Taking feminism back: Sarah Palin endorses Nikki Haley for SC governor

posted at 1:39 pm on May 16, 2010 by Lori Ziganto

Today, in Columbia, South Carolina, two of the women who are showing America what real feminism is, will appear together, at which time Sarah Palin will officially endorse Nikki Haley for South Carolina Governor. I had the honor of meeting Nikki Haley, and hearing her speak, in Atlanta at the Red State Gathering last Summer.

She’s even more impressive in person than she is on paper (or web). She was one of several women, including Liz Cheney whom I also adore, who spoke at that event, each as impressive as the next.  All smart as whips, charismatic, charming, quick, impassioned, energetic and with a fighting spirit embodying my personal motto: “Walk softly. But carry a big lipstick.”

The left hates that phrase and they have ridiculed me for it on more than one occasion. You see, they don’t get it. It’s not surprising, really, as we’ve all known for some time that while the left trots out the For The Women ™ meme constantly, they are anything but.  The same way that self-avowed modern day feminists are anything but feminist. In fact, they are diametrically opposed to feminism, by it’s very definition, because their entire agenda is actually harmful to women. This is why I now call them Femogynists and I’m taking the term feminist back.

True feminists are women like Sarah Palin and Nikki Haley. They are the new faces of feminism. That has a great built-in bonus, too — they are far easier on the eyes and exhibit none of that irksome hysterical screeching like the already irrelevant and soon to be extinct femogynists. They, and women like them, are coming to the forefront now.

We’ve had it, you see. We are angry. We are tired of femogynists claiming that they speak for us. We are tired of being sneered at as gender traitors for not toeing the faux feminist line and by daring to be pro-life. We are tired of the attempts to diminish Motherhood. We are tired of women being painted as perpetual victims by the left, in need of Big Daddy Government to save us.

We are tired of working so hard to raise our families and having the government take more and more away. We are angry at being treated like  children who aren’t capable of running their own lives, even down to what foods we eat. We are angry that our children’s futures are being squandered and we are fearful that they will never know the country we knew and love. We are angry that we are losing our freedom. That old phrase “hell hath no fury like a woman scorned?” Say hello to the scorned (I’m waving at you right now)

We are the women whom the left hates. And, you know if the left hates us, we must be doing something right, yes? They hate us because they don’t understand us, they actually believe that women are lesser, and they have a perverted definition of equality. With all their claims of “equality”, they don’t honestly believe that at all. Amanda Marcotte, once head blogger for cheater and long-time paternity denier John Edwards,  exposed that when she recently tried to explain why all women should be liberals:

For me, women’s rights and liberalism are, in my mind, pretty hard to unhook, and it fascinates and amuses me that you see conservatives complain that feminists are always with the democrats, as if there’s ever going to be a form of conservative feminism. You look at someone like Sarah Palin trying to wear that mantle, and you see the flaw in trying to be a so-called conservative feminist, which is that you’re not very pro-women. Women need things for equality that tailor very neatly to the general liberal agenda: Clean environment, universal healthcare, civil rights, individual rights, bodily autonomy, things like that. I fail to see how the two agendas are all that different.

Who is not very pro-women, Miss Marcotte? Silly me! I suppose you must be right because I’m a big dum-dum. How can mere women care about pesky things like the economy or icky military stuff? Math is hard! And that’s for boys! (Well, except for President Obama, evidently). I should just shut up or start screeching about my “right” to abort unborn babies so that I can be “equal” and care about pretty stuff like the environment.

Yeah, not so much. I’ll stick with Sarah Palin, Nikki Haley, Liz Cheney, Michelle Bachmann, Michelle Malkin and other strong, brilliant Moms.

I believe that the left is in for a rude awakening and a nice long time out given to them from said Mommies. Leave it to Mommy to make it all better, as always!

(Cross-posted from David Horowitz’s NewsReal)

—–

This post was promoted from GreenRoom to HotAir.com.
To see the comments on the original post, look here.

Comments

1sties?

Archimedes on May 16, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Glad to see this – as a resident of SC – I was planning – and am now delighted – to endorse and vote for.. Nikki Haley.

