Quotes of the day

posted at 10:30 pm on June 10, 2010 by Allahpundit

The 12 million people who unlawfully reside the country? Call them “illegal immigrants,” not “undocumented workers,” the pollsters say.

Strip out the empathy, too. Democrats used to offer immigrants “an earned path to citizenship” so hardworking people trying to support their families could “come out of the shadows.” To voters, that sounded like a gift, the operatives concluded.

Now, Democrats emphasize that it’s “unacceptable” to allow 12 million people to live in America illegally and that the government must “require” them to register and “get right with the law.” That means three things: “Obey our laws, learn our language and pay our taxes” — or face deportation…

“When [voters] hear ‘undocumented worker,’ they hear a liberal euphemism, it sounds to them like liberal code,” said Drew Westen, a political consultant who has helped Sharry hone the message through dial testing. “I am often joking with leaders of progressive organizations and members of Congress, ‘If the language appears fine to you, it is probably best not to use it. You are an activist, and by definition, you are out of the mainstream.’”

***
1. Jesus was an immigrant. While Jesus was just a small child, Joseph and Mary were forced to flee from Palestine to Egypt because of the genocidal decree issued by Herod. He spent many years in Egypt, and his family returned to Palestine after Herod died. When God deigned to put on humanity, it was in the cultural dressings of an illegal immigrant. Not only is God not far from those on the margins of society, he himself was on the margins of society in the person of Jesus.

2. All humans are created in the image of God. Jesus exhibited an incredible ability to cut through the prejudices of society. He loved the people that no one else seemed to be able to love. Paul said the gospel tears down every dividing wall that keeps people at odds with one another, whether racial, social, gender, or economic.

3. Ancient Israel was meant to be a place hospitable to the alien, sojourner, and immigrant. After Israel entered Palestine, God commanded them to care for immigrants and wanderers, because that’s what they themselves had been for so many years (Ex. 23:9; Lev. 19:33-34).

4. We are all immigrants and sojourners in the world. As Christians, our primary allegiance is to God and to God’s kingdom. We are first and foremost citizens of heaven. Oftentimes immigrants understand this intuitively because they are outside the dominant power culture in the country to which they come. White Christians living in the suburbs of America (like myself) are wise to recognize this implicit advantage immigrants have in living as though they are aliens and sojourners in the world.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Have fun with the flame war kiddos.

Inanemergencydial on June 10, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Fine. I’ll stand watch on the border and the Christians can hate me for keeping the illegals out.

Bishop on June 10, 2010 at 10:36 PM

No wonder islam is winning.

SouthernGent on June 10, 2010 at 10:40 PM

OK, if the Christians (the social justice communist type) are going to venture into unknown territory and use Ex. and Lev. how about using the passages that talk about those who broke the law (Torah) who were thrown out of the camp. They had consequences back then too…

It’s nice to pick and choose, twist and distort when it all fits into their nice little package.

katy on June 10, 2010 at 10:40 PM

They’re basically just reviving the Bush plan. I don’t think it’ll go over any better the second time around.

RBMN on June 10, 2010 at 10:40 PM

God also COMMANDED Thou shall not murder yet that has not stopped Obowma and the democrat party from allowing the murdering of children by abortion. God also commanded thou shall not steal and yet Obowma and the democrat party steals…err redistribites wealth to those who refuse to work.

Talk about taking God’s word out of context. This group of false teachers will be judged for their lies of allowing ILLEGAL ALIENS TO BREAK American law.

dthorny on June 10, 2010 at 10:43 PM

1, disagree that Jesus was an illegal. 2, Jesus would probably tell the illegal to ‘sin no more’. 3, the US is the most hospitable place around, if you come legaly. 4, again nothing to do with illegals.

God is not anti-law.

AnotherOpinion on June 10, 2010 at 10:43 PM

The 12 million people who unlawfully reside the country?

12 million…?

…. Try 40-50 million.

And I have a solution to the problem…

1) Secure the borders.

2) All illegal aliens have to register as Republicans. (Since the Democrats cry themselves to sleep over ‘human rights’, this shouldn’t be an issue.)

and…

3) Not a single $0.01 of money given to the Church by illegal immigrants can go to paying off legal settlements for pedophile and abuse law suits.

Since this is all just about human dignity and justice…

… I don’t see anyone having a problem with any of these terms.

Oh, wait!

