SEIU protesters descend on bank exec’s home, terrifying his son

posted at 10:16 pm on May 21, 2010 by Allahpundit

Big Journalism has been all over this, including the odd detail that D.C. cops evidently escorted the Purple People-Beaters to the Bank of America executive’s home in Rockville, Maryland. Fox News regular Nina Easton was on the scene, with good reason: She lives right next door. Quote:

Last Sunday, on a peaceful, sun-crisp afternoon, our toddler finally napping upstairs, my front yard exploded with 500 screaming, placard-waving strangers on a mission to intimidate my neighbor, Greg Baer. Baer is deputy general counsel for corporate law at Bank of America (BAC, Fortune 500), a senior executive based in Washington, D.C. And that — in the minds of the organizers at the politically influential Service Employees International Union and a Chicago outfit called National Political Action — makes his family fair game.

Waving signs denouncing bank “greed,” hordes of invaders poured out of 14 school buses, up Baer’s steps, and onto his front porch. As bullhorns rattled with stories of debtor calls and foreclosed homes, Baer’s teenage son Jack — alone in the house — locked himself in the bathroom. “When are they going to leave?” Jack pleaded when I called to check on him…

Now this event would accurately be called a “protest” if it were taking place at, say, a bank or the U.S. Capitol. But when hundreds of loud and angry strangers are descending on your family, your children, and your home, a more apt description of this assemblage would be “mob.” Intimidation was the whole point of this exercise, and it worked-even on the police. A trio of officers who belatedly answered our calls confessed a fear that arrests might “incite” these trespassers.

According to Easton, Baer is … a lifelong Democrat. For her trouble in reporting on this, she’s naturally been smeared by the left. As for why SEIU is singling out Bank of America for thug tactics, supposedly it’s a protest of foreclosures by banks generally but Big Journalism notes that the union apparently owes BoA $90 million, which, per Easton, means $4 million in outstanding interest and fees. Terrorizing an exec’s family might make them think twice about being too insistent in collecting. Click the second image below to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

I could be wrong, but I don’t see that going down quite the same way south of the Mason-Dixon line.

ddrintn on May 22, 2010 at 12:08 AM

I hate to be the picker of nits, but the northern border of Maryland IS the south side of the Mason and Dixon Line. I know it’s most commonly referred to as a state of mind, but it’s also a geographical feature. Just sayin.

TugboatPhil on May 22, 2010 at 4:16 AM

“bank greed” to an SEIU member = “How dare you ask me to pay for my house? I DESERVE a free house, and you owe me one! Because you’re rich, and I ain’t!”

Grace_is_sufficient on May 22, 2010 at 5:29 AM

American terrorism at its finest.

When this country was being settled, there was no organized law inforcement. It was left to good men to bring about justice. And justice was swift and most often not pretty.

If the police, and MackDaddy’s executive office, are unwilling to protect the law abiding, then we will have to do it ourselves.

I’m a nobody, so I don’t expect a mob to gather around my house. (Of course, neither did the bank exec.) But if it were to happen, “Get off my lawn!”

davidk on May 22, 2010 at 6:02 AM

RoxanneH on May 22, 2010 at 1:54 AM

Great quotes. Thanks.

BTW Great dress, too. Red is my favorite color.

(Yeah. I know you’ve been hassled endlessly about that, but I thought I’d get it out and over with so you can quote in peace.)

davidk on May 22, 2010 at 6:11 AM

Seems to me that this is harassment to a criminal degree. I would press criminal charges for this.

meep on May 22, 2010 at 6:35 AM

So when are we organizing our own forces for pushback? You let bullies get away with crap like this and they just get bolder.

Or are we going to do the usual conservative thing and post strongly worded opinions on various blogs, and that’s the end of it. Much like roosters scratching in the dust trying to look threatening. Pathetic

I’m tired of seeing the word “fear” thrown around on these blogs as a response to this kind of thuggery. I’m not fearful of these human turds, I’m angry.

A N G R Y

And I want some damn payback.

wake the hell up people. November elections won’t save you, they are going to be the beginning of the endgame.

