New billboards in MN ask: Had enough Hope and Change?

posted at 11:36 am on May 14, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

A new pair of billboards protesting the Barack Obama presidency and the Democratic agenda have appeared in Minnesota, sponsored by the same group that brought us the reminder of Ronald Reagan.  This time, one of the billboard companies (CBS) required an identification, due to the political nature of the messaging, even though no laws require such disclosure.  The group of businesspeople who sponsored these billboards have formed Freedom Boards Across America, and plan even more such messages in the months to come:

A battle is raging within America that will determine our nation’s future. Today we stand at a crossroads.  The freedoms that Americans have enjoyed for over 200 years are in jeopardy of being lost.  Secular-progressives want to remake America into a nation that resembles a socialist state.  Out-of-control government spending, socialized medicine, corporate bailouts, amnesty for illegals, government unions, corrupt elections and cap-and-tax schemes all threaten to forever transform our nation.  Unless we act now, we could forever loose the liberties for which our forefathers fought and died.

The mission of Freedom Boards Across America is to expose the failure of secular progressive policies and remind Americans of the principles of freedom which have made our nation great.  Our hope is that these billboards will inspire others to take-up the cause to defend America’s liberty from all threats — both foreign and domestic.

This is not a money-making venture – we accept no donations.  We simply provide a do-it-yourself toolkit that enables freedom-loving Americans to participate in a program of promoting freedom across our nation.  Please take a moment to review our billboard designs to see if one or more inspires you to get involved.   Then just follow the simple instructions for sponsoring a billboard ad in your community.  Working together, we can help spread the message of freedom across America.

Here are the two new billboards greeting Minnesota drivers:

We’ll keep our eyes peeled for more.  If the feds re-enact the 55 MPH speed limit as has been rumored, we’ll get to slow down and take a really good look at these signs when they appear.

If you want to see these signs in your community, FBAA has about two dozen or so designs and links to major billboard providers in every state.  All you need is the cash and the motivation.

Update: The FBAA site has a map that shows the locations of all their billboards.  The two in Minnesota are on I-94 near Albertville (between Minneapolis and St. Cloud) and on I-35 north of Saint Paul.

Update II: Earlier, I wrote that the “Miss Me Yet?” billboards came from the same people.  It was a different group that paid for that billboard.  I have amended the first paragraph accordingly.

Comments

If the feds re-enact the 55 MPH speed limit as has been rumored

?

lorien1973 on May 14, 2010 at 11:38 AM

55 MPH? yeah, right. that’ll be real popular.

uncalheels on May 14, 2010 at 11:39 AM

Ed -

Do you know where these are?

gophergirl on May 14, 2010 at 11:40 AM

“Had enough Hope and Change?”

Why, yes, yes I have…

… Thank you for asking!

Seven Percent Solution on May 14, 2010 at 11:40 AM

If the feds re-enact the 55 MPH speed limit as has been rumored

First I’ve heard of it. They didn’t piss off enough people the last time?

Kelligan on May 14, 2010 at 11:41 AM

Raaaciiist. It shows Obooba as a black guy. That’s like profiling or something.

Akzed on May 14, 2010 at 11:41 AM

If the feds re-enact the 55 MPH speed limit as has been rumored

?

lorien1973 on May 14, 2010 at 11:38 AM

That would be a part of the Crap & Tax bill. Driving over 55 mph wastes gas and emits carbons (or something) that are harmful to the environment. What would we do without the Nanny State looking out for us?

conservative pilgrim on May 14, 2010 at 11:41 AM

Schweet! Nice laugh on a Friday morning, but I suppose seeing the Constitution run through a shredder should elicit just the opposite reaction.

WordsMatter on May 14, 2010 at 11:41 AM

55 MPH? yeah, right. that’ll be real popular.

uncalheels on May 14, 2010 at 11:39 AM

Sammy Hagar will love it. Doc Brown will be p-ssed.

Doughboy on May 14, 2010 at 11:41 AM

Impeach this goober.

-Before it’s too late.

Dave R. on May 14, 2010 at 11:42 AM

Put one up in your area…

These need to be seen in places besides MN.

tetriskid on May 14, 2010 at 11:42 AM

If the feds re-enact the 55 MPH speed limit as has been rumored …

Oh dear God NOOOOOO!!!

65 is bad enough! I don’t need anymore tickets!

