Helen Thomas: Go home to Europe, Jews

posted at 4:10 pm on June 4, 2010 by Allahpundit

Tony Snow once accused her of stating “the Hezbollah view” in her questions during the Israel/Lebanon war. Little did he know how right he was. Or maybe he did know: Watching this, it occurred to me that an 89-year-old reporter who’s moved in elite D.C. circles for decades has probably let slip her preference for Judenrein in the Holy Land once or twice whilst among colleagues. And yet, if she’s suffered even a single repercussion for it, it’s news to me. Such is the state of the left that one of their journalistic patron saints can spend years during the press briefings belching up anti-Israel propaganda and inveighing against a “deliberate massacre” that hasn’t even been investigated yet and, aside from a few righty blogs, no one bats an eye. I’ll be surprised if even this ode to a one-state “solution” draws much heat. If, as the world’s intelligentsia insists with varying degrees of candor, Israel is the basic problem in the region, what could be more logical than Helen wanting to excise it? That’s how you treat tumors, isn’t it?

Speaking of which. To put this in proper context for you, compare these comments from the grand dame of the D.C. press corps to those of another prominent critic of Israel offered five years ago. The Hezbollah view indeed:

Iran’s hardline President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said that if Germany and Austria feel responsible for massacring Jews during World War II, a state of Israel should be established on their soil…

“You oppressed them, so give a part of Europe to the Zionist regime so they can establish any government they want. We would support it,” he said, according to a transcript of his original Farsi-language comments given to AFP.

“So, Germany and Austria, come and give one, two or any number of your provinces to the Zionist regime so they can create a country there which all of Europe will support and the problem will be solved at its root,” he said.

“Why do they insist on imposing themselves on other powers and creating a tumour so there is always tension and conflict?”

Some of you will want to e-mail the White House or Hearst after watching to demand that she be kicked out of the daily briefings going forward. Resist the urge. Drudge has picked up the video so the powers-that-be will surely see it. If, absent public pressure forcing them to act, they’re untroubled by it, then fine. Let her sit there and ask her questions, and whenever you see her onscreen, take it as a reminder that there really are ideological tumors growing out there.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 7

Ummmm…then no country has an inherent right to exist, since we could blast a good many of them off the map.

ddrintn on June 4, 2010 at 4:50 PM

It’s an interesting point, in the age of nuclear weapons. In which case Israel’s possession of nukes would seem to define its right to exist.

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 4:55 PM

You’ll be going “home” soon Helen, and there’s one Jew, that I know, that’s waiting to speak with you.

labrat on June 4, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Monica on June 4, 2010 at 4:51 PM

They’re leftists.

It’s truly a sick, ignorant, anti-human ideaology.

Once you remove all of the propaganda, leftism is as hideous as Helen Thomas herself. She’s the personification of socialism.

NoDonkey on June 4, 2010 at 4:55 PM

She also said they should go into the Mediterranean Sea and to hell.

Mr. Joe on June 4, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Let Helen stay there. The stink from her anti-semite bile will follow her around like a sodden Depends.

RobCon on June 4, 2010 at 4:56 PM

I sure as hell hope we are not now basing our foreign policy decisions on biblical interpretations.

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 4:45 PM

You know, I’d normally be sympathetic, but given that your alternative (posted above) is “might makes right” (to commit genocide), then I’d have to say I prefer the bible-thumpers’ solution.

And do not even ATTEMPT to give me any crap about how we’re not talking about genocide, it is the EXPLICIT goal of Hamas, Hiz’b'Allah, and their backers and the dictatorial Arab regimes that have been trying to take over Israel since its inception. EXPLICIT. Yes, they even write it down, though the MFM hates to mention it.

Forgive me if I sound a little harsh, but I’m seriously sick of all this crap. We are very definitely headed for WWIII and I don’t know if we can do anything to stop it.

Merovign on June 4, 2010 at 4:56 PM

Wow. The slime is coming out of the woodwork lately.

Lest anyone forget: VIDEO- Obama sings happy birthday to Helen Thomas last year — brings cupcakes too.

Urban Infidel on June 4, 2010 at 4:56 PM

The hardest thing you have ever asked me to do, AP. But, I do see your wisdom. Watching her on video could be the replacement for water-boarding our interrogators could use.

