Tennessee Dem on female Republicans: “You have to lift their skirts to find out if they are women”

posted at 6:54 pm on June 14, 2010 by Allahpundit

Via the boss emeritus, as impressively pithy a statement of “authenticity” politics as you’ll ever see. In fact, this one goes a step beyond even what Tina Brown said last week. At least she conceded that conservative women were actually women, if (according to her) not feminists.

Oh well. Minority conservatives have been getting this for years. Your turn, ladies.

At a Democratic gathering over the weekend, Sontany said of women Republican state lawmakers: “You have to lift their skirts to find out if they are women. You sure can’t find out by how they vote!” State GOP chairman Chris Devaney quickly issued a press release calling her comment “inappropriate and disrespectful” and demanding that various Democrats denounce Sontany.

In her office down the hall from the gritty Legislative Plaza press room, we found Sontany sitting glumly at her desk and wishing we wouldn’t ask her about any of this. “I would just as soon see this not have all the legs that apparently it’s going to take,” she says. “I guess it’s a slow news day.”…

But Sontany adds: “That was a glib, off-the-cuff remark that I made that I really wish I had not done. It was not one of my better thought-out statements and I did not mean it to offend. If I have offended anyone, I’m certainly sorry that I did.”

Coming soon from Sontany: Demanding that Tim Scott and Allen West be checked for using bronzer. Exit question: If the rhetoric’s this hot now, how bad will it get if that Palin/Thatcher meeting comes off?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

OT:

Hot off the presses (see page 3):

“The American President told me in confidence that
he is a Muslim,” said Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit on Nile TV.”

Well, that would explain a lot, wouldn’t it?

Via Free Republic.

Emperor Norton on June 14, 2010 at 7:45 PM

That explains the “Call to prayer” being broadcast from the Washington Monument every evening. /

portlandon on June 14, 2010 at 7:50 PM

I can’t find enough time in a day to call all of these loons on the left and berate them for their actions and comments. I think I’ll savor the moment in November as I watch them hang their heads in shock.

madmonkphotog on June 14, 2010 at 7:50 PM

As long as she’s not threatening to lift Helen Thomas’ skirt to check…..

Scrappy on June 14, 2010 at 7:52 PM

=====================================

Interesting,Lady “Iron Bottom” Thatcher,and
HunterKiller USS Alaska 732 SarahCuda!!

Prowling and sinking Liberals,verbally of
course!!

USS Alaska (SSBN 732)

=====================================

Fired Up……..

Ready to Go…….and seek/and/destroy!!(snark)

canopfor on June 14, 2010 at 7:54 PM

portlandon on June 14, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Shut your mouth. Satan trolls here and we don’t want to give him ideas.

platypus on June 14, 2010 at 7:54 PM

Sontany prescribes to the Alan Grayson school of thought. Illiterate rednecks unite. No doubt this skank has had her skirt lifted more than her share.

volsense on June 14, 2010 at 7:54 PM

Let’s recap:
“Go back to Germany and Poland”
“Lift their skirts”
“Who are you” as a kid is assualted.
Now let’s play “What if a Republican did ANY of that”?!?!

RobCon on June 14, 2010 at 8:01 PM

Just Terrific,a Full Blown V-Jay War,this is going to be
good!!!

And I can not believe that these Debaucherous Democrat
Dames wanna be checking to see if there is a kitty up
there!!

What the h*ll is next,Kitty Check Points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on June 14, 2010 at 8:02 PM

a-ho.

Philly on June 14, 2010 at 8:04 PM

Shouldn’t you, ya know… not be a skank if you are going to question the feminine credentials of other women? Just thinking out loud here.

painfulTruthDisciple on June 14, 2010 at 8:05 PM

She hopes it doesn’t get the attention it’s going to…you have to lift up their skirts to check if they are women. Compared to what – pulling a man’s pants down to check if he is a man? Who talks like that a longshoreman?

Dr Evil on June 14, 2010 at 8:08 PM

If I have offended anyone, I’m certainly sorry that I did.”

I’m SO sick of the non-apology apology. Isn’t there anyone man or woman enough to say ” I was wrong and stupid and I’m sorry”?

obladioblada on June 14, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Psst, Ms. Satany:

If you “would just as soon see this not have all the legs”, then don’t lift the skirt.

Also, a good lawyer never lifts a skirt unless they know what they’ll find.

freemarketer on June 14, 2010 at 8:11 PM

You have to lift their skirts to find out if they are women.

That’s what she said!

