Video: Chris Christie destroys reporter for calling him confrontational

posted at 9:08 pm on May 13, 2010 by Allahpundit

Via Ace. Dude, I’m starting to think this might be the guy. A solid first term, then reelection in 2014, and suddenly the wide-open 2016 primaries are right around the corner…

Elsewhere today, thanks to Christie’s support, the Jersey state senate pushed through a school voucher bill over the objections of the teachers union. Quote: “Sen. Raymond J. Lesniak, D-Union, the committee chairman, then ordered the hearing held on the Annex steps in front of hundreds of cheering private-school students who had been bused in to rally for the measure.”

Gov Christie calls S-L columnist thin-skinned for inquiring about his 'confrontational tone'

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

I’ve been trying to think who has “it” for 2012. I like Palin okay, but (donning asbestos-lined bodysuit) I just don’t see her as Presidential timber. Better than Obama, sure, but isn’t that setting the bar purty dang low?

There could still be something in there that I haven’t seen yet — some scandal, or bizarre policy position, that takes him totally off the table — but barring that stuff, this guy has “it”. He has “it”, plus more in the back room. And a warehouse-full available if needed. He wouldn’t open a CAN of whoop-a$$ on the Dems, he’d open up a stinkin’ keg of it! And not some pony-keg; I’m talking about one of those big ol’ wooden kegs the size of a VW Bug. Please, Lord (not taking God’s name in vain, this is a real prayer), let me live to see this!

How will I ever be able to wait TWO YEARS to vote for Christie in the primaries?

RegularJoe on May 14, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Honest and Refreshing. Dude. This guy makes me blush with giddy happiness. He’s my political rock star!

Sultry Beauty on May 14, 2010 at 2:25 PM

I can’t believe it! I moved out of NJ and back to MI (stupid move on my part). I’m thinking I’d like to move back to Jersey.

ZeeMI on May 14, 2010 at 10:30 AM

As Bon Jovi says YOU CAN ALWAYS GO HOME.
In NJ, no matter what you hear, we are luvin’ Chris Christie.

NJ Red on May 14, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Um, wow! I burst out laughing. Not as polished as Reagen but just a blunt. Rinse and repeat Christie. Keep ‘em coming.

Egfrow on May 14, 2010 at 2:54 PM

This guy is saying what everyone has been wanting to say to career politicians for years.

My favorite line: “I came here to govern, not to worry about re-election.”

He has a way with words also and is smart as heck. His stuff at the end was all impromptu, no teleprompter. I think he might be able to clean Obama’s clock in a debate.

“I came here to govern, not to escape. I came here to govern, not to worry about re-election. I came here to do what people sent me here to do.”

Classic oratory.

Doodad Pro on May 14, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Chris Christie once broke every law of physics, at the same time. He was let off with a warning.

fossten on May 14, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Totally F-ing awesome!

Captain Kirock on May 14, 2010 at 3:15 PM

People think “image” is the key to elections. And maybe it it is when SOLD right. Obama had (and has) the “image” thing down cold and his cronies who pushed him up the ladder to the Presidency are Karl Rove type talents. They could be hired by Procter & Gamble or some other company that relies on “branding” and make a ton of money.

What they did was genius. But the flaw was that it was all fluff. It wasn’t real and the pity is most folks knew it.

It’s old school “if it sounds too good to be true, it isn’t”. But the force and the momentum pushed him in and now even the left knows this guy is a whole lot of talk and emotionalism politic.

Christie is REAL. When he says he doesn’t care about reelection, you know it to be true. Obama could say that all day long and you know it would be a lie.

I would bet tons of moderates would vote for this guy and even the left would have to agree he pulls no punches and marvel at his straight talk. He would put MSNBC out of business since they would dump all over him, but it would ring false since we would be still stinging from the Obama reign.

And “image”?

He’s not fit and handsome?

I’m telling you…..even in this day, this saturated with image culture, IT WOULDN’T MATTER.

Opposite Day on May 14, 2010 at 3:18 PM

I am going to put a sign on my car

“Who’s Gonna Be Delaware’s Chris Christie?”