The GOP is desperate for solid conservative female leadership.

Dump the old men – bring on the women.

jake-the-goose on May 16, 2010 at 1:45 PM

That has to be one of the best things I have read in a long time.

shomegirl on May 16, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Nikki Haley needs to run against Lindsey Grahamnesty. She will make a great senator. She is the real deal.

volsense on May 16, 2010 at 1:50 PM

So now professional victims like Palin are the new face of feminism? The women who was chased our of office by a few frivolous complaints? You have got to be kidding me!!!!

Chekote on May 16, 2010 at 1:52 PM

This is great! One of the things I have hated most about the feminist movement is the underlying message to young women that they don’t need a man to make it in life, they need government. Government becomes their husband, daddy and knight in shining armor.

MagicalPat on May 16, 2010 at 1:53 PM

I guess it’s not much Chekote, but it’s a job, eh?

golfmann on May 16, 2010 at 1:54 PM

100% dead on the money.

Under the Declaration of Independence equality is an inalienable right, which the government does not grant and is not in charge of.

canditaylor68 on May 16, 2010 at 1:57 PM

If you beieve that chekote, then you probably believe AL Gore invented the internet too.

volsense on May 16, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Amen, sister.

I’m a woman who chose life over abortion, spent most of my adult life raising my son (I home schooled him) and caring for both my parents and both my in-laws as their health deteriorated. Two of them died in my arms, in their own homes. My husband brought home the bacon.

Now, I’m a middle-aged widow with a high school degree, but a lot of wisdom, and I’m quite capable of paying for my son’s education at UC-Berkeley and supporting myself.

Wouldn’t change a thing, and I don’t feel at all oppressed. I’ve had a wonderful life. Know this: I’m a Momma Grizzly, and I am by no means alone.

surfhut on May 16, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Chekote on May 16, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Palin’s entire administration was paralized by those frivolous complaints, only an idiot wouldnt be able to see or admit that. She stepped aside so that Alaska could concentrate on important things like governing in the midst of an economic crisis.

canditaylor68 on May 16, 2010 at 2:01 PM

Probably paid troll-> Chekote on May 16, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Sarah leads the way again! She’s the only one with the smarts and guts to rally the troops to go over the top to victory this fall. And she’s one of us who strives to achieve, ignores the dumb smears such as above and rises above to greater heights. Too bad we have to put up with the lame-zero in chief till Sarah replaces him in 2012. She’s helping to clean up our federal government and populate it with good people like Nikki almost single handedly. More power to her and the people.

shmendrick on May 16, 2010 at 2:05 PM

MMMM, Why don’t we ever hear about endorsements made by Mittens and Huckleberry? How about the Newtster?

All we ever hear about is that Hillbilly from Wasilly that keeps talkin’ bout that Conservative “take yer country back” schtick.

I want to hear what the MUSHY-SQUISHY Republican men have to say. You boys ain’t gonna let a gurl whip ya ares ya?

>>>>>>Carolina Crickets chirpin’<<<<<<

PappyD61 on May 16, 2010 at 2:09 PM

I long ago rejected the misogyny of feminism. I am happy to see that so many others are as well, and that so many of them are beautifully representing true feminism.

It is patently obvious from the liberal agenda that they believe that minorities can’t take care of themselves, that children should belong to the state since their parents are so incompetent and that women should be men.

Jvette on May 16, 2010 at 2:10 PM

Dump the old men – bring on the women.

jake-the-goose on May 16, 2010 at 1:45 PM

ohiobabe on May 16, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Spotted owls can look tasty if you don’t have a job. Prosperity goes hand in hand with a clean environment. Ask a mountain gorilla about that one.

universal healthcare

Umm, survival rates for breast, ovarian, and cervical cancers are much better in industrialized countries without “universal health care.” One of the first things they ration “for the common good” are PAP smears and mammograms.

civil rights, individual rights

Can’t disagree on civil rights and individual rights, but unlike Marcotte, I believe the right to property underlies them all. As in, the right of women of all races, religions, etc. to enjoy the right to their own property, and to dispose of their property as they wish. Marcotte wants those people she feels sorry for to have the right to the property of those for whom she feels less sorry. Thing is, if you don’t respect some citizens’ property rights, you don’t respect any citizens’ property rights. Which means, you can be deprived of property when some idiot in power’s Rice Krispies tell him to take it away. Which is the textbook definition of a society that has no respect for civil rights or individual rights.

bodily autonomy, things like that.

