SEIU protesters descend on bank exec’s home, terrifying his son

posted at 10:16 pm on May 21, 2010 by Allahpundit

Big Journalism has been all over this, including the odd detail that D.C. cops evidently escorted the Purple People-Beaters to the Bank of America executive’s home in Rockville, Maryland. Fox News regular Nina Easton was on the scene, with good reason: She lives right next door. Quote:

Last Sunday, on a peaceful, sun-crisp afternoon, our toddler finally napping upstairs, my front yard exploded with 500 screaming, placard-waving strangers on a mission to intimidate my neighbor, Greg Baer. Baer is deputy general counsel for corporate law at Bank of America (BAC, Fortune 500), a senior executive based in Washington, D.C. And that — in the minds of the organizers at the politically influential Service Employees International Union and a Chicago outfit called National Political Action — makes his family fair game.

Waving signs denouncing bank “greed,” hordes of invaders poured out of 14 school buses, up Baer’s steps, and onto his front porch. As bullhorns rattled with stories of debtor calls and foreclosed homes, Baer’s teenage son Jack — alone in the house — locked himself in the bathroom. “When are they going to leave?” Jack pleaded when I called to check on him…

Now this event would accurately be called a “protest” if it were taking place at, say, a bank or the U.S. Capitol. But when hundreds of loud and angry strangers are descending on your family, your children, and your home, a more apt description of this assemblage would be “mob.” Intimidation was the whole point of this exercise, and it worked-even on the police. A trio of officers who belatedly answered our calls confessed a fear that arrests might “incite” these trespassers.

According to Easton, Baer is … a lifelong Democrat. For her trouble in reporting on this, she’s naturally been smeared by the left. As for why SEIU is singling out Bank of America for thug tactics, supposedly it’s a protest of foreclosures by banks generally but Big Journalism notes that the union apparently owes BoA $90 million, which, per Easton, means $4 million in outstanding interest and fees. Terrorizing an exec’s family might make them think twice about being too insistent in collecting. Click the second image below to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Bee on May 22, 2010 at 1:52 PM

That would indeed be a strange law. How does a property owner disperse a mob of that nature without the help of the police? In my neck of the woods, N.E. Arizona, a mob entering property without permission would be dispersed via Mr Springfield, Mr. Ruger, Mr. Winchester, Mr Smith-Wesson et. al. We have a castle doctrine law that exists in all places. No need to cede ground especially on your own private property.

chemman on May 22, 2010 at 2:38 PM

gasoline
beer bottles
?

Slowburn on May 22, 2010 at 2:45 PM

I hope the homeowner files criminal charges and big, fat, civil suits on every one of the thugs involved in this… including DC and Montgomery County police.

It is an outrage that these freaks are terrorizing people in their homes. It’s even more unacceptable that they be allowed to get away with it.

Murf76 on May 22, 2010 at 2:47 PM

chemman on May 22, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Here’s how illogical it is: if we can’t reasonably expect that the acreage/sq footage of the property we’ve PURCHASED is to be respected, then it should be perfectly fine for a peeping Tom to walk around your home, looking in, surveying things. Right? Of course not.

Who the hell gets a permit to protest at A PRIVATE RESIDENCE, anyway??! Obviously SEIU. Wonder why they didn’t choose the bank branch headquarters? Oh, right…because they can’t f**king intimidate an actual person and his family that way. Now these thugs know exactly what they are able to do from here on out.

This makes me extremely nervous.

Bee on May 22, 2010 at 3:00 PM

For those advocating that conservative counter-protest at the homes of SEIU leaders I would advise caution. We all saw first hand in that video as local police turned a blind eye to various violations of the law. Think back a short while ago when police stood idle as protesters shut down a military recruiting office in Berkeley, CA. In certain areas the police are very selective about what laws they’ll enforce and against whom. Don’t think for a minute those cops who let this happen will show that same restraint if conservatives show up at union leaders homes. Not only that, the MSM will cover such an incident with great enthusiasm and put their own spin on it. In short, protesting at SEIU member homes will do more damage than good.

It’s not right, it’s not just and it’s not fair but no one said the world ever was so we have to react in a positive and constructive manner (voting EN MASS in Nov.) instead of knee jerk reactions to liberal hipocrisy and double standards.

Yakko77 on May 22, 2010 at 3:27 PM

Beck has been telling us for quite some time, that the plan is to provoke the public until something breaks loose which will allow Obama to call for martial law. Beck has been ridiculed by many on our side, savaged by all on the other side; he has also been right the f**k on far too often to ignore.