Mutnodjmet on June 4, 2010 at 4:56 PM

BTW, according to wikipedia she is of Lebanese ancestry, so that probably explains some of her thinking.

TimTebowSavesAmerica on June 4, 2010 at 4:56 PM

I’m curious… what do you say is the source of Israel’s right to exist?

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 4:44 PM

May 14, 1948

In November 1947, the United Nations voted in favor of the partition of Palestine, proposing the creation of a Jewish state, an Arab state, and a UN-administered Jerusalem. Partition was accepted by Zionist leaders but rejected by Arab leaders, leading to civil war. Israel declared independence on 14 May 1948 and neighboring Arab states attacked the next day.

Israel has been at war since the day after it declared independence.

portlandon on June 4, 2010 at 4:56 PM

The president saw this and probably commented on how much he wanted to kiss her… just before throwing up in his mouth. Just a little.

thekingtut on June 4, 2010 at 4:56 PM

Because she is a liberal she is tolerated. It’s a damn shame she is employed at any level, by anyone.

FireBlogger on June 4, 2010 at 4:56 PM

Press contact for Hearst Corporation if anyone’s interested in contacting them.

lbagley@hearst.com

Dee2008 on June 4, 2010 at 4:45 PM

thx. this does need to be addressed.

ted c on June 4, 2010 at 4:56 PM

Why do Jews keep voting Democrat?

PatriotRider on June 4, 2010 at 4:18 PM

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

labrat on June 4, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Foreign policy is precisely why they have a right to exist. Only region in the Middle East that supports our values. We are obligated to support them and protect them.

Narutoboy on June 4, 2010 at 4:53 PM

It’s a legitimate position.

Which then leads to the question: Is there a point past which that obligation does not stretch?

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 4:57 PM

It is aid if we are getting nothing back , it is trade if we get something in return, but as a Ron Paul worshiper you obviously lack knowledge of simple economic basics.

runner on June 4, 2010 at 4:58 PM

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 4:44 PM

We get more than our money back, in that Israel gives us the poop on the vile Arabs and the stinking Iranians.

What we should do is to defund our worthless CIA and subcontract their work to the Mossad.

NoDonkey on June 4, 2010 at 4:58 PM

For thousands of years, people have either enslaved or tried to massacre the Jews. What the hell?

MadisonConservative on June 4, 2010 at 4:44 PM

I’ve never gotten it either. At least when it happened in the Bible there was a spiritual explanation.

Esthier on June 4, 2010 at 4:58 PM

I may be a bit young here, but was she ever a good reporter? I mean, how’d she get the plum assignment in the first place?

Pablo Snooze on June 4, 2010 at 4:58 PM

The Dark Side is strong in this one. But unfortunately, she’s too stupid to make a proper Sith.

thekingtut on June 4, 2010 at 4:59 PM

I was thinking much the same thing today, with the Iran in the role of Germany and China/North Korea in the role of Japan. If I can think of which country replaces Italy in the new Axis, I will blog about it.

Mutnodjmet on June 4, 2010 at 4:59 PM

I think God might have been involved as well, but the UN certainly affirmed it.

azkag on June 4, 2010 at 4:59 PM

That horrid, hateful witch has no business pushing her Arabist notions in public, supposedly as a reasonable journalist. When I saw that video earlier today, I was seeing red.

Israel is the Jewish homeland, you numbskull Helen.

Then I viewed a softball outtake of ObaMao with Larry King, where the Idiot-in-Chief promotes his false equivalencies routine and wants to dump a decision on the world community. Wake up, Buster. The anti-Semites and their Islamic caliphate promoting allies want nothing to do with a two-state solution.

William Kristol has a wonderful commentary in praise of blockades and their necessity historically. The blockade protects Europe, the ME, and the US from rabid Islamic hegemony and threat. http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/praise-blockades

onlineanalyst on June 4, 2010 at 5:00 PM

She is living proof that some people need to wear the burqa.

Dhuka on June 4, 2010 at 5:00 PM

clnurnberg on June 4, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Ayn Rand was admirable on many levels, but she was an idealist. that may be fine in the domestic realm, but it is a recipe for disaster in international relations, as the new Wilsonianism has proved and continues to prove.

