The sadly obligatory “Al and Tipper Gore separate after 40 years” post

posted at 7:05 pm on June 1, 2010 by Allahpundit

I couldn’t decide if it’s postworthy or not — on the one hand, it’s nobody’s business, on the other, it’s all over the news — but I liked Jim Geraghty’s post enough to want to showcase it in a thread. Some people are making the easy jokes (“Perhaps the love faded away through the years, like a slowly melting glacier”); others, like Ace, are finding semi-serious political angles; and pretty much everyone, especially on Twitter, is wondering how Bill and Hillary have lasted when Al and Tipper couldn’t. But my reaction is the same as Geraghty’s: What a shame to see a couple split that’s gone through so much together.

I find myself strangely bummed about the news of the impending separation of Al and Tipper Gore. Oh, I’ve chuckled at the man’s ability to embody the walking antidote to charisma and sworn at his unprecedented and divisive refusal to accept defeat during the 2000 recount, but nobody deserves the pain that comes with the ordeal of the end of a marriage, even under reasonably amiable circumstances. And it’s a bit surprising to watch a couple split after they’ve experienced everything the Gores have – raising children, a rise to prominence in the Senate, the national spotlight during the 1992 campaign, eight years a heartbeat away from the presidency, the bitter defeat of the 2000 campaign, the cavalcade of awards for a documentary – Oscar, Nobel – and then… with their lives actually rather quiet, then they find they can’t live with each other anymore? They could handle everything except circumstances that almost resembled normal life?

Follow the link for his conclusion. Late-in-life divorces are especially depressing to me because none of the easy explanations work. You can’t say “they weren’t right for each other” or “they got married too young” or “they rushed into it,” all of which one might have an inkling about before saying “I do.” It sounds like they simply … grew apart, something to which we’re all susceptible despite our best efforts. It’s the marriage equivalent of a terminal illness that you don’t know you have until it’s too late. I’m truly sorry for them. Wouldn’t wish it on my worst political enemy.

Update (Ed): Ditto for me.  I do some volunteer work for an organization dedicated to strengthening marriages, and it’s very sad to see a 40-year marriage come to an end.  I have tremendous political differences with former VP Gore, but as Allahpundit says, I wouldn’t wish this on my worst political enemy — and especially not their family.  They’ll be in my prayers tonight.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Oprah: “And Tipper, what caused you to decide it was over?”

Tipper: “Well I just NEVAH knew that all those bucks in our checking account got there through fraud.”

Limerick on June 1, 2010 at 7:54 PM

I’ll reach back past the Global Warming stuff and guess that Al wanted to go to Dio’s funeral, and Tipper wasn’t about to have any of that…

Hannibal Smith on June 1, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Hannibal Smith: Yup,he passed away,what,2 weeks ago!:)
======================================================
Dio – Holy Diver

canopfor on June 1, 2010 at 7:54 PM

Perhaps Tipper didn’t want to be an accomplice anymore. Now she can testify against the maggot.

selias on June 1, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Perhaps they wanted to shield some assets. Just in case.

Socmodfiscon on June 1, 2010 at 7:45 PM

Maybe she sees the writing on the wall that someday a criminal case will be inevitable, and instead of the “wife cannot testify against her husband” defense, she’ll do what’s right and tell all.

She strikes me as someone who actually has a conscience and is not a sociopathic liar.

tru2tx on June 1, 2010 at 7:54 PM

The new 9 million dollar ocean front home in California was perhaps a parting gift to Tipper. She’s obviously not afraid of the oceans rising.

Nalea on June 1, 2010 at 7:54 PM

While I guess I am sad about any divorce, I am not looking to hold any telethons for the Gores. One of them will console themselves as they sip an amusing Cabernet while watching the son set from their new Montecito manse.

johnboy on June 1, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Actually, their son has “set” in the drunk tank a few too many times, I believe. The girls turned out OK though.

funky chicken on June 1, 2010 at 7:54 PM

SouthernGent on June 1, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Practice whatever philosophy that gets you off SG but save your snark for those who are your true opponents.

chemman on June 1, 2010 at 7:55 PM

What a sad-sack topic post. Gore DESERVES every bit of destruction. Tipper is ejecting at the top of his earnings curve, before his house of cards collapses from the weight of all that fraud.
“coincidentally, their second-eldest daughter is divorcing as well.
Between that and the son busted for being the getaway driver in a felony theft / vandalism case, it’s plainly evident that their “family” is as deeply troubled as the quackery they got rich on.
I will not shed a single crocodile tear for the doubling of the Gore household carbon footprint.

rayra on June 1, 2010 at 7:55 PM

So now Al can listen to Zappa and Tipper can run the air conditioner. Win-win.

