Quotes of the day

posted at 9:30 pm on May 31, 2010 by Allahpundit

Those likely gains would seem to be good news for the Senate minority leader, Mitch McConnell (Ky.). But the prospects of Paul, Angle and other “true believers” in the Senate will almost certainly make it more difficult for McConnell to assert the rigid voting discipline that GOP strategists credit with bringing Republicans back from the brink of political extinction over the past 18 months…

It’s worth noting that GOP moderates — a dying breed in recent years — are likely to get reinforcements of their own. Reps. Mark Kirk (Ill.) and Mike Castle (Del.) built voting records in the House that placed them squarely at the center of that chamber, and it’s hard to see much changing if they are elected to the Senate. They would join the likes of Sens. Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins of Maine and, increasingly, Scott Brown of Massachusetts in forming a legitimate — and powerful — moderate wing in the world’s greatest deliberative body.

“The role of ‘moderates’ will face extinction,” predicted one leading GOP moderate, referring to the impact of Paul and other tea partiers being elected.

***
On many issues, such as guns, taxes, and immigration, Southern and Western conservatives come out in the same place. They get there, however, by different means. The fundamental distinction is between a politics based on social and cultural issues and one based on economics. Southern conservatives care about government’s moral stance but don’t mind when it spends freely on behalf of their constituents. Western conservatives, by contrast, are soft-libertarians who want government out of people’s way on principle. Southern Republicans are guided by the Bible. Western Republicans read the Constitution. Seen in historical terms, it’s the difference between a movement descended from George Wallace and one that harks back to Barry Goldwater.

The GOP’s Western tone of recent months summons the ghosts of Goldwater’s disastrous but transformational presidential campaign of 1964. Goldwater didn’t care about religion—he was a Jewish Episcopalian who once said that Jerry Falwell deserved a kick in the nuts. He wasn’t focused on racial politics—there aren’t many black people in Arizona. What mattered to him was limiting government and preserving liberty. To Goldwater, political freedom was inseparable from economic freedom, a view distilled in his most famous phrase, “extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.” To call this politics Western is a matter of its Bonanza style as well as its anti-statist substance. Goldwater boasted a Navajo tattoo and liked flying planes, shooting guns, and playing the tables in Las Vegas. Western conservatism succeeded on a national scale when Ronald Reagan kept the cowboy look while easing up on Goldwater’s honorable, self-defeating consistency…

Palin and Beck are terrific entertainers and the Tea Party is a great show, all of which has made the conservative movement fun to watch lately. But cowboy-style constitutional fundamentalism is unlikely to prove a winning philosophy for Republicans beyond 2010. For that, they need a conservatism that hasn’t been in evidence lately—a version that’s not Western or Southern, but instead tolerant, moderate, and mainstream.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6

I can think of a million ‘quotes’ by people that they later repudiated.
And I think the onus is on you to prove he wasn’t.

Lanceman on June 1, 2010 at 12:28 AM

Did you read the other parts of my post? Social justice. Margaret Sanger Planned Parenthood award. Comments in favor of redistribution of wealth. Anti war. Connection to communists. Calling the RNC racist. Openly supporting Democrat presidents. Anti capitalism statements.

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Jenfidel on June 1, 2010 at 12:28 AM

Good article, I remember reading it. But still, no proof.

Free Constitution on June 1, 2010 at 12:36 AM

North American Owls

I have a Barred owl that hangs out near my house. It may explain the absence of my chipmunks and skinks.

Inanemergencydial on June 1, 2010 at 12:28 AM

Maybe it’s the Elf Owl. It looks like the one in the pics you sent me.

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Good article, I remember reading it. But still, no proof.

Free Constitution on June 1, 2010 at 12:36 AM

yep

not much there, there

blatantblue on June 1, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Does that sound like the quote of a Republican?

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 12:25 AM

I’m sure we could come up with a lot of quotes from other black leaders who happen to be Republican, in which said quotes don’t necessarily ‘sound Republican.’

