Flashback video: Nikki Haley clashes with Jake “Raghead” Knotts

posted at 7:05 pm on June 4, 2010 by Allahpundit

Essential background via Haley’s YouTube page of why Knotts has been such a vicious d-bag towards her. Part of the reason is simply that he’s an ignorant bigot and proud of it; Ace is having a field day with that, but I think Frank J. at IMAO said it best: “You know what the left imagines Tea Party members to be like? That what Jackie Knotts actually is.” (Happy birthday, Frank!) There’s more to it, though, as you’ll see. Haley has been pushing a good-government bill for years that would mandate roll-call votes in the South Carolina legislature. It passed the state House in late March, after which she appeared before Knotts’s subcommittee to make the case for pushing it through the Senate. The fact that they’re debating whether legislators can be forced to go on the record with their votes tells you everything you need to know about the state of transparency and entrenched power in SC. Three clips for you, then: The first of the confrontation, the second of Haley in 2008 explaining the reasons for her bill, and the third of Sarahcuda’s new robo-call on her behalf. The primary’s Tuesday. Buckle up.

Comments

I’m with Ace in wanting to endorse her out of pure spite towards the d-bags running against her.

BadgerHawk on June 4, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Call me Sir,do you know how long I worked to get that title!!

canopfor on June 4, 2010 at 7:10 PM

“I think you have forgott’n who you work for”!!!

canopfor on June 4, 2010 at 7:12 PM

So Nikki Haley is the Manchurian-Nymphomaniac-Sikh candidate. Hilarious.

At this point, if I lived in S.C., I’d vote for her even if she had taken on the entire Clemson football team.

SlaveDog on June 4, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Soon Kali Ma will rule the world.

Doughboy on June 4, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Will HotAir endorse the democrat if she lose to these clusterphucks?

the_nile on June 4, 2010 at 7:15 PM

Love it love it love it love it

John the Libertarian on June 4, 2010 at 7:15 PM

OMG, Youtube is filled with anti-Jew Alex Jones/Paultard conspiracy kook nuts. Read the very first comment on that top video. Good grief.

Narutoboy on June 4, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Next thing we know, she will be a trans-sexual hermaphrodite.

Holger on June 4, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Second look at Katrina Shealy?

LastRick on June 4, 2010 at 7:18 PM

I hate rob-calls, but could listen to that one over and over.

Allah, you hit the nail on the head her. This is the entrenched “good old boy” network losing it’s mind. They also know all too well what Sarah did in Alaska, to the corrupt GOP. If Nikki is just half as effective, their goose is cooked! It’s over.

My guess by the ferocity, and the absurdity of the attacks, Nikki will be every bit a hard ass as Sarah was.

Smell the fear.

BTW, the latest coordinated attack on Sarah by the DNC is that she hates the Juice, because her “aide” Fred Malek worked for Nixon, who hated the Juice. Of course, Fred isn’t Sarah’s aide, but well, facts never stand in the way of a good lie, do they?

gary4205 on June 4, 2010 at 7:18 PM

She’s hawt. Rock on, sister.

smellthecoffee on June 4, 2010 at 7:19 PM

NikkiGoddess <3

lansing quaker on June 4, 2010 at 7:20 PM

Second video,”Open Government”,and “Accountability”,
sounds like a great move,as compared to the Liberals
so-called “Transparency”!!!

canopfor on June 4, 2010 at 7:20 PM

Thanks, AP; I’ll cross you off the list.

frankj on June 4, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Drudge is reporting that what Knotts was actually trying to say was Reagan. He slipped up unfortunately.

Narutoboy on June 4, 2010 at 7:22 PM

SarahCuda————-Nikki a reformer!!!!

canopfor on June 4, 2010 at 7:23 PM

gary4205 on June 4, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Now you see why we love her in Lexington, SC? She’s a breath of fresh air. Here’s hoping the state does the right thing and puts her in the Governor’s Mansion.

LastRick on June 4, 2010 at 7:23 PM

awesome–thanks AP.

ted c on June 4, 2010 at 7:23 PM

Yeah, well. See it for what it is. It exists everywhere. Palin understands what Haley is enduring.

There used to be these fun things called “Witch Trials.” Recalling my history it seems that a few women were burned at the stake for getting out of line. Oh, right… Salem, Mass.

This is just the modern version. Have we really come a long way, baby?

I think not.

Cody1991 on June 4, 2010 at 7:23 PM

gary4205 on June 4, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Their projection is in full effect.

the_nile on June 4, 2010 at 7:23 PM

Like Palin, Nikki Haley has the good ol’ boys sweatin like a truck full of Hogs heading to the slaughter house.

Good luck Mrs. Haley, I hope you have the iron underbelly to survive this race.

Than you’ll have the demoncrat to run against.

portlandon on June 4, 2010 at 7:23 PM

There are upsides to Party Purity Movements… You learn how decrepit the party has become.

Holger on June 4, 2010 at 7:26 PM

She’s smart … She’s determined … and doggonit, she’s hot.