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 5:00 PM

Wow. The slime is coming out of the woodwork lately.

Urban Infidel on June 4, 2010 at 4:56 PM

Were the cupcakes kosher or halal?
Inquiring minds want to know…

Khun Joe on June 4, 2010 at 5:01 PM

See what happens when you refuse to go quietly into the good night? The WH thinks she’s still relevant and will make this their next talking point. If it was racist to suggest that blacks move back to Africa, then it must be antisemitic to suggest that Jews return to Israel. Maybe this will wake up a few more Jews to the left’s intent.

Kissmygrits on June 4, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Where are the Jews that have been in the middle east for thousands and thousands of years supposed to go?

I guess they could stick around and be massacred.

Here’s a little secret, Helen, they’re not asking for your permission to defend their homes.

JadeNYU on June 4, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Geeze that’s a scary picture of Helen Thomas…. but they’re probably all scary, so no one can accuse you of selecting the most unflattering one.

TonyR on June 4, 2010 at 5:01 PM

I mean, how’d she get the plum assignment in the first place?

Pablo Snooze on June 4, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Her spectacular performance as the scary tree in the Wizard of Oz.

Infidoll on June 4, 2010 at 5:01 PM

This “woman”(?) has always disgusted me. Revulsion is a word that comes to mind, but even these words do not come close. Pure EVIL.

IowaWoman on June 4, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Holy Cow!!

I think it’s time for Jesus to come back!!

Remember, this time HE will be riding a white horse wearing white robes dipped in the blood of the saints. He will come to judge…..Helen, will Jesus welcome you as a good and faithful servant or will HE say – I do not know thee?

Remember – Jesus is the King of all Jews.

Helen, I think you might be in trouble!!!

whatzit2u on June 4, 2010 at 5:02 PM

portlandon on June 4, 2010 at 4:56 PM

Is it your contention, then, that Israel’s right to exist is a product of United Nations’ actions?

I’m mighty uncomfortable with that.

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Anyone taken a look at Paul McCartney lately?

In another 20 years, tops, unless he get’s a major face lift, he will look like Helen Thomas, just with a smaller nose.

Luka on June 4, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Why would the White House be offended by this? Barack Obama heard far worse than this in his 20 year stint at Trinity United Church of Christ from Reverend Wright. Helen Thomas is just helping President Obama with his homesickness from his Jew-hating cabal in Chicago.

chief on June 4, 2010 at 5:03 PM

I’d say I’m shocked, but it’s so much more than that. These secular-progressives have no understanding of history. They cannot be reasoned with. They just hate Jews and by extension, Christians. She is just the tip of the iceberg. This sentiment is rampant within the Obama regime. The whole bunch of ‘em have to be removed by any and all means possible.

scullymj on June 4, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Despicable.

AshleyTKing on June 4, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Pablo Snooze on June 4, 2010 at 4:58 PM

You’re old enough to remember our President, was he ever a good politician?

Leftism has never been about ability, intelligence, competence or merit.

It’s about what you believe and if you believe as the Helen Thomas’ of the world believe, you are eligible.

NoDonkey on June 4, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Jews have lived in Israel’s land continuously for four Millenia.

I say we airdrop Helen Thomas on her homeland of the Geats and the Picts. Without a parachute.

Edouard on June 4, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Press contact for Hearst Corporation if anyone’s interested in contacting them.

lbagley@hearst.com

Dee2008 on June 4, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Thanks I just sent a short but strong email…

CCRWM on June 4, 2010 at 5:05 PM

There was a lot of anti-Semitism when she was growing up.

exhelodrvr on June 4, 2010 at 4:40 PM
There was a lot of racism directed at blacks too, but that wouldn’t make it O.K. for her (or anyone) to suggest that blacks should go back to Africa. The left’s bigotry has little to do with the societal norms of generations past. It’s self-loathing looking for an easy target.

CurtZHP on June 4, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Of course it doesn’t make it OK; it’s an explanation of why it’s not surprising that she is anti-Semitic.

exhelodrvr on June 4, 2010 at 5:05 PM

chief on June 4, 2010 at 5:03 PM

I hate Illinois Nazis.

