Video: Don’t touch me

posted at 9:37 pm on May 28, 2010 by Allahpundit

Something light to set you up for the holiday weekend. This is actually tough to watch, as you’ll quickly find yourself wanting to take a swing of your own at the blue-shirted twerp who simply won’t. stop. touching. the other guy, no matter how many times he tells him to. And just how many times is that? Via Nice Deb, dude:

Dan Noyes was doing an investigative report on San Francisco’s Laguna Honda Hospital. According to his reporting, the hospital administrators had been using the patient gift fund for extravagances like gourmet meals, barbecues and airline tickets for themselves and staff…

He notes the viral popularity of the clip, and says that commenters on his blog counted the number of times Slavin touched him, versus the number of times Noyes warned him to stop. “I think the final count was 41 for the pats, and 18 for the times where I said ‘Don’t touch me,’ so it was very odd.”

So, was Slavin ever in danger of having the Noyes brung on him? “Well, as a reporter, and as a professional, you have to act a certain way. Of course, as a guy, I wanted to push him, but I wasn’t going to do that because it really wasn’t personal, it was business to me. It was definitely frustrating, because I told him not to touch me, he kept on doing it, and that’s just wrong.”

I would have lost it after about 30 seconds. Exit question: Is there some sort of PR strategy to this moron’s antagonism? Goad the reporter into grabbing him by the throat and then that becomes the story instead of the investigation? Or does this guy just have OCD or something?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

So did this reporter not want the other guy to touch him? Because it’s not clear from the video …

/s

thirteen28 on May 28, 2010 at 9:39 PM

He can still file an assault charge.

csdeven on May 28, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Pass. As a parent, I derive precisely zero entertainment from a video showing someone repeatedly saying “stop touching me!” You might as well ask me to click on a video titled “are we there yet?”.

Fabozz on May 28, 2010 at 9:42 PM

The reporter’s a pain in the @ss, too. And as I said earlier, I can’t stand when people become lawyers. It reminds me of 20-year-olds demanding their 1st Am. rights because they can’t protest on private property.

amerpundit on May 28, 2010 at 9:42 PM

Can’t Touch This!

Kini on May 28, 2010 at 9:43 PM

And you still can’t see why DADT needs to be left intact?

BKeyser on May 28, 2010 at 9:43 PM

The PR guy is incredibly cheesy. He repeats the same line, introduction and identification, over and over again. It’s like he graduated the Whatsamata University school of public relations.

amerpundit on May 28, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Ya,I think I would of been close to snapping,that is surreal
to say the least,what is the guys problem!!!

canopfor on May 28, 2010 at 9:45 PM

I give that (admittedly annoying) reporter a lot of credit). Lots of people can’t STAND when strangers touch them esp after being asked not to. It’s clear he wanted to provoke an excuse to stop the meeting and when he didn’t get the guy to punch him he orchestrated it anyway.

csdeven on May 28, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Yep. Legal assault.

As of right now the clip has been removed from YouTube. Wonder why.

inviolet on May 28, 2010 at 9:45 PM

He pull this on me, he be pulling back a bloody stump.

tcn on May 28, 2010 at 9:45 PM

I think after the tenth time of saying don’t touch me, and nothing happens, it is pretty clear to Mr Blueshirt that he can touch him all day.

keep the change on May 28, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Dontcha touch my leg, cause you’ll make be beg
Dontcha touch my thigh, cause you’ll make me high
So dontcha touch my leg

Feely Mealy’s

Kini on May 28, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Hmmm…..touching on the shoulder…????

From Politico 1/29/09:

The power of Obama’s hand

Joe Lieberman has felt it. So has Joe the Plumber.

It’s the Obama Touch — the squeeze on the biceps, the pat on the shoulder or the tap on the back that signals the displeasure of the commander in chief. Let others turn on the deep freeze or lose their cool when they’re annoyed. Obama prefers to deal with problems by taking them in hand — literally.