Sugarbuzz on May 22, 2010 at 6:48 AM

Tugboat Phil,

Re your nit-picking: You don’t know the Maryland, DC, Virginia region very well, do you?

Maryland’s northern border may serve as the southern side of the Mason Dixon line, but save for a scant few counties in northern and southern Maryland, it’s about as Liberal Socialist-leaning Northeast as you can get. Same goes for Fairfax County Virginia.

The REAL social dividing line between north and south became the Rappahannock River DECADES AGO.

Shirotayama on May 22, 2010 at 7:02 AM

Sugarbuzz on May 22, 2010 at 6:48 AM

I agree.

Elections will not solve this.

Curious, has Obama denounced this?

Of course he hasn’t. He desires it.

jeff_from_mpls on May 22, 2010 at 7:17 AM

I can’t help but enjoy the hilarious irony: Bank of America is run by a bunch of effing leftists and open borders freaks, and is drenched in the stench of corporate political correctness gobbledygook.

These punks and sissies are on the same team as the guy whose house they raided. Eff ‘em all.

Jaibones on May 22, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Yep. I feel sorry for the kid, who didn’t deserve this, but I have no sympathy for BofA. During the height of the housing bubble here, they (along with Wells Fargo and others) were tripping over themselves to offer taxpayer-backed mortgage loans to illegals: No money down, No Social Security number required, Se habla Espanol.

Reap what you’ve sown, BofA.

AZCoyote on May 22, 2010 at 7:22 AM

The Socialist Democrat Workers Party doing what they do best. Thug politics.

May God forgive them.

Zorro on May 22, 2010 at 7:27 AM

9mm

Apply directly to the forehead.

aquaviva on May 21, 2010 at 10:42 PM

If I use my M14, I can get 4 or 5 with each shot.

csdeven on May 22, 2010 at 7:28 AM

The DC Police escorted these thugs to a private citizens home; WTF…

Keemo on May 22, 2010 at 7:31 AM

To paraphrase It’s a Wonderful Life:

When an SEIU member loses their job, an angel gets his wings

galtg on May 22, 2010 at 7:38 AM

If I use my M14, I can get 4 or 5 with each shot.

csdeven on May 22, 2010 at 7:28 AM

Indeed, great penetrating power.

ray on May 22, 2010 at 7:40 AM

Interesting…

Keemo on May 22, 2010 at 7:52 AM

Imagine that 911 call:

Jack: “There are dozens of people trespassing on my property shouting through bullhorns.”

911: “We know. We escorted them there.”

Kafir on May 22, 2010 at 7:58 AM

The SEIU thugs were escorted by their comrades, the AFSCME thugs, the police who we pay for out of our taxes. Yes all of us, DC cops salary comes out of fedreal coffers.

Make no bones about it, we are witnessing the onset of a syndicalist police state. The SEIU until recently was run by Andy Stern, the former SDS/Weather Underground member who famously quipped that he didn’t beleive in the power of persuasion, he beleives in the persausion of power. The DC police are members of AFSCME who’s day to day operations are run by Paul Booth, another former SDS/Weather Underground memeber.

Coincidence, I think not, look up syndicalism it is what the SDS/Weather Underground committed terrorism in the 60′s, 70′s and 80′s to bring about, the power-trio of Big Gov’t, Big Labor & Big Corp’s are what is seizing the last vestiges of our constitutional republic. Scenes like the above are just the beginning, you can either rise up, or bow to it, there are no other options.

Archimedes on May 22, 2010 at 8:10 AM

Do these nitwits even know that its the Bank of America that cut a deal with the Department of Justice in regards to the muni-bond scandal?

rob verdi on May 22, 2010 at 8:11 AM

Archimedes on May 22, 2010 at 8:10 AM

Purposeful moves to create an excuse for martial law? Is that what is coming?

Keemo on May 22, 2010 at 8:18 AM

Reap what you’ve sown, BofA.

AZCoyote on May 22, 2010 at 7:22 AM

A bitter harvest indeed.

