Video: G20 looter in Toronto taken down to the pavement

posted at 5:08 pm on June 29, 2010 by Allahpundit

A palate cleanser via Iowahawk, who subtitles this one “Rage Against My Allowance.” Say, how come there are no cops around to cuff this black-bloc idiot? Well, funny thing: On Saturday, Toronto PD decided to avoid confrontation as anarchists and far-left dregs of various stripes burned cars and smashed windows in the name of “human rights” or whatever. That didn’t sit well with the public, so they changed tactics that night and ended up beating people the next day who, er, weren’t rioting. No estimates yet on the total damage, but according to Toronto’s mayor, it was a “mistake” to hold the summit there. How’s that for a vote of confidence in the city from the man in charge?

Two clips, one of the takedown and the other of the cops’ day-after “tactics.” I must say, as a lifelong New Yorker, I’ve never seen the NYPD perform a fake-charge.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Personally, I think they should pick a safe city where this sort of thing would N-E-V-E-R happen…. like, say Amarillo.

CC

CapedConservative on June 29, 2010 at 6:25 PM

The cops need SEIU training.

faraway on June 29, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Hell with that…they need Night Stick training…

Get to whompin’ boys…good lord…

BigWyo on June 29, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Property is theft. Socialism is theft.

I love how they steal property so they can have the nice stuff made by the evil corporations they hate.

Buy Danish on June 29, 2010 at 6:29 PM

I hate, HATE this people with such a passion…they should hold this meetings in China. I’d sure like to see them protest there…

madne0 on June 29, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Bill O’Reilly suggested holding the next G20 on an aircraft carrier.

One of the very few times I’ve agreed with something he’s said.

tru2tx on June 29, 2010 at 6:30 PM

That first video is great!

Check out the guy the looter bumps into as he leaves the store (in the brown shirt). He gets bumped, thinks about looting the store as well, and goes so far as to start stepping into the store, but then sees the looter getting tackled. You can practically hear him say “Oh S**t!” and then quickly walk away. Priceless!

bigdubs on June 29, 2010 at 6:34 PM

virtually destroying the entire city.

Now, that’s a lie.

The Race Card on June 29, 2010 at 6:35 PM

MY GOSH, what a country of unwashed rabble. True, G8/20 protesters are the scum of the entire Earth, but Canada seems to have institutionalized those kinds of people, and not the way the should be institutionalized. They hate freedom (even throwing away their own to become slaves of their state), they hate free speech, they hate nations that have free speech (i.e.: ours, the USA). Even their police, though, looked like rabble. Disorganized rabble. It was pathetic. When I was in Army Basic Training and MP School, had we looked like that even back then as trainees, we’d’ve been severely punished for looking like a disorganized, grabastic clusterf*ck, instead of uncompromising, hard-core law enforcement professionals. Cities that allow that kind of criminality, thuggery and violence to happen should be severely sanctioned, such as what happened in Seattle. They didn’t even try to prevent that, and should’ve been penalized with something like the loss of all state/federal funding, for a year.

I have to admit, though: I did get a laugh out of seeing the Great Unwashed running for their lives when the police made that short charge.

Virus-X on June 29, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Are you definitively claiming that the singing was the only reason for the police charge?

blink on June 29, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Thank you for that. Excellent point. That was a presumption based on limited information….tsk, tsk.

“Based on the footage I saw and my personal experiences….blahblahyadayada…” should have preceded my remarks.

The Race Card on June 29, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Somebody got trampled for singing the national anthem in protest. That’s not “fake.” It’s fascist.

The Race Card on June 29, 2010 at 5:34 PM

Trampled for singing the national anthem eh? Sure, we all believe that.
Do you type from notes, or do you actually make this sh!t up?

JusDreamin on June 29, 2010 at 6:41 PM

I really don’t see the need for Tronna anymore. It is the worst run city imaginable – nothing works there. After dealing with them, I apologized to every NYC public employee I could find, from sanitation workers, police, fire, and especially transit operators, for taking their hard work for granted.

I say bulldoze the entire “Greater” Toronto Area into the lake and start over again. Canada doesn’t need this Gordian knot anymore, full of lazy, ignorant, and VERY racist people.

KillerKane on June 29, 2010 at 6:42 PM

Do you type from notes, or do you actually make this sh!t up?

JusDreamin on June 29, 2010 at 6:41 PM

No, he just cuts and pastes from Kos.

