Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the Week?

posted at 9:19 am on May 16, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

It’s time once again to choose the Obamateurism of the Week, so don’t just sit on the sidelines — because OOTW voting is just like invading the beach at Normandy, or something.  You don’t need to get all Wii-Wii’d up over it, Uncle Fudd, so don’t commit e-pants-ipation or anything.  Just know that it you don’t vote, your input will have been, er, failed.

Previous 2010 “winners”:

Comments

Obama invoking “trust, but verify.”

I can’t believe no one’s called him on this.

Joan of Argghh on May 16, 2010 at 9:25 AM

Information becomes a distraction”

Yeah we dont want pesky facts to get out and make people unhappy.

William Amos on May 16, 2010 at 9:26 AM

Option #4
This presidency has been….failed

cmsinaz on May 16, 2010 at 9:27 AM

Glad I’m not the only one picking the whole anti-technology thing. Seems a to have bit common with some un-named other folks around the world in that regard.

abobo on May 16, 2010 at 9:29 AM

Yeah, cause I get all my information from my X-Box. Just the other day, I was playing Halo, looking for answers…

karl9000 on May 16, 2010 at 9:33 AM

I thought this week was about AZ.

None of the above.

AnninCA on May 16, 2010 at 9:37 AM

I thought this week was about AZ.

AnninCA on May 16, 2010 at 9:37 AM

Then you haven’t been paying attention. What a surprise! Not.

ProfessorMiao on May 16, 2010 at 9:42 AM

So many idiotic statements, can I buy a vote… Didn’t think so. Okay, thank God for those has been failed moments.

RalphyBoy on May 16, 2010 at 9:44 AM

abobo on May 16, 2010 at 9:29 AM

Had to select this one myself, as this statement came off as an attempt to steer people away from open mindedness and one’s own ability for research and fact finding… Trust in big brother people, we are your only guiding light.

Shallow, Weak, and down right Evil.

Keemo on May 16, 2010 at 9:46 AM

Too much information!! I are confused….

ladyingray on May 16, 2010 at 9:48 AM

Laura Bush gave an interview on Fox and said while in the White House she was among the ghosts of Presidents – that explains why Barry is absent most of the time , afraid of past Presidents

wheels on May 16, 2010 at 9:48 AM

Tough choice this week. Obama packs so many lies into each and every week of his presidency. That’s his greatest talent.

WordsMatter on May 16, 2010 at 9:50 AM

Information becomes a distraction

Here it comes.

petefrt on May 16, 2010 at 9:50 AM

AnninCA on May 16, 2010 at 9:37 AM

What do you think about your man Clinton saying we need more illegal immigrants and the VAT tax to grow our economy and create jobs?

ladyingray on May 16, 2010 at 9:50 AM

I can forgive a president’s making a mistake or being wrong, but I can’t forgive intentional deceit.

President Obama HAS an iPod, His remark was a lie, and a stupid one at that. The man has no integrity. It’s all about the appearance, not the substance.

goddessoftheclassroom on May 16, 2010 at 9:51 AM

The man with the Blackberry bemoaning technology.

blatantblue on May 16, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Information becomes a distraction. Don’t worry about pesky facts.

Southernblogger on May 16, 2010 at 9:52 AM

Because having all that music on my IPOD, instead of having to carry CD’s, distracts me from the speeches of Dear Toonces.

MNHawk on May 16, 2010 at 9:54 AM

All contenders (again), but I chose B. Mr. Multi-media President who likes to bypass all outlets, even the in-the-tank MSM, to a) create his own WH vlog complete with WH only video, b) WH only interview with Kagan, c) change the POTUS weekly radio address to video address, d) mr. Crackberry who must have his bb…..

To Obama there is only one truth and all contradictions and alternative views must be silenced. He’s a hypocrite and ridiculously ignorant. Who gets their information from Xbox and video games??? Sir Eloquence cannot blame this on TOTUS.

conservative pilgrim on May 16, 2010 at 9:54 AM

if Bambi thinks all this new media is a distraction, then he should ask his SEIU/OFA/Soros text/twitter/email/cell phone brigade to stand down.

because at the polls last year, alot of 1st time, newly released from prison voters were bragging about their tech. communications from Obama & that’s why they were going to vote for him.

kelley in virginia on May 16, 2010 at 9:55 AM

The O-administration’s efforts to stifle information and belittle sources other than its own controlled message-making is not only pathetically amateurish but absolutely dangerous to liberty. Who does this clown think he is: Chavez?

