Democrats’ massive financial regulation bill passes — thanks to Scott Brown

posted at 9:33 pm on May 20, 2010 by Allahpundit

Actually, four Republicans voted yes — Collins, Snowe, and Chuck Grassley were the others — but it was Scotty B who flipped today to make it happen.

The 59-39 vote represents an important achievement for President Barack Obama, and comes just two months after his health care overhaul became law. The bill must now be reconciled with a House version that passed in December. A key House negotiator predicted the legislation would reach Obama’s desk before the Fourth of July…

Democrats succeeded in breaking through the Republican block by winning Brown’s backing. The Massachusetts Republican, who had voted against ending debate on Wednesday, met with Reid Thursday morning to voice his concerns regarding the bill’s effect on Massachusetts banks such as State Street and insurance firms such as MassMutual. House Financial Services Committee chairman Barney Frank, also of Massachusetts, weighed in Thursday with letters to Reid offering his own guarantees that the final bill would resolve Brown’s concerns.

Shelby, who helped write parts of the bill before ultimately voting against it, called it a “massive new consumer bureaucracy” and a “liberal activists’ dream come true.” So why’d Scotty flip? Pressure:

So why did Brown buckle, after voting to uphold the filibuster on Wednesday?

For starters, he received 3,000 phone calls to his office over the last week, all of them by supporters of Organizing for America, the apparatus that sprung out of President Obama’s campaign for the White House that is now housed inside the Democratic National Committee…

Then there is guilt. Reid all but called Brown out by name on Wednesday when he said that the Senate did not move forward on a procedural vote to end debate and overcome the filibuster because a senator had “broken his word.”

Brown told reporters that he had in fact given Reid his word that he would vote if his concerns were addressed in the bill, but that he voted no on Wednesday because his concerns had not been addressed. Thursday Brown voted yes, though his concerns had still not been addressed.

Translation: The left knew they could make things uncomfortable for him in Massachusetts if he didn’t cave, so they turned the screws — and he caved. Which, admittedly, was fully expected after the first filibuster, but is no less depressing for having been predictable. Exit question: Forgivable offense for a blue-state Republican worried about reelection or primary-worthy sin that’ll have Red State pounding the table tomorrow?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Is there no man……..

or women…….

who won`t…………

canopfor on May 20, 2010 at 10:03 PM

(Bats eyelashes, feels, “kittenish.”)

Well hon, I might, but only if the wine is good and and you talk purty about my syntax.

Chewy the Lab on May 20, 2010 at 10:14 PM

Still better than Kennedy.

Maxpower on May 20, 2010 at 9:38 PM

At least with Kennedy you knew it would always be a vote for socialism. With Brown he gives you hope then still votes for socialism. I prefer the Kennedy option.

angryed on May 20, 2010 at 10:14 PM

It wasn’t that long ago, the cries of “Brown 2012″ rand through the halls of HotAir…

JetBoy on May 20, 2010 at 10:02 PM

that was about as stupid as this one guy I knew that bet all of us that charlie crist would never, *never* run as an indy, he even said he’d eat his…..er…wait..?! one sec..

ted c on May 20, 2010 at 10:14 PM

Why don’t Collins and Snowe pull an Arlen and be done with it?

They aren’t Republicans. They aren’t conservatives. They are Democrat votes consistently at the ready.

fogw on May 20, 2010 at 10:10 PM

I forget, did Collins and Snowe vote for ObamaCare?

El_Terrible on May 20, 2010 at 10:14 PM

How many of you clowns would vote for Marsha Choakley? You helped get Scott Brown elected, and you did the right thing. Look at where he stands on the issues

He stood up to help some Mass banks (State Street). He will fight amnesty for illegal immigrants, he will fight for our military and for veterans. He is fighting to save our fishermen from the enviro fascists at NOAA. And he still has my vote each and every time he runs for re-election here in mass. He is not going to be a right wing crony.

Marsha Choakley, give me a break LOL

shanimal on May 20, 2010 at 10:15 PM

hey doesn`t Arnold ride a HD!:)
canopfor on May 20, 2010 at 10:13 PM

You shut up.

