SEIU protesters descend on bank exec’s home, terrifying his son

posted at 10:16 pm on May 21, 2010 by Allahpundit

Big Journalism has been all over this, including the odd detail that D.C. cops evidently escorted the Purple People-Beaters to the Bank of America executive’s home in Rockville, Maryland. Fox News regular Nina Easton was on the scene, with good reason: She lives right next door. Quote:

Last Sunday, on a peaceful, sun-crisp afternoon, our toddler finally napping upstairs, my front yard exploded with 500 screaming, placard-waving strangers on a mission to intimidate my neighbor, Greg Baer. Baer is deputy general counsel for corporate law at Bank of America (BAC, Fortune 500), a senior executive based in Washington, D.C. And that — in the minds of the organizers at the politically influential Service Employees International Union and a Chicago outfit called National Political Action — makes his family fair game.

Waving signs denouncing bank “greed,” hordes of invaders poured out of 14 school buses, up Baer’s steps, and onto his front porch. As bullhorns rattled with stories of debtor calls and foreclosed homes, Baer’s teenage son Jack — alone in the house — locked himself in the bathroom. “When are they going to leave?” Jack pleaded when I called to check on him…

Now this event would accurately be called a “protest” if it were taking place at, say, a bank or the U.S. Capitol. But when hundreds of loud and angry strangers are descending on your family, your children, and your home, a more apt description of this assemblage would be “mob.” Intimidation was the whole point of this exercise, and it worked-even on the police. A trio of officers who belatedly answered our calls confessed a fear that arrests might “incite” these trespassers.

According to Easton, Baer is … a lifelong Democrat. For her trouble in reporting on this, she’s naturally been smeared by the left. As for why SEIU is singling out Bank of America for thug tactics, supposedly it’s a protest of foreclosures by banks generally but Big Journalism notes that the union apparently owes BoA $90 million, which, per Easton, means $4 million in outstanding interest and fees. Terrorizing an exec’s family might make them think twice about being too insistent in collecting. Click the second image below to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Glad they didn’t show up at my uncle’s fortress. He owns every type of gun ever made… and has bullets for all.

txag92 on May 21, 2010 at 10:59 PM

Glenn Beck covered this very well, yesterday. I’m really beginning to think that we may end up in a shooting war. I forgot how many busses were used to bring these leeches in.

And, then the police don’t do anything to stop this disturbing the peace in a neighborhood?!?

Mirimichi on May 21, 2010 at 11:00 PM

As I understand property law and the deed to my house, the sidewalk and green lawn next to the street is public property. Everything else is my property.

So, I ask the demonstrators to get off my property because they are threatening me and I’m scared. Then I call the police, bring my rifle and pistol outside and tell the folks to back off.

Now, let’s see what happens.

Special Forces Grunt on May 21, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Right out of the Alinsky playbook.

Ed Driscoll on May 21, 2010 at 10:53 PM

It’s right out of the Mafia handbook and when the government encourages, enables and facilitates it, the Government is nothing but an organized crime family using violence and intimidation to achieve their objectives.

TheBigOldDog on May 21, 2010 at 11:01 PM

Okay. But that mob isn’t assembled now. Many, many faces are clearly recognizaable. I haven’t heard about any of these brownshirts purpleshirts/redshirts being arrested. Do they have some kind of special status in Maryland law?

Eren on May 21, 2010 at 11:01 PM

Baer is a lawyer. This should be fun, if he has any balls. Wonder what it’s like to OWN a union? And a town for failing to provide adequate police protection?

GarandFan on May 21, 2010 at 11:01 PM

What kind of laws, if any, do they have there? You mean it was legal for that crowd to go on private property, trample the lawn, right up to the door, in a residential neighborhood and make all that noise? I just don’t think they would get away with something like that here in W TX. All we are required to do is notify people they are trespassing and to get off the property. After that, well, they could get hurt.

Oleta on May 21, 2010 at 11:02 PM

I first heard about this on Glenn Beck yesterday and the way he described it was horrible. The BoA guy was more or less trapped in his car with his younger son while his older son was trapped, alone in the house. He couldn’t leave one son to reach the other. Terrifying.

ExcessivelyDiverted on May 21, 2010 at 10:31 PM

Would have been a good day to be driving a Toyota… Sticky accelerator pedal and all. As tight as that crowd was on the lawn, I’d say 10 or more were possible, and that’s before putin er in reverse for a second run.

RalphyBoy on May 21, 2010 at 11:02 PM

One word: Rocksalt.

Bruce in NH on May 21, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Here in Texas trespassing’s a misdemeanor. Even with 500 people outside your front door.

