZhivBlago on July 1, 2010 at 1:56 PM

Good for Rush for bringing up your great point! I’m listening to him too.

Drained Brain on July 1, 2010 at 1:57 PM

Ohh.. that pesky “fundamentally flawed” Constitution, eh, Mr. Obama?

Go ahead strike that match. Set this country on fire. You’ll have a legacy all right…

Texas Gal on July 1, 2010 at 1:57 PM

He uses the word “faith” but he knows not what that word means… He uses it to pervert it, to twist it, and to demean it…..then, by conflating it with “citizenship” he denigrates “citizenship” and “faith” concurrently—demeaning the citizen, their rights, their laws, the sovereignty of the border, the body of laws that supports the nation—

ted c on July 1, 2010 at 1:58 PM

Barry’s getting ready for amnesty or what can also be the 2012 Voter Creation Act.

Pcoop on July 1, 2010 at 1:58 PM

For the Rush listeners, who are liberal and came over to read this blog…
Let me type real slow so you understand…
We love immigrants, they are the foundation of our country, the ones that have entered legally and respect our laws.
We understand the desire for some to enter illegally, we have something special that they want, freedom, jobs, stable society, etc. But wanting something, is no excuse for breaking the law, the prisons are full of felons who “wanted” something that didn’t belong to them.
This is all we are asking…come to our country, the “huddled masses”, come to our country legally, respect our laws and we embrace you with open arms.
Law breakers need not apply…

right2bright on July 1, 2010 at 1:59 PM

DOTUS (Destroyer of the United States)……Pure and simple.

Once you understand that it ALL makes sense.

PappyD61 on July 1, 2010 at 1:59 PM

frightening–weird POTUS pic at that link.

ted c on July 1, 2010 at 1:42 PM

Hmmm… Kinda reminds me of what I would expect the AntiChrist to look like….

jdawg on July 1, 2010 at 1:59 PM

LASue on July 1, 2010 at 1:51 PM

You’re welcome.

Left click and drag the cursor to highlight the words you want to use for the link.

Then left click the link box at the top of the comment box. Another box will pop up.

Paste in the URL (make sure you don’t have the http:// in there twice) and then left click OK and you’re done.

INC on July 1, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Or if you don’t want to go through all of that, just cut and paste the URL from the top of the page you want to link.

INC on July 1, 2010 at 2:01 PM

There are a lot of Obama voters out there—economists, media types, journolists, academics, energy folks, homosexuals—who all placed their “faith” in Obama, and Obama has failed them….the faith was their vote—the Kool Aid was consumed and now it is an enormous hangover….it is unrequited love….the media getting dumped, the press conferences that aren’t held, the answers to questions that are never answered, the transparencey that was promised to the faithful that has never emerged…..

yes, there is such a thing as faith, yet, this is not the entity who should be lecturing a thing about faith.

ted c on July 1, 2010 at 2:01 PM

He must be IMPEACHED and removed from office.

“to preserve, protect and defend THE CONSTITUTION OF THE United States”.

PappyD61 on July 1, 2010 at 2:01 PM

right2bright—nice work.

ted c on July 1, 2010 at 2:01 PM

DOTUS (Destroyer of the United States)……Pure and simple.

Once you understand that it ALL makes sense.

PappyD61 on July 1, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Wow–when did that abbreviation begin? I missed it.

INC on July 1, 2010 at 2:02 PM

When I was collecting signatures for a run for sheriff 10 years ago, I told each person that I was running on a “shall issue” platform: “I’ll issue a gun permit to every person who wants one who is not disqualified by criminal record or history of mental illness.” EVERY black man I asked (mostly outside of local building supply stores) snapped the pen from me and signed. The number of blacks with gun permits in CA must be near zero. Somebody offering to change that is very welcome amongst law abiding blacks, in my experience.

