Palin fires up Chicago crowd

posted at 8:51 am on May 13, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Last night, I flew down to Chicago to attend  Sarah Palin speech staged by WIND, our Salem Radio affiliate in the city.  Palin spoke for about 50 minutes to a highly enthusiastic crowd of more than 4500 conservatives, offering a range of subjects but delivering a single message: get involved.  Topics ranged from the local high-school girls basketball team that has been denied a trip to the national championships because of a boycott of Arizona to the Chicago Blackhawks — and a lot of emphasis on local corruption and the need to take action to rid the city of it.  Palin encouraged her audience to learn that reform is possible from the grassroots efforts of her own political career, starting off as a concerned mom on the school board to her crusading clean-government campaign in state offices.

Governor Palin didn’t eschew the political, either.  She talked about the need to find and support conservative candidates.  She emphasized her support of contested primaries repeatedly, telling conservatives that primaries allow candidates to “duke it out — peacefully, of course,” Palin emphasized to laughter.  But she also warned about splintering the party in the general election.  “We need to take the gavel from Harry and Nancy,” Palin told the audience, and restated it during her Q&A later in the evening.

To that end, Palin addressed the issue of her endorsement of Carly Fiorina during her speech.  Without mentioning Fiorina by name, Palin defended the California Senate candidate as “pro-life, pro-business,” and underscored Fiorina’s conservative credentials.  Activists need to back the “best conservatives we can elect,” Palin said, and said that activists have to have some pragmatism about electability.  Palin took a more veiled shot at Tom Campbell by noting that Fiorina was a better conservative choice than some of the alternatives.

She also challenged the notion of RINOs in her speech, which may also have surprised some in the audience.  While the name “Mark Kirk!” got yelled repeatedly, Palin warned about purity purges in the Republican Party, especially in this midterm cycle.  Palin admitted that RINOs exist but argued that they’re more rare than people think — and to remember that the goal is to produce conservative leadership in Congress and eventually in the White House.  That won’t happen, Palin reminded people more than once, while Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi control the agenda.

The crowd was highly receptive to the entire speech, although one could hear a little grumbling about RINOs during Palin’s argument.  It was an effective rally speech, but also a practical defense of her efforts and endorsements in this campaign season.  This speech differed from her address at the SRLC in that Palin stayed away from policy and focused on themes and encouragement.  It was entertaining enough that two of the local news stations that covered it underestimated the time Palin spoke by almost half, and the WIND audience would easily have remained for twice more.

Addendum: Before the speech, I met Governor Palin briefly in the VIP reception – to which I arrived late after a series of delays at the airport that forced me to change in the restroom into my dress clothes. The photographer took our picture as I introduced myself to her, and the Governor graciously responded, “You do good work there!”

I did take video of the entire speech, but the Internet connection in my hotel won’t support the uploads.   I’ll have it by the weekend, but C. Steven Tucker actually got a better angle and a closer shot. Visit his YouTube channel for the various chapters of the speech. Here is Part 1:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Thank you Ed for posting this article on Sarah. It does get old seeing hit piece after hit piece put up in the evenings by your other half.

I don’t know what the future has in store for Sarah, but I sure like her and admire the class she has displayed while her family was being attacked relentlessly by the thug media and Progressive political establishment. Sarah has been a true role model for young woman especially.

Keemo on May 13, 2010 at 8:57 AM

Last night, I flew down to Chicago

Were your arms tired ??

I agree with Sarah, you’re doing a good jod Ed.

Jerome Horwitz on May 13, 2010 at 8:57 AM

Once you go PALIN there is no going barak!

tim c on May 13, 2010 at 8:58 AM

She didn’t say anything about Hot Air’s “oddball?”

Mark1971 on May 13, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Once you go PALIN there is no going barak!

tim c on May 13, 2010 at 8:58 AM

Dang, that’s good! I’m stealing that line.. :-)

Keemo on May 13, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Thanks for the hypocrisy Sarah.

At least Carly loves it.

Notorious GOP on May 13, 2010 at 9:01 AM

the Governor graciously responded, “You do good work there!”

HI SARAH!!! *waves* /you think she reads the comments?

bitsy on May 13, 2010 at 9:02 AM

hagiography.

sesquipedalian on May 13, 2010 at 9:02 AM

One would think the RINOs could be a gracious to her as she is to them.

