Helen Thomas: Hey, sorry about that whole “Jews out of Palestine” thing

posted at 7:44 pm on June 4, 2010 by Allahpundit

It must be sincere. She’s never betrayed any anti-Israel sentiment before, has she?

Helen Thomas issued the following statement today: “I deeply regret my comments I made last week regarding the Israelis and the Palestinians. They do not reflect my heart-felt belief that peace will come to the Middle East only when all parties recognize the need for mutual respect and tolerance. May that day come soon.”

I’m satisfied. Who among us hasn’t innocently stumbled into a statement of support for ethnic cleansing when we didn’t really mean it? In fact, that might explain Jake Knotts’s slur on Nikki Haley. He meant to say, “I welcome followers of the Sikh faith to South Carolina,” and it came out “f***ing raghead.” Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, my friends. (Just make sure to cast it at a Jew!)

Update: Read this for background. Especially the “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder” section.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

This woman’s the perfect argument for mandatory retirement ages.

Y-not on June 4, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Or Obamacare Death Panels.

..figuratively speaking, of course.

The War Planner on June 5, 2010 at 3:48 AM

BuckeyeSam on June 5, 2010 at 1:48 AM

What an insult to Grandpa!

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on June 5, 2010 at 3:55 AM

knerd 2 minutes ago (5:05 AM)
54 Fans
Mind-reading or guessing at motives can derail understanding and dialogue early on. Because she specifically mentions “Jews” is a fact. How she meant it and why she said it are opinions–unless they come from Helen herself. I believe it is a misunderstanding only. We are too quick to jump and judge.

Yeah. Right.

Ugly on June 5, 2010 at 5:14 AM

Too late, troll!

Damage is done. And hopefully, so are you!

pilamaye on June 5, 2010 at 6:00 AM

Looking at Helen Thomas’s pix, you can put lipstick on a pig but it’s still a pig.

SilentWatcher on June 5, 2010 at 6:45 AM

What is needed is for Helen Thomas to be reporting up close, and personal, on what its like to be unemployed and clueless. She is the perfect candidate for it.

Too bad she would be picked up in a heartbeat by the Administration for a ME post at State. Just to let Hillary know there are worse witches in the world…

And AP demonstrates that you can take up a position, use humor and satire to say one thing and mean another. You don’t need to excuse the inexcuseable by saying that everyone does it… using humor to make a point is far more effective than the kindergartner excuse, and demonstrates actual talent. Kudos. I hope we can see it more often.

ajacksonian on June 5, 2010 at 6:57 AM

Helen Thomas’s employer is Lisa Bagley. Her email address is

lbagley@hearst.com

be respectful

Hilts on June 5, 2010 at 7:15 AM

This woman has lost her reporter’s credentials. It is now-finally-time for her to relinquish her seat on the WH press corps. She’s toast…either retire or be fired Helen. You jumped the shark with your comments. Despicable.

MainelyRight on June 5, 2010 at 7:18 AM

Helen is sorry. A sorry excuse for a human being.

Shiny_Tiara on June 5, 2010 at 7:19 AM

“This woman has lost her reporter’s credentials.”

Please, just when the entire world is finally recognizing that the press is merely one arm of the left. We need to leave the “reporters,” and “Professors,” and other leftists alone that they might finish the job of destroying themselves as valid, of character, or in any manner seeking what is truthful or good for America and freedom. They are, in case someone still hasn’t noticed, but radical angry demagogues with verbal skills.

Don L on June 5, 2010 at 7:40 AM

Shouldn’t she be under a bridge somewhere, shaking down trios of billy goats?

fusionaddict on June 5, 2010 at 7:43 AM

“I deeply regret my comments I made last week regarding the Jews. They do not reflect my heart-felt belief that peace will come to the Middle East only when all parties recognize the need for mutual respect and tolerance. My Sturmabteilung will do its level best to see that that day shall come soon. We come in peace. We shall bring peace. We shall maintain peace. Peace, peace, über alles!” – Adolph Hitler

Lockstein13 on June 5, 2010 at 7:48 AM

I just can’t shake how her short interview
reminds me of this compelling speaker:

Lockstein13 on June 5, 2010 at 7:51 AM

She should be fired or retire and move to the ME. Disgusting woman.