Wouldn’t it be hilarious if the leftist fools ended up protesting lefty businesses en masse?

Dark-Star on May 22, 2010 at 8:19 AM

rob verdi on May 22, 2010 at 8:11 AM

They don’t care. It’s not about cutting deals or about the mortgages or about helping the poor. It’s about destroying, intimidating and tearing down while they use the idiots to place themselves in power.

Anytime you think it’s really about what they say it’s about, you’re wrong. It is always about destroying our freedoms, our private properties, taking over our wealth and removing anyone who gets in their way from the picture. It is never about anything else.
This episode on posted on this thread will seem like nothing compared to what we will see a few short years from now, from these same people if they are not stopped.

JellyToast on May 22, 2010 at 8:32 AM

Archimedes on May 22, 2010 at 8:10 AM

Purposeful moves to create an excuse for martial law? Is that what is coming?

Keemo on May 22, 2010 at 8:18 AM

Yes, I think the progressives biggest hope is that we engage with 9mm’s & M14′s like the commenters opine about. I think that is a tragic mistake, at least at this juncture, as it plays right into their hands. I think they are deliberately trying to push into civil strife in order the declare an “emergeny”, which of course is a “crisis” that they will not let go to waste.

I think such an ovccurrence would be particularily helpful to them say, right before an election. Maybe 11/10 or 11/12?

I wrote on this subject back last September,

Archimedes on May 22, 2010 at 8:33 AM

F these freaks

blatantblue on May 22, 2010 at 8:33 AM

Shirotayama on May 22, 2010 at 7:02 AM

There are conservatives in Northern Virginia. We’re outnumbered, true. But we did pretty well last election.
I prefer voting out thugs to using kinetic energy, for now.

Last night in Reston I met the two Republican candidates running in VA-8 to dethrone Jim Moran. Patrick Murray and Matthew Berry were both strong and common-sense conservatives. Berry is more energetic, and has more money than usual. If we all push, we can start taking back our government.

NaCly dog on May 22, 2010 at 8:45 AM

Archimedes on May 22, 2010 at 8:33 AM

Agree with your analysis… I sure hope we can count on our military to make the right decisions, make the right choices. The only way our country is going to solve it’s dept crisis is to shut down the welfare state, and stop the union pensions plans, ect… This will not go quietly as we are seeing in Greece right now.

Keemo on May 22, 2010 at 8:50 AM

i don’t want to hear another word about the tea partiers by the MFM after seeing this.

sbvft contributor on May 22, 2010 at 8:52 AM

One mag of 5.56 right through the bullhorn. Problem solved.

MikeA on May 22, 2010 at 8:52 AM

The Socialist Democrat Workers Party doing what they do best. Thug politics.

May God forgive them.

Zorro on May 22, 2010 at 7:27 AM

Yes, may He. I won’t.

MikeA on May 22, 2010 at 8:53 AM

This behavior is abominable. From Calderon lecturing the US in our house to these hundreds of thugs showing up at this mans house, private property, without the police doing anything about it. I am concerned that people are going to get hurt, or worse in the near future.

ted c on May 22, 2010 at 8:54 AM

Yes their organization is a shock to us. The fact that they have so much power is also depressing but their numbers are small 10 or 20 mil, not enough to win if we are awake. AGITATION,a la alinsky,will be their MO to create a crisis when we push back. First we stand our ground, then we must defend our elections from acorn tactics, then we crush them.

tim c on May 22, 2010 at 8:54 AM

One mag of 5.56 right through the bullhorn. Problem solved.

MikeA on May 22, 2010 at 8:52 AM

Electronic bullhorns might be vulnerable to EMP blasts. ;]

Dark-Star on May 22, 2010 at 8:56 AM

Keemo on May 22, 2010 at 8:50 AM

Yep.

Last night I was reading a book about the cosmological and teleological arguments for God’s existence. (Stay with me…lol). When the authors mentioned the exquisite fine-tuning of the universe, throwing around astronomical numbers like “hundreds of billions”, I was impressed.

Then I remembered that Obummer wanted to keep Obamacare under one TRILLION dollars.