NoDonkey on June 4, 2010 at 5:05 PM

runner on June 4, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Please, demonstrate your vast breadth of economic knowledge by showing us a cost-benefit analysis showing a net-economic benefit brought by our relations with Israel.

Because the monies we’ve spent over the years on Israel (costs) are pretty obvious. The benefits… not so much.

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 5:05 PM

That screencap should be used prominently on Halloween.
Helen Thomas, ugly inside and out. Maybe, the ugliness insides rots the outside.
Canadian Infidel on June 4, 2010 at 4:15 PM

She went to a haunted house on Halloween and came out with an application.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on June 4, 2010 at 5:05 PM

For those who bring the amount of foreign aid into the discussion as a reason why Israel shouldn’t exist, take a look at how much we give to the Palestinians and to Egypt.

exhelodrvr on June 4, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Mutnodjmet on June 4, 2010 at 4:59 PM

I think it’s a lot messier than that. Neither one has the resources or the organization to carry on like in WWII – the “new reality” is much more diffuse and horrible. If we are stuck with a WWIII, it will probably be shorter and bloodier with a less well-defined ending – I wouldn’t make a lot of WWII comparisons, really.

Merovign on June 4, 2010 at 5:06 PM

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 5:00 PM

Hard to imagine that a President Ann Rand would have been any worse at foreign policy than “idealist” Islamic “Nation Building” George “Religion of Peace” Bush.

Luka on June 4, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Hey, I thought we decided that picture of Obama as The Joker was racist, so we wouldn’t use it anymore.

The Monster on June 4, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Given the massive military aid the US provides to Israel ($2.4 billion in direct military aid, of $14.3 billion in military expenditures total), I would argue that US assistance calls into serious question Israel’s right to exist, at least from a realist foreign policy perspective.

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Probably the dumbest fucking thing I’ve read today…and I’ve read some seriously ignorant tripe.

I suppose I could rip apart your post snort it on a mirror, and publically embarrass you, but honestly I’d rather made a sandwich.

I might still come back later though. Haven’t decided.

Cheers

You-Eh-Vee on June 4, 2010 at 5:08 PM

exhelodrvr on June 4, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Yes, but the Palestinians and Egyptians spend our aid money on worthy causes, like missiles, bomb vests and Christine Amanpour.

NoDonkey on June 4, 2010 at 5:08 PM

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 4:57 PM

I don’t personally see a point where it becomes worthless to us to stretch it.

Esthier on June 4, 2010 at 5:09 PM

NoDonkey on June 4, 2010 at 4:58 PM

I wonder just how much of their intelligence they share with the US. I do believe they have much better sources than we do, especially with regard to the Arabs (although I am much more concerned with Iranian sources).

Anyways, given neither of us know just how much they share with us, your claim that we get “more than our money back” is at least open to question.

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 5:10 PM

NoDonkey on June 4, 2010 at 4:58 PM

The CIA isn’t worthless. Many hardworking people put their lives on the line in that organization. The problem is appointees, and the Agency seems to be doing the best they can under this CiC, and Panetta seems to be doing good work.

blatantblue on June 4, 2010 at 5:11 PM

Being the son of Holocaust survivors whose family was almost eradicated I have one small phrase to say to Helen Thomas and her ilk.

Phuck you.

Thank you.

skatz51 on June 4, 2010 at 5:12 PM

to bottom feeders like you, there is none, but let’s listen to these worthy people

runner on June 4, 2010 at 5:12 PM

My God, this is just despicable.

Never mind the fact that the Jews have been present in the region for thousands of years and that most Israelis were born in Israel…there is the obvious fact that the Europeans don’t want the Jews either.

The truth is the people like Helen here need to leave the Israelis alone. I have never seen Israelis go to Europe or Turkey to cause trouble. I have never heard the Israelis call for the destruction of another people.

Terrye on June 4, 2010 at 5:13 PM

I’m mighty uncomfortable with that.

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Than switch to boxers.

portlandon on June 4, 2010 at 5:13 PM

MadisonConservative on June 4, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Anne Frank came upon what I think is part of the answer:

“Who knows — it might even be our religion from which the world and all peoples learn good, and for that reason and that reason alone do we now suffer. We can never become just Netherlanders, or just English, or representatives of any other country for that matter. We will always remain Jews.”