Just ask Vice President Joe Biden, who made a joke about Chief Justice John Roberts flubbing the oath of office last week and immediately felt his boss’s disapproval, in the form of Obama’s fingers on his back.

Full article

bigun on May 28, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Fabozz on May 28, 2010 at 9:42 PM

Hahahhahahahaha!

Cindy Munford on May 28, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Should’ve dropped the Hammer on him…

Gohawgs on May 28, 2010 at 9:46 PM

At “Don’t friggin touch me” request number 5, I would have launched this retard across the room. Good Grief…

the Coondawg on May 28, 2010 at 9:46 PM

keep the change on May 28, 2010 at 9:45 PM

It’s Mr. Friendly Hands.

amerpundit on May 28, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Should have started knocking the hand away immediately after first saying he didn’t want to be touched, should have called the police when it continued, and should have put the creep on the floor after he attacked the camerawoman.

I hope charges are filed and the video entered into evidence.

amerpundit on May 28, 2010 at 9:42 PM

What does that have to do with the battery being committed? The Comm Director had no right to touch him. He had the right to ask him to leave, if it was private property, and he had the right to call the cops. He had no right to touch him, and if it hadn’t been a reporter who didn’t want to give the guy what he wanted(a fight which would overshadow the real story), that little s**tstain would have been hurting, real bad.

MadisonConservative on May 28, 2010 at 9:48 PM

keep the change on May 28, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Sort of like how every dictator and thug sees the United Nations.

MadisonConservative on May 28, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Too clever by half.
The Laguna Hospital
Is now World Famous.

Obviously Mike (Mark?) was trying to provoke a response. He quickly realized that touching the reporter was the way to goad him, and he continued to do so until he had sufficient disruption to cancel the meeting and get the gift-stealing administrator out of there.

If it weren’t for the fact that he was now the most famous annoying a$$hole on the planet, his plan would have worked perfectly. But now everybody wants to know what happened to that gift money…

Haiku Guy on May 28, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Wow. Just watched the ending again. That’s a cover-up of corruption if ever I’ve seen it.

amerpundit on May 28, 2010 at 9:48 PM

The Mark Slavin formerly known as Communications Director.

aquaviva on May 28, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Somebody is having you on here…otherwise the “blue-shirted twerp” would have died an ugly death on camera.

AUINSC on May 28, 2010 at 9:50 PM

He did just what he wanted to do.
Caused the questions about impropriety to go unanswered.

Open The Door on May 28, 2010 at 9:50 PM

I’m going to bet this clown is a Liberal,and if he did have some condition,I would expect some staff to come up and
say,hes harmless,he has problems!!

canopfor on May 28, 2010 at 9:51 PM

MadisonConservative on May 28, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Hey, I think the reporter should file charges and the corruption exposed. I’m just saying the whole suddenly-a-lawyer thing annoys me personally.

Perhaps because I have a personal history with that. I worked for a newspaper for a bit of time and we’d regularly get follow-up letters accusing us of violating the First Amendment — sometimes with threats of legal action! — because we didn’t publish the first angry rant.

amerpundit on May 28, 2010 at 9:51 PM

thirteen28 on May 28, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Nice.

See, the thing here is that since blue shirt guy is better than us the rules don’t apply.
For more on this topic see: Professors, Constitution Law, Friends of Bill Ayers (and by ‘friends’ I mean, “a guy from my neighborhood”)

Tom_OC on May 28, 2010 at 9:52 PM

After about the 30th time, I really wanted blue shirt guy to place his hand on the small of the reporter’s back to go for the “too friendly bordering on creepy” angle.

Weight of Glory on May 28, 2010 at 9:52 PM

So what’s the deal with “The Gift Fund”. What are they using it for that they won’t talk about it, and need to distract the reporter from the subject?

Head butt!

Cinematicfilm on May 28, 2010 at 9:53 PM

I’m sure if the guy gets fired Obama can find room for him in his administration. Arrogant, condescending elitist, obnoxious and does not address the facts. He seems to meet the requirements.