Jaibones on June 29, 2010 at 6:53 PM

KillerKane on June 29, 2010 at 6:42 PM

Have you ever been to Montreal?

mr.blacksheep on June 29, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Man, I started laughing so hard when I saw the Mr. Badass leading the charge for a sit-in run like a little girl when the cops charged.

Rather comical. Though, I did fell badly for the female that was left behind by all those find upstanding young men.

ButterflyDragon on June 29, 2010 at 6:54 PM

The Race Card on June 29, 2010 at 5:34 PM

and OJ got arrested just for ridding in a Bronco.

Why you always insist on arguing from a place of smug ignorance is beyond me. You MUST know that your post was a ridiculous misrepresentation of the facts.

Ampersand on June 29, 2010 at 6:55 PM

KillerKane on June 29, 2010 at 6:42 PM

so much hatred – you must be a lefty

CityFish on June 29, 2010 at 6:58 PM

KillerKane on June 29, 2010 at 6:42 PM

You must be trolling. I hate Toronto, too, but it’s odd how when a foreigner starts trashing part of my country it gets my back up. The kinds of sweeping generalizations you make display a lazy, ignorant mind. If you paid any attention you would know that these sorts of incidents happen at G8/G20 events pretty much everywhere – including in the US. The anarchist trash are transnational, and include some of your compatriots.

And your comment about racism is pretty strange; how do you think Toronto compares to LA? The last time Toronto had a “race riot” was in the 1930s.

ProfessorMiao on June 29, 2010 at 7:01 PM

KillerKane on June 29, 2010 at 6:42 PM

And I say your racism is more in keeping with Huffpo or Daily Kos commenters. How are your comments different from the hateful BS they spew over there — or any more accurate?

suzeecue on June 29, 2010 at 7:01 PM

Tronna had a race riot in 1994. It was quickly suppressed by the Slave Patrol, aka The Police Service. I need only point out to their school system for proof of institutionalized bigotry – the founded an all-black school. Apartheid and Jim Crow live on in Toronto because they disguise it as ‘progressive’. To be fair, I don’t want my kids around white people there either. But this is embarrassing in the extreme. If it were any other place, I’d take action. But Toronto gets what it deserves.

KillerKane on June 29, 2010 at 7:09 PM

The looter was just cutting out the middle man, he was fed up the government taking their Vig.

No meaning to complain but I would have liked to see the looters mask come off.

Speakup on June 29, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Sorry, it was in 1992. Very similar to what happened this weekend too. But it proves conclusively that Toronto is a racist city with racist people, and they’re not interested in doing anything about it.

What’s the difference between Detroit’s mayor and Toronto’s mayor? One’s in jail, the other should be.

KillerKane on June 29, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Virus-X, although I agree with your comments when it comes to Canadian liberals, don’t mistake Toronto for all of Canada.

The country looks like this because my country elected a charismatic fellow traveller of Fidel Castro in the Sixties, who successfully did ALL the things Obama is trying to do today to you. In OUR name of course.

When the gov’t controls education, the media and creates a permanent underclass, it’s a tough hill to climb. BUT we are climbing it.

George_Canada on June 29, 2010 at 7:26 PM

Ah, Pierre. Canada’s greatest human rights violator. Suspended ALL human rights in 1970 to go after a handful of criminals when cowardly local governments failed to act. It was a case of using an aircraft carrier (which he sold for nothing) to swat a fly.

I’m just glad he wasn’t born in Europe. Given his ruthless ambitions, need to please his superiors, and lack of morality, Pierre would have done well in the context of Nazism, Fascism and Communism.

KillerKane on June 29, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Ever since the APEC Summit at University of British Columbia back in 1997, Canadian cops have been a bunch of p**sies about these sorts of thins. Toronto cops, under the command of their ultra-liberal mayor, are among the worst of the bunch. Toronto is slowly turning into Detroit and the cops stand around scratching themselves.

holdfast on June 29, 2010 at 7:33 PM

A LEO friend of mine likes to call it, the “wood shampoo”.

hawkdriver on June 29, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Do you type from notes, or do you actually make this sh!t up?

JusDreamin on June 29, 2010 at 6:41 PM

I love to be schooled! I have praise for you waiting with my finger on the send button. Please point out to me what exactly precipitated and triggered the skirmish line at that particular point?

Having been involved in more than a few LEO dustups I am guessing that there had been previous commands to disperse from that area which were ignored, hence the singing.

