Ingraham to O’Reilly: This is a spin zone!

posted at 8:48 am on June 4, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Yeah, it’s on. Laura Ingraham appeared last night on the O’Reilly Factor to discuss the Gulf oil spill, and at first it starts off with both agreeing that Barack Obama is blowing it. When it comes to holding Obama’s team accountable, however, Ingraham can hardly believe her ears when O’Reilly says that he wants to give Janet Napolitano some “slack” because she’s not responsible for the cleanup. Ingraham reminds O’Reilly that Napolitano runs the Department of Homeland Security, which includes FEMA — the agency tasked with the federal response to emergencies such as the Deepwater Horizon blowout. Ingraham calls the show a “spin zone,” and O’Reilly accuses her of blind partisanship (via The Right Scoop):

Who won this exchange? Take the poll:

The two may have shouted over each other at the end of the segment, but they’re still friends; Ingraham will guest-host tonight.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Bill O is afraid of being “Imus”ed if he says anything negative about Hussein.

Alden Pyle on June 4, 2010 at 10:09 AM

Oh please. Ingraham cleaned his clock? She bested him? Anyone who knows anything realizes that Ingraham is a consistent partisan whereas O’Reilly is not.

The dept of homeland security- do you guys really want them dealing with oil spill cleanups? Like O’Reilly said, he’s giving Napolitano some slack on this, because it needs to be the dept of the interior and Napolitano needs to be down putting troops on the border and securing it. Is there anyone who can seriously argue with that point?

Ingraham wouldn’t give Obama a hand for doing anything right. Remember, she praised Bush’s handling of Katrina and said that this oil spill is so much more worse…worse in what manner? How many people did this spill kill, 11? How many died in Katrina? Both were mismanaged from the top down, just as O’Reilly pointed out.

TheBlueSite on June 4, 2010 at 10:11 AM

I quit watching BOr months ago; I couldn’t stand the self-righteous preening at the expense of his guests – both left and right. Rush nailed it, he’s Foxnews’ Ted Baxter.

I did watch this video and agree, LI hit a home run.

microfiction on June 4, 2010 at 10:12 AM

O’Reilly is a big government guy, and a populist to boot. If he were a senator, he would be making the Twins look like conservatives.

To his credit, he is a social conservative and a pro-US guy, but fiscacly and biggov-wise, he’s a closet lib, right down the line.

And the apologies for Obama are just embarassing.

It all stems from one thing…by far the most important thing to Bill…..his ratings. Clearly, he sees himself as mister middle america, and with his limited intelligence, and unlimitted ego, he has decided that he sees no socialism, hears no socialism and speaks no socialism. And moreover, as for as the Moron in Chief goes, Bill is 100% behind that genius. Obama can do no wrong and is just a poor victim of circumstances…exactly the big lie put out by the administration.

But Bill wants to still be making his millions when the fascists clamp down on Hannity and his compadres, doesn’t he?

He runs the most transparent TV show in history.

Good for Laura for getting herself fired and finally showing the world what a fool he is. She’ll be lucky to ever appear again (unless it was all a setup for future ratings by the blow-hard). I may send her a donation for doing it.

notagool on June 4, 2010 at 10:15 AM

TheBlueSite on June 4, 2010 at 10:11 AM

So what you’re saying is that Napolitano shouldn’t do her job? If disaster cleanup shouldn’t be under Homeland Security, then Obama can reorganize it. Until then, FEMA reports to Napolitano. That means she’s partly responsible for the response, just like her boss, Obama is. If she doesn’t like her duties, she shouldn’t have taken the job.

O’Reilly is more concerned about appearing fair than in getting the facts right. In fact, I heard him Wednesday tell a guest that “the facts don’t matter”. I guess that’s what you get with a Harvard education.

hawksruleva on June 4, 2010 at 10:17 AM

Koolaid? Bill’s obsessed with Ariana Huffington, for crying out loud.

What reality is there to a no spin zone, inside a bubble?

Speakup on June 4, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Has B.O. offered B.O. a job b.j.?

TinMan13 on June 4, 2010 at 8:54 AM

There. Better.

