Video: Cthulhu awakens on Facebook to terrorize the left

posted at 5:26 pm on June 11, 2010 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate, a short trip down memory lane. Watching this, it seems like such a perfectly natural thing for a pol to do that I’m amazed more of them don’t do it. Obama has his weekly YouTube address, of course, and the GOP has its weekly rebuttal, but you’d think up-and-comers — Palin especially — would have full-blown YouTube fee-vah given how much more intimate a video address feels than a Facebook post. A two-minute address from Bobby Jindal each week updating America on what’s been done to protect the coastline from the spill and what’s still needed would be a costless way to raise his profile and turn up the heat on the feds. I suspect GWB’s started a trend here.

It’s good to see him under such mellow circumstances, but I confess: The green screen’s weirding me out a little.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Quoting a joke of a “news service” (McLatchy) won’t help you make your case here.

Del Dolemonte on June 11, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Are you denying that he was a prolifigate spender? The bills add up over the course of 8 years. LNCB, Medicare Prescription Drug Bill, the 2002 Agriculture Bill… No one put a gun to his head, forcing him to authorize these bills.

Pitchforker on June 11, 2010 at 6:18 PM

Yeah I can already see the stress on Obama of all those vacations, parties and concerts he has to attend.

sandee on June 11, 2010 at 6:17 PM

He’s already going gray at the temples. I bet the guy hardly sleeps at night. He knows he’s in way over his head. All that wild, feverish amusement is just a drug to keep the abject terror at bay.

Mary in LA on June 11, 2010 at 6:19 PM

Hell no. McCain doesn’t like conservatives. Why should I have voted for someone who holds visible contempt for me? And don’t give me the lesser of two evils lecture.

Pitchforker on June 11, 2010 at 6:13 PM

..o.k., I won’t, but I will have to take back my apology. I guess I should really read your responses carefully. And welcome back into the 52%, p-f-er.

You are clearly the lesser of two evils.

The War Planner on June 11, 2010 at 6:20 PM

I was proud to call him my president. I miss him, you betcha. I felt safe with him in office. The present occupant–not so much.

Sounds like GWB has some good things going with his institute, especially the part about education for women in the Middle East. I seriously doubt the Muslim clergy will like all those women reading…and getting ideas….

theotherone on June 11, 2010 at 6:21 PM

TEXAS is The Promised Land along with most of the South and West.
Down here we pro-nounce the word.
UMMM-BULL ain’t no H in it.
Miss W every day.

Col.John Wm. Reed on June 11, 2010 at 6:21 PM

Pitchforker on June 11, 2010 at 6:13 PM

so either 1. you didn’t vote, 2. you voted for the “O” or 3. you voted thrid party. Either way you lost all the way around.

upinak on June 11, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Seeing that face made me smile. :)

ThePrez on June 11, 2010 at 6:24 PM

You’re right ,theotherone, I just realized when W was President I did feel safe. I also remember waking up every day and cringing when the news came on. I wondered what new hit piece they were going to do on Bush , and they never disappointed. I don’t know how he remained so proud of his Country with the constant bombardment he took each and every day. Hopefully Obama will get some of that same”treatment.”

sandee on June 11, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Pitchforker on June 11, 2010 at 6:18 PM

Your little graphic says this:
Doesn’t include entitlements like Social Security,Medicare and Medicaid.

Oops.
Including entitlements–which are the lion’s share of the American governmental budget–would tell us alot more and also that Bush’s expenditures weren’t all that bad.

Also, there’s no real breakdown of figures, just a graphic.

Jenfidel on June 11, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Are you denying that he was a prolifigate spender?
Pitchforker on June 11, 2010 at 6:18 PM

Compared to Clinton and obviously Obama in the last year. He was tame.

But you need to answer my question(s).

upinak on June 11, 2010 at 6:26 PM

…but you’d think up-and-comers — Palin especially — would have full-blown YouTube fee-vah given how much more intimate a video address feels than a Facebook post.

OMG, I agree with AP! This would be very Reaganesque of any up and coming candidate.

publiuspen on June 11, 2010 at 6:26 PM

upinak on June 11, 2010 at 6:24 PM

I would have cut off an appendage before I pulled the lever for the Big O. I wanted to vote Chuck Baldwin but he wasn’t on the state ballot. I ended giving my protest vote to Bob Barr of all people. I don’t even like Bob Barr or the LP.