Seven Percent Solution on June 10, 2010 at 10:43 PM

God is also a God of Order and Law. Taking care of the illegals doesn’t mean disobey the law. Nor does it mean give them welfare. We should give charity, but we should also obey the law.
Obedience is greater that sacrifice. To say otherwise is twisting the words of the Bible.

Conservative Voice on June 10, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Yes Christianity is all about filling up you country with illegal foreigners who are f*cking over all the folks trying to enter legally. Long live the corn cob God and his son Jebus.

BL@KBIRD on June 10, 2010 at 10:44 PM

oops, than sacrifice, not that sacrifice…

Conservative Voice on June 10, 2010 at 10:44 PM

So can I go live in Cabo and have the mehican government pay for me, my family, my parents , my in-laws because I have five kids from six different fathers/mothers and I don’t have any job skills and don’t speak mehican ?

macncheez on June 10, 2010 at 10:46 PM

These “Christians” are having fun twisting Scripture like a pretzel. Really shameless.

conservative pilgrim on June 10, 2010 at 10:46 PM

America first or there will be no America.

Tav on June 10, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Liberalism in the Christian church is as dangerous as liberalism in the government, schools, and society.

“Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s” -Jesus Christ ,Matthew 22:21

Follow the laws of the land.

portlandon on June 10, 2010 at 10:47 PM

We are first and foremost citizens of heaven.

I don’t think I have ever heard anything more inane in my life.

Tav on June 10, 2010 at 10:48 PM

How is it that these filthy liberals can invoke God when it suits their purpose?

Lanceman on June 10, 2010 at 10:48 PM

Some of those points are out of left field, but I think the linked piece on Evangelicals was actually a fairly diverse wrestling with the problem and implications. For example, this thought (I think from a Mark Roberts)-

“2. The United States of America is neither a church nor a Christian nation in the sense that it is to fulfill the calling of the church of Jesus Christ. The values, priorities, and activities of the country may rightly differ from those of the church and the individual Christian. If someone steals my car, as a Christian, I am called to forgive that person. The government’s job is not to forgive, but rather to arrest, prosecute, and incarcerate that person.”

cs89 on June 10, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Bishop on June 10, 2010 at 10:36 PM

These people are not Christians, they are the modern day equivalent of the Pharasees masquerading as Christians just as Obowma claims to be. The bible says “you will know them by their actions” and based on that truth, these people are liars. As for Obowma, the bible states “I will bless those who bless Israel, and I will curse those who curse Israel” and we see that coming true, nor just with Obowma, but with America as well for electing him.

As a born again Christian, I’ll be on the border with you.

dthorny on June 10, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Call them “illegal immigrants,” not “undocumented workers,” the pollsters say.

No, call them what they are. “Illegal invaders“.

atxcowgirl on June 10, 2010 at 10:53 PM

They’ll choke on the pits of all this crazy cherrypicking.

Sheer suicidal stupidity.

THIS is why theocrats need to be kept away from worldly POWER.

It slways tempts their megalomaniacal impulses.

The Ayatollah Syndrome.

profitsbeard on June 10, 2010 at 10:54 PM

“Give unto Caesar what is Caesar’s…”

hillbillyjim on June 10, 2010 at 10:55 PM

Skimming the article from Pathos that is supposed to discuss “evangelicals” and immigration reform, I didn’t see much responsible handling of the Bible. There’s a lot of top down eisegesis going on as they read their ideas into the text.

It’s always very tiresome and frustrating to read articles like that. Those who are chosen to comment are chosen for a reason–to slant the playing field and give the appearance that they are representative of evangelical Christians in America–which they are not.

In fact, the adjective evangelical has rapidly lost its meaning. Liberal word games is typical.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

INC on June 10, 2010 at 11:01 PM

Lanceman on June 10, 2010 at 10:48 PM

For them, it’s easy. They have created “a god” (deliberate lower case) in their own image. But God will not be mocked and they will reap what they have sown.

Bishop on June 10, 2010 at 10:36 PM

As a born again Christian, I’ll be on the border with you.

dthorny on June 10, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Ditto, that. I’ll be the blonde standing next to you.

GrannyDee on June 10, 2010 at 11:02 PM

This is “social justice” run amok in the churches…from which Glenn Beck said to run!
And so say I, also.

The Bible teaches us to obey the laws of the land we live in.

And as strong a Christian as I am, I feel the need to remind others that we don’t live in a theocracy.
Neither should our churches delve into secular public policy.
There’s too much focus on the public square and not near enough attention being paid her to individual spiritual salvation and growth.