Chewy the Lab on June 4, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Has B.O. offered B.O. a job?

TinMan13 on June 4, 2010 at 8:54 AM

Excellent sarcasm!

TheBlueSite on June 4, 2010 at 10:11 AM

Obviously snooping around the trash bins at Fox News and found the cup of Kool-Aid!

Trochilus on June 4, 2010 at 10:21 AM

O’Reilly’s ego is as big as Obama’s!

I detest how he always refers to things in the 3rd person. “The Factor looking out for the folks(Hurl!).” “Talking Points wants to know…”

He is a megamaniacal buffoon.

Chewy the Lab on June 4, 2010 at 10:24 AM

I believe Laura may have lost a shoe up Bill’s azz .

DeweyWins on June 4, 2010 at 10:26 AM

-1 laura for koolaid remark

ted c on June 4, 2010 at 8:59 AM

…on the show where the kool-aid remark is practically copyrighted, and when a point needs to be made in less than 8 seconds?

I think it was a measure of her graciousness. It was akin to pleading to the supine and bloody boxer to not get back up off the mat.

Saltysam on June 4, 2010 at 10:26 AM

I only watch BOR for Miller Time, and Dennis lit into Bill on Wednesday too for defending Obama:

BILL O’REILLY, HOST: In the “Miller Time” segment tonight: Dennis is worked up about three things, so let’s get right to the D-man, who joins us from Los Angeles.
All right. Oil spill, and you know, where you live off the coast of Santa Barbara, you’ve got the big oil derricks out there going up and down and this and that. So what’s your take on this whole deal?
DENNIS MILLER, FOX NEWS CONTRIBUTOR: Well, I find NIMBY-ism unbecoming, so I’m glad the oil well’s there. We’ve got to get power from somewhere, and they light them up at Christmas so that it looks nice, so it’s fine with me.
I think — I think what this comes down to is President Barack Obama seems to have a sign on his desk that says, “The buck starts here.” And this is turning into a Benny Hill sketch, Bill, and I don’t understand your reticence. I think you disparage him in an odd way when, for the first time in the history — and what have we had 44 presidents — he is going to be the one who doesn’t get blamed for everything. Every president gets blamed for everything.
O’REILLY: I’m trying to be fair here. You know me.
MILLER: I guess, I guess. But it looks like you’re contorting yourself, Billy. I don’t think any of these…

O’REILLY: I’m not contorting. I’m not contorting.
MILLER: All right, fine. I’m just telling you my observation is presidents get blamed for stuff. And if this goes through August or Christmas, I bet you there will be a day somewhere in there where you’ll start to get bugged by him a little.
O’REILLY: Listen, I think President Obama on the oil spill is blameless for the spill. He didn’t cause it, and he can’t plug it.
MILLER: Yes, but…
O’REILLY: He was too slow.
MILLER: I don’t think I said that. Bill, Bill, wait, I have to stop. You don’t think I think that Barack Obama blew the pipe up? Or…
O’REILLY: No, no, no.
MILLER: But I hear you say that to guests, that you don’t think — I don’t think he went down there with a razor wire and cut the pipe, or I don’t think he blew it up, or I don’t think he told somebody to blow it up. Certainly you don’t think that’s what I think.
O’REILLY: No.
MILLER: I think like any other president in history, he’s going to get blamed for it eventually.
O’REILLY: But it’s not exactly right to blame him, and I would rather blame him for the terrible deficit, for spending money wildly, for this crazy, illegal alien stuff, for the trials of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed in New York City. There — there — those are blame. Hey, you did it; you’re a pinhead. So, you know, I’m saving my ammo…
MILLER: All right. Let me ask you this. Do you blame him for coming out and saying, “We’re all over this,” and then his two-prong attack seems to be, one, hiring James Cameron or enlisting his aid to, what, go down and dilute the oil spill with insipid dialogue or speech? I don’t know what that is.
O’REILLY: He’s going to get Leo involved.
MILLER: And then secondly, the other prong is to send Steadman Graham down, the attorney general, to organize the plankton into a class-action suit against BP.
O’REILLY: You’ve got to arrest everybody. You know what he did? You know what Obama did, the worst thing he did? He went down to the Louisiana coast wearing pants that looked like he should be going out to dinner in. Couldn’t he just get clam diggers or something down there? I didn’t get the pants.
MILLER: I mean, listen, all I’m saying is I, like most Americans, think enough of Barack Obama as a man that, like every other president in history, the buck’s going to stop there. I’m sorry. And, no, once again, I don’t think he blew the pipe up.
O’REILLY: I know you don’t.
MILLER: I don’t think you think that either.
O’REILLY: No, of course not.
MILLER: I think — I think that this is a bit botched at this point. And I think there will come a day, if this lasts through Christmas, where you will concede on one of these Wednesdays and you’ll say yes, he’s screwing this up.
O’REILLY: All right, maybe so.
What do you think about Carville going, “We’re dying down here. He’s got to get down here”? What do you think about Carville? Because Carville really changed the whole dynamic as far as Obama’s own party turning on him.
MILLER: I look at Carville, and I just thank God he is not my neighbor.

