Helen Thomas: Go home to Europe, Jews

posted at 4:10 pm on June 4, 2010 by Allahpundit

Tony Snow once accused her of stating “the Hezbollah view” in her questions during the Israel/Lebanon war. Little did he know how right he was. Or maybe he did know: Watching this, it occurred to me that an 89-year-old reporter who’s moved in elite D.C. circles for decades has probably let slip her preference for Judenrein in the Holy Land once or twice whilst among colleagues. And yet, if she’s suffered even a single repercussion for it, it’s news to me. Such is the state of the left that one of their journalistic patron saints can spend years during the press briefings belching up anti-Israel propaganda and inveighing against a “deliberate massacre” that hasn’t even been investigated yet and, aside from a few righty blogs, no one bats an eye. I’ll be surprised if even this ode to a one-state “solution” draws much heat. If, as the world’s intelligentsia insists with varying degrees of candor, Israel is the basic problem in the region, what could be more logical than Helen wanting to excise it? That’s how you treat tumors, isn’t it?

Speaking of which. To put this in proper context for you, compare these comments from the grand dame of the D.C. press corps to those of another prominent critic of Israel offered five years ago. The Hezbollah view indeed:

Iran’s hardline President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said that if Germany and Austria feel responsible for massacring Jews during World War II, a state of Israel should be established on their soil…

“You oppressed them, so give a part of Europe to the Zionist regime so they can establish any government they want. We would support it,” he said, according to a transcript of his original Farsi-language comments given to AFP.

“So, Germany and Austria, come and give one, two or any number of your provinces to the Zionist regime so they can create a country there which all of Europe will support and the problem will be solved at its root,” he said.

“Why do they insist on imposing themselves on other powers and creating a tumour so there is always tension and conflict?”

Some of you will want to e-mail the White House or Hearst after watching to demand that she be kicked out of the daily briefings going forward. Resist the urge. Drudge has picked up the video so the powers-that-be will surely see it. If, absent public pressure forcing them to act, they’re untroubled by it, then fine. Let her sit there and ask her questions, and whenever you see her onscreen, take it as a reminder that there really are ideological tumors growing out there.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6 7

Sonosam on June 4, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Simians? Subhuman?

Come through to Brooklyn and say that. I’ll buy you a plane ticket, and even take you out for some Halal before you get yourself killed.

ernesto on June 4, 2010 at 7:04 PM

You’ve just proved the accusation.

OldEnglish on June 4, 2010 at 7:07 PM

LOL…like the old joke, “we’re a religion of peace, and if you disagree we’ll cut your head off”.

ddrintn on June 4, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Really? Then they’d lose nothing by our withdrawing said aid…right? The US is massively in debt, we need all the money we can spare, lets start there then.
ernesto on June 4, 2010 at 6:11 PM

it is amazing how a republic founded with capitlism is able to send so much elsewhere

name a socialist/commie nation that has had such ability

hell, we were sending wheat to the soviets during hot times in the cold war

yeah, we suck

/s

Sonosam on June 4, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Sonosam on June 4, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Dude, that racist rant is not welcome. Please ban this wretched example of humanity, oh powers that be.

Wolftech on June 4, 2010 at 7:09 PM

For the record, I am not Helen Thomas.

Ugly on June 4, 2010 at 7:09 PM

I’ve always been of the opinion that both the US and the Jews/citizens of Israel would have been better off if, in 1947, we had dismantled Jerusalem brick-by-brick, shipped it over to the US, re-assembled it here (in Utah, or maybe New Mexico… after all, the god of Israel is a desert god), carved out some good land for them here, and let them flourish, while letting the Middle East continue heading downhill.

I’m not sure it still wouldn’t be cost efficient to do so now.

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 5:39 PM

I still think the most cost effective way to deal with the middle east is to not cower.

Saltysam on June 4, 2010 at 7:11 PM

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 5:39 PM

So despite the Jews inhabiting Jerusalem for nearly 4,000 years, even fighting alongside Muslims during one of the Holy Crusades, your answer would have been to have relinquished the sliver of land they have to Islamic barbarians, and create a homeland for them with no history whatsoever relevant to their faith.

Your idea is not good.