Have fun spending your 20 years for shooting someone with rocksalt … or life by killing someone.

If they’re breaking down your front door, that’s a different story.

BowHuntingTexas on May 21, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Obama:

The homeowner acted stupidly

BobMbx on May 21, 2010 at 11:03 PM

I’ve already walked my family through this scenario. Having two large dogs and my concealed handgun permit make this a little easier for me. I would also call ahead to my wife so she could be upstairs with her gun providing cover from the bedroom window. I double-dog dare these SEIU vermin to roadtrip to Texas and just try this shtick on us. But they won’t because they are nothing but a gang of mental midget failures in life with no backbones.

The best way to beat a bully is punch him straight in the nose.

cannonball on May 21, 2010 at 11:04 PM

After that, well, they could get hurt.

Oleta on May 21, 2010 at 11:02 PM

Classical West Texas understatement!

Eren on May 21, 2010 at 11:04 PM

So this administration truly is Crime Inc….

d1carter on May 21, 2010 at 11:05 PM

I wonder what our president’s opinion on this community organizing event is. I’d LOVE to know. Sure likes like a teachable moment to me, but I think we will need a keg.

Certainly the father acted stupidly.

cannonball on May 21, 2010 at 11:05 PM

When the night of the broken glass happens again by the SS purple shirts this time they won’t need no assassination. They will get there orders from above and sometime right before November 2 or soon after.

tjexcite on May 21, 2010 at 11:06 PM

The SEIU thugs are so brave, it only took 500 of them to terrorize a single teenage boy in his own home.

Feel the CHANGE, baby! This is what a liberal’s “ethics” and “justice” looks like.

Socratease on May 21, 2010 at 11:07 PM

One word: Rocksalt Buckshot.

Bruce in NH on May 21, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Fi For real.

RalphyBoy on May 21, 2010 at 11:07 PM

cannonball on May 21, 2010 at 11:04 PM

Where’d you get your permit?

You gonna shoot someone for trespassing?

Have fun in a long prison stint.

BowHuntingTexas on May 21, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Infuriating.

The smart thing to do here is use incidents like this as a bat to metaphorically beat their skulls into paste. And I do sincerely mean metaphorically. Our side stays clean and use things like this to turn the greater public against them completely.

Show the country what these goons are. Make them afraid they are next on the SEIU hit list. Make them afraid their neighbor, or their home with their teenager will be next.

Dash on May 21, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Marxism and Thuggery aren’t mutually exclusive. Marxism requires a supportive army of thugs hell bent on forcefully confiscating wealth, labor, and possessions they didn’t create or earn. Covetousness is their dogma, their virtue if you will.

Make no mistake, this kind of agitation is exactly what the Obamunist regime wants. Division and resentment is their stock and trade.

Just study how Marxists gained total control in other nations throughout history. This is boilerplate.

It amazes me at how rapidly the process to destroy our once Great Republic is progressing. It is also amazing how many people are still oblivious to what is going on.

DeathB4Tyranny on May 21, 2010 at 11:09 PM

It’s right out of the Mafia handbook

No it’s not. Compared to these thugs, the Mafia is a gentlemen’s club. The family was off limits. Yeah, there were some transgressions, but messing with family members would have been a serious offense.

Pelayo on May 21, 2010 at 11:11 PM

Oh I can understand the police being scared $h-tless. Here in our own community in LOs Angeles during the riots, the police barricaded themselves in the police station until it was over. We feel so safe.

dragondrop on May 21, 2010 at 11:13 PM

It seems the Bank of America must think of supporting their lawyers, lest they find themselves without any.

Kralizec on May 21, 2010 at 11:16 PM

union people are so trashy

happyfeet on May 21, 2010 at 11:18 PM

If it was in Texas they’d all be dead.

Denverslim on May 21, 2010 at 10:23 PM

Yep.

redridinghood on May 21, 2010 at 11:20 PM

TheBigOldDog on May 21, 2010 at 11:01 PM

That seems like a perfect description of Obama, his Chicago cronies, and Marxist friends.

conservative pilgrim on May 21, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Dash on May 21, 2010 at 11:08 PM

It’s only a matter of time.

These clowns will keep pushing until the inevitable happens.

BallisticBob on May 21, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Two words…Castle Doctrine.

Caper29 on May 21, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Why I HATE “unions” also known as “proletarian class”.

b1jetmech on May 21, 2010 at 10:25 PM

…being a lifelong example one of the people from the “class” Messers Marx and Engels put into this class when the set about simplifying history beyond the reach of human endeavor (as did Hitler in his book, funnily enough), I resent this.