We could start with Colin Powell or Michael Steele, if you want to play that game.

Midas on June 1, 2010 at 12:37 AM

Clearly, you did not follow the link and read the full quote or the context. Sheesh!

LEBA on June 1, 2010 at 12:35 AM

Yes, I did. Where do you think I got it from anyways?

Sounds like you’re quoting Jackson or Sharpton. ‘Social justice’ and ‘human rights’ are buzzwords of leftists.

Lanceman on June 1, 2010 at 12:33 AM

Are you trying to prove my point now? I was referencing a quote of MLK talking about “social justice.”

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 12:37 AM

Connection to communists.

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Aren’t you a Soviet on your stance on individual liberty? Sorry, but the “I want to lock people up that I don’t agree with” bit is NOT any part of Republicanism I want to be associated with.

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 12:37 AM

canopfor on June 1, 2010 at 12:18 AM
===================
They are tough people up here. The cold was brutal. But, the other day I heard someone whining about it being hot and it was 72. I thought, try Texas in August and then get back to me.

TXMomof3 on June 1, 2010 at 12:22 AM

TXMomof3: Actually your right,we had about 3 days around
80,had to turn on the air-conditioner on—:)

canopfor on June 1, 2010 at 12:38 AM

I’m sure we could come up with a lot of quotes from other black leaders who happen to be Republican, in which said quotes don’t necessarily ’sound Republican.’

Midas on June 1, 2010 at 12:37 AM

Then it’s just a hollow victory for you, because he wouldn’t be a conservative.

Show me documents that prove his political affiliation then.

You guys are a hoot. The guy openly supports the Democrats and calls the Republican challenger and their convention a “frenzied wedding of the KKK and radical right” and you’re still trying to argue he was a Republican. Delusional.

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 12:39 AM

I read that along time ago. It doesn’t actually prove anything. The whole argument is basically this: He’s a Republican because Republicans were the good one’s and the Democrats were bad. That’s a poor argument. Just because the Democrats weren’t actually working in his favor, doesn’t mean he was a Republican.

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 12:32 AM

Do you think MLK Jr. would support your idea of putting certain people in camps? Support this with quotes.

Good Solid B-Plus on June 1, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 12:37 AM

I view all your points as suspect.
And I already spoke of future repudiation.

Lanceman on June 1, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Good article, I remember reading it. But still, no proof.

Free Constitution on June 1, 2010 at 12:36 AM

yep

not much there, there

blatantblue on June 1, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Maybe not, but it’s about as much “proof” as Cartoonboy is producing that MLK wasn’t a Republican.
It’s a fact that the Southern DEMOCRATS fought the passage of the Civil Rights Act and civil rights legislation.
It’s also a fact that the DEMOCRAT JFK and his brother Bobby had MLK wire-tapped by the FBI.

Jenfidel on June 1, 2010 at 12:40 AM

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Are you suggesting that we are delusional to think you’re a Republican? Come on, spill the beans. What are you? Green?

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 12:40 AM

Good Solid B-Plus on June 1, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Dang it, I want the documents!

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 12:41 AM

I view all your points as suspect.
And I already spoke of future repudiation.

Lanceman on June 1, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Future repudiation? You act like there was 30 years in between there or something. You realize he didn’t live very long during his days in the civil rights limelight?

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 12:41 AM

Do I need to start the drums?

Dire Straits on June 1, 2010 at 12:23 AM
=========================
Do it! ;-)

Jenfidel on June 1, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Jenfidel: Heres the translation!!

Boom..Boom.da Boom Boom Da da Boom Boom Boom

canopfor on June 1, 2010 at 12:41 AM

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 12:36 AM

NO. He was not speaking of redistribution of wealth! He said, and I quote, “..We must recognize that the problems of neither racial nor economic justice can not be solved without a radical redistribution of political and economic power.” MLK, Jr.

Get it right. Don’t put words in MLK’s mouth.

