Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the week?

posted at 2:30 pm on June 6, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

I’m a little under the weather today, so I’m getting to the Obamateurism of the Week poll a little late today — but I want you to know I’m fully engaged.  Trust me, I have a singular focus on getting this poll up and running, even if my head feels like it’s filled with tar balls.  I didn’t need the Little Admiral to call me this morning to ask me, “Did you plug the poll yet, Grandpa?”

Previous 2010 “winners”:

Comments

May God have mercy on us.

Inanemergencydial on June 6, 2010 at 2:32 PM

Sorry to hear you aren’t feeling tip top Mr. Morrissey. I had to go with singularly focused.

Cindy Munford on June 6, 2010 at 2:33 PM

but I want you to know I’m fully engaged.

voting “present” from Day 1?

heh.

ted c on June 6, 2010 at 2:33 PM

had to go with “did you plug the hole yet Daddy?”

that’s got to be worth oodles and oodles of comedy gold when juxtaposed with “Plug the damn hole!”

oh man, if I wrote skits….i’d kill myself laughing….

ted c on June 6, 2010 at 2:35 PM

heh, for a minute there I thought you were talking about Joe Sestak and had a “WTF would he call you grandpa?”….

ted c on June 6, 2010 at 2:38 PM

May God have mercy on us.

Some one once wrote,

“Sometimes nations abolish GOD. GOD can usually be counted on to return the courtesy.”

I’m not sure where we stand on that timeline, but I do lie awake many nights worrying about it.

oldleprechaun on June 6, 2010 at 2:43 PM

The Carter moment: “Did you plug the hole yet, Daddy?”

Every moment with Obama is now a Carter moment!

pilamaye on June 6, 2010 at 2:45 PM

Hope you feel better soon, Ed. Rest up and get back into fighting shape. We’ll need top-notch soldiers this cycle.

JohnGalt23 on June 6, 2010 at 2:45 PM

I went with “fully engaged”. These get harder to decide each week. So many great choices that show the complete lack of competence from our president. A comedy writer could not come up with some of this stuff.

Get well Ed. We need you in the trenches.

chief on June 6, 2010 at 2:45 PM

Certainly Zero exploiting his own daughter Malia with a premature question ranks high on the list but I’d go with one not on the list:

Obama’s sudden, comical self-righteous anger about the oil leak because Gibbs, Holder or other WH lackey had improperly set the time delay on Zero’s teleprompter to four weeks past reality.

viking01 on June 6, 2010 at 2:48 PM

Getting The Queen’s birthday wrong should be up there.

Socratease on June 6, 2010 at 2:50 PM

Gonna plug his hole in November.

5u93rm4n on June 6, 2010 at 2:51 PM

Getting The Queen’s birthday wrong should be up there.
Socratease on June 6, 2010 at 2:50 PM

That was Hillary’s crew. The wealth of stupidity is evenly distributed in this administration.

Nichevo on June 6, 2010 at 2:54 PM

It was toss-up between “fully engaged” and “singularly focused” but I went with “fully engaged” since it clearly demonstrated his tendency to say one thing, “I’m fully engaged in this” and then another, “I just found out about this woman resigning/fired”. If only the MSM would follow up on the numerous times he’s done this, they’d clearly see what a dishonest POS he really is.

PatMac on June 6, 2010 at 2:55 PM

..well, we’ll know you’re back, feeling up (down) to par when you host a fete to honor Sir Paul McCartney for his past musical accomplishments. But you might want hold it in your library so he can make some gratuitous dig at “W”.

The War Planner on June 6, 2010 at 3:01 PM

I suggest a few hours on the golf course. It’s Obama Approved for showing you’re “engaged”.

ButterflyDragon on June 6, 2010 at 3:04 PM

Feel better, EM!

“At some point, Jackie, we’ll want to hear more about those tar balls and your bathing suit”

Can’t you just hear the most egotistic slacker in gym class running his amateur yap like this? I can! The guy who can’t hit a jump shot wants to denigrate everybody else, the guy who can’t lift 50 pounds three reps of twelve wants to offer color commentary on who is the most valuable to a particular team, and the guy who struts around with his pecs out wants to discuss bathing suits with the ladies of the press “corpse.”
Leeeew-zuur!

ExpressoBold on June 6, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Like everyone else, I struggle each week to make the best choice. Over time, I established a heuristic to simplify the selection: don’t bother with the gaffes made by his administration – reduce the choices to only those that come from Him.

And then Ed blows that out of of the water with four, count ‘em, FOUR direct quotes. Thanks a lot, Ed. /sarc

(I went with the Daddy quote. It doesn’t get much more personal than that.)

Peri Winkle on June 6, 2010 at 3:08 PM

OT: note in the picture on the front page Teh Won is scratching his face using his index finger this time.

agmartin on June 6, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Went with not knowing about the woman was fired/resigned. She’s in charge of the thing, you’d expect that he would be talking to her.

rbj on June 6, 2010 at 3:10 PM

It was a tossup between fully engaged and singularly focused. Since Bowbama is singularly focused on himself as usual, I chose that as the winner this week.

Philly on June 6, 2010 at 3:14 PM

Did Obama forget which finger to use?

lsheldon on June 6, 2010 at 3:15 PM

May God have mercy on us.

Some one once wrote,

oldleprechaun on June 6, 2010 at 2:43 PM

Ditto that, Leprechaun. Each and every day I wake up thinking, “What happened last night while I was asleep and what will today bring from the president-in-diapers?” Truth be told, with all that’s taken place because of O-Doofus, I’m thrilled to wake up and find that our beloved country hasn’t been attacked again as it was on 9/11…or worse.