…not, my friend, any hatred of “proletarians”…certainly no you or what you’ve contributed here, certainly…but that someone (not yourself) had the gall to revive a none-too-elevating Roman social catagory, as in:

“…persons registered not as to their property which was below the lowest census for military service, but simply as to their existence as living individuals, pimarily as heads (caput) of a family.”

…and putting me and my ancestors into it!

Ain’t it always the way: some over-educated and otherwise unemployable yahoo comes along, puts the whole world into pidgeonholes according to his own lights, complicates the whole thing with legalese (to give it that coolness cache, as in “you have to be cool and a gen-u-ine intellectual to have actually read this drivel”), and turns it loose on the world…and the unsuspecting world never seems to catch on that it is what it is: a gross over-simplification tarted-up in glitz and tinsel that’d make a drag-queen’s mouth water….

…then again, this does explain why it’s possible to sell underengineered Italian crap-boxes to the West Palm Beach set for the cost of a single family home….

…don’t ask me why, or why I bothered, but I’ve done a pretty extensive study of my family, where they came from and what they did while they were on the vertical side of the sod…and it’s official: not a single one of those lazy bastards ever owned any “means of production” more complicated than a laying hen or a pickup truck…and yet we’ve never been “proletarian”.

…we’ve been rednecks since, at the very least, the 14th Century.

No dukes or earls…no coats of arms…no great works of art, sculptures whittled, or symphonies written…no means of production bought, borrowed or stolen…no privileged place in the halls of influence…just generation after tiresome generation being born, breeding, aging prematurely, drinking and dying (the last two possibly related), all working their little pimply butts off until I, the acme of my converging bloodlines, came into being.

…and, considering that acme, it’s all downhill from here.

…but never a “proletarian” in the bunch…a few of ‘em took up arms, a bit pissed at Good King George…a grandfather who fought against the Japanese in the Aleutians…but none of ‘em, so far as I can tell, ever stormed a winter palace, tarred a czar or toppled a potentate. Workers of the World, sorry ’bout that.

On a related historical note, I would remind Herren M & E that one Gaius Marius uncorked that bottle, enlisted those who were only fit to be counted (but not used) by the state, and Rome took off like a rocket!

…what Mr. Marx and his gentile buddy were complicating, renaming and obfuscating was this: folks. Neighbors, coworkers, the family down the street (in the next village, in the neighboring shtetl, what have you), the Joneses you’re so keen to out-do. Folks are just what “proletariat” means: folks getting on with their lives, sowing their crops, smacking their kids and hoping to save up for a bass boat.

…or again as Wikipedia says of “proletariat”, “persons registered not as to their property…but simply as to their existence as living individuals, pimarily as heads of a family”…or, as we in America had it until the latest crop of busybodies rose up to plague us, “persons who live without reference to anyone’s say-so, but allowed to get on with their lives.”

…you know…folks….

Ever wonder why the self-appointed elites of the press and the self-important prattlers of punditry so hate Sarah Palin? For the same reason others, sometimes against all reason, love her: she’s folks.

The left loves the proletariat…but, they hates folks….

…finally, as to unions, I never could see the sense in consenting to an additional layer of self-interested and totally unaccountable suits between myself and the guy who signed my paychecks.

Union hacks are like party politicians (and I’m including Hitler again here): the union/party/ideology is more important than the folks…so long as the bosses/other party/competing ideology takes a meat torpedo up the catflap, the membership is just cannon fodder.

…never made any sense to me…but, then, I’m just a poor redneck…son and grandson and great granson ad nauseum of rednecks…what do I know?

Puritan1648 on May 21, 2010 at 11:22 PM

This makes me so mad! I am getting so sick of these freaking Marxists! Surrounding some guys house like a bunch of little brown shirts! A 14 year old kid locks himself up in the bathroom scared to death and where are the police??! What? Are we going to descend into utter anarchy now?

I’m sorry, but Megan lost the argument as soon as she allowed her guest to lead her into talking about mortgages! Oh sure, she this is just like the Tea party thing, but funny how she had no sympathy for the cause of the Tea Party, no no no,, her sympathies all lie with the Marxists invading a home!!

JellyToast on May 21, 2010 at 11:24 PM

union people are so trashy

happyfeet on May 21, 2010 at 11:18 PM

That was such a simple remark, but you seem to have really put your finger on something.

Kralizec on May 21, 2010 at 11:25 PM

This nonsense is going to continue until someone ends up dead. Unbelievable.

Hog Wild on May 21, 2010 at 11:27 PM

It would have been a good time to water the lawn….with a water cannon.

Guardian on May 21, 2010 at 10:24 PM

LOL

inviolet on May 21, 2010 at 11:28 PM

Two words…Castle Doctrine.