LEBA on June 1, 2010 at 12:42 AM

Hon, McCain’s a special case (“case” being the operative word).
I’ve never been able to figure out what or why he’s voting on an issue…Liberal? Conservative? Democrat? Republican?

McCain’s a party of one.

Jenfidel on June 1, 2010 at 12:20 AM

In the good old days, anyway. Now even McCain is doing his best Rush Limbaugh impersonation. I really don’t want to spend any more time calling out Republicans on this, though.

Not directed at you, I just don’t want to make a seperate post. The Democrats, following Obama’s lead, have become just as radicalized as the Republicans and the media gives them a pass. It seems like there’s a dozen of these columns calling for GOP moderation every week, and for good reason, but where are the articles calling for a return to the Democrat center? Maybe I’ve just missed them, but even Hotair can’t seem to find them.

RightOFLeft on June 1, 2010 at 12:42 AM

Boom..Boom.da Boom Boom Da da Boom Boom Boom

canopfor on June 1, 2010 at 12:41 AM

copy and paste

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 12:42 AM

Get it right. Don’t put words in MLK’s mouth.

LEBA on June 1, 2010 at 12:42 AM
Fixed it for me. SHEESH!

LEBA on June 1, 2010 at 12:43 AM

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 12:40 AM

I remember he’s supports a new alcohol prohibition and is a staunch supporter of the drug war. As I said, he’s got an authoritarian streak. As long as the state doesn’t oppress by race, it’s cool I guess.

Free Constitution on June 1, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Get it right. Don’t put words in MLK’s mouth.

LEBA on June 1, 2010 at 12:42 AM

“We must recognize that the problems of neither racial nor economic justice can not be solved without a radical redistribution of political and economic power.”

You’re an idiot, LEBA.

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 12:44 AM

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 12:41 AM

So he just didn’t live long enough for his “road to Damascus” moment re: gulags for Southerners, racists and other thought-criminals?

Got it.

Good Solid B-Plus on June 1, 2010 at 12:44 AM

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 12:41 AM

Yeah. Johnson’s FBI saw to that.

Lanceman on June 1, 2010 at 12:44 AM

Maybe I’ve just missed them, but even Hotair can’t seem to find them.

RightOFLeft on June 1, 2010 at 12:42 AM

That’s because the pundits at HA realize that the inflammatory stuff gets comments/traffic.

If you posted an article (assuming they exist) about how the Democrats need to find their center, we’d all be saying, “Yep” and be done with it.

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 12:44 AM

Free Constitution on June 1, 2010 at 12:43 AM

He wants to lock people up that disagree with him. Tad authoritarian?

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 12:45 AM

Cartoonoboy on June 1, 2010 at 12:39 AM

King was 100% wrong about this. (He was not an infallible god, like Maobama).
There were no KKKs at the 1964 Republican Convention.
The KKK are almost, to a man, Democrats.
Secondly, Goldwater opposed passaged of the CRA for the same reasons Rand Paul gave: it was federalist ovvereach and involved the government commandeering of private property and businesses.
Goldwater was in favor and lobbied for civil rights legislation on a state-by-state basis where it really belonged.

Jenfidel on June 1, 2010 at 12:45 AM

Yeah. Johnson’s FBI saw to that.

Lanceman on June 1, 2010 at 12:44 AM

LOL. I’m gonna mail you your tin foil hat right away. No, no, I should probably hear your theory out first. What is it?

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 12:46 AM

Lurch

canopfor on June 1, 2010 at 12:31 AM
==========================================
Hehehe. You said Lurch.

“When I served in Viet Nam…”

“I actually did vote for the 87 billion dollars, before I voted against it…”

Lanceman on June 1, 2010 at 12:35 AM

Lanceman:)

Halp me Kerry I nead to pulg da whole,it be leeking stil!
-:)

canopfor on June 1, 2010 at 12:46 AM

No. YOU, Cartoonboy, are the goober. Power is the ability to earn wealth. Wealth is $$ that has already been earned. Get it? If I redistribute the power, I enable all men to earn without barriers or prejudice. If I redistribute the wealth, I take from one person and give it to another.