I will re-post an article about the extensive warroom of propaganda that the ObaMaoists have set up.

This news is choice: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/05/14/94191/white-house-message-machinery.html

The ObaMaomedia bypasses even the MFM to Goebbelize its message. The twit-analyst who praises ObaMao for using one-on-one interviews more than did his predecessors doesn’t recognize the kneepads worn by the interviewer and the control the WH and the whole Axelrod-Emanuel troika has in getting a favorable, but not accurate, message out.

onlineanalyst on May 16, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Kudos to ladyingray for asking a question of Anninca without resorting to a mindless ad hominem attack or childish name calling.

It is not a bad thing to have a mildly left leaning person posting here who puts some thought into her comments and is willing to consider that we on the right have a point sometimes.

FOWG1 on May 16, 2010 at 10:01 AM

All the bumbles and fumbles are a very good case for not ever electing an “intellectual” with zero common sense.
O made such a big deal over his Blackberry, now says he doesn’t know how to use one, what an a**hat.
O just can’t help himself, he’s a congenital liar.

elclynn on May 16, 2010 at 10:02 AM

For being the smartest Precedent ever elected he makes GWB look like Einstein. Failed instead of foiled and a Brother who was the president of Harvard Law Review who can’t spit out emancipation. Mad skilz that boy has.

thomasaur on May 16, 2010 at 10:06 AM

onlineanalyst on May 16, 2010 at 9:56 AM

I just finished reading that story at Drudge… This president, his administration, and those whom he chooses to surround himself with, must really believe in their hearts that the people of this country (and the world) are gullible and dumbed down to the point where this behavior will be adopted and accepted.

Narcissist…Arrogant…Delusional…

Keemo on May 16, 2010 at 10:06 AM

When everything you say is programmed into a teleprompter, information outside that device becomes a distraction.

fourdeucer on May 16, 2010 at 10:07 AM

So much information! My head hurts! I need health care! No! I need distraction! No! I need more viewpoints! No! I need pills! No! I need a job! No! I need entrepreneurial freedom like The Mighty Nan said! No! I need… uh… um…

ExpressoBold on May 16, 2010 at 10:07 AM

FOWG1 on May 16, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Stuff a sock in it concern newby, after you’ve heard one of Anninthecan’s blatherings you’ve heard them all.

thomasaur on May 16, 2010 at 10:09 AM

Harvard University is not going to come out of this presidency looking like a world class University. Much light is being shed on this University and it’s Progressive teachings…

Keemo on May 16, 2010 at 10:09 AM

When Duh One believes that information is a distraction, that means he has a plan to regulate it. We You have elected the enemy.

Philly on May 16, 2010 at 10:11 AM

Democratic “Peace Offensive” ?

J_Crater on May 16, 2010 at 10:11 AM

“Information becomes a distraction”

This is not only contradictory but sounds dangerous.

Who really took his “fundamentally change the U.S.A.” to mean the march toward Cuba?

This is just one more step in that direction.

tru2tx on May 16, 2010 at 10:12 AM

The impression I got from President Obama’s comment on technology was less about the devices themselves and more about the fact that his administration can not control the message on such far ranging and easily accessed media. He fears the information not the technology.

JKotthoff on May 16, 2010 at 10:12 AM

The incredible dissonance between the real world and the O’s opining, makes be think something is going to break. When it does it won’t be pretty. It kind of reminds be of this: the Famed Tacoma Narrows Bridge disaster:

JimK on May 16, 2010 at 10:12 AM

All thumbs this morning, I guess, “be” should be “me”. Twice.

JimK on May 16, 2010 at 10:14 AM

JKotthoff on May 16, 2010 at 10:12 AM

Ditto’s…

Keemo on May 16, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Considering his admin pbacks high speed internet for everyone

Obama administration to hand out millions to encourage high-speed Internet use

William Amos on May 16, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Good grief. We spent a whole campaign year listening to him blather about distractions. I don’t know about anyone else, but if ever there was a year when Americans needed a distraction, this is it.

scalleywag on May 16, 2010 at 10:19 AM

There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov.