In other words, abortion, and sex with whomever, wherever, whatever. Going back to that universal healthcare thing… Once statists have used the lure of pleasure take over a society and the state has to pay for the consequences of indiscriminate sex…don’t, you know, like, count on that lasting.

I fail to see how the two agendas are all that different.

Then you are a leftist fool, but I repeat myself.

Sekhmet on May 16, 2010 at 2:13 PM

This really threatens bitter, angry, beta-trolls like Chekote.

I heard an interview with Haley on Dennis Miller. She did great.

Dongemaharu on May 16, 2010 at 2:14 PM

Know this: I’m a Momma Grizzly, and I am by no means alone.

surfhut on May 16, 2010 at 1:59 PM

No, you are hardly alone! Count me in!

The left does have disdain for conservative women. But notice the latest polling. Suburban mom’s who voted for Obama are swinging to the right. One thing Obama may have done is open the eyes to the reality of the Democrat Party, what their agenda is and the direction they’re taking this country. Women dislike it as much as men.

If there’s a plus from the election, that may be it.

Funny story: I was watching the news a while ago when Ahmadinejad gave a speech talking about the evil U.S. and my 11 yr old daughter said “Sounds like Obama wrote that speech”. Yes, I’m raising them right in every sense of the word.

NYconservative on May 16, 2010 at 2:16 PM

MagicalPat on May 16, 2010 at 1:53 PM

+1000

Sekhmet on May 16, 2010 at 2:17 PM

Frankly I am embarassed by the spinelessness displayed by many of tghe Rep’s that purport to be in possession of the “Y” chromosone. Those like the Bennett’s of the party I would be delighted to see replaced by the caliber of women of which you speak.

Speaking as one of the fraternity of the “Y” chromosone, I say, you go girl!

Archimedes on May 16, 2010 at 2:22 PM

“All smart as whips, charismatic, charming, quick, impassioned, energetic and with a fighting spirit embodying my personal motto: “Walk softly. But carry a big lipstick.”

Me likey…

Seven Percent Solution on May 16, 2010 at 2:24 PM

I’m loving this – the strong conservative women among us rising to join the fight! I can’t wait to see Nikki Haley take my old home state by storm! I know where some of my hard-earned cash is going back to SC too!

Fishoutofwater on May 16, 2010 at 2:25 PM

Great post.

Inanemergencydial on May 16, 2010 at 2:25 PM

Say hello to the scorned (I’m waving at you right now)

I don’t know who Lori Ziganto is, but I think I’m falling in love!

oldleprechaun on May 16, 2010 at 2:30 PM

Amanda Marcotte is a putz. She’s a “feminist” working for a cheater. Classic hypocrisy.

SouthernGent on May 16, 2010 at 2:30 PM

Let’s add the truly wonderful Jan Brewer to this great mix for perfection in governing.

dragondrop on May 16, 2010 at 2:33 PM

Ya know, it’s gonna be a red tide in November, just not the kind of “red” the Dems were hoping for. heh heh.

JimK on May 16, 2010 at 2:35 PM

I don’t have anything against the men :) but they are afraid to tell it like it is.Right now we need srong leadership,unfortunately the current leadership is sorely lacking this quality. ohiobabe on May 16, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Well, Ohiobabe –
The American Male has endured a couple of generations of massive cultural assault now by the Femogynist left, aided and abetted by the MSM and the victim industry, all while the the silent majority of women stood by. It is they (including you, by the way) who are beginning to, and MUST rise up now to take our culture back, and it better happen fast. Men aren’t really “afraid” to tell it like it is, but their voices have been shouted down for so long now by the hysterical guilt-mongering left, that they’ve given up. Ever tried to use facts, logic and reason on a liberal? It’s a useless waste of time.

Fishoutofwater on May 16, 2010 at 2:38 PM

The women who was chased our of office by a few frivolous complaints?

