Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the Week?

posted at 10:16 am on June 13, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Time to kick ass and take (the correct) names in this week’s OOTW poll!  Choose wisely and defend your selection carefully, because sometimes your words can come back to bite you in the ass.  If that happens, though, don’t worry — we won’t make you lawyer up or anything, even if you make an ass out of yourself by partying it up for the cameras instead of commemorating D-Day … or taking care of the disaster in the Gulf.

Previous 2010 “winners”:

Comments

Definitely the ‘ass’ comment. The party in the White House is a close second, though.

Ian on June 13, 2010 at 10:20 AM

My God, it’s available!

The OFFICIAL CAPTAIN KICK-ASS Action Figure!

Of course, you have to dress the SOB, but think of the fun you can have with that!

pilamaye on June 13, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Captain Kickass(tm)

Purple Fury on June 13, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Man. As time goes on these get tougher to call.

Guardian on June 13, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Damm, this gets harder every week. All good choices for Odumbo the Narcissist

skanter on June 13, 2010 at 10:22 AM

My God, it’s available!

The OFFICIAL CAPTAIN KICK-ASS Action Figure!

pilamaye on June 13, 2010 at 10:20 AM

OMFG, that’s hilarious!!

Hilarious….

…and disturbing.

Purple Fury on June 13, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Had to vote for kick-ass, but was tempted with the “I’m more prepared for Gulf-crisis.”Might have added the “Suck up with a straw.” comment too. There’s so much comedy Gold every week it’s hard to choose.

sandee on June 13, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Ass comment, of course, but I also like the successful campaign makes him ready for a Gulf crisis – what a ma-roon!

ladyingray on June 13, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Personally, I think Captain Kick-Ass should at least make the effort to suck it up through a straw.

NeighborhoodCatLady on June 13, 2010 at 10:23 AM

The Constitutional scholar ripping BP for lawyering up during an investigation, with investigation started while the leak isn’t even plugged, just had to get my vote. That’s just so wrong in so many ways.

The only question in my mind is whether the investigation is a populist witch-hunt, or a Chicago-style shakedown, or just more anti-British venom. Or maybe it’s a trifecta!

NeighborhoodCatLady on June 13, 2010 at 10:26 AM

I’ll be glad when get to kick his ass out of the White House.

backwoods conservative on June 13, 2010 at 10:28 AM

2008′s interview in which Obama claimed he was better prepared for a Gulf crisis because he ran a presidential campaign….

I had to go with this one…for ALL of it’s obvious reasons…

Maobama has seriously fallen down on the job at hand, he is a disgrace to the C in C position, he cannot lead, all he can do is talk talk talk…his actions say nothing.

He needs to get the he!! out of the way!!

RoxanneH on June 13, 2010 at 10:29 AM

“..in any other week, the field..”

Ass-kicking remark: a bright star in a bright constellation.

The War Planner on June 13, 2010 at 10:30 AM

This is a tuff one, but a lawyer criticizing a company for lawyering up after a criminal probe of said company was announced……you can’t make this stuff up.

Dr Evil on June 13, 2010 at 10:30 AM

The other choices were just mere politics.

OldEnglish on June 13, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Dr Evil on June 13, 2010 at 10:30 AM

“Yes we can!”

the_nile on June 13, 2010 at 10:32 AM

pilamaye on June 13, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Capt Kick Ass is nuetered.

And this has been out for a while.

upinak on June 13, 2010 at 10:34 AM

A US President should never, ever forget D-Day!!!!

Vince on June 13, 2010 at 10:35 AM

Captain KickAss – shows what a classless punk we have for president. He is an embarassment.

PatMac on June 13, 2010 at 10:35 AM

All are very prize worthy but can’t let the ass kicking go by. He’s going to eat those words for eternity.

Dingbat63 on June 13, 2010 at 10:35 AM

In spite of the kick-ass worthiness of all the Obamateurisms this week, The confession by Captain KickAss that he had to be directed to the particular guilty ass to kick was so amateur as to be snort-worthy. Any good, professional ass-kicker would either know without question whose ass to kick or would just kick anyone’s ass since that action has an instantaneous attention-getting effect.
So, be prepared for Captain KickAss to blame President Bush for not leaving instructions in the Oval Office on “How to Kick Ass.”

ExpressoBold on June 13, 2010 at 10:38 AM

Why isn’t there an “All of the Above”?!!!

I could make a solid case for every single one, and you didn’t even include the sucking it up with a straw one!

He’s no longer the Commander in Chief. He’s now the Idiot in Chief.

UnderstandingisPower on June 13, 2010 at 10:39 AM

pilamaye on June 13, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Anatomically/historically correct, too, but it’s a shame it doesn’t come with a scale-sized mirror.

rogerb on June 13, 2010 at 10:39 AM

Wow. Reading all the winners really shows he’s actually getting worse.