Tony737 on May 14, 2010 at 11:43 AM

When they make gas cost so much that we can’t afford a fill up, we will by necessity drive 55 to be able to afford to drive at all. Gas will be outlawed as soon as GM develops a wind powered Tahoe.

Kissmygrits on May 14, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Keith Olbermann: “That Billboard is racist!! It depicts Barack Obama as a dark skinned black man!!!!”

portlandon on May 14, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Raaaciiist. It shows Obooba as a black guy. That’s like profiling or something.

Akzed on May 14, 2010 at 11:41 AM

Trying to get on crr6′s good side…?

/ :O)

Seven Percent Solution on May 14, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Doc Brown will be p-ssed. – Doughboy

Maybe he and Marty can go back fix this mess … the WHOLE mess!

Tony737 on May 14, 2010 at 11:44 AM

The second one works for me.

Put one up in your area…

These need to be seen in places besides MN.

tetriskid on May 14, 2010 at 11:42 AM

I’d love to have one in our area. I see too many Obama stickers on cars. There is gridlock on the roads during rush hour, so plenty of people would get to see it.

conservative pilgrim on May 14, 2010 at 11:45 AM

The CBS logo is icing on the cake.

Fletch54 on May 14, 2010 at 11:45 AM

If the feds re-enact the 55 MPH speed limit as has been rumored …
Oh dear God NOOOOOO!!!

65 is bad enough! I don’t need anymore tickets!

Tony737 on May 14, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Dude, you can always claim that the police acted stupidly.

jimmy2shoes on May 14, 2010 at 11:46 AM

HopeLessNess and ChangeLessNess

-brought to you by,

-Team Socialist Liberal

canopfor on May 14, 2010 at 11:46 AM

Why is the CBS logo under the signs?

WordsMatter on May 14, 2010 at 11:47 AM

Never mind… doh!

WordsMatter on May 14, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Sammy Hagar will love it. – Doughboy

“… and I can’t get my car outta second gear”

No kidding man, I’m speeding before I’m even in gear on MD’s 301 speedtrap.

Tony737 on May 14, 2010 at 11:49 AM

Love the second billboard, which begs the question, did Obama read the Constitution before he shredded it?

Since Holder hasn’t read the AZ anti-illegal immigration law, and Congress didn’t read the health care reform bill before passing it, I’ll guess no.

NebCon on May 14, 2010 at 11:49 AM

Why is the CBS logo under the signs?

WordsMatter on May 14, 2010 at 11:47 AM

They own and lease the boards.

forest on May 14, 2010 at 11:50 AM

See Bishop…how do like them apples???/

BigWyo on May 14, 2010 at 11:51 AM

Would be surprised to even see MPH anymore as much as the left want to turn us into Europe they may as well just convert to KPH. 55MPH=88.5KPH

fourdeucer on May 14, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Dude, you can always claim that the police acted stupidly. – Jimmy

Hahaha only the “special upperclass” people can do that. Not us lowly serfs.

Tony737 on May 14, 2010 at 11:52 AM

55 mph again? Golly, we’re roaring into the mid 1970′s, Carter era malaise.

BowHuntingTexas on May 14, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Lower the speed limit. The little tin cans that will do 35 miles per gallon will have no chance of life after a collision at 70 miles per hour. The EPA is not about safety and they will claim 55 is safer. It is really about the little cars that need handles on the side so you don’t have to buy a casket.
The New Secretary of Energy is socialism. There is no socialism without coercion.

seven on May 14, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Maybe he and Marty can go back fix this mess … the WHOLE mess!

Tony737 on May 14, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Doughboy on May 14, 2010 at 11:53 AM

Reckon we’ll be going back to the “prairie schooner”!

tim c on May 14, 2010 at 11:54 AM

Wasn’t the authority to set speed limits historically with the states – temporarily usurped by the feds and then returned to the states? McDonnell here in VA is talking about raising the speed limit to 70 on certain highways. So the rumor re 55 mph limit means that the feds would usurp the states on this again?

Firefly_76 on May 14, 2010 at 11:54 AM

If the feds re-enact the 55 MPH speed limit as has been rumored

OMG I’m trapped in Jimmy Carter’s presidency again, only this time with a 54 year old body. HELP!!

jwolf on May 14, 2010 at 11:55 AM

I need to check out that site. I’d love to find some bumper stickers. If Christmas is still allowed this year, they’d make great stocking stuffers.