Caper29 on May 21, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Exactly! It won’t be long before other lines get crossed! How long before some mob burn down a banker’s house! Who will they go after next? Car dealers? The local mechanic and plumber who charges too much? This is insane! Mobs need to be dealt with as for what they are! Mobs that need to be rounded up and arrested!

JellyToast on May 21, 2010 at 11:29 PM

It would have been a good time to water the lawn….with a water cannon.

Guardian on May 21, 2010 at 10:24 PM

That’s gotta be racist. It’s just gotta be. /lib

pfamis on May 21, 2010 at 11:32 PM

SEIU delenda est.

BDavis on May 21, 2010 at 11:37 PM

It would have been a good time to water the lawn….with a water cannon.

Guardian on May 21, 2010 at 10:24 PM

I’m thinking have a paintball tournament then and there…preferably with laser sights and red paint. That or have a little fireworks celebration consisting solely of the biggest smoke bombs that could be had. (looks pretty, but ever get a lungful of that stuff? tear gas on the cheap!)

Dark-Star on May 21, 2010 at 11:39 PM

CRIMINALS
RACISTS
THUGS

THESE ASSHATS SHOULD BE ARRESTED AND SENT TO GITMO.

Kini on May 21, 2010 at 11:39 PM

conservative pilgrim on May 21, 2010 at 11:20 PM

The more eyes we can open to the fact the better because it is exactly what it is.

They O Admin showed their cards early on when they called the Chrysler Bond Holders into the White House and threatened to use the White House Press Corps to destroy them personally if they didn’t write-off the money Chrysler owed them immediately.

A well, known, high powered Democrat fund raiser and Attorney for the bond holders who were threatened blew the whistle until a day or two later when everybody was scared to death and never spoke of it again. They wrote off their debt and walked away.

That is Organized crime. That is Gangster Government. That is what we are living under right now just like this BoA Exec learned today.

TheBigOldDog on May 21, 2010 at 11:42 PM

1. Call 911 and SCREAM at them that you are alone in the house and people are trying to break in – it is now on tape for the lawsuit.

2. A nice bottle of butyric acid and a squirt gun from an upstairs window. They won’t stay on your property long.

3. Ammonia will work as well.

4. Cheap perfume will also do the trick; LOTS of cheap perfume.

Bubba Redneck on May 21, 2010 at 11:44 PM

BowHuntingTexas obviously isn’t from Texas. TX law specifically allows for me to shoot in defense of myself or others’ persons or property. Oh, and 500 people isn’t trespassing, it’s a lynch mob which would cause a reasonable person to fear for his own or other people’s lives.

SDN on May 21, 2010 at 11:48 PM

Gee, one might almost call that a “fascist act.” Except, this is the SEIU, and we know they would never do such a thing.

And Lindsay Lohan is a virgin.

irishspy on May 21, 2010 at 11:50 PM

What was the DC Police escort doing escorting these 14 buses to Rockville, MD?

d1carter on May 21, 2010 at 11:51 PM

Time to oil the shotgun.

EZnSF on May 21, 2010 at 11:52 PM

This is how you start a civil war.

KZnextzone on May 21, 2010 at 10:29 PM

c3ichief on May 21, 2010 at 11:55 PM

What can a citizen do if the mob is escorted by the police and they stand there and watch this going on? That is what is scary. Is this Obama’s army?

silvernana on May 22, 2010 at 12:00 AM

I know this doesn’t fit, but I still want to throw it out there…

Religion of Peace

El_Terrible on May 22, 2010 at 12:01 AM

These people really believe that this behavior will make the public angry at the bank executive as part of their plan to vilify Wall St. and the banking industry. I realize that I am not starting at the “right” mindset but I think this is an epic failure.

Cindy Munford on May 22, 2010 at 12:02 AM

silvernana on May 22, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Hardly. That’s just cops who know they’re badly outnumbered and don’t want a horde of lawyers turned on them.

Obama’s army would be a bunch of gibbering ‘black power’ savages. They’d make that lot look like grandmothers on an anti-abortion crusade.

Dark-Star on May 22, 2010 at 12:05 AM

And Lindsay Lohan is a virgin.

irishspy on May 21, 2010 at 11:50 PM

She’s saving herself for me….

sigh, I used to really like her.

El_Terrible on May 22, 2010 at 12:06 AM

That is what is scary. Is this Obama’s army?

silvernana on May 22, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Lucky for us, the Obama type doesn’t like guns.