Bishop on May 20, 2010 at 10:15 PM

Marsha Choakley, give me a break LOL

shanimal on May 20, 2010 at 10:15 PM

I thought her name was Martina or Martini….?
/kennedy

ted c on May 20, 2010 at 10:16 PM

Same sh*t, different RINO…

rcpjr on May 20, 2010 at 10:12 PM

Gets my vote for winner! Dingdingding!

Chewy the Lab on May 20, 2010 at 10:16 PM

Let’s see…he caved to left-wing pressure, he let Reid guilt him into voting yes, and in exchange he didn’t improve the bill or have any of his concerns addressed? How the hell is that any different than Specter and the RINO twins from Maine caving on Porkulus?

Same sh*t, different RINO…

But, he’s better than Coakley, right? :) I think it’s disconcerting the number of “conservatives” who feel that conservatives in blue states should have to compromise their principles. It’s too bad the Dems don’t play by those same rules. I’m sure all those “blue-dogs” were so close to joining the Republicans on that health care bill.

RobbBond on May 20, 2010 at 10:17 PM

This [financial regulatory] bill may be worse than O’Care. Wait until someone reads it.

ncjetsfan on May 20, 2010 at 10:12 PM

I don’t have to. Liberalism is predicated on the idea that the more government does, the better. I take the opposite tack; that the less government does, the better. That’s why I’m conservative.

Government has no business regulating financial markets beyond the bear minimum to insure against fraud.

gryphon202 on May 20, 2010 at 10:17 PM

Brown’s not going to be re-elected in Massachusetts. I don’t know why calls from O-bots would influence him.

ddrintn on May 20, 2010 at 10:17 PM

Terrific – so his anti-Obamacare promised vote really didn’t matter, but this one did.

Lovely.

Midas on May 20, 2010 at 10:18 PM

angryed on May 20, 2010 at 10:14 PM

Exactly. Much better to have your enemy facing you as opposed to stabbing you in the back. Et tu, Scott?

RobbBond on May 20, 2010 at 10:18 PM

RobbBond on May 20, 2010 at 10:17 PM

No they weren’t. Like Stupak, enough of them were always going to cave to enable passage at some point.

ddrintn on May 20, 2010 at 10:18 PM

I would add that Scott Brown took the interest of his hometown business cartel over those of both his constituents and the American people. Empowering the cartel and giving even more power to the central bankers will only ensure your childrens enslavement via government debt.

True_King on May 20, 2010 at 10:19 PM

It’s the stupid voters of Massachusetts that are responsible for this.

Crux Australis on May 20, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Wrong. Thanks for playing “Am I dumb or just misinformed because I don’t read the blog before I comment” type of foreigner. Read Allahapundit’s blog first, and try again- Next week.

Americannodash on May 20, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Simply another demonstration of where we are.

Votes. Don’t. Matter.

We’re f00ked, and no elections are going to change that I’m afraid.

Midas on May 20, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Use to like Brown–he’s becoming more trouble than he’s worth. Kiss ass!

jeanie on May 20, 2010 at 10:19 PM

canopfor on May 20, 2010 at 10:03 PM
(Bats eyelashes, feels, “kittenish.”)

Chewy the Lab on May 20, 2010 at 10:14 PM

Chewy the Lab:betray the American voter!:):)

canopfor on May 20, 2010 at 10:19 PM

ddrintn on May 20, 2010 at 10:17 PM

I hope you’re right about that. I don’t have my fingers on the pulse of MA, but I don’t believe that Scott Brown deserves re-election. Nothing would please me more than to see him thwarted in a primary bid by someone with more iron-clad conservative credentials. That being the case, it’s still MA and I’m still not surprised.

gryphon202 on May 20, 2010 at 10:19 PM

At the end of the day Cosmo Brown will always be a typical U.S. senator.

Cowardly and gay in equal measure.

happyfeet on May 20, 2010 at 10:19 PM

I have a lot of brown stuff — 5 dogs will do it — but they do make hand noise makers

wheels on May 20, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Calcium is good for the spine.