You morons can’t even come up with your own proof. That’s the problem with bad policing and ubiquitous video. If it wasn’t problematic, AP would not have posted that vid.

The Race Card on June 29, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Ampersand on June 29, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Good people back up bad police-work all the time. You’re excused.

The Race Card on June 29, 2010 at 7:45 PM

The Tea Party reprobate could take a lesson from these peaceful, law abiding citizens. Susan Roesgen should interview the G20 crowd so the TPers can see how to properly behave in front of a camera.

hawkdriver on June 29, 2010 at 7:59 PM

The Race Card on June 29, 2010 at 5:34 PM

This is what you and your lefty friends’ philosophy ALWAYS leads to.

But you won’t believe me. Canada just did it wrong. And you and the American “progressives” can do better. Like Castro. And Chavez. Right?

Squiggy on June 29, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Good people back up bad police-work all the time. You’re excused.

The Race Card on June 29, 2010 at 7:45 PM

I never even made a comment about the police and their actions. Only your willful ignorance on the subject.

Good people have really sh!tty reading comprehension all the time. You’re excused.

Ampersand on June 29, 2010 at 8:39 PM

The Race Card on June 29, 2010 at 7:43 PM

If this is true then the problem is obviously YOU and not the LEO.

But I have to admit. It’s takes an impressive amount of self-righteousness to admit you have no proof AND STILL call it “bad policing” in the same post, all while calling people morons for not having proof for their opinions on the subject.

Ampersand on June 29, 2010 at 8:47 PM

The Race Card on June 29, 2010 at 5:34 PM

where is this “trampling” in the video anyways?

Ampersand on June 29, 2010 at 8:53 PM

Ampersand on June 29, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Ooo!! OOO!! I got an answer for that…

It takes a profound lack of education and experience to dismiss such achievements so readily.

Notice, none of those calling Obama’s education, grades and scholarship into question mention their alma mater, GPA or honors.

Admittedly, I’m a bit of an intellectual snob. But that does not preclude me from IDing the knownothings among us.

The Race Card on April 25, 2010 at 10:30 PM

BigWyo on June 29, 2010 at 8:53 PM

madne0 on June 29, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Dude, I would spring for the passport, flights and hotel money to be there to see that. If they actually were that stupid, the Chinese police would take that for all of about 2 seconds, then make sure it never happened, ever again. Hell, let’s have all such meetings that get protesters in China, not an aircraft carrier. Why should we take a carrier out of service for something as stupid as that (especially when they don’t really have comfortable areas for soft-asses like bureaucrats to meet for extended periods of time), especially when that carrier and it’s CSG could be out in Somali waters, Persian Gulf or Yellow Sea.

Virus-X on June 29, 2010 at 8:59 PM

Seriously people! I keep watching this video over annd over but I can’t find where “Somebody got trampled” as Race Card claims. I see the cops charge and people run, but no trampling. The 4 people sitting on the ground hopped the frak up and ran like hell, but no trampling. The video looks back at where the people were sitting and there were no trampled people. What am I missing?

Seems to me Race Card is calling people “morons” because they “can’t even come up with your own proof” pertaining to a situation that didn’t even happen.

Or maybe this is such a glaring example of “bad policing” in Race Cards eyes that he had “embellish” facts.

Ampersand on June 29, 2010 at 9:04 PM

I live in Pittsburgh, where the G8 came to visit last year. While there was a small bit of trouble here, nothing like what occurred in Canada. I wonder if it’s because, purple though PA is, we have rather liberal firearm laws. It is downright dangerous to vandalize a small business here because the owner may be armed and ready to use it. While my state bugs the crap out of me for many reasons, our view of gun rights is spot on and our state constitution leaves no room for silly collective versus individual rights arguments.

crashland on June 29, 2010 at 9:08 PM

The Race Card on April 25, 2010 at 10:30 PM

ie..I am a big pvssy who only under the safety of legal age pretends to be a tough guy when in a mob. Beats those days in high school when the jocks would make me eat my own waste and never go to jail for it.

Sorry you grew up a seeping cvnt…

ClassicCon on June 29, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Why do these dumba$$es always get together in a big clump and go out into the streets where the riot police are gathered?

On second thought, if they broke up into little groups and spread out into the surrounding working class neighborhoods they’d get pummeled, so in an odd way the police are actually protecting their sorry behinds.

Dr. ZhivBlago on June 29, 2010 at 9:28 PM

If this is true then the problem is obviously YOU and not the LEO.