Keemo on May 22, 2010 at 10:11 AM

I agree. The raw audacity of what is going on is shocking. They are hoping something happens and, once it does, it’ll be “well, I didn’t run for president to declare martial law, but, you asked for it and here it comes.”

the government is trying to weaken our will to fight it, weaken our will to speak out, weaken our courage to stand up for ourselves and our families.

They’ll back off, they’re pussies.

ted c on May 22, 2010 at 3:47 PM

Yakko77 on May 22, 2010 at 3:27 PM

Here we go again. “Oh no we can’t fight back someone may not like us!!!”

I’m curious Yakko77, when does enough become enough? What’s your line in the sand? How long do you continue to roll over and play Marquis of Queensbury rules for fear of the media slant? How long do you let thugs and leeches get away with terrorizing other citizens?

HOW LONG?

Sugarbuzz on May 22, 2010 at 4:08 PM

The DC Police escorted these thugs to a private citizens home; WTF…

Cops are union. ’nuff said.

friendlygrizzly on May 22, 2010 at 4:15 PM

What a thoroughly abhorrent group of people. It’s not as if this will change a thing–just gives them a chance to rattle non-existent swords. Must be too stupid to realize that beneath the surface, the Obama administration is madly kiss-ass with the banks and Wall Street. Useful idiots.

jeanie on May 22, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Here we go again. “Oh no we can’t fight back someone may not like us!!!”

HOW LONG?

Sugarbuzz on May 22, 2010 at 4:08 PM

I never said we should not protest but we should continue to protest peacefully and lawfully. I also never advocated we not defend ourselves or our principles. I also advocated that we carry out the ultimate form of protest of all and the we VOTE! Protesting wont change the line-up in Congress.

Yakko77 on May 22, 2010 at 4:50 PM

In short Sugarbuzz, I think we agree on far more than we disagree…. I just need work on how I articulate it at timesand may have worded my response more passivvely than intended. Believe me, I’m FIRED UP but I want us to fight back (not lay down) in the right and most effective ways.

Yakko77 on May 22, 2010 at 4:52 PM

This guy voted for it. I hope he’s happy.

Haunches on May 22, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Filthy, thieving, vile, lousy, gutless reds.

If I were on the jury, nothing this guy would have done to these people, I’d convict him for.

Nothing.

NoDonkey on May 22, 2010 at 5:54 PM

I sent my comments to whitehouse.gov re BO’s homies. Not the he GAS.

Dingbat63 on May 22, 2010 at 7:22 PM

I got a big angry Doberman named, Sarge, that dreams punks like this come up on his porch.

Alden Pyle on May 22, 2010 at 9:02 PM

Any mention here of the article on Drudge?

Police kill gun-wielding woman who refused to answer Census questions..

Eyas on May 22, 2010 at 9:55 PM

Colt M16!

belad on May 22, 2010 at 10:18 PM

14 School Busses of demonstrates. Just what are SEIU thugs doing in School Busses? Woluld like to see that contract, please.

Seems there is an administrator or few who needs to do some ‘splain’.

Caststeel on May 22, 2010 at 11:34 PM

YArrrrgh. I love how the useful idiot compares one lone nut on a tea party msg board to 500 frickin protesters wearing matching t-shirts as evidence that “both parties are really crossing the line”.

Public protest stops at the property line. Once you cross the property line… well … I live in Texas. That’s all I have to say ’bout that.

bitsy on May 23, 2010 at 12:30 AM

Searching cnn.com yields:
Article matches for “SEIU”:

Your search has yielded no results. Please adjust your search criteria.

There’s your problem…

Empiricist on May 23, 2010 at 1:43 AM

Ditto abcnews, though cbsnews and even msnbc
have some hits. However, none have this story…

Empiricist on May 23, 2010 at 4:21 AM

Headline should be
D.C. police escorted 500 SEIU thugs so they could terrorize a young teenage boy.

Headline should be

Factually correct regardless of D.C. police / SEIU thugs intentions.

DSchoen on May 23, 2010 at 5:16 AM

BobMbx on May 21, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Obama: The homeowner Young terrorized boy acted stupidly

FIFY!

DSchoen on May 23, 2010 at 5:36 AM

Names and addresses of SEUI folks, especially if they were the ones organizing this particular ‘protest’.

Names and addresses anyone?

Midas on May 22, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Here’s a start. Let’s start here and continue to work on putting this together.