Pitchforker on June 11, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Pitchforker on June 11, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Yep… the other percentage who was “mad” at how everything in his life turned out and voted 3rd party because he was brain washed and is not p.o. even more.

Maybe you should take that anger and used it for something other then picking someone who obviously won’t go anywhere.

upinak on June 11, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Pitchforker, by pulling the lever for Bob Barr you did vote for Obama…

sandee on June 11, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Your little graphic says this:
Doesn’t include entitlements like Social Security,Medicare and Medicaid.

Oops.

Also, there’s no real breakdown of figures, just a graphic.

Jenfidel on June 11, 2010 at 6:25 PM

That breakdown is discretionary spending as opposed to mandatory spending which you outlined. Mandatory spending, such as SS and Medicare is fixed in that our reps have very little to no budget maneuverability in dealing with it.

Pitchforker on June 11, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Oops—Remember that this point in ‘91 01 WJC was still the rock star of the Dhimmicrats.

Archimedes on June 11, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Nice fix…
And I agree with the general sediment of the original post. I’ve used similar arguments many times to whack some lefty doin the Bush Lied, People Died Dance. That one’s almost like the Pee-Pee Dance, only they’re not holding the wiener to keep from peeing… It’s more like an S&M fixation with those types.

RalphyBoy on June 11, 2010 at 6:32 PM

It’ll be interesting to see if the aging effect will apply as well to the first woman POTUS. I suspect very strongly that it will. How could it not?

Mary in LA on June 11, 2010 at 6:17 PM

I say we give Sarah a try… My guess is… just as awsome as ever at the end of 8 years. Maybe even better!

RalphyBoy on June 11, 2010 at 6:36 PM

upinak on June 11, 2010 at 6:28 PM

I’d say 1 out 5 every republicans went AWOL in the 2008 election. That accounted for the large spread on election night. Obama probably would have won by a smaller margin on the account that his campaign possessed the tangible energy and was recruting outside the traditional parameters of the electorate.

There was a deep sense of betrayal among conservatives, especially after the Maverick in Name Only voted for TARP.
Call it revenge of the battered spouse. Conservatives had been subjected to the comprehensive immigration fiasco and this was the final straw from the GOP establishment. Though from what we heard a few months ago from Paulson, McCain was supposedly very resistant to his and Bush’s overtures. Bush and Paulson privately told McCain that a large percentage of the federal funds would go towards rectifying the mortgage crisis, which we know to this day is still unresolved.

Pitchforker on June 11, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Mary in LA on June 11, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Yeah, Sarah may get some gray hair, but she won’t end up looking like an old hag like Hillary. And Hillary hasn’t done anything. If you think being a senator from NY or being the Sec. of State is “doing” something, more power to you.

Mirimichi on June 11, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Excuse me. 1 out of every 5 republicans. :)

Pitchforker on June 11, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Sometimes we forget just how corrupt the reps in congress were. Without President Bush running for reelection, we would have removed them from office four years earlier. Given how toxic things were then, I am amazed at how successful he was.

flackcatcher on June 11, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Pitchforker on June 11, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Entitlement spending isn’t “mandatory.”

And there’s plenty our reps can do to deal with it as we watch them defund Medicare and vote even more funding for SCHIPS, Medicaid, unemployment, etc.

You’re whipping up on Bush, but giving Congress, who has the nation’s checkbook, a pass???

Jenfidel on June 11, 2010 at 6:44 PM

Wow-he still thinks that America is a leader in freedom, opportunity and hope-what about the U.S. apologizing and doing penance for imperialism disguised as leadership? Where the heck’s he been for the last year and a half?

A prime candidate for a WU political re-education center if I ever saw one!

Dr. ZhivBlago on June 11, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Mr. President, it is great to see you are doing well out there in God’s Country! I, for one, am glad you have decided to stay in touch with us and I look forward to hearing from you again soon. And, I am eagerly anticipating the release of your forthcoming book.