Brat on June 4, 2010 at 10:33 AM

I think O’Reilly is “smarting” from the last interview Obama had with Bret Baier where Bret did a fine job. Maybe O’Reilly feels Obama should have preferred that he gave that interview.

It’s seems pretty inescapable to me that O’Reilly will never get another tete-a-tete with Obama until Obama is running for re-election.

I rarely watch O’Reilly completely through anymore. I’ll listen to the “memo” and try to catch Miller on Wednesday eve’s after the half-hour mark.

I will give kudos to O’Reilly for attacking the LA school board on political indoctrination and hope he never gives it a rest. And his stance on laws regarding pedophiles; and his support of the Wounded Warriors project.

Bob in VA on June 4, 2010 at 10:34 AM

It was good-natured ribbing by both. Laura clearly destroyed his position. Napolitano IS responsible for FEMA, therefore she IS responsible period. Dr. K agreed w/Laura when he came on in his segment. This is just another straw on an already broken back. Napolitano must go! Along w/about 5 more of his hand-picked retards that hold jobs above their pay grades, ie., Holder, Brennan, Gibbs, Sebelius, etc.

JAM on June 4, 2010 at 10:37 AM

So wait…despite the fact that Napolitano is ultimately responsible for FEMA, the agency that is supposed to react to disasters(the EPA citation from earlier is either overridden or also responsible, because this is more than a case of pollution cleanup due to the severity of the emergency)…you think they should not do their job? It is their responsibility, and you want to give them a pass because they haven’t been doing another job(securing the border) and now they’re actually doing it?

So…two jobs: securing the border and handling the spill. DHS hasn’t done either of them. Since they’re doing one incredibly late, you think they should be excused for not doing the other. Wow. That’s accountability there. A two-question essay test, which they didn’t show up for. Now they’re doing the makeup, and only answering one question. That’s 50%. That’s an F. You understand that, right?

TheBlueSite on June 4, 2010 at 10:11 AM

New Orleans was warned that Katrina was coming their way, and they did nothing. Texas was warned about Katrina, and they evacuated. That was the primary reason for the way Katrina turned out. Even so, Bush didn’t wait a month and a half before taking any real action. Michael Brown couldn’t handle the job, and paid for it. However, as noted above, you seem to think failing in a government position that is responsible for the livelihood of millions deserves some slack.

Right.

MadisonConservative on June 4, 2010 at 10:38 AM

TheBlueSite on June 4, 2010 at 10:11 AM

Problem is, with Katrina it was the State and Local governments who were supposed to be the first responders, not Bush. When they (Democrats all) screwed the pooch royally, they enlisted their national DNC allies to shift the blame for their own failures directly to Bush. They succeeded beyond even their own expectations. Dr. Goebbels would be proud of them.

Bush’s US Coast Guard, in the meantime, rescued 10,000+ people in the first 72 hours, a feat for which he (and the Coasties) were never given credit by you Bush-haters.