Cody1991 on June 4, 2010 at 8:01 PM
What did Maine do to deserve this? They already have Collins and Snowe! :)

Dire Straits on June 4, 2010 at 8:04 PM

Best string of comments I’ve seen in a long time…

Khun Joe on June 5, 2010 at 7:57 AM

knerd 2 minutes ago (5:05 AM)
54 Fans

Hmmm, so you don’t think hateful comments like that inspire hateful actions? What about those seven seniors in Palm Desert who played a game called “Beat the Jew”? Maybe that’s how Hitler got his start, or are you a Holocaust denier? If so, I suggest you go to the Holocaust museum in Washington, DC to understand the depths of evil antisemitism can take.

chai on June 5, 2010 at 8:21 AM

The more I think of that statement, the stranger SC republicans seem. How many heterosexual guys out there have made a racist slur about a good looking woman? I don’t think red blooded straight men think in terms of ethnicity when it comes to good looking women. They are good looking women, plain and simple. bauer, marchant, this guy. I think there is some kind of very weird situation going on in SC politics. Maybe as the libertarians talked about moving to Vermont and taking over a few years ago, these very creepy little gay guys decided to destroy the republican party in SC from within, no pun intended. Afterall, nothing is impossible in the US anymore. Who would have thought we’d have an openly fascist regime in the White House?

peacenprosperity on June 5, 2010 at 8:33 AM

Greg Mitchell, editor of the journalism magazine Editor & Publisher

I avoid reading any articles from that source because I invariably wind up pissed off and don’t like walking around pissed off.

peacenprosperity on June 5, 2010 at 8:39 AM

She’s not sorry she said what she said. She’s sorry someone caught it on tape and that it went viral on the internet. I will never understand why she’s been around as long as she has.

scalleywag on June 5, 2010 at 8:44 AM

I miss Tony Snow. He was a class act.

oldleprechaun on June 5, 2010 at 8:50 AM

Trying to think if she had said something along the lines that all black people in America should go back to Africa what the outrage would be…

albill on June 5, 2010 at 8:51 AM

Old age has finally over-taken Helen’s brain. She has stayed too long at the fair. This kind of talk is usually done among family or small groups of like-minded friends. I guess Helen considers the press corps to be both. She just can’t tell her working life from her private life any more. She did admit a while back that she was an unabashed Liberal. What else do you need to know?

BetseyRoss on June 5, 2010 at 9:07 AM

Helen did not apologize to the Jews Ms.Evil only “regrets” her comments. She does not back down from her views. Her view of ” my heart-felt belief that peace will come to the Middle East only when all parties recognize the need for mutual respect and tolerance. May that day come soon.” Translation: my heart-felt belief that peace will come to the Middle East only when Jews recognize the need for respect and tolerance by leaving the Middle East, May that day come soon.”

IowaWoman on June 5, 2010 at 9:09 AM

What’s in the heart will eventually be spoken by the mouth. Her Press pass should be immediately revoked.

Beaglemom on June 5, 2010 at 9:26 AM

That putrid, disgusting woman should be interned in a home for the criminally stupid. Only Obama and his merry band of Marxist fools could pander to such a disgraceful dolt.

rplat on June 5, 2010 at 9:34 AM

Butt.