MadisonConservative on June 4, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Sonosam on June 4, 2010 at 7:02 PM
Wolftech on June 4, 2010 at 7:09 PM

I call a spade a spade and the actions speak for themselves

they shot hundreds of aimless grenades in the hope of killing anyone

a more callous animal doesn’t exist and I will not honor them with a noble title

Sonosam on June 4, 2010 at 7:14 PM

ernesto on June 4, 2010 at 7:04 PM

So much for the ‘Religion of Peace’

Oh, can can I order my ‘Halal’ with extra bacon? (word to the wise, if you are going to use a word, at least know what it means. Its not a particular type of food. Halal is what is allowed under Islamic dietary law. Might as well just to to a kosher deli because it means the same thing)

Wolftech on June 4, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Some day a house will land on her and the Munchkins will be freed.

Mister Ghost on June 4, 2010 at 7:16 PM

All liberal women, when they open their mouths and speak, look like Helen to me…they become ugly to the bone…

right2bright on June 4, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Wolftech on June 4, 2010 at 7:09 PM

Yeah, I hate the racist rant as well, but ban? Nah. As a redneck I’ve been pretty much called the same things.

ddrintn on June 4, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Ernesto

I live on long island and work in the city often and I don’t give an eff to radical intimidation

Sonosam on June 4, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Sonosam on June 4, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Again with the racism. Dude, there are ways of making a point without devolving the conversation in that manner. I agree, what is done in the name of Islam is barbaric and heinous, but that is no reason to use racial slurs and epitaphs. It just makes it easier for them to use to paint conservatives with the racist paintbrush.

Wolftech on June 4, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Two Questions:

1. Does she want American Jews to “go home” also? Seems the logical inference here, as being “their home” that would be where they ALL belong, wouldn’t it, Quasimodo? Or are American Jews “at home” here in America, with people who think like you, Rumpelstiltskin?

2. When are the usual mob of nuisance groups based on “identity” with the loud voices, megaphones and an itch to boycott, going condemn this wretch and demand this demented old hag be fired and banned from Captain Groovy’s White House press briefings forever? (This one’s rhetorical as we all know the answer: Never.)

SuperCool on June 4, 2010 at 7:20 PM

Sonosam on June 4, 2010 at 7:18 PM

So you’re not far! Good! Let’s go then. We can go to the arab neighborhoods in brooklyn, then we can go to harlem and you can tell them how you feel about blacks. Next, we can hit the good old south bronx and you can tell my family how you feel about hispanics. Are you scared or something?

ernesto on June 4, 2010 at 7:21 PM

Interesting argument. Do you really believe that you can base every decision on an economic cost-benefit analysis especially of the nature we are discussing?

chemman on June 4, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Actually, in foreign relations, I don’t consider economic cost-benefits so much as balance of power relationships.

As far as the nature of what we are discussing, simply because it is “the Jewish state” does not change it’s nature as a “state”, and thus subject to the same constrictions and responsibilities/authority/privileges as any other nation-state.

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Helen Thomas, the Lebanese wicked witch of the Middle East.

Meh. She’s not worth the spittle.

Tennman on June 4, 2010 at 7:24 PM

Who embalms this man-goblin? Terrible job!

Black Adam on June 4, 2010 at 7:04 PM

maybe we can get some teenage girl with a dog to drop a house on her….

ted c on June 4, 2010 at 7:25 PM

MadisonConservative on June 4, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Why not take the Dome on the Rock and put it in Michigan?

Saltysam on June 4, 2010 at 7:25 PM

When a group of people watonly look to inflict bodily harm to anyone by chance it shows alevel that does not correspond to civilized folk

of course liberals have always liked to pit suits on these creeps

it’s not racism

it’s contempt which is truly deserved and earned

Sonosam on June 4, 2010 at 7:26 PM

I’m glad to see drudge headlining her. She’ll be up till tomorrow afternoon and hopefully a whirwind of publicity may break her hip or something….

ted c on June 4, 2010 at 7:27 PM

Goodbye Helen, time to go!