My balloon deflated.

We’re in for it, America.

Big time.

Grace_is_sufficient on May 22, 2010 at 8:59 AM

Electronic bullhorns might be vulnerable to EMP blasts. ;]

Dark-Star on May 22, 2010 at 8:56 AM

True, but that might kill some birds and trees. Nope, this situation is why there exists that “full auto” setting on the selector switch.

MikeA on May 22, 2010 at 8:59 AM

F these freaks

blatantblue on May 22, 2010 at 8:33 AM

You “f” them if you want. I would have a less intimate, but much more effective, solution planned.

Yoop on May 22, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Keemo on May 22, 2010 at 8:50 AM

Our military I am not so worried about, it is LE that concerns me which over the 20yrs or so has become a para-military run amok. The Balko white paper by the CATO institute is the most frightening thing I have ever read.

Do not read this if you want to get to sleep tonight!

Archimedes on May 22, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Curious, has Obama denounced this?

Of course he hasn’t. He desires it.

jeff_from_mpls on May 22, 2010 at 7:17 AM

No pitchforks, no problem.

Barnestormer on May 22, 2010 at 9:04 AM

Cops (unionized) assisting in this lawlessness is what scares me. How is this lawful? At a minimum, they’re trespassing. Those pieces of sh*t have no right to be on the owner’s private property. What cowards. The reluctant cops should be fired.

And no GOP politician should overlook this. This scene is a scene of life in Obama’s secular-socialist America.

BuckeyeSam on May 22, 2010 at 9:08 AM

Aside from generating revenue for the state, the police are really only good for a couple of basic things. If they can’t even handle that… like keeping a mob of belligerent crazies off my property… what do we need them for?

12thMonkey on May 22, 2010 at 1:36 AM

Hey, I totally agree. The freaking police escorted these thugs to this man’s front porch! A mob is a mob! The police stated they were afraid to arrest out of fear…! Out of fear! So the police looked at this mob and they were too afraid to intervene and protect a tax paying innocent citizen! Th police judged this mob as a threat but they did nothing! So what should the home owner have done? He couldn’t have come out with a gun since this is DC, blast it! Let them try this crap in some other part of the country and see how it goes for them! If the police say they won’t intervene because they judge the mob a threat, then the homeowner should have good justification for protecting his property and life from a mob the police were to afraid of to stop!

JellyToast on May 22, 2010 at 9:12 AM

This scene is a scene of life in Obama’s secular-socialist America.

BuckeyeSam on May 22, 2010 at 9:08 AM

This scene will not play out too many times before the act meets a forceful dissuasion. Then the SHTF.

Certain record sales that have been ongoing since November of 2008 suggest that a whole lot of people have been preparing to watch the fan.

Yoop on May 22, 2010 at 9:17 AM

You’re either with the Thugs or against them. Those who think they can ride this out from the sidelines are sadly mistaken.

Fight back people…or suffer the Thugocracy that IS Amerika 2.0

Justrand on May 22, 2010 at 9:17 AM

Nazi wannabes

ErinF on May 22, 2010 at 9:17 AM

The tort is called assault. Looks to me like Cops Doe #1, 2 and 3 would make pretty good plaintiff’s witnesses.

Barnestormer on May 22, 2010 at 9:18 AM

Grace_is_sufficient on May 22, 2010 at 8:59 AM

Keemo on May 22, 2010 at 8:50 AM

The way out of our fiscal mess is a severe reduction in the size of our gov’t. Reduce gov’t payroll(fire) at least 20% of all Fed, State, County, municipal workers. No if’s and’s or but’s. The remaining 80% take a 30% reduction in salary and benefits, if they don’t like it, they can quit! There are plenty of unemployed Americans who would jump at chance of those jobs at that compensation.

Add to this an overall slashing of all departmental (except defense) budgets, not a slowing of increases, a cut. Say around 15-20% as a start and make adjustments the following year.