Lets not forget his favorite website for snitches.

fourdeucer on May 16, 2010 at 10:27 AM

It’s becoming painfully obvious this guy can never have another full-blown press conference. Can you imagine the questions (if our LSM has any balls):

Mr. President, you’ve said information can be a distraction, are you ready to give up your Blackberry?

Mr. President, you’ve said at some point, you’ve made enough money – how much is enough? Is $5 million enough?

What would be your favorite questions?

PatMac on May 16, 2010 at 10:29 AM

GOP disengage / engage, for its blatant two-facedness and its explicit reliance on his followers’ short attention spans and inability to practice critical thinking

ya2daup on May 16, 2010 at 10:29 AM

Geez Ed, once again, how in the world can we choose between any of these. Where’s the “all of the above” choice!

jnelchef on May 16, 2010 at 10:31 AM

FOWG1 on May 16, 2010 at 10:01 AM

LOL. I still think she’s Allahpundit having us on.

a capella on May 16, 2010 at 10:32 AM

ya2daup on May 16, 2010 at 10:29 AM

Yep, that comment is loaded up with critical thinking…

Keemo on May 16, 2010 at 10:34 AM

ya2daup on May 16, 2010 at 10:29 AM

My sentiments exactly

thomasaur on May 16, 2010 at 10:35 AM

Well, in the end, I went with the technology choice but my heart was with the E-Pants-ipation one. That just makes me chuckle every time I think of it.

jnelchef on May 16, 2010 at 10:36 AM

“Information becomes a distraction”
This is not only contradictory but sounds dangerous.

This is just one more step in that direction.

tru2tx on May 16, 2010 at 10:12 AM

It derives from the Democrats’ MO, which we’ve seen running at full steam for the past 16 months: Never let the facts get in your way.

ProfessorMiao on May 16, 2010 at 10:36 AM

O just can’t help himself, he’s a congenital liar.

elclynn on May 16, 2010 at 10:02 AM

Not exactly great advertising for his alma mater is he?

stvnscott on May 16, 2010 at 10:39 AM

karl9000 on May 16, 2010 at 9:33 AM

That’s your problem, I found all the answers on xbox, but they are in BC2 :D

Mini-14 on May 16, 2010 at 10:42 AM

I can’t wait till he starts rounding up his adversaries.

Inanemergencydial on May 16, 2010 at 10:43 AM

I thought this week was about AZ.

None of the above.

AnninCA on May 16, 2010 at 9:37 AM

Remember several years ago when they used to have phone-in/text-in polls where you would have to pay $4.95 to vote on something? There was always an option for “No opinion,” and some number of people actually paid to vote for that option. I always wondered who would pay $4.95 to vote “No opinion.” Now I know.

stvnscott on May 16, 2010 at 10:46 AM

Hard choices this week, nothing seems to stand out above the rest. Personally, I think he should be called out for pouring gasoline on the AZ thing and then lighting the match. I also think he should be called out for prancing around the country campaigning while things in the Gulf reach epic proportions. The only one who seems to paying attention or worrying is Stupak. Obama seems not to have the slightest idea about his job description.

jeanie on May 16, 2010 at 10:55 AM

stvnscott on May 16, 2010 at 10:46 AM

touche!

However, this is free.

AnninCA on May 16, 2010 at 11:04 AM

I chose ‘information becomes a distraction’ but “epantsipation” was very funny!

Lizzy on May 16, 2010 at 11:07 AM

thomasaur,

Hey, let’s have a flame war. That always clears issues.

“put a sock in it” That parallels “get in their face, shout them down” from our Dear leader.

thomasaur, continue to live in your echo chamber comfort zone.

Peace.

FOWG1 on May 16, 2010 at 11:12 AM

Remember when George H.W. Bush toyed with the gocery scanner, “proving” his tragic un-hipness?

“With iPods and iPads and Xboxes and PlayStations–none of which I know how to work–information becomes a distraction, a diversion, a form of entertainment, rather than a tool of empowerment, rather than the means of emancipation.”