Hey all you Bush Haters out there….I am taking bets that the lame stream media is going to say Bush is too dumb to write a book and question the authorship before the book’s release date. Of course, we continue to hear the crickets chirping as we wait for the response to Jack Cashill’s excellent debunking of Obama’s authorship of his two autobiographies presented at americanthinker.com.

devolvingtowardsidiocracy on June 11, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Bush “ballooned” government (Examples?)–what about Obama and Clinton?
As to ballooning “private sector regulation,” I thought Bush’s problem was that he didn’t regulate the private sector enough!
Make up your mind, Lefty!

Jenfidel on June 11, 2010 at 6:07 PM

LoL. Wow, you reached for a red herring quicker than I imagined!

Hint: If I say “Bush sucked on domestic policy” it doesn’t somehow make Obama or Clinton good.

I’m amused that you think I’m a lefty because I’m not a Bushbot. Lefties dislike Bush because of what they imagine he did (like the fables about deregulation). I dislike Bush because of the things he actually did (like Amnesty, Bailouts, and No Child).

Lehosh on June 11, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Good to see President Bush…

… I truly miss him.

Seven Percent Solution on June 11, 2010 at 6:48 PM

is that an subtle message to Paul McCartney, the only brit dude that Obama likes.

ted c on June 11, 2010 at 6:49 PM

He spent way too much money as president and I wish he had defended himself more, but I really like him. He is so obviously such a good, decent man. Hats off to ya, W. Welcome to cyberspace!

(And I’d like to see Palin do video addresses, too)

NoLeftTurn on June 11, 2010 at 6:50 PM

upinak on June 11, 2010 at 6:28 PM

..he swings..and it’s a long, high drive..it’s going..going..going..gone..out of here, fans, and there’s nothing left but a vapor trail!

Touch ‘em all, upinak!

The War Planner on June 11, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Nothin’ a good hairdresser can not fix.Hold the botox it rattles brains.Clairol a “Little Dab Will Do Ya”.
Still missin’ Dubyah

Col.John Wm. Reed on June 11, 2010 at 6:53 PM

Mirimichi on June 11, 2010 at 6:37 PM

I think it is possible to “do something” in either of those offices, but I think Hillary only milked the former office for money and used the latter to help screw up the country even more (“overcharge button”?).

At this point in her life, she has the looks she deserves.

Mary in LA on June 11, 2010 at 6:53 PM

Lehosh on June 11, 2010 at 6:48 PM

I love Bush because of what he actually did: Partial Birth Abortion Ban, the tax cuts, the appointments of Alito and Roberts.
His immigration reform act wasn’t amnesty.
As for TARP, he didn’t want to do it, but Bernanke and Geithner assured him that he had to, to keep the credit markets from completely freezing so Bush did it for the country.

NCLB I’ll give you, but given his other domestic accomplishments, plus what he achieved in the WOT and around the globe for our defense and security, I’ll happily defend him.

Jenfidel on June 11, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Lehosh on June 11, 2010 at 6:48 PM

BTW, the deregulation thing was your fable, not mine!

And when the Feds use a heavy hand in regulating the private sector, as NObama is doing now, it is Leftism, if not Fascism and/or Socialism.

Jenfidel on June 11, 2010 at 6:58 PM

President Bush loves this country and did his best to defend it while in office.
President Obama hates this country and is doing his best to destroy it while in office.

Q.E.D.

Mary in LA on June 11, 2010 at 7:00 PM

How dare you.

blatantblue on June 11, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Pitchforker on June 11, 2010 at 6:13 PM

The reasoning is as follows:

McCain doesn’t like conservatives so my action will advance that cause which is downright antithetical to conservatism. A refutation of this would only include demonstrating that the other choice (Obama) was more conservative than McCain.

anuts on June 11, 2010 at 7:08 PM

VOTED FOR BUSH TWICE UNFORTUNATELY. I WAS FOOLED WISE.

Pitchforker on June 11, 2010 at 6:10 PM

FIFY. Just think we could have had President Gore or President Kerry.

redridinghood on June 11, 2010 at 7:09 PM

TEXAS is The Promised Land along with most of the South and West.Down here we pro-nounce the word UMMM-BULL ain’t no H in it.

