Clyburn: Bipartisanship means you never should say “Cut taxes”

posted at 4:10 pm on June 13, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Here in Minnesota, we’re accustomed to the progressive definition of “bipartisanship.”  As my NARN radio partner Mitch Berg often points out, it usually means a Republican who supports higher taxes, spending increases, and criticizing everyone who opposes either or both.  We call those folks “Arne Carlson Republicans,” or “Democrats” for short.  Put another way, with apologies to Laura Ingraham, it’s the “shut up and spend” kind of bipartisanship.

Today, though, we can call Jim Clyburn bipartisanship:

House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-S.C.) charged Sunday that Republicans need to stop talking about cutting taxes and “look to the future with a little more compassion and bipartisanship.”

Clyburn and House Republican Conference Chairman Mike Pence (Ind.) were asked on CNN’s “State of the Union” about the three-page letter President Barack Obama sent to congressional leaders Saturday, saying that the extension of tax cuts and spending programs was critically needed to keep the economy from sliding “backwards.” …

Clyburn charged that Republicans were approaching economic recovery with “a simplistic approach.”

“Let’s stop talk about cuttting taxes, cutting taxes, cutting taxes,” he said.

Okay.  Let’s talk about debt then, instead.  Since the beginning of 2007, Democrats have controlled Congress, and in three budget years have added $1.1 trillion dollars to annual federal spending.  It’s no coincidence that the budget deficit exploded to $1.3 trillion this year.

In order to right the economy, we have to get the government to stop burying itself further in debt.  The best way to do that is to cut off Congress’ credit cards and demand a rollback of spending, at least to FY2007 levels, and preferably to FY2000 or FY2002 levels.  Clyburn, however, doesn’t want his credit card cut off.  He wants to keep charging, and he wants to stick us with the bill — and our grandchildren, and likely their grandchildren as well.  Why?  As long as Clyburn has his credit cards, he can use his power to buy votes.

It’s not about bipartisanship.  It’s all about Clyburn and his top priority … which is Clyburn.  In any case, the notion that bipartisan means “shut up” seems to be a special province of progressives across the country.  That should make Minnesotans feel better.  It should also alert midterm voters about what a continued Democratic agenda will bring — massive spending, followed by massive tax hikes.

Addendum: Clyburn is also backing away from his allegation that Alvin Greene was a Republican plant.  Now he says Greene could have been a Democratic plant as well:

“I said he was someone’s plant. And it turned up after the elections, we found out, as I said earlier, something untoward was going on.”

Clyburn said that the campaign manager of Rep. Joe Wilson (R-S.C.) was also managing the campaign of his primary opponent.

“I saw the patterns in this,” Clyburn said. “I know a Democratic pattern, I know a Republican pattern, and I saw in the Democratic primary elephant dung all over the place.

“And so I knew something was wrong in that primary,” the congressman continued. “And this result tells us that. People intentionally circumvented the law, the rules and regulations, did not file any disclosures, did not file any of their campaign finances, yet they spent hundreds of thousands of dollars running this campaign and broke every law.”

Hey. Greene didn’t do any campaigning, Rep. Clyburn.  He didn’t raise or spend money, so he didn’t have any disclosures to make.  Over 100,000 South Carolina Democrats voted for him anyway.  If a conspiracy got Greene into the race, a conspiracy of dunces handed him the nomination.

Comments

look to the future with a little more compassion

Where is the compassion in raising someone’s taxes?

Skandia Recluse on June 13, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Why is it that to Democrats, bipartisanship means: Doing what Democrats want and liking it?

originalpechanga on June 13, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Well, of course Clyburn opposes tax cuts.

They take away money for him to redistribute, and since neither he or any other members of the Congressional Black Caucus pay them, they hardly benefit from them.

northdallasthirty on June 13, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Greene got himself into the race and dunces voted for him. However, he could not be any worse than all the dunces who currently inhabit the halls of Cogress, Clyburn being top dunce among them.

Schadenfreude on June 13, 2010 at 4:15 PM

“Okay. Let’s talk about debt then, instead. Since the beginning of 2007, Democrats have controlled Congress, and in three budget years have added $1.1 trillion dollars to annual federal spending. It’s no coincidence that the budget deficit exploded to $1.3 trillion this year.”

..a mantra that should be repeated ad nauseum until all of the idiot sh!t-wits run screaming from the building.

The War Planner on June 13, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Where is the compassion in the tax collectors seizing your harvest, your livestock, and your daughter as ‘taxes owed’ to the feudal lord?