The Ugly American on June 14, 2010 at 8:11 PM

painfulTruthDisciple on June 14, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Second that thought… What’s with these two baggers thinking their somebody??

Keemo on June 14, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Who talks like that a longshoreman?

Dr Evil on June 14, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Not any more. They have P.C. union workplace rules now.

platypus on June 14, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Meanwhile,as the SarahCuda Army nears Washington,and the female scout radios in to SarahCuda Command,she,relays her
info,”I can see the White House kitchen window,and our spy
is in position”!!!!!

Command to scout,verify that the spy is in position,

Affrimitive,spy has flashed her skirt,Republican spy is verified,operation is good to go……(Ahem,snark)

canopfor on June 14, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Dr Evil on June 14, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Dr.Evil: This is going to be an awesome movie.I don’t know
if its going to be a comedy,or a Horror flick!!!:)

canopfor on June 14, 2010 at 8:15 PM

That’s what she said!

The Ugly American on June 14, 2010 at 8:11 PM

That’s a long wikipedia entry. I scrolled down far enough to see feminism mingled with lesbionism. So at least they admit that it was all about perversion, rather than this stupid motion of liberating females who weren’t in bondage.

platypus on June 14, 2010 at 8:16 PM

In other words she didn’t mean to be so darn honest!

jonezee on June 14, 2010 at 8:18 PM

canopfor on June 14, 2010 at 8:12 PM

That’s a great mental image. Ever thought of writing scripts?

platypus on June 14, 2010 at 8:18 PM

I believe I get what she’s attempting to say, but even the statement in its intent – that female politicians should base their votes on “empathy” and emotion, rather than logic – is patently absurd.

swash_plate on June 14, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Liberals confuse eco-socialist thinking with femininity. The two are not identical.

theCork on June 14, 2010 at 8:19 PM

And this statement from the Party of Janet Reno, Helen Thomas, Nancy Pelosi, Elena Kagan and Sonia Sotomayor. No wonder so many democrats are gay. Even cross-dressers are prettier.

MaiDee on June 14, 2010 at 8:21 PM

This lady and pelosi look like stepford wives only scary/ugly.

CWforFreedom on June 14, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Hmmm…I loved it when Arnie called the California Democrat legislatures girlie men. Am I a hypocrite if I condemn this? Related note: are the liberals who attacked Carly going to give this congresswoman a pass?

Raisedbywolves on June 14, 2010 at 8:25 PM

canopfor on June 14, 2010 at 8:12 PM
=======================
That’s a great mental image. Ever thought of writing scripts?

platypus on June 14, 2010 at 8:18 PM

platypus: Ya,I do have this ability to get creative,haha!!:)

canopfor on June 14, 2010 at 8:32 PM

What ever happen to Respecting the office they hold.

hawkman on June 14, 2010 at 8:37 PM

… Bill Clinton, enthusiastically, applies for the job …

Shiny_Tiara on June 14, 2010 at 8:47 PM

She makes it sound like it’s a good thing if you can tell a woman by how she votes…

and if that is the pic of this Hag…

Fighton03 on June 14, 2010 at 8:54 PM

If I have offended anyone, I’m certainly sorry that I did.

It never fails to amaze me how many politicians persist in trying this classic non-apology apology. She was doing okay with the apology until she stuck this in. Why can’t these goofballs just skip the weasel words and say something blunt like “Obviously, this glib, off-the-cuff statement was offensive. I shouldn’t have said it, and I’m sorry for offending people.”?

Jill1066 on June 14, 2010 at 8:56 PM

The typical argument – you aren’t a woman if you aren’t a feminazi.

I think she and others are scared because of the rise of Sarah Palin, Nikki Haley, Michelle Bachmann, etc. Conservative women prove that you can play with the big boys and still walk, talk and act like an attractive woman with class.

Class and liberals don’t go together.

gophergirl on June 14, 2010 at 8:57 PM

I’d hit it.

Good Lt on June 14, 2010 at 6:59 PM

Put the 2×4 down.

Fighton03 on June 14, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Democrats are hanging themselves. Get all of these clips ready for October.

disa on June 14, 2010 at 9:03 PM

Dr.Evil: This is going to be an awesome movie.I don’t know
if its going to be a comedy,or a Horror flick!!!:)

canopfor on June 14, 2010 at 8:15 PM

I am sure it will be on Showtime after dark…having taken a look at Sontany photo, I hope this is one of those films they shoot in the dark. Can you imagine Sontany pulling a Sharon Stone ala “Basic Instincts” Yeah, I’m going to go with Ho’er movie GRIN.

