Video: America’s Candidate surprisingly isn’t improving in media relations

posted at 2:40 pm on June 13, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Don Lemon at CNN gets his turn with a media stick to take some shots at Alvin “Piñata” Greene, the South Carolina Democrat who miraculously won the US Senate primary despite never making a public appearance.  Actually, it’s beginning to look like Greene won because he never made a public appearance.  Keith Olbermann conducted a professional and straightforward interview that utterly dismantled Greene, but Lemon begins to get concerned that Greene’s having some sort of mental breakdown and spends the last minute of the clip attempting to provide therapy:

Lemon says in the clip that the New York Times called him a Republican plant, but that’s not actually true.  The Times reported yesterday on the many, many oddities in South Carolina politics over the past decade, including the accusation by others that Greene was a plant.  The paper reported the day before on allegations from Rep. James Clyburn that someone planted Greene.  Gail Collins wrote that the debacle was likely the result of mental coin-flipping by uninformed voters, and that “South Carolina the best place in the world to be a political reporter.”  However, no one at the NYT has written categorically that Greene was a plant at all, let alone a Republican plant.

But back to the trainwreck that is Alvin Greene.  When Lemon tells Greene that some SC Democrats are calling him a few fries short of a Happy Meal, Greene demands to know their names, as if that makes some sort of difference.  When Lemon tells him who they are (they’re on record), Greene mumbles an I’m-rubber-you’re-glue response that is more pathetic than the accusation.  He still can’t give more than monotone answers of few syllables to most questions Lemon or anyone else asks, although he has managed to replace “no comment” with “my lawyers are handling that,” which in politics is not exactly an improvement.  Greene sounds so morose that it’s no wonder that Lemon starts getting concerned at the end of the call.

The biggest loser in this debacle, however, is Vic Rawls, Greene’s primary opponent.  How did a former judge and a Democratic Party leader lose to Greene — by over thirty thousand votes?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Maybe the guy is really intelligent but can’t speak worth a damn. The exact opposite of Obama.

Mark1971 on June 13, 2010 at 3:43 PM

I doubt that he’s really intelligent, but he could be closer to average, rather than extremely below average the way he appears. Imagine the kind of pressure he is under – if he already get’s nervous when speaking, think about what live television will do to him. I think a lot (or at least a decent number) of people would have a hard time answering even very easy questions on national television – to actually be scrutinized in front of an audience of any kind has got to be terrifying.

RINO in Name Only on June 13, 2010 at 4:06 PM

The Left is apoplectic that an actual authentic black man is in politics. They think it may be embarrassing to them. If a man is well enough to vote, he is well enough to be voted for. The Left however likes to put a different face on the black population – the face of Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, or Obama. They are not representative of black America. They are shysters and hustlers. Alvin Greene is black America. And the liberals are embarrassed by that. Thus, they want him gone.

Aside from the fact that he is not a smooth speaker, and he is out of his element, and way out of his depth, there is nothing unusual about Alvin Greene.

The left liked to say that George Bush was an intellectually challenged idiot elected by similar intellectually challenged idiots. Well, if that is true, and George Bush could become president, why not Alvin Greene? Why should he have to go away?

keep the change on June 13, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Make that 2010 and 2012 for the win.

I’m already ready for 2012 to be here today. :(

Canadian Infidel on June 13, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Alvin Greene is black America.

Whom is white America? And, have you ever, ever spoken up for or about a person you believe to represent white-America?

Thank you for playing. You win the applesauce.

The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 4:17 PM

If the voters of South Carolina will vote Lindsey Grahamnesty into office, why is this guy a surprise? Even lifeforms with single digit IQs would be better than LaRaza Grahamnesty.

volsense on June 13, 2010 at 4:18 PM

The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 4:17 PM

It’s telling that, in his world, one person personifies more than 30 million Americans. I bet that he thinks he is speaking up on behalf of “black America.”

Whom is your favorite “black leader?”