Where is the compassion in the necessity to hide your harvest, livestock and daughter from the tax collector to avoid starvation until next year’s harvest?

Skandia Recluse on June 13, 2010 at 4:17 PM

November means all the chips are on the table and they better get pushed all the way over to the right or more people in this country will be very angry than ever before.

November means back to basics, common sense and the liberty to live our lives.

Speakup on June 13, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Just FYI…Clyburn got 95% of the vote in the SC primary. His district is probably the most minority-majority district in the U.S., and those lemming voters will never, ever vote for a white person. Never. That is the reason Alvin Greene won as well.

SouthernGent on June 13, 2010 at 4:25 PM

If you want real bipartisanship, remove power from the federal government and place it in the state houses. An aggressive federalism is the quickest way back to real bipartisan solutions.

Weight of Glory on June 13, 2010 at 4:25 PM

“Since the beginning of 2007, Democrats have controlled Congress, and in three budget years have added $1.1 trillion dollars to annual federal spending.”

I see a winning political commercial in there some where…

Seven Percent Solution on June 13, 2010 at 4:26 PM

It would be interesting to see how much in federal taxes his constituents contributed last year.

CWforFreedom on June 13, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Don,t you serfs know by now what’s theirs is theirs and what little left of ours is also theirs.They need all the money to give to the poor ones that won,t work but sure as hell will vote for them.After all when you provide for their health care ,food stamps,school lunch,hew homes and cars and education it take a hell of a lot of yours and my money.So we all should just shut up because Obama and the Liberals know whats best.

thmcbb on June 13, 2010 at 4:29 PM

This tool makes Alvin Greene look like Alex Trebec.

abobo on June 13, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Maybe Clyburn can put a tax on black holes…

… That should solve the problem right there.

Seven Percent Solution on June 13, 2010 at 4:30 PM

I think Clyburn is a plant…heh

d1carter on June 13, 2010 at 4:30 PM

That simplistic approach must be to complicated for the likes of Clyburn. Thats what the problem is with these democrats, if it is the right thing to do it automatically is to simplistic.

fourdeucer on June 13, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Why is Clyburne so mad about S.C. Democrats going Greene? I thought that’s what they are pushing.

SouthernRoots on June 13, 2010 at 4:32 PM

It’s no wonder the libs thought the spitting story was true. If ever a person behaved in a manner in which he/she deserved to be spit upon, it’s this tard.

Why doesn’t he go down to the welfare office waiting room and tell them, Let’s stop talk about getting welfare, getting welfare, getting welfare…

Bet his junk ain’t big enough.

platypus on June 13, 2010 at 4:32 PM

I think Clyburn is a plant…

d1carter on June 13, 2010 at 4:30 PM

Heh. That frog-faced clown act has to be a plant. He’s not a serious person.

Jaibones on June 13, 2010 at 4:33 PM

100,000 South Carolina Democrats can’t be wrong

J_Crater on June 13, 2010 at 4:33 PM

We have finally reached the point when voters can detect a “lie” a mile away.
Greene won because he never opened his mouth. Advantage Greene.

J_Crater on June 13, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Sorry Mr Clyburn, my compassion left with the carpetbaggers. I’ll keep the bipartisan part of my wallet under lock and key.

Limerick on June 13, 2010 at 4:38 PM

and those lemming voters will never, ever vote for a white person.

Most black-Americans have voted white-candidates throughout their lives. Most white-Americans have never voted for a black-American.

I wonder if you have ever chastized any other group of “lemmings” on their racial voting-codes?

Actually, I don’t wonder. You’re obvious.

The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 4:40 PM

The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 4:40 PM

Just what does white have to do with the 1040?

Limerick on June 13, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Just because he is Greene doesn’t mean he is a plant

macncheez on June 13, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Clyburn is a potted plant

macncheez on June 13, 2010 at 4:42 PM

I love my giant neighbor across the street. Big John in the flesh. I don’t love him becasue he is black. I love him because he is a COP!

Limerick on June 13, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Clyburn for President in 2012 !!!!!!!

He really represents for his Community and what they think. How could he be worse than the Destroyer we have in the White House now?

PappyD61 on June 13, 2010 at 4:51 PM

Actually, I don’t wonder. You’re obvious.

The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 4:40 PM

Maybe you should re-read his comment, he was quite particular in pointing out one specific district.

fourdeucer on June 13, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Now he says Greene could have been a Democratic plant as well

If I were to bet, I’d bet the DNC and Clyburn (or an Acorn front group controlled by either of those two)put him up to it.