Elisa on May 28, 2010 at 9:53 PM

“Don’t touch me”, and it doesn’t stop? It’s San Francisco. Next….

joejm65 on May 28, 2010 at 9:53 PM

This looked like the finals of “So You Think You’re A Douche”.

JCred on May 28, 2010 at 9:54 PM

The repeated ‘do not touch me’ just invites more touching. The woman that is the target here has a huge smile because ‘Mark’ has been successful in his objective – dissuade the reporter from confronting her.
Noyes should have turned to his camera person, said ‘turn that off a second,’ and given this guy the beat down. ‘Mark’ did refrain a bit after the shrug/slap away, only to realize that Noyes wasn’t gonna so squat.

I’d have given him three. Then I’d have stepped on his foot and shoved him down. Pansies.

TinMan13 on May 28, 2010 at 9:54 PM

I have a very distinct space cube. You enter it without my permission, you’re going to hear about it.

Invitations only. :)

Bee on May 28, 2010 at 9:55 PM

I’d file assault charges and sue his ass.

American Elephant on May 28, 2010 at 9:55 PM

amerpundit on May 28, 2010 at 9:51 PM

With some people, who clearly misinterpret or don’t even know their own rights, true, especially if they are trying to perpetrate some sort of disruption. Trust me, those people need ass-kickings as much as this little puke Slavin did.

However, plenty of people do know their rights, and they’re not playing lawyer by reminding others of them if those people are seeking to violate them. It’s a little unnerving that we automatically dismiss people who state their rights as “suddenly-a-lawyer”. If lawyers were the only people in the country that knew our rights, we’d be in deep trouble.

MadisonConservative on May 28, 2010 at 9:55 PM

This looked like the finals of “So You Think You’re A Douche”.

JCred on May 28, 2010 at 9:54 PM

The “toucher” or the reporter?

Bee on May 28, 2010 at 9:56 PM

I would have been afraid Mark had just gotten done wiping poo off his p*nis and wiping his hands on the reporter’s shirt to clean it. After the second warning, Mark would have been taking a nap. And for a coordinator, the Ling Lee chick, to not even think about answering his questions about improper use of funds makes you want to know “Where’s the money?”

pghpat26 on May 28, 2010 at 9:56 PM

I’d say the guy in the blue shirt was fishing for an assault by the reporter. If I were the reporter, I’d file a harassment suit.

Woody

woodcdi on May 28, 2010 at 9:56 PM

MadisonConservative on May 28, 2010 at 9:55 PM

Like I said, I might just have too much personal experience with the former group so that all similar declarations — even accurate ones — carry the connotation that makes my ears bleed.

amerpundit on May 28, 2010 at 9:57 PM

Introduce him to Sheryl Crow and that’ll cure him pronto.

“A grope for me but not for thee. ”

– Bill Clinton to Hillary 1997 before dodging a lamp and an ashtray.

viking01 on May 28, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Allah, this is tough to watch. Obsequious little twerp. He epitomizes the worst of the lefty gatekeepers. Arg!

MainelyRight on May 28, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Should’ve dropped the Hammer on him…

Gohawgs on May 28, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Damn! I miss M.C. Hammer!

Haiku Guy on May 28, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Haiku Guy on May 28, 2010 at 9:48 PM

I heart haiku.

Tom_OC on May 28, 2010 at 10:01 PM

I would have lost it after about 30 seconds.

Being a reporter with a camera on him, he did the right thing. But no camera, I would have asked him if he heard me the first time I told him to not touch me and if he said “yes”, I would have removed his hand from my body myself and at the same time removed any inclination he might have had to put it back again.