Ronnie on June 1, 2010 at 7:58 PM

Wife and I are creeping up on the 40th anniversary. I agree, I wouldn’t wish divorce on anyone. Years ago, a lady friend of mine described divorce as “death without a funeral”, no closure.

oldleprechaun on June 1, 2010 at 7:58 PM

I blame George Bush!!

Caper29 on June 1, 2010 at 7:59 PM

SouthernGent on June 1, 2010 at 7:50 PM

I’m with ya SG. The piety here is sickening.

Socmodfiscon on June 1, 2010 at 7:59 PM

canopfor on June 1, 2010 at 7:35 PM
=================================
Good on you and the spouse. MY wife and I just celebrated 39 and I just can’t wrap my head around someone quitting at 40.
But like itsnotaboutme said the Lord is good and it is because of his grace that my wife and I have completed 39 years together.

chemman on June 1, 2010 at 7:51 PM

chemman: Right back at ya,all the way back to grade 10,
went together for 10 years,then married,and 3
kids,26,22 my boys,and daughter is 18!!:)

And yes,it anin’t about you,and 39 years,your
a trooper:)

canopfor on June 1, 2010 at 8:00 PM

A little too much of a kumbaya fest in this thread.

This man is behind the biggest crime spree in world history and we’re worried about his marriage?

selias on June 1, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Seriously. When he lost to Bush, Gore used junk science to try to hijack politics worldwide and club capitalism to death like a baby seal. His agenda was clearly statism, socialism, anti-Americanism (China and others were exempt) and global redistribution of wealth. He has been quite successful in his efforts and made boatloads of money in the process.

I hope there is a huge stinking scandal behind this that will discredit him forever.

cool breeze on June 1, 2010 at 8:00 PM

He’s been banging an Inconvenient Ruth?

SurferDoc on June 1, 2010 at 8:01 PM

40 years of a high-profile marriage with a sweet-talking salesmen means it will be about three days before the first woman comes forth to claim she had the first affair with Al, back when the earth was still tepid.

sherry on June 1, 2010 at 8:01 PM

Perhaps they wanted to shield some assets. Just in case.

Socmodfiscon on June 1, 2010 at 7:45 PM

That
Exactly that

macncheez on June 1, 2010 at 8:02 PM

But, they were the couple Eric Segal used as his inspiration in writing Love Story. When Al wasn’t working on inventing the internet.

bw222 on June 1, 2010 at 8:03 PM

oldleprechaun on June 1, 2010 at 7:58 PM

Copout. The “death” is self-inflicted by selfish people.

Splashman on June 1, 2010 at 8:03 PM

She, like the rest of us, got tired of listening to this POS.

Dingbat63 on June 1, 2010 at 8:04 PM

macncheez on June 1, 2010 at 8:02 PM

Be interesting to see what the split is.

Socmodfiscon on June 1, 2010 at 8:04 PM

What will be the title of Tipper’s tell all book?
SlaveDog on June 1, 2010 at 7:37 PM

Not Wrong, But Evil

ya2daup on June 1, 2010 at 8:05 PM

I liked Tipper — or what I knew of her. And while Al Gore was and is a fraud, I would take no pleasure in seeing a 4-year marriage go down the tubes.

Of course, they’re not divorced yet, so we probably shouldn’t be throwing either flowers or dirt on the nonexistent grave yet.

tom on June 1, 2010 at 8:06 PM

chemman on June 1, 2010 at 7:55 PM

I consider any liberal my opponent.

SouthernGent on June 1, 2010 at 8:07 PM

Are they no longer “Joined in the Heart”?

The inconvenient truth for fat Al is that divorce is expensive, and he stands to lose half of his ill-gotten loot.

bayview on June 1, 2010 at 8:08 PM

good for her.

jcrue on June 1, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Al lost whatever was left of his mind after his attempt to steal the 2000 Presidential election was shot down in flames. In the 3 SCOTUS decisions handed down against him (9-0, 7-2 and 5-4) the total of nay votes against him outnumbered the yea votes by a 21-6 margin. That’s gotta leave a mental impression.

Del Dolemonte on June 1, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Be interesting to see what the split is.