Sir Napsalot on May 14, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Speaking of mfm getting their butts kicked, where is (what happened) Gen. “Stuck On Stupid” Honore?

Sir Napsalot on May 14, 2010 at 3:47 PM

Don’t rush this guy along!!
Let him mop up NJ before we try to sling him into the WH!!! We still need him here for 2 full terms just to get the smell out of this place!

wildweasel on May 14, 2010 at 4:01 PM

Hope and Change Honest and Refreshing

Andy in Agoura Hills on May 14, 2010 at 4:55 PM

I love this guy. He’s the Anti-Crist.

David2.0 on May 13, 2010 at 10:34 PM

And the award for best one-liner on the thread goes to…..

conservativecaveman on May 14, 2010 at 5:24 PM

OMG!!! That was spectacular. Christie 2012 ?!?!

Yessir, Chris, that was refreshing!

petefrt on May 14, 2010 at 5:53 PM

The guy behind Christie deserves credit for maintaining his composure.

BHO Jonestown on May 14, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Christie’s a little confrontational, don’t you think?

Kralizec on May 14, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Rock on Christie!!!

itsspideyman on May 14, 2010 at 6:43 PM

This man’s a leader. You know where he stands, and where he’s going. Awesome.

Pazman on May 14, 2010 at 7:01 PM

Does anyone know if that “poor” reporter described the Gov. as “honest and refreshing” this morning in the paper?

stenwin77 on May 14, 2010 at 7:21 PM

As George Takei of Star Trek would say:

Ohhh myyyyy.

And keeping with that gay theme, even if I’m not…

I think I’m in love.

TiminPhx on May 14, 2010 at 7:26 PM

Wow. Just wow.

When I grew up, that was called normal.

Saltysam on May 14, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Yeeessssssss!!!! “Honest and refreshing”, indeed.

sMack on May 14, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Awesome…! Every politician should be required to see this clip, it might give them an idea of OUR expectations….!

DL13 on May 14, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Never expected to be jealous of Joisey.

churchill995 on May 13, 2010 at 9:19 PM

Wow, this guy is great. Was hoping Bob McDonnell here in VA would be like this, but he has not turned out to be such a firebreather. Go Christie!

riverrat10k on May 14, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Interesting. The Drudge Youtube link to this video has been pulled.

“This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by The Star-Ledger. ”

Wonder what possible claim the Star-Ledger has to a what appears a public press conference video?

reginaldL on May 14, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Yah but the Dem Socialists say he is fat.

malkinmania on May 15, 2010 at 6:19 AM

mikatolla (Big Government)

Regarding Gov. Christie:
This guy just guaranteed that he gets no cooperation from the legislature for four years and most likely will be gone when his time is up. Good riddance.

And, Reporters use questions like this to register their contempt for elected officials, and experienced politicians know this. Our governor friend here showed us that he let the reporter get to him. Bad form for several reasons, but it’s basically a sign of weakness. When the gov sees what he has done on youtube he will wish he could take it back… but he can’t. In fact, it will probably appear on his opponents commercial at reelection time.

Any questions?

Gov. Christie responded honestly to a reporter’s question. Twist and turn it any way you like (a sign of weakness). mikatollah, you’re not real specific with your ‘you tube’ reference. Care to enlighten the rest of us with your superior knowledge? Specifically a link to your ‘you tube’ reference?

OMG, mikatollah seems to have ‘disappeared’. Imagine that. Funny how some people want us to believe something, but then, it just disappears …

Netclimber on May 15, 2010 at 6:27 AM

Now that we can see what an outspoken conservative sounds like (since this RINO-friendly forum largely ignores the conservative Titan, Michael Savage), can we all agree once and for all that we can dispense with those sappy GWBush “miss me, yet?” signs.