GFW on June 4, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Sonosam on June 4, 2010 at 7:18 PM
ernesto on June 4, 2010 at 7:21 PM

typical liberal punk

trying to change the context

Sonosam on June 4, 2010 at 7:29 PM

LOL!! Yes, that’s obvious – just look at all the comparable inventions from the other nations in the Middle East during that period, and extrapolate with what would have been invented in a “Palestine” during that tiem frame. Probably the easiest way would be to average the inventions from Jordan and the inventions from the Palestinians, and add that to the inventions of the “non-Israel” portions of the MidEast.

exhelodrvr on June 4, 2010 at 5:34 PM

LOL And that was exactly what ObaMao was trying to pull in his Cairo speech (that was supposed to heal the ME). You know the one, the speech where he credited Muslims with every good thing on earth.

onlineanalyst on June 4, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Sonosam on June 4, 2010 at 7:26 PM

So put your money where your mouth is…lets go help you express this contempt. Own your beliefs man, dont hide them. I’ll help you. Unless of course you’re scared of what might happen, which would be understandable.

ernesto on June 4, 2010 at 7:30 PM

found this helpful in edjumucating me on israel

ted c on June 4, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Hope you don’t mind but will be praying for a speedy recovery.

chemman on June 4, 2010 at 5:53 PM

Believe it or not, I do appreciate it, even though my father probably would not.

I just hope your prayers are not wasted ones.

But thank you anyways.

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 7:32 PM

ernesto on June 4, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Once again, while the liberal troll is feeding racist troll, by proving the myth of the Islam being a religion of peace.

Wolftech on June 4, 2010 at 7:32 PM

ernesto on June 4, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Surely you’re not saying that “the religion of peace” isn’t all that peaceful after all?

ddrintn on June 4, 2010 at 7:33 PM

ernesto on June 4, 2010 at 7:21 PM

Careful. Your racism is showing.

portlandon on June 4, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Somebody REALLY needs to ask Rahm Emanuel what he thinks about these comments by Helen Thomas! And Chuck Schumer after that!

Disgusting.

rockmom on June 4, 2010 at 7:33 PM

****spits on sidewalk****

Limerick on June 4, 2010 at 7:33 PM

ernesto on June 4, 2010 at 7:30 PM

LOL. You are my favorite liberal here. You never fail to entertain.

portlandon on June 4, 2010 at 7:33 PM

rockmom on June 4, 2010 at 7:33 PM

They don’t care. They’re liberals first.

ddrintn on June 4, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Her inner self is every bit as ugly as her outer self.

Disturb the Universe on June 4, 2010 at 7:35 PM

For years they allowed these radical imams in the jails to preach their brand of islam to the inmates. People complained that they were radicalizing these men who had nothing to look forward to, but no one seemed to care.
One young student told me that if she didn’t pray 6 times a day, she would be eternally burned – starting at one end and going to the other, over and over again. Then she looked at me and said, “you don’t know what we believe will happen to you”. I told her I was glad I believed in a God of love.
Anyway, helen is probably exactly like obama. They both will bow to the princes of arabia. I would gladly contribute to a one way plane ticket for her to land in Iran, (or wherever) and stay there. She always has been a pain in the neck.
Thanks to you above for the map of the area that shows all the conquerors of the middle east (esp Israel).
Jews get a grip and quit voting for your extermination! The Christians and the conservatives are the only ones who hold you up as special.

Bambi on June 4, 2010 at 7:36 PM

WTF are you taliking about idiot?

You want me to express my contempt about vast areas of Islam that seems to not coincide with civilisation in a hostile environment

I bet you cheer when that paistinian scum rifle butted a Jewish child to death

if you’d like to meet personally I’m sure that can be aranged

Sonosam on June 4, 2010 at 7:36 PM

ddrintn on June 4, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Well i think it goes without saying that if I went up to anyone and insisted that they’re ape-like subhumans that they might take issue with it. Say it to a particularly hotheaded individual and they may just rearrange your face for it.

How many southern dive bars do you think I could walk into, calling everyone a redneck subhuman piece of filth, before I got what was coming to me? Does that necessarily say something about that entire race of people?

ernesto on June 4, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Helen Thomas must have been pissed at Schindler. She would have told him to make those Jews stay put.

MadisonConservative on June 4, 2010 at 7:37 PM

Helen looks like something I’d scrape off the bottom of my shoe.

Narutoboy on June 4, 2010 at 4:14 PM

That’s kind of low Naruto, I mean I think the things you scrape off your shoe don’t deserve to be insulted that bad , do they ??

cableguy615 on June 4, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Dude, She’s an artichoke.

moochy on June 4, 2010 at 7:38 PM

You are correct, but many of the Jews weren’t “given” the land. Many thousands purchased it at a more than fair price for the desert sh*thole land that the Arabs hadn’t done anything with. The Jews then irrigated and made the land beautiful, lush olive and lemon groves. No wonder the “Palestinians” want it now after all the development is done.