You simply have no way of backing up that statement. It’s unimportant as to exactly how you’re wrong. But you are.

but no trampling

watch the footage closely

The Race Card on June 29, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Buy Danish on June 29, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Buy Danish: True Dat BD:)

canopfor on June 29, 2010 at 10:09 PM

As a former Toronto cop, I’m embarrassed by what I saw this past weekend, and some in the media see it the same way.

Joe Warmington of the Toronto Sun is pro-police, but he raked Chief Bill Blair over the coals:

The way I see it, his response Saturday was an under-reaction to violence and criminal activity happening right in front of the 19,000 police officers under his command. On Sunday, it was a gross over-reaction to arrest more than 900 people to make up for the embarrassing whipping he took from some goofy black-shirted kids Saturday.

CanuckInPA on June 29, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Sorry you grew up a seeping cvnt…

ClassicCon on June 29, 2010 at 9:22 PM

That’s pretty good.

I’ve had to handle myself around worse situations than you might be able to imagine for work and for play. The guys I had to bully would make you piss your panties in church. I’ve had guns in my face and been shot at from close range. I could never be afraid of you, it’s that simple.

Try this; pick a halfway point between you and LA with a decent airline hub near it and we can meet. Let me know.

The Race Card on June 29, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Judging from their performance on Saturday apparently the cops thought the line was “We stand around for thee.”*

*With apologies to Mark Steyn whom I ripped that off from. heh.

Mistahtibbs

Another quote from Joe Warmington;

A number of officers have told me they were keen to take the dirt balls down and end it early.

“We were all embarrassed beyond belief on Saturday,” an officer named John, who I got in touch with, said in an email to AM 640’s John Oakley. “Our guys wanted to wade in but our senior officers and our socialist mayor would not permit it.

Is this true chief?

This officer with 28 years on the job said for “months we have attended endless training for this moment and when the day came we were not allowed to react and left to watch law breakers and malcontents go on an unprecedented rampage.”

He said he is “absolutely shamed and saddened” that “we were told to stand down as we did not want to appear over aggressive.” He said “we had to sit on our hands and watch these clowns make us look stupid” and “our rank and file, almost to a man and woman, are angered over this.”

CanuckInPA on June 29, 2010 at 10:26 PM

The Race Card on June 29, 2010 at 10:05 PM

You’re a big ole wuss yourself. Why don’t be “open and honest” like you say and spill some real details? What type of “dustups?” Tell them about getting shot…not just shot at. Tell them about the cop-apology you alluded to, here.

Why the crap are you hiding these details?

The Race Card on June 29, 2010 at 10:27 PM

Why the crap are you hiding these details?

Must be nice to be so brave when you’re using my face.

fake charge

(:51 just as the girl picking up her purse and bag screams)

I don’t think “fake” is accurate. They charged and someone appears to get trampled.

It looks like skirmish line begins to break apart because of a straggling anthem-singer who succumbed to their advance. Watch the second group of cops as they deal with him in the background of the main line. Another angle of the advancing skirmish-line would be good.

The Race Card on June 29, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Looters + “Wood shampoo” = Classic

Khun Joe on June 29, 2010 at 10:51 PM

OK so I’m getting old but I remember riot training back in the Sixties and that is one sick riot line.

Sandbar on June 29, 2010 at 11:20 PM

but no trampling

watch the footage closely

The Race Card on June 29, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Watched it many times. You are full of sh!t. No trampling happened. You are a liar. You called this bad policing and had to lie in order to back that up. ’nuff said.

actually it seems the police got them to move without causing them any bodily harm or firing any shots. A hearty push was the worst thing here. I’d say that is some GOOD policing. I’m betting Race Card’s inability to see reality in a situation with the police may be the reason he has so many dust-ups with LEO. He reminds me of those kids in school that are constantly getting in trouble but insist it’s because the teachers are all out to get ‘em.

Judging simply by your postings here Race Card I would say the problem is you and your attitude.

Keep blamin the man tho. Why he got ta keep you down yo?

Ampersand on June 29, 2010 at 11:40 PM

I gotta say…seeing that guy in the green shirt bite it with the sound effect and everything, I’m not sure i’ve laughed that hard in at least two weeks.

BRAVA! ENCORE!!

:D

Handel on June 30, 2010 at 1:03 AM

The Race Card on June 29, 2010 at 10:21 PM

I can make it easier for ya.