Socmodfiscon on June 1, 2010 at 8:04 PM

She stays in TN
He moves to Montecito to be with Hollywierd crowd

She gets centerfold in Playboy
He gets centerfold in The Daily Worker

macncheez on June 1, 2010 at 8:13 PM

So. Did Al finally come out of the closet?

BowHuntingTexas on June 1, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Friends of Al and Tipper mentioned something about “growing apart.” It’s what happens when couples decide they can go on with their lives without the other. It also might explain why Bill and Hillary outlasted them.

manwithblackhat on June 1, 2010 at 8:15 PM

cool breeze on June 1, 2010 at 8:00 PM

Indeed before 2000 as well.

Here is Gore as sitting VP in ’96 at an EPA conference where he openly states his agenda to “invent the future” with regards to the multi-billion dollar climate industry ripe for the picking (see pages 7-8 for his brief but oh so “honest” plans) http://is.gd/cyREK

selias on June 1, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Not Wrong, But Just Evil
ya2daup on June 1, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Hit “Submit” prematurely; my bad.

ya2daup on June 1, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Perhaps they wanted to shield some assets. Just in case.

Socmodfiscon on June 1, 2010 at 7:45 PM

That was the first thing that I thought when I heard about it this morning. I’m glad I’m not the only cynical one around here….

I just figured that Al saw all of the AGW fraud stuff starting to heat up, and he figured the best way to shelter his assets was to have them all in Tipper’s name, and a divorce would certainly be one way to make sure that no one could touch them in any sort of legal settlement. It will be interesting to see what comes of this –

That having been said, I always have thought that they were rather fond of each other, which is why this came as something of a shock. It’s sad, no matter what your political leaning.

TeresainFortWorth on June 1, 2010 at 8:16 PM

I wish HER well. Him? Well, as Jonney Carson might say, “May something nasty hatch in the hair on his chest”

MikeA on June 1, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Ditto for me. I do some volunteer work for an organization dedicated to strengthening marriages, and it’s very sad to see a 40-year marriage come to an end.

I have tremendous political differences with former VP Gore

Proof that our moderators are out of touch with reality and more proof ed actually believes he is part of the self annointed political ruling class now. al gore is a raving lunatic. I’m happy that Tipper is actually still alive since it seems like years since she’s been seen in public. All the travails that they have weathered have been the result of the insane, delusional power hungry actions of al. The poor woman has watched as he has spiraled into insanity and unbridled corruption. I hope she takes most of the 100′s of millions al has stolen from the naive and delusional liberals of the world (and from the growingly powerless American taxpayer) and has a calm and happy life.

peacenprosperity on June 1, 2010 at 8:17 PM

I honestly don’t care. They’ve become rich by swindling people, perpetrating one of the biggest frauds in history.

I wouldn’t wish this on James Carville, Ben Nelson, or even the Clintons.

But the Commander-in-Chief of an international operation to swindle taxpayers out of hundreds of billions of dollars, never mind those buying into his carbon credit crap? No compassion there.

Who here would feel compassion for Bernie Madoff if his wife split? I’m thinking very few.

amerpundit on June 1, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Tipper finally had enough of this bloated buffooon.

Good for her.

profitsbeard on June 1, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Hey wait Al,isn’t that a little hypocritical of you two?Heard today that people who are separated or divorced are hurting the enviro. by living in separate houses or some such balogna!:)

ohiobabe on June 1, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Iraq’s search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power.

The Bush administration works closely with a network of rapid response digital brownshirts who work to pressure reporters and their editors for ‘undermining support for our troops.’

While President Bush likes to project an image of strength and courage, the real truth is that in the presence of his large financial contributors, he is a moral coward.

– Al Gore.

I’m holding back the tears somehow.

amerpundit on June 1, 2010 at 8:23 PM

I feel for the Gore children. I know people whose parents have split after that long. It’s tough — their parents’ bond is thought to be a shining example of enduring strength, but when they see it disintegrate, it makes them question whether they’re capable of fighting through the tough times themselves.

I have no reason to believe there’s any infidelity involved, but I will say this: “Growing apart” after four decades together doesn’t make a lick of sense. For one of the two (or both) to decide after this long they couldn’t coexist a day longer has the telltale sign of something heavy.

Mark my words, but don’t count on a more complete picture materializing quickly. The MSM will respect their privacy. They are, after all, Democrats.