JAM on June 4, 2010 at 5:51 PM

To some extent, that is exactly my point.

The idea that we are going to spend billions of dollars and make our diplomatic relations more difficult by orders of magnitude, in order to return the Jews to some biblical “Promised Land” just strikes me as lunacy.

The land isn’t special because God touched it, or because Jesus walked it, or even because generations of Jews have shed blood defending it. What makes it special is the effort, ingenuity and passion with which the Jews transformed… let’s face it, a pretty weak-sauce chunk of land in a really weak-sauce region, into an incredibly productive and vibrant nation.

If Jerusalem really means that much to them, I have to imagine it is because of the Temple and the monuments to their history, not the dirt under their feet.

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 7:41 PM

ernesto on June 4, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Firstly, they’d probably laugh at you. Secondly, I wasn’t aware that “redneck” is a race. That should’ve been on the census form.

ddrintn on June 4, 2010 at 7:41 PM

ddrintn on June 4, 2010 at 7:33 PM
ernesto on June 4, 2010 at 7:36 PM

I see only one of these groups being responsible for savage acts

guess who stupid

Sonosam on June 4, 2010 at 7:41 PM

ernesto on June 4, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Not that I’m taking the other’s guy side here, but way to accidently admit that Muslims will kill you for talking badly about their religion.

BadgerHawk on June 4, 2010 at 7:43 PM

MadisonConservative on June 4, 2010 at 7:13 PM

It’s dirt, MadCon. The history is in the people, in their beliefs, in the structures, in the relationships they form, in their family, in their culture. The history is not in the soil.

And for that sliver of dirt (and not really good dirt, when all is said and done), we are making ourselves poorer, making our relations with other nations more difficult, and engaging in politics that I think everyone here acknowledges will, in the long run, most likely result in a nuclear exchange, if not all-out thermonuclear war.

All for dirt.

And this you consider a good idea?

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 7:49 PM

Look it’s Yasser Arafat in drag

Kini on June 4, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Of course no one on the left or the lame-stream media bats and eye because according to the left and the MSM you can only be a racist bigot if you’re a conservative righty!

Damn straight, if I had a face like Helen’s I’d want to excise that tumor ASAP! Problem with that is Helen would have to have her entire head removed and wouldn’t survive long, unless of course she’s related to cockroaches in which case she could survive without her head and considering what a bigoted coachroach she has proven herself to be I’m betting she’d survive the procedure!

Liberty or Death on June 4, 2010 at 7:50 PM

It’s dirt, MadCon.

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 7:49 PM

That’s your opinion. It’s a myopic one, with all due respect.

MadisonConservative on June 4, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Disgusting.

rockmom on June 4, 2010 at 7:33 PM

They have both weighed in and Rahm is in total agreement, and while Schumer agrees in principle, the “go home” part, Senator Schumer feels that “home” is New York City.

SuperCool on June 4, 2010 at 7:52 PM

I always thought she was Jewish herself, but according to Wiki, she’s Lebanese. The uncomfortable truth is that below the surface, almost all people of middle-eastern descent hate Jewish people, and to some extent, all Westerners. Maybe it’s true what they say, we are all born wearing our uniforms.

cynccook on June 4, 2010 at 7:52 PM

And for that sliver of dirt (and not really good dirt, when all is said and done), we are…making our relations with other nations more difficult…

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 7:49 PM

So what? If we’re making enemies with countries that want to wipe an entire race of people off the face of the earth, then we’re doing the right thing. Are we going to allow genocide to pass, or not? Two-thirds of a century have passed, and the anti-semitism is back, and the magnet is Israel. Do we wait until another six million or more are slaughtered before we step up again?

MadisonConservative on June 4, 2010 at 7:54 PM

Hey AP, can we move this down in the column? I just ate. Every time I check out the front page I get ill.:(

I really wish she would retire and go live in Gaza with her friends.

And I really wish we had an “ignore” button.

Sgtmack on June 4, 2010 at 7:54 PM

ted c on June 4, 2010 at 7:32 PM

My late pastor. Though I lived thousands of miles away, I always consider him that. Wonderful man, Zola. He came to a local church once so at least I got to hear him in person. Wonderful Bible teacher and great explainer of ME politics. I still subscribe to his “Levitt Letter”.

Aslans Girl on June 4, 2010 at 7:54 PM

That’s your opinion. It’s a myopic one, with all due respect.

