Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the Week?

posted at 9:00 am on June 20, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

It’s time again to choose the Obamateurism of the Week.  Just as with every week, we don’t know how we’ll get to a winner, but perhaps all we need to do is pray … and actually cast a vote.  Unfortunately, we’re not running out of Obamateurisms, and thus far no one’s suggesting that we’ll be unable to produce them in the future.  If you can’t make up your mind, just split the difference — and then choose the one that you mostly like.  Your vote will have a monumental impact, one that will come just short of keeping President Obama off of the golf course, but let me assure you right now that voting in the OOTW poll is absolutely safe.

Previous 2010 “winners”:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I voted for “We’re running out of places to drill on land and in shallow water,” even though it’s not really an Obamateurism, it’s a bald-faced LIE.

John the Libertarian on June 20, 2010 at 2:07 PM

I had to vote for the circuitous speak: don’t know where we’re going, or how we’ll get there, but we, um will.

Running out of places to drill was just a flat out lie…not an Obamaturism, IMO.

Chewy the Lab on June 20, 2010 at 2:10 PM

They said the Clinton’s can lie so easily. He makes them look like some honest, righteous people.

Mirimichi on June 20, 2010 at 2:12 PM

John the Libertarian on June 20, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Exactly why I voted for it, too.

Connie on June 20, 2010 at 2:16 PM

What about John Kyl’s revelation Obama is holding border security hostage for “comprehensive (*cough* amnesty) immigration reform”? Or will that hold over to next week?

Paul-Cincy on June 20, 2010 at 2:38 PM

It’s getting harder and harder to pick these OOTWs. Such a plethora of bumbling incompetence from which to choose…

hillbillyjim on June 20, 2010 at 3:17 PM

John the Libertarian on June 20, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Exactly why I voted for it, too.

Connie on June 20, 2010 at 2:16 PM

That was my conclusion as well.

hillbillyjim on June 20, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Obama’s Presidency is like 9/11 ..
it has crashed, burned, and fallen to the ground

J_Crater on June 20, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Obama’s Presidency is like 9/11 ..
it has crashed, burned, and fallen to the ground

J_Crater on June 20, 2010 at 3:24 PM

It’s had pretty much the same effect upon the whole of America, too.

OldEnglish on June 20, 2010 at 3:32 PM

Obama claims he only approved expanded drilling “under the assurance that it would be absolutely safe”

Still the amateurish shifting of blame.

jdkchem on June 20, 2010 at 5:18 PM

Tough choice! You need an “all of the above” button.

sharinlite on June 20, 2010 at 7:04 PM

Tough choices. I finally went for the falsehood most obviously false, on the theory that only an amateur would be so amateurish. How hard is it to do the math and realize congressional control was split between Republicans and Democrats for the past 8 years?

It appears not many people duplicated my thought processes.

Oh well. Tather than feel bad, I’ll just consider myself an unappreciated genius.

It seems to work for liberals…

There Goes The Neighborhood on June 20, 2010 at 7:24 PM

I am amazed that after all these months in office, we still have there “great” choices to vote on… WEEKLY…

Khun Joe on June 20, 2010 at 8:14 PM

It’s so hard to choose. He’s such an idiot.

NoamSayin on June 20, 2010 at 9:53 PM

How soon before some other publication in another country starts their own OOTW? It’s only a matter of time (if there isn’t one already).

mad scientist on June 20, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Again, I think we’re losing a distinction here.

A great many of these ‘obamateurisms’ are, in fact, simply bald-faced lies, not the fumblings of an amateur.

Midas on June 20, 2010 at 10:59 AM

Yes, but these are very amateurish lies.

Slowburn on June 20, 2010 at 9:57 PM

While President Obama was golfing, immediately after declaring this new 9/11… did he happen to read that riveting book “My Pet Goat” to his golf mates? Do we have that on video?

theCork on June 21, 2010 at 12:42 AM

Had to go with “no idea what the goal is”,because it shows lack of leadership qualities.The rest just showed stupidity.

DDT on June 21, 2010 at 2:29 AM

Obama’s Presidency is like 9/11 ..
it has crashed, burned, and fallen to the ground

J_Crater on June 20, 2010 at 3:24 PM

But he is his own man-caused disaster.

Extrafishy on June 21, 2010 at 7:23 AM