Jenfidel on June 10, 2010 at 11:03 PM

I don’t remember who on here said it, but it bears repeating.

“Illegal is not a race. It’s a crime.”

Period.

tickleddragon on June 10, 2010 at 11:04 PM

Follow the laws of the land.

Well said.

Paul Revere_1 on June 10, 2010 at 11:04 PM

sorry….can’t comment now, no time. Gotta get to church and pick up some friends so we can get down to the border and guard against ILLEGL ALIEN entries……

Vntnrse on June 10, 2010 at 11:06 PM

Somebody needs to remind those “Christians” that they’re perfectly free to go to Mexico and help as many people as they want. Or do they think Jesus would prefer “immigrants” break our laws and leech off our tax dollars?

clearbluesky on June 10, 2010 at 11:07 PM

Bishop on June 10, 2010 at 10:36 PM

I’ll be with you and a lot of other Christians I know.

Dire Straits on June 10, 2010 at 11:09 PM

If only Sam Kinnison were still around, he would be having a field day with this.

“Where does it say in the Bible to take people’s money and build a waterpark…where do they get this shiite?”

Bishop on June 10, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Second look at atheism?

agmartin on June 10, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Follow the laws of the land.

portlandon on June 10, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Exactly. End of debate.

John the Libertarian on June 10, 2010 at 11:12 PM

I’ll be with you and a lot of other Christians I know.
Dire Straits on June 10, 2010 at 11:09 PM

I’ll bring pork ribs, homemade sourbread dough, a dutch oven, and some powerful binoculars. You bring the frisbee, a keg and a banjo.

Bishop on June 10, 2010 at 11:13 PM

Way too many people who call themselves Christians have drunk the liberal kool-aid. I’m betting that most of these illegal alien worshipers are also pro-choice (pro-abortion).

docdave on June 10, 2010 at 11:15 PM

What about the Mexican government?

Aren’t they Christians, with both the religious duty and the legal duty – to take care of their own people?

How did they get off the hook, and we get on it?

Rebar on June 10, 2010 at 11:15 PM

I was taught, and use to believe, this same social justice theology through 12 years of Catholic education in a parish a stone’s throw from the San Ysidro border crossing in San Diego during the 50s and 60s.

Then I somewhere along the road I descended into sin and stopped believing it.

Gang-of-One on June 10, 2010 at 11:15 PM

I’m not sure how it’s “compassionate” to allow Mexicans to come here illegally because middle class Christians need a servant class to take care of their kids and mow their lawns for below minimum wage.

I’m not sure how it’s Christian to allow Mexico to continue to be a corrupt and screwed-up third-world country by letting them jettison their social problems up to America.

29Victor on June 10, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Bishop on June 10, 2010 at 11:13 PM

The Keg and the frisbee are no problem but I suggest that we trade the banjo for some personal protection.

Dire Straits on June 10, 2010 at 11:18 PM

a liberal Christian is an atheist in sheep’s clothing

Dhuka on June 10, 2010 at 11:20 PM

What about the Mexican government?

How did they get off the hook, and we get on it?

Rebar on June 10, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Good point. I think the first thing Mexico should do is build a 100 Home Depot’s with big parking lots.:)

Dire Straits on June 10, 2010 at 11:22 PM

these so-called ‘christian leaders’ disgust me. they can go to hell as far as I am concerned. more proof we are living in laodicea….

Land is an ass.

right4life on June 10, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Dire Straits on June 10, 2010 at 11:18 PM

What? If we get Narutoboy out there playing a banjo there is no way any Mexicans will attempt to cross the border. Would you try if you saw such a thing?

Bishop on June 10, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Bishop on June 10, 2010 at 11:24 PM

LOL

Dire Straits on June 10, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Bishop on June 10, 2010 at 11:24 PM

ROFL!
That made my night! ;-)

Jenfidel on June 10, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Dire Straits on June 10, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Hilarious!