I don’t know why exactly, but Clyburn is in a gerrymandered seat (about 59/41 black) and this is the first time I can remember him having a primary challenge (he won with 90% of the vote (about 49.5k votes) not surprising BTW in that district. (Alvin is also from the 6th, hummm)

More surprising is that there were many Republicans (2 or 3 anyway) running in the 6th district Republican primary. Usually there is only token opposition from Republicans because its hopeless against Clyburn, because of the district makeup.

Now this years General (November) will probably draw tons of Republicans to the polls and possibly a depressed Democrat and minority vote which could be a perfect storm of trouble for Clyburn. What better way to draw a bunch of minority voters to the polls (specially in SC6) than a state wide election with a black candidate. Anyway that’s what I think happen. If true you won’t see Alvin dropping out or an investigation going anywhere. Let’s see LOL

whbates on June 13, 2010 at 4:58 PM

When is this clown up for reelection?

ndanielson on June 13, 2010 at 5:00 PM

Clyburn has always been a babbling fool. Clyburn won his election the same way Alvin Greene won his primary. In the 6th District there is no need to play the race card, it is a race card.

volsense on June 13, 2010 at 5:11 PM

When is this clown up for reelection?

ndanielson on June 13, 2010 at 5:00 PM

November 2010, just like every other member of the House of Representatives.

ladyingray on June 13, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Ed: I thought you were a patriot…

I’m telling Joe Biden on you…

Khun Joe on June 13, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Race Card, you don’t have the capacity to support yourself without the productive. Stay on the Copperhead plantation as long as you can.

SDN on June 13, 2010 at 5:18 PM

Hey, Clyburn… remember May 2007 when you introduced a bill demanding W start removing troops from Iraq within 90 days with the demand that all troops be out by Christmas?

It was right after you penned “Republican Deficit Society” in 2006 when you were horrified at the $300B deficit.

UPDATE for the Nonpartisan Congressorganism… the troops are still in Iraq 1.5 years into BHO’s administration… and do we really need to look at the current deficit?

mankai on June 13, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Well, of course Clyburn opposes tax cuts.

northdallasthirty on June 13, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Except that Clyburn is too stoooopid to know that, as Laffer has shown, the opposite is true. Cutting taxes when we are overtaxed actually increases revenue, giving him more money to spend buy votes.

MJBrutus on June 13, 2010 at 5:27 PM

Representative Clyburn’s attitude, “What’s mine is mine, what’s yours is negotiable”.

One of my former supervisors told me he has an ex-wife with that attitude.

AZfederalist on June 13, 2010 at 5:28 PM

originalpechanga on June 13, 2010 at 4:13 PM

my thoughts exactly….and most of the long term gop in the congress just do their bidding….

Yuck!

cmsinaz on June 13, 2010 at 5:32 PM

I’ll be as kind as possible about this.

“Out to lunch” does not quite adequately describe where this congressman is coming from.

Let me just compassionately say that while my planet is still Earth, this congressman’s planet is somewhere in the outer reaches of the Crab Nebula.

Edouard on June 13, 2010 at 5:33 PM

The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 4:40 PM

apparently you haven’t lived in my neck of the woods…you need to add ‘in my neighborhood’ if you can back that up…

cmsinaz on June 13, 2010 at 5:34 PM

When is this clown up for reelection?

ndanielson on June 13, 2010 at 5:00 PM

This year, he is a congressman! However, his district in South Carolina has been configured into a black district. He is assured re-election. I, too, would like to get to the bottom of the Greene surprise nomination. I wonder if he will still be on the ballot in November. My guess is that the Democratic Party of South Carolina will find some way to get his name removed from the ballot.

SC.Charlie on June 13, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Just what does white have to do with the 1040?

Limerick on June 13, 2010 at 4:41 PM

I don’t know what your race has to do with your taxes.

fourdeucer on June 13, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Uh-huh.

By what standard was this “specific district” identified? Judged? What sets them apart as lemmings?

I invite you to pretend that race was not the factor even though it is the only determinant detail listed. Don’t let me down.

The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Doesn’t have the brains God gave him when he was born. You South Carolinians need to do something about this moron.

ultracon on June 13, 2010 at 5:51 PM

Where do the Dems find people like this? I have ceased to be surprised as to what passes for leadership in the Democrat Party these days. I think a very smart 12 year old could perform as well as this guy.

devolvingtowardsidiocracy on June 13, 2010 at 5:58 PM

cmsinaz on June 13, 2010 at 5:34 PM

My statement was a direct response to this loveliness:

SouthernGent on June 13, 2010 at 4:25 PM

He actually alludes to race as a determinant factor in voting patterns. I simply point out that by his own standard, most whites would be considered racist lemmings.