How about you pick a place halfway between LA and Sac and we can meet?

If it helps, I’ll call ya a cvnt as well. Cvnt.

Mr Purple on June 30, 2010 at 4:30 AM

No dork. I am telling you what I think I am seeing. I don’t mind disagreeing. Why you freaking out though? You seem to think that I am in agreement with the protesters.

I see what are likely good cops being put out there to look stupid. It happens time and time again. And yeah you’re right I have been involved in many a fracas…but not in any way that you would ever guess.

Maybe I’m mistaken. Maybe all those kids did get out of the way in time. But I would prefer a less verklempt-voice than yours with which to concur. Somebody else watch the video closely.

ClassicCon on June 29, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Which is why seeping pvssies like your self crawl away and hide in academia to wallow with your fellow nerds. Safe from the realities of the private sector and all the nasty social interactions and accomplishments they require.

Piss off poindexter.

ClassicCon on June 29, 2010 at 11:29 PM

You seem pissed at “academia.” That’s not hard to understand, I guess. I have worked, studied and fellowed at some great schools. I don’t apologize for that.

Because for every year of college and grad school, I paid enough dues to hold my head high coming and going. I bought and ran a successful business in one of CA’s most regulated industries, providing for several families. I’ve made payroll and paid more business fees (taxes) than you knew existed. I invested my own money and busted my own ass.

I see that you made similar remarks on another thread. I feel your disdain for me; it tickles. Too bad you won’t ever have the sack to do anything about it.

Step up or shut up!

The Race Card on June 30, 2010 at 6:13 AM

Second video…
I think that hippie leader
Left a puddle, there…

Haiku Guy on June 30, 2010 at 6:30 AM

I can make it easier for ya.

How about you pick a place halfway between LA and Sac and we can meet?

If it helps, I’ll call ya a cvnt as well. Cvnt.

Mr Purple on June 30, 2010 at 4:30 AM

???
I don’t recall addressing you. What’s got your panties in a knot?

Keep blamin the man tho. Why he got ta keep you down yo?

Ampersand on June 29, 2010 at 11:40 PM

You put in the time to try and make a cogent argument only to follow it up with obvious racial-taunts. WTF are you smoking? It’s like you just drew all over your face with a highlighter.

I know, I know. It has nothing to do with race, again.

The Race Card on June 30, 2010 at 6:36 AM

The Race Card on June 30, 2010 at 6:36 AM

That’s what I figured. Smart@$$ hiding behind a comuter screen but when it gets down and dirty you run and cower.

Mr Purple on June 30, 2010 at 7:50 AM

You talk tough, but you are soft. Yeah, I talk tough too. But will back that shit up all day long. Step up or shut up!

The Race Card on June 30, 2010 at 6:13 AM

Apparently NOT.

Mr Purple on June 30, 2010 at 7:52 AM

Whenever I see these accusations of police brutality my first reaction is why do these people go there to begin with? You know there will be shit stirred up when there are tens of thousands of cops waiting. These people went there looking for trouble, plain and simple.

I’ve lived on this earth a long time and have never been “hassled by the man”. A few speeding tickets, sure. But even then I gave “the man” my licence/registration got my ticket off I went.

The golden rule of life: don’t f**k with the police and the police won’t f**k with you.

angryed on June 30, 2010 at 8:00 AM

Somebody else watch the video closely.

The Race Card on June 30, 2010 at 6:13 AM

Done. I didn’t see anybody get trampled either. Just a bunch of cowards running away (like you have just done to MY challenge to meet).

Like I said – Tiannamen Square it ain’t.

…and ‘tough guy’ you ain’t. You are a little puss who has run away from me for the 3rd time now.

Mr Purple on June 30, 2010 at 8:06 AM

angryed on June 30, 2010 at 8:00 AM

Exactly. Nearly every time I see a ‘don’t taze me bro’ video I side with the cops – and I’m not particularly a fan.

Still, I respect their jobs and know that if I do certain things I am pretty much at their mercy. You fight back with a cop and you land in jail for a long time. You just aren’t going to win that battle in the end.

I don’t feel sorry for these hoodlums one bit.

Mr Purple on June 30, 2010 at 8:12 AM

The Race Card on June 30, 2010 at 6:36 AM

This is your big chance to prove you are such a ‘tough guy’. You want to call someone out for a meeting? This is your chance, I’m calling YOU out.