Gang-of-One on June 10, 2010 at 11:28 PM

Dire Straits on June 10, 2010 at 11:18 PM

I’ll bet Jed Clampett could pick a banjer, shoot the wings off a flea, whittle, and eat pork ribs at the same time.

hillbillyjim on June 10, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Dire Straits on June 10, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Heh…

TXMomof3 on June 10, 2010 at 11:29 PM

First: Egypt (where our Lord spent a few years of his childhood), and Galilee (where our Lord was counted as subject, as Joseph, His legal father was native there, and only in Judea with Mary due to the census) were provinces of the Roman Empire. Judea, though an ethnocracy under Herod the Great at the time of our Lord’s birth, was itself also under the ultimate rule of Rome, its kingship being granted by Caesar Augustus, and the census being administered in its borders by the Roman governor of neighboring Syria (Quirinius). Thus our Lord and the Holy Family crossed no international boundaries in their flight from Judea to Egypt, nor in their return to the Galilee.

Secondly, at the time of our Lord’s birth there was no such place as ‘Palestine’. The place was known, both in ethnarchy and later as a province, as Judea. The name ‘Palestine’ came later, as a consequence of the Jewish Wars.

One does wish folks would bother with history a bit more than they do. Obviously this is either a case of ignorance, or of foolish men counting on the ignorance of others.

Scribbler on June 10, 2010 at 11:29 PM

These people are despicable. They twist everything to fit their adgenda.

Mirimichi on June 10, 2010 at 11:32 PM

Silly me. I thought both were part of the same Roman Empire. That’s what I get for trusting history books rather than a professor of social ethics when it comes to learning history.

calbear on June 10, 2010 at 11:36 PM

TXMomof3 on June 10, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Good evening!

Dire Straits on June 10, 2010 at 11:37 PM

Also, good catch there; I almost missed that. First came the Jews, then Judea, then Palestine, then the Palestinians.

calbear on June 10, 2010 at 11:39 PM

Um, we aren’t Israel.

ddrintn on June 10, 2010 at 11:39 PM

What is the latest on the little dust up that happened yesterday (I think) on US/Mexico border?

Dire Straits on June 10, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Wow, it’s almost like these nutburgers want to use the Bible as an excuse for not OBEYING THE LAW!

Maybe we should just ignore them.

I don’t look up some obscure Psalm when I don’t want to pay a traffic ticket.

tetriskid on June 10, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Bishop on June 10, 2010 at 11:24 PM

*gasp* Could it be that Narutoboy is actually a self-hating, self-denying redneck? It’s all becoming so clear now…

ddrintn on June 10, 2010 at 11:41 PM

calbear on June 10, 2010 at 11:39 PM

You might want to run that by Helen Thomas! :)

Dire Straits on June 10, 2010 at 11:42 PM

We are first and foremost citizens of heaven.

I don’t think I have ever heard anything more inane in my life.

Tav on June 10, 2010 at 10:48 PM

Relates to the Victoria Jackson piece – And I agree – inane. As my mom said, “No earthly good.”

InTheBellyoftheBeast on June 10, 2010 at 11:45 PM

Since my Bible knowledge is a little rusty ( I think)
can anyone tell me where in the Bible does it say that :
1. Every illegal central American/mehican /muslim/anyone has the right to be IN USA

2. Every illegal Central American/mehican/muslim/anyone
has the right to be a US citizen

3. US taxpayers are the ONLY people responsible to feed, clothe,house, educate and medicate and litigate for illegals from all over the world, specially if they are mehicans, and be called racist, xenophobes,and Nazis in return.

If these so called Churches and Christians are so concerned about mehicans, they can go down there and service their clients in their own homeland. They don’t have to bring parasites over here and then use religion to force us to fund their marxist agenda.

macncheez on June 10, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Ok, they’ve sold me! I’m off to Monaco! Monaco, get the freebies ready – here I come!

OldEnglish on June 11, 2010 at 12:00 AM

If the Arizona immigration law is ‘misguided,’ so is Obama’s criminal-alien roundup program

By Stewart J. Lawrence Stewart J. Lawrence – Thu Jun 10, 11:27 am ET

Washington – President Obama has called Arizona’s new highly controversial crackdown on illegal immigration “misguided.” It’s certainly sparked outrage across the country.

But the White House has its own suspect illegal immigration enforcement policies, which could benefit a little from such outrage.

In particular, a little-noticed federal enforcement program known as “Secure Communities” deserves greater national attention.

As with Arizona’s recent law, it is susceptible to racial profiling and a lack of due process in the jailing and deportation of illegal aliens. It’s a program that has potentially far-reaching consequences if not properly managed. In the rush to tackle immigration, and in the wrong hands, it could turn into a mass deportation program.