You jump start the economy the same way we did in the Great Depression, MASSIVE MILITARY build up and replenishment. Our forces are drained and worn down, much our weapons systems are 20, 30, 40, even 50+yrs old! The B-52 stands for Boeing 1952. We are fighting two wars and with the collapse of europe we are more alone than ever in a world with an Imperialist Putin reasserting itself and a China that is seeking ever more dominance.

Archimedes on May 22, 2010 at 9:19 AM

Why were these people not arrested for trespassing on this man’s property? Or : maybe arrest the person who held the gun to these imbecile’s heads forcing them to sign on to the mortgages. GAD, this is what Obama and his thugs are dong to America.

Bert Convy on May 22, 2010 at 9:23 AM

what’s with all the killing?

tlynch001 on May 22, 2010 at 9:30 AM

This lady with the glasses and annoying voice keeps pushing the “gas line” thing. We do not know who did that and what movivated that. SEIU busing in hundreds of people to a private home is VERY different.
Absolute shameless hyprocrites. Who do they think they are fooling.

RobCon on May 22, 2010 at 9:31 AM

Why didn’t they protest in front of Barney Frank’s and Chris Dodd’s homes for forcing the banks to make the loans in the first place under penalty of fines if they did not under the Democrat Community Reinvestment Act social engineering program that caused the whole mess in the first place…”

Oh, wait!

Seven Percent Solution on May 22, 2010 at 1:06 AM

An excellent question.

ncborn on May 22, 2010 at 9:31 AM

Just like the imbicilic construction coalitions that tried to shake us down for money in Brooklyn and queens

more stupid and mindless animals you are not likely to see

Sonosam on May 22, 2010 at 9:32 AM

Up on Housing Project Hill
It’s either fortune or fame
You must pick up one or the other
Though neither of them are to be what they claim
If you’re lookin’ to get silly
You better go back to from where you came
Because the cops don’t need you
And man they expect the same.

Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb’s Blues

Barnestormer on May 22, 2010 at 9:35 AM

This is why we are as a nation going frickin broke!

Excerpt:

“In Yonkers, more than 100 retired police officers and firefighters are collecting pensions greater than their pay when they were working. One of the youngest, Hugo Tassone, retired at 44 with a base pay of about $74,000 a year. His pension is now $101,333 a year.”

Archimedes on May 22, 2010 at 9:37 AM

JellyToast on May 22, 2010 at 9:12 AM

They certainly wouldn’t try this here. Nearly everyone has guns…if the home owner doesn’t, a neighbor will.

ladyingray on May 22, 2010 at 9:37 AM

And it also why we see these cops escorting/providing support of their fellow union thugs.

Archimedes on May 22, 2010 at 9:40 AM

What ever happen to criminal trespass laws in this state and county.Let these bastards come to home near me and the owner come out on his front porch with a 12 ga see how fast they can run.Try this in a state were we have the castle law come on SEIU thugs make my day.

thmcbb on May 22, 2010 at 9:48 AM

Archimedes on May 22, 2010 at 9:19 AM

I like the way you think, except that our gov’t has become SO massive that if you cut 20% of employees and give the remaining 80% a 30% paycut, the economy will come to a careening halt.

My solution? Make every single gov’t employee write a ONE-SENTENCE description of their job. Then let the taxpayers rank the jobs, in order, from most critical to least critical. Cut the bottom ten percent.

Thus, the sentence “I teach your children to read” might be more compelling than the sentence “I manage a group of people who talk about the best way to teach your children how to read.”

Too much bureaucracy. Not enough doers.

Grace_is_sufficient on May 22, 2010 at 9:50 AM

I also will not sit idly by while a mob attacks my house or that of a neighbor.

They get ONE warning shot from my 12 ga. Then…

And let’s be clear here…if that young boy in the house had come out and RIGHTFULLY gotten angry with that mob he would be in the hospital now. Sooner or later that WILL be the outcome.

tic…tic…tic…

Justrand on May 22, 2010 at 10:02 AM

Grace_is_sufficient on May 22, 2010 at 9:50 AM

Ditto’s on all of that…

Keemo on May 22, 2010 at 10:06 AM

I take it, the animals borrowed from the bank, to funnel money to the corrupt Chicago machine trash. Then the corrupt Chicago machine trash turns the animals back loose on the bank, when the bill is due. Nice racket.

