Video: Homeless man informs Chris Christie that he’s awesome

posted at 7:25 pm on June 11, 2010 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate, via Cubachi, evidently even the “I’ve been victimized by heartless Rethuglicans” narrative is powerless before CC’s right-wing kung fu. Kudos to this poor guy for standing by his principles at a moment when the welfare state must seem awfully tempting.

It seems like Christie’s been giving an awful lot of town halls lately, doesn’t it? If only there was some cheap, effective way for him to address national conservatives regularly.

Comments

Thanks, AP! That gives me some hope.

Mary in LA on June 11, 2010 at 7:27 PM

Scooter would have missed him if he is homeless…

d1carter on June 11, 2010 at 7:28 PM

CC’s right-wing kung fu

Deadly, AP, deadly.

BobMbx on June 11, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Ca we arrange an exchange program for homeless people? I’d trade any of our dirty L.A. bums for this guy.

Ampersand on June 11, 2010 at 7:29 PM

I heart Christie.

LASue on June 11, 2010 at 7:30 PM

I want to kiss that fat bastard. Right on the lips!

Ampersand on June 11, 2010 at 7:31 PM

When he said, “I am currently homeless. I live in a van…”

Admit it. I’m not the only one who was waiting for, “…down by the river.” to follow.

anuts on June 11, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Dude!!!

I hope someone in that audience could help him out with a job!

Lance Murdock on June 11, 2010 at 7:36 PM

I am not an employer, but I’d give that guy a job in a heartbeat.

BetseyRoss on June 11, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Compare that Scooter Jolley with these union goons…

… Which America do you want to live in?

Seven Percent Solution on June 11, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Did you hear the lead-in voice over? The lady says that the audience “seems” to approve of his cap on property taxes. Gee, what gave it away? The applause? The “cap” part of being taxed? Good grief.

Weight of Glory on June 11, 2010 at 7:40 PM

I’m thinking Peggy whatsherface (mortgage, gas, etc.) would never say the same thing. Bless that man’s heart. I wish him the best.

txag92 on June 11, 2010 at 7:41 PM

Yestery Christie got his first campaign promise almost complete. He’s got legislation through the Senate to elimaite COAH: the council on affordable housing. COAH has been a big fight for many of us in Jersey. I won’t get into the whole story, but here’s a news article to his big win:

Vincenzo on June 11, 2010 at 7:42 PM

God bless that man. I hope his fortunes change for the better sooner rather than later.

What this country really needs, right now, is a Christie-type in the Oval Office, and a Fiscally Conservative Congress to back his play.

itzWicks on June 11, 2010 at 7:45 PM

I really hope I get the chance to vote for this man someday!

tetriskid on June 11, 2010 at 7:45 PM

I’m sure someone will offer him a job in the next 24 hours. I would if he wasn’t 3000 miles away.

bagoh20 on June 11, 2010 at 7:46 PM

that was great, thx AP.

it’s ok if CC resists FB, I do to.

ted c on June 11, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Wait for the media to swift though his trash and find stuff like, he truly isn’t homeless because he lives in a van. Or, having a writer driving up and parking his van next door to get a story.

Electrongod on June 11, 2010 at 7:47 PM

I’m guessing that communicating with anybody outside of New Jersey is pretty low on his priority list at the moment.

Man, I wish we could clone him and send a copy to California.

sandberg on June 11, 2010 at 7:48 PM

That guy was more articulate than everybody at CNN and MSLSD.

And while I regret his current circumstances, I think his prospects are brighter than the above mentioned useful idiots.

ontherocks on June 11, 2010 at 7:49 PM

First of all, I bless that homeless man. He is looking beyond self-interest, to principle. I think and pray that there is a richly rewarding future for him. Trust in the Lord, my friend, and He will rescue you out of a deep pit.

It does seem that Christie is meeting with folks a lot. In fact, he’s making up for the Crats who have gone into hiding. This is going to pay rich dividends with independents whose greatest problem is being manipulated by the leftwing media filter.