The oil spill on the other hand took place in US waters, not “State” or “Local” waters.

Del Dolemonte on June 4, 2010 at 10:39 AM

The O in O’Reilly stands for Obama.

Jdripper on June 4, 2010 at 10:42 AM

TheBlueSite on June 4, 2010 at 10:11 AM

It’s not up to “us guys”, it is how FEMA is organized, it is her job…or she can assign someone to do the job.

right2bright on June 4, 2010 at 10:51 AM

I have to give BOR credit for guts or maybe he’s a masochism, but he keeps getting eviscerated by these intelligent women like Laura or Megyn Kelly, or Mary Katherine Ham, and he keeps inviting them back. Maybe he’s into intellectual humiliation at the hands of beautiful women.

xkaydet65 on June 4, 2010 at 10:51 AM

Del Dolemonte on June 4, 2010 at 10:39 AM

Good, correct summary. But history is lost in our time.

rrpjr on June 4, 2010 at 10:53 AM

Fact is that Bill O’R is just not that smart. He also comes across as insulated. He is one of the worst interviewers I have ever witnessed, even more so than Larry King.

He just wants to be loved by all the people that matter in Washington.

epluribusunum on June 4, 2010 at 10:56 AM

notagool on June 4, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Exactly.

Bill O’Reilly sucks up to liberals and attacks conservatives. He is so afraid of being called a conservative that he goes out of his way cut everybody but conservatives “slack”.

Bill even got Dennis Miller going on Wednesdays show. I never thought I’d see that happen.

Jaynie59 on June 4, 2010 at 10:56 AM

Bill uses one, ONE interview he got with Obama, as his check list of knowledge on Obama. He doesn’t look to Obama’s prior, and current associations. He doesn’t look at Obama’s empty promises, lies, and distortions. He doesn’t look at the overall picture. He refuses to see Obama for what he truly is, and insists, he’s not what everyone knows he is.

If anyone is blind, it’s Bill O’Reilly!

capejasmine on June 4, 2010 at 10:59 AM

I have to say, I used to be an inveterate O’Reilly watcher, but he’s starting to get on my nerves, and I only skip through them on DVR now. He willfully ignored the O’Bama/Acorn/Demoncrap nexus, and it seems he’s been shilling more and more for this nutty administration. He’s starting to miss the boat.

mr.blacksheep on June 4, 2010 at 11:03 AM

I did watch this video and agree, LI hit a home run.

microfiction on June 4, 2010 at 10:12 AM

I’m with you, I’m done with BORe. “You just hate Obama so…” Grade-School-level argumentation with Affirmative Action sensibilities, it makes me vomit.

Maquis on June 4, 2010 at 11:15 AM

O’Riley = Cartoonish Buffoon
Ingraham = The Real Deal

“FOX’s Ted Baxter” indeed

Tim_CA on June 4, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Of course O’Reilly cuts Obama slack!

Professional courtesy : one out-of-control egomaniac to another …

RedPepper on June 4, 2010 at 11:21 AM

BOR can’t carry Laura”s jockstrap.

ndulik on June 4, 2010 at 9:03 AM

..well, we certainly who has the jock with the bigger pouch, don’t we?

The War Planner on June 4, 2010 at 11:25 AM

Laura took Bill to the woodshed. Last week Meghan Kelly did the same when discussing Kegan. If they ever doubled up on him he’d wind up in a dress with a big lollipop. I’ll give him credit, though, for letting these two on his show. Maybe what he really wants is a dominatrix with thigh-high boots and a whip.

tpitman on June 4, 2010 at 11:29 AM

BORe-illy is a raging a$$hole! All of you here who think he is on FNC to do anything but to hype his stupid book and coffee mugs better flush out your headgear.

He’s a f@#%&*!ing bookie, trying to set the odds so he can get the biggest handle. I would piss on him if he were on fire!

The War Planner on June 4, 2010 at 11:29 AM

..actually, I would NOT piss on him if he were on fire.

He just gets me so worked.