But, in America, it takes trash to represent trash, thus the 0bama Presidency.

MNHawk on May 22, 2010 at 10:07 AM

Zimbabwe here we come

Sonosam on May 22, 2010 at 10:07 AM

Oh, wait!

Seven Percent Solution on May 22, 2010 at 1:06 AM

7% you’re always worth the read comrade!

Keemo on May 22, 2010 at 10:09 AM

This egregious error by the union thugs seems to have REALLY peeved conservatives. I can’t remember such an angry thread in awhile. The anger is totally justified.

The question is: can we overcome the apathy of the average American? I’m not sure. Many people I know are still completely clueless as to what’s going on.

Scary.

Grace_is_sufficient on May 22, 2010 at 10:11 AM

Beck has been telling us for quite some time, that the plan is to provoke the public until something breaks loose which will allow Obama to call for martial law. Beck has been ridiculed by many on our side, savaged by all on the other side; he has also been right the f**k on far too often to ignore.

Keemo on May 22, 2010 at 10:11 AM

It’s time to boycott public employees. Oh wait…

Mojave Mark on May 22, 2010 at 10:12 AM

what’s with all the killing?

tlynch001 on May 22, 2010 at 9:30 AM

What’s with all the thuggery and mob intimidation? Don’t be an idiot.

AsianGirlInTights on May 22, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Where is ‘Elliot Ness’ when you need him. SEIU has taken on the characteristics of the mob. Except the mob has s higher degree of ethics and family than the SEIU. This action is proof of the claim that the SEIU does not have any respect for it members and would rather repress than represent.

MSGTAS on May 22, 2010 at 10:15 AM

A home invasion/protection money visit by Tea Party union mobs, to hold a child hostage for $90 million, run out of the Nixon White House and abetted by the local police?

In the old days, the Mob infiltrated the unions, not vice versa.

Noel on May 22, 2010 at 10:17 AM

A N G R Y

And I want some damn payback.

Sugarbuzz on May 22, 2010 at 6:48 AM

I absolutely could not agree more!!!!

Let’s organize a “protest” on the front lawn of one or two of the instigators behind this disguting display!

I am completely serious!

KMC1 on May 22, 2010 at 10:18 AM

I only wish the kid had had the presence of mind to turn on the automatic sprinkler system. LOL

devolvingtowardsidiocracy on May 22, 2010 at 10:19 AM

A little OT, but how do DC cops cross th MD line in a non-emergency situation like this? Where was Montgomery county? Where were the city of Rockville cops?

bernzright777 on May 22, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Why didn’t he just decide it was time to water the lawn??
At the very least.

BigWyo on May 22, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Grace_is_sufficient on May 22, 2010 at 9:50 AM

I thought I addressed that here,

Archimedes on May 22, 2010 at 9:19 AM

Private production, not public jobs which have become patronage welfare of ones union constituents. Those ex-gov’t employees can get new jobs in the defense industry, if they’re compentent,if not they can wait tables where those defense employees go for lunch. The latter being more likely.

Increased production of military hardware spurs trickle down, Rooseveldt & Reagan both did it. And this not make-work, our military has running at full operational capacity woith less and less resources, while the potential for conflicts is growing, not shrinking. See. N/S Korea.

Archimedes on May 22, 2010 at 10:30 AM

Sugarbuzz on May 22, 2010 at 6:48 AM

Remember citizen fired the first shots in Boston. The elections will help but we will have to pick a fight to draw out their hidden agenda. Defense will not work and we need to move this to a battlefield of our choice.

serendip2b on May 22, 2010 at 10:49 AM

A mob needs to form on Andy Stern’s lawn.

Disturb the Universe on May 22, 2010 at 10:59 AM

SEIU thuggery domestic terrorism

petefrt on May 22, 2010 at 11:05 AM

They trapped the guy’s KID in there?? Why? Because they can’t pay the mortgage they agreed to pay? GEEZ

Jewels on May 22, 2010 at 11:06 AM

We can all look at this and make comments about what we would have done if it had been our family instead of this bank exec’s. But the reality is that sooner or later one of these incidents actually will result in some hapless victim of the loony left acting to defend his turf. Then we can expect all out war in the streets of America.