The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 4:19 PM

How did Obama become president?

There are dunces all around us, by the millions: white, black, and of all other kinds.

Duncehood is not proprietary to skin color.

Schadenfreude on June 13, 2010 at 4:20 PM

I believe that Green’s Christian socialist idealism anticipated Rawls’s theory of distributive justice. But Ed knew that.

I also heard that, unlike Rawls, Alvin sings like a chipmunk.

Seth Halpern on June 13, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Whom is your favorite “black leader?”

The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 4:19 PM

Mine are: Thomas Sowell and The Race Card.

Schadenfreude on June 13, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Whom is your favorite “black leader?”

The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 4:19 PM

Why should blacks have “leaders”? White people don’t have a “white leader”. Anyone who leads people according to identity politics is always a scumbag.

keep the change on June 13, 2010 at 4:24 PM

I would laugh my ass off If SC had Alvin and Lyndsey as their senators.

abobo on June 13, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Alvin Greene for president!

I want to buy that bumper sticker. I hope Cafe Press fills the demand.

keep the change on June 13, 2010 at 4:25 PM

I feel very bad for black people who have fought so long and so hard to turn around the old stereotypes when someone like Alvin Greene, or the NAACP morons who insisted that Hallmark card said “black whores,” give people an opportunity to fall right back into their low expectations for an entire race of people.

I have some small idea of how it feels every time some moronic hick in the a southern backwater town says something particularly stupid to a reporter and the media paints all southern white Republicans as idiots.

aero on June 13, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Whom is your favorite “black leader?”

The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 4:19 PM

Ask the MSM, they’re the ones that came up with the term. Chances are it would be a liberal though. Conservative blacks are generally reported as “not having the support of black leaders.”

TugboatPhil on June 13, 2010 at 4:27 PM

aero on June 13, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Please accept my apology. I didn’t realize the mic was on when I was talking to that guy. I wondered why he had a camera crew following him around.

TugboatPhil on June 13, 2010 at 4:29 PM

‘The Distinguished Gentleman’ comes to mind.

It’s all Eddie Murphy’s fault!

TinMan13 on June 13, 2010 at 4:30 PM

aero on June 13, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Greene is no embarrassment. He served in the military, has a university education, and is not some pimp, rapper, or gangbanger. He has said nothing outrageous. So who cares if he is a slow speaker. Only liberals care about image like that. That’s why they were so found of “eloquent” obama, a total con man.

keep the change on June 13, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Maybe Alvin Greene is the Forrest Gump of politics.

albill on June 13, 2010 at 4:39 PM

keep the change on June 13, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Well, I would agree with you except for the small matter of that felony charge. I think most people would have to say that that’s embarrassing. Otherwise, I’m completely on board with the idea that he’s just a regular Joe who happens to be a bit on the slow side. He can’t help that, and it’s no reflection on his race.

aero on June 13, 2010 at 4:45 PM

And all the media are hoping for is the guy will have a mental breakdown, start foaming at the mouth, drop his trousers to show the radio controlled implant that controls his body and proceed to chant in Zombie-like moan, “George Bush made me run! George Bush paid for my election application! George Bush spilled the oil in the Gulf! George Bush is the devil!!! It is all George Bush’s fault…and Cheney and Palin!”

albill on June 13, 2010 at 4:46 PM

The REAL question…….is Greene smarter than Biden?

I would wager that Greene deserves to be in Congress. HOW COULD HE BE WORSE than what we have now?

PappyD61 on June 13, 2010 at 4:56 PM

keep the change on June 13, 2010 at 4:31 PM

I agree with you up to the point of his behavior with the college student. Maybe that will turn out to be a misunderstanding.

Cindy Munford on June 13, 2010 at 4:57 PM

I honestly think this guy may have a mental disorder that has no link to liberalism, like one that actually makes me feel sorry for him.

The guy just doesn’t seem like he’s all there and it’s painful to see someone who legitimately seems like they need help get pounded like this, especially someone who served our country.