IF the Pubs had any brains at all, they would indeed begin to showcase Christie on the national stage. He could give the weekly rebuttal. They could do some Fed-State initiative to show the people that Pub congressmen are concerned about local issues, and give him a prominent spot.

That, however, is if they have any brains…

paul1149 on June 11, 2010 at 7:50 PM

The homeless guy is right. Driving up the cost of real estate taxes also increases how much a person pays for rent.
He may have an income level that is low enough that he can’t afford a rental because of that factor. Disproving the myth that somehow increasing taxes on others is beneficial to the poor.

iceman1960 on June 11, 2010 at 7:50 PM

I think you hit the nail on the head. YouTube provides exactly that and, as a benefit, more people would see it than might see it on CNN or PMSNBC.

CC

CapedConservative on June 11, 2010 at 7:52 PM

I got a feeling that guy won’t be homeless long unless he wants to be.

Mojave Mark on June 11, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Even knowing he may meet vocal resistance from the unions, he continues to get out in from of the people and address the critics head on. Yet, the Donkeys refused to hold town-hall meetings on health care “reform” (unless they could cherry-pick the audience) for fear of the critics.

Of the two above, one is clearly fit to lead, and the other… not so much. Unfortunately, we have the later in the White House.

Neo-con Artist on June 11, 2010 at 7:52 PM

When he said, “I am currently homeless. I live in a van…”

anuts on June 11, 2010 at 7:33 PM

The Chris Farley character had a job as a Motivational Speaker. There is hope for this guy!

MCGIRV on June 11, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Man, I wish we could clone him and send a copy to California the Whitehouse.

sandberg on June 11, 2010 at 7:48 PM

FIFY

LEBA on June 11, 2010 at 7:56 PM

Thanks AP. First some good memories and now looking to a great future–President Bush/Governor Christie.

dragondrop on June 11, 2010 at 7:57 PM

Sad how a well spoken guy is in a bad position right now.

RobCon on June 11, 2010 at 7:58 PM

Talk about real,genuine HOPE!!!

canopfor on June 11, 2010 at 7:58 PM

An obvious plant! Come on, we all know that the homeless are filled with rage at Republicans for hoarding all of the money. They want redistribution!
Please don’t shatter the meme so carefully crafted by our betters in the MSM.

Sugar Land on June 11, 2010 at 7:59 PM

When Christie gets the time to come to Texas, he will be made an Honorary Texan by legislative resolution, no question about it. He can ride with us any time, the best thing we can say about a man.

TXUS on June 11, 2010 at 8:03 PM

iceman1960 on June 11, 2010 at 7:50 PM

I dont think it was just about housing. He gave cred to the whole economic concept of CC’.

the_nile on June 11, 2010 at 8:04 PM

May God bless this man and get him into a home of his own again soon!

Go Christie!!

tickleddragon on June 11, 2010 at 8:04 PM

CC’s right-wing kung fu

Fat Man = Kung Fu Panda?

bluemarlin on June 11, 2010 at 8:04 PM

TXUS on June 11, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Agree 100%! I deal with a lot of people that live in NJ/NYC/CT and most in my field I would let come here as well. They love this guy as much as we do! To the screaming liberals I deal with up there, thankfully few in my trade, I tell them once you get rid of the cancer can`t let it back in, stay where you are.

bluemarlin on June 11, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Man, I wish we could clone him and send a copy to California all 57 states and DC as well.

sandberg on June 11, 2010 at 7:48 PM

FIFY

ted c on June 11, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Scooter Jolly.

There’s a man, period. Lots of us have been down, and self-respect is hard. America has traditionally been the place where you could take another shot at it, even if you have nobody to back you up. Hang in, young brother.

If your life has never left you without a net, you need to get down on your knees in gratitude. This could happen to you, and your true character will be revealed in how you deal with it.

warbaby on June 11, 2010 at 8:14 PM

This man is a true American! Hats off to him and prayers he will get back on his feet soon. I have a feeling his fortune is about to change. Someone that well spoken and determined to fight (not take a handout) will dig out of the hole they are in and find happiness.

truetexan on June 11, 2010 at 8:15 PM

That almost made me cry. Wow.