DaydreamBeliever on May 13, 2010 at 9:03 AM

The SarahCuda Army builds,uninterrupted!!

canopfor on May 13, 2010 at 9:04 AM

A pun for CAIR’s ally?

Disturb the Universe on May 13, 2010 at 9:04 AM

A girls basketball team is being denied the chance to participate in nationals because of some meaningless and stupid boycott of AZ? If bonehead liberals want to strut around harping about a boycott, that’s one thing, denying young athletes a chance to compete is another.

I would have something to say to the fools who made that decision, and you would be able to hear me three states away.

Bishop on May 13, 2010 at 9:05 AM

Hmmmm.

*laugh* Since Palin is now aligning quite closely to AllahPundit’s own position on RINOs and political pragmatism it’ll be interesting if he is more gracious to Sarah.

Me? I oppose non-conservatives regardless of party or affiliation.

memomachine on May 13, 2010 at 9:06 AM

Why are we wasting our time on her? Everyone knows Mitt Romney is the best candidate for 2012. Just look at what he said last night….errr, well there was that speech a few days ago….uh, where the hell is Mittens anyway?!

Doughboy on May 13, 2010 at 9:06 AM

HI SARAH!!! *waves* /you think she reads the comments?

bitsy on May 13, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Who says she doesn’t comment herself?

:-o

Abby Adams on May 13, 2010 at 9:06 AM

Ed, how was it meeting the HillBuzz crew?

Darksean on May 13, 2010 at 9:07 AM

Last night, I flew down to Chicago

Were your arms tired ??

Jerome Horwitz on May 13, 2010 at 8:57 AM

Where’s a rim shot when you need it?

JohnGalt23 on May 13, 2010 at 9:10 AM

hagiography.

sesquipedalian on May 13, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Yawn. I assume you favor the boycott of the tournament in AZ by the high school.

Ed, where, specifically, was the gathering held?

BuckeyeSam on May 13, 2010 at 9:10 AM

bitsy beat me to it, but . . .

**waving** Hi Governor Palin!

What she said about RINOs is pretty much what Rush was saying to a caller about them yesterday: Rarer than you might think, and he illustrated this by pointing out that no Republicans voted for the health care bill. I’m somewhere in between Rush and Sarah on one side and Glenn on the other in how I feel about this. I don’t think, like Glenn, there is NO difference between the two parties and I agree with Rush and Sarah’s pragmatism that we have to support the best conservatives we can elect. OTOH, I do think Glenn is right about how far left we’ve moved as a whole and I think the reason no Republicans voted for the POS bill is b/c they knew we were watching. For all of Bush’s first term, they were more than happy to slop at the public trough as much as their Democrat brethren. And while people might start out principled, it seems that a little time in Washington corrupts many of them. It becomes all about me and how can I save my seat. To that extent, we’re all responsible. We should be letting our representatives know that it isn’t how much pork they’re bringing home to the district that’s going to guarantee their job security.

NoLeftTurn on May 13, 2010 at 9:10 AM

HI SARAH!!! *waves* /you think she reads the comments?

Well, she obviously doesn’t read the posts.

YYZ on May 13, 2010 at 9:11 AM

Hmmmm.

Me? I oppose non-conservatives regardless of party or affiliation.

memomachine on May 13, 2010 at 9:06 AM

I think she views it the same way Rahm the Nudist did. Get a majority first and then worry about securing their votes to pass your agenda. Obviously I doubt Palin would condone buying votes ala Nelson and Landrieu, and certainly she would never support DIABLOs like Doodoo Scuzzy-fever. But if you institute a purity test for your candidates that’s so strict that it consistently leaves you in the minority, then you’ll never be able to pass any conservative legislation.

Doughboy on May 13, 2010 at 9:11 AM

She didn’t say anything about Hot Air’s “oddball?”

Mark1971 on May 13, 2010 at 9:00 AM

If Allah is reading, I’d like him to know that Rush has absolutely quoted Allahpundit’s work — approvingly and by name.

I don’t think Rush really pays attention to how many writers publish here, and I don’t think he meant to single Allah out as an oddball.

jeff_from_mpls on May 13, 2010 at 9:15 AM

Even if Palin never runs for another office, the message that Ed relays seems to be very important regardless of your stripes–but particularly so for conservatives, who by and large represent what’s great about this country.