MadisonConservative on June 4, 2010 at 7:52 PM

No MadCon, that’s fact. Most of what I stated was opinion, but that what we are talking about is dirt is undeniable.

Let me ask you, do you think it likely that within our lifetimes there will be a nuclear exchange in the ME, and that Israel will be involved?

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Grunchy Cranola on June 4, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Thank you for that excellent dispassionate analysis.

onlineanalyst on June 4, 2010 at 7:55 PM

MadisonConservative on June 4, 2010 at 7:13 PM
All for dirt.
And this you consider a good idea?
JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 7:49 PM

All will be well as long as we cede

Sonosam on June 4, 2010 at 7:55 PM

All for dirt.

And this you consider a good idea?

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 7:49 PM

I’m curious. Would you consider moving the Dome on the Rock to Saudi Arabia? After all, it’s just dirt. It’s the building that matters.

Saltysam on June 4, 2010 at 7:58 PM

If what you say is true, isn’t the American muslim population a grave security threat? Come on down Bedford Ave in Brooklyn and tell them yourself. I’ll go with you, excellent kabobs to be had.

ernesto on June 4, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Have you been paying attention to the imposition of creeping shariah that is supposed to trump our Constitution? It is already happening in Eurabia. It’s happening here, too. “Conversion” doesn’t necessarily have to occur by the sword for the true believers of the Koran.

onlineanalyst on June 4, 2010 at 8:01 PM

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 7:41 PM

Yes, even the “dirt under their feet”. Can you move the entire Mt. Moriah? The very “dirt” is sacred ground to Jews and to Christians as well. How ’bout the Mt. of Olives? This is the most ludicrous thing I’ve ever read in my life.

Aslans Girl on June 4, 2010 at 8:02 PM

MadisonConservative on June 4, 2010 at 7:54 PM

If that was the only component of it, I might be able to agree with you.

But it’s not. Our relations with European states are made more difficult because of our relations with Israel. What used to be moderate and modern nations (e.g. Lebanon, Turkey) have started moving to the dark side, at least in part because of our relations with Israel. We have to spend valuable political capital with our regional and global rivals like China, in order to maintain the state of Israel.

Are we going to allow genocide to pass, or not?

had we put Israel inside the borders of the US, and given them some variation of sovereignty, the idea of genocide wouldn’t even be an issue, and they would not be a whit less well off (and probably would have been considerably better off).

Two-thirds of a century have passed, and the anti-semitism is back

Odd… I was under the impression it never really went away.

and the magnet is Israel.

And we insist on pumping up that magnet with as much power as we can muster… to what end?

We could have put the European Jewry in the US, or Madagascar, or… Jeebus, we could have put them just about anywhere and the likelihood of that happening would have been less than has resulted from putting Israel in the Middle East.

But no… we had to return them to the “Promised Land”. The land flowing with milk and honey. The only problem is the milk and honey turned out to be millions of homocidal Arabs, and the only promise coming from our action is the promise of a conflict that can only end badly, no matter who prevails.

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 8:07 PM

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Are you talking about a nuclear exchange involving detonation on population centers? In which case, no, I don’t think there will be. I think the closest we’ll get to nuclear exchange would be the use of tactical low-yield nuclear weapons used by Israel against targets in Iran, such as enrichment plants, and even that is unlikely. When you have even Saudi Arabia offering up airspace to go after Iran, it’s clear that the big boys in town do NOT want s**t to get real. Obliteration of Israel, get this straight, guarantees obliteration of Iran, possibly Syria and Jordan, and possibly even more. Considering the current political situation in Iran, it’s even less likely to occur.

I think you’re going to see invasion of Israel by conventional means for 30+ years. The real threat undermining them is pure politics, which Hamas is getting better at, particularly with clueless fops like Obama leading their greatest ally.

As to your myopic opinion about dirt, you need to talk to people in this country, in any country, where their families have long lived on the same plot of land, broke their backs, and made something out of it. If there is one constant, one property that truly is tangible in this world, it is land. The Jews have thousands of years of history in Jerusalem. Maybe it means nothing to you. However, what you feel about the land of Jerusalem is meaningless. What they feel about it means everything.