Bee on June 11, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Electrongod on June 11, 2010 at 7:47 PM

He is definielty ripe for some “Joe the Plumber” treatment

cableguy615 on June 11, 2010 at 8:29 PM

Wow- now Scooter is the kind of guy I want to help out. I suspect he won’t be homeless for long.

ramrants on June 11, 2010 at 8:38 PM

He is the anti-Henrietta Hughes, whining to Obama for a “free” home.

Bicyea on June 11, 2010 at 8:58 PM

it’s ok if CC resists FB, I do to.

ted c on June 11, 2010 at 7:47 PM

You’re not on Facebook?

Lanceman on June 11, 2010 at 8:58 PM

I disagree. I mean, if he wants to take this to the internets, that’s great. But I’d hate to see him stop talking to people face to face just so he can get some national political capital.

Jewels on June 11, 2010 at 8:59 PM

Like a regular state of the union address.

DFCtomm on June 11, 2010 at 9:12 PM

God bless Scooter Jolley!
A homeless man who isn’t whining for a gub’mint handout–Amazing!

As for Christie, doesn’t it go without saying that he is teh awesome?!

Jenfidel on June 11, 2010 at 9:17 PM

How do we get Christie to run for President? He would clean Obama’s clock.

UncleZeb on June 11, 2010 at 9:57 PM

Oh, and saying that Obama has a clock is not racist.

UncleZeb on June 11, 2010 at 9:57 PM

I said clock so don’t go there.

UncleZeb on June 11, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Besides Christie being awesome, per usual, this guy is the definition of moral integrity, Rand style.

If there were employers in the audience, I bet he got a person or two walking up afterward asking what he did.

Good Lt on June 11, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Wow. Don’t see that every day.

Jim-Rose on June 11, 2010 at 11:06 PM

Hey, I know that guy.
We went to different schools together.

Kini on June 12, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Hmmmm.

As a guy living in New Jersey I’ve got to admit on the one hand I’m pretty pleased so far.

On the other hand this is New Jersey. I’m waiting for someone to unmask Christie as a transgender killer sex robot from Andromeda galaxy.

Or worse yet an Establishment Republican.

memomachine on June 12, 2010 at 12:29 AM

He is the anti-Henrietta Hughes, whining to Obama for a “free” home.

Bicyea on June 11, 2010 at 8:58 PM

…or this woman, the one who first came to mind by way of contrasting Mr. Jolley to the typical Obama-drone.

Captain Scarlet on June 12, 2010 at 6:20 AM

This just in: Scooter has a Facebook page with the following link to his blog, cleverly titled The Homeless Advisor (Kind of like “The Playboy Advisor” minus the sex and a roof).

This guy’s for real.

Surely some HotAir reader or one affiliated with some benevolent organizations on the East Coast may be able to help him get on his feet and under a roof.

Captain Scarlet on June 12, 2010 at 6:28 AM

It’s great when the homeless don’t buy the Democratic line. I sometimes talk to the homeless kids near where I live. (There’s a bridge near the library I go to and under that bridge is a homeless kid sleeping spot.) Often, they claim to be anarchists and I try to make the case that small-government conservatism is closer to anarchy than what the Democrats have to offer. About half get my point.

thuja on June 12, 2010 at 8:52 AM

Daddy, are making people homeless? Oh, by the way Daddy have you plugged the hole yet Daddy?

MSGTAS on June 12, 2010 at 9:47 AM

He’s just a Rethuglican plant! Diebold! Bushitler! Ack!

Neo on June 12, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Weight of Glory on June 11, 2010 at 7:40 PM

My first impression of that voiceover was, how catty!

I hope this video goes viral. And I hope this guy gets a job real soon.

Mommynator on June 12, 2010 at 10:44 AM

WofG and Mommynator: did you also pick up on the phrase “so-called” to describe Christie’s tool-kit? One hears that phrase a lot when one gets one’s new from one of those television machines.

friendlygrizzly on June 13, 2010 at 8:03 AM