Obama on the spill: “I can’t suck it up with a straw”

posted at 6:00 pm on June 11, 2010 by Allahpundit

Via WaPo, a week that began with a stupid soundbite ends with an even stupider one. Skip ahead to 3:00 for presidential oratorical glory. This really is the new meme among his supporters, believe it or not, per the fact that the video below comes from the White House itself: Not only shouldn’t our global messiah be expected to plug the damn hole — he’s not Superman, people! — but evidently he shouldn’t be expected to find out if there’s any containment boom sitting in a warehouse somewhere waiting to be used either. What he’s supposed to do, apparently, is go around reminding people why he’s really not to blame. I’ll say this for him: He’s awfully good at that, at least.

The latest upgraded estimate: As much as 2.1 million gallons of oil could be leaking each day for a possible grand total thus far of 100 million gallons in the gulf. Exxon Valdez was 11 million gallons; the worst spill in history, the Ixtoc rig in Mexico, was 140 million (over 10 months). Three more weeks and we’re there.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

OK, so like waaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic, but this is just beyond Bizzarro-World. I jusgotta share this,

Zionism in ……..Peru?

Who knew?

Archimedes on June 12, 2010 at 7:15 PM

correction:

collapesed= collapsed

WWII= WWIII

must preview more often.

tigerlily on June 12, 2010 at 7:39 PM

An extension of my earlier remarks re posting here is mental masturbation: we should also mentally masturbate by sending pithy remarks to the White House at .

I’ve sent so many that usually start out “Hey A$$hole…” that I think there are black suburbans on the road. I know that posting at either will make no difference but it is a way of venting….and my bride of many decades appreciate me venting on this site, and there.

Dingbat63 on June 12, 2010 at 8:16 PM

There’s the link.

Dingbat63 on June 12, 2010 at 8:17 PM

What a horrible, impudent excuse for a man….In other words, there is nothing he can do about it….Why is he president?

theaddora on June 12, 2010 at 8:53 PM

You just can’t fix stupid!

ice princess on June 12, 2010 at 9:14 PM

I know one thing he can suck once the media is done servicing him.

chicagoray on June 12, 2010 at 10:31 PM

“I can’t suck it up with a straw.”

What about enlisting all those suckas who voted for you?

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on June 13, 2010 at 12:08 AM

Hand him a straw, man.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on June 13, 2010 at 12:15 AM

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on June 13, 2010 at 12:08 AM

Too funny!

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on June 13, 2010 at 12:15 AM

Bush could have sucked it up with a straw.

J.E. Dyer on June 13, 2010 at 12:42 AM

J.E. Dyer, that sounds like a Chuck Norris joke. Bush has certainly grown in stature since saboteur-hour has taken over the country.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on June 13, 2010 at 12:49 AM

Does Obama really think the American people expect him to be cleaning up the oil spill by himself?

Mr. President your Community Leader 101 training should have mentioned the word delegate.

F15Mech on June 13, 2010 at 2:44 AM

Jeeezuscrys it’s the end of the world and we’ve got Urkel lording over us. I know enough college grads to know that they could give a shid about our Social Contract or Constitutional Rights. They are careerists and possess nothing more in ethical terms. We have the same clever, semi-legal, shifty, folk that made this country great. It’s that outlaw spirit that makes this experiment work. There has to be a gray area where liberty thrives.
A gray area where Nancy Pelosi has no sway. That is liberty. The right to fuc# up. The right to be wrong. The right do what I want. DO WHAT I WANT. WHAT I want. I will go down trying. Live Free….or die.

ronsfi on June 13, 2010 at 5:11 AM

Obama on the spill: “I can’t suck it up with a straw

ya2daup on June 13, 2010 at 7:58 AM

On June 8, 2008 OILbama gave a speech marking the end of the Democratic primaries and he his win. In the speech he said about his victory:

“…then I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this …this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow“.

He is proclaiming that just because of his winning the Democratic primaries his seemingly near-Biblical victory alone will be the moment the oceans stop rising.
If OILbama can stop the oceans from rising, can`t he do something simple in comparison and stop the oil from flowing?

albill on June 13, 2010 at 8:17 AM

I cant believe that the left hasn’t solved the problem yet -since they firmly believe that government can solve all things.(When it isn’;t busy lowering the seas.)

The solution: Tax it -tax the oil. We all know that the way to get less of anything ins to tax it, so tax it. If it keeps coming you have four good things happen.

1: You put the conservative tax theory to rest.
2. You get ooodles of bucks to pay off all your special interest cronies and maybe even a few dozen trillion left over for the deficit.
3: Since you’ve now found a harmless way to raise money, you will then open up deep water drilling (to get those big tax bucks -like from smoking and booze)and the vnation will forever be indebted to the Democrats for solcving the energy shortage.
4. Since we no longer will need mid-east oil the radical Jihadists won’t have a source of income anymore.