Organizing for America | Obama 08: The Official iPhone and iPod …Photos and videos from the campaign trail are all here, too. Download the free Obama ’08 application for your iPhone™ or iPod® touch

“You’re coming of age in a 24/7 media environment that bombards us with all kinds of content and exposes us to all kinds of arguments, some of which don’t always rank all that high on the truth meter–which is why I’ve chosen Van Jones as my Truth Czar.”

Noel on May 16, 2010 at 11:12 AM

Finally chose the failed bomb incident. Seemed as if that one pointed to one of this administration’s worst potential failings.

jeanie on May 16, 2010 at 11:18 AM

Had to go with”information as a distraction”,only because it was original.
We have seen his inability to read a teleprompter before,and his narcissism is well documented.
As usual,though,all the choices are good.

DDT on May 16, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Epanstipation. It’s just more evidence that he doesn’t know what he’s going to say until the teleprompter tells him what to say.

boomer on May 16, 2010 at 11:30 AM

Hmm, I missed the ‘has been failed’ one.

Obama; “All your money is belong to us.”

reaganaut on May 16, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Pretty disconcerting to have a “smart” President tell us that information is a distraction. I always thought the whole point of going to college (especially an Ivy League one) was to be able to tap into all that information. Now that I know the truth, I’ll make sure to keep his distractions at a minimum; which is why I change the channel when his face is on my TV.

texabama on May 16, 2010 at 11:37 AM

I went with the “information” one. Dictators, and wannabe dictators do not want a populace with access to independent information.

rbj on May 16, 2010 at 12:00 PM

how can so many of you people be so wrong!

toenail on May 16, 2010 at 12:51 PM

I do believe that was the toughest weekly choice yet. You’re doing a bang up job Hussien…

Hog Wild on May 16, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Obama invoking “trust, but verify.”

I can’t believe no one’s called him on this.

Joan of Argghh on May 16, 2010 at 9:25 AM

I snickered at that one, too.

Connie on May 16, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Talk about impossible choices.

I went with Free Speech due to how he redefines “social justice” from day to day.

I’ve got to protect my son’s XBox and Play Stations at any cost…

Shivas Irons on May 16, 2010 at 2:11 PM

Lets not forget his favorite website for snitches.

fourdeucer on May 16, 2010 at 10:27 AM

Ding. Dong. Thread winner!

GrannyDee on May 16, 2010 at 2:18 PM

I just had to vote for Wii-Wii’d Up.

ClassicalMusicNerd on May 16, 2010 at 2:48 PM

karl9000 on May 16, 2010 at 9:33 AM

I found Moderne Warfare has some good answers.

Muslim Terrorists are bad.

A government that does not want the people to have information it cannot control is not a government of or for the people.

cobrakai99 on May 16, 2010 at 3:14 PM

In November the craven narcissistic pupil will be de-pants-ified and will become the Eunuch in Chief.

Schadenfreude on May 16, 2010 at 3:40 PM

It was a tough call this week. I was torn between “Information becomes a distraction” and “Obama gripes about GOP”. But I went with the first one. The latter was a threat to a political party; the former was a threat to our liberty.

Oh to be a fly on the wall during his constitutional law class.

manwithblackhat on May 16, 2010 at 6:02 PM

TMI+/- Obama:

Let me make one thing exclusively clear, you can know too much.

Ignorance is a kind of noble strength.

And an opportunity, because it’s a crisis.

Which you can never let go to waste.

Remember, we can’t let the racists win!

I’m brown, amigos! L’chaim!

Don’t eat the two-headed crow of bigotry!

Vote for little ole me.

profitsbeard on May 16, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Just when you think that it couldn’t be any worse than last week.

al_einstein on May 16, 2010 at 11:48 PM

I want to laugh at these, except that the pattern of behavior they show is a man who LIES constantly. He twists and distorts truth with such ease, it really scares the begezzus out of me.

redwhiteblue on May 17, 2010 at 12:43 AM

ExpressoBold on May 16, 2010 at 10:07 AM

Sounds like you need some, um, ExpressoBold.

Cybergeezer on May 17, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Yea; All this technology stuff is causing so much stress; Barracky boy should quit using that electronic tele-prompter, and speak off the cuff! Heh, heh.

Cybergeezer on May 17, 2010 at 9:38 AM