MadisonConservative on June 4, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Helen Thomas’ next Job is with Al Jazzera

William Amos on June 4, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Are you sure that she hasn’t been a stringer for them all along?

onlineanalyst on June 4, 2010 at 8:09 PM

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 7:49 PM

Another question, what does US foreign policy toward Israel have to do with Kashmir? Nigeria? Southern Thailand? How about the blowing up of 1500 year old Buddhist sculptures in Afghanistan? Sunnis and Shiites? Persians and Arabs? The youngest religious culture in the region has a conflict with Hindus, Buddhists, Jews, and Christians, and amongst themselves, and the solution for resolving future conflicts that could rip the world into world war is to take the Jews and plop them onto Navajo lands like a Dome on the Rock?

Pure sophistry.

Saltysam on June 4, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Aslans Girl on June 4, 2010 at 8:02 PM

The idea that dirt… dirt… would be sacred to anyone… if that’s not the most ludicrous thing I’ve ever heard, it certainly is pushing the envelope.

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 8:16 PM

She is the best reason for a burka!

Bambi on June 4, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Helen Thomas is an anti-semite.
Helen Thomas hates the Jewish people.
Helen Thomas is a Holocaust denier.

Does anyone is the White House press corps have any balls
besides Major Garrett?

They should have shouted her down, booed her, embarassed her after comments like this.

Someone needs to confront Helen Thomas with this:

Prove to me,right now, that you’re not an anti-semite.
(And not let her get away with vague denials)

Mark7788 on June 4, 2010 at 8:16 PM

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 7:41 PM

If a squatter insists on living in my home, why instead of defending my property, I’ll just go to the expense of putting my house in wheels and moving to another lot half a world away. SLAP.

/s

Aslans Girl on June 4, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Aslans Girl on June 4, 2010 at 8:02 PM

Maybe we could relocate the entire Jordan river bed, and put it in the Great Basin. If the mafia can build Vegas, we can do this….really!

Saltysam on June 4, 2010 at 8:17 PM

for all of you trying to figure out what will happen in the Middle East – read the Book of Revelation….pretty clear that Israel will not be destroyed, will win the right to exist and flourishes beyond imagination.

Satan is working overtime – because he knows that his time is short, he wants to create much havoc, and get as many on his side as he can. LOSER!!

whatzit2u on June 4, 2010 at 8:19 PM

MadisonConservative on June 4, 2010 at 8:08 PM

I think you are misreading the nuclear calculus. I hope you are right, but I really don’t think you are. Of course only time will tell.

MadisonConservative on June 4, 2010 at 8:08 PM

When they are holding onto those feelings on my dime, then how I feel does in fact have some meaning.

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 8:19 PM

If that was the only component of it, I might be able to agree with you.

Wait…moderate, modern Turkey, that has never owned up to the Armenian Genocide? That’s a little delusional. And again…Lebanon is filled with the same kind of extremists that Hitler cozied up to decades ago, like the Grand Mufti al-Husseini. They’ve been harboring their hatred of Jews the entire damned time.

Um…except we’re a country based on the principle of independence, and giving these people a chance to have their own homeland, with its own historical significance, is a demonstration of that paradigm. They were attacked since day one, and we weren’t holding their hands all these years they’ve been attacked over and over. We give them aid, sure…but we give lots of countries aid. The Israelis fought numbers that would have guaranteed their being conquered…and won.

Odd… I was under the impression it never really went away.

It didn’t. It’s just rearing it’s ugly head more out in the open lately.

The aid we give is a financial pittance. Seriously. It’s what, $3 billion a year? In the larger scheme of our budget, that’s a drop in the bucket. How much did we give the auto companies, for Christ’s sake? Oh, and that’s $3 billion out of over $50 billion we give to other countries. We could muster a hell of a lot more, but they muster plenty on their own.

And the end? Resisting the extermination of Jews, as proclaimed as the goal of Hezbollah, as well as many other organizations.

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 8:07 PM

So the Jews took trash land, made it into a paradise, fight off the Islamic barbarians…and you want them to leave?

No. We’re not going to let Islamic barbarians take over the world. They’re already working on taking over Europe. We’re also not going to let a second Holocaust happen. If we brought the Jews here, the Islamic barbarians would keep going until they killed them. Then they would come after us for harboring them. There’s no going back.

MadisonConservative on June 4, 2010 at 8:20 PM

Disgusting.

rockmom on June 4, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Are you kidding? Barney Frank is sympathizing with the “humanitarian” flotilla, you know, the one with all of the butcher knives for the halal meat shipment.

onlineanalyst on June 4, 2010 at 8:21 PM

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 8:16 PM

You understand that buildings are important. How are buildings any different from dirt? Buildings are just a physical thing like dirt. Historically and religiously important events happened on the dirt of Israel. In fact, the dirt, the geography, the LAND is holier than any building in the area.