Be vigilant; get involved. Don’t assume that liberal progressives are acting in the interest of Americans. Shed the light on these cockroaches, and chase them out of positions of influence and responsibility.

BuckeyeSam on May 13, 2010 at 9:15 AM

In Chicago.Hoo hah!

katy the mean old lady on May 13, 2010 at 9:15 AM

**JOB** D’oh ….. where’s the edit feature !! I hate when that happens ….

Jerome Horwitz on May 13, 2010 at 9:15 AM

hagiography.

sesquipedalian on May 13, 2010 at 9:02 AM

You want hagiography? Read any essay about Charles Darwin.

You and your ilk have a fetish for the man. Lots of creepy adjectives in those essays.

jeff_from_mpls on May 13, 2010 at 9:17 AM

Well, she obviously doesn’t read the posts.

YYZ on May 13, 2010 at 9:11 AM

Or zips right past yours.

katy the mean old lady on May 13, 2010 at 9:17 AM

So, give AP about 5 hours or so to bash her and put up a apologetic Obama thread right after.

B Man on May 13, 2010 at 9:18 AM

jeff_from_mpls on May 13, 2010 at 9:15 AM

Well, yes he did. But it was not an insult, and AP took it with good humor.

I mean, he could have been including CK McLeod,or MadisonConservative, but I don’t think he was.

DaydreamBeliever on May 13, 2010 at 9:20 AM

uh, where the hell is Mittens anyway?!

Doughboy on May 13, 2010 at 9:06 AM

He is trying to overcome the snifles from getting booed in UTAH at their convention when he tried to get Bennett a “sure thing” 4th term

unseen on May 13, 2010 at 9:22 AM

Wow, I hope that I’m not the only one who appreciates the irony of Sarah Palin saying this.

Vyce on May 13, 2010 at 9:25 AM

unseen on May 13, 2010 at 9:22 AM

BTW, was that booing incident caught on tape? I haven’t seen it posted anywhere.

Doughboy on May 13, 2010 at 9:25 AM

Doughboy on May 13, 2010 at 9:11 AM

It is the leadership that matters. RINO’s were not a problem for Reagan because he was a conservative. They became a problem for both Bushes because both of them were liberals on mos tissues except national defense.

as long as conservatives gain the leadership positions in Congress and the WH the GOp could be infested with RINO’s and it would not matter.

this is exaclty what the socialists did. The had many “conservative” or right of center democratic members in congress but once the socialists took over the leaderhsip positions all those people voted for the party line.

It’s the Mitch McConell’s we need to worry about no so much the jr senator form Mass or Ca at this moment. since we are a minority they matter more atm then they will if/when we gain the majority

unseen on May 13, 2010 at 9:27 AM

O/T
====
Interesting,by Drudge!

RUSSIA WARNS OBAMA ON IRAN SANCTIONS

canopfor on May 13, 2010 at 9:29 AM

Doughboy on May 13, 2010 at 9:25 AM

In the interest of national security and the “it’s his turn” GOP all records have been destoryed until after he wins the nomination. Then and only then will the MSM unleash the video of the fat cat wall streeter with close ties to the Dc establishment getting booed by his own folks.

unseen on May 13, 2010 at 9:30 AM

unseen on May 13, 2010 at 9:27 AM

I’m not a big Mitch McConnell supporter. The dude sounds more monotone than even Harry Reid. But you have to give him props for holding the GOP Senators in check when it came time to vote for Obamacare. And I’m willing to cut the guy some slack on Porkulus. Of the 3 defectors, one is now a Democrat and the other 2 are the Maine sisters.

Doughboy on May 13, 2010 at 9:30 AM

Vyce on May 13, 2010 at 9:25 AM

the only way you could think it was irony is if you had no idea about Palin’s record

unseen on May 13, 2010 at 9:31 AM

She talked about the need to find and support conservative candidates.

You know…like McCain and his lackey Fiorina.

Fletch54 on May 13, 2010 at 9:33 AM

Doughboy on May 13, 2010 at 9:30 AM

Nope no credit. He could have stopped or postponed Obamacare by many different paths. He wanted this bill passed. he wanted the dems fingerprints on it but he wanted it passed.

evidence of this is how quickly they started to downplay the “repeal” aspect of 2010 for this bill.