I LOVE this group!!! GREAT JOB!!!

capejasmine on May 14, 2010 at 11:56 AM

I imagine some billboards can get very distracting.

“…you’re coming of age in a 24/7 media environment that bombards us with all kinds of content and exposes us to all kinds of arguments, some of which don’t always rank that high on the truth meter. And with iPods and iPads; and Xboxes and PlayStations — none of which I know how to work — information becomes a distraction, a diversion, a form of entertainment, rather than a tool of empowerment, rather than the means of emancipation. So all of this is not only putting pressure on you; it’s putting new pressure on our country and on our democracy.” –Pres. Obama at Hampton University

RBMN on May 14, 2010 at 11:58 AM

I’m starting to think even evil Biff Tannen couldn’t mess things up as badly as Barry has. – Doughboy

I’m getting an idea for a cross-over movie … Back to the Future … and The Terminator!

Tony737 on May 14, 2010 at 11:59 AM

MD’s 301 speedtrap.

Tony737 on May 14, 2010 at 11:49 AM

A “speedtrap” in the DC area?

Impossible.

Where can you speed, the emergency lane?

I bought a car when I lived in Arlington and it took me months to figure out that the rear window would whistle at speeds greater than 60 mph, because I was always stuck in traffic.

NoDonkey on May 14, 2010 at 11:59 AM

55 mph!! Hell I go that fast in parking lots!

BruceB on May 14, 2010 at 12:00 PM

55 mph!! Hell I go that fast in parking lots!

BruceB on May 14, 2010 at 12:00 PM

ROFLMAO!!! I’ll try and stay out of your way! LOL

capejasmine on May 14, 2010 at 12:02 PM

The little tin cans that will do 35 miles per gallon will have no chance of life after a collision at 70 miles per hour. – Seven

I think we should just remove all seat belts and airbags, and add a SPIKE to the steering wheel aimed right at the driver’s heart. There’ll never be another accident … and if there is, it’ll be instand death instead of horrible injuries.

Tony737 on May 14, 2010 at 12:02 PM

At least someone in MN is getting it besides those of us on here.

Mirimichi on May 14, 2010 at 12:05 PM

NoDonk, 301 is about an hour east of DC on the other side of the bridge. it’s nice and flat and straight and smooth … perfect for today’s high performance cars … hence the 55 MPH spped limit, a good way to get money for the state people’s republic of MD.

Tony737 on May 14, 2010 at 12:05 PM

A battle is raging within America that will determine our nation’s future. Today we stand at a crossroads.

Today we dance on a pivot. Nov. will determine what we are made of and if we are freedom and liverty loving people, or if we’ve become sheep on a modern day plantation. It will decide if we are no more than gnats or plakton, dictated to by elitist smarties, who claim to be “for the people” while hypocritically living like Gore, Pelosi, Obama, the Clintons, Soros, Hollywood-types, and etc.

WordsMatter on May 14, 2010 at 11:41 AM

Just for fools who are already so ignorant and inclined.

Schadenfreude on May 14, 2010 at 12:07 PM

At least someone in MN is getting it besides those of us on here.

Mirimichi on May 14, 2010 at 12:05 PM

Makes me feel better that these billboards are coming from MN. Kind of takes a bit of sting out of the words Senator Franken.

gophergirl on May 14, 2010 at 12:07 PM

The CBS logo is icing on the cake.

Fletch54 on May 14, 2010 at 11:45 AM

Ding. Ding. Winner.

faraway on May 14, 2010 at 12:07 PM

There s/b a board in support of not delaying comments on HA. It is a real irritant.

Schadenfreude on May 14, 2010 at 12:07 PM

Tony737 on May 14, 2010 at 12:05 PM

I’ve driven on 301, I forgot how far away it was. Good way to bypass Die-95.

At least you can be sure that Maryland will spend your money in meaningful and productive ways.

NoDonkey on May 14, 2010 at 12:08 PM

I sent them some suggestions.

“Arizona, doing tthe job the Feds don’t want!”

Also maybe something along the lines of Reid and Pelosi on the phone at 3 AM passing bills and then blowing the lights out on America.

Simplest one, which is everywhere now “Remember in November”

I am surprised that is not one yet.

bluemarlin on May 14, 2010 at 12:09 PM

Thanks Ed – saw the update on the location.

