Obama(?) on golfing with Rush: “Limbaugh can play with himself”

posted at 4:48 pm on May 12, 2010 by Allahpundit

Oh, come now. Surely he never said this. Our Barry? Captain Civility?

Since when does The One use juvenile sexual innuendo against his opponents?

“He’s the president of the United States,” Limbaugh told Chafets. “If any president asked me to meet him, or play golf with him, I’d do it. But I promise you that will never happen. His base on the left would have a s–t-fit.”

“How about letting me ask?” Chafets said.

“Go ahead,” Limbaugh said. “Nothing will come of it.”

Chafets writes that he reached out to Obama adviser David Axelrod, “whom I know slightly,” but Axelrod didn’t return calls. Then Chafets spoke to “a very senior Democratic activist with whom I’m friendly” who said he would convey the message.

A day or two later the adviser responded, “Limbaugh can play with himself.” Chafets wouldn’t name the aide or say whether the quote was directly from Obama.

Via Breitbart, here’s the man himself accepting this rhetorical flipping o’ the bird with good cheer. Given Rahm’s reputation for off-color remarks, I’m tempted to guess that this came from him — but then, Rahm isn’t the only one in the White House known for salty comments, is he? Exit question: How much would an Obama vs. Limbaugh round of golf fetch for charity on pay-per-view? Let’s do it, baby. Let’s pay off the national debt.

Comments

Uber Classy

Inanemergencydial on May 12, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Why would Limbaugh want to golf with Obama?

cubachi on May 12, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Obligatory. ;)
So the community organizer doesn’t want to organize the community?

And to those who wonder why Obama should bother:

A> Rush, whom Obama has personally attacked, was willing to play golf with him.
B> It’s called class.
C> It would show that Obama is, truly, a man of the people.
D> A classy response would’ve been a polite refusal.

All this demonstrates is Obama is a teeny-tiny little man and that some citizens of the United States are treated better than others by El Presidente.

Skywise on May 12, 2010 at 4:53 PM

Let’s pay off the national debt.

More like pay the first installment of Obamacare as he aka the “Won”, won’t pay off anything for anyone.

upinak on May 12, 2010 at 4:53 PM

cubachi on May 12, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Rush needs help finding a new drug supplier?

Too easy!

lorien1973 on May 12, 2010 at 4:53 PM

Civil.

bitsy on May 12, 2010 at 4:53 PM

Why would Limbaugh want to golf with Obama?

cubachi on May 12, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Obama would make a great Bagger Vance.

portlandon on May 12, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Why would Rush play with Obama? To kick his arse up between his shoulder blades, that’s why :)

Just another classy response from our postpartisan President and his merry crew of Chicagoland thugs.

swmontgo on May 12, 2010 at 4:54 PM

I hope Obama attacks Rush directly some more.

Because that worked SO well last time.

fiatboomer on May 12, 2010 at 4:54 PM

My president is a foul-mouthed adolescent.

Rational Thought on May 12, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Obama would make a great Tea Bagger Vance.

portlandon on May 12, 2010 at 4:54 PM

FIFY

Fletch54 on May 12, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Obama would make a great Bagger Vance.

portlandon on May 12, 2010 at 4:54 PM

That was basically his campaign rhetoric anyway.

TheUnrepentantGeek on May 12, 2010 at 4:56 PM

Why would Limbaugh want to golf with Obama?

cubachi on May 12, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Someone to carry his balls…

repvoter on May 12, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Obama can go and with the Unicorn he rode in on.

William Amos on May 12, 2010 at 4:59 PM

If he plays golf like he throws a baseball, I hope it’s a closed course and bystanders are given helmets.

ButterflyDragon on May 12, 2010 at 5:00 PM

Ha, I’ve been saying the same thing since Obama started sparring with Limbaugh after he took office, Allah. A Rush vs. Obama debate on pay-per-view, Buckley vs. Reagan style, where they both get to bring a 2nd, would crush all previous pay-per-view records AND we’d be able to pay off China in one fell swoop…

LogicConnection on May 12, 2010 at 5:00 PM

Obama is a classless, clueless, arrogant, thin-skinned, whiny, tweener! This panty-waist is so over his head, he doesn’t know whether he’s coming or going. His staff is filled w/punks, who couldn’t direct traffic let alone a presidential administration. I am embarrassed for the US and disturbed by the level of thoughtless, incompetence that is on display everyday w/this group of social climbers now in power.

JAM on May 12, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Well…

… I can see now that the next President of the United States is going to have to live up to some pretty high standards of class.

Seven Percent Solution on May 12, 2010 at 5:02 PM

A bunch of frat boys in the White House.

Ozwitch on May 12, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Hey, if you conduct that particular game in Scottsdale, AZ then I’ll pay to actually attend it.