The War Planner on June 4, 2010 at 11:30 AM

Bill who?

beatcanvas on June 4, 2010 at 11:31 AM

TheBlueSite on June 4, 2010 at 10:11 AM

Massive Fail. Troops are assigned to the Department of Defense not the Department of Homeland Security. Only Obama can order Troops to the border. Napi has nothing to do with it. If you are going to upbraid someone for their lack of knowledge you might want to actually be knowledgeable on that subject.

chemman on June 4, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Ingraham wouldn’t give Obama a hand for doing anything right…

TheBlueSite on June 4, 2010 at 10:11 AM

That’s hard to say. I think we need to wait for him to actually do something right before we determine how she’ll respond.

Blacklake on June 4, 2010 at 11:36 AM

InTheNet said:

Yet another instance of a conservative woman wearing the pants of reason.

Laura is always RIGHT ON in nailing the Left. She regularly “cleans the clocks” of the Left, no matter who is speaking/bloviating. Bill O is on our side but is, as she points out, far too squishy far too many times. She drilled him a new one, rightly so.

Besides, can I mention she has nice “pants”, er, legs, heck she’s stunningly gorgeous…I know, that’s sexist. So what. She’s quite a package, brains and beauty and has no qualms about going on the attack without mercy when it’s required. Go Laura!

Roger Brown on June 4, 2010 at 11:39 AM

Hmmm.

I don’t waste my time with BO’R. Notice what the initials appear to be? “BOR”? Say it out loud.

Knew you could.

memomachine on June 4, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Blacklake on June 4, 2010 at 11:36 AM

Bam!!!

Excellent!

hawkdriver on June 4, 2010 at 11:49 AM

Bill O’Reilly wants to be able to get people from the Obama administration on his program, he won’t come out and criticize any of them meaningfully. It’s all about his ratings.

Dr Evil on June 4, 2010 at 11:54 AM

That was pretty funny…BOR took it quite well and was obviously genuinely amused.

Dr. ZhivBlago on June 4, 2010 at 12:01 PM

I used to watch O’Reilly frequently but his inconsistency bothers me so I tune in only occasionally. Maybe he’s trying to play both ends, I don’t know, but Laura Ingraham is consistent and rational. I think O’Reilly thinks he’s being fair but there are too many variables.

LarryG on June 4, 2010 at 12:03 PM

They are still friends, but Geraldope hasn’t threatened to spit on Laura yet, either. (Since Laura is Caucasian, perhaps Geraldjoke doesn’t find her positions on immigration as objectionable as he did Michelle’s, because she isn’t a “race traitor” in his eyes as is Michelle. There is a racist among the three, but it isn’t either of the women.)

So O’Reilly hasn’t pissed Laura off by letting el Dopo Grande get by with a half-hearted and half-assed excuse for an apology either.

O’Reilly is first and foremost a self-promoting bigmouth, who frequently forms his opinions without informing himself of the facts, and particularly on legal issues he often fails to grasp the law and the workings of the system of justice. Laura on the other hand usually knows her stuff.

novaculus on June 4, 2010 at 12:11 PM

One neocon blasting another…NOTHING TO SEE HERE FOLKS!

BobAnthony on June 4, 2010 at 12:15 PM

Ingraham for the simple fact that. she’s right. She also celarly articulated where she stoof, call her a partisan or not, but O’reilly just gives people passes for reasons that seem no more than to soften up his image and make himself look more centered.

Napolitano is a disaster, she refuses to enforce federal law when it comes to illegal immigration, refuses to secure the border, has had 3 terror attacks/attampts on our soil with succeeding and two fizzling due to sheer luck and FEMA did not bring much attention to the floowing in the midwest and now is doing much about the oil spill. The woman is disaster for all of these cumulative reasons! Give me a break Bill.

Resorting to personal attacks, where he calls Ingraham a partisan shows that Bill had no logical ground to stand on to defend himself. She made a joke about KOOL AID, a phrase he himself throws around at anyone he disagrees with, and he threw a fit. Give me a break. O’reilly is getting dangerously close to Charles Johnson territory where he is becoming so paranoid about being considered a radical that he will lash out at those he tends to, or used to, agree with.