MikeA on May 22, 2010 at 11:07 AM

I absolutely could not agree more!!!!

I am completely serious!

KMC1 on May 22, 2010 at 10:18 AM

Names and addresses of SEUI folks, especially if they were the ones organizing this particular ‘protest’.

Names and addresses anyone?

Midas on May 22, 2010 at 11:17 AM

This administration has been trying to play labor into galvanized blue collar support for the Dems. I hope that their future moves are this inept.

IlikedAUH2O on May 22, 2010 at 11:28 AM

The SEIU thugs were escorted to the residence by the police. Obuma uses intimidation with the help of the police. Sound familiar???

volsense on May 22, 2010 at 11:33 AM

A group of people positioning themselves on my private property wouldn’t have gone over like that.

ButterflyDragon on May 22, 2010 at 11:34 AM

Time to get grass sprinklers installed

J_Crater on May 22, 2010 at 11:37 AM

Archimedes on May 22, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Thanks for the link. I always think it’s dangerous to hand over too much equipment to the cops.

I don’t think they get enough training to go with the extra responsibility.

I know in states like mine (MA), promotion and hiring is a PC, quota-based system (with a heavy dose of nepotism), so you don’t have the best of the best out there. Yes, there are exceptions, as always.

These SWAT teams and the like, need a lot more training, and not just on the tactical level. There needs to be much better intel and coordination.

There is no excuse for busting in the wrong door. Ever.

reaganaut on May 22, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Liberal cities produce liberal cops. They aren’t the brightest bulbs sometimes.

Liberalism = rule of whim rather than the rule of law.

It appears this was trespassing, and there should be a lawsuit. Those idiot cops should be fired for criminal negligence. They should have called out the SWAT Team if they were afraid,

And yes, the sprinklers should have been turned on too.

scotash on May 22, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Well, I’m glad she wasn’t DEFENDING their actions.

ctmom on May 22, 2010 at 12:29 PM

This is all over the elite liberal media…thanks Nina…/

d1carter on May 21, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Yeah, I’m not holding my breath on that one either.

Now if it were Tea party protesters doing this…….

Yakko77 on May 22, 2010 at 12:32 PM

Get a gun. Next time these idiots trespass on private property, they won’t be terrorizing teenagers.

Let’s hope the lesson in this is that we have another teenager who sees what hypocritical jerks liberals are.

englishqueen01 on May 22, 2010 at 12:34 PM

reaganaut on May 22, 2010 at 12:24 PM

The disturbing thing (other than the countless times SWAT teams are used against innocents) about the LE para-military teams is that they are self funding. At first glance that sounds good, until you learn more. In drug interdiction cases they confiscate the assets of the accused, auction them off and then the proceeds are put into LE coffers. Even in cases of mistaken identity, wrong address or just faulty intel where the assaulted were completely innocent, really. That is nothing more than armed robbery the police.

I know it seems incredible, but Balko has documented how common it is that people are mistakenly robbed or even killed with little or no repurcussions to LE. He has stats showing that the war on drugs has been used as a self serving vehicle for LE to buy itself new toys. The numbers clearly show that its not a rarity, its an epidemic.

When theses tactics are brought to bear against terrorists Tea partiers it will be reminescent of Nazi’s funding their operations by confiscation of the assets of perceived undesirables.

Prepare for a brave new world.

Archimedes on May 22, 2010 at 12:55 PM

Oops, I meant…

Prepare for a brave new world.

Archimedes on May 22, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Inform the police and the mob that they have 5 minutes to disperse. One warning shot. Then I’m opening fire. After all “I was in fear for my life” and have the right to self defense. They may get me, but I won’t go alone.

Sam_I_Am on May 22, 2010 at 1:00 PM

We should start organizing mob protests on the front porch of SEIU member’s homes. Start going tit for tat.