El_Terrible on May 22, 2010 at 12:07 AM

silvernana on May 22, 2010 at 12:00 AM

I could be wrong, but I don’t see that going down quite the same way south of the Mason-Dixon line.

ddrintn on May 22, 2010 at 12:08 AM

I’m thinking if this “bank executive” had any balls, he would have gotten out of his car and made his way to the house to defend his terrified son. The thugs have no self control and would have tried to push their way into the house, at which point the homeowner would have been within his rights to blow them away. It’s all about where the blood stain is, people. :-)

speed911 on May 22, 2010 at 12:08 AM

silvernana on May 22, 2010 at 12:00 AM

ddrintn on May 22, 2010 at 12:08 AM

The Mason-Dixon Line in this case being placed south of northern Virginia. LOL I forgot this took place in Maryland, if I’m not mistaken.

ddrintn on May 22, 2010 at 12:12 AM

speed911 on May 22, 2010 at 12:08 AM

He did exactly that according to Nina Easton piece. Click through to her story at Fortune.

d1carter on May 22, 2010 at 12:13 AM

Is the DC Metro police organized with SEIU?

d1carter on May 22, 2010 at 12:15 AM

What I think about this:

There is something amoral in the behavior of the Democrats, the media, and their allies. We see it in the hatred and demagoguery of business as well as the de-humanization of political enemies. Perhaps we should not be surprised, as these are the people who used Sarah Palin’s special needs baby as a weapon against them. Surly the 90% tax the House passed last week is one of the most frightening pieces of legislation passed in our lifetimes (GOP members who voted for it should be ashamed) . Think about this, we have elected leaders fomenting hatred as means to garner political support, all the while using government to enrich themselves and their political allies. What is stopping the government from targeting anyone of us now, and if that happens what next?

In regards to the President we have seen many in the media put themselves in a state of willing dis-belief even though they know he is being disingenuous. For starters most main-stream media outlets have pointed out that Obama’s budget is based on make believe numbers, yet I have not seen him crucified for peddling false stats and lies as he pushes his budget. On the political level the use of “agitators/community organizers” to threaten and intimidate people as happened last week should have outraged all of us. hard working people who had nothing to do with the financial crisis were harassed merely because of the company they worked for. That should not have happened and to be quite frank if it happens again we have duty to protect and defend the targets of this calculated hatred. This class hatred is based on ignorance especially the foolish notion that your “wealth is your work”. Its an idiot idea put forth by people who cannot understand that those who work in offices or are ceo’s who work with stocks and money are doing a very complicated job far above the pay-grade of an average American. Mopping a floor is in honorable job, I have been a custodian myself, but its not enough to run an economy and many on wall street or any street for that matter earn their money and they sure as hell earn their bonuses. Phony outrage about private companies is hate speech, pure and simple.

The other day I was talking to some people who work in finance and I have many friends and family members who have worked their ways into high positions of responsibility, nobody gave them anything and they earned everything they got, they have been good for America and America has been good to them. Now we have these nitwit thugs, vapid media types, and despicable politicians trying to destroy their fellow Americans, these priests of power know one thing, the greatest threat to their plans is not our countries enemies or Al Qaeda, its Americans. Their hatred and determination for their fellow citizens knows no bounds.

For the first time in my life I am hearing from Americans the sounds of fear. More then one person I know, good people mind you, has told me they may end up leaving the country, out of anger, fear, disgust. I have no doubt others out in our country, who watching the winds of hate spread across the land, contemplate dropping out of society or simply moving away. Of course these things have always happened throughout world history, but usually people came to America to flee them, now we are witnessing these events play out here. All the while the left, the crony-capitalists and the politicians plot their power grabs and legitimize the grand theft of our national treasure.

I joined the military in October of 2001 to defend the Constitution and all Americans from our enemies, left, right, Republican, Democrat, no matter we are all American. Now the normal political battles that have typified our system of government have transformed into something far more insidious and dangerous to all of us. For now the left is content with their frenzied hatred and targeted attacks, in due time some of them will devour their own, unfortunately by then the America we love may have been irrevocably damaged. Does this mean we should surrender in the face of this onslaught, no, but we must be prepared to defeat these guys and accept that temporary setbacks must not deter us from the goal of restoring American values for all of us.

rob verdi on May 22, 2010 at 12:18 AM

Yeah, I know it was a lot.

rob verdi on May 22, 2010 at 12:18 AM

I feel bad for Baer, even though he probably contributed to the very organization that’s out to tar and feather him for public display in protest of “bank greed”. I wouldn’t be surprised if he attended a few BHO fundraising event.

The bankers and Wall Street guys have to learn the truth the hard way before turning to the GOP to protect their precious profits and bonuses from the government. It’s the only way they’ll learn.