If it wasn’t fishing opener I’d take a trip to the outlet and see one of the billboards. Any excuse to help the economy :)

gophergirl on May 14, 2010 at 12:09 PM

Not every State. We don’t have any billboards up here… state law. But I would LOVE to see those.

upinak on May 14, 2010 at 12:10 PM

55 MPH? yeah, right. that’ll be real popular.

uncalheels on May 14, 2010 at 11:39 AM

Obama has to jack up the price of gas to $7 a gallon first, and then he can lower the speed limit to 55 in order to deal with the “national gas crisis.”

Daggett on May 14, 2010 at 12:10 PM

portlandon on May 14, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Looks a little more authentically black than the Won.

conservnut on May 14, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Freedom Boards Across America is a terrific project. They don’t accept donations.

But if you want to contribute to putting up a billboard, or pay for an entire billboard yourself, you can do it at BillboardsForAmerica.com
(http://www.billboardsforamerica.com/ )

petefrt on May 14, 2010 at 12:13 PM

If the feds re-enact the 55 MPH speed limit as has been rumored,

Oh FFS no! I already have to deal with Canadian’s from Alberta that go 65 KMH on the highway…. ugh.

upinak on May 14, 2010 at 12:13 PM

This would make a GREAT billboard (I’ve seen it on bumper stickers):

PLEASE don’t tell President Obama what comes after a TRILLION !

stenwin77 on May 14, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Bows to kings and tyrants ~*CHECK*~

dentalque on May 14, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Daggett on May 14, 2010 at 12:10 PM

55?

We’ll dream of the days of going 55 once Barry mandates that we travel only using bicycles, rickshaws and using the ol’ shoe leather express.

Thus Gaia is appeased. And it shall be good.

And stay out of the way of Barry’s, Asslrod’s and Jarrett’s limo, you bloody peasants.

NoDonkey on May 14, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Speed limit used to be 55 mph. It was a Carter thingy, wasn’t it?

stenwin77 on May 14, 2010 at 12:17 PM

I miss Carter :D

faraway on May 14, 2010 at 12:18 PM

I like these!

Cylor on May 14, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Doughboy on May 14, 2010 at 11:53 AM

Here’s Biff!

john1schn on May 14, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Those look photo shopped…I can tell because I do this kind of thing and by the pixels…

…or something.

BigWyo on May 14, 2010 at 12:28 PM

“Every state” is slightly incorrect. You won’t see these, or any other billboards, in Vermont. By law, they’ve been illegal for about forty years. And that’s about the ONLY thing Vermont has done right in that entire time.

GoldenEagle4444 on May 14, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Daggett on May 14, 2010 at 12:10 PM

No, he’ll just make everyone(well not everyone) buy GM cars after they put a governor on em so they’ll only go 55.

BigWyo on May 14, 2010 at 12:31 PM

great billboards. almost certainly raaaacist.

james23 on May 14, 2010 at 12:39 PM

The mission of Freedom Boards Across America is to expose the failure of secular progressive policies and remind Americans of the principles of freedom which have made our nation great. Our hope is that these billboards will inspire others to take-up the cause to defend America’s liberty from all threats — both foreign and domestic.

I’m sorry what was the MSM for again? Ya know Murrow, “Good Night and Good Luck”?

Bueller? Bueller?

Thank God for the internet, and of course the AWESOME BILLBOARDS.

ontherocks on May 14, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Raaaciiist. It shows Obooba as a black guy. That’s like profiling or something.

Akzed on May 14, 2010 at 11:41 AM

I don’t think it’s racist but I do confess my first thought was that billboard would be more effective as a race-neutral person shredding the constitution. Barak Obama is not the only one seeking to insitute the democrat party’s agenda to diminish America’s standing in the world, to deprive the citizenry of their individual freedom & to bankrupt this nation. Nancy P & Harry Reid & every one of their criminally corrupt cronies are just as responsible for that twisted version of hope & change as the President is. If you’re gonna pay that much for a billboard, why give the left the opportunity to try to deflect the real issue to the phony diversion of racial politics. Nail ALL of the crooked politicians in DC who are screwing us out of a great nation.

leilani on May 14, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Looks like about $3000 and up for one of those billboards. Oh, and they state that you can’t use their images for bumperstickers or another comercial enterprise, only for bilboards.

