Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the Week?

posted at 9:36 am on May 9, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Happy Mother’s Day to all our readers, and what better way to celebrate than picking the mother of all OOTDs this week?  Careful about all picking the same one, though, because at some point I think an entry has made enough votes.  The other entries might start griping about vilification, start reading other polls, or … start vilifying other entries.  Of course, that would require that it actually read the other entries first.

Previous 2010 “winners”:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Tough choices this week. All of ‘em show us what a petty, narcissistic, thin-skinned, divisive, incompetent, etc., CIC we have. Went with the “in your face” one, and my second would be his posit on how the tea partiers came about where he uses the vulgar word for people I consider patriots.

TeeDee on May 9, 2010 at 1:41 PM

What was the Obamateurism of the Week?

That’s easy, the Jackass is still in office.

Next question.

Old Hippie Vet on May 9, 2010 at 1:56 PM

I have to say his comments, on the Arizona law, are worse than his socialistic comments at the beginning. Let’s face it, the whole country is coming around to the fact that Obama is a socialist, his statement about people having enough money just clarifies what most people already think. However, is misstatement about the Arizona law is just another example of the Democrats having a talking point from the bottom to the top and he’s following it. He was editor of the Harvard Law Review and has no clue what the legislation says.

When George Bush became President, everyone was clamouring to find is grade transcripts, where are those same people now, when Obamas are still hidden. I don’t believe you could be a top student, and editor of the Harvard Law Review, and not be acquainted with a law you don’t agree with. How on earth can you disagree with a law you haven’t read and don’t understand?

bflat879 on May 9, 2010 at 1:59 PM

I do think, at a certain point, that he has made enough government.

ted c on May 9, 2010 at 1:59 PM

I do think, at a certain point, that the claims that foks make about this guy being smart, are entirely not based in facts.

ted c on May 9, 2010 at 2:00 PM

How about ALL OF THE ABOVE!

ohiobabe on May 9, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Any of the above are worthy of the prize, but the “made enough money” quote reveals the most about who he is and what his fundamental beliefs are.

SWLiP on May 9, 2010 at 2:03 PM

I do think, at a certain point, that he has made enough government.

ted c on May 9, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Awesome LOL That deserves to be on a tshirt or bumper sticker..

kathleen on May 9, 2010 at 2:37 PM

So many Obamateurisms to choose from, so little time!

MCGIRV on May 9, 2010 at 2:48 PM

I went with the “singling out people because of who they look like” thing, because that is the central theme of this sucker’s administration and his entire life for that matter.

MJBrutus on May 9, 2010 at 2:52 PM

Had to go with the “tea bagger” remark. The too much wealth thing was good, but sounds a lot like what he had already said to Joe Wurzelbacher.

Dr. ZhivBlago on May 9, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Dumbo is at it again; Trying to make college graduates look and sound as dumb, ill informed, and as incompetent as he is when it comes to video games and current technology in general.
Article here.

Cybergeezer on May 9, 2010 at 3:27 PM

I had a hard time choosing this week.

Had to go with selection A, though.

Brass on May 9, 2010 at 3:27 PM

And to think that I used to believe that the checks and balances were such that America could accomodate Bozo the Clown (BC) as POTUS.

That America gets the govt they deserve when they vote for BCs, yet suffer no serious permanent harm. But I didn’t account for the trifecta of BC occupying the Oval Office and backed by a majority of BC-ites in both houses and a SCOTUS 50% on his side (the swing votes that is). And that’s not counting all the political appointments to back up BC.

AH_C on May 9, 2010 at 12:50 PM

Our constitutional system of checks and balances would work perfectly if we had a national media that would do it’s job instead of covering up and slanting all the corruption and hypocrisy from this administration.

PatMac on May 9, 2010 at 3:51 PM

Though his comment about “making enough money” was my first choice; I just had to go with “criticizing how people dress”.
He said this, while standing beside “that dress”? Her taste is clothes never ceases to hurt my eyes.

