The Ed Morrissey Show: Kevin McCullough, Renee Ellmers

posted at 1:06 pm on June 14, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Today, on the Ed Morrissey Show (3 pm ET), Kevin McCullough joins us again to discuss the intersection of faith and politics. Kevin and I will talk about the latest in the news, including Charlie Crist’s veto of a pro-life bill in Florida, warning labels on the Constitution, how some evangelicals are getting it wrong on immigration, and Kevin’s thoughts on the Mitch Daniels “truce” comment.

We’ll also talk about BMX Radio Now, Kevin and Stephen’s exploding success in independent talk radio, as well as Kevin’s book, The Kind of Man Every Man Should Be: Taking a Stand for True Masculinity.

Bonus minutes: At 4 pm ET, we’ll talk with Renee Ellmers, who is running for Congress in North Carolina’s 2nd Congressional District — against incumbent Democratic Rep. Rob Etheridge, caught on tape assaulting a student film crew on the streets of Washington DC.  We’ll talk to her about that and about the issues.

The Ed Morrissey Show and its dynamic chatroom can be seen on the permanent TEMS page — be sure to join us!

Comments

Quite a coup getting Renee Ellmers for today’s show, Ed. Timely, trenchant and terrific

bobnox on June 14, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Was she scheduled before the Congressman became a video sensation? Good catch.

Cindy Munford on June 14, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Go Renee!

Abby Adams on June 14, 2010 at 1:11 PM

That was quick.

forest on June 14, 2010 at 1:16 PM

I just sent Renee Ellmers a contribution, and look forward to the interview.

Jocundus on June 14, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Ed,
Could you ask Renee Ellmers if she plans to seek an endorsement from Gov. Palin? She seems like a perfect “Momma Grizzly” type candidate for Palin to support.

DB9 on June 14, 2010 at 1:19 PM

I question the timing.

hawkdriver on June 14, 2010 at 1:20 PM

hawkdriver on June 14, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Maybe Ellmers should go down to the Carolina Hurricanes training camp to get some “glove dropping” lessons from the players. Might need them if she debates Congressman Berserker.

forest on June 14, 2010 at 1:30 PM

I just sent Renee Ellmers a contribution, and look forward to the interview.

Jocundus on June 14, 2010 at 1:17 PM

I voted for her in the primary and will be happy to cast my vote for her in the general. she is another conservative woman that has grown tired of the GOP males not fighting for our country.

here is her twitter page:

and facebook page:

unseen on June 14, 2010 at 1:42 PM

Very nice.

I hope they take the advice of DrewM. from Ace of Spades and incorporate the video in an ad:

Her campaign really needs to use this Etheridge video in a spot. Start with him saying “Who are you” and then cut to voters saying they live in the district and are upset with his votes on issue a,b,c, then show the Who Are You? bit and have Ellmers say, “I’m Renee Ellmers and I approve this message because it’s time we send a conservative to Washington who will fight the Pelosi/Obama agenda, not citizens who ask questions”.

powerpro on June 14, 2010 at 1:45 PM

All the best to Renee Ellmers, Constitutional Conservative, to defeat the maniacal incumbent.

maverick muse on June 14, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Ed,

as a voter of the 2nd district I’m happy to see you have Renee on the show today. thx for the head’s up I will be sure to catch the show.

unseen on June 14, 2010 at 1:48 PM

Again – a very beautiful and classy looking conservative lady.

I hope she wins – not just because she’s beautiful, because she “gets” it.

gophergirl on June 14, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Ed—tell her a bunch of us are kicking into her kitty so she can beat that douchebag into the unemployment line.

ted c on June 14, 2010 at 2:00 PM

From what I read on Renee’s website, she’s a strong conservative who is solidly pro-life (Palin’s litmus test). My guess is that she will we one of Sarah’s cubs by the end of the week.

bw222 on June 14, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Will Folks: “I did her to” /s

Caper29 on June 14, 2010 at 2:33 PM

OT: Ed or AP, are you going to be doing any stories on E3 which starts tomorrow in LA?

Yakko77 on June 14, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Another outstanding GOP female candidate. This is shaping up to be a revolutionary election cycle in more ways than one.

Bugler on June 14, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Ed –
Best ‘walking music’ segment evah! Thanks for the laugh. You’re a gem.
Oh, and GREAT interview with Renee.

shibumiglass on June 14, 2010 at 4:31 PM