I’m sick of seeing your stupid comments. You add nothing but divisiveness here. You are a troll, and you try to intimidate others. Let’s see how touogh you really are.

Your encounters with random Joe’s you claim to have bullied don’t scare me a bit. You meet me – or you just shut the @#$# up and admit you are nothing but a spineless puss.

Now or never dude.

Mr Purple on June 30, 2010 at 8:19 AM

Both of those videos were hillarious. I don’t really understand why the police charged but it is funny when those spoiled little smart-asses get knocked on their, well, you get the idea.

Hopeless Future on June 30, 2010 at 9:43 AM

In the first video I give the takedown a 6. Good arm tackle, but nothing spectacular. Personally, he should have performed what in football we called a “form tackle.” It is when the tackler places his face right into you chest, lifts you up by your legs and then drives your back into the ground. On concrete without padding, that punk wouldn’t have gotten up so quick.

On the second video, dumbass had their backs to the police, thinking it all a bluff by the police. Then the police rush to a point and stop. The line didn’t remain coherent during the rush as the police ran around the slower idiots, since the last thing an officer wants is to go down from tripping over an idiot. But once they went a certain distance they stopped. That’s how you regain control of an area against a much larger opposition, a little bit at a time. I wouldn’t be surprised if they continued their march up the street, pushing back all those idiots

TQM38a on June 30, 2010 at 10:31 AM

My GF had to be evacuated in a police bus from the Eaton’s Center (largest mall in Toronto) because there were 5000 rioters outside, smashing windows, kicking things, looting… I didn’t see the first vid (doesn’t load for some reason), but I bet it was some good a$$wooping by a good samaritan / bystander, which is what I would’ve done had I not been busy with moving to a new place. I got so enraged with what I saw… and then I heard about all the things that didn’t end up on TV or on camera… it was simply unbelievable. This was not my city. I’m positive that these idiot a$$holes were NOT from Toronto, and almost positive that they were not from Canada (i.e. from the States). This is simply not the Toronto way.

Cop cars (and regular cars) were burnt, every fourth window along Yonge street was busted, stores were looted, cops were assaulted, spat on, had bags with feces and urine thrown at them… it was unbelievable.

I seriously wanted go downtown with a baseball bat, catch me the first black-clad “protester” that I see, and smash his effing face in.

Re: Miller (mayor), he wanted to have the summit away from the downtown core, at a place that is easily protected. Him criticizing the decision of hosting the summit in Toronto makes sense, because it was his position from the start. The police force, even as numerous as they were (they were bussed in from all over the country!) can’t really protect all property all the time. Especially in a western democracy where the force is largely reactive – in most cases they won’t detain or arrest you before you actually break the store window.

As for the second video, I like how the cops waited for the anthem song to end, and only then rushed in. That was a bit excessive, but overall I give them a pass on this. The people in that vid were trying to make a point that they have a right to be there… well that’s great, but you’re taking away these cops’ attention from handling the black bloc morons. Plus, we don’t see what happened 3 minutes before the video, or what’s happening behind the camera. Cops in Toronto are generally big a$$holes (though I’ve dealt with some decent constables too), but only in their attitude. You practically never ever hear about cases of police brutality in Toronto, or in all of Canada.

Me and my buddies who were born in Russia joked a lot about how events would’ve panned out if this had happened in Russia… Russian cops would bust out their clubs and start smashing some skulls instead of just beating it on their shields to make a scary noise.

AlexB on June 30, 2010 at 12:13 PM

I forgot to include “molotov coctails” in the list of things that the looters were throwing at cop cars…

AlexB on June 30, 2010 at 12:14 PM

A few other things they did: threw some object at a horse-mounted cop’s head. He fell off the horse. Then they proceeded to kick the horse! Whyyy?

AlexB on June 30, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Another thing: a cab driver had to cower in the back seat of his cab, covering his head, as “protesters” were kicking the sh*t out of his car. Why???

He later said “I saw riots like this before back home (Pakistan) but never ever in Toronto. These were not Torontonians”.

AlexB on June 30, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Just a question after watching so many online videos. Can liberals form a single sentence that doesn’t include the F-word? Seriously, are they vocabulary challenged when they leave university?

caygeon on June 30, 2010 at 1:32 PM

A thief is a person who believe they have the right to possess another person’s property.

AaronGuzman on June 30, 2010 at 1:37 PM

Mr Purple on June 30, 2010 at 7:50 AM

WTF?

