Video: Obama takes Russian president to burger joint for lunch

posted at 6:07 pm on June 24, 2010 by Allahpundit

I like it. I don’t know if I like it quite as much as cruising around a ranch together in a pick-up truck, but since nothing much came of that relationship, perhaps burger diplomacy will be more successful. Why, they even shared a plate of fries. Aw. Said Medvedev afterward, “Probably it is not quite healthy but it is very tasty and you can feel the spirit of America.” Indeed.

This was a prelude to the afternoon joint presser, at which The One — the world’s most famous Blackberry owner, who’s praised incessantly by the press for his new-media savvy — noted that Medvedev had recently swung by the headquarters of … “Twitters.” Dude?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Any hamburger shots?

Sharke on June 24, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Mark Levin just talked about this, and we’re in total agreement.

Obama wouldn’t be doing that with Bebe, the Prime Minister of Israel. He doesn’t even want to be seen with him.

I’ll bet he wouldn’t go out for burgers with the president of Honduras.

Any small democracy that’s fought off tyrants, and Obama wouldn’t want to be seen with them. Bring on a dictator like the puppet president of Russia, and he’ll buy. I’ll bet he’d love to go out to pizza with the Red Chinese and the Castro Brothers. If I worked there, I’d have to refuse to serve that table.

Virus-X on June 24, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Best time to ever visit the old East Bloc was back right after the wall fell. I remember being in Prague in 1990/1991, they had a good supply of food and everything was DIRT cheap.

Full dinner with dessert and numerous pints of good Czech beer for two people: Less than $3.
I think each beer cost less than 5 cents.

Good times.

Norwegian on June 24, 2010 at 7:08 PM

We didn’t see any milk or dairy products the whole time we were there…and no meat that was from an identifiable source(!).
Biggest bonus, I went in the month of January so I could see the “real Russia” under snow.
At the time, there was a big exchange deal between our 2 countries for Pepsi and Stolichnaya vodka.
I asked if I could get a Pepsi in Moscow–uh, Nyet, comrade.
But I got a delicious Lake Baikal cola instead–Robitussin has no flavor advantage over that! LOL
Notice Medvedev is having a nice Coke today.

Jenfidel on June 24, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Did anyone contact the salt or saturated fat police?

txag92 on June 24, 2010 at 6:13 PM

txag92: No,but I alerted PETA!!:)

canopfor on June 24, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Nail meet head. Bravo, made me lol on so many levels. Thanks.

seesalrun on June 24, 2010 at 8:36 PM

With borscht?

ericdijon on June 24, 2010 at 9:23 PM

funny, michelle is out there promoting healthy eating for us little people and she can’t even control her own household…

heh

cmsinaz on June 24, 2010 at 6:12 PM

She doesn’t control herself. Check out the reports of their “date nights” and outings where she orders food.

Of course, what she orders is fine…it’s the demands on the rest of us that are objectionable.

KittyLowrey on June 24, 2010 at 9:24 PM

Obama Sprat can eat no fat,
His wife can eat no lean,
and in between the two of them,
They lick the platter clean.

Kristamatic on June 24, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Yes, he took him for a big photo op lunch to show his support for a puppet of Putin!

PattyJ on June 24, 2010 at 10:47 PM

cake is fine to the simple.
Wonder what happens when the argula runs out..

seesalrun on June 24, 2010 at 10:57 PM

How is the Lion burger tasting?

hawkman on June 24, 2010 at 11:21 PM

golly gosh -

I’m all atwitterz!!!

dissent555 on June 25, 2010 at 1:00 AM

The media is fawning over how much Obama has improved our relations with Russia. Doh! He’s forgotten their illegal annexation of part of Georgia completely, abandoned our promises of missile defense for Eastern European allies, and pretty much gotten out of their way except for the whining supplications to support some weak but symbolic sanctions against Iran. Oh, and agreeing to basically dismantle our functional nuclear capacity in inordinate proportion to their decommissioning their obsolete weapons – we used to call this, “unilateral disarmament” . . .
`
`
In exchange for all these favors, Obama has received from Russia . . . nothing. Nada. Zip. Sure, relations are improved! They love a sucker with deep pockets!

Adjoran on June 25, 2010 at 5:02 AM

“Give ‘em Hellburger Barry!”

garry on June 25, 2010 at 6:10 AM

Trying to look like an every day guy. What a joke this guy is, always making funny when he isn’t funny at all. Please, find a reason to impeach him!

allstonian on June 25, 2010 at 4:40 PM