L.N. Smithee on June 1, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Another separate house impacting the environment.

antisocial on June 1, 2010 at 8:29 PM

Hey, here’s a marriage that ended a little early, too. The kids were also badly affected by it.

I hate to see any marriage end. But I have no sympathy for this man and what he’s done and the long-lasting damage he’s directly responsible for.

DrAllecon on June 1, 2010 at 8:29 PM

This is not something to celebrate.

Gore really changed after he lost the election. Maybe the change was even worse in private than it was in public.

petunia on June 1, 2010 at 8:29 PM

You didn’t think it was Holy Matrimony did you?
Divide and Shelter assets before the carbon trading fraud lawsuits begin. A pox on both their houses, and their drug-soaked issue.

“Let’s Roll”

On Watch on June 1, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Damn Ed and Allah……….Now I can`t be snarky. I`d hate myself if I did.

ThePrez on June 1, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Y’know, I’m sad for them, too. But I don’t think being sad for someone entirely precludes jokes. My best man still likes to remind me that the robe I got him for being in my wedding party lasted longer than my marriage.

mikeyboss on June 1, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Proof that our moderators are out of touch with reality

peacenprosperity on June 1, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Agreed. Allahpundit and Ed should be digging like the National Enquirer rather than wringing their hankies.

cool breeze on June 1, 2010 at 8:32 PM

This is very sad news. I don’t see how you could ever walk away from 40 years.

petunia on June 1, 2010 at 8:29 PM

hmmm. I wonder.

Bee on June 1, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Not to mention this man, and by extension Tipper, came thisclose to stealing an entire presidential election. Seriously, I’m stunned at the level of fru-fru shee-shee, touchy-feely stuff on here about this.

SouthernGent on June 1, 2010 at 8:35 PM

The only way most people could walk away from forty years of marriage is if they were walking to someone.

bloggless on June 1, 2010 at 8:38 PM

I am already checking upcoming books on Amazon.com for Tipper’s Tell All. That’s going to be a good one.

seanrobins on June 1, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Well, she finally had enough of his bullsh*t. He’s nothing but a big overgown child of privilege and has never worked in his life so he makes his money without working. How? I only have suspicions. Good luck to her.

LarryG on June 1, 2010 at 8:44 PM

I’m sure we’ll find out more in the weeks to come. Maybe Al is out trolling for chicks with John Edwards.

Philly on June 1, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Al Gore invented divorce.

Labamigo on June 1, 2010 at 8:49 PM

but if you’ve hung together 40 flippin’ years, the only reason to separate, is cuz’ somebody REALLY, REALLY wants to sc*&$w somebody else.

Chewy the Lab on June 1, 2010 at 7:31 PM
I wish this were the only reason. Often mental illness is to blame, too, and it just gets worse with age.

John the Libertarian on June 1, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Yup, agreed. Just one question?
Which one is mentally ill?

I’m sorry to be cynical, but I gotta believe there’s been schtuff going on behind the scene for for-evah, and they stuck it out for political expediency…sorry for the cynicism.
I don’t particularly care, btw, but it’s just that whole hypocracy thingy.

Chewy the Lab on June 1, 2010 at 8:55 PM

Chewy, I agree. I think Big Al is more crazy than most anyone.

Philly on June 1, 2010 at 8:57 PM

This might be the first time in the last eighteen years when I can’t bring myself to mock Gore. Tomorrow, of course, is a different day. But for today, Gore actually has my sympathy.

Physics Geek on June 1, 2010 at 8:58 PM

Bush!

SlaveDog on June 1, 2010 at 9:07 PM

Physics Geek on June 1, 2010 at 8:58 PM

I wouldn’t wish this on them, but I’m not going to be overly sympathetic absent some facts either. There’s always a reason, and I suspect it’s rarely simply an amiable breakup after 40 years, when one party is cavorting around the globe, the subject of international adoration and millions of dollars and power, no doubt signing autographs for countless doe-eyed eco-groupie-wannabies, etc.

Sad to see it end, but for me, I’ll withhold my sympathies for one party or the other for the moment.

Midas on June 1, 2010 at 9:22 PM

cool breeze on June 1, 2010 at 8:32 PM

I wouldn’t go that far. But I do believe our hosts are (inadvertently) downplaying the extent of malfeasance perpetrated by Al over the years. Living an excessive lifestyle and flying around in a private jet to scare everybody with bad science. He relished the life he was living after he lost the electoral vote (which is how we ultimately choose the President in this country, loser!). His wife didn’t want this. You mean to tell me that after 40 years there isn’t some degree of selfishness involved?