Hog Wild on May 28, 2010 at 10:04 PM

I like strangers touching me… what’s that guys problem?

papa_giorgio on May 28, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Papa wants some strange

CWforFreedom on May 28, 2010 at 10:06 PM

From The Scavenger
====================================================

Last week, SF Weekly asked Slavin about the confrontation. Slavin responded in an email, saying:

I don’t have much interest in rehashing the exchange with Mr. Noyes. He was intent on disrupting a public meeting rather than scheduling an interview. Even when we did sit down to speak he summarily disregarded our very straightforward presentation of the facts regarding the gift fund accounts. (I’d be happy to send send those facts to you as an attachment if you supply your email, or you can find them on lagunahonda.org.)

Mr. Noyes’ disregard for the facts — the clear legality and appropriate use of the funds — resulted in an unfortunate report on the air, which obviously supplied more “gotcha” drama than any legitimate examination of hospital practices. I understand we’re not the first target of Mr. Noyes’ bullying tactics, and likely won’t be the last.

Laguna Hospital blasted KGO’s report was “a distortion of the facts,” pointing out the Patient Gift Fund serves both patients and hospital staff and that “The hospital’s annual employee barbecue, meals at staff retreats and small thank-you gifts for nurses — such as Nurse Week pedometers — were all paid for by the gift fund staff account.”
—————————————————–
he hospital released this statement Monday:

The city Controller’s Office has reviewed the hospital’s practices and confirmed today that gift fund donations are spent for the intended purposes and consistent with city law.

However, to prevent any confusion, the Controller has recommended that the hospital create a completely separate account to accept gifts for staff development and training.

We will follow the recommendations. Until a separate fund for staff support is established, we will not draw out any money for purposes other than patient care.

Please be assured that, unless you have expressly requested that your donation be designated for staff support, it has been used for the care and comfort of Laguna Honda residents.
=========================================================

canopfor on May 28, 2010 at 10:07 PM

BINGO!

“Out-of-Control Reporter Attacks Hospital Administrator!”

Film at 11.

GarandFan on May 28, 2010 at 10:08 PM

canopfor on May 28, 2010 at 10:07 PM

We was supposed to be spendin’ ‘dat money on hookers and booze!

Haiku Guy on May 28, 2010 at 10:10 PM

So the hospital is corrupt and needs a criminal audit!!

canopfor on May 28, 2010 at 10:11 PM

canopfor on May 28, 2010 at 10:07 PM
==================================
We was supposed to be spendin’ ‘dat money on hookers and booze!

Haiku Guy on May 28, 2010 at 10:10 PM

Haiku Guy:No joke,on another site,he was joy riding on
his bicycle towing two kids on a wagon,it sounds
like this guy is sick,and needs to be out of pop
ulation and in jail!!:)

canopfor on May 28, 2010 at 10:14 PM

I’m wondering if the reporter would have complained if the doctor touched him and said, “turn your head and cough”

Kini on May 28, 2010 at 10:14 PM

Kini on May 28, 2010 at 10:14 PM

Kini: In jail I hope!!:)

canopfor on May 28, 2010 at 10:15 PM

Do NOT post Slavin’s contact information, please. I don’t want the site being used to harass people.

Allahpundit on May 28, 2010 at 10:15 PM

Kini on May 28, 2010 at 10:14 PM

Kini: In jail I hope!!:)

canopfor on May 28, 2010 at 10:15 PM
================================================

Ugh,I thought you mean’t Marc Slavin!!

Typed to fast!!

canopfor on May 28, 2010 at 10:17 PM

I’m conflicted.
On one hand, Blue Shirt Guy is annoying, etc., but he seems to have official ID, and running interference for his boss(es) seems to be his job. Note his repeated attempt to introduce himself to Noyes and his intro spiel.
On the other hand, Noyes clearly expects to run things “his” way, but he’s not on his company’s turf. He seems to be almost ambushing his intended interviewee, until Blue Shirt Guy steps in.
1. Why should the meeting be held up for Noyes’ interview?
2. Why didn’t Noyes simply sacrifice a couple of minuted to hear what Blue Shirt Guy had to say? Perhaps Noyes would’ve received an acceptable result.
3. Why should Noyes get an interview at all, given that he seems to have disrupted the meeting?