He couldn’t have always been like this, a guy like this wouldn’t have passed the psych evaluation for service, so it begs the question: What happened to this guy?

PTSD or some other psych disorder?

Severe head injury resulting in mild but permanent brain damage?

And for the love of God, how about everybody take a step back, quit arguing about how he got nominated and pounding him like a speed bag and GET HIM SOME HELP!

SuperCool on June 13, 2010 at 5:05 PM

This guy doesn’t seem like he would even know how to go about getting his name on the ballot. He had to know the scrutiny he would come under and all the interviews he would have to do. Something’s fishy – this is not a legitimate candidate.

silvernana on June 13, 2010 at 5:08 PM

I agree with that hypothesis… this guy clearly has special needs. Someone is pulling the strings.

Illinidiva on June 13, 2010 at 5:12 PM

I’ll take Greene over about 2/3 of the liberals in Congress. At least he is unlikely to cause the kind of harm they are causing this country.

It seems a bit unseemly for the right to be helping the left try to discredit this guy. Would we really prefer Alan Grayson who wants to jail people for advocating drilling? Heck, I’m not even sure that I wouldn’t vote for Greene over Graham; at least Greene isn’t calling us bigots for opposing Amnesty.

DaMav on June 13, 2010 at 5:44 PM

All of the attacks on Greene by the media and other Democrats are RACIST!!

Star20 on June 13, 2010 at 5:50 PM

What difference would it make if he were a Republican plant?All that means is some Repulican gave him the ten grand to file the paperwork. Since it appears that that was as much as he did as far as campaigning goes,his win simply demonstates the stupidity of the Democraps who voted for him.So I guess it is the Republicans fault that Democraps are stupid.
I’ll betcha Boooooosh did it.

DDT on June 13, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Alvin Greene for president!

In a way, he already is.

Emperor Norton on June 13, 2010 at 6:01 PM

keep the change on June 13, 2010 at 4:06 PM

This is the type of racist filth that we don’t need. I say many things that are “racist”, but I say them straight to blacks to challenge their world view. I would never say anything actually racist like this, and no one who supports the right or center-right should be saying such stuff.

thuja on June 13, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Mine are: Thomas Sowell and The Race Card.

Schadenfreude on June 13, 2010 at 4:21 PM

You’re good. But, I submit to you that Dr. Sowell would reject the term-of-art outright.

I, however, embrace the title and pass it along to my favorite body part. Now my response to “take me to your leader” will be to drop my pants.

The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 6:03 PM

How do we know Green isn’t a super-mega-genius who just happens to have a speech problem? It’s been known to happen. According to the Bible Moses had a stammer and needed Aaron to speak for him.

AaronGuzman on June 13, 2010 at 6:04 PM

……cajun shrimp,coconut shrimp,lemon shrimp, pepper shrimp, fried shrimp,shrimpngrits, shrimp fried rice…..

macncheez on June 13, 2010 at 2:54 PM

Never gets old…

But seriously, I am intensely curious about what’s truly up with this guy. In this day and age it’s pretty hard to keep anything a secret forever, so I expect that if there is anything to know it’ll be raked up sooner or later. But then again, with all the interest in Green, you’d think if there was any muck to rake it’d have surfaced by now.

Me? I have no idea what’s going on, but man, is it interesting.

Bob's Kid on June 13, 2010 at 6:05 PM

Whom is your favorite “black leader?”

The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 4:19 PM

Earl Simmons.

Gang-of-One on June 13, 2010 at 6:06 PM

Doesn’t the guy from CNN know that senators are elected state wide and not by district? I think Green should take over the interview.

joeconn547 on June 13, 2010 at 6:08 PM

thuja on June 13, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Might you, for my edification, post an example of this noble method of saying many racist things to blacks in order to challenge their world views. I’m not quite grasping the concept.