ScottMcC on May 12, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Naw, Obama would want to play with Tiger…it’s makes a better foursome…

right2bright on May 12, 2010 at 5:02 PM

FIFY

Fletch54 on May 12, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Bwaa haa haa!! Tea Bagger Vance.

portlandon on May 12, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Since when does The One use juvenile sexual innuendo against his opponents?

Same Captain Civility that gives his the opponents the bird and a smirk.

txsurveyor on May 12, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Obama would make a great Bagger Vance.

portlandon on May 12, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Awww, man! Now you’ve ruined it for me, and I used to love that movie! Especially when Matt Damon hits a hole in one. Best film scoring evah.

John the Libertarian on May 12, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Pasted from headlines:

About the level of class I expect from that elitist dickhole and the people he surrounds himself with. Limbaugh really is the polar opposite of Obama, isn’t he? A self-made, affable gentleman who treats both his allies and adversaries with respect, and is always willing to stop and discuss things with them without prejudice. Meanwhile, Barry can’t be bothered with a friendly game of golf with probably the figure on the right that would treat him with the most courtesy and dignity, despite the fact that he clearly doesn’t deserve it.

MadisonConservative on May 12, 2010 at 5:04 PM

I’ve seen pictures of Barry holding a golf club, I’ve not seen evidence that he can actually play.

mudskipper on May 12, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Well, it’s petty and foul, so who wouldn’t think it’s a real quote? Is this considered “alleged”?

How far away (rhetorically) is “Limbaugh can play with himself” from “Limbaugh can go F**k himself”? Basically the same thing, IMO. Classy, mister president.

Mord on May 12, 2010 at 5:04 PM

I know this could become a financial catastrophe for me, but I’d be willing to pony up $5 for every mulligan Rush catches Barry taking.

Dusty on May 12, 2010 at 5:11 PM

If you think he throws like a girl, you should see him bowl. I swear to you, he bowled a 33! Not a typo… a 33.

I saw a video of Mary Katherine Hamm seeing just how bad you would have to be to bowl a 33, and it was funny as hell.

lionheart on May 12, 2010 at 5:12 PM

I just googled a video of Captain Utopia golfing. Having now seen his swing I am almost certain I know why he refuses to play with Rush (who is said to have a 14 index).

oldfiveanddimer on May 12, 2010 at 5:13 PM

I miss the days when we didn’t have a narcissistic assclown for a President.

Emily M. on May 12, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Aw, yes, the Thug-in-Chief strikes again.

misterspork on May 12, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Screw that. How about a cage match instead. Two men enter but only one man leaves….

Guardian on May 12, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Perhaps they see Rush as a good enemy to have…they certainly give him a lot of attention…not that Rush needed the ratings boost…

DCJeff on May 12, 2010 at 5:17 PM

I’ll keep comin to ya on an airwave road
I’ll be knockin’ that odious twit Obama with a red white and blue maximum load
And when I take him apart you’ll really see something
So dont worry cause I’m Rush and I am coming

Listen up America!
Im Rush man

I got what I got the capitalist way
And I’ll take it to that phony Messiah in each and every way
So American dont you fret
Cause you’ve hardly even seen me knockin that double talking childish twit yet

Play it Snerdley baby!

Listen
I’m all wrapped up in the things America needs
I learned how to be an American almost before I could eat
I come from American heartland stock
When I kick Obama’s petulant arse things will really rock

Im Rush man
Take that you power grabbing elitist Marxist nut!
Im Rush man

I’ll grab your minds and I’ll pull you in
Give you and God’s furry creatures hope and be their and Americas best friend
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Youre a Rush man!
Im Rush man!

MB4 on May 12, 2010 at 5:17 PM

Rush lives rent free in obama’s head!

WhatsRight on May 12, 2010 at 5:17 PM

President insulting a talk show host is a “Big F***ng Deal”.

Lily on May 12, 2010 at 5:18 PM

I’m going to file this away, because I am absolutely 100% certain Obama is – one of these days – going to have a mega-meltdown on camera.

I’m talking the foot-stomping, name-calling, sullen teenager complete and total crash. The kind of thing that goes viral on YouTube. And it’s going to happen when someone asks him a question he doesn’t like or takes him to task for his childish behavior.

I wish I were kidding, but this nation’s being run by a guy who’s a hair’s breadth away from slamming the door with a huffy “That’s not fair!”

englishqueen01 on May 12, 2010 at 5:19 PM

Nobama must be spending too much time with Rahm. Vulgar.

Philly on May 12, 2010 at 5:20 PM

I like Rush’s response.

johnnyU on May 12, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Obama plays with Rahm

faraway on May 12, 2010 at 5:21 PM

have anyone seen Rush golf before? He’s as good as Charles Barkley

Doctor Zhivago on May 12, 2010 at 5:23 PM

I’d pay to see them golf together and I don’t even like Golf!!!