You got a plan to also move the Sea of Galilee? The River Jordan? The Judean mountains? The tombs of the patriarchs? The Western Wall? Absolute nonsense and total ignorance of the importance of the LAND to the Jews.

Aslans Girl on June 4, 2010 at 8:22 PM

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Sorry bud, but then you consider one of the oldest tenets of the human race ludicrous. Land is the end-all be-all of possessions.

MadisonConservative on June 4, 2010 at 8:22 PM

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 8:16 PM

I’m sure putting a mosque on that filed in Gettysburg wouldn’t bother you a bit now, would it?

Saltysam on June 4, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Aslans Girl on June 4, 2010 at 8:17 PM

You have the luxury of living within a nation-state, in which there is authority based in law.

Nation-states have no such luxury. They exist in an anarchic environment, in which there is no higher authority, and in which power is the only recourse. That may be a hard reality to accept, but it is a reality nonetheless.

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 8:23 PM

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Ron Paul, that you??

Aslans Girl on June 4, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Saltysam on June 4, 2010 at 8:23 PM

filed=field

Saltysam on June 4, 2010 at 8:23 PM

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Um, want to run that by me again? It looks like plain old gobbledygook to me. But then, what do I know? I love dirt. LOL.

Aslans Girl on June 4, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Well, at least we know why she feels the way she feels about Palestine. *haha

AnninCA on June 4, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Saltysam on June 4, 2010 at 8:23 PM

JG’s idea might be that we ought then to move the graves and the dirt to Canada. It’s just dirt, afterall.

Aslans Girl on June 4, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Why is this racist woman allowed in the Obama White House?

Oh… wait…

scotash on June 4, 2010 at 8:31 PM

PS and the last thing we want is to make Gettysburg a “magnet” for the world’s Islamic terrorists. Better to just appease them. Oh, and let them build that monster mosque at Ground Zero while we’re in an appeasing mood.

Aslans Girl on June 4, 2010 at 8:31 PM

What is equally offensive about Helen Thomas’s bombast in the video is that she spouted it off during an event recognizing the Jewish people. So proud of her curse is Helen that she follows up with a hideous grin. Such hate!

onlineanalyst on June 4, 2010 at 8:32 PM

Aslans Girl on June 4, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Um, want to run that by me again? It looks like plain old gobbledygook to me.

Color me shocked.

States exist to impose their law on those within their geographical confines, in order to resolve conflict. Thus the right of property can be enforced by lawful authorities within a state.

Within the international system, there is no super-state authority… it is an anarchic system. There is no law to resolve conflict. There is only diplomacy, or force.

If Israel can hold her land in the face of that… great.

But we appear to be heading to a point where she can’t. And considering the proliferation of nuclear weapons that will.. not may, but will… happen in the region, the price of that land is growing, and that growth isn’t likely to stop.

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Saltysam on June 4, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Which field? Lots of fields in Gettysburg. Most of which i would have no problem allowing a mosque on.

If you are talking about the National Historical Park, if some fool were to try to sell it, then I’d have a problem.

Of course, that land has never been held by anyone but Americans. Unlike the land in question, which Jews, who after 500 years living in Poland, Russia and Germany, suddenly find some overwhelming attachment to.

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 8:41 PM

But we appear to be heading to a point where she can’t.

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 8:37 PM

…based on what? Political problems? Disapproval from the international community? For someone who seems to be such a pragmatist, you’re overlooking the fact that Israel retains an extensive advantage in military and technological superiority. You’re running from Turkey, the state that continues to deny the slaughter of 1.5 million of their own people, showing disapproval of the boarding of a boat full of very stupid Islamic nutbags who wanted to help kill Israelis by delivering their cargo.

Do you get that yet?

MadisonConservative on June 4, 2010 at 8:42 PM

Haha, Israel “can’t”. Must be forgetting all the wars she won in oh, ’48, ’54, ’67, ’72…

Hey, you know who truly can’t win their wars without our help? Britain. Yeah, we should have just let ole Hitler take over. I mean afterall, considering Hitler’s weaponry, he might just have dropped some bombs on the US. Oh, wait. that didn’t happen. Huh.