Why do you have a dispute my statement but not his? Well, I know why. But, I’d love to hear your response. Thank you kindest of all sirs.

The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 5:59 PM

Clyburn shares the same “intelligence” level as Pelosi. The woman lives in an alternative world where all of the inhabitants are nuts.

onlineanalyst on June 13, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Easier way to say it: Bipartisanship to them means we should never have our own opinion, just always agree with theirs.

Duh. Haven’t you been listening to Obama?

UnderstandingisPower on June 13, 2010 at 6:06 PM

“look to the future with a little more compassion and bipartisanship.”

Compassion means leaving more money in the pockets of taxpayers, who can decide how they wish to spend that money–some of which will be to charities that undertake efforts that donors agree with.

I don’t want compassion from the government. I simply want all three branches–at all levels–to stand as a neutral arbiter working its collectives a**es to ensure equal opportunity for all US citizens.

BuckeyeSam on June 13, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Where I unfortunately live-IL 2-is pretty much like that.
If you’re not a ‘minority’ democrat you won’t get elected.
During the primary in February I was an election judge and to the uniformed the precinct had 3 GOP judges and 2 DEM judges…except that it didn’t. It had one GOP election judge-me-and four DEM judges, two of whom were acting as GOP judges for primary so the precinct would stay legal.
My anniversary is on November 2 and I rather not be a judge…but if I don’t work the precinct will have ZERO ‘real’ GOP judges.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 13, 2010 at 6:10 PM

Race Card:

So your point was you live in a white only area and do not get blacks on any ballot, hence no “opportunity to vote for someone black”…

The projection is rich.

Odie1941 on June 13, 2010 at 6:11 PM

Race Card:

Except for the last Presidential election….

You are an idiot.

Odie1941 on June 13, 2010 at 6:13 PM

The only thing that keeps idiots like James Clyburn in office is WHITE GUILT. This buffoon should have been cashiered years ago.

GarandFan on June 13, 2010 at 6:16 PM

***

The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 4:40 PM

Forty years after the 1960s, you cannot make that second claim.

BuckeyeSam on June 13, 2010 at 6:17 PM

I currently live in a predominantly white area in which most voters have not had the opportunity to vote for black-Americans. That doesn’t prove anything, which is my point.</blockquote>

Which is valid.

The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 5:59 PM

Which is paranoid, presumptuous, and preposterous.

anuts on June 13, 2010 at 6:19 PM

As far as I can tell, Jim Clyburn is running unopposed for re-election in the 6th C.D. of S.C., which was probably gerrymandered just for him. Although, I have no proof of that. Just a guess from looking at the map.

SlaveDog on June 13, 2010 at 6:22 PM

I just finished read JK Galbraith “The Affluent Society.”

A good read for any rational American that wants to understand people like Clyburn, Pelosi, Obama, Schumer, Durbin, etc. A window into the madness.

visions on June 13, 2010 at 6:26 PM

The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 4:40 PM

When you make up weird shit like this, and then state it as fact, do you convince yourself it’s true or is it just weird shit to prop up your race-victim world view?

I’m just curious.

Jaibones on June 13, 2010 at 6:32 PM

The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 5:59 PM

your statement appears more broad in nature, and having lived in a predominatly black county, I do know when you go to the polls the black campaigners outside the doors won’t give you the time of day and give out cheat sheets of the black candidates to vote for only to the black voters, the white campaigners gave out campaign material to everyone…that is what I saw, so his statement just rings a little more true IMHO….

cmsinaz on June 13, 2010 at 6:38 PM

A bipartisan is a ‘ratchet Republican’ who believes that government, once expanded, can never be cut down or programs eliminated. They get heart palpatations at the mere thought of questioning why the increases in government size are necessary.

They also like the term ‘moderates’.

I’ve seen quite a few of those around.

Moderate tyranny is just the same as any other sort, save the cake you are told to eat is nicer, but still unavailable.

ajacksonian on June 13, 2010 at 6:39 PM

SlaveDog on June 13, 2010 at 6:22 PM

No, Clyburn had a primary challanger (very unusal in the 6th district). He also will have a Republican to run against (there is a runoff for the Republicans) in the fall.

whbates on June 13, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Without taxes how do bums and gold diggers survive? Or politicians for that matter.