Gang-of-One on June 13, 2010 at 6:14 PM

At first I laughed at this situation but now it’s like watching someone beat up a retard. I wish he would withdraw and fade back to his old life. He’s not typical politician scum. I agree he’s being used. If it turns out to be true that the Republicans planted him they should be ashamed.

deewhybee on June 13, 2010 at 6:18 PM

There are two possible futures here.

Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
or
Upgrayedd

pc on June 13, 2010 at 6:22 PM

I think the answer is hiding in plain sight. He keeps saying his lawyer is taking care of it.

Okay, so you are a public defender bored to tears of handling BS charges of showing dirty pictures to college women, and you think to yourself, this Rawls dude has massive negatives in his own party, no one is watching this race, so let’s go for it. So you pick a client that between saying he wants to be an astronaut and the michelin man, he says he wants to be a senator. You work around the money problem by convincing Green that he had buried a bunch of cash and forgotten about it when he applied for the public defender.

pedestrian on June 13, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Gang-of-One on June 13, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Sure! I have no inhibition about telling black people that Obama is in serious competition with Jimmy Carter for the worse President we have had. I tell blacks that I think race is being overemphasized as an issue, and that I don’t like the so-called black leadership. These ideas are up for legitimate debate and I’m sure that some minority of blacks agree with me.

thuja on June 13, 2010 at 6:31 PM

thuja on June 13, 2010 at 6:03 PM

I don’t know what you are reading. And nobody else knows either.

keep the change on June 13, 2010 at 6:34 PM

Has he been asked yet in any of these interviews if he wants Obama to come to SC to campaign for him? Please, please, somebody ask him this!

PatMac on June 13, 2010 at 6:44 PM

The question was asked: The biggest loser in this debacle, however, is Vic Rawls, Greene’s primary opponent. How did a former judge and a Democratic Party leader lose to Greene — by over thirty thousand votes?
Perhaps those voting did not like the former judge and Democratic Party leader, and they voted against Vic Rawls.

mitch088 on June 13, 2010 at 6:47 PM

Earl Simmons.

Gang-of-One on June 13, 2010 at 6:06 PM

Aight.

The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 6:48 PM

mitch088 on June 13, 2010 at 6:47 PM

That’s basically what happened. They simply voted for a name on a ballot that wasn’t some other guy they already knew and didn’t like.

What this whole episode illustrates is how uninformed democrat voters are. Of course we already knew that. The media is only now probing that concept – delicately. They pretend to be surprised that someone with no name recognition could get votes. But it was his lack of name recognition that did it. They didn’t care who he was. He wasn’t the other guy.

That was how obama got elected after all. Liberals didn’t care who he was. Or what he believed. They just knew he wasn’t the other guy.

No mystery, MSM.

keep the change on June 13, 2010 at 6:58 PM

The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Now that’s funny, I don’t care where you’re from… That’s funny.

RalphyBoy on June 13, 2010 at 7:13 PM

I see, you mean the kind of “racist” stuff that’s not really racist at all. You mean the kind of race relations stuff that rational people should be willing to debate . Ok, I get it.

I’m sure that some minority of blacks agree with me.

I’m sure too, but I think its a very small minority. One step at a time,though. Still, good for you.

BTW, not to anger you, but I think there’s a chance you misinterpreted what keep the change meant.

Gang-of-One on June 13, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Aight.

The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Damn, I thought you were going to give me the what for. Surprising.

Gang-of-One on June 13, 2010 at 7:20 PM

Somewhere in a political science class or perhaps a sociology course, students are laughing their arses off at this. Alvin Greene is the result of a college experiment to prove that anyone, no matter how unqualified (Obama excepted) can be selected and run as a candidate. Come election day the cat will be let out of the bag and the joke (as usual) will be on the American voters.

greasywrench on June 13, 2010 at 7:21 PM

How unbelievably racist the left is. This candidate is unqualified simply because of the color of his skin? Why don’t they believe he has the ‘judgment to lead’?

First the left exposes it’s anti-semitism with Helen Thomas’ comments. Many on the left support her anti-semetic views.

