No joke: Obama warns students … not to blame other people for their problems

posted at 10:12 pm on June 7, 2010 by Allahpundit

Stirring words, my friends, from a guy who, by Charles Krauthammer’s account, had already blamed Bush by October last year for “the economy, global warming, the credit crisis, Middle East stalemate, the deficit, anti-Americanism abroad — everything but swine flu.” In fact, it was only three weeks ago that Politico reported the Democrats’ midterm campaign macro-strategy will be to run against — ta da — George Bush. A serious question while you watch: Aside from the oil spill, for which he was finally forced to take responsibility after six weeks of conspicuously doing jack, is there any problem that he hasn’t tried to fob off on the GOP to one extent or another? By 2012, he’ll be blaming the public’s hatred of ObamaCare on the fact that Republicans wouldn’t compromise and agree to a bill that everyone can love.

Two clips for you, then. The second perhaps illustrates just how unseriously his advice should be taken.

Comments

Better than “You LIE!”,
Is saying that “You bore me”.
Warmed-over bullshit.

Haiku Guy on June 8, 2010 at 7:45 AM

Obamalinsky. Ha. Haha. Haha. Hahaha. Hahahahaha. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha…

There, I’m better now……

adamsmith on June 8, 2010 at 7:48 AM

The buck stops with you, kids, unless you’re a Democrat politician. In which case, the buck always stops at some Republican’s doorstep somewhere. So don’t blame your problems on other people – just blame Bush.

Good Lt on June 8, 2010 at 7:57 AM

Worst president ever. I can’t say it enough.

scalleywag on June 8, 2010 at 8:18 AM

I like how CNN zooms in to avoid showing that Dear Leader can’t even talk to high schools without a teleprompter.

Dingbat63 on June 8, 2010 at 8:22 AM

This jacka$$ is unbelievable! Not only did they have 4 frickin’ venues w/ ticket sales, MI chose to further punish us by having this catastrophy televised on all local channels.

ZeeMI on June 8, 2010 at 8:34 AM

Is it me or is the backdrop disinterested? Dear leader has but one song in his playbook that used to sound good in Chicago.

Kissmygrits on June 8, 2010 at 8:39 AM

I wonder if that little titmouse Pelosi whispers to Mr. President before every speech…”don’t forget to blame Bush!”

scalleywag on June 8, 2010 at 8:50 AM

Ouch! I hope that student doesn’t take too much abuse for sleeping through O’s speech. Should have made sure the peanut gallery was hopped up on caffeine before he started talking.

Dee2008 on June 8, 2010 at 8:58 AM

He’s right, I shouldn’t blame him for him being a crappy president.

It’s my fault. The buck stops here.

NoDonkey on June 8, 2010 at 9:14 AM

Blame, your jerk of a teacher, bully of a coach, and George Bush.

The only good thing about this president is that he is good puppet and can read a great phone book as long as the teleprompter works. What’s is ironic is he talks about becoming dependent on someone or something as the teleprompter rolls on.

This man is weak kneed, and not qualified to do anything else than what he does now – read the words or others trying to make everyone think they were his words.

Remember win in 10 and repeal in 12

MSGTAS on June 8, 2010 at 9:27 AM

No joke: Obama warns students … not to blame other people for their problems

Obama went on to say that if you are going to blame someone else, BLAME BUSH!

olesparkie on June 8, 2010 at 9:29 AM

This is like The Truman Show only starring Obama – he’s the only one that believes this.

pain train on June 8, 2010 at 9:44 AM

He must have done some heavy drugs in his early days.

manateespirit on June 7, 2010 at 10:35 PM

Your statement implies past tense. Are you sure?

BobMbx on June 8, 2010 at 10:04 AM

How can he say that with a straight face?

Shiny_Tiara on June 8, 2010 at 10:10 AM

Holy crap… did O’s audacity nearly kill this man?

Man collapses during Obama’s speech in Michigan

A man has been hospitalized after going into cardiac arrest during President Barack Obama’s speech to high school graduates at Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo… doctors, including Republican gubernatorial candidate and state Sen. Tom George of Kalamazoo County, rushed to the man’s aid along with an emergency response team. A defibrillator was used and the man was taken to Bronson Hospital

Terp Mole on June 8, 2010 at 11:15 AM

I can’t watch the videos right now, but I have to know….when he said this….was there any snickering going on, or moans, or groans, or gasps? Cause I sure would have been laughing my arse off had I been there.

capejasmine on June 8, 2010 at 11:29 AM

Good Grief

Does this flea-brain ever listen to himself?

franksalterego on June 8, 2010 at 11:37 AM

I have figured it all out: It was new year 2000, I went to bed and had a great sleep. But when I woke up, I awoke in an alternate reality. How else could you explain all the totally weird shit that has happened since? In my reality, Americans are dumb yes, but so stupid that a majority elected this clown president???? or the previous president for that matter???
I am living in the twilight zone, it is the only explanation that make sense.

paulsur on June 8, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Maybe if somebody would have beaten him up more on the playground he might have grown a pair. As it is, not so much. The only thing functioning there is his mouth, and it’s just about the same through every vapid speech.

This is our public face as a nation? I wouldn’t invite this idiot to my bridge club picnic.

tcn on June 8, 2010 at 1:36 PM

So I guess we can safely assume that whenever a Republican president again takes office, he or she will immediately take full blame for the budget deficit that he or she inherits, right?

orange on June 8, 2010 at 3:17 PM

KALAMAZOO, Mich. — A man has been hospitalized after going into cardiac arrest during President Barack Obama’s speech to high school graduates at Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo.

J_Crater on June 8, 2010 at 4:31 PM

This will be the perfect anti-Obama ad in 2012.

Take responsibility, don’t blame someone else…
followed by…video after video of…

It was Bush’s fault for the economy.
It was Bush’s fault for Israel.
It was Bush’s fault for choose #1.
Tt was Bush’s fault for choose #2.
It was Bush’s fault for choose #3

SFTech on June 8, 2010 at 5:07 PM

…hahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahaha……hahahahahahahahahaha

CWforFreedom on June 8, 2010 at 7:53 PM

orange on June 8, 2010 at 3:17 PM

You KNOW that is not what this is all about.

But as long as we are talking deficits:

You need to do some research on deficits BTW.

Oh and your argument is infantile.

CWforFreedom on June 8, 2010 at 7:56 PM

Orange and funny you disregard the fact that Bush came in after the dot com crash and the economy was already headed into recession. You also failed to mention that 911 WAS planned under Clinton. So we can all play the blame game little one.

CWforFreedom on June 8, 2010 at 8:01 PM

Life doesn’t have to make sense with Liberals.

scotash on June 9, 2010 at 2:54 AM