Chekote on May 16, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Actually, those weren’t “…a few frivolous complaints” It was concentrated harassment by a Marxist Troll, someone probably much like yourself. As I recall, of the 20 complaints filed against the Governor Palin, 19 were filed by the same LibTroll who was later appointed to a high-paying, low-producing, federal job by your LORD and Savior, Emperor Obeyme. The fact that the complaints were groundless was largely ignored by your Prostitute Friends in the Lame Stream Media. The LSM would never allow facts or truth to interfere with their pursuit of the destruction of freedom.

oldleprechaun on May 16, 2010 at 2:41 PM

Walk softly. But carry a big lipstick.”

I am so stealing that!

surfhut on May 16, 2010 at 2:41 PM

The IRA and the Orange Order aren’t killing each other anything like they use to, why? The women got politically involved, in 2006 shamnesty was obviously doomed, how hard was it to predict, not hard at all, the numbers of activist women rose dramatically, how do we know America is turning around? How do we know the Tea Party and real old time Conservatism (with a capital C) now has the opportunity to build a permanent Constitution abiding dominance?

The large percentage of women involved.

Its not rocket science, its historical.

Speakup on May 16, 2010 at 2:44 PM

In defense of men….

Since the advent of the “womens lib movement” men have been cowed by the screeching harpies of the left and relegated to bumbling and stupid status by the media.

It has been said that behind every great man is a woman.

Conservative women will renew the importance of manhood as well as womanhood to our families and our societies and then we can say with confidence…

Beside every great woman stands a man.

Jvette on May 16, 2010 at 2:52 PM

Living here in the Pee Dee I don’t know much about Nicki Haley, but her views will get careful consideration as a result of the Palin endorsement.

tmitsss on May 16, 2010 at 2:55 PM

speaking of strong women. Palin calls out Obama and throws down:

Let’s respect the hardworking, accomplished legal immigrants who sacrificed much, contributed selflessly, and helped build America into the greatest melting pot on earth! We need to understand the importance of America’s fair immigration laws.

Erasing U.S. borders will destroy our country as we become less safe – and this national security issue is what Arizona and other border states are addressing with reinforcement of federal immigration laws. They have to do it because the feds aren’t doing it.

I spoke with Arizona Governor Jan Brewer yesterday, and she reminded U.S. citizens that, despite President Obama’s ignoring this grave national security threat, his dismissal of the need for border security is no laughing matter – and it’s being used as a political tool to divide her state along racial lines.

The Arizona immigration law mirrors the fed’s own law. It sure would be helpful if the Obama Administration would read the short 10-page bill before laughing about it and condemning it. And it would be helpful if the media would actually read it before twisting reports on its content.

Log on to securetheborder.org to learn more and show your support for our sister state of Arizona!

We’re all Arizonans now and we say with clear unity: “Mr. President, do your job. Secure our border.”

- Sarah Palin

unseen on May 16, 2010 at 2:57 PM

Wow! The female Doctor Zero! Well done Lori.“Walk softly. But carry a big lipstick.” and “Femogynists”

Wolfen on May 16, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Chekote on May 16, 2010 at 1:52 PM

1. Define “professional victim,” in the context you’ve used it. Has Governor Palin sued anyone, to gain easy money? Or, has she extorted money from those who opposed her?
2. Defend (with logic) your contention that she was “chased out of office;” she resigned, for logically stated reasons.
3. The word “few” is often defined as “a small number, often not more than three.” You’ve used it here in place of a more accurate descriptor, such as “dozens,” “numerous,” or “many.” You should stop trying to make words mean whatever you want them to mean.

Chekote, feel free to respond to this using carefully constructed, logically sound responses.

Use words according to their commonly accepted meanings.

massrighty on May 16, 2010 at 3:01 PM

oldleprechaun on May 16, 2010 at 2:30 PM

Haha! Thankies!

surfhut on May 16, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Bingo. And brava.

Lori Ziganto on May 16, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Ohiobabe, I don’t have anything against men, either! :X)

I would, however, love to see more men in public life begin to speak as clearly and with as much conviction as women like Palin, Bachmann, and the Governor of Arizona are doing.