Referring to Alvin Greene as ‘unqualified’ or some sort of a ‘plant’ can only be called racism.

After all, when people on the right questioned Obama’s experience and his ‘judgment to lead’ we were called racist. The left must now accept they have defined themselves as racists.

Mr Purple on June 13, 2010 at 7:23 PM

I don’t care what everyone else is complaining about. Greene said he is going to put SC back to work. It is time they start working.

Inanemergencydial on June 13, 2010 at 7:26 PM

I think this guy is a repudiation of the DNC. I think they knew full well who his opponent was, and their utter dissatisfaction with the democrats lead them to basically just choose any other democrat. They knew nothing of him, and they believed it would be sending a message to that party, though they were still stupid to vote democrat; they just didn’t vote for that democrat. Perhaps, though, if they knew how much of an idiot he was, that would’ve given them pause (and maybe even forced them over to the other side: Republican).

Virus-X on June 13, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Whom is white America?
The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 4:17 PM

That’s not the correct usage. It should be “Who is” here, not “Whom is.” The reason is that “is” is an intransitive verb.

Why point this out? If The Race Card thinks “Whom is” is correct here, and uses it repeatedly, I believe it shows how pretentious and ignorant he is. He assumes that the governing rule is that if the word “is” starts with a vowel–and it does–then the word before must end with a consonant. But that’s not it. He probably even believes that he’s showing off by using “Whom is.”

Emperor Norton on June 13, 2010 at 7:30 PM

ted c on June 13, 2010 at 2:46 PM

I think in the 1980′s in California a dog was elected mayor over his two human counter-part

FontanaConservative on June 13, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Honestly I don’t think he’s any worse than the majority in DC. Few there seem to understand reality either.

boomer on June 13, 2010 at 7:46 PM

Oh and “That reporters and Uncle Tom!”.

boomer on June 13, 2010 at 7:47 PM

I am hating the way this guy is being treated. The Dems and the MSM are just reprehensible.

I get that they want to get another guy in there, does he have to be talked down to by every lib newsperson; or like they’re either begging him to quit, or like they’re trying to represent him as a criminal and a moron. What happened to innocent until proven guilty. What happened to you guys covering up form your guys like you did with Edwards and his mistress?

Just leave the guy alone.

hawkdriver on June 13, 2010 at 8:08 PM

I just love this Al Greene guy.

Mojave Mark on June 13, 2010 at 8:11 PM

South Carolina has a 28.5% black population vs 12.8% national average. They are probably democrats. They simply voted for the black man like they were taught to in the last election. They considered the potential for a black senator from south Carolina to be another historic vote. I’m surprised that anyone is surprised.
Haunches on June 13, 2010 at 3:12 PM

How can you tell from the voting ballot a person’s race?

jarhead0311 on June 13, 2010 at 8:18 PM

The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 4:17 PM

The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 4:19 PM

It’s “who is,” not “whom is,” Alvin.

disa on June 13, 2010 at 8:22 PM

Can someone be mentally retarded and serve 13 years in the US military? Wouldn’t he have been weeded out before he even got to enlist?
Mark1971 on June 13, 2010 at 3:25 PM

I can’t speak for the Army, but as a Marine, Navy personnel I worked with in Nam would fit right in with Alvin…no actually big Al is quite a bit sharper than the sailors I knew.

One I did not know personally, who is now a Sen. from AZ, makes Alvin look real sharp.

jarhead0311 on June 13, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Cindy Munford on June 13, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Yes, Ms Munford, as Alvin’s legal counsel I can assure you it is all a big misunderstanding.

The fact is that one morning while Alvin was eating breakfast (grits n gravy) at his Daddy’s house he noticed the milk carton had a picture of a missing boy and girl on it. So Alvin, being the public servant he is, went down to the college library with that picture which he had cut off the milk carton and was showing it to folks studying, asking if they had ever seen these missing people.