MaiDee on June 13, 2010 at 6:52 PM

cmsinaz on June 13, 2010 at 6:38 PM

LMWAO!!!

Thank you for that telling anecdote. One problem, the anecdote does not tell us what you think it does.

Anybody who previously took umbrage with my remarks care to comment on this particular reply by cmsinaz?

Please pardon any delays. I’ll be slathering my full-lips with bbq pulled pork and building a deck while the Lakers pretend to be a championship team.

I’ll be sure to check back in for laughs though, thanks Sweetums.

The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 6:59 PM

Actually, I don’t wonder. You’re obvious.

The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 4:40 PM

I have voted for black candidates.

SouthernGent on June 13, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Are we now lead to believe that cutting taxes, is racist?

Kini on June 13, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Headline: A Greene Job Comes to S. Carolina.

TXUS on June 13, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Only future I am looking forward to is when the people of South Carolina wise up and toss James Clyburn out of office!

pilamaye on June 13, 2010 at 7:10 PM

The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 6:59 PM

nice…

cmsinaz on June 13, 2010 at 7:11 PM

I couldn’t care less about that fat frog. I don’t care about his so-called ‘pioneering’ in the civil rights movement. The civil rights movement had genuine heroes, and so it would’ve succeeded without this America-hating, liberal clown. It’s high time we destroy this guy, politically, and force him back home as the disgrace to everything American that he is. He’s just as much a success story for the civil rights movement as Obama is (which he isn’t; I’m being sarcastic). I’m sick of cowards that won’t call him a fat, stupid liar for his disgraceful smears against the Tea Party, and I’m sick of Republicans that tolerate his presence, and actually work with him. As I believe Governor Christie said, the Republicans that are being elected aren’t being sent to Washington and state houses to work with people and play fair. They’re there to get the Peoples’ will done, and socialism and confiscatory taxation is not the will of the People. Stop working with Clyburn and his slimy ilk, and just destroy them by doing the right things.

Virus-X on June 13, 2010 at 7:24 PM

Under South Carolina state law, primary candidates have to file an initial ethics disclosure form within 10 days of filing, and then the periodic forms detailing campaign donations and expenses – even if there were none. In Greene’s case, he didn’t file any of the required Ethics Commission disclosure forms.
`
Clyburn is just an idiot. He was a schoolteacher at the time of a racial shooting in the state which resulted in a “Civil Rights Commissioner” being named, which was him. He had no particular qualifications, but it was okay because there were no real duties, either, and he was able to suck off the taxpayers until legislative Republicans conspired with black Democrats to create a “safe” minority district gerrymandered along I-95. He’s held it ever since with 65% of the vote, which is about the black majority. He’s risen in the House through seniority, protected by his color – they dare not skip over him just because he’s an idiot, or the CBC would go on the warpath.

Adjoran on June 13, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Is there ever any good news?

fossten on June 13, 2010 at 8:00 PM

“Compassion” = shut up and give me your money.

profitsbeard on June 13, 2010 at 8:06 PM

The fact that he’s permitted be a waste of our life-supporting atmosphere, the world must be very compassionate to permit this completely ignorant tool to take even one more breathe.

CC

CapedConservative on June 13, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Hell, Clyburn is Greene, forty or so years later.

Rational Thought on June 13, 2010 at 8:14 PM

2008 all over again?

jdkchem on June 13, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Actually, I don’t wonder. You’re obvious.

The Race Card on June 13, 2010 at 4:40 PM

You just do not understand conservatives. If a candidate is conservative — small government, low taxes, pro-business, individual freedom, Constitution-abiding, etc. — he/she gets the conservative vote. We aren’t hung up on the race of our candidates; we’re all about the ideology. Voting on the color of one’s skin rather than the content of his character is the democrats’ game.

Rational Thought on June 13, 2010 at 8:18 PM

lets be honest..most democrats of any race would vote for hitler as long as he had a D after his name…

right4life on June 13, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Clyburn(D) was bought by Hillary, is quick to play the race card, condemned Greene as a “plant”. Clyburn(D) is a clown and is now demonstrating he has the mental capacity of a plant.

DANEgerus on June 13, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Yet another worthless clown who will improve the overall quality of the gene pool when he leaves it.

Midas on June 13, 2010 at 8:50 PM

Clyburn is not even a useful idiot. He’s just an idiot.

PJ Emeritus on June 13, 2010 at 8:53 PM

Too many Republicans have fallen for this ruse. As I often say, the RINOS version of achievement is to pass bills in which we rush toward the socialist wall at 70MPH instead of the 100MPH that the Democrats wanted.