Ingraham IS a partisan, but she also happens to be CORRECT on this issue. Don’t have people on your show if you think so lowly of them and their inability to be objective, that doesn’t say much about you as a host.

Daemonocracy on June 4, 2010 at 12:21 PM

O’Reilly is totally naive when it comes to Obama and his gang of thugs and Commies. You have to be blind if you can’t see what they’re all about and put 2 and 2 together, and I even wrote him a long time ago and told him this. I find myself yelling at the TV when he comes out with his nonsense. This week when Miller was on I told my husband you could see Miller thinking what a total dumba$$ with some of his statements. O’Reilly shouldn’t even bother with guests – he could do that show by himself. He’s always right and just tries to overtalk the guest. I don’t know why I’m still watching.

silvernana on June 4, 2010 at 12:22 PM

chemman on June 4, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Huh? I never said that DHS could order troops to the border. I think Bill’s point on that regard is she needs to secure the border in concert with Obama who needs to order troops down there as part of the deal.

I’m aware of who can order troops where and I think Bill is aware of that himself. His point was, she needs to be dealing with that and not be down in NOLA dealing with this. Give her a pass to some degree (he didn’t say let her off the hook completely, and his rcent comments suggest he blames her too), but more importantly get the head of FEMA on that issue and Janet on the more important border issue, as it’s a security issue much more than an oil spill is.

TheBlueSite on June 4, 2010 at 12:37 PM

I like BO and will continue to watch his show, but Ingraham was dead on accurate in her response to Bill last night. In his efforts to look fair and balanced he totally is bending over for the Obama administration. He doesn’t have to be partisan but dont use a flimsy arguement like they didnt cause the spill so you cant criticize them. Bush didnt cause a hurricane but he sure got nailed on his response. The same should happen to Obama. Bill blew this one big time.

WyoMike on June 4, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Oblowhard is an Obama apologist first and foremost. David Brooks with bad diction.

james23 on June 4, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Del Dolemonte on June 4, 2010 at 10:39 AM

Good, correct summary. But history is lost in our time.

rrpjr on June 4, 2010 at 10:53 AM

It always is…to the Left, historical facts/realities are only important if they corroborate their own fantasies. The best examples of this are the War on Terror and Iraq. The Left totally ignored that it was Bill Clinton who was mentioned by name in the 1996 bin Laden Fatwa against America, and they totally ignored that nearly all of the intelligence Bush used in Iraq came from the previous (Democrat) Administration. In their world, Bush and Bush alone was responsible for letting us get attacked on 9/11, and he alone was at fault for attacking a country that all the Democrats said had WMDs only 5 years earlier.

And even when a (Clinton-appointed) Federal Judge, in the same Court where Holder wants to try KSM, ruled in a lawsuit by 9/11 families in 2003 that Iraq did play a role in the 9/11 attacks, the Left said his ruling wasn’t valid, simply because it didn’t fit their fantasies.

Del Dolemonte on June 4, 2010 at 1:12 PM

Laura should have her own show on Fox. She is far superior to O’reilly, Shepard Smith, or Geraldo Rivers. O’reilly jumped the shark with his sexual harassment of his female employees. Google the complaint and you will never watch him browbeat a female guest again! Michelle Malkin should replace O’reilly!

Marco on June 4, 2010 at 1:32 PM

I love Miller Time and three cheers for Dennis in taking BOR down a peg or two. Real friends tell their friends the truth. Dennis was speaking some major truth!

Laura is not going to be pushed around by anyone including BOR. Huge mega kazillion kudos to her for taking the pompous gas bag down some more. Bill needs to quick licking the Regime’s butts, and any of those at Fox who might support the Regime, and get on with really being fair and balanced. He is not looking out for me! He is truly Ted Baxter, but much worse. Dittos to Rush!

freeus on June 4, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Bill O’Reilly.

A good, solid B+.

rotorjoe on June 4, 2010 at 2:43 PM

The amount ego in that room probably burned a real hole in the ozone layer. I used to love LI, but that’s changed.

Watching these two go at it is like watching dogs ****.