“You can feed a man a fish for a day, or you can teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime.”

LEBA on June 1, 2010 at 12:46 AM

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 12:46 AM

Hey. If you can invent sh!t, so can I.

Lanceman on June 1, 2010 at 12:47 AM

He wants to lock people up that disagree with him. Tad authoritarian?

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 12:45 AM

Crazy kids.

Free Constitution on June 1, 2010 at 12:48 AM

Halp me Kerry I nead to pulg da whole,it be leeking stil!
-:)

canopfor on June 1, 2010 at 12:46 AM

Dangit! Quit making me laugh!

Lanceman on June 1, 2010 at 12:48 AM

LEBA on June 1, 2010 at 12:46 AM

No, you dumb@ss. Look up the word redistribute. Taking from one and giving to another. It isn’t about enabling everybody. Like Obama, he felt that the people in power had to be pushed aside to make way for the have nots.

Again, you’re an idiot.

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 12:49 AM

Great, another thread of good people being insulted by one man’s personal prejudice. How very LGFesque! And boring, I might add.

Cindy Munford on June 1, 2010 at 12:50 AM

Crazy kids.

Free Constitution on June 1, 2010 at 12:48 AM

Hey, gotta find a way of keeping up the nat’l quota of crazy.

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 12:51 AM

Hey. If you can invent sh!t, so can I.

Lanceman on June 1, 2010 at 12:47 AM

What did I invent? Pointless even asking that. You’re not going to actually give an example from here.

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 12:51 AM

Cindy Munford on June 1, 2010 at 12:50 AM

Cindy, you wanna spice things up and derail this baby?

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 12:51 AM

Cindy Munford on June 1, 2010 at 12:50 AM

You just would not believe it. :)

Dire Straits on June 1, 2010 at 12:51 AM

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 12:46 AM

I agree with you, I think we caught King’s real killer. He was a moonshinin, KKK-lovin, Nascar-watchin, ATV ridin, good old boy Southern racist named James Earl Ray, born in….Alton, Illinois.

Well, there goes that meme. Wait, maybe he served in SOUTHERN Germany during WW2? Or maybe his first bulglary conviction was in SOUTHERN California?! Aha, now we see the truth!

Good Solid B-Plus on June 1, 2010 at 12:51 AM

You’re an idiot, LEBA.

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 12:44 AM

Narutoboy:
=====================================================

2001 OBAMA QUOTE: TRAGEDY THAT ‘REDISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH’ NOT PURSUED BY SUPREME COURT
——————————-

“Social justice” through “redistrobutive change” is textbook Marxism/socialism/communism.
====================================================

canopfor on June 1, 2010 at 12:51 AM

We could start talking about … The Flotilla II ~~~ coming to Arizona this summer.

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Again, you’re an idiot.

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 12:49 AM

Have you read the full quote and the context? Clearly not. Giving folks equal economic power lets every person have equal access to the market place..to create their own wealth.

LEBA on June 1, 2010 at 12:53 AM

Good Solid B-Plus on June 1, 2010 at 12:51 AM

Didn’t the KKK have a stronghold near Chicago?

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 12:53 AM

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 12:52 AM

I prefer ..The Wave..coming this November.

Dire Straits on June 1, 2010 at 12:54 AM

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 12:51 AM

I’m going to say you invented your own personal version of the modern South and Southerners, since you have so much animus against them but you cannot define either term.

Good Solid B-Plus on June 1, 2010 at 12:54 AM

I prefer ..The Wave..coming this November.

Dire Straits on June 1, 2010 at 12:54 AM

The Wave? Oh, you mean The Wave o’ Liberty? I’m waiting and fighting hard.