Mad Kimchi on May 22, 2010 at 12:20 AM

d1carter on May 22, 2010 at 12:15 AM

He blew them away?

speed911 on May 22, 2010 at 12:20 AM

They are acting just like……..

The “THUG IN CHIEF“….

The Destroyer…..

Did he say to “get in their faces“?
Why yes………I believe he did, he did.

PappyD61 on May 22, 2010 at 12:23 AM

You gonna shoot someone for trespassing?

Have fun in a long prison stint.

Your honor, there was a MOB of 500 screaming people on my front lawn who refused to leave. I could hear threats. I was IN FEAR OF MY LIFE!

What would a ‘reasonable person’ do in a similar situation?

Case closed.

GarandFan on May 22, 2010 at 12:24 AM

Is it me or does Erica Payne’s name describe her voice?

Little Boomer on May 22, 2010 at 12:26 AM

According to Easton, Baer is … a lifelong Democrat

He won’t be for long.

BacaDog on May 21, 2010 at 10:28 PM

if Baer voted for the Destroyer….

…”How’s that HOPEY CHANGEY thing workin’ out for you?”

PappyD61 on May 22, 2010 at 12:27 AM

speed911 on May 22, 2010 at 12:20 AM

No shots were fired but he did push through the crowd to get to his son. There were Metro DC police cars there on the scene. They escorted them to his home. No arrests were made.

d1carter on May 22, 2010 at 12:27 AM

Its legal to buy tear gas over the internet. A half dozen canisters would do wonders on that lot.

Then I’d invest in a whole bunch of fully automatic paint-ball guns. An electric fence too if the neighborhood would allow it.

Logboy on May 22, 2010 at 12:28 AM

if Baer voted for the Destroyer….

…”How’s that HOPEY CHANGEY thing workin’ out for you?”

PappyD61 on May 22, 2010 at 12:27 AM

LOL…true, true.

ddrintn on May 22, 2010 at 12:31 AM

Simple, its an average well manicured suburban lawn

Turn on the sprinklers. All of them.
It’s a push button induced system malfunction.

For future thought, modify the existing sytem. Defensive Measure: add a mild irritant injector to your sprinkler system, connect this to a panic button. Just need something that kinda mixes with water and doesnt harm the plumbing.
This might be a business opportunity for entrepreneurs in the sprinkler business.

Or a few remote Fish Oil enhanced with Tonquin musk dispensers.

Water / Smell / irritant are great crowd dispersers.

Cromagnum on May 22, 2010 at 12:34 AM

Criminal Unions
Fascist Unions
Socialist Unions

Kini on May 22, 2010 at 12:35 AM

This is an astonishing breach of the law and of decency, but I can’t help but enjoy the hilarious irony: Bank of America is run by a bunch of effing leftists and open borders freaks, and is drenched in the stench of corporate political correctness gobbledygook.

These punks and sissies are on the same team as the guy whose house they raided. Eff ‘em all.

Jaibones on May 22, 2010 at 12:36 AM

speed911 on May 22, 2010 at 12:08 AM

I read that it exactly what he did. He was at a soccer match with a younger son and when he saw what was going on he left the younger child with a neighbor and waded thorough the mob. The story ended there, I don’t know how long they had to put up with the loons outside of their house and they could get back to normal. I can’t stand bullies.

Cindy Munford on May 22, 2010 at 12:37 AM

Yeah, I know it was a lot.

rob verdi on May 22, 2010 at 12:18 AM

No, it’s good.

Cindy Munford on May 22, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Greece redux.

People who say it won’t happen here because we are not like Greece are idiots

Aquateen Hungerforce on May 22, 2010 at 12:44 AM

Obama and his cronys are hoping for violence of some sort before the next election. It will be staged.
They are Marxists.
This is what Marxists do.
This is what they are.

But I don’t think that they are fully prepared for what they will unleash.
This isn’t quite yet the backward, timid nation without the desire or means to defend itself as were other nations that fell to the tyranny of the left.

I think that, because of the relentlessness and utter civil and social depravity of the left, civil war is inevitable.

The sooner we get it over with, the sooner we can begin anew.
So come on, you filthy, cowardly, lying traitor in the White House- bring it.

justltl on May 22, 2010 at 12:52 AM

I threw that last line in there in memory of highhopes, who I assume was either banned or shipped off to a gulag.

justltl on May 22, 2010 at 12:56 AM

Why didn’t they protest in front of Barney Frank’s and Chris Dodd’s homes for forcing the banks to make the loans in the first place under penalty of fines if they did not under the Democrat Community Reinvestment Act social engineering program that caused the whole mess in the first place…”

Oh, wait!