Aslans Girl on June 4, 2010 at 8:43 PM

Aslans Girl on June 4, 2010 at 8:30 PM

And besides, we could avoid any hassles with the Muslims. In fact, I just got my financial calculator out. It would be cheaper to move Gettysburg to Ottawa than teaching “the world as it actually exists” to young wide-eyed Libertarian purists.

Saltysam on June 4, 2010 at 8:44 PM

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 8:41 PM

So wait…you’re perfectly fine with the Crusaders or the Ottomans driving out the Jews and calling it theirs…but the Jews come back in and take control, and hold off the invaders…and you’re basically telling them to give it up?

Dude…all I can say is “WTF?”

MadisonConservative on June 4, 2010 at 8:45 PM

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 8:41 PM

OMG & lol. Yeah, those initial 2,000 years that Jews controlled Israel (Jerusalem celebrated its 3,000 birthday last decade) don’t count for anything. And the fact that there has always been a Jewish presence there, even when the Romans ruled, even when the Ottomans ruled, even when the Brits ruled, etc. they “suddenly” feel attachment. “Suddenly” you say even though for those diaspora years, the prayers at every Passover was “Next year in Jerusalem”. “Suddenly”, indeed; you are willfully ignorant.

Aslans Girl on June 4, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Gee whiz, maybe Helen is the mark of the Beast.

onlineanalyst on June 4, 2010 at 8:48 PM

that land has never been held by anyone but Americans.

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 8:41 PM

Excuse me? Oh you mean the natives that lived there were Americans. I get it.

if some fool were to try to sell it, then I’d have a problem.

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 8:41 PM

Why is that? It’s just dirt. Nothin’ special about it at all.

Saltysam on June 4, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Dude…all I can say is “WTF?”

MadisonConservative on June 4, 2010 at 8:45 PM

Literally. That is all you can say. This is the problem with theorists that ignore the laboratory. They live inside that sunny spot in their minds.

Saltysam on June 4, 2010 at 8:54 PM

MadisonConservative on June 4, 2010 at 8:20 PM

Wait…moderate, modern Turkey, that has never owned up to the Armenian Genocide?

No… moderate turkey that was for half a century a bulwark against the Soviets and a valuable NATO ally.

Oops… I guess they’re one in the same. Funny that. Either way, there is no doubt, especially in recent days, that we are losing them, and we are losing them in part over Israel.

They may have been harboring it, but now they are waving it like a flag. Celebrating it. Reveling in it. using it as an excuse to indulge in extremism of the nastiest sort.

Now, are you trying to sell me on the idea that if Israel wasn’t there, but in Madagascar, that they wouldn’t still be at the harboring stage?

Because I ain’t buying it.

In the scheme of the Middle East, its a big deal.

And had we put Israel in the US or in Madagascar, that wouldn’t even be an issue.

I’ll grant you, it would have made more sense before they invested the resources and effort into it.

Of course, if it all goes up in a mushroom cloud… well, I think you get the idea.

You already know this, as we’ve been over this ground before, but I am not worried about the Muslim ubermensch rising up and conquering the world. As a society, they can barely tie their own shoes. They can’t even begin to conceive of the ideas and principles that lift the airplanes off the ground that they were able to crash into our buildings. If Europe falls to Islam, it will not be because Islam conquered them… it will be because Europe gave themselves away.

If the Islamic barbarians tried coming here to wipe out people under our protection, that would amount to a whole lot of dead Islamic barbarians. Nothing more.

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 8:59 PM

Aslans Girl on June 4, 2010 at 8:43 PM

Hell, I think he probably has a problem with the whole lend-lease program we had before we got into the war. I’m sure Hitler saw that as provocative.

Saltysam on June 4, 2010 at 9:01 PM

MadisonConservative on June 4, 2010 at 8:42 PM

And that advantage is shrinking, not growing.

Not exactly the direction we want to be heading now, is it?

And when Turkey develops nuclear weapons… then what?

Do you get that yet?

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 9:05 PM

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 8:59 PM

It is about the size of the fight in the dog.

And currently, they are sizing up the US and are seeing an Achilles heel. THAT is provocative.

Saltysam on June 4, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Aslans Girl on June 4, 2010 at 8:43 PM

Haha, Israel “can’t”. Must be forgetting all the wars she won in oh, ‘48, ‘54, ‘67, ‘72…

Like the High School football hero, reliving the glory days.

Eventually, their neighbors are going to reach nuclear parity with them.

I just want to know what happens then.

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 9:08 PM