Arbalest on May 28, 2010 at 10:18 PM

It was very intentional that whole touching thing, but it reflects poorly on who he is working for.

The reporter had to put up with it (you do not want to be the story and restraint is necessary). A private citizen would have beat him unconscious.

Mr. Joe on May 28, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Allahpundit on May 28, 2010 at 10:15 PM

AllahPundit: Loud and clear,AP,thats something I wouldn’t
do,unless it had to do with a Republican
candidate!!—————————-:)

canopfor on May 28, 2010 at 10:23 PM

Kini: In jail I hope!!:)

canopfor on May 28, 2010 at 10:15 PM

During his lunch hour, he’s a gynecologist

Kini on May 28, 2010 at 10:28 PM

RalphyBoy on May 28, 2010 at 10:29 PM

A private citizen would have beat him unconscious.

Mr. Joe on May 28, 2010 at 10:21 PM

One shot and done… when the camera is pointed the other way.

RalphyBoy on May 28, 2010 at 10:32 PM

It looks like to me the hospital worker was first of all angry because a reporter dare come and check out a story and was trying to antagonize the reporter.It gives me the creeps though,someone that close to you and touching repeatedly?!

ohiobabe on May 28, 2010 at 10:35 PM

Some of you folks never played hockey or anything like that, did you?

This was a great example of a good solid role player doing his job, and ready to take one for the team if necessary. I’d give Mark one of the game stars. Hell, he was giving up nearly 6″ and 40 pounds too!

On the ice, he’d be constantly hooking, obstructing, pulling on jerseys, pushing helmets down over the opponent’s eyes, and chopping at ankles when no one’s looking, and yapping – the art is to get into their heads. It’s part of the game. Once the reporter showed that he was fussy about being touched, it was all over – Mark was living in his head rent-free!

Mark was obviously detailed to pick up the reporter on entry and prevent him from getting to the asian woman. He was a few moments late getting onto the ice, but after that he did a great job of putting the reporter completely off his game. By 0:55 he had even gotten body position to drive the reporter away from the woman.

Did you notice one of Mark’s teammates give him an “atta boy” pat just before the meeting started at 1:42 of the clip? It’s a team sport, folks. And the skill players appreciate the effort – do you think the small asian woman running the meeting wasn’t glad to have Mark running interference for her?

This was “turnabout being fair play”. Ron Burgundy there was planning to ambush her, but instead, he got p0wned.

Is the hospital mis-using funds? Who knows? If so, it’ll come out soon enough, but it won’t be because Mr. Blow-dryed was able to ambush that woman. Way to get the job done, Mark!

bofh on May 28, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Sir, I must now put my hands on you despite your repeated wishes to the contrary and be an obnoxious douchebag.

Please remain calm.

manwithblackhat on May 28, 2010 at 10:39 PM

San Francisco…what more to say.

wepeople on May 28, 2010 at 10:48 PM

Sorry, I don’t have a shred of sympathy or compassion in my heart for any reporter. The malfeasance of the profession as a whole has leeched every last drop of it from me.

In my world, the best case scenario would’ve had the two of them pounding the snot out of each other until neither could raise another fist.

IronDioPriest on May 28, 2010 at 10:48 PM

Good thing he wasn’t offering to shine his Stacy Adams!

alexwest on May 28, 2010 at 10:49 PM

I would have cold cocked that insufferable bastard.

And, no, not the reporter.

Gothguy on May 28, 2010 at 10:54 PM

Dan should have reversed the psychology of it right after it was obvious Slavin would not quit by putting Slavin in a head lock while saying “really warm and friendly hospital here, and you’ve convinced me of the calming effect of the constant touching program you have.” Dan’s a big guy. He could have dragged Slavin around while trying to get the interview.

Dusty on May 28, 2010 at 10:55 PM

Gad, I hate both of those creeps.