Chuck Schick on June 13, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Had to go with the “lawyering up” critique after the criminal probe was announced.

Sheesh, what a clueless hack.

Tuning Spork on June 13, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Decisions, decisions! I am between President Kick-Ass (who should be able to suck up the spill with a straw) and forgetting D-Day, which is disgraceful. The lawyer-up comment is a gem as well, coming from a constitutional lawyer who doesn’t want BP to exercise its right to defend itself.

Philly on June 13, 2010 at 10:41 AM

The Year of the Ass.
That is priceless. Let’s hope it is only a year.

ORconservative on June 13, 2010 at 10:47 AM

So many choices, so little time.

WordsMatter on June 13, 2010 at 10:49 AM

Wow.

Well actually, not wow.

Denny Hoyer on This Week with Jake Tapper, just explained who’s at fault for the oil spill …….

1. Bush, allowed regulatory changes favoring Big Oil.

2. Haliburton, poured the concrete for the off-shore rig.

……… with a straight face.

That’s their lie, and they are sticking to it.

fogw on June 13, 2010 at 10:49 AM

I’ll be glad when get to kick his ass out of the White House.

backwoods conservative on June 13, 2010 at 10:28 AM

Just 29 more months until the first Tuesday in NO-vember 2012…

Khun Joe on June 13, 2010 at 10:52 AM

An embarrassment of kick-ass choices yet again.

Drained Brain on June 13, 2010 at 10:52 AM

My God, it’s available!

The OFFICIAL CAPTAIN KICK-ASS Action Figure!

pilamaye on June 13, 2010 at 10:20 AM

The Emperor has no cloths?

Electrongod on June 13, 2010 at 10:54 AM

The other choices were just mere politics.

OldEnglish on June 13, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Agreed… The others are school yard compared to this one.

RalphyBoy on June 13, 2010 at 10:56 AM

Solid B+ Bammy, SOLID.

jukin on June 13, 2010 at 11:00 AM

Has to be the ASS comment, because “an ass by any other name, is just another Hussein…….”

J.

JohnnyMojo on June 13, 2010 at 11:02 AM

BP already has more lawyers on staff/retainer than Soros has in his pocket. that was really dumb comment.

and you know, Bush was supposed to be so dumb….

kelley in virginia on June 13, 2010 at 11:03 AM

thanks for this site. We worked really hard to nominate (by primary) the candidate (Robert Hurt) who can defeat Dem Pelosi-enabler Perriell (5CD VA) so I had no time to delve into national politics last 3 weeks.

If not for this site & a few others, I would not have been able to keep up with national politics.

kelley in virginia on June 13, 2010 at 11:06 AM

The “ASSMAN”. He actually “stopped short” of kicking some though.

hip shot on June 13, 2010 at 11:10 AM

The OFFICIAL CAPTAIN KICK-ASS Action Figure!

pilamaye on June 13, 2010 at 10:20 AM

How appropriate. It has no balls either.

portlandon on June 13, 2010 at 11:10 AM

More and more, I think the question is, “What WASN’T an Obamateurism of the week?” Easier to answer. Maybe.

Mommynator on June 13, 2010 at 11:10 AM

“Suck it up with a straw” + “kick-ass” = Captain Suck-Ass

parteagirl on June 13, 2010 at 11:11 AM

Forgoing D-Day commemorations, thereby insulting those who gave him the opportunity to be where he is. The other choices were just mere politics. OldEnglish on June 13, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Agreed… The others are school yard compared to this one. RalphyBoy on June 13, 2010 at 10:56 AM

O’KickAss can’t even celebrate real American men who actually kicked ass. He’s just an ass.

Mojave Mark on June 13, 2010 at 11:15 AM

and he told BP they had 48 hours to clean up the mess or ….what?….

’cause BP really doesn’t give a damn about cleaning up the mess, Bambi? is that what you want us to believe?

kelley in virginia on June 13, 2010 at 11:15 AM

really, mojave: America’s Greatest Generation kicked ass all over the world without whining. Those that stayed home endured deprivation & fear, so I include them in the “kicking ass” category.

He does remember them. He wants to destroy their legacy & contributions.

kelley in virginia on June 13, 2010 at 11:18 AM

I thought that the good book said when the messiah came he would be riding an ASS not “Be an ASS”.