Speakup on June 11, 2010 at 12:02 AM

===============

Well hold your horses,can’t it wait till I go into
the light,and cross over,I expect to have my papers
in proper order to enter inside God’s border into
Heaven as a Heavenly Immigrant,Sheesh!!(snark).

canopfor on June 11, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Where do I get my CITIZEN OF HEAVEN passport, again?

And where the Hell do I get it stamped?

profitsbeard on June 11, 2010 at 12:17 AM

Maybe November isn’t going to be simply a political revolution. Maybe it’s also going to be the modern version of the Messiah scourging the religious slime out of the Temple.

A November two-fer. Yesssssss!

platypus on June 11, 2010 at 12:20 AM

Maybe November isn’t going to be simply a political rev0lution. Maybe it’s also going to be the modern version of the Messiah scourging the religious slime out of the Temple.

A November two-fer. Yesssssss!

platypus on June 11, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Governments and countries with borders have a God-given right to exist. God ordains government for order on Earth. Jesus said to give to the government (Caesar) that which rightfully belongs to it. Illegals don’t have a Biblical leg to stand on.

Mojave Mark on June 11, 2010 at 12:22 AM

Where do I get my CITIZEN OF HEAVEN passport, again?

And where the Hell do I get it stamped?

profitsbeard on June 11, 2010 at 12:17 AM

You silly boy, you go to your local welfare office. Walk up to the desk and tell them you just got here with your pregnant wife.

platypus on June 11, 2010 at 12:25 AM

We are all immigrants and sojourners in the world.

And if we could all sojourn back to Eden and if we could all live there forever, this loonatorium view of the world would almost be valid but everybody had to come from someplace sometime and this is our country and we don’t have to share if we don’t want to.

Speakup on June 11, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Feisal Abdul Rauf and CK MacLeod reported to be inconsolable at the news

Tav on June 11, 2010 at 12:18 AM

If anyone has a PuffHo account, lets organize
a potheads / lefties boycott of Amsterdam

macncheez on June 11, 2010 at 12:26 AM

These people are idiots. Useful, dangerous idiots. Can’t they see that if they agree with Pelosi and Jarrett, something’s wrong? Pelosi and Jarrett are not even like a stopped clock: they are wrong all. the. time.

a liberal Christian is an atheist in sheep’s clothing

Dhuka on June 10, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Yup.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on June 11, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Illegals don’t have a Biblical leg to stand on.

Mojave Mark on June 11, 2010 at 12:22 AM

Who needs the Bible when you can worship the government?

platypus on June 11, 2010 at 12:28 AM

Scribbler on June 10, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Thank you! I was wondering this very thing. And yes, their use of the word “Palestine” sent up some major red flags immeditately.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on June 11, 2010 at 12:29 AM

Wow, not just self-righteous but disingenuous argumentation right out of the gate. Consider point one:

Note the sleight of hand. Where is the evidence that their flight to Egypt was illegal? Nowhere. So why does the term illegal come up at his point? Is he seriously suggesting that the holy family broke the law?

In fact, the proper “cultural dressing” is of someone fleeing persecution and seeking asylum in Egypt.

mcg on June 11, 2010 at 12:30 AM

Where do I get my CITIZEN OF HEAVEN passport, again?

And where the Hell do I get it stamped?

profitsbeard on June 11, 2010 at 12:17 AM

platypus on June 11, 2010 at 12:25 AM

And make sure to speak in spanish!

macncheez on June 11, 2010 at 12:31 AM

mcg on June 11, 2010 at 12:30 AM

You know, when you really think about it, these “Christians” are rather blasphemous saying that the Holy Family broke the law…

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on June 11, 2010 at 12:35 AM

everyone is nuts

blatantblue on June 11, 2010 at 12:37 AM

I’m not willing to give up my faith (Judaism) but man, John Galt sure does have the point about mystics.

hadsil on June 11, 2010 at 12:40 AM

everyone is nuts

blatantblue on June 11, 2010 at 12:37 AM

Expand on your point please friend.. :)

Dire Straits on June 11, 2010 at 12:44 AM

Expand on your point please friend.. :)

Dire Straits on June 11, 2010 at 12:44 AM

Do you have five days and a handle of vodka?

blatantblue on June 11, 2010 at 12:46 AM

Unadulterated crap, and pure politicization.

Midas on June 11, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Just beginning to think the world is falling apart, I suppose.

blatantblue on June 11, 2010 at 12:48 AM

blatantblue on June 11, 2010 at 12:48 AM

Just beginning to…?