Lady Heather on May 12, 2010 at 5:24 PM

LOL, you want golfing? I stumbled across this classic bit from way back when TV was allowed to be funny and political correctness was just a gleam in the Left’s eyes. SCTV is on the air with the Bob Hope Desert Classic-but not from Palm Springs, try the Middle East.

Del Dolemonte on May 12, 2010 at 5:28 PM

If they played alone and their conversation was broadcast in full, I’d pay a lot.

Monica on May 12, 2010 at 5:28 PM

Rush would crush Captain Double Bogey.

jukin on May 12, 2010 at 5:29 PM

Regardless of who said it, the remark from the WH is par for the course. They’re worse than frat boys.

An aside: I don’t think that Rush has to worry about any heart problems. He gets more aerobic exercise waving his arms around than does a symphony conductor (and they have longevity for that very reason).

onlineanalyst on May 12, 2010 at 5:32 PM

Obama should do what Gordon Brown did – RESIGN! He’s disgracing the presidency and ruining our country. God forbid he get re-elected, it will surely be the death of America.

GrannySunni on May 12, 2010 at 5:43 PM

That’s just great we have 13 year old In the White House.

MCGIRV on May 12, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Well, this is the same WH that gives a set of CDs to foreign dignitaries as gifts after all.

Eren on May 12, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Rush needs help finding a new drug supplier?

Too easy!

lorien1973 on May 12, 2010 at 4:53 PM

Seems like I remember that your pres had drugs and perhaps was selling them in college. So smart of you lorien 1973!

I feel for anyone that gets hooked on pain killers when they have pain. No, I don’t belong in that group or the “won’s” group either. However, I would rather associate with someone who couldn’t help it, than someone who went after it.

Bambi on May 12, 2010 at 5:54 PM

I’d buy that for a dollar.

itzWicks on May 12, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Obama does not have the “Golf” balls to go up against Rush.

I bet Obama is called Mr. Muligan on the linx. Or mor like Judge Smails from Caddy Shack.

mechkiller_k on May 12, 2010 at 5:56 PM

My money is on Rush. Obama just doesn’t strike me as especially good at anything.

TXMomof3 on May 12, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Monica on May 12, 2010 at 5:28 PM

You and me both, girl.

TXMomof3 on May 12, 2010 at 5:59 PM

Rush vs. Obama golf??

Augusta vs. Put-put

Caststeel on May 12, 2010 at 6:02 PM

“Limbaugh can play with himself.”

What a poseur and classic example of the Peter Principle he is. . .

karra on May 12, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Oops! Maybe that should be Putt Putt, depending on the ball, of course. Rush’s that is.

Caststeel on May 12, 2010 at 6:05 PM

To which Rush responded today, by saying something like….playing with ones self is what Clinton does! Bahahahahaha!

capejasmine on May 12, 2010 at 6:07 PM

Obama would make a great Bagger Vance.
portlandon on May 12, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Check this out It’s a great read. I promise.

Buy Danish on May 12, 2010 at 6:09 PM

I’d pay to watch only if Obama was Rush’s caddy.

SouthernGent on May 12, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Bambi on May 12, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Do you not know Lorien?

That’s just his humor (and I think it’s funny, anyway).

Lighten up, play on their stereotypes, and put it back in their faces. Lord knows we might as well laugh; it’s better than crying.

notropis on May 12, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Obama plays with Rahm

faraway on May 12, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Michelle complains.

Caststeel on May 12, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Mr. President is the most uncivil COC I’ve ever experienced, and I’ve been around a while. How’s that civility workin’ out for ya?

scalleywag on May 12, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Why would Limbaugh want to golf with Obama?

cubachi on May 12, 2010 at 4:52 PM

I think I would rather have my scrotum pierced than do any sport activity with King Bee Hussein!

cableguy615 on May 12, 2010 at 6:31 PM

Slow news day? A Democrat activist is rude to Rush and we should care? I’m not going to blame Obama for something he isn’t even quoted as saying. Unlike the nutroots who believe every bad “quote” from Bush, I’m not that gullible.

Speedwagon82 on May 12, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Obama has never been accused of having any CLASS.

GarandFan on May 12, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Bambi on May 12, 2010 at 5:54 PM

I wouldn’t swear that he doesn’t have them now. He acts like it sometimes.

sloopy on May 12, 2010 at 6:44 PM

Soetoro further coarsens society. He wouldn’t release his scorecard anyway – like his birth certificate, personal history & ‘grades’. The AA POTUS is a fool.