More milk, Scott.

Less pap.

profitsbeard on May 20, 2010 at 10:20 PM

True_King on May 20, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Time to put down the crack pipe, PaulNut.

AUINSC on May 20, 2010 at 10:20 PM

True_King.. While absolutely entitled to your opinion, with all due respect, what the heck do you speak of?

shar61 on May 20, 2010 at 10:20 PM

And in completely unrelated news….Nikkei is down 3% at the open Friday morning. Good job Scotty.

angryed on May 20, 2010 at 10:21 PM

ted c on May 20, 2010 at 10:14 PM

ted c: That a boy…you tell em….

canopfor on May 20, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Well, he was not able to “stop” the healthcare debacle, so what is the point now? MA is a liberal paradise. He just another Joe Scarbourough

shar61 on May 20, 2010 at 10:22 PM

I am P.O.’d about this.

Conservatives need to turn his Senate office phones into hot goo.

He was not sent to Washington to transform into the male Martha Coakley.

Edouard on May 20, 2010 at 10:24 PM

Depressing. If OFA calls can make Brown cave, then he’s a spineless wimp. Doesn’t matter if it’s a D or R behind his name. Invertebrate. Well, he’s in the big leagues now and he’s proving to be a pushover. That was easy.

ddrintn on May 20, 2010 at 10:17 PM

I think you are correct. It was a nice experiment for Deep Blue Mass.

conservative pilgrim on May 20, 2010 at 10:24 PM

JetBoy on May 20, 2010 at 10:02 PM

As I’ve stated in the past, the support of moderates and the gay agenda is a support for marxism.

The results speak for themselves.

True_King on May 20, 2010 at 10:24 PM

gryphon202 on May 20, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Realistically though, you’re not going to get someone with iron-clad conservative credentials in that seat, from that area. If not someone like Brown, it’ll be a Dem.

*shrug*

Midas on May 20, 2010 at 10:24 PM

“It’s funny to see your beloved Rush look like the arrogant socialist that he is. Not a socialist by choice, but a socialist by effect. Once again Limbaugh’s unequivocal support of the GOP construct has brought us more government.

True_King on May 20, 2010 at 10:19 PM”

You lost me…

b1jetmech on May 20, 2010 at 10:24 PM

True_King on May 20, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Time to put down the crack pipe, PaulNut.

AUINSC on May 20, 2010 at 10:20 PM

Sorry Rushtard, I’m not a supporter of Ron Paul.

True_King on May 20, 2010 at 10:25 PM

Being the decisive vote on a statist socialist bill?

I am pounding the table so hard it breaks. Brown has been a massive disappointment. Thanks a lot, Mitt.

Norwegian on May 20, 2010 at 10:26 PM

hey doesn`t Arnold ride a HD!:)
canopfor on May 20, 2010 at 10:13 PM
===========
You shut up.

Bishop on May 20, 2010 at 10:15 PM

Bishop: Tries to wipe off *Smirk*,hehe:)

canopfor on May 20, 2010 at 10:26 PM

Democrats’ massive financial regulation bill passes — thanks to Scott Brown

Hate to say it but I was one of the first of the loyal HotAir posters to point out what a gutless coward Scott Brown really is.

I was ridiculed for it – told he’d only made a couple votes and we should give him time – told that I was too extreme and rigid in my views and expectations for a Massachusetts Conservative.

But when you consider the fact that this guy received (and embraced) huge Tea Party support during the election – and now he won’t even take a picture with them …

That combined with his voting record …

Well I’ll tell you this – I’m giving big bucks to his Democratic rival in the next election and I don’t care who that rival is – or how extremely liberal they are. This guy is a complete snake in the grass and a miserable turn coat.

He’s been nothing but a propaganda victory for the Democrats since he was elected. Mind you – the Democrats have already stated that Brown was elected because voters were disappointed with Washington. Every time Brown votes for the Democrats Schumer gets up and says … “See! WE ARE THE REAL CHANGE AGENTS BECAUSE SCOTT BROWN SUPPORTS US!”