Mitch is doing nothing to stop any of these socialist polices. The only thing he is doing is making sure the dems are seen as passing them. He could shut the Senate down if he wanted esp now with 41 votes everythign could come to a complete stop from now until NOV except national emergencies.

He chooses to allow these bills to go through so as not seen as being the “party of no”

He is being a whimpy politician instead of a defender of america tradition.

the only think that is saving Mitch from the fury of Americians is they do not know he has the power to stop Obama in his tracks.

unseen on May 13, 2010 at 9:36 AM

You know…like McCain and his lackey Fiorina.

Fletch54 on May 13, 2010 at 9:33 AM

McCain is out of loyalty. Fiorina is more electable than DeVore.

Doughboy on May 13, 2010 at 9:36 AM

unseen on May 13, 2010 at 9:36 AM

How could he have stopped Obamacare? When the Senate passed it in December, he had 40 votes. Not enough for a filibuster. By the time MassachusettEs handed him the 41st vote with Scott Brown, Obama checkmated him by forcing the House to ram it through.

McConnell has his shortcomings, no doubt about it. But to act like he had any power to stop Obamacare from becoming law is giving him way too much credit.

Doughboy on May 13, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Fletch54 on May 13, 2010 at 9:33 AM

Like Duffy and Tim burns and doug hoffman and Rubio and Elmers among others.

If she does nothing else in her life the fact that she played a large part in getting Rep Obey out of congress would be worth more than Mitt has ever accomplished

unseen on May 13, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Or zips right past yours.

post ≠ comment

YYZ on May 13, 2010 at 9:40 AM

I just can’t understand how Sarah Palin, who simply preaches to the choir, wields such influence. Boggles my mind.

Palin admitted that RINOs exist but argued that they’re more rare than people think…

That’s good to hear. And as I’ve been saying forever, the term RINO is thrown around far too often and too easily. Also good to hear her say that these so-called “purges” of perceived RINO’s don’t help.

Let the lefty libs be elitist. We’re better than that. There’s room for compromises from every angle of the GOP.

JetBoy on May 13, 2010 at 9:40 AM

What a fiercely STRONG woman she is…
Day after day…
The love and HATE she generates is something I don’t remember seeing before on this scale, ever.

And she just keeps right on going.

I’ll give some free advice:
YOU DON’T MESS WITH SARAH

golfmann on May 13, 2010 at 9:41 AM

O/T
====
Interesting,by Drudge!

RUSSIA WARNS OBAMA ON IRAN SANCTIONS

canopfor on May 13, 2010 at 9:29 AM

More Interesting, by Drudge!

CHINESE ASTRONAUTS EAT DOG IN SPACE!

Emperor Norton on May 13, 2010 at 9:41 AM

Doughboy on May 13, 2010 at 9:39 AM

The time to pony up has arrived. If the Republican Party wishes to continue to exist they will start paying attention to their bosses – us. If they allow ObamaCare to pass – and don’t let them fool you or give sorry excuses for it is well within their power to stop it – then 1/6 of the U.S. economy will be under the control of wealth distributionists and socialists. If that happens, it is a fair question to challenge the usefulness of the Republican Party.

It doesn’t take 40 Republicans to succeed in stopping the Reid Bill; it doesn’t take 20; it only takes one Republican to object each time Harry Reid propounds a unanimous consent agreement to rush another amendment through the process.

Fortunately, under Senate rules the Democratic leadership can rush these amendments through only if they get what’s called “unanimous consent.” That means all 100 senators have to agree to rush the amendments through by consenting to a unanimous consent agreement, which severely limits debate and restricts the time available for experts to analyze the amendments. It’s the old bum’s rush.

Even ONE senator objecting would be enough to slow the rush of amendments down and give the American people at least two days of debate on each amendment. Two days is the minimum we should have to analyze amendments and to allow Senators an opportunity to comment on and debate them.