BTW, just for the record I went with “singularly focused,” although all the choices are excellent and worthy of a vote. This would all be quite amusing if it were not for the fact that we are fighting to survive as a nation.

GrannyDee on June 6, 2010 at 3:15 PM

What do you mean our point person doesn’t work for us anymore? Did she quit? Did we fire her? Could I be more clueless?

If that’s fully engaged, detached and aloof must involve a coma.

trubble on June 6, 2010 at 3:18 PM

How can you pick just one?

Skandia Recluse on June 6, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Did you destroy the country yet, Daddy?

TXUS on June 6, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Did you destroy the country yet, Daddy?

TXUS on June 6, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Not yet. There is a little more to do.

CWforFreedom on June 6, 2010 at 3:29 PM

agmartin on June 6, 2010 at 3:08 PM

He’s already flipped everybody off. There’s nobody left.

txhsmom on June 6, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Obama is singularly focused on every conceivable negative, damaging manner possible.

fourdeucer on June 6, 2010 at 3:32 PM

Oblahblah is singularly focused on himself.

SouthernGent on June 6, 2010 at 3:35 PM

The McCartney partying during such crises is very symbolic.

Letting the “library comment” stand proved indefinitely that the Obamas are thuggish rubes from Chicago.

In the meanwhile the Bushes, especially Mrs. Bush Jr., continue to show lots of grace.

An officer, er president, and a gentleman…

Schadenfreude on June 6, 2010 at 3:45 PM

I went with the “Fully Engaged” but admit that I had a hard time with all the painful choices this week.

Conservalicious on June 6, 2010 at 4:01 PM

The Carter moment: “Did you plug the hole yet, Daddy?”

Not so popular today, but Amy Carter just emailed to say that she thinks, and hopes, that it will last for a very long time.

SlaveDog on June 6, 2010 at 4:02 PM

But as BP executives are learning to their sorrow, Barack Obama cannot be bought. He can only be rented.

The whore can not be bought. He can only be rented. How well put. “The gullible are no longer gulled“.

“A gift for reading from a teleprompter is not the same as leadership,” noted Liz Cheney. Many liberals now agree.

Schadenfreude on June 6, 2010 at 4:10 PM

Speaking of libraries, what do you think will be in Obama’s? My first choice would be an exhibit of the Constitution on one side and a flow chart of all the ways Obama and the Congress tried to take it out.

I can’t think of a single book to put in the libaray except a copy of Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals.

BetseyRoss on June 6, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Every moment with Obama is now a Carter moment!

pilamaye on June 6, 2010 at 2:45 PM

At this point wouldn’t a Carter moment be something positive?

jdkchem on June 6, 2010 at 4:17 PM

I too went with fully engaged,but was torn between that and singularly focused.
I saw another possible Obamateurism on Fox the other day.I wonder if anyone else caught it.Bambi was taking to a local official from one of the coastal parrishes or perhaps one of the barrier(?) islands. To a question concerning the inadeqate response of the administration,Bambi said something to the effect of you folks have to make sure your voices are heard and to keep speaking out.

It occurred to me(but apparently not to Bambi)that the local official was trying to do just that.If you are addressing the person in charge,just who else is there who should hear you?
A true community organizer response—”don’t tell me your problems,tell the person in charge”,or in this case someone who gives a damn.

DDT on June 6, 2010 at 4:31 PM

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.

Well, you have to live through it first.

Speakup on June 6, 2010 at 4:52 PM

“Singularly focused” Obama’s golfing, fundraising, vacation, and sports events

I voted for this one – until suddenly I realized that he does this every week so it’ can’t be an Obamateurism.

katablog.com on June 6, 2010 at 5:17 PM

My favorite Sunday activity on HA! Went with plug the hole Daddy… Sooo Cateresque!

bernzright777 on June 6, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Looks like “sigularly focus” is a blowout winner that gushed into the sea, I mean lead. ;)

AnotherOpinion on June 6, 2010 at 5:39 PM

I regret even considering to vote for the entity now known as Obama.

BHO Jonestown on June 6, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Oilbama is Singularly focused tonight on yet another Music Party at the Ford Theatre. He sure does love to Party, eh?

Conservalicious on June 6, 2010 at 8:32 PM

O’s singular focus is the man in the mirror. Everything else is a troublesome distraction.

Mojave Mark on June 6, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Did you plug the hole in your attention span yet, Daddy?

backwoods conservative on June 6, 2010 at 9:56 PM

chief on June 6, 2010 at 2:45 PM

So many choices … so little time.

IrishEyes on June 6, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Hope you’re feeling better Ed!

Chewy the Lab on June 6, 2010 at 10:39 PM

Dittos on hoping you feel better, Ed, and give some thought into publishing a compilation of all these Obamateurisms in a book prior to the elections in 2010. Great fodder for the proverbial coffee table.

John the Libertarian on June 6, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Ed, now you see what happens when you spend Saturday eating all that “organic”…stuff.

All the Obamaturisms so far are going to be so much chopped liver compared to how he reacts to whatever happens after the Iranians come to the aid of the Gaza blockade-busters.

eeyore on June 7, 2010 at 12:20 AM

You missed one. He said his most important job was to let people know that HE was thinking about people on the Gulf from morning to night.

It was a humorous narcissistic moment. I wondered if he thinks people think that he has magical powers.

Ommmmmmm*

AnninCA on June 7, 2010 at 7:54 AM

No love for tar balls gone wild.

MNHawk on June 7, 2010 at 9:41 AM

On first glance I expected the cover photo to be of Obama flipping us the bird. (like he’s done in the past)

scotash on June 7, 2010 at 9:14 PM