Obama on BP: I want to know “whose ass to kick”

posted at 8:09 pm on June 7, 2010 by Allahpundit

I thought nothing would top “plug the damn hole” as a feeble show of command in the teeth of pure federal impotence, but never underestimate The One.

Full POTUS quote: “I was down there a month ago, before most of these talkin’ heads were even paying attention to the gulf. A month ago I was meeting with fishermen down there, standin’ in the rain talking about what a potential crisis this could be. and I don’t sit around just talking to experts because this is a college seminar, we talk to these folks because they potentially have the best answers, so I know whose ass to kick.”

Nice use of apostrophes by Chuck Todd to show O strainin’ to connect to the common man. His approval rating hasn’t deterioriated over the spill yet, but ABC’s out with a poll today showing that 69 percent rate the feds’ response to the disaster negatively. By comparison, that number was only 62 percent after Katrina. So here’s his attempt at damage control with another two months of this nightmare (at least) still to go, imitating the same sort of bravado that the left used to detest in Bush in hopes that it’ll stop their caterwauling about his dispassion and give them a happy new meme to push. “See? He’s mad. He cares.” It’s completely out of character with his Cool Hand Luke persona and roughly six weeks too late, which means it’s as phony as a three-dollar bill, but so what? This is all about changing the subject from the spill itself to Obama’s engagement with it, and for low-information voters, it’ll do nicely. Three cheers for the cynical scripted soundbite!

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

Darling Joe Scarborough, (sorry at work and can’t read if someone said this already) suggested that the criticism might have something to do with his skin color, and nothing to do with the wretched remark. I’m giving up on Joe. Always hoped he would be a voice for conservatives, but I think he wants a job in the white house, maybe taking gibbs place.

Bambi on June 8, 2010 at 1:43 PM

If Captain Ineffectual wants to kick ass he should start with his own administration. Where has Napolitano been? It’s her deal. FEMA is under her control.

LarryG on June 8, 2010 at 2:03 PM

This pathetic douchebag couldn’t fight his way out of a sh*thouse

Dick Turpin on June 8, 2010 at 2:38 PM

He’s going to lay the smackdown on someone’s candy ass.

Can you smell-la-la-la-la-la-la what Barack is cookin’?!

Pcoop on June 8, 2010 at 3:04 PM

Duh. It’s a typo. He meant to say he needs to know whose ass to KISS. Find him a Muslim leader, quick!

MochaLite on June 8, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Does anyone else remember how bonkers the media went when Cheney/Bush, not realizing they were on mic, said some choice words about a New York Times reporter?

So, let me get this straight: In a candid, assumed private, moment you cannot swear, but in a public worldwide broadcast interview, you can swear. Got it.

MississippiMom on June 8, 2010 at 3:47 PM

I thought the theme was “Whose ass can I kiss”… oh, wait… that’s the Apology Tour theme.

My bad.

bloviator on June 8, 2010 at 4:00 PM

i can’t believe he’s actually our President

phillypolitics on June 8, 2010 at 4:37 PM

This narrow-ass punk has never kicked anyone’s ass in his life! Spare me the phony street bravado and just do your job.

walkingboss on June 8, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Obama to schedule an Ass Kicking after he plays golf, attends fundraisers for fellow democrats, hosts lavish white house parties and hits the PR trail (again!)to sell Obamacare to seniors. I’m sure the pelicans & dolphins can wait….

TN Mom on June 8, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Oh my, even the nice MOLs at Motus blog want to see some Asskickin’. LOL

elclynn on June 8, 2010 at 5:44 PM

This dachsund could kick Obama’s ass…

Lourdes on June 9, 2010 at 12:35 AM

Obowma CAN KICK HIS OWN ASS…PRONTO.

Right after his party with Paul McCartney, the dinner party, the concert at the Lincoln Center, TWO FUND RAISERS, the trip to Cali for another funraiser, the NBA tv interview, the Chicago trip, tv interviews to BLAME everyone else and yet claims the buck stops with himself?

But he’s “been there since day one”? Depends on the definition of “there” I guess.

dthorny on June 9, 2010 at 7:31 AM

I hope all the Christians and Joooos who voted for this thug are proud when their children hear a ‘president’ using that kind of language. Very presidential, did I mention scholarly?? :(

DanaSmiles on June 9, 2010 at 10:52 AM

I cannot take Obama seriously as a strong, ass-kickin’ capable kind of guy.

Physically he is less initimidating than a tiny new rabbit pup, a cute little, innocent, tiny, defenseless bunny. No. I am not saying Obama appears to be innocent, cute, etc. I am saying he is weak and not intimidating as in a tiny bunny pup.

Obama is a weakling, a skinny, weak, powerless litte snob. I’ve known other runts in my life who appear to compensate by bravado and vociferous emanations, and Obama falls right into that category.

If Obama were alone with my wife and threatened to “kick” her “ass,” she would probably laugh herself silly. She, all five feet one and three quarters inches of her could take Obama out with a single punch, he is such a frail, skinny, weak little skeleton. She is a beautiful, petite, feminine woman, but she could still take that phony!

In fact, my two year old child could probably blow him over with a single puff of air. I fear that a strong wind would carry this amateur-in-chief away.

On the international and policy side of things, including “Security,” Obama is weaker than Lord Neville Chamberlain, or at least in the exact same class. Useless and a betrayor of the people.

This guy, Obama, is a disgrace and a reflection of the low-intellect, low education, dependent on others to tell them what to think populace who voted him into office, a sad reflection on the illness of the US populace.

William2006 on June 9, 2010 at 1:00 PM

I just want to know where Obama learned to manufacture his professorial indignance, so that the 10% of Americans who are out of Work, might go get a job There.

Must be a nice Gig too. You make your own Hours, your own Rules…I Won (for Now)! I Quit(for Now)! What an “Ass”clown.

Teddy on June 9, 2010 at 1:21 PM

WHERE are the trolls?

Sir Napsalot on June 9, 2010 at 1:33 PM

VERRRY presidential! I just saw this and maybe his bunch of dummies could offer something other than a nonexistent asskicking:
What a montrous joke this clown is.

LarryG on June 9, 2010 at 2:39 PM

Here’s some ass to kick.

Akzed on June 9, 2010 at 3:52 PM