He’s a piece of excrement.

HondaV65 on May 20, 2010 at 10:27 PM

Scott, you were an inspiration until you began your liberal BS. You should have bitch slapped Harry Reid while you had the chance.

Travis1 on May 20, 2010 at 10:27 PM

shar61 on May 20, 2010 at 10:22 PM

Amnesty. If Obama had Coakley amnesty would be a done deal soon and he’d make American’s votes useless in a matter of years. The key is to stuff Congress with more conservatives!

El_Terrible on May 20, 2010 at 10:27 PM

Rather have an honest Democrat than the wishy, washy hollow man that Brown is becoming.

jeanie on May 20, 2010 at 10:27 PM

Sorry Rushtard, I’m not a supporter of Ron Paul.

True_King on May 20, 2010 at 10:25 PM

So what’s your beef?

b1jetmech on May 20, 2010 at 10:27 PM

*shrug*

Midas on May 20, 2010 at 10:24 PM

Be that as it may, it’s not up to me to determine if Scott Brown deserves re-election. I come from a rural state of less than 800,000 population. Suffice it to say, it’s not MA.

gryphon202 on May 20, 2010 at 10:27 PM

Sorry Rushtard, I’m not a supporter of Ron Paul.

True_King on May 20, 2010 at 10:25 PM

Even so, insane dude, you need to put down the crack pipe or explain why Rush is a socialist…so put down the crack pipe.

AUINSC on May 20, 2010 at 10:27 PM

angryed on May 20, 2010 at 10:21 PM

wonderful. i wonder if that’ll translate into another 310 pts off the dow tomorrow. too bad we’re devoid of leadership around here.

BTW, I think I can hear mama grizzly firing up her facebook and readying a salvo for the mexico fiasco of today.

ted c on May 20, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Well this is the kind of moderation that is sinking this country. Moderates who all proclaim they are fiscally conservative and socially liberal are the ones who compromise their positions and give in to the other side. But go fight those “religious right” because their the ones destroying this country….(sarc)

b1jetmech on May 20, 2010 at 10:10 PM

One could just as well as argue that the religious right is destroying conservativism. The reason much of the intelligensia in America gives for being Democratic is the perceived hatefulness of the religious right. (I think the perception is right This perception is a core belief of my religion, Reform Judaism, as it is with many liberal Christian sects).
Yet, social issue voting in legislatures is less than 1% of the votes. We are fighting over very little. If the social issues could be excised from the political discourse, I believe that economic and foreign policy common sense would prevail. I would almost agree with anyone who pointed out that my premise is so far from our reality to be almost meaningless, but this belief is why I don’t stop thinking about politics in despair.

But I’m not the issue. The issue is how do educate the Olympia Snowe’s and Scott Brown’s of the world about the facts that we know about economics. If they understood, maybe they wouldn’t vote in stupid ways. (I realize “stupid” is a crude word, but it is accurate here.)

thuja on May 20, 2010 at 10:28 PM

“See! WE ARE THE REAL CHANGE AGENTS BECAUSE SCOTT BROWN SUPPORTS US!”

HondaV65 on May 20, 2010 at 10:27 PM

it’s no wonder they want to get into his panties. I’m sure harry reid said he’d wax scotty b’s “trailer hitch” for a vote here n’ there.

ted c on May 20, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Ok, now it looks as if I have to write to another Senator trying to get him to understand that he is an American who believes in the Constitution and free market principals. It isn’t the system that is broken, it is the people in it that need to be replaced. Frankly, my Senators are Democrats and I do not hold out any hope for them, but Scott Brown should know better.