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 12:51 AM

Your contradictions are numerous, but I must confess you’ve worn me down. I have to collect unemployment tomorrow and light the fire under the still.
I absolutely loved it when you stated that you’re a Republican with Libertarian tendencies that would put his enemies in camps.

Lanceman on June 1, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Lanceman on June 1, 2010 at 12:55 AM

If he’s a Republican, than we need to kick him out … bigots not welcome, right?

Anywho… back to

The Wave…

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 12:56 AM

Didn’t the KKK have a stronghold near Chicago?

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 12:53 AM

Didn’t Geraldo do a show on opening their vault?

Dire Straits on June 1, 2010 at 12:56 AM

LEBA on June 1, 2010 at 12:53 AM

How about you try reading it. Then go figure out what redistribution is all about. You, for some reason, think that means improving the poor’s chances at success. Not what it means at all. The DEFINITION of redistribution is taking from the one to give to another. That right there defeats your entire assertion.

For the second or third time, he said he wanted to REDISTRIBUTE economic power.

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 12:57 AM

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 12:51 AM

Show me the way. He’s obviously good for traffic.

Cindy Munford on June 1, 2010 at 12:57 AM

canopfor on June 1, 2010 at 12:46 AM
=====================
Dangit! Quit making me laugh!

Lanceman on June 1, 2010 at 12:48 AM

Lanceman:Day 43,Mother Earth Held Hostage by Team Liberal!:)

canopfor on June 1, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Lanceman on June 1, 2010 at 12:55 AM

So you’re not going to give me any examples? You claimed I had invented something. Invented what?

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Didn’t Geraldo do a show on opening their vault?

Dire Straits on June 1, 2010 at 12:56 AM

Oh, man, I don’t know. I don’t watch idiotic television. Why the spitter still has a spot on Fox is beyond me.

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Lemme see how many comments.
QOTD last night still probably isn’t dead.

Lanceman on June 1, 2010 at 12:59 AM

Show me the way. He’s obviously good for traffic.

Cindy Munford on June 1, 2010 at 12:57 AM

Well, Dire Straits has decided we should talk about The Wave.

Any good local candidates we should keep an eye out on?

My new fav is this Justin Amash guy up in Mich.

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 12:59 AM

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Fair and Balanced..

Dire Straits on June 1, 2010 at 12:59 AM

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 12:58 AM

The statement i mentioned was a contradiction in and of itself, Captain Dumbf*ck.

Lanceman on June 1, 2010 at 1:00 AM

Fair and Balanced..

Dire Straits on June 1, 2010 at 12:59 AM

Aren’t there some less kooky lefties out there? Dang, just let Kristin Powers have his spot.

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 1:01 AM

We tried that moderate shit with McAmnesty. Not going there again I hope.

UncleZeb on June 1, 2010 at 1:01 AM

Well,I`m heading to sleepCity,nite everyone,

============================================:)

canopfor on June 1, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Only 460 comments? This seems like a Palin thread.

Lanceman on June 1, 2010 at 1:02 AM

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 12:59 AM

What about this lady running in California.

Dire Straits on June 1, 2010 at 1:03 AM

Well,I`m heading to sleepCity,nite everyone,

============================================:)

canopfor on June 1, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Nighty night.

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 1:03 AM

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 1:01 AM

Kirsten Powers is hot. She looks like Elizabeth Banks.

Lanceman on June 1, 2010 at 1:03 AM

For the second or third time, he said he wanted to REDISTRIBUTE economic power.

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 12:57 AM

So, are you saying that if I take your bag of economic power and dump it out on the table I’ll see stacks of $100′s? NO. If I take your bag of economic power and dump it out on the table I’ll see barriers to employment, unequal access to quality public education, and other barriers to economic opportunity.

Economic power and wealth, as things that can be redistributed, are radically different concepts.

LEBA on June 1, 2010 at 1:03 AM

Lanceman on June 1, 2010 at 12:55 AM

ROFL!!
Love it, Lanceman!