The only man in public life I can think of right now who is standing on his convictions is the Governor of New Jersey.

I’m now going to take my Momma Grizzley self out of the conversation for a while, as I have some shirts to iron and some floors to mop and some grocery shopping to do.

I’ll plug in some music, dance and sing to myself while I’m doing it, and be perfectly happy.

Liberals can call me an oppressed, uneducated knuckle-dragger if they want to. I don’t see it that way, and I bet I’m a lot happier and fulfilled than the latte’ crowd is.

surfhut on May 16, 2010 at 3:04 PM

And unlike previous Republicans whose conservatism has been diluted once they got to Washington, Palin does not seem to care in the least what the establishment class – on both sides of the aisle – thinks of her. If she does come to Washington, her conservatism and convictions won’t get watered down. She’ll come to Washington to change it and not let Washington change her. In the end, this, more than anything, is what scares the left-leaning members of the establishment and chattering class. And also why conservatives gravitate towards and are willing to fight harder for her.

unseen on May 16, 2010 at 3:10 PM

ohiobabe on May 16, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Don’t give up on us. Most real men want to be heros to their women but need the enforcement of a strong women to bolster their courage.

docdave on May 16, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Ziganto is fun to say.

Kevin M on May 16, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Fishoutofwater on May 16, 2010 at 2:25 PM

Rising to join the fight. Leading the fight too. Sometimes there are no men in sight.

* Palin
* Bachmann
* Cheney
* Brewer
* Haley
* Next?

Palin’s appeal to women is an existential threat to the Left, and so they hate her bitterly. How sweet it is.

petefrt on May 16, 2010 at 3:14 PM

Here here for the new and real feminism… I never suscribed to the Gloria Steinman feminism because they fit the name “feminazi” they were so militant especialy against men. My mother used to say to me, “Honey a father is not a mother… a man is not a woman ” She taught me that we have differences that can’t be ignored but which compliment each other and that we have distint roles to play in the family, in the raising of our kids and in society.

My husband and I will be celebrating 20 years of marriage this year and I think a lot of our success has had to do with respecting each other’s roles, supporting each other and putting each other first… So many of my friends who wanted to act like all they needed from their husbands was sex and sometimes not even that… are living in condos alone while their exes have remaried women, usually latinas or asians, who are knocking themselves out not bysubjugating themselves but by making their men feel loved and significant and special… and their men are repaying in kind…

So its not just about politics with us it’s about preserving the family which has been under assault for the last 40 years.

CCRWM on May 16, 2010 at 3:18 PM

volsense on May 16, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Wait, are you saying Al didn’t invent the internet?? Next, you’ll be telling me he didn’t invent global warming.

FalseProfit on May 16, 2010 at 3:28 PM

This is exactly why us conservative guys LOVE our conservative women. When they’ve had enough, like Lori, they don’t shriek and yell, they shoot for center mass.

Well done, Lori. Please keep the bullets (and your blogs) a comin’.

TXUS on May 16, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Wolfen on May 16, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Ya beat me to it. LZ

I’m ogling your well formed conservative principles. Aw, you know what I mean.
Inspirational Post, congrats!

ontherocks on May 16, 2010 at 3:36 PM

Chekote on May 16, 2010 at 1:52 PM

If 27 is “a few,” I’d really like to hear your definition of “many.” Not that I suspect you to still be around after you dropped your $8 an hour comment and have gone to collect your paycheck. They don’t pay you to find the facts, just to dive bomb…

And it wasn’t just her. Those trying to hurt were practicing scattershot fire by filing complaints against her communications director and her personal assistant.

The ethics filers were trying to shut down the Alaskan government.

Because they didn’t like the governor.

She refused to let that happen and stepped down to fight another day.

And she hasn’t stopped fighting since.

hrh40 on May 16, 2010 at 3:44 PM

A Conservative woman is one who doesn’t waste her ammo.

Palin, Malkin, Bachmann, et al…

profitsbeard on May 16, 2010 at 3:48 PM

Great post! Keep carrying that big lipstick and keep your (face)powder dry.