BetseyRoss on May 20, 2010 at 10:34 PM

“Oooooooh, we love everyone except that filthy Religious Right!”

thuja on May 20, 2010 at 10:28 PM

A couple of things: the majority of the country is pro-life, though in not as doctrinaire a way as many on the right would see it; a majority of the country is opposed to gay marriage. So I don’t see how those issues are such losers for the GOP, especially considering that the Democrat platform doesn’t call for gay marriage either. They aren’t, in fact, except among those who harbor this self-righteous disdain for that “Religious Right” (whatever that may mean).

ddrintn on May 20, 2010 at 10:35 PM

Brown’s victory was a slap at socialism. It wasn’t a KO punch. Who really expected more?

This fall will not be a revolution. Just as The One’s election wasn’t.

The midterms will be a mulligan or reset after 2008 by the voters.

Unless we go Weimar.

IlikedAUH2O on May 20, 2010 at 10:35 PM

I bet if we looked we would find that the jaundiced dirty socialist scrotums what did more than anyone else to popularize global warming fraud had a huge hand in this dirty socialist financial reform act our once-great little country just passed.

happyfeet on May 20, 2010 at 10:36 PM

shar61 on May 20, 2010 at 10:20 PM

Thank you for your kind response.

Has the GOP brought you more government? The answer is self evident. Who is the primary GOP marketer? Rush Limbaugh.

As I’ve clearly stated in my post, Rush Limbaugh is no supporter of socialist by his words, but by his unequivocal support of the GOP he is a supporter of their socialist platform.

True_King on May 20, 2010 at 10:37 PM

ted c on May 20, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Oh yeah – Schumer is all over him. When he voted for Porkulous II Schumer held a press conference and said essentially … “Hey look, the Mass voters were unhappy with the way things were going in Washington and now look here – the man they sent to fix Washington is voting with us”.

Translation – “This new noble knight is on the hill, and he’s joined the Democrats because we’re the righteous ones up here. Don’t take our word for it though – look at his votes!”

This guy is killing us. He said he wouldn’t spend any more money – yet he’s spending money. He talked tough about Obama during the campaign – but he’s voted for the Obama agenda every time it’s come up before him.

Tell me how this guy benefits us just because he’s wearing a Red shirt?

He’s not.

He’s an abject failure to us.

HondaV65 on May 20, 2010 at 10:37 PM

anyone else except NPR pimped it really really hard too

happyfeet on May 20, 2010 at 10:37 PM

thuja on May 20, 2010 at 10:28 PM

I don’t have to rely on “perceptions” of hatefulness from libs and Dems, by the way. It’s right there in the open.

ddrintn on May 20, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Glenn Beck had a wait and see reaction to Scott Brown after he was elected… now I think Glenn was right.

djn on May 20, 2010 at 10:39 PM

Who is the primary GOP marketer? Rush Limbaugh.

True_King on May 20, 2010 at 10:37 PM

You’ve never listened to Limbaugh, obviously.

ddrintn on May 20, 2010 at 10:39 PM

Brown won’t get re-elected and the reason Republicans don’t consistently win in places like Massachusetts is because they don’t distinguish themselves from their Democrat opponents. If the people had a distinctly different candidate from the one they typically elect, then maybe they’d have a choice and would be more amenable to conservative ideas. That’s initially what they thought they had with Brown. But, the Republicans in the Northeast are Democrat in all but name. They feel they’ve got to cave to get elected. It’s ridiculously cowardly.

RobbBond on May 20, 2010 at 10:39 PM

El_Terrible on May 20, 2010 at 10:27 PM

I

I doubt amnesty would have passed anyway, but Coakley’s defeat stopped any momentum the other way.

thuja on May 20, 2010 at 10:40 PM

True_King on May 20, 2010 at 10:37 PM

Do you think Limbaugh unequivocally supported McCain? REALLY?

ddrintn on May 20, 2010 at 10:41 PM

True_King on May 20, 2010 at 10:37 PM

I’m the biggest critic of the GOP on these boards but I can tell you what you say is complete malarky and hyperbole. The GOP doesn’t have a socialist platform – please.

The GOP **HAS** expanded government pretty much each and every time it’s been in power. You’re right about that. But that is because the GOP has always been controlled by Nixonian Republicans who were willing to tell Conservatives whatever they wanted to hear to get their votes while expanding government at the same time.