Alec on July 1, 2010 at 2:02 PM

What a douchebag. So now if you simply “believe” you’re an American, then you’re allowed to live in the United States??? Being American IS a matter of blood and birth…and legality.

diditagain on July 1, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Oops. I meant to leave that gun permit comment on the post about Sharpton getting 90% calls in favor of gun rights.

Alec on July 1, 2010 at 2:04 PM

Key West Reader

He was a “guest lecturer”. Hilary exposed the lie of “professor” during the campaign. Obama has never corrected anyone, to my knowledge, who perpetuates the lie.

JAM on July 1, 2010 at 2:05 PM

I’ve often wondered how the supporters of illegal immigrants would feel if they had waited for days in the rain for a chance to buy tickets to see their favorite muscial act/movie/etc., then saw someone bring in a busload of people who all got to go to the front of the line right before the tickets went on sale (especially if the tickets sold out before they were able to get any).

Would they say that was fair? Would they think that the people on the bus deserved to get those tickets and not them? Would they stand by peacefully and let that happen?

My bet is “No”, but then again, what do I know? I’m just a knuckle-draggin’, bitter-clingin’, no-account hick from the backwoods…

TeresainFortWorth on July 1, 2010 at 2:06 PM

Where is Hussain’s auntie Zeytoon these days ?
Is she a citizen yet or is she still mooching off the US taxpayers , using a stolen SS# ?
For her, US citizenship is surely a matter of profit .
Hussain’s speech reflects that too

macncheez on July 1, 2010 at 2:07 PM

If Obama really believed that being an American was truly a matter of faith, then he wouldn’t be seeking to make all those here illegally into “official Americans” The vast majority of them do not have any faith in America at all, thus are not “Americans” according to Obama’s way of thinking.

After all:

They wave Mexican flags as they march down the streets demanding a return of American territory to Mexico, they cheer for Mexican soccer teams when they play the U.S. here in America, they send their money back to Mexico so their families can live better THERE, not here. They have absolutely no “faith” and no desire to be Americans, they want to be Mexicans. Mexicans who have a better standard of living than Mexico can provide for them, thus they must come here to take advantage of the very nation they despise.

So STOP IT!! Stop trying to equate these people with legal immigrants who really, actually, truly want to be AMERICANS!

Sheesh!!

Fatal on July 1, 2010 at 2:07 PM

I have to agree now with those who are calling for Bozo’s impeachment. With this speech he is advocating anarchy and lawlessness.

He is saying that reality is what someone wishes it to be, not what it actually is. So either he is insane or he is telling everyone the law is a figment of their imagination.

Either way, this guy is incapable of carrying out the duties and responsibilities of his office. He may in fact have committed a high crime in this case, by publicly instructing people to violate the constitution.

dogsoldier on July 1, 2010 at 2:08 PM

I want immigration, I want diversity, I want this to be the best country on the face of the earth and I want those who want to come here to do it legally. If there are those that would come here and make our lives and the lives of others that follow laws more difficult, then “we should send back them” (Calderon, Pres.of Mexico).

I want those who seek freedom and liberty to have a place to go–for that is what we want here in the United States. This is the place where “We the People” means something, where our society and body of government is subordinated to a group of laws that acknowledges that man is inherently evil and requires laws. Leaders need limits and men need laws—for without either leaders will over reach their bounds and men will commit heinous acts—we are in direct witness of both.

I seek justice for those who violate laws and attempt to assign rights to those where none existed previously.

The “faith” in Obama is as empty as the calories are in a snow cone. He was full of 52% of the faith in NOV 2008 and has failed to deliver on the promises to those whom he made them to. Do those who placed their faith in Obama really continue to believe that what you believe is really real? Please, look around, ask yourself soberly if what you are seeing is true……or if it is a….lie?

ted c on July 1, 2010 at 2:08 PM

Obooba is the village liberal.

Akzed on July 1, 2010 at 2:09 PM

I got a way we can get rid of the 11 million who are here illegally and it wouldn’t cost that much. Tell them you will give them all citizenship status but it’s based on paying off the back taxes they owe since they’ve been in the country. Then give them a bill for the thousands of dollars they owe.