Let me say that again: It takes only one Republican to object each time Harry Reid tries to jam another amendment through the process with limited debate and little public scrutiny. With 40 Republicans in the Senate, that means even if Harry Reid kept the Senate in session 24 hours a day (as Senator Durbin threatened), each Republican Senator would have to spend no more than 36 minutes a day doing floor duty as a sentinel against the Majority Leader jamming another amendment through the Senate process under a rigged unanimous consent agreement. Last week Senator Jim DeMint did just that and waited for Republicans to back him up. When Dick Durbin threatened to keep the Senate in session 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, our so-called leaders in the Republican Party slithered away whimpering like a bunch of cry-babies and left Senator DeMint dangling over a cliff.

Christmas first, country second – a fitting label for a weak and morally corruptible party. Ask your Republican Senator, “Why are you allowing this to be done to our country?”. If ObamaCare passes the Republican Party will face an all out war from within their own ranks the likes of which they have never seen. Tea Parties will turn to state legislatures and nullification movements to take back this country and Republicans will face a wave of primary challenges beyond imagination.

unseen on May 13, 2010 at 9:43 AM

hagiography.

sesquipedalian on May 13, 2010 at 9:02 AM

It’s good to see that you’re looking into Elena Kagan’s published works … please let us know what you find.

ya2daup on May 13, 2010 at 9:45 AM

McCain is out of misplaced loyalty.

Fiorina is more electable than DeVore.

Doughboy on May 13, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Yawn. The Fiorina is more electable MYTH.

Two Faced Fiorina

Palin- just another GOP water carrier.

Fletch54 on May 13, 2010 at 9:45 AM

JetBoy on May 13, 2010 at 9:40 AM

Sure there is and how do you compromise with Lenin. and how diod that compromise stuff work out for thos eopposed to Stalin or hitler or Pol Pot?

sometimes you can compromise yourself into an early grave

unseen on May 13, 2010 at 9:46 AM

Fletch54 on May 13, 2010 at 9:45 AM

So who do you support. Who is your candidate for 2012 or person you want to lead the GOP?

Let’s see how his/her choices so far in the primary season stack up to Palin’s.

any fool like you can pick and choose what about someone’s record they don’t like. Name your candidate and let’s compare their stand sand position’s and primary choices to _Palin’s.

Unless you are just a concerned troll

unseen on May 13, 2010 at 9:49 AM

YOU DON’T MESS WITH SARAH

golfmann on May 13, 2010 at 9:41 AM

Agreed. a true warrior with a servants heart and the will of a wolverine

unseen on May 13, 2010 at 9:51 AM

unseen on May 13, 2010 at 9:46 AM

I’m talking about compromises within the party. Who in the GOP is “Stalin” or “Hitler”?

JetBoy on May 13, 2010 at 9:53 AM

So, was that a plural or singular “You?”

heh.

Oh, and was this an “activist” style speech?

cs89 on May 13, 2010 at 9:54 AM

Emperor Norton on May 13, 2010 at 9:41 AM

Hey look over there a puppy!!!!!!!!!

unseen on May 13, 2010 at 9:54 AM

As Sarah lights up yet another audience, one can hear the grumbling in the background that Palin is a hasbeen as a presidential candidate. To that I say HAH!!

docdave on May 13, 2010 at 9:58 AM

JetBoy on May 13, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Every GOper that allows the government to grow in power and influence. That allows the federal government to takeover more and more of our lives is setting the stage for the one that is like hitler and Stalin to assume the mantle of power they are creating.

It might not happen in 2 years or 10 or 30 but make no mistake the compromises that the gOP have done in the last 70 years is leading to that outcome.

unseen on May 13, 2010 at 9:59 AM

Topics ranged from the local high-school girls basketball team that has been denied a trip to the national championships because of a boycott of Arizona…

Isn’t that disgusting? Trashing the kids’ dreams for political correctness’ sake:

itsnotaboutme on May 13, 2010 at 9:59 AM

To that I say HAH!!

docdave on May 13, 2010 at 9:58 AM

I have personally never seen a hasbeen draw 4500 people in for a $60 per person speech.

Mostly hasbeens give away free pizza and draw maybe 50 people or so….

unseen on May 13, 2010 at 10:01 AM

unseen on May 13, 2010 at 9:31 AM

I think he’s trying to say she’s unelectable therefore she should be pragmatic and step aside and let someone like the oh-so-electable Huckabee or Romney or Fill-in-the-Blank run instead.

As if she wouldn’t do exactly that if she didn’t think she could win.