What I love about the guest on the clip is how she is trying to explain how securities markets work.

“So heres the thing. I don’t think that people should be taking out mortgages they can’t afford, theres no question about it. But there is something that links their bad decision with an effect on my home price when I’m a person who hasn’t done anything wrong and the thing that links those is the securitization market.”

So she is saying the packaging of debt and reselling of this debt is what causes housing prices to increase and decrease? Supply and demand doesn’t? Recent comparable sales in your neighborhood doesn’t drive the price of your home? It makes me wonder if she has any idea how mortgage backed securites work.

The market value of tranches of MBSs is only indicative of the supply and demand in the market, not the value of your home. She is basically trying to say that the existence of debt on your home is what drives the market value. If I pay off my home, does it make it worth more? No. What makes my home worth more is how much the next person is willing to buy it for. Thats it. Whether or not I have a mortgage (or who owns my mortgage for that matter) makes absolutely NO difference on the value of my home.

Try telling the tax assessor that they have your assessment wrong because your mortgage has been packaged and resold. They will look at you like a dog looks at a high pitch noise.

As to her comment about derivatives not trading on any market….have you heard of the CBOE?

How about going after FHLMC, FNMA, and GNMA as they are the packagers of most of those mortgages?

Eprider on May 22, 2010 at 1:25 PM

If the BofA exec’s kids weren’t around, he could have talked to Easton, then gone inside his home and blasted at high volume a youtube or movie clip of a shootout. Then Easton could call 911 and report the “sound” of gunfire “from outside” the home.

Christien on May 22, 2010 at 1:44 PM

I have two points.
One: This and worse is what happened in Germany to people who opposed the Nazis.

Two: This audio reflects the mental capability of the brutes in this mob:
Click here: YouTube – Michael Savage – Jo from Florida demonstrates how stupid she is on radio
INCREDIBLE!

LarryG on May 22, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Sorry about that link. Here’s the one that works:

LarryG on May 22, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Eprider on May 22, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Megyn never should have given her a moment’s time to air her liberal talking points. The argument should have rested solely on SEIU, their CLEAR record of thuggery, the issue of private property and the intent to intimidate. Forget SEIU’s entire message, when a case is this clear, you don’t allow an inch of sympathy to distract you from the issue. This of one of the most chilling displays of soft terrorism I’ve seen…and we cannot let this by without sufficient pay back. They’re learning what they can get away with, bit by bit…they’re getting more aggressive.

I’ve read all of Big Journo’s posts, but, still don’t understand what the law is about private property/trespassing. The fact that the burden lies on the property OWNER to disperse a mob like that and not the burden of the mob itself to stay the eff off the lawn in the first place…just…blows my mind. Is this just a MD thing?

And, were they on his FRONT PORCH?

I’m soooo steamed over this, still.

Bee on May 22, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Sorry again, on my first cuppa. Question: What color do you get when you mix red and blue?

LarryG on May 22, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Bolsheviks, history repeats! Back in the USSR…

serendip2b on May 22, 2010 at 1:56 PM

This is why the Castle Doctrine needs to extend to the edge of your property line, not just your front door.

The Lone Platypus on May 22, 2010 at 2:09 PM

The violence inherent in the Left.

Jack-booted thug fascism.

rbj on May 22, 2010 at 2:12 PM

The Lone Platypus on May 22, 2010 at 2:09 PM

Couple of questions: when does it become a matter of trespassing? When is your lawn considered your property? Is this a state-by-state decision? And, wasn’t that his bleeping!@%&^*#$&@*!&#& front porch, anyway? So, so very angry over this.

Bee on May 22, 2010 at 2:15 PM

This would have been a good situation for a Lord of the Rings sword, axe and dagger collection.
No firearms allowed?
No problem, I’ve got an Elven longbow jerks!
Get the hell off my property or be perforated forthwith!

Brian1972 on May 22, 2010 at 2:17 PM

Bullies + Idiots = SEIU

What’s the best way to handle a bully?

badtemper on May 22, 2010 at 2:21 PM