Make them eat grow, Nikki. I may not live in SC, but I traveled to work there regularly for 15 years and know a lot of people in SC. I’ll be actively campaigning EVERYONE I know there to vote for Ms. Haley.

jdflorida on June 4, 2010 at 7:26 PM

If its any comfort, Haley has a 16 point lead in this primary.

rob verdi on June 4, 2010 at 7:27 PM

Looks like there is going to be a Republican
Womens Revolution in November,the SarahCuda
Army continues,uninterrupted,and ever expanding!!

canopfor on June 4, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Wow, that Senator reinforces every negative Southerner stereotype there is.

pedestrian on June 4, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Knott’s should be forced to resign just for calling Sikhs “ragheads”. Had he sad that about Muslims, he would not have lasted a nanosecond.

Disturb the Universe on June 4, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Try this again!
====================

Looks like there is going to be a Republican
Womens *evolution in November,the SarahCuda
Army continues,uninterrupted,and ever expanding!!

canopfor on June 4, 2010 at 7:30 PM

She is outstanding. I would rather the Democrat win that race than to vote for any of the detestable goofs that are running for the Republican nomination, besides Nikki…

therightwinger on June 4, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Is there a clap track on that first video? WTF

ninjapirate on June 4, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Narutoboy on June 4, 2010 at 7:22 PM

That’s a lame excuse. How do you get Rag Head out Reagan. Even angry and in a hurry I don’t see it.

chemman on June 4, 2010 at 7:37 PM

Disturb the Universe on June 4, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Well…. who was he referring to here?

“We got a raghead in Washington; we don’t need one in South Carolina,”.

CTSherman on June 4, 2010 at 7:39 PM

So Nikki Haley is the Manchurian-Nymphomaniac-Sikh candidate. Hilarious.

I’ll vote for Nikki because she is what SC needs BUT if she took on the clemson football team – that is where I draw the line!

scmommy on June 4, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Isn’t there a woman somewhere that Jackie should be beating right now?

GarandFan on June 4, 2010 at 7:42 PM

I applaud her ferocity on the subject of roll-call votes. Having recently entered into the fold of the “politically informed” I can only offer an anecdote from my previous work experience.

Having worked in manufacturing for years, with “continuous improvement” playing a huge role in reducing costs and improving efficiency, I found that many of the “process technicians”, whose sole responsibility was to reduce waste, improve efficiency, and improve profit, were more concerned with making sure “the boat wasn’t rocked” or that “nobody was left behind”. Meaning that the same people who were tasked with making things more efficient and profitable were the same people who wanted to simply keep the “status quo”.

viviliberoomuori on June 4, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Wow, that Senator reinforces every negative Southerner stereotype there is.

pedestrian on June 4, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Do you think the Republican Party establishment is any different anywhere? Look at what they did to Palin. This is something that exists everywhere. Is this a sickening story? Yes, it is. But it is by no means unique.

I admire people like Palin and Haley. They’re taking the slings and arrows on their own – no help from hubby like Hillary – to not only move forward but to expose the corruption and sleaze within the party. It’s called house-cleaning. They’re getting out the mops and buckets while Pelosi only points fingers and protects her corrupt colleagues.

It’s a battle few are willing to engage in. And I don’t see many Republican men stepping up to the plate. Where’s that ‘Mittens’ guy?

These gals are like Chris Christies. They calling them out, taking names and not stopping.

Cody1991 on June 4, 2010 at 7:57 PM

This is what putting transparency into government really looks like! I really hope she wins both the primary and the general. This is your chance, GA, take it while you can.

IrishEyes on June 4, 2010 at 8:08 PM

CTSherman on June 4, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Hmm. However, he clearly doesn’t know the difference between a Sikh and a Muslim.

Disturb the Universe on June 4, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Whoops, SC, not GA. Sorry.

IrishEyes on June 4, 2010 at 8:09 PM

I like the way she handled herself in the interview in the second video. She seems genuine to me, while the state senator seems like a genuine jackass. If I were a South Carolinian, I’d probably vote for her on principle, but, with the crap she’s had to deal with, I’d vote for her just to spite everyone who’s against her.

irishspy on June 4, 2010 at 8:25 PM

portlandon on June 4, 2010 at 7:23 PM

Swine don’t sweat. Pigs don’t have sweat glands! Find a different metaphor.

PakviRoti on June 4, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Swine don’t sweat. Pigs don’t have sweat glands! Find a different metaphor.

PakviRoti on June 4, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Sweatin’ like Barney Frank at a Village People concert.

jimmy2shoes on June 4, 2010 at 8:42 PM

This woman is becoming a bit of a national hero. The more I learn about this woman’s crusade against bad government the more she earns my respect.

True_King on June 4, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Narutoboy on June 4, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Alex Jones wife is Jewish you stupid fool.