Me, too–plus, I have to clean up the septic tank behind our double wide, crank some chemicals into the meth lab, go pick up food stamps as well as my unemployment check and then look for any stray hunters named Cartoonboy I can make “squeal like a pig.”

BTW, Cartoonboy has me totally confused: Was or was not MLK a Das Kapital-believing Communist and if he was, is that a good thing or a bad thing?!

Jenfidel on June 1, 2010 at 1:03 AM

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 12:59 AM

I am in Virginia Beach right now and I think the likely candidate to run against incumbent Glenn Nye is going to be Scott Rigell but I think the more interesting choice might be Ben Loyola. http://www.benloyola.com/ Seems to have a story somewhat similar to Marco Rubio. I don’t get to vote here, I can’t say I know a lot about either candidate. Going on gut instincts right now.

Cindy Munford on June 1, 2010 at 1:05 AM

Lanceman on June 1, 2010 at 1:00 AM

Not an example, you moron. I said that I had a conservative and libertarian views. Both ideologies are made up of different positions. It’s very possible to have views that may conflict with one or the other. That isn’t a contradiction, it’s a apart of being a reasoning human being, which you apparently aren’t. You’re a drone, I guess.

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 1:05 AM

Day 43,Mother Earth Held Hostage by Team Liberal!:)

canopfor on June 1, 2010 at 12:58 AM

43 days in pictures

macncheez on June 1, 2010 at 1:05 AM

canopfor on June 1, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Good night!

Laura in Maryland on June 1, 2010 at 1:05 AM

I’ve never seen anyone here take such abuse, Jenfidel. And it keeps coming back!

“You have fought valiantly. Worthy of mention in the Jedi order.”

Lanceman on June 1, 2010 at 1:06 AM

What about this lady running in California.

Dire Straits on June 1, 2010 at 1:03 AM

Thanks. I’m following now.

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 1:07 AM

Jenfidel on June 1, 2010 at 1:03 AM

…and I am goin’ to blow out the candles and turn down the fire. Old Buck needs to go outside…better grab my shotgun ‘afore I go jes’ in case…

LEBA on June 1, 2010 at 1:07 AM

Cindy Munford on June 1, 2010 at 1:05 AM

Thank you… watching for both.

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 1:08 AM

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 12:58 AM

You were a baby when he opened the vault.

TXMomof3 on June 1, 2010 at 1:08 AM

So, are you saying that if I take your bag of economic power and dump it out on the table I’ll see stacks of $100’s? NO. If I take your bag of economic power and dump it out on the table I’ll see barriers to employment, unequal access to quality public education, and other barriers to economic opportunity.

LEBA on June 1, 2010 at 1:03 AM

You don’t get it. REDISTRIBUTION. Again, LOOK IT UP. In this sense, redistributing economic POWER would mean taking better resources and opportunities – things like that – away from one group and giving it to another.

Learn the difference between distribution and redistribution, please. He used the latter term.

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 1:08 AM

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 1:05 AM

Well then, you’re the only one who doesn’t think so. I’m glad I don’t have your ‘reasoning abilities’.

Lanceman on June 1, 2010 at 1:08 AM

Thanks. I’m following now.

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 1:07 AM

I would think she has a good chance in this district.. Or would that be wishful thinking on my part?

Dire Straits on June 1, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 1:05 AM

I have an experiment for you. Why don’t you try to make your point without calling people names?

Cindy Munford on June 1, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Kirsten Powers is hot. She looks like Elizabeth Banks.

Lanceman on June 1, 2010 at 1:03 AM

Elizabeth Banks?

So, Lance who are we supposed to watch for? I sent you a suggestions for that Elizabeth Emkens that Dire Straits suggested.

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 1:10 AM

Dire Straits on June 1, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Well, I don’t think any race is safe with unions running around this country, but she might be worth fighting for!

Why do you like her btw?

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 1:11 AM

You were a baby when he opened the vault.

TXMomof3 on June 1, 2010 at 1:08 AM

Well, that’s probably why I don’t remember it then.