Seven Percent Solution on May 22, 2010 at 1:06 AM

If anyone from Ohio wants to descend on the SEIU Presidents house, pick me up.

WoosterOh on May 22, 2010 at 1:12 AM

Anyone remember this…?

Seven Percent Solution on May 22, 2010 at 1:12 AM

Hmm!

Police escort the buses full of protesters to a citizen’s house and then refuse to respond to 911 calls or arrest anyone claiming that it might “incite” the exact-same mob that it escorted to the citizen’s house.

Wow! Just… Wow!

I’m sure the cops were just doing what they were ordered to do. But this kind of operation takes coordination and planning. Every person who left the sidewalk or roadway and entered this man’s yard was trespassing and committed a crime.

If the police are going to abet this type of intimidation and mob-rule we are screwed.

If

shorebird on May 22, 2010 at 1:17 AM

For some reason I can’t get the linky to open, so I can’t can’t read the entire article. Thanks for the info, everyone. I can’t understand why a group of thugs would descend on the home of a bank employee to protest that they actually have to pay their bills. I pay my bills and when I haven’t, I’ve suffered the consequences. I didn’t go protest at someone’s house or whine and cry that it was someone else’s fault that I didn’t pay my bills. Maybe we should all become Democrats and stop paying our bills!

speed911 on May 22, 2010 at 1:22 AM

Aerosolized Bhoot Jalokia.

Christien on May 22, 2010 at 1:23 AM

As Clint Eastwood said in Gran Torino:

“Get off my lawn!”

And he backed it up.

Colorado has a “Make My Day” law that says you can use lethal force if you believe an intruder will harm you. It includes the following:

Fact that a homicide victim was on the defendant’s porch does not permit the defendant to claim immunity from prosecution for unlawful entry to defendant’s dwelling unless the court finds that defendant believed that the victim intended to commit a crime or use physical force against the defendant. People v. Young, 825 P.2d 1004 (Colo. App. 1991).

I think a mob of 500 thugs on my porch would be justification.

Common Sense on May 22, 2010 at 1:26 AM

If they are in my yard and on my front porch, it is lock and load time, plain and simple.

tballard on May 22, 2010 at 1:29 AM

I remember reading somewhere that the German police stood by and did nothing when the SA started to attack German Jews…

THAT turned out well, didn’t it?

Seven Percent Solution on May 22, 2010 at 1:31 AM

JellyToast on May 21, 2010 at 11:29 PM

I try not to pick on the police too much, but… seriously?
You’re telling me when push comes to shove and I’ve got a mob of people on my own property, the cops are going to just shrug and say, “Well… we were afraid…”

Where do you draw the line? If these people wanted to camp out for days on end there, that would be cool? None of the cops had the stones to tell the mob to back away from the house and onto the sidewalk? What if the kid inside had called the police? Would they have said, “Aw, settle down, it’s just a bullhorn. They’re not shooting yet.”

Aside from generating revenue for the state, the police are really only good for a couple of basic things. If they can’t even handle that… like keeping a mob of belligerent crazies off my property… what do we need them for?

12thMonkey on May 22, 2010 at 1:36 AM

I called the cops when my ex husband (who was an ex cop) trashed my house and beat the crap out of me. On his way out the door, he announced that he’d be back to kill me. The cops wouldn’t do anything because they didn’t want to get in a “shoot out” with him. Sooooooo, I armed myself and sat up all night waiting for him. He didn’t come back that night. If he had, he’d be a dead man. I admire cops for the work they do, but I don’t depend on them.

speed911 on May 22, 2010 at 1:42 AM

Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
— Daniel Webster

Find out just what the people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.
— Frederick Douglass, civil rights activist, Aug. 4, 1857

Any power that can be abused will be abused.
— Tyranny Law #1

Abuse always expands to fill the limits of resistance to it.
— Tyranny Law #2

If people don’t resist the abuses of others, they will have no one to resist the abuses of themselves, and tyranny will prevail.
— Tyranny Law #3

Our safety, our liberty, depends upon preserving the Constitution of the United States as our fathers made it inviolate. The people of the United States are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
— Abraham Lincoln

Let us remember, that ‘if we suffer tamely a lawless attack upon our liberty, we encourage it, and involve others in our doom.’ It is a very serious consideration, which should deeply impress our minds, that millions yet unborn may be the miserable sharers in the event.
— Samuel Adams

In dubiis, non praesumitur pro potentia. In cases of doubt, the presumption is not in favor of a power.