Col.John Wm. Reed on June 11, 2010 at 6:21 PM

Hmmm. I thought Humble was pronounced Kingwood in Texas. ;-)

leilani on June 11, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Pitchforker on June 11, 2010 at 6:18 PM

He was a complete piker compared to the d!psh!t currently in the WH. Who has TRIPLED Bush’s 8 year deficit in a year and a half.

But keep beating that dead horse, seriously, I swear I saw it twitch, moron.

PJ Emeritus on June 11, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Excuse me?

cthulhu on June 11, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Hmmm. I thought Humble was pronounced Kingwood in Texas. ;-)

leilani on June 11, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Ha! I’ve got family in Humble and every time I’m around them I make a point to say, “OO-ston” instead of “Houston.” For the sake of consistency, of course.

anuts on June 11, 2010 at 7:14 PM

I miss Bush, I am not ashamed to say it. I hope a lot of the people who whined and moaned for years that he was not good enough for them..stop and think about the fact that Bush never apologized for this country and you never had to wonder whose side he was on.

Terrye on June 11, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Excuse me?

cthulhu on June 11, 2010 at 7:13

PM

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn!” Oops, sorry, O Master of R’lyeh, did we wake you? Sorry, sorry, sorry… please don’t eat us! We’re very high in cholesterol and trans-fatty acids, you’d have heartburn for centuries!
[backs away slowly, runs like hell]

Mary in LA on June 11, 2010 at 7:21 PM

Is it just me, or does he look like he really aged over the last year and a half?

JohnGalt23 on June 11, 2010 at 7:23 PM

VOTED FOR BUSH TWICE UNFORTUNATELY. I WAS FOOLED WISE.

Pitchforker on June 11, 2010 at 6:10 PM

There are some people who will never be happy with anyone. Never. They will work shoulder to shoulder with the Democrats to undermine any Republican that comes along because as far as they are concerned, they all suck. It would not matter if the President was Palin or Bush or McCain…whoever. It could be Lugar or DeMint… any or all of them would be deficient, accused of betrayals or some sin that rendered them apostates. And I think that a lot of these people helped Obama get elected. They can complain about Obama today, but they had no problem whining about his only real opposition and doing everything they could to undermine the Republican president.

Hope you are pleased with yourself…

Terrye on June 11, 2010 at 7:24 PM

JohnGalt23 on June 11, 2010 at 7:23 PM

He has lost weight, that is for sure.

Terrye on June 11, 2010 at 7:25 PM

I think part of the reason why “up-and-comers” like Palin have yet to fully embrace Youtube addresses as an integral part of their messaging is because its much more convenient for someone like Palin to quickly fire off Facebook posts in response to developing situations and events than to go through all the rigmarole of preparing a Youtube address. Besides why bother with youtube when she has her FNC gig that pays her to do pretty much the same thing.

Also in regard to Palin one of the most consistent attacks that the left try to use against her that she is some sort of ditzy idiot who gets by on her looks and is incapable of being intellectually rigorous. The focus on the face book posts by Palin seems to me to be a way of neutralizing that claim. It forces people to focus on the substance of what she is saying and her reasons for formulating a particular opinion, whilst at the same time removing all the superficial stuff that the left and the media would undoubtedly focus on (in an attempt to drown out her message or divert attention away from it) if she delivered the same address over a medium like Youtube. (I.e. has Sarah Palin had cosmetic surgery, her hair looks bad, She’s got something written on her hand ect.)

Hellrider on June 11, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Freedom, peace and prosperity. Home and abroad.

That’s what a real president talks about!

Miss you, GWB.
God Bless.

JRDFLA on June 11, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Bush should send a copy of his upcoming book to Paul McCartney. Paul, the high school student, might learn something about books and libraries from someone with degrees from Yale and Harvard.

George is lovable.

Mojave Mark on June 11, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Gosh darn… I miss GW and all his quirkiness lots.

Illinidiva on June 11, 2010 at 7:59 PM

I miss this man! I miss the class he brought to the Presidency, and continues to do so in retirement – holding firm to the tradition of not bad mouthing a sitting Pres. Respect he did not get from Carter. I miss Cheney too!

truetexan on June 11, 2010 at 8:09 PM

rob verdi on June 11, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Col.John Wm. Reed on June 11, 2010 at 6:21 PM

Down here we pro-nounce the word.
UMMM-BULL ain’t no H in it.