FoxyLady on May 9, 2010 at 12:46 PM

HillBuzz.org has posted all sorts of hilarious pics of MO and her taste in clothes compared to other things, such as Hefty trash bags. If you need a good laugh, go:

Same dress. From HillBuzz.org: Who’s Dressed Better? The First Lady, DeeDee Rainbow, or a Melted Box of Crayons?

GrannyDee on May 9, 2010 at 4:10 PM

We’re out of money, and the Emperor has no clothes. And under other dynamics Brian Williams would have refused to even leave his home that morning. What he didn’t say outright was the person tied directly to both declarations: President Barack Obama.

Obama is bankrupting the nation, and he is a lightweight on the global level, all talk and no walk. But heck, he gives Ed enough Obamateurisms to make them a daily amusement factor in otherwise depressing news articles.

KendraWilder on May 9, 2010 at 4:39 PM

One thing you’re not going to hear Obama ever say:

I mean, I do think at a certain point the government has supported you long enough.

Paul-Cincy on May 9, 2010 at 4:48 PM

WTH was the Democrat party thinking when they pushed (the fights by super delegates, fights in MI and FL, & PUMA), Obama during the 2008 primary?!; he was a half-term senator who voted ‘present’. And. It. Shows.

TN Mom on May 9, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Another all of the above. But how much is too much?

You must have learned math at the same place that Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama did.
Ed Morrissey on May 9, 2010 at 11:06 AM

Maybe SeniorD is confusing you with another site because your daily output is impressive.

conservative pilgrim on May 9, 2010 at 5:05 PM

At this point I think I have heard enough, paid enough, been lied to enough and Pinnochio has been President long enough!

Forever I will Remember in November to never trust another Democrat although I rarely ever did. There are no Bluedogs, no moderates, no conservatives there are only lock step marching socialists.

Vote the bums out and impeach the lyin Pinnochio!

dhunter on May 9, 2010 at 5:07 PM

I went with “you’ve made enough money.” Dear Liar fundamentally does not understand economics. It isn’t wealth accumulation, it is wealth creation.

rbj – Off the re-education camp with you! You will learn to love your Dear Leader Comrade Obama if it costs you every cent you have ever earned.

Philly on May 9, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Come On Ed. It had to be A. That is who he is. A Marxist.

antisocial on May 9, 2010 at 6:06 PM

I do think, at a certain point, that he has made enough government.

ted c on May 9, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Good one!

Trochilus on May 9, 2010 at 7:19 PM

This was one of the toughest weeks ever. What a line up.

I’m still thinking it over, staggered that this is our President, now, in these times.

Urban Infidel on May 9, 2010 at 7:44 PM

test

CCRWM on May 9, 2010 at 7:54 PM

That’s weird couldn’t post for hours…thought I got banned!

Just wanted to say that I had a hard time picking!

CCRWM on May 9, 2010 at 7:56 PM

This guy REALLY makes me miss “W”…

Khun Joe on May 9, 2010 at 9:11 PM

This is one of those things that probably shouldn’t be said, but I’ll say it anyway. After the 2004 election I was telling friends that the Democrats were going to nominate a black man for Vice-President and it would be either Harold Ford or Barack Obama. I believe the only reason that didn’t happen was the weak field of candidates and the Hilary factor. I’m sure the Clintons had plans that, once they secured the nomination, they would ask Obama to be the vice-president, then the black community wouldn’t be screaming about Democrats only appointing black people to HHS, while the Republicans make them Secretary of State.

What happened was good tactics, by Obama, and a terrible campaign by the Clinton machine, got Obama rolling. Once that happened and the press decided they would “do no harm” the result was written in stone.

bflat879 on May 9, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Postmodernism on display in Michell’s dress.

papa_giorgio on May 9, 2010 at 9:19 PM

“I mean, I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money.”
-Obama

“Pi$$ off you coke-smoking commie!”
-Bubba Redneck

Bubba Redneck on May 10, 2010 at 6:45 AM

ted c on May 9, 2010

“The soft bigotry of low expectations.”

SKYFOX on May 10, 2010 at 8:12 AM