Dr Evil on June 14, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Yeah, I’m going to go with Ho’er movie EVIL GRIN.

Dr Evil on June 14, 2010 at 9:05 PM

you should use the proper adjective there Dr.

Fighton03 on June 14, 2010 at 9:09 PM

Unlike female Dems who to need to lift their faces so people will recognize that they’re woman human females and not trolls.

What’s this deal with this hag? She in some kind of contest with SNAFU Nancy for “America’s Tightest Face”?

SuperCool on June 14, 2010 at 9:09 PM

The really amazing part is that the people that say this junk seem honestly surprised when it blows up in their faces.
Here’s a helpful hint:
The next time you want to say something that could be stupid, say it into a recorder, wait two minutes and play it back. You’d be shocked how that can stop you from making an ass out of yourself.

Shotgun Messiah on June 14, 2010 at 9:10 PM

… Bill Clinton, enthusiastically, applies for the job …

Shiny_Tiara on June 14, 2010 at 8:47 PM

We have a winner!!

Sam Adams on June 14, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Says the woman with hair plugs.

Tanya on June 14, 2010 at 9:16 PM

As long as she’s not threatening to lift Helen Thomas’ skirt to check…..

Scrappy on June 14, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Helen doesn’t have to lift her skirt to prove she’s nuts!

chickasaw42 on June 14, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Shotgun Messiah on June 14, 2010 at 9:10 PM

My fathers’ rule for public speaking;

Imagine that the sole audience for any public comment was your mother;

Now, would you still say that?

massrighty on June 14, 2010 at 9:23 PM

Newest Meme: If sexism racism against women minorities is spoke by another woman minority, it isn’t sexism racism…………….

portlandon on June 14, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Old news

iurockhead on June 14, 2010 at 9:24 PM

What is it with these dems, first it was Sarah’s boobs they were questioning and now if female republicans from TN are authentic. Seems like the left is consumed by sexuality.

Kissmygrits on June 14, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Hmmm, only the Democrats would think it normal to see a male politician in a skirt…

Tzetzes on June 14, 2010 at 7:40 PM

End of discussion right there.

petefrt on June 14, 2010 at 9:26 PM

A real lady – Something Tennessee wishes they had representing them.

Dr Evil on June 14, 2010 at 9:26 PM

Oh the Irony……Right now this headline is immediately across from the “Palin: No I don’t have implants” thread!

Fighton03 on June 14, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Democrats can’t win on issues so they attack, attack, attack. Apology NOT accepted.

TN Mom on June 14, 2010 at 9:46 PM

This litmus test won’t be necessary with Elena Kagan. Did you see in that picture a few weeks ago how she sits, like she’s not (used to) wearing a skirt?

I’m going to have to take a shower now.

manwithblackhat on June 14, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Not only was it a weasel non-apology, but it was an obvious lie!

There isn’t a scenario, short of full-blown Tourette’s syndrome, where she could have NOT meant to offend!

Not only did she not truly apologize, but her non-apology was a further insult because it says “and I think you’re stupid too!”

Merovign on June 14, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Funny, I’ve been wondering for years if Democrat “women” were women…

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on June 14, 2010 at 10:10 PM

The campaign ads write themselves.

pgrossjr on June 14, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Uh, at least we shave our legs & armpits.
And most of us didn’t have parents that wallowed in the mud at Woodstock or took “trips” with ol’ Tim, thus foisting upon this great nation a whole generation of kids with “fetal drug syndrome”.

hopefloats on June 14, 2010 at 10:37 PM

The Donk ladies are sooo classy!

hawkdriver on June 14, 2010 at 10:52 PM

So how many of you have gone to her website and berated her for being an a$$?

tcn on June 14, 2010 at 11:05 PM

Brains and personality should rule. Definitely she has none. Hence the punishment…

Schadenfreude on June 14, 2010 at 11:11 PM

Anyone in Sontany’s Tennessee House District 53 should give her a piece of your mind. I just did. Let’s see what the misogynist has to say for itself.

Rep. Janis Sontany

rep.janis.sontany@capitol.tn.gov

TennDon on June 14, 2010 at 11:14 PM

Is anyone checking to see if Harry Reid pees sitting down?

ktrush on June 14, 2010 at 11:37 PM

Dear Liberal Women:

Go f*ck yourselves.

Because no man ever will.
_____

* Ed and Allah: Don’t ban me! I’m just blowing off a little steam – these cows boil my blood. Slap my hand if you must.