Fishoutofwater on May 28, 2010 at 11:00 PM

I really think I might’ve choked this guy after the first couple of warnings went unheeded. This, to me, says (and quite clearly): ‘I don’t give a wet fart what you say’. His continued disrespectful invasion of the guy’s personal space merited a beat-down. While I truly despise reporters, the guy seemed intent on covering something up by running interference, and his method of running interference, apparently, was to make a total ass of himself and give his boss a distraction to beat a hasty and full retreat. I think that when she saw the guy get choke-slammed flat on his back with my hands around his neck, eyes bulging out of his face and moving independently, tongue hanging out of his mouth, veins bulging across his face, she’d’ve had a little more incentive to dive out a window and skip the interview.

All caught on tape.

Virus-X on May 28, 2010 at 11:00 PM

This is part of that whole “invade someone’s personal space” crap intended to put you off focus and to corral you where they want you. In business I have seen this used before by PR idiots.

It is really quite simple to fix and to throw it back in their face by simply putting your hand in their face each time they touch you. It shows them the same level of disrespect without the potential for assault charges and completely throws them off focus because they don’t teach these idiots what to do when it happens to them.

I have actually used this techinque once and it was amazing as the person stopped trying to wedge themselves in between myself and a customer representative and the guy actually had to walk away and collect himself, so I know it works.

Of course you have to wash your hand when it happens, but it puts an end to their childish crap and makes them reconsider trying it with you at least in the future.

woodythesingingcowboy on May 28, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Sometimes, you just need to understand the mentality of the gay criminal mind. The constant touching thing is a gay tactic to provoke violence. To bad this news guy did not see it comming.

Now if it were me telling him to stop, well, what I would do would be to call him a pervert in a very loud voice. Then I would have loudly stated I had no interest in going into the back room with him for any amount of money!

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!

Freddy on May 28, 2010 at 11:13 PM

He did just what he wanted to do.
Caused the questions about impropriety to go unanswered.

Open The Door on May 28, 2010 at 9:50 PM

actually he failed epically at doing what he wanted to do. Now thousands more people know about the accusations of impropriety.

Ampersand on May 28, 2010 at 11:14 PM

Textbook example of a pattern interrupt. The whole idea was to distract the reporter and make sure that he never reached the person to whom he really wanted to speak. Poetic justice to see one low-life (reporter) being harassed by another (mark the jerk).

westerncanadian on May 28, 2010 at 11:25 PM

The standards for journalism have sunk to “yellow journalism.”

We’ll survive, I trust.

AnninCA on May 28, 2010 at 11:26 PM

I was really hoping for a mashup with The Tubes:

Don’t Touch Me There

juanito on May 28, 2010 at 11:41 PM

fusionaddict on May 28, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Awesomeness! This is exactly the tune that was playing in my head as this sad clip unfolded!

Noocyte on May 28, 2010 at 11:43 PM

Blue shirt guy pretty much epitomizes San Fran for me. Obviously corrupt and wasteful but covers it up by doing intentionally obnoxious/offensive things and then crying “victim” when called on them.

29Victor on May 28, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Elisa on May 28, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Only if he doesn’t pay his taxes!!!

free on May 28, 2010 at 11:50 PM

The touching is creepy, but then he goes up a bonks the camera! That was completely out of line.

Voyager on May 28, 2010 at 11:57 PM

A male Communications Director in San Francisco. You know that this guy loves to put his hands on men. Yuck! Little pervert. Yes, I would love to see the reporter sue the guy for harassment or at least threaten the hospital that he will do it so that the guy gets fired.

mydh12 on May 29, 2010 at 12:05 AM

After telling him not to touch him and being ignored he had a right to consider his creepy touching as an aggressive move and had every right to defend himself with his fists. It would have been funny if the reporter had grabed the guy in a really tight bear hug and said “heyyyyyy dude!, you like it when I do that?”. Anyhow, I still want to know what’s going on with the gift fund!