When I spent some time working in Texas, I used to rankle people from Humble by dropping my h’s in common words.

Unfortunately, I was residing in a blue county swimming in a sea of red.

ynot4tony2 on June 11, 2010 at 8:11 PM

A link to the Facebook page would have been nice for those of us who would like to continue to follow him. Too many fake George W, Bushes over there.

PJ Emeritus on June 11, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Allahpundit on June 11, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Had to show the McCartney dumbass he knows what one is

PJ Emeritus on June 11, 2010 at 8:44 PM

No, he isn’t.
If Bush is responsible for anything, it’s the fact that the economy’s done OK even under the massive onslaught of the ObamaNation due to the Bush tax cuts and the war is still going well due to the foundation for victory that Bush laid with the military.
As for the bad stuff, that’s all Barack’s.

Love ya, Dubya!

Jenfidel on June 11, 2010 at 5:37 PM

Wow, partisan blindness.

True_King on June 11, 2010 at 9:09 PM

JohnGalt23 on June 11, 2010 at 7:23 PM
Terrye on June 11, 2010 at 7:25 PM

He doesn’t look so good, no, I’m sorry to say…God bless him!
It must be killing him to see what Maobama’s doing to the country and it must take all the prayer and patience he has to not say anything to correct the course we’re on because I truly believes he loves this country, the American people and our military–unlike Comrade Urkel.

Everyone, remember his birthday is July 6, 2 days after Independence Day!
Please post birthday wishes on his FB page on his special day!

Jenfidel on June 11, 2010 at 9:11 PM

Wow, partisan blindness.

True_King on June 11, 2010 at 9:09 PM

Nope!
Patriotic recognition.

Jenfidel on June 11, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Wow, I see a few more sleeper cells from the last HA registration period have been activated. Major cleanup needed.

I’d say 1 out 5 every republicans went AWOL in the 2008 election.

Pitchforker on June 11, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Much higher than that.

Del Dolemonte on June 11, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Colloborating with the late Ted Kennedy on education reform? Say what?

Pitchforker on June 11, 2010 at 6:09 PM

President Bush campaigned on his strengths as a reformer, and promised a major bi-partisan ed reform bill.
Delivered, too. Subsequently, congress underfunded it, and Kennedy walked away from his own bill, leaving the left to emplace the narrative that Bush didn’t care about education.

You were asked this…

..why does one get the impression that, because of your anger over Bush, voted for Obama out of spite, O Mr Fifty-Two-Percenter?

The War Planner on June 11, 2010 at 6:08 PM

You answered with this…

VOTED FOR BUSH TWICE UNFORTUNATELY. I WAS FOOLED.

That’s not what was meant. Go back and read the original post again. Repeat as necessary, till you get it.
Pitchforker on June 11, 2010 at 6:10 PM

massrighty on June 11, 2010 at 9:22 PM

You answered with this…

VOTED FOR BUSH TWICE UNFORTUNATELY. I WAS FOOLED.

Pitchforker on June 11, 2010 at 6:10 PM

massrighty on June 11, 2010 at 9:23 PM

George is lovable.

Mojave Mark on June 11, 2010 at 7:51 PM

And W is married to a librarian.

Del Dolemonte on June 11, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Excuse me?

cthulhu on June 11, 2010 at 7:13 PM

*snort!*

massrighty on June 11, 2010 at 9:30 PM

I like President Bush but I disagreed with him on a few things, including amnesty. I loved President Reagan, I disagreed with him on amnesty.

Cindy Munford on June 11, 2010 at 9:42 PM

Laura Bush has more class than the entire left could buy,bribe or rig and she does so with ease.
What drove the left nuts was W and Laura are real people who can actually go outside and meet folks who like them or at least respect them.W even cooks out and eats at the table with the folks.Knows the names of the people around him and cares about how they and their families are.Had a Texas Ranger affirm to me that he would take a slug in the heartbeat for the man and was so impressed that W knew his daughters names and schools.Real folks are nice to know,good to see W back on the screen,lookin’good.
Still have my framed Christmas cards from The White House proudly on the book shelf.