Bill O is afraid of being “Imus”ed if he says anything negative about Hussein.

Alden Pyle on June 4, 2010 at 10:09 AM

Well, as long as he doesn’t expose himself as a social-regressive by using racially-charged language to insult a bunch of champion-athletes he should be fine.

The Race Card on June 4, 2010 at 2:45 PM

When O’Reily askd what should Obama be doing no one ever gives him an answer except for “leading” Why don’t they say he needs to send the National Guard to build the barriers to help the Coast Guard get the oil syphoning equipment and other heavy duty equipment they need…do something even if it’s getting hay in the water!

CCRWM on June 4, 2010 at 3:01 PM

I seldom watch BOR, but was so glad I did and caught this one-sided slugfest last night. Ingraham kicked his tail up one side of the set and down the other … and he needed it. BOR is so full of himself and so desperate to do another knee-walking interview with Obi-Won that he won’t take any stand against the man and his incompetence. And I am thoroughly sick of his never ending pimping of “Steaming Mounds” “Bold Fresh”.

ya2daup on June 4, 2010 at 3:15 PM

She absolutely chopped him off at the knees.

Sultry Beauty on June 4, 2010 at 3:38 PM

Thank God somebody else watches BO for me. I finally cut that pompous, ignorant f**k off completely in 2007 after having Tivo’ed him down to the first 10 and last 5 minutes of his show for the previous year. He is an insufferable punk.

Laura eviscerated the fool. The final question left him looking like she was not going to be on the show again anytime soon.

PD Quig on June 4, 2010 at 3:39 PM

Just like last night he said with a straight face that he was the reason Bush sent troops to the border.

So he really DID say that. Geez, I thought- no way did I hear that right. Blowhard.

kg598301 on June 4, 2010 at 3:40 PM

…do you guys really want them dealing with oil spill cleanups? TheBlueSite on June 4, 2010 at 10:11 AM

LOL! Thanks for admitting the only reason that you WOULDN’T have them done there is because they ARE as incompetent as Laura said and O’Reilly admitted. Sorry, but you’re an idiot to say someone is partisan because they want someone to do their job and do it right. I don’t want to spend my time going… “oh, on this matter the people America voted in are stupid so let’s have the private sector do it. Oh, on this matter the people America voted in can handle this situation so let’s have the public sector do it.” We shouldn’t be forced to cherry pick.

Every cabinet member has a list of duties. The Constitution sets out that the ONLY thing that Government is responsible for is to DEFEND and PROTECT. This Administration has failed at both and is jerking around with other stuff that isn’t their duty or responsibility to oversee. Pointing that out isn’t partisan. It’s partisan to say you don’t care.

Sultry Beauty on June 4, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Over the past year or so, O’Reilly has toned down the act (less shouting) and become more moderate, I think to attract viewers.

I watch him more for his guests

SmallGovtGuy on June 4, 2010 at 3:45 PM

TheBlueSite on June 4, 2010 at 10:11 AM

Utterly dishonest. The only way you can compare the two disasters at all is in terms of perception and PR. More people died but what does that mean? It was a bigger disaster, that´s what. The Obama administration didn´t have to deal with a city underwater, electric lines and roads being interrupted for 100 miles around and 30,000 people stranded on roofs.

In truth, the federal response to Katrina was totally average and as expected, given the magnitude of that disaster. The mismanagement happened mostly at the local level but that doesn´t serve to bash Republicans. The Democrats and loyal press played political games – as they do – screamed bloody murder and raised the expectation of what government can do to unreasonable heights. And now they own a disaster of their own and are hoist by their own petard. Serves them well for being so unserious when they were out of power.

el gordo on June 4, 2010 at 3:52 PM

Bill O’ is such a moron.

I used to watch him, until I caught on to the fence straddling schtick.

Hannity: GOP Water Carrier

Beck: Everyman’s Everyman

O’Reilly: “Benefit of the Doubt” Doubter in The Face of Evidence

Who has time to waste watching that kind of GRAY television?