Dollayo on May 29, 2010 at 12:06 AM

amerpundit on May 28, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Frostbite Falls, Minnesota!

TugboatPhil on May 29, 2010 at 12:16 AM

What is everyone’s issue with the reporter? Are reporters not allowed to attend public town hall meetings and ask questions? He asked for a simple one-sentence statement from her (“Is the gift fund being spent properly?”) on her way up to the podium, then indicated that he would wait patiently for the end of the meeting for it. Any douchebaggery he may have engaged in occurred after Slavin committed repeated battery against him, and was completely justified. Even afterward, during the meeting, he was just standing there waiting until Slavin started in on him (and his crew) again.

James on May 29, 2010 at 12:38 AM

On their way to earning their black belts in Tae Kwon Do some years ago, my kids learned a very simple technique to easily and non-violently remove an unwanted hand on one’s shoulder.

The owner of the unwanted hand generally winds up on the ground begging for mercy.

skydaddy on May 29, 2010 at 1:17 AM

It’s a touching video.

ebrawer on May 29, 2010 at 1:37 AM

I would have lost it after about 30 seconds…

Palm strike to the base of his nose would have conveyed your displeasure with his unwanted advances in a very clear and direct way…

… but that’s just me.

Seven Percent Solution on May 29, 2010 at 1:47 AM

I would have introduced the guy to Harry….as in hairy knuckles.

Captain America on May 29, 2010 at 1:48 AM

Look, in situations like that, ya gotta go all Popeye Doyle on the guy, topsey turvey the muthaf*c*er. Popeye used to hit dirt bags with lines like “Do you pick your toes in Poughkeepsie?”

Just give the blue-shirted geek some serious stink eye and ask him something like:

DID YOU PLUG THE HOLE YET, DADDY?

PC14 on May 29, 2010 at 2:03 AM

Oh it’s been so long, Popeye was talking feet, not toes. Back when you could REALLY question those perps…

PC14 on May 29, 2010 at 2:12 AM

I couldn’t care less about the reporter’s lttle story… it’s 1:15 in the morning and I’m laughng my ass off at how ridiculous it all sounds.

princetrumpet on May 29, 2010 at 2:18 AM

I think the blue shirt guy gave credence to the crime allegation when he went after the camera. It looks like a cover-up.

deewhybee on May 29, 2010 at 2:47 AM

Reminded me of
the CPAC creep/toad/flunkie
that harassed John Ziegler…

“Let’s Roll”

On Watch on May 29, 2010 at 3:06 AM

At the 58 to 59 second mark the reporter turns around mouthed the word “asshole” out of the corner of his mouth. Watch carefully.

Kokonut on May 29, 2010 at 4:32 AM

I find it very strange people are giving grief to the reporter on here. Or is it just taking the truth that is the MSM stinks and applying it to every journalist ever – unfairly.

He was very polite and when she said she had to do the Town Hall meeting he said something like “Fine, I’ll speak to you afterwards then please”, perfectly reasonable behaviour.

There’s only one chump in this exchange and he has wandering hands!

VeniVidiVidic on May 29, 2010 at 5:09 AM

There must be a reason (which evades me) for Allahpundit being so dense (and with his closing questions). As shown at the end of the clip, the hospital had to “invent” – when it could not instigate – an excuse not to hold a meeting with reporters present.

From Nice Deb:

The Backstory
Dan Noyes was doing an investigative report on San Francisco’s Laguna Honda Hospital. According to his reporting, the hospital administrators had been using the patient gift fund for extravagances like gourmet meals, barbecues and airline tickets for themselves and staff.

Dan went to Honda Laguna Hospital to confront the administration about the report. Noyes tells Asylum that “in 25 years as an investigative reporter, this is pretty much the strangest reaction I’ve ever had from a public official.”

Lockstein13 on May 29, 2010 at 6:04 AM

That reporter had 40 lbs on the guy, you would think that would make him pause for thought.

Terrye on May 29, 2010 at 6:36 AM