Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the Week?
posted at 9:00 am on June 20, 2010 by Ed Morrissey
It’s time again to choose the Obamateurism of the Week. Just as with every week, we don’t know how we’ll get to a winner, but perhaps all we need to do is pray … and actually cast a vote. Unfortunately, we’re not running out of Obamateurisms, and thus far no one’s suggesting that we’ll be unable to produce them in the future. If you can’t make up your mind, just split the difference — and then choose the one that you mostly like. Your vote will have a monumental impact, one that will come just short of keeping President Obama off of the golf course, but let me assure you right now that voting in the OOTW poll is absolutely safe.
Previous 2010 “winners”:
- “We talk to these folks because they potentially have the best answers so I know whose ass to kick“
- “Singularly focused” Obama’s golfing, fundraising, vacation, and sports events
- “Obviously, the loss of Daniel Pearl was one of those moments that captured the world’s imagination because it reminded us of how valuable a free press is.”
- Criticizes AZ immigration enforcement for paper checking while Secret Service checks immigration status of students at Obama event
- “Information becomes a distraction” with X-boxes, PlayStations, iPods, iPads
- “I mean, I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money.”
- President who demands that Americans show health-insurance papers suddenly skittish about residency documents
- Playing golf instead of paying respects to the late Polish president
- “Whether we like it or not, we remain a dominant military superpower”
- Gives 17-minute answer to question about being overtaxed
- Believes Tea Party core is Birthers
- Obama refused to be seen with Netanyahu
- “Your employer, it’s estimated, would see premiums fall by as much as 3000%!”
- Obama off by $868 billion on CBO deficit savings projection of ObamaCare
- Obama challenges GOP on tort reform, winds up proving GOP point on reconciliation
- Obama’s “Acme Insurance” anecdote proves he doesn’t understand insurance
- Obama claims 2 million jobs saved or created, website shows 590K
- Obama gripes about filibusters in a year with none … after having 60 seats in the Senate
- Obama says “corpse-man” for corpsman 3 times at Nat’l Prayer Breakfast
- Scolding the Supreme Court over ruling that he got completely wrong during SOTU
- People are unhappy with Obama’s performance because he didn’t get enough public face time to explain himself
- Suddenly jobs saved or created “never expected to be the public accounting of Obama’s goal to save or create 3.5 million jobs”
- Obama rushes home for minor injury to family friend, keeps golfing after EunuchBomber attack
Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at [email protected] with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.
Illustrations by Chris Muir of Day by Day. Be sure to read the adventures of Sam, Zed, Damon, and Jan every day!
Breaking on Hot Air