Jews are hated because they introduced the burden of moral absolutes.

ddrintn on June 4, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Helen should go

idk

knit or something

blatantblue on June 4, 2010 at 5:14 PM

to bottom feeders like you, there is none,

runner on June 4, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Translation: I can’t provide such a cost-benefit analysis, because i really don’t understand what a cost-benefit analysis is.

That’s what I thought.

Thanks for playing.

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 5:15 PM

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Wow, that’s some POWERFUL ignorance. Apart from hundreds of medical advances including medical wireless cameras and artificial organs, what about cellphones, wireless computing (in part), advanced irrigation techniques and technologies, voicemail and VOIP… damn, man, do five minutes of research before blathering on about a subject on which you only have conclusions and no evidence?

And that’s just technology, that doesn’t cover intelligence and diplomatic aid to us, or their EXTENSIVE charitable contributions to neighbors and strangers – they were among the first on the scene in Indonesia and Haiti (I’ll bet you didn’t see that in the MFM).

Merovign on June 4, 2010 at 5:16 PM

I’m mighty uncomfortable with that.

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Than switch to boxers.

portlandon on June 4, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Commando, baby.

But am I reading you correctly… is it your contention that Israel’s right to exist stems from UN actions?

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 5:16 PM

I wonder what she and her colleagues in the MFM say when there’s no camera around?

forest on June 4, 2010 at 5:17 PM

That’s what I thought.

Thanks for playing.

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 5:15 PM

I did, I am sorry you are too stupid to understand what those few paragraphs mean. If you want to play, perhaps you should try e-date, and not HotAir.

runner on June 4, 2010 at 5:19 PM

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 5:16 PM

No, it doesn’t. The UN provdes legitimacy to those who are constantly arguing that the word of the UN is law when condemning Israel. Anyway, in 1947 it was an expression of international consensus.

ddrintn on June 4, 2010 at 5:19 PM

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Oh, I don’t know, if the rest of the Middle East was even half as sane as the Israelis we would be money ahead.

Terrye on June 4, 2010 at 5:20 PM

I read that Israel has more start up companies that any country in the world.

Terrye on June 4, 2010 at 5:21 PM

No, it does not.

BTW — Marge Schott was chased out of baseball, a game she loved and in which she had invested millions, for saying something less offensive than Thomas. Schott also had a long history of treating people exceedingly well, regardless of their background, while Thomas has been a pustulent boil all her life.

The continued toleration of Helen Thomas in public life is tacit approval of antisemitism. It’s time to make that clear, regardless of what “Allahpundit” says.

Crawford on June 4, 2010 at 5:22 PM

I don’t see how 90% of Jews can complain since they consistantly vote their demise into office

I guess the perks of putting commies in office outweigh their existence

oh well

keep voting for your murderers

Sonosam on June 4, 2010 at 5:23 PM

is it your contention that Israel’s right to exist stems from UN actions?

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 5:16 PM

But the question is whether Israel has a right to defend itself. You brought up US aid that enables Israel to do so, but obtaining that aid is also self-defense. You’re really not making a coherent argument here.

ddrintn on June 4, 2010 at 5:23 PM

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 5:16 PM

After the suffering of WWII, and the fact that the Jews had nowhere to go, I agree that the UN (USA included) made the right decision. The Jews had nowhere to go. They were given the land that they originated from.

portlandon on June 4, 2010 at 5:23 PM

That woman is senile.

ButterflyDragon on June 4, 2010 at 5:23 PM

Terrye on June 4, 2010 at 5:20 PM

If pigs had wings.

DFCtomm on June 4, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Esthier on June 4, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Why would you think it is different now?

chemman on June 4, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Did the camera have to be SO CLOSE? My word, she has the image of medieval witchy crone all over her!
I thought worldly-wise journalist liberals were supposed to be all about appreciating the differences in people as the most beautiful things about them. I wonder what she thought of the murder of Daniel Pearl. Did she think it was deserved because he was “not at home?”
Wow. Ignorant, biased and repellent all in the same package. Is that called a trifecta?

ExpressoBold on June 4, 2010 at 5:24 PM

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Agreed. Nor I should hope would be base it on such shallow and morally bankrupt reasoning as you’ve displayed.