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on June 11, 2010 at 12:53 AM

Aslans Girl on June 11, 2010 at 12:53 AM

On the precipice of something real bad

oh well
time for bed

blatantblue on June 11, 2010 at 12:53 AM

RBMN on June 10, 2010 at 10:40 PM

Actually this will be the FOURTH, and by far the most EPIC FAIL of this crapola.

2006 – McCain-Kennedy fails with 90 day Z visa waiting period

2007 – M-K fails TWICE, this time as McCain-Kennedy-Bush, with a generous SINGLE BUSINESS DAY Z visa waiting period.

fred5678 on June 11, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Just beginning to think the world is falling apart, I suppose.

blatantblue on June 11, 2010 at 12:48 AM

Everywhere but here.

platypus on June 11, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Im reminded of the story of Jericho and the rest of the cities and how G_d tells the Israelites to conquer/kill the people and take over their lands.

canditaylor68 on June 11, 2010 at 1:10 AM

“I hold the right of expatriation to be inherent in every man by the laws of nature, and incapable of being rightfully taken from him even by the united will of every other person in the nation. If the laws have provided no particular mode by which the right of expatriation may be exercised, the individual may do it by any effectual and unequivocal act or declaration.”

AshleyTKing on June 11, 2010 at 1:11 AM

Do you have five days and a handle of vodka?

blatantblue on June 11, 2010 at 12:46 AM

I’ve got the days it that much vodka that is causing a problem..

Dire Straits on June 11, 2010 at 1:14 AM

I’ve got the days it is finding that much vodka that is causing a problem..

Dire Straits on June 11, 2010 at 1:14 AM

Sorry for the typo.

Dire Straits on June 11, 2010 at 1:16 AM

Anyone who claim Jesus, Mary, and Joseph were “illegal immigrants” when they fled to Egypt should be able to produce some relevant Roman law to that effect. History teaches that one benefit of being a Roman subject was the ability to travel and trade freely within the entire Empire, so this professor must surely have discovered something new to make the assertion.
`
Well, either that or he is just making it up.

Adjoran on June 11, 2010 at 1:29 AM

These pastors better learn Spanish.

PrezHussein on June 11, 2010 at 1:33 AM

katy on June 10, 2010 at 10:40 PM

You said exactly what I would have. High five!

JannyMae on June 11, 2010 at 1:34 AM

Argumentor statement 1 is false. It can be taken as a true statement that Josphe took his family to Egypt where they would be safe. Where does this being illegal come in? Where does it say that they were illegal or in Egypt under false pretense? They moved there, became part of a community and paid their taxes accordingly and when the time came, freely left the country and returned to their own.

Obviously it was important to make the claim to establish a comparison for the sake of argument to support a point of view, even if based on a false premise to beging with, with an assumption that there were laws on immigration in that part of the world at that time.

His point is that ilegals should be allowed to break the law and then be accepted as part of the legal society, but lacking citizenship.

Wonder if it is understood that Mexico’s second largest source of national income is the money the illegals send back to their familes in Mexico. No wonder the president of Mexico wants his people to leave his country to live and work in ours. Obama is more than happy to support wealth redistribution in any form available to him and to make the president of Mexico happy in the process.

Franklyn on June 11, 2010 at 1:36 AM

Illegal aliens are coveting their neighbors possessions.

Forgive them, but don’t forget. Send them packing.

BuckeyeSam on June 11, 2010 at 1:38 AM

“Our ancestors… possessed a right, which nature has given to all men, of departing from the country in which chance, not choice, has placed them, of going in quest of new habitations, and of there establishing new societies, under such laws and regulations as, to them, shall seem most likely to promote public happiness.”

AshleyTKing on June 11, 2010 at 1:39 AM

BTW: After God booted Adam and Eve from Eden, didn’t He post a guard to keep them from trying to return?

Sounds to me as if God is a champion of securing the border first.

BuckeyeSam on June 11, 2010 at 1:42 AM

Are there any Christian clergy out there who aren’t pushing for illegal immigration?

In the case of the catholic church, at least, which is so hot for more Mexicans: the Mexicans do not contribute financially to the church, and virtually none of them become priests (in contrast to the Vietnamese). I don’t understand the support for illegals. I guess they’re trying to expiate their guilt for having treated the Amerindians so poorly.

chris999 on June 11, 2010 at 1:47 AM

Christians: if your church is for this, just cut them off financially and tell them why you’re doing it.

chris999 on June 11, 2010 at 1:51 AM