When the young lady mentioned in the arrest report suddenly got up and left the library without answering Alvin’s question’s, Alvin felt she was a likely suspect so he followed her to see if she was hiding the missing folks in her bathroom.

Cordially yours,
Big Jimbo Klyburns

jarhead0311 on June 13, 2010 at 8:41 PM

Now my response to “take me to your leader” will be to drop my pants.
The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Don’t forget the ‘bend over” part of dropping your panties. Let them all know the hersey highway awaits them.

jarhead0311 on June 13, 2010 at 8:46 PM

“Whom is white America?
The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Emperor Norton on June 13, 2010 at 7:30 PM”

The Race Card is totally wrong. Emperor Norton is right about usage, but partly off about the verb kind. “Is” is a stative verb expressing state of being; here is it also an equative. More significant to The Race Card’s usage is that “is” is, as he uses it, is a predicate nominative. The predicate is about the same as the subject and connected to it by an equative verb. Put simply, the words on both sides of the verb refer to the same person. So you can flip The Race Card’s sentence around without changing the meaning or the form of the pronoun ‘who’: White America is who? Who is always nominative (subject) and “whom” always accusative (object). TRC’s sentence has no object, which is why the verb is intransitive and Emperor Norton is right on that point.

SilentWatcher on June 13, 2010 at 8:47 PM

deewhybee on June 13, 2010 at 6:18 PM

It’s not nice to say “retard” deewyhbee. I’m going to have to tell The Race Card (a commenter on this blog) on you and he will then insist you spend time in his hersey highway as punishment. Or something.

jarhead0311 on June 13, 2010 at 8:49 PM

As for Alvin Greene, I don’t think there is a blessed thing wrong with him. He’s not stupid or mentally defective.

It is possible that he is basically a man of few words because what he’s got in his head never comes out of his mouth the way it is in his head.

It’s possible that he himself is engaged in a sociopolitical experiment and wants to see how far he can take this.

I don’t think he’s representative of the black community either. Not only is he not spouting any of the stuff one would hear from many a black candidate, his lack of orality is not representative. People in the community do like to talk and can talk, even though you don’t agree with what they say or find their expression ungrammatical.

Greene’s lack of follow through on his election bid and his seeming incoherence make me conclude that something is afoot. I don’t think Greene’s a plant, but I do think there’s an experiment of sorts going on, and Alvin Greene is consciously and willfully in on it.

SilentWatcher on June 13, 2010 at 8:56 PM

That was just too painful, I couldn’t listen to the whole interview.

Alvin Greene is obviously in WAY over his head. He cannot string two words together, let alone two sentences, he’s a criminal, and I doubt he could name the three branches of government. That’s what CNN ought to ask him next, who the VP of the US of A is, to name the 3 branches of government and how many United States there are.

Amy Proctor on June 13, 2010 at 9:11 PM

hawkdriver on June 13, 2010 at 8:08 PM

I’m with you, hawk. I don’t see how this guy is to blame for being elected, and the personal attacks are hideous. It may be that the process is a mess, but Mr. Greene doesn’t deserve the opprobrium being heaped upon him.
Randy

williars on June 13, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Amy Proctor on June 13, 2010 at 9:11 PM

How many united states are there in the United States? And why do we say the United Stated “is” and not the United States “are”?

hawkdriver on June 13, 2010 at 9:25 PM

I don’t know what everyone is concerned about. He sounds like a typical democrat senator to me. I think he will have national ambitions in the near future.

Greene / Pelosi 2016!!!

Timothy S. Carlson on June 13, 2010 at 9:26 PM

The more I think about it the less I care if he committed a crime. So what if he did? He’ll fit in nicely if so.

boomer on June 13, 2010 at 9:26 PM

Amy, sorry, should be quotes and not strike outs.

hawkdriver on June 13, 2010 at 9:27 PM

SilentWatcher on June 13, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Too awesome! Another debate on what the meaning of the word “is” is!