Shallow, because you ignore Israel’s strategic importance to us as an ally. A nation that has returned the largess we’ve shown her in terms of intelligence, technology and loyal friendship.

Morally bankrupt because your reasoning ignores the history of the Jewish people, the region and the reasons that the UN granted them the charter of nationhood. Sorry, but might is not the final arbiter justice. And if it were, Israel would be well within it’s prerogative to annihilate the Pallies, the Iranians and half a dozen other nations in mushroom clouds.

MJBrutus on June 4, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Merovign on June 4, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Right. Those things are all a direct result of our aid to Israel.

Stop smoking the Lebanese black, and slowly back away from the pipe.

I don’t give a damn, from a foreign policy perspective about their charity to neighbors and strangers, nor do I give a damn about their aid to Indonesia and Haiti. Our citizenry are neither Hatian nor Indonesian.

Their diplomatic aid to us? Please. If anything, US diplomatic relations are made more difficult… no scratch that… immensely more difficult because of our relationship with Israel. That too is epic fail.

As far as intelligence, I’ll grant you probably have a case. There is no doubt they have far better assets in the ME than the US, or any other country for that matter. And given Iranian nuclear ambitions, that may finally be paying appropriate dividends for us.

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 5:25 PM

Hubba, hubba!

exhelodrvr on June 4, 2010 at 5:26 PM

They were given the land that they originated from.

portlandon on June 4, 2010 at 5:23 PM

How about the fact that Jewish people have continuously lived in the area for at least 4000 years. Does this have any bearing on their right to live their?

chemman on June 4, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Why would you think it is different now?

chemman on June 4, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Because the New Testament established a different covenant between man and God.

Esthier on June 4, 2010 at 5:26 PM

I have witnessed the face of naked anti-semitism, and her name is Helen Thomas. Mental floss and brain bleach needed ASAP!

How very sad. Her employer should dismiss her, and the White House Corps should shun her. While neither action will happen, I will do my part and simply IGNORE her, but only after I point out her “finer” points of interest to the unknowing (and likely very fortunate) souls who come across her path.

itzWicks on June 4, 2010 at 5:27 PM

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 5:25 PM

I am curious.

What is your “final solution” for the Israeli State?

portlandon on June 4, 2010 at 5:27 PM

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Let’s assume that we stop aiding Isreal and the arab countries fulfill their desire to destroy isreal and kill all of the jews there. Do you really believe that we would have peace in the middle east and with the muslim nations?

That is the bigger fallacy.

Monkeytoe on June 4, 2010 at 5:27 PM

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 5:05 PM

An economic benefit that wouldn’t be there anyway, though the act of free trade.

DFCtomm on June 4, 2010 at 5:27 PM

chemman on June 4, 2010 at 5:26 PM

You stated it even better than I did.

portlandon on June 4, 2010 at 5:27 PM

NoDonkey on June 4, 2010 at 4:58 PM

No. What we need to do is get the politicians the hell out of the intelligence community and let the experts do what they do best.

ButterflyDragon on June 4, 2010 at 5:29 PM

What I don’t understand is why we give any aid to the Palestinians. There is much less benefit in doing that than in giving aid to Isreal. The Palestinians just spend that money on terrorism and murder.

Monkeytoe on June 4, 2010 at 5:29 PM

That is the bigger fallacy.

Monkeytoe on June 4, 2010 at 5:27 PM

If Israel were wiped out tomorrow, they would only focus on their next target.

The United States.

portlandon on June 4, 2010 at 5:29 PM

The Turkish ambassador to the US is seeking “a final solution” to the brouhaha between Hamas and Israel. http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2010/06/04/turkish_ambassador_calls_for_hamas_to_take_part_in_final_solution

Erdogan wants to meet bilaterally with Putin over the issue.

The clown in the WH thinks that the blockade should be lifted so that the Palestinians are free to build their settlements in Gaza. (How naive is he?)

The Congressional Black Caucus is sympathetic to Hamas because they are “oppressed” people. (Never let a phony victim go to waste!) Do these fools mindlessly embrace Black Liberation theology that allies itself with Marxism and Islamism? (That’s a rhetorical question.)