I get so tired of saps who don’t know pretending they do. I’m not proud of everything I’ve done; that’s for damn sure. I’ve been shot, shot at and dealt with straight-up killers and felons. You would not go to the places I’ve been to for lunch if I paid you a month’s salary. Trust me.

I’m not into faking anger dude. I don’t know you beyond your trying to get a rise out of me right now. you’re more annoying than anything else.

I’m sorry. I just don’t feel you. I’m not going to fake it.

BUT

If you want to be all imposing and bad ass I invite you to come down this weekend. I’ll be doing training sessions all weekend on the beach. There’s a speed bags and heavy bags if you need to warm up. We have mma gloves, boxing gloves headgear or you can knuckle-up.

When you show up, ask for the baddest dude there. I’m easy to spot — 230, built like a quarter horse moving like lightning, wearing a purple ipod. If I’m not there, I’ll be back soon.

I can walk you back to your car after, Bubbles.

Puuleeeze. Just because someone fell it doesn’t mean he was trampled.

Even if he was stepped on it doesn’t mean he was trampled.

Dear idiot. That’s what happens when skirmish lines advance. It’s been done for decades. The person fell and was what — Walked over gingerly?

Your false outrage has been noted.

The Race Card on June 30, 2010 at 1:43 PM

wearing a purple ipod

I oughta whoop your ass just for admitting that.

The Race Card on June 30, 2010 at 1:43 PM

The Race Card on June 30, 2010 at 1:43 PM

No response tough guy?

Mr Purple on June 30, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Standard police crowd control tactic. That agency operates on very strict protocols which dictate which tactics can be used when. We can be pretty sure that this charge followed those protocols and is well within guidelines. No bad police work here…in fact…its a thing of beauty.

Truth is the protesters are outmatched. Modern crowd control tactics are extremely efficient at dealing with this type of threat. Yes there will be damage and people hurt but the anarchist will not carry the day. The limiting factor is politics. How far are the civilian leaders of the police force willing to go. If they give them a green light the protesters will be done…but the political ramifications may be to distasteful.

I have trained with many of those guys on the front lines up there. They are the best at what they do.

Inzax on June 30, 2010 at 6:46 PM

The Race Card on June 30, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Look, you made an offer to ‘meet half way’ – now you suggest I take the ENTIRE trip?

You can get my e-mail by clicking on my name. This weekend won’t work (I work weekends), but e-mail me your info and we can find a time when this will work. Like a typical puss you don’t make tha info available.

Until then you are just a candy ass putz hiding behind a computer screen. I don’t need any gloves – and if you think I’m going to be following by any sort of ‘gym rules’ you are sadly mistaken.

You might want to wear some headgear, though.

Mr Purple on June 30, 2010 at 8:01 PM

The Race Card on June 30, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Just e-mail me at realmenpreferbush@yahooDOTcom to set something up.

…but it won’t be at any ‘gym’. LMAO! You think there are rules? You think you’re gonna be able to ‘tap out’? I don’t think so.

Mr Purple on June 30, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Two anarchists together is inherently bogus.

They are simple egomaniacal nihilistic thrill-seekers who found an ideology that can use their malignancy.

profitsbeard on June 30, 2010 at 10:26 PM

Mr. Purple, TRC will probably get someone else to pretend it’s him and fight you. His types are cowards as you have stated.

TRC, you are an “itellectual snob”? You’d first have to be an intellectual, and you are anything but.

Hard Right on June 30, 2010 at 10:41 PM

Hard Right on June 30, 2010 at 10:41 PM

I can tell you this much – nobody who is posting on HA as frequently as he does for as long as he has been doing it is training in a gym or working with MMA fighters.

He is full of it. At best he is a towel boy at a gym. I call BS on the entire charade. He would have to use Google to find any sort of legit gym where fighters trained.

I’ve been on a lot the past few days – but I am not all that frequent a poster here.

Mr Purple on June 30, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Was the takedown in the first video by a passer-by or by a protester that didn’t want people to loot?
JadeNYU on June 29, 2010

I think he was a protester (with a brain) as looting would make the protesters look bad, de-legitimizes their cause, whatever that is.

DSchoen on June 30, 2010 at 11:32 PM

That second video was hilarious. All those brave he-man protesters high tail it outta there and leave the woman to fend for herself. A conservative, male protester would have made sure that the woman was protected. Not a lib. Their idea of chivalry is to make sure a woman can abort his baby.

bloggless on July 1, 2010 at 9:30 AM