No, GWB, I sure as Sam Hill do NOT miss you — or the upscale-trailer-trash-with-a-face-lift for a wife you rode into D.C. with. http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=153861

sanantonian on May 15, 2010 at 8:28 AM

Kralizec ,
No. I see nothing from from Gov. Christie but honesty and sincerety. If you feel that is confrontational, you may want to consult your feel good counseler. When you ask that person (or yourself), “Why do I feel so confrontational towards someone whose indelible allegiance belongs to their constituents?” … LISTEN CAREFULLY. Demand a CLEAR answer to your question. BE PREPARED. The answer you get may not be the answer you were looking for …

Netclimber on May 15, 2010 at 9:18 AM

Stop with the Presidential fantasies. Just let the guy bring Jersey back from the financial brink. Like Rudy, let him do what he does best and then we will talk about the future.

RobCon on May 15, 2010 at 9:53 AM

sanantonian,
You couldn’t have made yourself more clear. Welcome to our site. Do you have a question we can answer for you? Or do you have it all down … and you’re going to tell us all how it really is?

Netclimber on May 15, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Adiós, muchachos y muchachas. Véales pronto. Gov. Christie, KICK IT! We’ve got your back. You keep point. Wir dieses gemacht! Thank you.

Netclimber on May 15, 2010 at 2:11 PM

I find that I have to come back and see this video again and again…

… I think Glen Beck was right.

Seven Percent Solution on May 15, 2010 at 2:22 PM

truly, he is “honest and refreshing”. I like this guy. DD

Darvin Dowdy on May 15, 2010 at 3:37 PM

Aunold, pls take notes.

AltTuning on May 15, 2010 at 6:32 PM

‘Honest and refreshing’, an extraordinary politician for sure.

docdave on May 15, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Wow, that was fantastic. Christie/Palin?

boomer on May 15, 2010 at 11:58 PM

Well you better think again amigos. Haven’t you all learned that actions speak louder than words?

Christie Doubles 100K Workers On Staff
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has twice as many highly paid employees on his staff as Jon Corzine, according to the AP.

The AP says nearly twice as many people are making $100,000 or more in Christie’s administration than were in Corzine’s.

An analysis has found that while Christie has proposed laying off 1,300 state workers, he is spending nearly $2 million more on annual salaries than his predecessor.

Under Corzine, 17 people made $100,000 or more in 2009 compared to 34 making six figures so far under Christie — including the governor himself, who makes $175,000.

Corzine’s payroll was $7 million last year. Christie’s is $8.9 million.

Earlier this month, Christie’s office posted a list of his staff and their salaries. It does not include Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno, who also serves as the Secretary of State and makes $141,000.

njpat on May 16, 2010 at 1:44 AM

njpat on May 16, 2010 at 1:44 AM

Are you a state government worker? I’m sorry about your layoffs, any time someone loses a job its regrettable.

But I have a few unfortunate facts of life to tell you about, friend. Your state is ten billion dollars in the red. You employ many more people per state resident than most states. They are better paid than those in most states. You’ve got the highest taxes in the country. You’ve got one of the most corrupt states in the country.

Fixing New Jersey is going to be like cleaning out the
Augean Stables. The state is in deep doodoo. It takes smart, well paid people to clean up the mess. Christie may have to higher a few more talented $100,000+ salaried people before it’s all over.

chris999 on May 16, 2010 at 3:07 AM

Refreshing!

Sherman1864 on May 16, 2010 at 3:34 AM

Talk about a palate cleanser, A-f’n-men.

ac1 on May 16, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Yeah, it takes a real hard-line far right-winger conservative to discuss movies and favourtie restaurants to order pasta. (Is that you Mr. Wiener ?)

cableguy615 on May 16, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Had to rewatch this 8D

Inanemergencydial on May 16, 2010 at 9:41 PM

WOW. Where do I sign up?

Animator Girl on May 17, 2010 at 10:24 AM

Netclimber on May 15, 2010 at 9:18 AM

I’ve said elsewhere that when I “revert” and become an imam, I’ll issue my first fatwah against readers who need “sarc tags” to know which end is up.

Kralizec on September 20, 2010 at 10:56 PM

Chris Christie / Condi Rice 2012?

Shawn92101 on September 24, 2010 at 10:41 AM