This is what the Palin detractors on our side still fail to understand. All of their pillow biting is for naught. If she feels called to run and feels she can win, she will do it. If she doesn’t, or doesn’t feel it’s in the best interests of the party and of her country, she won’t. That’s what distinguishes her from the rest of the field. She’s not in it for “me.” She’s in it for “us.” Too bad there aren’t more on our side just like her.

That said, I’ve always felt like she would run, I still feel that way, and to those who think she’s unelectable I would simply quote my new favorite Sarahcuda button I saw recently: “Palin 2012: Deal With It.”

(P.S. Does anyone know if there’s some fund or something we can contribute to help those girls get to that basketball tournament? It’s pretty sad that the Jimmy Carters running the school are so beholden to Dem Party interests, but I guess I am not surprised given that it’s Illinois we’re talking about.)

NoLeftTurn on May 13, 2010 at 10:01 AM

You are a funny guy! Thanks for giving me a chuckle this AM.

Vince on May 13, 2010 at 10:02 AM

No doubt it was the upgraded screening process—checking the underware of old ladies in wheelchairs, etc.

Rovin on May 13, 2010 at 10:02 AM

awww, Sarah likes Ed. heh.

WordsMatter on May 13, 2010 at 10:03 AM

Emperor Norton on May 13, 2010 at 9:41 AM

Drat! I hate it when the page loads so slowly that my quote reference gets cut off.
You are one funny guy!

Vince on May 13, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Too many RINOs left in place on Capitol Hill means no repeal of Obamacare, evah. Bank on it.

WordsMatter on May 13, 2010 at 10:05 AM

I wondered why so many conservatives dislike Palin and so I dismissed it as that male superiority and female jealousy thing, until I thought about that social conservative/fiscal conservative divide. She does support family and life, which is a problem with some fiscal conservatives. Any thoughts?

Don L on May 13, 2010 at 10:06 AM

NoLeftTurn on May 13, 2010 at 10:01 AM

It’s not a lack of funding, it’s the loony PC nuts in charge. See my link at 9:59.

itsnotaboutme on May 13, 2010 at 10:06 AM

awww, Sarah likes Ed. heh.

WordsMatter on May 13, 2010 at 10:03 AM

the fact to take away is that she KNOWS ED and his work. Not many politicians no that much about the blogsphere. I don’t if Mitt has ever really logged into Hotair. OTOH I can picture Palin checking out the headlines on hotair and free repulbic on her way to the next speech to get a feel for the topics of the day.

unseen on May 13, 2010 at 10:07 AM

O/T
====
Interesting,by Drudge!
RUSSIA WARNS OBAMA ON IRAN SANCTIONS
canopfor on May 13, 2010 at 9:29 AM

Replace Obama with Palin and one wonders what the response would be from Press Secretary Megan Kelly. Perhaps something akin to President Palin will have a statement once she has finished reloading.

Obama bows deeply to our advisaries. Palin would put a knee in their crotch.

turfmann on May 13, 2010 at 10:08 AM

itsnotaboutme on May 13, 2010 at 9:59 AM

It’s shameful, and they’ll be sorry they’ve done it now b/c now that Sarah has mentioned it, it will become national news. It is absolutely ridiculous that the left keeps peddling these insane lies about the Arizona law. Our side needs to get control of this narrative.

NoLeftTurn on May 13, 2010 at 10:10 AM

Don L on May 13, 2010 at 10:06 AM

That’s part of it.
I’m as co-con as they come, but I don’t see her ever overcoming her negatives enough to win a national election.
I know her negatives were largely handed to her by the leftists at SNL, but they’re sticking. It seems that most people either think she’s stupid or extremist or both.

itsnotaboutme on May 13, 2010 at 10:10 AM

itsnotaboutme on May 13, 2010 at 10:06 AM

I wonder what is to stop them from going anyway then? I hope the parents fight this. Or they can go rogue as Sarah suggests. ;o)

I read the comments at your link; the first one was priceless! Those on the left certainly have vivid imaginations.

NoLeftTurn on May 13, 2010 at 10:13 AM

But she didn’t go to Yale or Harvard!