Best regards,
roscopico

roscopico on June 13, 2010 at 9:27 PM

It just dawned on me…

Who WOULDN’T vote for Al Green?

“Let’s Stay Together”?

Electoral. Landslide.

roscopico on June 13, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Gang-of-One on June 13, 2010 at 7:16 PM

No, you don’t anger me at all. You are a reasonable, thoughtful person. I may have misinterpreted. And I would go back and reread everything now, but I’m going to Harrisburg, PA tomorrow morning early to lobby for Iranian divestment, an activity which think you’d find respectable whether you agree or disagree. I will go back and reread everything tomorrow night when this thread is dead. At which point, I’ll come to some conclusion of interest to no one besides myself. I hope find I’m wrong. If so, I’ll say I’m wrong to an empty audience.

thuja on June 13, 2010 at 9:48 PM

I like him better than any of the Senators from Califa or Nuevo Jork .

borntoraisehogs on June 13, 2010 at 9:57 PM

thuja on June 13, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Most respectable, and I can definitely get behind divestment. Good luck, and thanks for your efforts!

Gang-of-One on June 13, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Thank you for playing. You win the applesauce.

The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Just ask the congressional black caucus or the NAACP, maybe they know the answer…

TN Mom on June 13, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Whom is your favorite “black leader?”

The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 4:19 PM

Condi Rice!!!

TN Mom on June 13, 2010 at 10:41 PM

Whom is your favorite “black leader?”

The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 4:19 PM

The Hutch or Harry C. Alford

Inanemergencydial on June 13, 2010 at 11:06 PM

I really need to know his outlook on Guam capsizing before I commit my vote.

Wolfen on June 13, 2010 at 11:40 PM

SilentWatcher on June 13, 2010 at 8:47 PM

OMG

Oh, my heavens! A bigger grammar geek than me I!

[swoons]

Can

May I

have

bear your babies?

Mary in LA on June 14, 2010 at 12:38 AM

Apparently I can write, but I can’t tag. Those last quote tags were supposed to be strike tags:-P
Preview? We don’t need no stinkin’ preview…

Back on topic: I don’t know what to think of Mr. Greene, but I can’t help thinking 7% Solution’s hypothesis is correct.

“Behold the power of our fully operational Electoral Death Star!”

Mary in LA on June 14, 2010 at 12:40 AM

Amy Proctor on June 13, 2010 at 9:11 PM

Yeah. In a few years, he might want to run for President, which means he would have to know the answer to two out of three of those questions.

RINO in Name Only on June 14, 2010 at 1:47 AM

Those folks claiming that Greene is a plant may be on to something… because a vegetable IS a kind of plant.

VekTor on June 14, 2010 at 2:55 AM

OK, joke’s over. This Greene business is really a sad spectacle.

Whatever clown thrust this not-even-close-to-ready-for-prime-time guy into this embarrassing position should be outed and shamed, and deserves quadruple the public humiliation that Mr Greene is now being subjected to.

Everyone can obviously see that there’s more to this story than meets the eye. I highly doubt the GOP has anything to do with it, because they had no need to screw around with a shoo-in election.

The only possibilities are bizarre ones. Meanwhile, the guy has become a laughingstock and I for one don’t like it. Look, he is, after all, a vet. He’s served the country and deserves better. He’s probably been to Korea, for that matter, and God bless him for calling for a unified Korea by the way. Just get him out of the damn election and have mercy on him.

Edouard on June 14, 2010 at 4:56 AM

Why is it that Obama won the primary and then the election and we all scream about how incompetent he is, we’re told by Obamabots to suck it up, “he won”. The voters picked him!

But Greene wins, the voters picked him, and the Democrats are trying to force him out…? Has anyone put Greene in front of a teleprompter? He might be just as capable as Obama at reading.

Maybe they are trying to drive him out because the are racist!

sarainitaly on June 14, 2010 at 5:28 AM

Amy Proctor on June 13, 2010 at 9:11 PM

Well that’s a whole lot more than Obama was asked and he was running for President.