Col.John Wm. Reed on June 11, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Phnglui mglwnafh Cthulhu Rlyeh wgahnagl Ftagn!

Ftagn!

Nafl Ftagn!

Fnord.

ajacksonian on June 11, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Thank God for that man on 9/12. You might disagree with his border policy or spending policy, but if Obama had been in office on 9/12, I don’t think our country would have survived the aftermath.

gordo on June 11, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Poor Bush looks like he’s just been released from a prison camp. Good grief he aged rapidly over a decade.

ddrintn on June 11, 2010 at 11:43 PM

The danger with that is overexposure. Even Obama limits his appearances, especially press conferences. It sure whets the appetite of the press and keeps them in line so they can maintain what access they have.

I don’t think we can say if this is good for Palin in the long term, but she’s doing great at the moment.

JimC on June 12, 2010 at 12:02 AM

These people who want to blast President Bush over spending REFUSE to even consider that things would have been very, very different had not 9/11 happened. And 9/11 would probably not have happened if Slick Willy hadn’t happened and not damaged our intelligence agencies. And Obama is destroying our intelligence agencies in the same way.

It is going to take us decades to recover from Obama. And Ron Paul is next to the last person we need in the White House . . . right before Obama. Ron Paul = nut case.

Voter from WA State on June 12, 2010 at 12:12 AM

The problem is that Bush continued many of Slick Willie’s disastrous policies, along with trailblazing his own mistakes. Bush continued Clinton’s lax home lending regs so as to increase home ownership and make his administration more appealing to the common man. He also did little to rein in derivatives, limit the leverage of these gluttonous investment banks instead of expanding them, and actually hiring a director of the SEC who was serious about fulfilling his job description.

Secondly, regarding the ill-advised mission into Iraq, the U.S. had a more legitimate claim to invade Saudi Arabia, but due to certain “business relationships”, that was off the table. 15 of the 19 9/11 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, the number one terrorist state in the world I might add. Dubya should have sent sorties into Riyad instead of dumping Shock and Awe onto Baghdad. But who cares about details ? Right?

Pitchforker on June 12, 2010 at 12:33 AM

Hmmmm.

Personally I’m a conservative, not a Republican. So there is no absolute requirement for me to vote for anybody with an “r” after their name.

You Republicans want me to vote Republican? Present to me a candidate that I can accept. Push twits like McCain and all you’ll see is me not voting for your candidate.

Don’t like it? Then cry for me those sweet sweet tears.

memomachine on June 12, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Wrong!
Bush tried to enact Fannie/Freddie Mac reform.
Invested Democrats Frank and Dodd saw that this went nowhere.
The Bush Administration, in point of fact, increased regulation of home loans.
If anyone is to “blame” for encouraging the ownership society (which I think was a good thing, in spite of the problems), it’s Greenspan and his keeping interest rates low.
That plus the Bush tax cuts made home ownership, plus increased prosperity and productivity possible.
Many more benefitted than were harmed.

IOW, Bush wasn’t a Fascist like Obama and actually knew the proper limits of the presidency: that the U.S. President doesn’t ride herd on private free market capitalism.

All hell would have broken loose had we invaded S.A.
You are an idiot.

Pitchforker on June 12, 2010 at 12:33 AM

Their citizenship didn’t determine the target–their allegiance to jihadi Islam and Al Queda did.
And AQ was based in Afghanistan under the Taliban.
President Bush and Congress did it right.

Jenfidel on June 12, 2010 at 12:42 AM

Hmmmm.

Don’t like it? Then cry for me those sweet sweet tears.

memomachine on June 12, 2010 at 12:39 AM

I can identify with your sentiments. I bleed conservatism. Barry Goldwater, Russell Kirk, Edmund Burke. The GOP has veered so far off the original design, it’s frightening. Everyone should check out Karl Marx’s 10 Planks of the
Communist Manifesto, and examine how many of them have been near seamlessly implemented in this country, thanks to many republican politicians.

10 planks of the Communist Manifesto
1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
3. Abolition of all right of inheritance.
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
5. Centralisation of credit in the hands of the State, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly.
6. Centralisation of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State.
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State; the bringing into cultivation of waste-lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
8. Equal liability of all to labour. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equitable distribution of the population over the country.
10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children’s factory labour in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production.[8]

Pitchforker on June 12, 2010 at 12:45 AM

At least Bush loved America and understood the sacrifices this country has made to advance human freedom and democracy. He didn’t feel the need to apologize to anyone and he had no reason to.