Today, when a concerted effort is made to obliterate this point, it cannot be repeated too often that the Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals — that it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government — that it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen’s protection against the government.
— Ayn Rand

The general rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and name of law, is in reality no law, but is wholly void, and ineffective for any purpose; since unconstitutionality dates from the time of it’s enactment, and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it… No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law, and no courts are bound to enforce it.
— 16 Am Jur 2d, Sec 177 late 2d, Sec 256

So long as the people do not care to exercise their freedom, those who wish to tyrannize will do so; for tyrants are active and ardent, and will devote themselves in the name of any number of gods, religious and otherwise, to put shackles upon sleeping men.
— Voltairine de Cleyre (1886-1912)

Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people, who have a right, from the frame of their nature, to knowledge, as their great Creator, who does nothing in vain, has given them understandings, and a desire to know; but besides this, they have a right, an indisputable, unalienable, indefeasible, divine right to that most dreaded and envied kind of knowledge; I mean, of the characters and conduct of their rulers.
— John Adams, Dissertation on Canon and Feudal Law, 1765, From: Our Sacred Honor, Bennett, 253.

“… freedom of men under government is to have a standing rule to live by, common to every one of that society, and made by the legislative power erected in it. A liberty to follow my own will in all things where that rule prescribes not, not to be subject to the inconstant, uncertain, unknown, arbitrary will of another man, …”
— John Locke, Second Treatise, Ch. 4 § 21.

RoxanneH on May 22, 2010 at 1:54 AM

My question is why were the DC police escorting these buses at all? Who authorized that and who paid their salaries during this time? I live in the DC suburbs (VA) and know that the police don’t cross state lines. They call ahead for the neighboring state,or the district, to pick up on whatever is happening.

jintrabar on May 22, 2010 at 1:57 AM

Cindy,
thanks

rob verdi on May 22, 2010 at 2:03 AM

I’m sorry, but we have GOT to start acting courageous in this Country and stop running away.

Apparently, he parked away from his house, left his younger son in the car, walked through the mob, went into his house, got his older son, walked back to his car and drove off.

WTF?

They goons were on his PORCH!

You drive up on your lawn with the car, you get your younger son out with you, you push anyone in your way OUT of your way, place your son in the house for safety, (it’s your HOUSE), then you get a bat and tell those folks to get off your PORCH our you’ll start swinging. Then you turn on your hose and give these mugs a bath!

Opposite Day on May 22, 2010 at 2:20 AM

Responsible for your own debts???? Clearly you are a right wing extremist and a threat to our society

ace tomato on May 22, 2010 at 2:27 AM

This sort of shenanigans is what would have routinely happened had the banks refused to lend money to bad risks under the Community Reinvestment Act. So to avoid bad press, the banks used “creative” investment packages to maintain profitability to offset losses, hence the housing collapse, hence my IRA loses half its value, hence Congress enacts more legislation to get yet more regulation. The crooks are in charge in Washington and we need to clean house (and senate) in November and subsequent Novembers.

ncborn on May 22, 2010 at 2:28 AM

Here’s a lovely quote:

“There can be no such thing, in law or in morality, as actions forbidden to an individual, but permitted to a mob”

Ayn Rand

ace tomato on May 22, 2010 at 2:29 AM

ace tomato on May 22, 2010 at 2:27 AM

Indeed! AND I’ve been to a tea party!

speed911 on May 22, 2010 at 2:52 AM

Two words…Castle Doctrine.

Caper29 on May 21, 2010 at 11:22 PM

JellyToast on May 21, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Wait…are you the Geico guy?

ramrants on May 22, 2010 at 2:54 AM

So, will this sort of thing escalate? Do execs need to start hiring private security officers to do the job that the regular cops won’t do?

Granted this is Bank of America, but how would a non-lefty bank or corporation handle this?

That might be a nice new business opportunity for some enterprising vets, until they actually protect someone from these thugs and end up in court.

When something terrible does happen, it will be on the shoulders of Obowma, Frank, Pelosi, Dodd, and the media who are fanning the flames of class warfare.

reaganaut on May 22, 2010 at 2:54 AM

These fcking pieces of filth storm some other citizen’s home and the best the posters of hotair can come up with is “You shoulda turned on the sprinklers…”

For the love of God, no wonder conservatives are a universal doormat in this day and age. Fcking pathetic.

ClassicCon on May 22, 2010 at 3:03 AM

First Rank! FIRE!!
Second Rank! FIRE!!
Third Rank! FIRE!!
First Rank!
Second Rank!
Third Rank!

rayra on May 22, 2010 at 3:24 AM

James Inhoffe was mayor of Tulsa when he had a run-in with Acorn.

“Get off my property or I’ll kill you all.”

gooddad on May 22, 2010 at 3:41 AM

Do this in Texas of Oklahoma,

Oklahoma has “make my day law” to defend your property.

Texas has Joe Horn.