Turn the freaking car around fool…

maninthemiddle on June 13, 2010 at 9:05 PM

After Alvin Greene loses to Demint, I hope he moves into idiot Clyburn’s district and runs against HIM.

notagool on June 13, 2010 at 9:07 PM

Clyburn is Exhibit A of the kind of unmitigated fool one gets when districts are gerrymandered to be majority minority or any other method of virtually guaranteeing one-party rule.

ya2daup on June 13, 2010 at 9:11 PM

Congressman Clyburn,

Why don’t YOU show some bipartisanship to Congressman Darrel Issa and demand an investigation into whether felony laws were broken when the white house offered a job to Sestak & Romanoff? Let’s stop the stonewalling, stonewalling, stonewalling….

TN Mom on June 13, 2010 at 9:23 PM

Is a black man holding the position of Majority Whip racist? Or would that only be the case if he was the Minority Whip? We need clarification on these important issues in Obama’s post-racial America. Do ya think Chris matthews could give me the proper answer?

walkingboss on June 13, 2010 at 9:36 PM

whbates on June 13, 2010 at 6:46 PM

My bad. Thanks for the correction.

SlaveDog on June 13, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Bipartisanship is more about voting to support the new Class system of Privileged, Collectors, and Serfs.

The Privileged are the unions, politicians, greens, attorneys and other left wing groups…

The Collectors are those with incomes above $250,000. They are used to collect the life energy (money) from the Serfs to support the Privileged’s way of life.

The Serfs are the private sector worker bees. The Privileged pretend to toss the Serfs a few goodies (like free health care) after the Privileged have sucked most the life energy from what the Collectors have provided them.
======

It’s a perfect system when counting votes, not so good when counting life energy and money…

drfredc on June 13, 2010 at 11:31 PM

“If a conspiracy got Greene into the race, a conspiracy of dunces handed him the nomination.”

Wowser. Good student. Greene took a page right out of Obama’s play book.

locomotivebreath1901 on June 13, 2010 at 11:33 PM

I’ll just leave this here:

A “Senator Alvin Greene” could not possibly be worse than “Congressman Jim Clyburn”.

Gawd, what an idiot.

Spiny Norman on June 14, 2010 at 1:05 AM

According to the NY Times Caucus blog:

“Dustin Olsen, Mr. Wilson’s campaign manager, has said that his only client is Mr. Wilson.”

Clyburn=fool.

Nichevo on June 14, 2010 at 1:40 AM

“Let’s stop talk about cuttting taxes, cutting taxes, cutting taxes,”

OK.

“Let’s stop talk about cuttting spending, cutting spending, cutting spending,”

moochy on June 14, 2010 at 3:52 AM

Note that Clyburn is the very same guy who (literally) sneared at Americans claiming we were “racists” who didn’t support the Stimulus debt-spending. Oh, and we were/are “racists” if we didn’t support the so-named ‘health care legislation’.

Clyburn never explains things behind or past such insults. Apparently, to Clyburn, everything being done in the U.S. Congress is being waged FOR some special race and being opposed by the others.

Lourdes on June 14, 2010 at 5:15 AM

So, essentially, Clyburn is just ranting about wanting more welfare. He seems to think that refusing more welfare is “racist” and that we, Americans, taxpayers, are somehow obligated to become slaves to increased debt to fund his ideas of the deserving, and, the deserving are not the taxpayers.

Lourdes on June 14, 2010 at 5:16 AM

Clyburn is not even a useful idiot. He’s just an idiot.

PJ Emeritus on June 13, 2010 at 8:53 PM

Yes, but voted for by other idiots. I continue to be startled by voters who cast support for the Clyburns, Obamas, Pelosis, Reids, Kerrys and others like them. I mean, they get elected, people are voting for them, it’s a crying shame that they are.

Lourdes on June 14, 2010 at 5:18 AM

Clyburn: An elected politician who needs to be returned to private life as soon as possible.

itzWicks on June 14, 2010 at 9:15 AM

Rep. Clyburn, must take another civics course and realize the amount of wealth a person has does not make them a member of one political party over another.

A person chooses their political party as part of their own value system.

MSGTAS on June 14, 2010 at 9:20 AM

Bipartisanship to the democrats means the Rs play ball the dems way. The Rs bend over and the Ds shove the bat up the Rs’ a.., well, you get the picture.

It’s about time the Rs decided to treat the Ds to the same game.

belad on June 14, 2010 at 7:56 PM