TonyR on June 12, 2010 at 1:34 AM

I miss President Bush enormously. Every single day.

You cannot imagine what its like to be sitting here in a combat zone and seeing pictures of Barack Obama at the top of my chain of command. On every wall in every building.

It comes down to a single word: leadership. Setting aside all the tired old policy arguments I see recycled above, the reality is that Bush was a leader; Obama is not.

I didn’t always agree with where Bush wanted to lead. But he led. Obama has never led anyone or anything to anywhere. I can forgive his misguided politics and policies; but I cannot forgive a leader who does not lead or even attempt to lead.

Even if I agree with every single thing Obama believes, he would be a failure of epic proportions – because he fails to inspire. He fails to lead.

I miss George Bush so very much. I wish every day that I could see his picture up on that wall. For all his faults and mistakes, he never stopped trying to lead.

I love the guy.

Professor Blather on June 12, 2010 at 2:56 AM

@ Lehosh and Pitchforker

I’ll grant Bush wasn’t perfect or even a great president, but haven’t you two learned anything from the last 17 months? Sometimes when offered bad and worst you need to suck it up and take bad (which is why I voted for McCain, that and Palin). Bush did some things I didn’t like, wake up kiddies, every president is going to. To fault him because he was good and not perfect is a huge mistake. I really wish we could have a merely good president now, heck as noted I’d be happy to have a bad president right now.

Anyhow, enough maturity lesson, you can resume your infantile rantings and ravings.

Professor Blather on June 12, 2010 at 2:56 AM

I’d have proudly served my country under any president, but I have to say that I am so happy I got to do it under Bush. I agree, it was really nice to walk into any building and see the picture of a real leader on the wall.

jarodea on June 12, 2010 at 4:08 AM

The cold chill I felt in Nov 2006 was nothing compared to the ice bath I took in Nov 2008. I dreadfully counted down the days until Mr GW was to head back home. I knew it was all downhill from there… we had turned down a dark corner in history.

WAS I WRONG?? No, my instincts were right, and now look at the impostor and Muslim/Mexi sucker we have in DC now.

leftnomore on June 12, 2010 at 5:14 AM

For all his faults, George W. Bush indeed loves America and Texas. A shame his affections preferred the “peaceful” advancement of the New World Order: open (no) borders, illegal alien amnesty vs. rule of law enforcement, and the establishment of Marxist DHS bureaucracy and authoritarian autocracy making the Sec.of Teasury beholden to NO ONE, leaving Goldman Sachs in charge of our nation’s Treasury as well as our economy.

So Bush exercised the self control to not be the abuser of power? Yes and no. He established the federal Marxist means for any opportunist to abuse us all.

But since we like his personality, for his “compassion” to “win the hearts and minds of the enemy” he gets our affection.

I gave Bush my support during his administrations because he was by far the better man to serve our nation compared to Kerry and Gore. Of course he got my votes. But I knew that the kind of war he and Rumsfeld began in Iraq spelled exactly what happened. That doesn’t mean that civilians have a reason to not support our military ordered into battle. Once our military engages, REMEMBER THE FALLACY OF VIETNAM ERA “PEACEFUL ANTIWAR DEMONSTRATIONS” and support those dear young adults sent into hell to protect us — we are America.

But when Bush endorsed and created DHS, any who have read 1984 knew what that meant. Communication between the FBI and CIA still has its glaring glitches, anyway. DHS did not “solve” any problem; rather, Bush created Moloch.

Bush’s grotesque augmentation of federal socialist powers has proven that NO MORE BUREAUCRACY will benefit Liberty. But rather, holding all government officials responsible to upholding all the laws they’ve already enacted, law enforcement, is what is required.

I am sorry that Bush did not fulfill my expectations, but not surprised. All politicians are corrupt, even the “nice” ones.