Don L on June 13, 2010 at 8:44 AM

While Obama
(OILbama is a cute new term, as NObama was gettin’ sorta tired…)
tries to portray himself with this remark as “merely one guy,” he is also sending out messages of “look at those hypocritical tea partiers asking me to do something!”

These remarks are not contradictoryonly if the intended, consistent message is,
“Give me more power; only if I get enough power will I change as I see fit.”

Umm…gee: based on this moron’s track record (of the last 18 months alone!…much more than that he won’t release for public viewing…),
I think we can heartily say, “hell no!” to that idea.

Lockstein13 on June 13, 2010 at 8:48 AM

Let this message spread…

Keemo on June 13, 2010 at 9:17 AM

“I can’t suck it up with a straw”

Well, at lease, try to

J_Crater on June 13, 2010 at 9:59 AM

Well… He can’t suck it with a straw… so he sucks at straw sucking…. let’s face it dude… YOU SUCK PERIOD!

CynicalOptimist on June 13, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Anyone remember all those photos of Obama during the campaign with his chin up in the air and halos around his head…. some in the media called him God…. they believed he could part the red sea…… so why can’t he suck up some oil? Has he lost his omnipotence?

afotia on June 13, 2010 at 2:57 PM

He sounds like he’s responding to his wife griping at him about something. This man cannot lead, he cannot exude the qualities of leadership—he cannot give us a sense of confidence that he has control over this situation. What do we expect him to do? Well, actually, let me tell you champ—and your little beer ponging TOTUS fillers there in the WH. Put your sorry asses down in a chair in front of guys with callouses on their hands that have big ideas and have some righteous skull sessions on what’s going on. That’s what the boys at NASA did when Apollo 13 shiite the bed on the way to the moon—they worked the issue–Gary Sinise’s character in that movie put his melon to work and found a plan—that’s what you need, and you need to simultaneously demonstrate a grasp of 24/7 ops—combat ops—a tactical operations center, fullup. Rally the American people and don’t be jacking around griping about your full diaper, it’s time to pull on some big boy pants and get this done, work the issue or the only hole plugging that’s going to be done is your pie hole and your going to find your ass out on the street with a bruise on your ass the size of an American foot.

do ya dig?

ted c on June 13, 2010 at 3:02 PM

Pinnochio the fraud falsified an experts report and basically signed their names to a cover page they did not approve. Be sure to read the comments after especially the part where the drilling contract was awarded to BP a foreign company rather than Halliburton an American company who had suggested 21 safety measures and BP implemented 6. Why? Campaign contributions to the Liar in Chief?

Will Pinnochio be allowed to use this to organize the American People to allow a nationalizing of the Oil Industry?

dhunter on June 13, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Anyone up for mailing straws to the White House?

Mary in LA on June 13, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Is there a protest movement forming against BP? I’m surprised how little damage they’ve suffered as far as PR (or otherwise) goes. Have their corporate rivals taken any shots.
Of course the task at hand is getting things cleaned up, but where is the fury from the masses?

PunditFight on June 14, 2010 at 3:43 AM

Obama on the spill: “I can’t suck it up with a straw…..(so I’ll stage really cool photo ops that make me look good, or at least not as bad as I should)

olesparkie on June 14, 2010 at 4:01 AM

I think tigerlily is on to something.

We do need to hammer Obama with this disaster night and day.

An investigation into his refusal of help could hang this Albatross around his neck.

But has willful negligence historically been a high crime or misdemeanor?

scotash on June 14, 2010 at 4:12 AM

Because after all he’s only a “Blowhard”!

TrickyDick on June 14, 2010 at 8:19 AM

Did not Hannity show that oil can be removed from salt water using straw?

mechkiller_k on June 14, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Obama can suck the bolts off a submarines’ hull.

Coronagold on June 14, 2010 at 9:26 AM

Can you shoot lightening bolts out your arse? William Wallace could.

CynicalOptimist on June 14, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Barry is definitely a ‘dish it out but can’t take it’ kind of a guy. Sucking it up is nowhere to be found in his Repertoire.

Enkidu on June 14, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Hope those two options weren’t dear leader’s original plan for stopping the oil from reaching shore. There are many other options available.

The woman sitting next to him looks like she’d rather be out on the beach picking up tar balls instead of being there listening to ‘the one’.

Kissmygrits on June 15, 2010 at 9:08 AM

Why don’t you stick that big head of yours Ostupid and plug the hole!

NRA Lifer on June 15, 2010 at 10:32 AM