Shame on us.

But we’re going to fix this crap now. And the Tea Party is going to be the vehicle to do it. We’re going to steam roll the Ayatollahs in the GOP and take this castle back for the people.

HondaV65 on May 20, 2010 at 10:41 PM

Scott Brown is greater than Coakley or Kennedy so I’ll take him; however, this does change things within the country.

deidre on May 20, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Mr. King is right… cowardly Michael Steele Meghan’s Daddy Princess Lindsey Cosmo Brown Republicans aren’t worth driving down to the polls for even if they have cupcakes.

Speaking of cupcakes I’d be happy to donate to a for reals conservative opponent for Cosmo.

happyfeet on May 20, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Thank you for your kind response.

True_King on May 20, 2010 at 10:37 PM

So, GOP = Socialist?

You do know that Rush was always severly critical of the GOP during the Bush years don’t you…for supporting pork and supporting the Bush ‘Big Government’ agenda? You know that right?

BTW, tell us more about YOUR politics. You spew a lot of ignorant stuff (which always sounds like quotes from Ron Paul, even though you are not a Ron Paul supporter).

AUINSC on May 20, 2010 at 10:43 PM

No, he’s not. He’s worse. He’s an imposter.

RobbBond on May 20, 2010 at 10:44 PM

happyfeet on May 20, 2010 at 10:42 PM

OK, so the Obama astroturfers like True King too…what a surprise.

AUINSC on May 20, 2010 at 10:44 PM

So, GOP = Socialist?

AUINSC on May 20, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Well, you see, preferring Bush or McCain to Gore or Kerry or Obama means that you’re a socialist…or something…

ddrintn on May 20, 2010 at 10:44 PM

When I contributed to his campaign I did not know if I was giving money to a rino or not–now I know–no more–finished, done, that’s it.

dragondrop on May 20, 2010 at 10:45 PM

/sigh/
I gave money to that guy (and now get all his spam for more $), and I’m not even from his state. He’s just another Lucy w/ the football…. and I believed him. AAAAAAhhhhh!! WHAM!!!!! Drats!

Over30 on May 20, 2010 at 10:45 PM

For all the hand-wringing and whinging about Rand, he sure as he!! would not have voted for this. What do folks want pantywaists like this guy or a constitutional conservative. Sure, I know a Rand Paul can’t get elected in Mass, but come on, we’re still willing to settle for McLames and Lispy Grahams in states like AZ and SC?

Firefly_76 on May 20, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Senator Brown will be fine, and no, there won’t be a Mass Senator more to the right than Brown. If he doesn’t get the extra protections for the Mass banks then he just made a massive mistake, but he is trying to look out for the people who elected him.

That said, true financial reforms means reforming Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. We probably have to wait until after the November elections to even make an attempt.

shanimal on May 20, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Scott Brown went from Mass legislature to US Senate in a short time due to Teddyquiddick’s death and a perfect storm.
He’s an american idol wannabe like his daughter and he’s in over his head.
Caving on an important vote to opposition (soon to be out of power) shows miserable judgement even for a squishy RINO froma liberal state.
He still needs to be pressured from the Right since he shows he doesn’t handle pressure well.
Remember in November.

ontherocks on May 20, 2010 at 10:47 PM

No, he’s not. He’s worse. He’s an imposter.

RobbBond on May 20, 2010 at 10:44 PM

So you don’t think he’s better than Kennedy?

Heck, I hate the GOP almost as much as I hate the Democrats. They seem to have lost their way and it pisses me off, but to say Brown isn’t better than Kennedy is just pathetic.

deidre on May 20, 2010 at 10:48 PM

I blame myself for not calling and writing Senators like I did against ObamaCare. I should have. The CFPA prohibiting payment installations of 4 or more without federal approval, and the 90% company resolution Treasury loans have me very frightened.

I’m not angry with Brown. He stalled this mess for a little while. He’s far superior to a Democrat. I’m angry with myself for giving up when I should have kept badgering.