True_King on June 4, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Sweatin’ like Barney Frank at a Village People concert.

jimmy2shoes on June 4, 2010 at 8:42 PM

On second thought, maybe the first metaphor was better. :)

PakviRoti on June 4, 2010 at 8:51 PM

I’d still ‘hit’ it…

Seven Percent Solution on June 4, 2010 at 8:54 PM

Whoa! Breaking news on The Garnet Spy:

Jake Knotts, Larry Marchant, Andre Bauer and the other character assassins out there have no interest but their own at heart. Whether it’s power or money or both, what is NOT of interest is the state’s well being.

These guys and their cronies have put a red light on the State House dome and turned it into a brothel with themselves starring as the resident whores.

And they won’t stop besmirching Haley after the primary. Oh no! If she’s a runoff finalist, they’ll continue to sell their souls to retain control. How bad will it get?

Sources tell me a prominent South Carolina Republican has made a lucrative financial deal to help take Haley down should she win the nomination. This Republican has made the deal with state Democrats. That’s treachery AND whoredom! (Specifics are waiting for verification of details.)

Whomever runs The Garnet Spy blog is usually very good at being in the know. Columbia is a fabulous place to live, but no one is more than 6-degrees of separation from everything at the Statehouse. When Nikki Haley wins Tuesday night, the ugliness will get worse and worse. I’ll predict the next rumor will be that Nikki Haley has a black baby. Oh, wait…

As the blogger notes, it is pretty ironic, though, that the good ol’ boys are trying to paint Mrs. Haley as a whore when it is they who are the real whores for money and power.

SouthernGent on June 4, 2010 at 9:01 PM

I’m voting for Haley and if she doesn’t win on Tuesday I will personally riot. Mostly in my living room but it’s the thought that counts.

Rob Taylor on June 4, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Alex Jones wife is Jewish you stupid fool.

True_King on June 4, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Has nothing to do with his anti-Jewish followers, you stupid fool. Those who follow him blame everything on the Jews.

Narutoboy on June 4, 2010 at 9:16 PM

I’m in a conundrum here…’cause the kenyan IS a raghead, and Nikki ain’t.

So I’m all messed up.

LtE126 on June 4, 2010 at 9:27 AM

This is not a racist comment since the offender only invokes ethnicity and nationality. LtE126 sets a great example of how to scratch that bigot-itch.

Hats off to you, Sir. Nikki Haley must be proud to have your support.

I’d still ‘hit’ it…

Seven Percent Solution on June 4, 2010 at 8:54 PM

Sexism does not exist. Women are taken seriously in the GOP. That’s why there are so many female senators and governors.

Alex Jones wife is Jewish you stupid fool.

True_King on June 4, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Pat Buchananan’s running mate was black. That doesn’t seem to impede his stupidity. I know a neo-Nazi skinhead married to a Jewish woman. This type of linkup is not probably more common than one might imagine.

The Race Card on June 4, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Disturb the Universe on June 4, 2010 at 7:29 PM

You think he distinguishes between the two groups? LMWAO. That’s cute — trying to act like you don’t understand how bigotry works. Awwww, bless your heart.

The Race Card on June 4, 2010 at 9:24 PM

The Race Card on June 4, 2010 at 9:20 PM

I was feeling what you were saying in that post of yours, until this moment, when you started getting stupid: “NY Post monkey/President assassination cartoon that so many enjoyed”

The story was a play off the chimp attack that had just happened, where the officer that came on scene shot the chimp? Remember that? Oh, and there is the fact that the President is not the one writing the laws, meaning the chimp did not represent the president. Also, the saying about chimps is a very popular, well established phrase. You had your points about the watermelons and the witch doctor crap, but this is ridiculously dishonest.

Narutoboy on June 4, 2010 at 9:36 PM

I’d vote for her for taking on the good ‘ole boy network as we did in our county in NC, but if I got a call from Sarah Palin I’d vote for the guy polling at the bottom promising to kick out the illegals. Sarah endorsed a Rino McCain and that was when I was done with her. Go JD Hayworth!!!!! Build that Darned fence!

livermush on June 4, 2010 at 10:17 PM

LastRick on June 4, 2010 at 7:23 PM

Oh yeah. This gal is the real deal. That’s why the corrupt losers are going ape$hit! We need more of these tough women who are ready to kick some ass.

gary4205 on June 5, 2010 at 12:34 AM

I guess she gave them what for! (vid #1)

Good for her.

Captain Scarlet on June 5, 2010 at 4:09 AM

Jake Knotts is a fathead, big-mouthed bigot of South Carolina. On his next run for the Senate he needs some good opposition. It is time to send him into retirement.

SC.Charlie on June 5, 2010 at 9:27 AM

What evil plans does Knotts think the Sikhs have in store for South Carolina once Haley is in power? Changing the state song to “Singh Singh Singh”?

BuzzCrutcher on June 5, 2010 at 11:15 AM

The phrase, “Now hold on there, I’m gonna tell you” is the lefts way of saying you are ignorant and below me, that’s why I’m gonna tell you. Not suggest, or I have a different opinion, or something else.

MSGTAS on June 5, 2010 at 11:24 AM

I live in the upstate of SC. I hadn’t settled on who to vote for until this mess hit the press. I will be voting for Nikki on Tuesday.

USBB on June 5, 2010 at 3:35 PM