TheSitRep on June 13, 2010 at 11:18 AM

Assman it is.

profitsbeard on June 13, 2010 at 11:19 AM

We’ve surely passed amateur hour. Has there ever been a more ignorant and dumber president in U.S. history? If there is anything of value to be gained from these 4 years it is that affirmative action is a total failure.

jdkchem on June 13, 2010 at 11:20 AM

wow, for me it is forgetting the anniversary of the D-Day invasion. No excuse to forget that.

tommer74 on June 13, 2010 at 11:20 AM

kick ass, hands down.

rob verdi on June 13, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Mommynator on June 13, 2010 at 11:10 AM

I think you might have a point. Has he ever been caught being presidential, classy, making a real decision, or even being sane?

BetseyRoss on June 13, 2010 at 11:26 AM

Number 5 was close, but since it was pre-presidential, I had to pass on it. But tough choices…

karl9000 on June 13, 2010 at 11:29 AM

The OFFICIAL CAPTAIN KICK-ASS Action Figure!

Meh. The thighs are too big and the ears are too small. They got the arm length right, though.

parteagirl on June 13, 2010 at 11:29 AM

I went with “lawyer up”,something very ominous there,although they were all good.
I noticed this week that no two OOTDs were at all similar,which rarely happens.I guess Bambi is being more careful in making sure he has NONE of the bases covered.

DDT on June 13, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Lady Macbeth a/k/a “her thighness” must be licking her chops to unseat this moron in 2012.

50sGuy on June 13, 2010 at 11:33 AM

Although the Captain Kickass figure provided me with enough laughs to get me through to 2012, I had to go with partying on D-Day. The contempt this man (and I use the term loosely) shows for our fallen heroes makes me sick.

BitterClinger on June 13, 2010 at 11:33 AM

Breaking News! Captain KickAss will be addressing the Nation on Tuesday concerning the the Gulf Oil Leak Issue.

Meaning he will appear with Peggy Lee’s “I’m Sorry” playing in the background while he blames BP, the British, the greedy Republicans, and of course, BOOOOOOOSSSHHHH for the disaster.

pilamaye on June 13, 2010 at 11:35 AM

I can’t remember a stronger field since this topic emerged in the regime’s early days. I went for the D-Day blunder.

I think there have been some weeks that even the last place “Wolfe” miscue would have been a strong candidate for first place.

I really think it’s beyond time to put together something like Letterman’s nightly “Great Moments in Presidential Speeches” bit that featured W’s weaker comments. Letterman is way too far in the tank to do it, of course.

EconomicNeocon on June 13, 2010 at 11:36 AM

I had to go with the D-Day snub, which was preceded by the V – E Day snub and resnub

Gwillie on June 13, 2010 at 11:39 AM

Ed, you’re going to have to start giving us a choice of all of the above. Because sometimes it hard to choose one of the Light Workers many flubs and gaffs.

thekingtut on June 13, 2010 at 11:47 AM

How about continually referring to BP as British Petroleum.
They changed their name in 2001.

Kind of like referring to Exxon as Standard Oil or Esso.

albill on June 13, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Dr Evil on June 13, 2010 at 10:30 AM

Yep, and remember last year when he said that the 9/11 terror suspects would get a fair trial in NYC . . . before they were executed?

Makes one wonder what exactly they’re teaching law students at Harvard. “Constitutional law expert” Obama apparently can’t grasp the most basic criminal law concepts like the presumption of innocence. With that level of ignorance, he wouldn’t even be qualified to sit as a juror in a criminal trial, yet he was teaching law to others. It’s frightening to think about the depth of this man’s incompetence.

AZCoyote on June 13, 2010 at 12:04 PM

Kick ass is my choice. Best laugh I have had in 6 months. Followed closely be “I campaigned” so therefore I have the experience needed to confront any crisis. What a buffoon!!

elclynn on June 13, 2010 at 12:08 PM

My God, it’s available!

The OFFICIAL CAPTAIN KICK-ASS Action Figure!

pilamaye on June 13, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Mom jeans sold separately.

csdeven on June 13, 2010 at 12:13 PM

As the Obama incompetency spreads can I ask for an “all of the above” button. It’s getting tough out there.

tarpon on June 13, 2010 at 12:27 PM

Every OOTW…past, present, and future…are and will always be Boooosh’s fault./

For the record, I went with the 2008 interview.

GrannyDee on June 13, 2010 at 12:47 PM

As to the snubbing of D-Day, I attribute this less to Obama’s incompetence and more to his absolute arrogance and completely unmitigated lack of interest in what D-Day was really all about.

Compared to where Ronald Reagan stood on D-Day, Obama is not only on the opposite end of the spectrum, he is OFF the spectrum entirely.

pilamaye on June 13, 2010 at 12:57 PM

The OFFICIAL CAPTAIN KICK-ASS Action Figure!

pilamaye on June 13, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Not nearly skinny enough. More like this.

And it’s definitely ‘kick ass’. He’s a real amateur at being a tough guy.

2ipa on June 13, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Kickass.