In other words:

GO SARAH!

profitsbeard on May 13, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Don L on May 13, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Some of it is sexism. Some of it is Mittbots and Paulnuts thinking that if they take her down then thier “guy” will be raised up not understanding that their “guys” are fundementally flawed and will never win a national election no matter how much they tear down others they can not raised up their own.

Some of it is astroturf dem attacks.

some of it is from the statists in the gOp that see Palin has a danger to their power and influence and are afraid she will do to them what she did to those statists in AK.

she has many enemies yet she also has many friends and supporters.

Alot of this crap will go away if she wins the nomination as the Mittbots will come home. the Paulnuts might continue on until the old geezer passes away from old age. The sexism will be present for along time but its a discussion we need to have in this country. I see the sexulaization of our daughters as a dangerous thing in this society.

unseen on May 13, 2010 at 10:13 AM

More Interesting, by Drudge!

CHINESE ASTRONAUTS EAT DOG IN SPACE!

Emperor Norton on May 13, 2010 at 9:41 AM

LOL!

Inanemergencydial on May 13, 2010 at 10:17 AM

NoLeftTurn on May 13, 2010 at 10:01 AM

agreed. she is doing what any other politican is doing at this stage feeling if her support and message is there to base a national campaign on.

the double standard with Palin is breathtaking.

All other politicians are said to be “testing the waters” but with Palin she is “building a media empire” or “flim flaming the people” etc.

At this stage I doubt if Mitt will run esp after getting booed in Utah. that was a deep wound for him and the fact his candidate didn’t get passed the second round shows the people in positions of pwoer that his coattails are not that long nor that strong.

I don’t think at the end of the day Mitt will run

unseen on May 13, 2010 at 10:18 AM

Me? I oppose non-conservatives regardless of party or affiliation.

memomachine on May 13, 2010 at 9:06 AM

Yep. I will not vote for another McCain.

davidk on May 13, 2010 at 10:20 AM

itsnotaboutme on May 13, 2010 at 10:10 AM

Hmmm the stupid label goes away after the first primary debate as long as she hiolds her own with the other candidates which she will more than do based on her speeches and tv appearances

the extremist part goes away once her policies and positions are shown for what they are. Polices and positions that the majority of America agrees with.

The longer she stays around the more people give her a second look.

unseen on May 13, 2010 at 10:21 AM

itsnotaboutme on May 13, 2010 at 10:10 AM

She won’t run for prez. But she will be the VP for the GOP nominee. Watch for it.

davidk on May 13, 2010 at 10:22 AM

The IL GOP is so screwed up. Hopefully there is a conservative ascent that can displace the old guard Chicago republican machine and put some people in that that will work and fight.

Inanemergencydial on May 13, 2010 at 10:22 AM

That’s part of it.

itsnotaboutme on May 13, 2010 at 10:10 AM

Conversely, I’m not a so-con at all and I find Palin very appealing. I look at her record and I see someone who, though she’s certainly a so-con in her own life, governs pragmatically and as a fiscal con. I think anyone who takes the time to really look at her record and get to know who she is will discover those negatives are bogus, that there’s nothing extreme about her or her positions, that she’s not some chillbilly idiot. This is the job of her supporters, IMO. I have converted several people already, people who believed all the things they heard about her in the MSM and in popular culture. Now they know the truth. It will always be our jobs as conservatives to fight misinformation about our leaders b/c the left owns education, media and entertainment in this country. We have to be the ones to set the record straight b/c the traditional outlets will never do it for us.

NoLeftTurn on May 13, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Doughboy on May 13, 2010 at 9:25 AM

Allahpundit was actually in Utah that day. But his head was so far up Mitt’s butt that: 1)Allah couldn’t hear the booing and 2) Mitt thought he was having a colonostopy.

bw222 on May 13, 2010 at 10:23 AM

My problem with the “she’s got negative polling” issue is; isn’t that precisely what the left will do with precision to any and every true conservative candidate who’s not a mallable RINO?

What is necessary to win, since they own the media and the masses are so vaccous,is not joining them with a “we’re liberal too,” but in defining the issues and yes, spelling out clearly why it is crisis time in this nation and who is causing it.So say so and say why, since they will accuse and attack you anyway, unless you’re a “my friends across the isle” type.