The real feminists need to keep coming on loud and strong like all the brave women you’ve mentioned and more. The days when being a strong woman was defined by how weak you can make men and how much the government can help you must end, and for the first time it looks like it might actually happen.

Can’t wait to see more posts from you.

DrAllecon on May 16, 2010 at 3:49 PM

Surely there’s a district in Alaska in which she can become the Next Madame Speaker, this generation’s Newt G.

joeindc44 on May 16, 2010 at 3:53 PM

Me too.

LOL

beachgirlusa on May 16, 2010 at 4:03 PM

I’m having a tough time with the etymology of this “femogynist” word:

“Fem” – Latin for female

“Gyn” – Greek for, well, female

“ist”

=

Female-female-ist? Woman-womanist?

What?

notropis on May 16, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Wow!!!! Keep it up…you gotta break fee from the MSM and the poll sniffers and do your own thing…the peeps will follow!!!!!

winston on May 16, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Great read Lori and dead on point.

Do conservative women rock or what?

darwin on May 16, 2010 at 5:21 PM

notropis on May 16, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Misogynist. Look it up.

Slowburn on May 16, 2010 at 5:21 PM

notropis on May 16, 2010 at 4:38 PM

It’s a portmanteau. Feminist + Misogynist.

I dig portmanteaux. That’s just how I roll :)

Lori Ziganto on May 16, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Walk softly. But carry a big lipstick.”

Make that a Big Bold Color of Lipstick – like RED!!!
AS a fellow Momma Grizzly I’m with ya all the way sista!!!!!

huskerdiva on May 16, 2010 at 5:40 PM

If Haley wins will Grahamnesty be first in line to try to get her endorsement for his next (I hope he fails) senate campaign. Methinks he’s going to need to manufacture some conservative street cred next time.

SKYFOX on May 16, 2010 at 5:48 PM

I’m with surfhut (several posts up).
BTW, I love catching Lori’s posts. Brilliant again, as usual. I never miss ‘em on IOTW.

ZeeMI on May 16, 2010 at 5:49 PM

You go! girls. My wife says it’s OK to give you a shout-out.
Randy

williars on May 16, 2010 at 5:53 PM

Amanda Marcotte is a horrible woman.

Knuterockne on May 16, 2010 at 6:26 PM

You articulated it beautifully. I have felt this way for a long time!
Conservative women are finding each other, and boy are we pizzed!

Chewy the Lab on May 16, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Bravo!

And thank you for saying so succinctly what I have felt for so long. I haven’t needed babysitter government, well, ever. I’m a woman. The faux feminists seem to think that automatically means I’m weak, needy and dumb. Sorry to break it to the programmed female libs, but I write my own story, not anyone else. They can quit telling me what I can’t do and get the hell out of my way.

caygeon on May 16, 2010 at 6:46 PM

It is interesting how the left defines their positions on the downtrodden and yet continues to keep them in that state. I’ve always said they’re like crack dealers, and year after year they prove me right.

What I find confounding (or did until recently) is the way certain demographics of the left who demagogue their “own” -i.e. Blacks for Blacks and everything is racist, or women for women and everything is sexist- in reality don’t ever do anything to actually help those they pretend to champion. Al Sharpton and Cecile Richards come to mind.

Sharpton keeps blacks down and expects them to kneel at his feet for leadership and guidance for the better part of 40 years now, and Richards just keeps advocating killing babies and causing immeasurable emotional problems for the women she claims to be helping.

But I think in reality, people like Sharpton and Richards don’t really see race and gender, they see themselves and other “liberal elites” as the ruling class, and everyone else as the proletariat; there to serve the needs and desires of the great mush of “Pat’s” that are the Progressive leadership. We don’t differentiate, so why should you?

Gay, straight- there’s really no difference. Radical Islam? Nah, just people like us who need our love an affection so they’ll fall in line and work for us just like the millions of illegal immigrants already here. Women, men- not important. In fact, if you want to dress like the other or even have surgery to “become” the other, we encourage that. Drugs? Sure, you’re easier to control that way.