I do like George W. Bush’s personality. And I am sorry to see that he’s probably suffered a stroke. I wish him well, and hope that he recuperates with as much physical strength as I know he possesses spiritually. He did what he thought was best. It’s just too bad that he and his father represent the Republican Party as the insider neoconservative party rather than a Constitutional Conservative party. Don’t forget that Bush called the early conservative activists vigilantes and agreed with the neoconservative slurs that citizens who want our borders defended are racists.

maverick muse on June 12, 2010 at 9:13 AM

Daddy, He’ssss Baaaaack.

MSGTAS on June 12, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Not perfect… like the One (ass that he is), but an American President who I am proud to have supported when he was right, and defend when he was unjustly attacked for political purposes. And yet one with whom I disagreed at times… Even strongly on a few things… God love em. I’d take him back in a second over the current Baboonish Orator residing in the WH.

RalphyBoy on June 11, 2010 at 5:53 PM

The only thing I can add is that I felt my son’s life in the military was of VALUE, that he paid attention and knew that whatever policies he made would affect the actual lives (and deaths) of our brave military, all of them.

Mommynator on June 12, 2010 at 10:34 AM

The boring clod who filled in for Rush this week (tried to listen but could only take so much) kept reminding us, condescendingly, not to let the perfect be the enemy of the good. Good is a relative term, however. Would McCain have been “good” compared to Obama? Yes, and that’s why I held my nose and voted for him. But he would have slowed the train heading to statism junction, not halted it or changed course. Romney will do the same. They are big government Republicans. They believe power belongs to government, not to the people. That belief helped create Obama and puts us where we are today. I don’t want just a slower train to eventual serfdom. I refuse to believe it’s the best we can hope for. I still believe in the American ideal our founders embraced. Small government having limited power with the bulk of the power staying with the people locally. That’s not an outmoded ideal. It’s just been buried under years of progressive thought and government expansion. Now it seems we are being told that, whoever the Republican nominee is for 2012, we have to support them or we are the dastardly scum giving the country to Obama for another four years. All I can say to those folks is…pound sand.
Government is not my daddy and I don’t care if you carry an (R) or a (D) around your neck. Show me your conservatism (without the “compassionate” sticker) or shove it. Never again.

SKYFOX on June 12, 2010 at 10:49 AM

Here is your choice.

Partisan on June 12, 2010 at 12:04 PM

Here is your choice. Veto spending and deny the men you sent into combat the supplies they need. Approve spending and the men you sent into combat get the supplies they need.

BTW, get ready to play this game next year with Comrade Oblahblah. I fully expect him to hold funding for the Wars hostage to his domestic spending orgy.

Partisan on June 12, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Yes, I miss him. I knew he had the country’s best interest at heart.

Obama? I watch with horror and a feeling of doom at how he is presiding. Not a leader for sure.

Rose4S on June 12, 2010 at 9:07 PM

sandee on June 11, 2010 at 6:17 PM

I think he’s just putting a brave face, but my general impression is that he’s not much in control ever since the spill started…and he is showing it more and more! Of course he gets a lot of help and counsel, but himself, Mr Cool, simply was caught off guard, completely unprepared, pants down, didn’t even have any talking point ready to throw at the masses, nor the Clintonesque ‘I-feel-your-pain’ theatrical skills…and the result was that he looked inept through all this mess, he simply didn’t know what to do and couldn’t hide it well either…and keep in mind that the greens and conservationists gave him a complete pass…tet he failed to convince anybody that he was/is in control…

jimver on June 13, 2010 at 1:27 AM

Ok, I can see Bush as Cthulu. Fits perfectly with Obama as The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young. Crawford and Washington surrounded by hundred-mile swaths of curious desolation. Dubious politicians croak their obscure visions in lost and unutterable tongues. Aesthetes in California and New York dream troubled dreams of militias dressed in uniforms of clashing colors….

Aii! Aiiii!!!

Venusian Visitor on June 13, 2010 at 1:40 AM

How about

he was responsible for sending more deserving scum to allah than anybody ever

he has effected and may cause reformation in the middle east where lefties said it couldn’t be done

now that it done it’s he did a terrible job of it

I love Georgie and it’s because he knew he was in charge and he didn’t fall for an easy solution even if it would have been easier on him, u like our current punk

I hope we find another who is as good at heart

Sonosam on June 13, 2010 at 11:20 AM