Reading that quote again, I am still amazed that a POTUS said it.

Biggest Loser.

reaganaut on June 13, 2010 at 1:00 PM

WHAT A WEALTH (DESTITUTION) OF RICHES.
ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO PICK JUST ONE.
THIS GUY IS A TOTAL TRAIN WRECK.
DO I HEAR THE JIGGLE JANGLE OF IMPEACHMENT?

jimmer on June 13, 2010 at 1:08 PM

pilamaye on June 13, 2010 at 10:20 AM

From the link:

Sideshow Collectibles is proud to bring you the True-Type 12-inch Figure Body (African American) – Advanced Version by Hot Toys. The True-Type body features over 38 points of articulation. With all the innovation that Hot Toys is known for, this is one of the best 1:6 scale figure bodies available – the perfect base for any 1:6 scale fabric costumes and accessories to create unique custom figure.

… articulated … Harry Reid approves wholeheartedly!
… hot … the drooling fool in Ohio salivates even more!

ya2daup on June 13, 2010 at 1:15 PM

All Of The Above

Eren on June 13, 2010 at 1:16 PM

Obama: “So I know who’s ass to kick…”
Lauer: “Kick some butt.”

Been humming it to myself all week.

Jack Bauer/Chuck Norris 2012
Secretary of State: Mr. T
Energy Czar: Todd Palin
Fitness Czar: Jackie Chan
White House Press Secretary: Sarah Palin

Mr_Magoo on June 13, 2010 at 1:22 PM

The ass kick comment just because it is so UnPresidential.

Beaglemom on June 13, 2010 at 1:38 PM

What an uncouth thing for a President to say.

hillbillyjim on June 13, 2010 at 2:08 PM

I had to go with D-Day, the continual snubbing of our history explains the disconnect but doesn’t make it acceptable.

Cindy Munford on June 13, 2010 at 3:04 PM

This is getting to hard. Ed, you should hold a vote everyday. The “lawyering up” would have won if he did not stop to find whose ass to kick.

I would suggest solve the problem first. But, what do I know.

Obama the true (do nothing effective)environmental terrorist!

EliTheBean on June 13, 2010 at 3:36 PM

Obama: “So I know who’s ass to kick…”
Lauer: “Kick some butt.”

Been humming it to myself all week.

Me, too.

Still a difficult choice with all of the idiocy this week.

Missy on June 13, 2010 at 3:38 PM

My, the OOTW is getting gooder and gooder.
Just when you thought he can’t top last week….
Unfortunately, its going worser and worser for the country.

maynila on June 13, 2010 at 6:05 PM

King Barry and Queen Michelle still seeth over the Brits for their part in slavery and colonization, and yet this is the closest America has ever come to their own Royal Family. Tres magnifique!

Mr_Magoo on June 13, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Because of the magnitude of the insult to our military veterans, both those still living and those who paid the ultimate price, I had to go with the D-Day party affront. Although, Captain Kickass was a very close second. Of course, anything in Odamna’s entire time-in-grade would qualify as close second. The man is what he wishes to kick

Crusader Rabbit on June 13, 2010 at 6:16 PM

What? No selection for not defending a former US President after entertainment has-been goofs him? Okay then…

Definitely the ‘ass’ comment.
Ian on June 13, 2010 at 10:20 AM

I’m with Ian. Any Obamerism that you can add Captain in front of is a no-brainer.

Cap-tain Kick-Ass. (What do you shine on the clouds to summon him?)

hawkdriver on June 13, 2010 at 7:56 PM

Vince on June 13, 2010 at 10:35 AM

Of course, Dear Leader forgets D-Day. It is an inconvenient truth that the USA ever did anything great before He arrived. He just remembers vague notions about the crude Americans not speaking foreign languages and offending old Europe’s sensibilities.

This third rate legislator is showing the foolishness of the entire left architecture in such high relief that all but the most obteuse of them must be catching on.

IlikedAUH2O on June 13, 2010 at 9:01 PM

The True-Type body features over 38 points of articulation.

Perfect. So the action figure can bow to every monarch in existence, just like the real thing.

There Goes The Neighborhood on June 13, 2010 at 9:03 PM

Warning: Do not go for the easy “Boy who cried ‘Wolf!’” joke here. It would be raaaaacist.

The Monster on June 13, 2010 at 11:04 PM

This is just WRONG. We need about 3 weeks in order to vote on all these gaffes.

Lawyering up could have esaily won if not for the D-Day party missed for taping a 4th of July (soon to be missed)party, which would have won if not for the “kick ass” comment.

This is totally unfair…

Few Things Considered on June 13, 2010 at 11:07 PM

These were the toughest…each one stands on its own for being the best of the worst.

right2bright on June 14, 2010 at 8:08 AM