Just watch the mass exodus begin.

Pcoop on July 1, 2010 at 2:10 PM

I believe I’m Bahamian. Do I still have to pay taxes?

hawksruleva on July 1, 2010 at 2:10 PM

All i can say is I’m sick of this commie turd Obamao!

MCGIRV on July 1, 2010 at 2:11 PM

Barak Obama = the Modern James Buchanan

Mutnodjmet on July 1, 2010 at 2:12 PM

However, it is one thing for those to subvert our sovereign laws by crossing the border—-and it is doubly costly on the part of “normal Americans” (those are taxpaying Americans) when the pandering Democrats in Congress lavish rights and tax funds on those who harm us twice. It is incredibly appalling for Mexicans who break laws to be pandered to by a group of Democrats who exponentially magnify the injustice of that lawbreaking by trying to buy their votes through gratuitous pandering and further lawbreaking. What say you Democrat to these charges? You are sworn to uphold the laws of this country and choose not to do so and you will be held accountable for it—there will be consequences and they will pursue you back to every Pink song and cameralady banging incident that you guys engage in. There is one thing that God hates and that is injustice—don’t lecture me on faith when you know of no such thing, for you have a perverted view of not only history, but also of truth and in this instance—–justice.

The hurricane gathers.

ted c on July 1, 2010 at 2:13 PM

I really do want to know if they’re going to make the process for revoking citizenship as easy as they’re making the process of earn.., I mean being handed, citizenship.

If you can become a citizen by simply asking for it, then I should be able to renounce my citizenship, and thus my tax and social security deductions, and Uncle Sam’s right to examine my medical records and transaction histories, merely by saying that is my desire.

hawksruleva on July 1, 2010 at 2:17 PM

Re: this

Each new wave of immigrants has generated fear and resentment towards newcomers,…

Actually, PeBO is correct. It has caused much fear and resentment. From Democrats, who were quite often against LEGAL immigration, and even included it in their Party platforms.

William Teach on July 1, 2010 at 2:17 PM

After I again contributed to Numbersusa.com, I sent the following FAX, and I will also hand-deliver it to their local offices today:

To Senator Reid, Senator Ensign, and Congressman Heller:

It is absolutely outrageous that President Obama is calling for multiple amnesties when so many Americans are unemployed! What is he thinking?

Let me make this simple.

President Obama has once more OUTRAGEOUSLY held up the straw man argument of, “We can’t deport 12 million illegal aliens, THEREFORE (sic) we must make them citizens. BULLCRAP! (Excuse the language, but Obama has me on the ceiling this morning!)

That’s the same as Obama saying, “We have a massive leak in our ship of state. We can fix the leak, start the bilge pumps, or declare the incoming seawater to be crew members. I say we must ignore the leak (leave the border open), leave the bilge pumps off (don’t enforce our laws – E-Verify, etc.), and declare the incoming water to be crew members (declare the illegal aliens to be American citizens).”

WHAT IDIOCY!!! Obama is a traitor, attempting to give away precious American citizenship to those whose first act in our country was to thumb their nose at our laws.

Instead, he should be enforcing ALL of our laws!!

Attrition through enforcement works – if we only start enforcing our laws – like the 1996 law against sanctuary cities, make E-Verify mandatory, etc. Or pass Heath Shuler’s SAVE Act!!

Please see this 2006 Zogby poll of what Americans want – attrition through law enforcement – NOT Amnesty and NOT mass deportations.

An American for sovereignty,

PS: Obama LIES when he intentionally refuses to mention or acknowledge the third and logical choice – attrition through enforcement.

This is working in OK, GA, AZ, and everywhere else it is being used.

fred5678 on July 1, 2010 at 2:17 PM

If this bastard had the best interests of the country at heart, he’d resign.

GarandFan on July 1, 2010 at 1:41 PM

If he did, he wouldn’t need to.

Lily on July 1, 2010 at 2:18 PM