SEIU LEADERS
Mary Kay Henry
Anna Burger
Mitch Ackerman
Gerry Hudson
Eliseo Medina
Bruce Raynor
Dave Regan
Tom Woodruff

KMC1 on May 23, 2010 at 9:27 AM

For that crowd of sub-humans

I recomend the ” punt gun “

Sonosam on May 23, 2010 at 9:28 AM

This egregious error by the union thugs seems to have REALLY peeved conservatives. I can’t remember such an angry thread in awhile. The anger is totally justified.
The question is: can we overcome the apathy of the average American? I’m not sure. Many people I know are still completely clueless as to what’s going on.
Scary.
Grace_is_sufficient on May 22, 2010 at 10:11 AM

reminds me of when the liberal scum organized bus tours of AIG execs

maybe it’s a personality flaw but I would love to take a flamethrower to these chimps

Sonosam on May 23, 2010 at 9:40 AM

chemman on May 22, 2010 at 2:38 PM

I think the same effect would occur here in Texas, chem, but first I’d introduce them to Mr. PitBull, Mr. Pitbull, Ms. PitBull, and then Mr. Dan Wesson would have a go.

I’m amazed the neighbors just hunkered down on a Sunday afternoon. Is that all the regard they have for where they live? Or do I poke my nose in my neighbors business too much?

TinMan13 on May 23, 2010 at 2:21 PM

What does she mean “My home”. It’s not your home until you pay for it.

ronsfi on May 23, 2010 at 5:05 PM

This shows a stark contrast between conservatives & liberals.

Conservatives confront their representatives when they are not representing them, when they are defying the will of the people. The townhalls are a good example of this.

Liberals confront private citizens, terrorizing their families in an attempt to intimidate them toward their position.

Liberals use astroturf: SEIU thugs
Conservatives: are real people with individual concerns

Mark7788 on May 23, 2010 at 8:48 PM

What good is the RICO act if terrorizing and threatening a family is allowed, in fact, condoned by the inaction of the police.

right2bright on May 23, 2010 at 8:57 PM

Remember: the first thing the Communists did when they took over the Soviet Union was kill children.

AaronGuzman on May 23, 2010 at 9:07 PM

chemman on May 22, 2010 at 2:38 PM

I’d prefer to make friends with the help of Mr. Beam, Mr. Daniels, and Mr. Cuervo.

That’s just me, though…..

Rightwingguy on May 24, 2010 at 1:20 AM

Or maybe this one.

justltl on May 24, 2010 at 2:37 AM

Remember the good ole days when democrats wanted to apply “RICO” racketeering laws to shut down pro-life protests?

What’s the next step for these thugs? Break into the house and kidnap the teenager? Stage their own “Daniel Pearl” video? So long as the silent majority allows these thugs to “push the envelop”, they’ll get bolder and bolder.

olesparkie on May 24, 2010 at 7:50 AM

Should have pissed on them from the second floor window…

PatriotRider on May 24, 2010 at 9:09 AM

If an angry mob stepped onto my yard, I would consider it a hostile act of agression with intent to cause grave bodily harm and the old shotgun would make an appearance. Or maybe the AR, it has 30 round magazines.

Big John on May 24, 2010 at 10:11 AM

SEIU has shown U.S. what happens when no one keeps check on an extreme socialist group. They have developed an arrogance that where they think they have authority over all of your actions; and if you do not do as they say you will be physically punished into compliance.

Remember that when you receive a nasty notice from the SEIU that your dues are due, past due, and you are obligated to do as they tell you to do because they are authorized to do what they want to do under the protection of the Constitution and authority of Politicians.

Let’s start a contest for the most intelligent description of what the letters SEIU stand for. My entries; Socialist Extremists In-charge of U (you) OR Socially Extinct Individuals Uncovered.

MSGTAS on May 24, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Um, any other Maryland residents contact their representatives to see what happened? What they plan on doing about it?

joeindc44 on May 24, 2010 at 2:39 PM

This is really getting good …

DC FOP:

“The FOP is unaware of any MPD officers being involved in this activity. MPD has denied that any vehicles or officers were sent into Maryland. In addition, the details were provided without any confirmation or citation to the source of the allegations. Finally, the details that were provided do not match or conform to MPD protocols for protests or other actions by MPD.

J_Crater on May 24, 2010 at 7:45 PM

If the SEIU wants to protest greed, then they need to show up at the houses of their own leaders. Why would the SEIU need $90 million? For crooked executive pay, of course.

jediwebdude on May 25, 2010 at 9:08 AM

I’m so glad the communist, Hussein Obama, has brown shirts to enforce and intimidate.

Inanemergencydial on May 25, 2010 at 10:49 AM