But hey, that’s just me.

manwithblackhat on June 1, 2010 at 9:24 PM

After 40 years together it is a bit depressing, for those of us who believe in the institution of marriage, to hear of the Gores’ separation. But perhaps separation is better than what they have been experiencing. I reserve the right to modify my sympathy if he hooks up with a significantly younger woman.
Randy

williars on June 1, 2010 at 9:27 PM

It was hard to stay married after Algore became Lord of all climates.

d1carter on June 1, 2010 at 9:29 PM

I thought I was just going to post something to the effect that Tipper did not want to be an accomplice to the lies and trillion dollar fraud that the goracle is planning, then I would leave.

After reading many of the comments here I realize I’m not the only one who thinks she may have a conscience.

VibrioCocci on June 1, 2010 at 9:29 PM

I don’t believe people who have been married for 4 decades and who have children and grandchildren together (not to mention God knows how many residences in which to live separately, a la Clinton) would split for any reason other than that one of them wants to be with someone else. Call me a realist.

Infidoll on June 1, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Thanks for the Al Bore post, hope it helps me sleep tonight. I saved it for last as I am going to bed now. Wondering how Tipper survived 4 decades without almost being *yawn* literally bored to death!!

cableguy615 on June 1, 2010 at 9:34 PM

Al Gore invented divorce.

Labamigo on June 1, 2010 at 8:49 PM

…on the internet.’

/which makes him about 20yrs too late on that claim, too.

rayra on June 1, 2010 at 9:36 PM

So now Al can listen to Zappa and Tipper can run the air conditioner. Win-win.

Ronnie on June 1, 2010 at 7:58 PM

…and THAT’S an ultimate win from Ronnie. I bow to the master.

HAnthonyWayne on June 1, 2010 at 9:43 PM

I’ve been disappointed to see some Twitter friends making jokes about this, especially ones that claim to be Christians. I am trying to love my enemy here, and love “does not rejoice in evil.” God help them during this time.

$0.02

Kelli_D on June 1, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Obviously, while Gore IS good enough to save the Earth, he apparantly isn’t good enough to save his marriage.

g8trman307 on June 1, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Al Gore is a shameless fraud and con artist who is almost single-handedly responsible for billions upon billions of wasted/stolen tax dollars, not to mention the brainwashing our children have gotten and continue to get in school, all in the name of global warming.

Tipper, let us not forget, spearheaded the rock/metal/rap witch hunt back in the 80s.

How anyone can shed a tear over the circumstances of these two slimeballs is beyond me.

Cnation on June 1, 2010 at 9:47 PM

After 40 years, I just don’t understand why things can’t be worked out a bit better than this.

Esthier on June 1, 2010 at 9:47 PM

I blame Clinton – he was a bad influence on Gore. My guess is Goracle’s ego got too big and he started screwing around and Tipper finally got fed up with it. To save his reputation, he bought her the oceanside mansion and $100 million and she had to sign a confidentiality agreement and they came up with this “growing apart” crap. If there’s anything the past couple of years have convinced me is liberals are snakes, liars, phonies, and hypocrites. Other than that, they’re great people.

PatMac on June 1, 2010 at 9:48 PM

I’ll save my emotion until the real reason for this split is eventually disclosed. Gore BS’d his way through an entire political and post-political career, but now I have to take this story at face value? Nah.

joejm65 on June 1, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Wait for the other shoe…

mankai on June 1, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Gore’s been off on his own, chasing vainglorious Me-ness for most of their marriage. He’s finally home — in her house — and she probably figured out what she always suspected: she just doesn’t like the guy, and he doesn’t even know who she is.

Sad.

Jaibones on June 1, 2010 at 7:38 PM

That’s so insightful, it’s actually scary!

Nicely done.

massrighty on June 1, 2010 at 10:27 PM

“What God has joined together, let no man put asunder.” For that reason, and that reason only, I’m sorry to see their marriage end.

As for the reason: the Pig has been slowly overtaken the Man and Bear for 10 years now**, to the point that he’s had his snout buried in the trough for the last three years or so. Maybe Tipper just couldn’t stand the smell any more.

** In truth, I’m not all that sure there was ever any “man” in there at all. That disgusting kiss in 2000 — I was smoother than that with my first kiss, when I was 14. And as for the bear… well, with that beard and gut right after the 2000 loss, he DID look a little like a fat bear. But now, when he talks all I can hear is “oink, oink, oink”.