BHO Jonestown on May 12, 2010 at 6:52 PM

This is precisely what Rush was referring to when he said <blockquote>Thank you, Lord, for my enemies.

skeedro on May 12, 2010 at 6:59 PM

What’s Jug-Ears’ handicap… besides utter stupidity, I mean?

hillbillyjim on May 12, 2010 at 6:59 PM

well, i still don’t have the secret to posting here… but you know what i meant.

skeedro on May 12, 2010 at 7:00 PM

You know, that charity angle is a good idea. With all the time Obama spends on the golf course, it would be good to put that time to use for a cause that would help a few Americans.

Perhaps Rush could suggest a round at the course and date of Obama’s choice, with Rush donating a set amount and web-set-up for the charity game.

Mutnodjmet on May 12, 2010 at 7:09 PM

So, why would an upstanding American like Rush want to golf with a common Chicago thug!

hopefloats on May 12, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Let’s pay off the national debt.

Haw haw haw – best laugh of the day :)

BJ* on May 12, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Excuse me, but I think the man can be providing more benefit to the country than spending his time golfing.

Mr. Limbaugh, I mean.

azkag on May 12, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Why would Limbaugh want to golf with Obama?

cubachi on May 12, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Because Obama is the President of the United States, and playing golf with the POTUS would be a tremendous honor.

CoffeeMan on May 12, 2010 at 9:26 PM

CoffeeMan on May 12, 2010 at 9:26 PM

That is negated when the occupant of the office is a classless ahole who is destroying every single private institution in America.

Inanemergencydial on May 12, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Rush play with that shankapotomus? I’ve seen Obamas swing, he couldn’t break 100.

jainphx on May 12, 2010 at 10:33 PM

Obama should see the big picture here, can you imagine the amount of interest there would be. I’d bet that if televised, it would be the largest audience of all time. You couldn’t pay for the PR that would come from it, but of course Barry isn’t smart enough to take advantage of it.

jainphx on May 12, 2010 at 10:42 PM

For Christ’s sake, again with the Limbaugh thing. He’s like a schoolgirl trying to cover up her infatuation by insulting her crush.

RINO in Name Only on May 12, 2010 at 10:54 PM

What’s ObiWon’s handicap (I mean, in golf)? I’m sorry but every shot I’ve seen of him on the course make him look like the industrial league just got outfitted at The Men’s Wearhouse.

I’ll bet the following:

1. He takes mulligan’s
2. He improves his lie / plays “winter rules” all year
3. He “loses count” of his strokes
4. He doesn’t putt until his ball hits the bottom of the cup
5. He lets the other guy buy drinks and hot dogs at the turn

Based on what a humorless, petulant prick he is, I would no sooner spend 4 hours on a golf course with him than four hours in a F-22 doing aerobatics.

PD Quig on May 12, 2010 at 11:55 PM

I believe the comment came from Obama.
He is devoid of class. But that is to be expected from one who thinks he is Messiah.

However, Obama is right not to play with Rush for the following reasons:

1. While I am no golfer, I understand Limbaugh is quite good at it and practices often. Obama, not so much in either department. This wouldn’t mean anything if they were going out to play and just have fun. However . . .

2. Obama’s ego would rapidly take over his mouth (it actually owns it!) and he’d attempt to cover up his bad golf game with verbal swipes at Rush both personally and politically, which would lead to . . .

3. Rush just slashing this mental midget up with well placed one-liners and logic all the while putting that little ball in the little hole and showing what a stupid, classless socialist Obama is (as are they all).

So instead of ignoring it and have it be a nonstarter; he opens his mouth and accomplishes point 3 above all by himself, again, and ups Rush’s ratings.

However, I understand TOTUS has a wicked putt!

Bubba Redneck on May 13, 2010 at 1:23 AM

Sure sounds like something a thug from Chicago would say….(and a foreigner, too boot!)

olesparkie on May 13, 2010 at 6:49 AM

A day or two later the adviser responded, “Limbaugh can play with himself.”

If it did come from Obama, it would not be surprising. Barruh has always been a bit of a jerk…off.

john1schn on May 13, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Rush would crush the Won. It could never be on tv as the liar in chief might cry. Notice how the media never reports on his ability or scores. If Barry was any good it would be all over pg1.

Kissmygrits on May 13, 2010 at 9:11 AM

JAM on May 12, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Hey, you took my post! That is exactly what I was going to say. Thanks for saving me the typing.

pannw on May 13, 2010 at 9:27 AM

I don’t think Rush could handle the boredom; He’s have to get drunk to let Obambi win!

Cybergeezer on May 13, 2010 at 9:45 AM

I think they should play 18 holes. For every stroke Limbaugh wins by Obama has to cut $1 trillion in spending.

Heh, spellchecker knows Limbaugh’s but not obama’s name.

Inanemergencydial on May 13, 2010 at 4:01 PM