JKahn913 on May 20, 2010 at 10:50 PM

I’m surprised our own squishes in TN didn’t vote for it, to tell the truth.

ddrintn on May 20, 2010 at 10:51 PM

Do you think Limbaugh unequivocally supported McCain? REALLY?

ddrintn on May 20, 2010 at 10:41 PM

ddrintn: Click on his name,and see what he was pushing,
you`ll be amazed!!
=====================================================
I apologize to all the Ron Paul “kooks” who warned us about this. I apologize to all the AJ “kooks” who warned us about this.

True_King on March 26, 2009 at 8:52 AM

canopfor on May 20, 2010 at 10:54 PM

JKahn913 on May 20, 2010 at 10:50 PM

Save yourself the trouble. People melted DC switchboards on the health care thing and it still passed. The only thing that’s going to make a difference is a massive change in the makeup of Congress. That’s all.

ddrintn on May 20, 2010 at 10:56 PM

I’m surprised our own squishes in TN didn’t vote for it, to tell the truth.

ddrintn on May 20, 2010 at 10:51 PM

ddrint`:It didn`t work,click this link,scroll down to
True_King on March 26, 2009 at 8:52 AM,then
click!!:)
====================================================

canopfor on May 20, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Oh this is so demoralizing, and that’s the whole point folks, sad to say, any and all politicians will do and say anything to get the cash they need and the votes…they know how the Tea Party folks feel, they all know, it’s a nail in the coffin for freedom in this country, we better get used to it…ain’t nuthin’ gonna change.

RoxanneH on May 20, 2010 at 10:58 PM

True_King on May 20, 2010 at 10:37 PM

I don’t know you well enough to know if you’re stupid, but this comment alone tells me you have no idea what you’re talking about; sorry to say it.

See AUINSC comment below. Limbaugh was a full-throated critic of the GOP during the Bush years, even as he was mostly an admirer of President Bush. He frequently declares that he is a conservative, and not necessarily a Republican.

Jaibones on May 20, 2010 at 10:58 PM

No reason for disappointment; he is doing what it is clear he would do. Not bad for a junior senator from MA. Only silly people were inspired by Brown.

exception on May 20, 2010 at 10:59 PM

R.I.P. free enterprise in America.

Those who knew you, loved you well.
How is it that Americans think this is the cure to the crisis when it was the government who created the crisis by NOT LETTING THE FREE MARKET WORK in the first place…

Then, the government, egged on by an uninformed (or mis-informed) public, is able to pass a law that destroys the free market, when the free market is the only thing that “could” (before it was destroyed tonight) solve the crisis THAT THE GOVERNMENT CREATED?!?

How backasswards is that?!?

painesright on May 20, 2010 at 10:59 PM

Conservatism has three pedestals. First is strong defense. Second is fiscal and third is social.

Many in the academic communities pride themselves as intelligentsia and lord their knowledge and political persuasion over the rest of us. Because to themselves they know what’s best for the rest of us. Many who are terrorists don’t come from ignorant low educated parts of the world but are highly intelligent with academic degrees and are wealthy. Che Guveria was a doctor you know…

If you think your religion is hateful then it might be time to leave it.

Social issues are not the big issue of the day because government expansion. Were currently fighting another front, but it doesn’t mean we let them go down the crapper like everything has.

I believe there is no room in our society for social experimentation. For instance I know homosexuality isn’t natural and a person can change from it to live a normal life. I know because I use to be a homosexual and now married with three kids.

Abortion provides a way a escape from responsibility. I was born from a teenage mother, I learned form her about responsibility. Which is why I support my wife and kids, they are my number one priority.

thuja on May 20, 2010 at 10:28 PM

They need to either stand on principle with the Party platform or be replaced. It’s been going on for a long time, were sick of it and the people in the blue states need to educate themselves because were all paying for it. Rather extend an olive branch to them they may need to be excused and let someone represent us like they should.

b1jetmech on May 20, 2010 at 11:00 PM

I fear for our freedom. I fear for our country.

publiuspen on May 20, 2010 at 11:01 PM

A few messages to Scott Brown here.