RegularJoe on June 1, 2010 at 10:49 PM

She is cashing in after 40 years of disappointment and boredom. She will get half of his income from Current TV, his awards, his DVD sales, his numerous carbon credit scams, his salary from numerous board memberships on scores of green companies, and probably half of his real estate holdings. I would guess offhand 60 Million bucks, maybe more if the market ever perks up.

I will laugh when Al tries to pay in Carbon Credits.

BelchSpeak on June 1, 2010 at 10:49 PM

Why is it the idea that Al was playing around on Tipper just does not come to mind.

Oleta on June 1, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Jaibones on June 1, 2010 at 7:38 PM

That’s an awful but persuasive image.

Kralizec on June 1, 2010 at 11:42 PM

I do hope she follows the divorce with a tell all book that exposes Al’s fraudulent schemes to make money off global warming lies.

jediwebdude on June 2, 2010 at 12:39 AM

And I’m supposed to feel something because they are undoing a simple legal procedure people refer to as “marriage”? PUH and LEEZE

SouthernGent on June 1, 2010 at 7:50 PM

I dunno SG, seems like a lot of gays are putting a ton of importance into being able to enter that “legal procedure”.

hawkdriver on June 2, 2010 at 12:56 AM

Jaibones on June 1, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Had the unfortunate duty of supporting Tippers trip to Nicaragua after Hurricane Mitch. She’s no prize herself.

hawkdriver on June 2, 2010 at 12:58 AM

And ditto for me too. I don’t care who you are (even a pompous blow-hard) divorce after 40 yrs is just sad. But Allah, no one just “grows apart”. You commit for a lifetime, despite any changes either of you might make. Or you don’t.

winewife on June 2, 2010 at 1:43 AM

He’s been banging an Inconvenient Ruth?

SurferDoc on June 1, 2010 at 8:01 PM

Can’t blame him. That robe Justice Ginsburg wears is as sexy as a burqa.

Seriously, SurferDoc, I was empathizing with the Gores as my marriage broke up unexpectedly last year — until you made me snort from laughing so hard. Thanks, Doc!

Terrie on June 2, 2010 at 2:14 AM

He’s a politician. The reason for this will be along shortly. We should not judge until we read the real story in the Enquirer

virgo on June 2, 2010 at 3:13 AM

Tipper finally told Al his “carbon footprint” was too small…

albill on June 2, 2010 at 7:59 AM

Tipper must have caught Al and a polar bear in a compromising situation.

la.rt.wngr on June 2, 2010 at 8:09 AM

Two things,

Their carbon footprint will increase massively: 2 jets, two homes, et al

And the most important point:

Who is getting custody of ManBearPig?

JP1986UM on June 2, 2010 at 8:35 AM

Been divorced, wouldn’t wish it on anyone. Who buys a $9 million mansion and then decides the marriage is over?

scalleywag on June 2, 2010 at 8:47 AM

RealClearPolitics is reporting that CBS says the reason for the Gore’s divorce is due to Gore losing to Bush in 2000.

In other words……wait for it……wait for it

BLAME BOOOOOOOOSH!!!!!!

pilamaye on June 2, 2010 at 9:26 AM

We ask for respect for our privacy and that of our family.

Algore’s been running around the world promoting his AGW scam that would cost us (and earn him) billions of dollars.

Now he wants “privacy”.

I’m not feeling it.

pain train on June 2, 2010 at 10:08 AM

Get ready for it…it’s Bush’s fault. Sally Quinn just said so.

Kissmygrits on June 2, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Only a few people know the truth about their problems, and I’m not one of them. However, here is a healthy dose of speculation: 1. they didn’t “grow apart”- they had problems for years, but stuck together in hopes of a presidency- now those hopes are dashed since he is now simply a joke; 2. He’s been sticking parts of his anatomy into other women for years. Probably not too far behind John Edwards, in vagina counts… he probably got caught; 3. She got tired of his b*llsh*t… and 4. his real weenie didn’t match his airbrushed manhood (cover of Rolling Stones, circa 1999).

lionheart on June 2, 2010 at 11:51 AM

I hope she doesn’t write a book, I always thought Tipper had a lot of class.

kg598301 on June 2, 2010 at 1:42 PM

$50,000,000.00

That’s Tipper’s half of the family fortune…

Khun Joe on June 2, 2010 at 2:59 PM