AnotherOpinion on May 14, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Hahaha only the “special upperclass” people can do that. Not us lowly serfs.

Tony737 on May 14, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Tony, I’m sure you know that “upperclass” is racist code for “uppityclass!” Wait, does that mean that because I knew that I’m racist too?? Oh I forgot, just because I woke up white this morning I’m racist.

TugboatPhil on May 14, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Those billboards are a big f*ing deal, literally. ;-)

Me likey.

itzWicks on May 14, 2010 at 12:56 PM

leilani on May 14, 2010 at 12:53 PM

I was thinking Precedent Tingle flanked by The Wise Latina and Kagan The Enabler.

ontherocks on May 14, 2010 at 1:11 PM

A national 55 mph speed limit and all Government Motors cars will be equipped with a governor that will not allow your car over 55 mph

JKotthoff on May 14, 2010 at 1:22 PM

If they lower the speed limit to 55 it will solely be to get the ticket revenue… Our government is our enemy…

CCRWM on May 14, 2010 at 1:29 PM

I would hope the western states, mine in particular, would tell the feds to eat dung and die on 55mph…I really like 75. Already takes forever to get anywhere out here where the counties are bigger than eastern states…

JIMV on May 14, 2010 at 1:32 PM

heheh. good stuff thanks ed

ted c on May 14, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Someone will have to explain to Chris Matthews that it’s Obama shredding the Constitution in the picture. Matthews forgot Obama was even black.

SoRight on May 14, 2010 at 1:41 PM

We’re not Shredding the Constitution, we’re “Improving” it.

/National Socialist Left

Chip on May 14, 2010 at 1:42 PM

conservative pilgrim on May 14, 2010 at 11:41 AM

The One doesn’t need Congress to pass Crap and Tax. The EPA just came out with a “rule” saying that any new source emitting more than 100,000 tons/year of CO2 needs special permits demonstrating “best available control technology” (BACT) against greenhouse gases. As a chemical engineer, I am very familiar with BACT for sulfur dioxide, nitrous oxides, and particulates, but highly mystified over how to control CO2 emissions.

For a power plant burning natural gas, 100,000 tons/year of CO2 corresponds to about 52 MegaWatts (MW) of energy released by combustion, and at typical efficiencies, maybe 20 or 30 MW of electricity produced. For a coal-fired plant, maybe 15 MW, which is much smaller than the average commercial power plant.

As Obama promised, “under my plan, electricity costs will skyrocket”. He kept his promise.

Steve Z on May 14, 2010 at 1:57 PM

This just in!

The freeways in Minny are clogged with stalled and abandoned vehicles!! The Highway Patrol is reporting that many of the cars appear to have been driven by Liberals, Leftists and assorted Donks who’s heads spontaneous exploded!!

Film at 11!

Bruno Strozek on May 14, 2010 at 2:06 PM

Deja vu-

di butler on May 14, 2010 at 2:15 PM

55mph speed limit?

Heck, make it zero. As long as traffic is parked in front of one of these billboards. Even a liberal would eventually figure it out, and start walking.

percysunshine on May 14, 2010 at 2:20 PM

Pay no attention to ipods, ipads……and billboards, they are just distractions.

tommer74 on May 14, 2010 at 2:20 PM

Creativity and capitalism – they go together!

IrishEyes on May 14, 2010 at 2:42 PM

Creativity and capitalism – they go together!

IrishEyes on May 14, 2010

Without creativity there would be no capitalism and without capitalism there would be no need for creativity.

SKYFOX on May 14, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Boo. “Takeover” isn’t a verb, it’s a noun!

Mark Jaquith on May 14, 2010 at 5:12 PM

We remember 55 DPS used to cruise the access road and tag you out on 35 if you were not looking at the side.
All of New England will fit into East TEXAS with room left over to park. 55 will be a suggested guideline out West. 50 cent fine and no points two can play the game.

Col.John Wm. Reed on May 14, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Boo. “Takeover” isn’t a verb, it’s a noun!

Mark Jaquith on May 14, 2010 at 5:12 PM

I know. They also wrote “loose the liberties.” I’m not even going to nitpick on the usage of “which” instead of “that.”

year_of_the_dingo on May 14, 2010 at 7:09 PM

“Had enough Hope and Change?”

Why, yes, yes I have…