Cyprus wants relief from the “Palestinians” who are glutting their island, even while it worked with Turkey to enable that “humanitarian” flotilla. (Nobody wants the destructive “Palestinians.”

Helen Thomas was born in Kentucky of Lebanese immigrants. Maybe she should go “home” to run her intifada. (She does look a little like Arafat, doesn’t she?)

onlineanalyst on June 4, 2010 at 5:30 PM

I’m curious… what do you say is the source of Israel’s right to exist?

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 4:44 PM

What is God for 1,000,000,000,000 Alex?

This is along the lines of the same type of crap the Nazi apologists used to justify their anti-Semitic beliefs.

xax on June 4, 2010 at 5:30 PM

They were given the land that they originated from.

Actually, if I may, they were there for many, many hundreds of years (2 millennium, never left actually), there were also some accidental arabs who found their way to the Mediterranean. The powers that be , after Britain gave up on its mandate after WWII, decided to formalize the separation of the two peoples into two nations (same as they did in Pakistan). Jews agreed, arabs did not – they wanted the whole pie, and the rest is history.

runner on June 4, 2010 at 5:31 PM

I’m mighty uncomfortable with that.

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Since when does any country have to prove that it has a “right to exist”, and why are you singling out Israel as not having one?

DKCZ on June 4, 2010 at 5:32 PM

MJBrutus on June 4, 2010 at 5:24 PM

The technology they’ve gotten from us far outweighs anything we’ve gotten from them.

Loyal friendship? You want a friend in foreign relations… get a dog. There are no permanent allies… only permanent interests.

Intelligence? Okay, I’ll grant you may have a case there.

It does in fact. I don’t look for morality in foreign politics. Doing so inevitably leads to disappointment.

Sorry, but might is not the final arbiter justice.

You and I (and Hans Morgenthau) will simply have to agree to that point.

If they can perform the diplomatic balance, then I would argue they, in fact, would hold that prerogative.

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 5:32 PM

Goodness gracious!

Sorry I’m late to the party. Someone pass the eye bleach.

July 10 on June 4, 2010 at 5:33 PM

chemman on June 4, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Bogus argument. Native Americans lived on the land I owned 1000 years ago, does that mean someone of Native American ancestry has the right to move onto my property? Of course not.

The formation of Israel in 1948 is all that is needed to provide legitimacy to Israel. Period. No need to create bogus arguments to justify the obvious.

ButterflyDragon on June 4, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Johngalt,
“Right. Those things are all a direct result of our aid to Israel.

Stop smoking the Lebanese black, and slowly back away from the pipe.

If Israel never existed, those things still would exist. That’s not just fail… that’s FAIL.”

LOL!! Yes, that’s obvious – just look at all the comparable inventions from the other nations in the Middle East during that period, and extrapolate with what would have been invented in a “Palestine” during that tiem frame. Probably the easiest way would be to average the inventions from Jordan and the inventions from the Palestinians, and add that to the inventions of the “non-Israel” portions of the MidEast.

exhelodrvr on June 4, 2010 at 5:34 PM

Monkeytoe on June 4, 2010 at 5:29 PM

There was a time when I bought in to the idea that the Pallies would stop being terrorist scum if they were able to have a decent standard of living. That only a few thugs repressed the peaceful intentions of the average Pal on the street. When they elected Hamas to govern them, I concluded right than that these are not human beings. The “innocent” man and woman voted for terror. These are subhuman hate machines with no reason to live aside from bringing destruction, death and misery to others. They truly are obsessed and in love with death. No amount of aid is going to change that, it only enables them to even crueler atrocities.

MJBrutus on June 4, 2010 at 5:35 PM

JohnGalt23 on June 4, 2010 at 5:05 PM

We’ve supported Haiti in years past as well, and they continue to live on poverty, and under dictators. Israel at least would come to our defense, and we to hers. Haiti…not so much, yet we continue to fund Haiti.

Israel is a Democracy, in a region of dictators. I’d say helping to keep it that way, is money well spent.

capejasmine on June 4, 2010 at 5:36 PM

ButterflyDragon on June 4, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Yes it does, if there were a sufficient number of Native Americans doing so.

ddrintn on June 4, 2010 at 5:37 PM