Animator Girl on June 14, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Has Sontany ever lifted Hillary Clinton’s skirt to see if she’s a woman? Oh, that’s right, she doesn’t wear skirts!

Steve Z on June 15, 2010 at 12:10 AM

I volunteer to check these women.
S.E. Cupp
Sarah Palin
Michelle Malkin
Michelle Bachman
Mary Catherine Ham
Dana Loesch

She is actually right though. You have to check because conservative woman seem to have more balls than anyone.

By the way, if a conservative said this about democrat women she would be labeled homophobic.

The Notorious G.O.P on June 15, 2010 at 12:46 AM

After spending so much time around dem males, it’s understandable how they would be confused by someone that actually has some testosterone.

Hard Right on June 15, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Michelle is eye candy in a skirt….:)
Palin is eye candy in a skirt..:)
Ann Coulter is eye candy in a skirt..:)

Hmmmmm….I detect a pattern……:)

dec5 on June 15, 2010 at 1:43 AM

Michelle Malkin is eye candy in a skirt….:)
Sarah Palin is eye candy in a skirt..:)
Ann Coulter is eye candy in a skirt..:)

Hmmmmm……I detect a pattern……:)

dec5 on June 15, 2010 at 1:43 AM

dec5 on June 15, 2010 at 1:45 AM

Ms. Sontany,

There are fools, and there are damn fools. And all of the apologies in the world will not remove you from the latter.

devolvingtowardsidiocracy on June 15, 2010 at 6:17 AM

If I have offended anyone,

Ya see, Libtard, that’s one big difference between us. All you-all get wee-weed up over a little trash talk and get your fragile feelings hurt.

Us? Well, we just laugh it off or have a come back ready. Now, you–you got your panties in a wad over something you yourself said.

Now you just run along, Little Missy, back on over to the rubberized playground where you won’t skin your knees.

davidk on June 15, 2010 at 7:12 AM

It’s good to be a straight, middle-aged male WASP. I can vote for whoever I want, I don’t have to vote for a Democrat to remain “authentic.” Political parties actually have to earn my vote, it isn’t a foregone conclusion.

Bobbertsan on June 15, 2010 at 7:19 AM

Funny how it’s always a “slow news day” when it’s reported that some Democrat stepped in it in public.

Was it a “slow news day” when the big story was the Palin Implant Conspiracy, all based on one photograph seen through the lens of PDS?

dkmonroe on June 15, 2010 at 7:48 AM

And she hasn’t been force to resign because of………..???????

TrickyDick on June 15, 2010 at 8:32 AM

Yikes! Looking at that picture, I think it’s safe to say there are other ways to tell the difference between a Baird-Hyphen, and a Malkin, or an Ingram, or a Cheney, or a….

Just sayin’

MNHawk on June 15, 2010 at 8:40 AM

Typical of the left. If a Republican woman had said this, the media would be all over it.

afotia on June 15, 2010 at 9:01 AM

This is absolutely SHOCKING to me! I mean, who knew that TN had Democrats?

crushliberalism on June 15, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Women have always had more balls than men when it comes to giving an honest opinion. It sounds to me like Sontany might be just a wee bit jealous of her Republican counter “parts”.

SgtRed on June 15, 2010 at 10:23 AM

BTW, is she saying Patty Murray is more of a woman than Michelle Bachman? Ha!

After November, I hope Patty will have all the free time she likes in which to lecture Washington high-schoolers on the good works of Osama bin Laden.

You go, girl… Away.

drunyan8315 on June 15, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Wait! I’ll get the camera!

CynicalOptimist on June 15, 2010 at 12:48 PM

So those aren’t your naughty bits down there, gals–that’s your Democrat Party Membership Card!

I call the Democrat Party to give up its ownership claims on women and minorities and extend them the same rights enjoyed by white males–the right to decide based on the merits, not the genetics.

And certainly not on the needs of the Pre-Determined Decider party.

Noel on June 15, 2010 at 1:43 PM

This is so obviously ridiculous it is amazing. It shows that either the pol is desperate or off her rocker. Conservative women come across as brainy, beautiful and principled WOMEN. Liberal women come across as b@!! breaking battleaxes bent on revenge against men in particular and America generally, and/or not very bright. Think of Hillary and Nancy. Need more examples? I thought not. If there is any question about the plumbing under women’s skirts it applies only to the Lib gals.

JimP on June 15, 2010 at 6:32 PM