He won’t be #1 at FOX for much longer.

seejanemom on June 4, 2010 at 4:02 PM

Thanks, Ed. I never watch BO and wouldn’t have seen this without your prompting. It reminds me that, while I sometimes see you as pompous and condescending, you ain’t nothing like that bloviating gasbag.

SKYFOX on June 4, 2010 at 4:12 PM

Yea! I was sitting there cheering Laura on! Bill is always giving the liberals a pass.

Bullhead on June 4, 2010 at 4:31 PM

I don’t watch BOR anymore either. He acts like he’s trying to play “fair” and that’s ridiculous when your playing with Chicago thugs. There is no “fair” in terrorism, local or abroad. Bill’s “sympathy” for the left is losing him his audience.

SWChance on June 4, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Call the undertaker , Bill O’Reilly is dead…

the_nile on June 4, 2010 at 4:53 PM

to organize the plankton into a class-action suit against BP.

AshleyTKing on June 4, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Bill who?

tickleddragon on June 4, 2010 at 5:36 PM

O’Reilly is not as smart as he thinks he is and Laura is not one of the pretty faces he normally he has on.

RobCon on June 4, 2010 at 6:26 PM

It was an amusing and entertaining segment. O’Reilly for once did not talk over her. The chemistry between the two was good.

chris999 on June 4, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Laura was right on the money.

I stopped watching Ted Baxter O’Reilly months ago when he got caught flipping his position on a couple of issues. He stands for nothing but ratings anymore.

I will watch tonight because Laura his hosting.

PCWilliams on June 4, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Folks, BOR has a huge ego and uses the bullying to cover for his lack of knowledge.

The reason why he is “being fair” is to feed his monster ego. By not being “partisan” he thinks it makes him better than others. He’s gotten so concerned with being Mr. Fair that he now deliberately ignores info that would force him to criticize obama and his administration.

Hard Right on June 4, 2010 at 8:31 PM

I haven’t watched Bill O’Reilly for years now. I call it “the no one else’s spin zone”.

karl_lembke on June 4, 2010 at 11:30 PM

O’Reilly can be such a twit. I bet Ernesto likes him.

The Dems have failed the BP test.

CWforFreedom on June 4, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Why does he even put her on the show, is she ever every going to say she agrees with Obama. I don’t like most of Obama’s policies, but O’Reilly is correct it is pure ideological and Laura would dislike Obama even if he cured cancer. Sad that some on the right do to Obama, exactly what the far left did to Bush. Her segment is a waste of time.

arizonateacher on June 5, 2010 at 12:04 AM

Laura is right as rain and O’Reilly doesn’t know doodlee squat.

Herb on June 5, 2010 at 12:09 AM

He’s turned into lefts cheerleading suck up.
Gets a woody everytime “O” makes the news.

Rename the show “O&O” Spin it Bill, Spin it.

Texyank on June 5, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Laura cleaned his clock!
and revealed once again
what a phony spinner O’really really is!

“Let’s Roll”

On Watch on June 5, 2010 at 12:15 AM

…Sad that some on the right do to Obama, exactly what the far left did to Bush.
arizonateacher on June 5, 2010 at 12:04 AM

MANURE!

You call yourself a Teacher–

–so then, let’s call your stuff equivocal MANURE.

The differences between the governance of Bush vs Obama is in orders of magnitude!

Whatever wrong Bush did, or right that he failed to do, pales in comparison to the damage done to the USA by Obama.
Moreover, BHO’s not finished trying to destroy America yet.

“Let’s Roll”

On Watch on June 5, 2010 at 11:53 AM

O’Reilly has become a pompous arse—- and a constant apologist for Obama.. I think he wants a job in the administration.

Travis1 on June 5, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Big Bad BOR: Too small to apologize to Michelle Malkin…too cowardly to shit can Jerry Rivers…too weak to speak truth to BHO and an administration that’s yet to represent majority America. LI has MM’s integrity to thank for her Factor appearances.

BJ Phisch on June 5, 2010 at 10:39 PM

No contest. Laura dismembered the spin doctor of the evening.

Sherman1864 on June 6, 2010 at 12:07 AM