Don L on May 13, 2010 at 10:25 AM

CUDA

Metro on May 13, 2010 at 10:30 AM

NoLeftTurn on May 13, 2010 at 10:23 AM

I am a consitutional conservative and believe that the government’s job is national defense ( peace thru strength) and I’m a strong fiscal conservaitve. As far as so-con. while being a strong one in my private life I don’t think its the government’s job to be in my bedroom etc. the only social conservatism I want to see from my ghov is punishment of actions that cause injury to others.

for instanc eI think the underage drinking laws should be lowerd to 16 or 18 but I think the driving under the influnece, pulbin drunkeness laws, public urination laws etc should be increased.

Don’t make the act unlawful simply make the bad actions of that act that SOME engage in unlawful. some goes for drugs, etc.

Let churches etc control most of the social issues

unseen on May 13, 2010 at 10:30 AM

Don L on May 13, 2010 at 10:25 AM

I think the term for what you are looking for is “a leader”

unseen on May 13, 2010 at 10:32 AM

I’m going to miss not being able to say “President Palin”.

Sarah, please….please….come back.

BobMbx on May 13, 2010 at 10:36 AM

If I may. First, your premise that Mrs. Palin “preaches to the choir” is wrong. Unless conservatives, from all walks of life, of differing professions, religions, socio-economic backgrounds and nationalities is how you define a “choir”.
Anyway, to understand Palin you need to accept a couple of things about leadership – no one can grow it in a bottle, or artificially produce it, no matter how deep a tan or how beautiful the columns. It is a naturally occurring phenomena. One either possesses leadership qualities or does not. Palin is a leader. People recognize it.

runner on May 13, 2010 at 10:37 AM

More Interesting, by Drudge!

CHINESE ASTRONAUTS EAT DOG IN SPACE!

Um, that’s a real Drudge headline, up now. Details from the link to the Daily Telegraph.

Emperor Norton on May 13, 2010 at 10:39 AM

Palin is a leader. People recognize it.

runner on May 13, 2010 at 10:37 AM

and Obama and Mitt are not

unseen on May 13, 2010 at 10:40 AM

runner on May 13, 2010 at 10:37 AM

unseen on May 13, 2010 at 10:30 AM

+100 to both of you.

NoLeftTurn on May 13, 2010 at 10:40 AM

and Obama and Mitt are not

unseen on May 13, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Obama, definitely not. Shall see about Mitt.

runner on May 13, 2010 at 10:42 AM

+100 to both of you.

NoLeftTurn on May 13, 2010 at 10:40 AM

I got +1000 once, but thanks !

runner on May 13, 2010 at 10:43 AM

Emperor Norton on May 13, 2010 at 10:39 AM

look over there a new car!!!!!!!

unseen on May 13, 2010 at 10:43 AM

Shall see about Mitt.

runner on May 13, 2010 at 10:42 AM

If Mitt had no money and started from nothing do you think he would even be being talked about?

I don’t thinn Mitt would make from rags to riches and thus I don’t think of him as a leader. he may surprise me in the coming months. but his performance in 2008 showed me no leadership skills to speak of except the ability to spend tons of money for little effect.

unseen on May 13, 2010 at 10:46 AM

Another strong speech by Palin–as usual. Doing leadership, not claiming it.

I don’t agree with her Fiorina endorsement–could not pull a lever for Carly in a primary–but that in no way detracts from the outstanding job Palin is doing vs Obama for all conservatives.

james23 on May 13, 2010 at 10:49 AM

The more she talks, the more people listen. Getting involved is the message everyone needs to take from her speeches. The more you get educated and involved, the more you can tell who the corruptocrats are. She fights and she does it with a smile. She leaves her enemies sputtering and blathering without a coherent thought. She is attracting new people every day to the ‘Cuda Army. All of the folks in DC had better watch out because we are coming and the army is unstoppable. We do not want corruption, scocialism, or what DC has become. It’s clean-up time and Sarah is inspiring the rank and file to get up off their lazy duffs and get going.

BetseyRoss on May 13, 2010 at 10:49 AM

For every positive and/or accurate blog post regarding Palin, there are about ten hit pieces from Pundon’t regarding same. I just wish the “lamestream” media was half as persistent about Baracky as hot air is about Sarah. And, yes, Pundon’t should be considered “lamestream”.

long_cat on May 13, 2010 at 10:50 AM