I say just ask him how many states there are and if he gets closer to 50 than Obama did (57 states), let him run!

Mr Purple on June 14, 2010 at 6:45 AM

hawkdriver on June 13, 2010 at 9:25 PM, if we say the United States are, then we have a HUGE problem because the are indicates that we are not one nation anymore. The United States is says we are one nation, under God,… and led by a petty Marxist wannabe dictator.

Simply put: we use a singular verb with a collective noun to signify unity. Using a plural verb shows disunity.

roscopico on June 13, 2010 at 9:27 PM, the discussion is not about meaning but about syntax.

Mary in LA on June 14, 2010 at 12:38 AM, thanks, sister, but I don’t swing that way.

SilentWatcher on June 14, 2010 at 6:49 AM

Lemon is kind of a joke. The ONLY reason they had this guy on was so he could make a fool of himself, and what does it gain anyone by asking the same question over and over for 5 mins when the guy has said elsewhere he will not comment and told Lemon he would not comment at all about the issue?

Plus- since when do journalists ask people if they’re either retarded or drugged up because they might not speak well?

I agree this guy sounds like there’s something wrong with him, but this seems like shoddy journalism to me. You don’t usually hear reporters ask a person who is soft spoken if they’re on drugs or mentally retarded.

TheBlueSite on June 14, 2010 at 8:31 AM

SilentWatcher on June 14, 2010 at 6:49 AM

Give the girl a cigar. As I understand, until after the Civil War, saying the United States “are” was common and considered more proper.

hawkdriver on June 14, 2010 at 9:14 AM

SilentWatcher on June 14, 2010 at 6:49 AM

Having said that, you won’t make a lot of friends around here nit-picking spelling or grammar.

Juz sayin, YO!

hawkdriver on June 14, 2010 at 9:15 AM

Lemon are an idiot. He have a lot of nerve telling Greene that now he a public figur he have to be transparent–just like President Kickass are.

Gang-of-One on June 14, 2010 at 9:31 AM

Gang-of-One on June 14, 2010 at 9:31 AM

lol

hawkdriver on June 14, 2010 at 9:38 AM

Don’t see the problem: he’s “green”, knows nothing & likes dirty pictures. Seems like the perfect candidate for Congress.

jarhead0311 on June 14, 2010 at 9:41 AM

hawkdriver on June 14, 2010 at 9:38 AM

Never was a very good English student!

Gang-of-One on June 14, 2010 at 9:44 AM

Lemon are an idiot. He have a lot of nerve telling Greene that now he a public figur he have to be transparent–just like President Kickass are be.

Gang-of-One on June 14, 2010 at 9:31 AM

That be the proper polltax syntax you dufuss!

jarhead0311 on June 14, 2010 at 9:45 AM

Thank you Alvin M. Green.

I have not laughed for three days straight since the Cuban missile crisis.

Like my momma used to say: Life is be like a bowl of cherries.

jarhead0311 on June 14, 2010 at 9:52 AM

hawkdriver on June 14, 2010 at 9:14 AM, hawkdriver on June 14, 2010 at 9:15 AM,

Dude, you got a problem with women knowing something?

You did ask a question, didn’t you? Did I or did I not answer it? You wanted me to stroke and pat you while giving the answer? Okay, there, there, baby boy. You feel better now?

You know what? The black community is full of people like you who are dead scared of people knowing something they don’t. So they try to pull people down and they try mind games, like the one you are playing, so people will fall in line. That way, the unknowing won’t have to say, ‘oh, sheesh, I didn’t know that.’

Next time, don’t ask questions, or just declare upfront that all your questions are rhetorical. Ignorance is bliss.

You know what am sayin’, yo? Yeah, it’s like that.

Mary in LA on June 14, 2010 at 12:38 AM,

I forgot to add the at the end of the sentence. Grammar geekery is the good life, baby!

SilentWatcher on June 14, 2010 at 9:53 AM