Ugly.

pain train on June 5, 2010 at 9:40 AM

just heard the rabbi who shot the video….he says she deeply regrets it and that she should lose her seat of honor at the WH press corps….classy guy…

imho, she deeply regrests getting caught what she said…time to go HT

cmsinaz on June 5, 2010 at 9:50 AM

I miss Tony Snow. Class, class act.

pugwriter on June 5, 2010 at 10:03 AM

I wonder if Gobbs will get any questions about that picture Drudge has up.:)

a capella on June 5, 2010 at 10:05 AM

Gobbs = Gibbs. Freudian slip.

a capella on June 5, 2010 at 10:06 AM

peacenprosperity deserves a +10 for explaining the operation of South Carolina GOP politics. It certainly makes all the puzzle pieces fit, plus it explains Lindsay Lightloafers to a tee.

platypus on June 5, 2010 at 10:08 AM

Gobbs = Gibbs. Freudian slip.

a capella on June 5, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Are you sure? Seems spot on to me.

platypus on June 5, 2010 at 10:09 AM

Is she Evan Thomas’ great-grandmother?

Dhuka on June 4, 2010 at 9:39 PM

FIFY

Del Dolemonte on June 5, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Hey she apologized. She really meant she likes the Jews and wants them to stay in Israel and be nice to the Arabs there. Then the Arabs will be nice to Israel, right?

WyoMike on June 5, 2010 at 11:57 AM

It never ceases to amaze me at how the liberal elites ally themselves with a religion that, if ever given true power here in the US, would make liberals their first target of persecution, i.e., women, gays, adulterers, atheistic secular humanists, you know, the Democratic Party.

Special K on June 5, 2010 at 12:19 PM

I don’t understand why someone as ugly as Helen is, would want to go out in public anyways.

The only question is Helen the ugliest person alive, or just one of the ugliest?

Old eagle on June 5, 2010 at 2:12 PM

ANY other person saying such a thing would be out on their rear ends. Why is their some special allowance for Thomas? It is as if she said American blacks should go back to Africa, its exactly the same thing. Why does she get away with it?

Not only should she be fired, she should be stripped of any associations she has with professional organizations.

It is obvious that it is how she really feels. It wasn’t a slip of the tongue.

Thomas should not only be fired, she should be publicly humiliated.

crosspatch on June 5, 2010 at 6:47 PM

Will somebody pack up that old bag and send her home?

afotia on June 5, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Miss you Tony…won’t miss Helen

Conservative Voice on June 5, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Two pics of her? Come on now. What did we do to deserve such punishment?

johnnyU on June 5, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Somebody hand me a leather-punch.

Coronagold on June 5, 2010 at 9:58 PM

If Helen was a member of the KKK and spoke against blacks the way she speeks against jews, then, maybe, the media would notice the serpent in their midst.

AnotherOpinion on June 5, 2010 at 11:37 PM

I miss Mr. Snow . . . .

Helen is pitiful.

Israel is in the right.

Palestine with its triad (at least) of major terrorist organizations is in the wrong. Completely wrong. No fine lines here. No gray areas.

BTW,hurry up and bomb Iran nukes, Israel!!

Sherman1864 on June 5, 2010 at 11:52 PM

Hey Helen! I’ll trade you One George Soros, One Andy Stern, One Mama Cass Sunstein (Ham Sandwich Part Deux HOPE-fully Included), Obama’s Ballerina Girl COS, and a few More self-hating-types to be named Later, for those Pesky Six Million Jews that you and your MSM minions were happy to see Hitler Exterminate.

So, Whaddaya Say, Broomhilda? Deal?

Let’s see how well those four do trying to build their NWO in Tartaros!

See how well That works out for em’ There. Look For The Union Label.

Teddy on June 6, 2010 at 5:05 AM

Heh, Helen Thomas’s agency has dropped her as a client: http://www.politico.com/blogs/onmedia/0610/Thomas_gets_dropped_by_agency.html?showall

onlineanalyst on June 6, 2010 at 5:19 PM

Have you seen this below? priceless :-) It’s gone viral on the youtube.

The Flotilla Choir presents: We Con the World :-)

jimver on June 6, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Then, after Helen’s meds wore off, she reverted back to her original comments.

olesparkie on June 7, 2010 at 10:55 AM