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 1:11 AM

“Consequently, he called for a redistribution of wealth and resources, advocating a move away from the harsher aspects of capitalism toward a society modeled on some form of democratic socialism.” – Georgia Encyclopedia

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 1:12 AM

“You have fought valiantly. Worthy of mention in the Jedi order.”

Lanceman on June 1, 2010 at 1:06 AM

No one? What about me lady? You know what those two have in common?

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 1:12 AM

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 1:10 AM

Oh, Elizabeth Banks is an actress. Don’t think I’ve ever seen an ugly Elizabeth.

Lanceman on June 1, 2010 at 1:12 AM

You were a baby when he opened the vault.

TXMomof3 on June 1, 2010 at 1:08 AM

That was a hillarious show almost as good as when he invited the skinheads to appear.

Dire Straits on June 1, 2010 at 1:13 AM

Lanceman on June 1, 2010 at 1:12 AM

Oh, Miri!

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 1:14 AM

For the second or third time, he said he wanted to REDISTRIBUTE economic power.

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 12:57 AM

Oh, forgot one thing narutoboy: REDISTRIBUTE economic POWER.
Thought I’d use your special voice in hopes you would get it this time.

Nite nite, cartoonboy. (The only person I know besides you who is into anime is a 13yr old girl…jus’ sayin’.)

LEBA on June 1, 2010 at 1:14 AM

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 1:08 AM

There are also numerous signs for a Ed Maulbeck but I must say up front that his noted slogan “I’m fired up” immediately turned me off. Didn’t Mr. Obama use “Fired up and ready to go” in his campaign? I know it’s hard to come up with original political imagery but anything that smacks of The Won is a non-starter for me. I am probably being too harsh.

Cindy Munford on June 1, 2010 at 1:14 AM

No one? What about me lady? You know what those two have in common?

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 1:12 AM

That quote by Count Dooku was directed at nauticalboy. Sorry, but after 16 hours of non-stop Star Wars yesterday and this clown tonight, I’m a little frazzled.
But it’s fan-freakin’-tastic that he”s carrying a torch for Jenfidel:)

Lanceman on June 1, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Dire Straits on June 1, 2010 at 1:13 AM

I loved it when he got clocked with the chair!!

TXMomof3 on June 1, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Oh, Miri!

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 1:14 AM

Miri?

Lanceman on June 1, 2010 at 1:16 AM

Oh, forgot one thing narutoboy: REDISTRIBUTE economic POWER.
Thought I’d use your special voice in hopes you would get it this time.

LEBA on June 1, 2010 at 1:14 AM

Moron, the addition of power (which is something I included) makes no difference. When you’re REDISTRIBUTING power instead of wealth, you’re not taking money away from people, you’re taking away the opportunity for one group to make the money and giving it to someone else. Is this still too hard for you to understand?

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 1:16 AM

Cindy Munford on June 1, 2010 at 1:14 AM

Well, I’ll look into it but yeah, “meh”

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 1:16 AM

Well, that’s probably why I don’t remember it then.

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 1:11 AM

Google Geraldo and Capone’s vault. Good stuff.

TXMomof3 on June 1, 2010 at 1:17 AM

Miri?

Lanceman on June 1, 2010 at 1:16 AM

Zack and Miri Make a P0rno

MeatHeadinCA on June 1, 2010 at 1:17 AM

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 1:12 AM

mmm. So who’s opinion was this? I’ll stick to MLK’s own words, thank you….

LEBA on June 1, 2010 at 1:17 AM

Narutoboy on June 1, 2010 at 1:05 AM

A libertarian who wants to lock people in camps for thoughtcrime and re-start alcohol Prohibition? Riiiiiight.

You know, I’m a Jew, but I eat pork, wear a turban, pray to Mecca and believe in Vishnu and the Gautama Buddha. Makes as much sense as your warped vision of “conservatism” and “libertarianism.”

Good Solid B-Plus on June 1, 2010 at 1:18 AM