1. I’m sorry I sent your campaign money.

2. You won’t get another dime.

3. Go ahead and switch parties now.

4. Take a look at the market today Scotty? They no likey.

5. Scotty your permanent seat as GOP Media whore over at MSNBC is being readied for you even now. Enjoy.

PappyD61 on May 20, 2010 at 11:05 PM

So, he’s not beholden to anyone? Seems like it wasn’t all that long ago he was expounding on his premise that he was beholden to no one but the voters of Massachusetts.

At this rate, I’ll have to consider reverting to the other way of spelling that state’s name.

GGMac on May 20, 2010 at 11:05 PM

The lunkhead never impressed me. Just another pathetic folder. Another pathetic pretender.

God, we’re in trouble. I wonder if we can make it even to November, nevermind 2012.

rrpjr on May 20, 2010 at 11:07 PM

Translation: The steelness of his cajones was overrated.

PappyD61 on May 20, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Scott “One trick pony” Brown, that is all he was and will ever be. If this guy thinks he will get the same support in the next election…not a chance. Not spending another dollar on these people.

Hongqi on May 20, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Massatwo%$*#s

Reversal completed.

GGMac on May 20, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Hey if the GOP takes the Senate in Nov’ Scott will really stand for smaller government right? (Crickets chirping)

b1jetmech on May 20, 2010 at 11:09 PM

u know, who rally give a sheet about the U.S. anyway? tho powers to b sure don’t. it is time to vote ALL of them out, now…

foxone on May 20, 2010 at 11:09 PM

You ever get the feeling that maybe both parties are in on this together?

RobbBond on May 20, 2010 at 10:06 PM

YES…..BOTH….INFESTED….WITH….PROGRESSIVES.

PappyD61 on May 20, 2010 at 11:13 PM

I fear for our freedom. I fear for our country.

publiuspen on May 20, 2010 at 11:01 PM

You should.

PappyD61 on May 20, 2010 at 11:15 PM

this bill is a nightmare… lending restrictions are horrific… it doesn’t allow people that do mortgages to discount rates to keep or get a loan the way it is written now, also restricts adjustable mortgages with a risk retention reserve requirement… I love when congress decides that they can fix something in a month when not one of them has any experience doing anything they decide to regulate. Now we have a new govt regulating dept that is going to be run by people that are appointed by the government (cronies anyone?) and not people that actually have worked in banking….

momof2 on May 20, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Why is Brown dealing with Reid instead of McConnell?
They must have some pretty good pictures of ole Mitch at the DNC.
I think he and Lindsey are Pickle S’ers.

ontherocks on May 20, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Did any Democrat read the bill?

b1jetmech on May 20, 2010 at 11:24 PM

At this point attempting to reform the financial system is like trying to defuse a bomb that has already gone off.

Mike Honcho on May 20, 2010 at 11:26 PM

But wait? I thought Brown was the end of the lefty agenda? I thought the tide had turned? I thought one of the most liberal populations in this dying union had suddenly come to their senses after four decades of worshiping Ted F’KN Kennedy!

Some of you are just never going to get it…

ClassicCon on May 20, 2010 at 11:31 PM

b1jetmech on May 20, 2010 at 11:00 PM

If all the facts were known, we wouldn’t need the messiness of democracy. There is massive disagreement in our society on a large variety of issues. Yet, all we really know is that socialism doesn’t work. It’s enough to reject Obama’s economic plan, but it’s not enough to say we have the answer on every other issue.

thuja on May 20, 2010 at 11:32 PM

What? The dimbulb thinks that this party line vote is going to be a campaign issue in a few years? BFD! By the time the Dem blood is dried in the streets, ObamaCare is repealed, Obambi is gone and we’re in the thick of digging out from under a few $trillion more in debt, a Brown vote in 2010 to uphold the filibuster of a bill by the corrupt ex-Senator Doody would have been a badge of honor.

What a frikkin’ idiot this clown is.

PD Quig on May 20, 2010 at 11:32 PM