It’s really just a sick ego trip wherein the Progressive Left believes that not only are they better than the rest of us, but they have the ability to raise and lower the seas, warm or cool global temperatures, and provide just enough money for everyone to have all (and only) the basic necessities if they can just convince us that they need to turn it all over to them to manage for us. And once we do that, we’ll have no more need for our false gods as we’ll be totally dependent on them- the hippie liberal douches.

My rant is complete. Thank you for your tolerance.

BKeyser on May 16, 2010 at 7:08 PM

We all grew up knowing our female relatives were pioneer women. They settled Texas and Oklahoma,Indian territory, we knew them personally and knew that they could ride,rope,shoot,and later drove stick shift. These Ladies dressed to go to town but worked all week right in there with the men. Several out lasted the men and increased the family holdings and wealth way beyond what the boys had done.
Every one of them spoke their minds and managed to be cultured,well traveled and polite. We just grew up thinking all women were OK until we went East and met the junior league,what a let down.The South and West does have STEEL MAGNOLIAS.

Col.John Wm. Reed on May 16, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Do conservative women rock or what?

darwin

Yes we do :)

beachgirlusa on May 16, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Wouldn’t it be awful if they dropped Alalhpundit for Dr. Zero and Lori? Just saying!

bw222 on May 16, 2010 at 9:26 PM

1. “Youths oppress my people, women rule over them. O my people, your guides lead you astray; they turn you from the path.” Isaiah 3:12
2. “Taking feminism back”? Considering that feminism and socialism are inextricably linked, I’m not exactly sure what point you’re trying to make with this statement. Feminism is anti-family and pro-state at its core. I’ve written on this before.

Send_Me on May 16, 2010 at 10:13 PM

Send_Me on May 16, 2010 at 10:13 PM

Yes, I’ve written on it many times myself. The original feminists were Pro-family and ardently pro-life. The term became bastardized beyond recognition once it was taken over by the modern day feminists; people who only use it as a guise for pushing a liberal agenda.

I don’t wish to take it back because it’s a *necessary* term. I am taking it back so that they cannot continue to use it and lie and say they are For the Women and Children ™ when, in reality, they are anything but.

Lori Ziganto on May 16, 2010 at 10:30 PM

One can be pro-life, but not necessarily pro-family. But I will ask, what is your definition of feminism, specifically as it relates to gender roles in society and families?

Send_Me on May 16, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Which group of women care about how women are treated by Islam, which we are instructed by Obama to respect?

GaltBlvnAtty on May 16, 2010 at 11:37 PM

bw222 on May 16, 2010 at 9:26 PM

It would be awful dropping anyone for Lori.

MadisonConservative on May 17, 2010 at 3:54 AM

Woot!!! Go Lori!!

SueM on May 17, 2010 at 10:45 AM

“Lori Ziganto on May 16, 2010 at 5:26 PM”

But you removed the “mis-”, which is really the key part of the word that you want to emphasize.

There’s nothing left in “femogynist” to suggest anything anti-woman. Plenty of other words use “gyn,” that have nothing to do with being anti-woman. Gynecologist, androgynous, philogynist, etc.

I’d try for something that at least conveys the notion of being anti-woman, if that’s the intent.

Misogynist. Look it up.

Slowburn on May 16, 2010 at 5:21 PM

The “mis-” is the anti- part. Look it up. And it’s now “missing.”

notropis on May 17, 2010 at 11:26 AM

bw222 on May 16, 2010 at 9:26 PM

I’d rather see Morrissey go than AP; I hear Backdoor John McCain needs a new campaign manager. Ed would be a perfect fit. Shameless self promoter seeks shameless self promoter to lie about past record and get reelected for mavericky high jinx. Ed could start all of McCain’s pressers with a plug for his show. Win-win.

austinnelly on May 17, 2010 at 11:47 AM

It’s a portmanteau. Feminist + Misogynist.

I dig portmanteaux. That’s just how I roll :)

Lori Ziganto on May 16, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Could I suggest Femisogynist?

Preserves the Feminist portion of the portmanteau, but restores the critical “mis” to the equation, making it clear to the uninitiated that this is someone with a negative attitude towards women?

VekTor on May 17, 2010 at 3:31 PM