Oh my: Palin endorses … Carly Fiorina; Update: Palin responds to critics

posted at 4:37 pm on May 6, 2010 by Allahpundit

It’ll be fun watching commenters freak out about this.

Carly is the Commonsense Conservative that California needs and our country could sure use in these trying times. Most importantly, she’s running for the right reasons. She has an understanding that is sorely lacking in D.C. She’s not a career politician. She’s a businesswoman who has run a major corporation. She knows how to really incentivize job creation. Her fiscal conservatism is rooted in real life experience. She knows that when government grows, the private sector shrinks under the burden of debt and deficits. We can trust Carly to do the right thing for America’s economy and to make the principled decisions she has throughout her professional career.

Please consider that Carly is the conservative who has the potential to beat California’s liberal senator, Barbara Boxer, in November. I’m a huge proponent of contested primaries, so I’m glad to see the contest in California’s GOP, but I support Carly as she fights through a tough primary against a liberal member of the GOP who seems to bear almost no difference to Boxer, one of the most leftwing members of the Senate. Carly needs our support in this crucial election year when we have a real chance of putting an end to the Pelosi/Reid “Big Government” agenda…

California is still Reagan Country, and Carly promises her “Reagan Conservative” values will be put to good use for her state and for our great nation. Shaking it up in California is long overdue. Let’s help Carly do it!

Yeah, Chuck DeVore’s the “true conservative” blogosphere favorite but he’s also hovering at 13.6 percent at last check in the poll of polls. Sarahcuda likely took a hard look at the numbers, figured her endorsement wouldn’t be enough of a bump to salvage him (especially in a blue state that’s likely to have more than its fair share of RINOs), and decided to stick with someone who has a better chance to win. Besides, as Ambinder points out, Fiorina has deep pockets and now owes her a big favor, which will come in handy if Palin decides to run in 2012 or 2016. And don’t forget that Fiorina was a campaign advisor to McCain two years ago. If there’s one thing we’ve learned about Palin this year, it’s that she’s loyal to a fault.

I think we need to poll this one to measure the heart-ache. Below the poll you’ll find the latest Democratic attack ad; fans of Carly’s freaky triple deaky “demon sheep” spot won’t be disappointed. Exit question: Won’t the Palin endorsement be a liability for Fiorina in the general election in a state as leftist as California?

Update: Uh oh. A grassroots revolt on Palin’s Facebook page?

Update: An update to her Facebook post. Good enough?

I’d like to add a few things about my Carly endorsement because some reaction right out of the chute calls for more information:

Carly has been endorsed by the National Right to Life, the California Pro-Life Council, and the Susan B. Anthony List. She is pro-life, pro-traditional marriage, pro-military, and pro-strict border security and against amnesty. She is against Obamacare and will vote to repeal it and prevent the government takeover of private companies and industries. Carly is also a strong supporter of the Second Amendment. Like me, she is a member of the NRA, has a 100% NRA rating, and she and her husband are gun owners. She is pro-energy development and believes as I do in an all-of-the-above approach to energy independence. She is against cap and tax. And most importantly, Carly is the only conservative in the race who can beat Barbara Boxer. That’s no RINO. That’s a winner.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Glad you find it so hilarious.

Dan Pet on May 6, 2010 at 6:58 PM

Here’s unprincipled:

Mitt Romney-”I longed in many respects to actually be in Vietnam and be representing our country there”

bw222 on May 6, 2010 at 7:00 PM

upinak on May 6, 2010 at 6:57 PM

We all thought that Locke was dead so can’t blame Palin for that…. I was one of the first people to point out that locke looked more badass from the start…. something was wrong!!!

TimeTraveler on May 6, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Gotta love it. People saying Arnold won in California NOT because he was a Republican but because he was Arnold. LOL. Do any of you know anything about California politics.

Let’s start at the beginning of the 1900s shall we?:

Ronald Reagan 1967-1975 Republican
Edmund Gerald “Jerry” Brown, Jr. 1975-1983 *Democratic*
George Deukmejian 1983-1991 Republican
Pete Wilson 1991-1999 Republican
Joseph Graham “Gray” Davis 1999-2003 Democratic
Arnold Schwarzenegger 2003-present Republican

I don’t know when and how the media brainwashed all you folks that Republicans can’t get a vote in California. That’s the problem. Californian’s like local pols to butter their bread and national pols to keep them honest. That’s just the way things have worked. It’s a fluke when a Democrat gets the nod on the national or executive level. Californians will use propositions to keep their state legislature is line and will even recall a Democrat, yet they still vote to have the bread buttered. That’s just California politics. *sheesh*

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 7:01 PM

The internet is not going to help in making Ron Paul sound less nutty.

terryannonline on May 6, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Priceless!

misterpeasea on May 6, 2010 at 7:03 PM

TimeTraveler on May 6, 2010 at 7:00 PM

the mystery of the island continues

upinak on May 6, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Glad you find it so hilarious.

Dan Pet on May 6, 2010 at 6:58 PM

Bro, you just don’t realize your tirades are only proving that the ‘nistas are so enthralled by Saint Sarah you go apes**t over any bit of criticism of her. When I said “no bad press” for Sarah, I meant from her core support. You will never, ever criticize her for anything, nor accept any criticism of her without losing it and calling her detractors “trolls”. Just like the O-bots did for their Blessed Barack.

You’re a classic textbook ‘nista.

JetBoy on May 6, 2010 at 7:03 PM

OMGZ Sarah PALIN will be the next JACOB !!!!

TimeTraveler on May 6, 2010 at 6:49 PM

*faints*

JetBoy on May 6, 2010 at 7:05 PM

More people know Ron Paul than who knew Obama in 2005. The next 2 1/2+ years are going to be huge. They’ll never see it coming!

All that means is that more people now know that Ron Paul and his loony cultists are whack jobs. Dr. Paul (as the Paulbots love to say) has about as much chnance of being nominated as Palin does – which is to say, zilch.

You-Eh-Vee on May 6, 2010 at 7:05 PM

JetBoy on May 6, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Looking at the polls and the conservative endorsements I don’t see how Palin “aka Jacob” went wrong in picking her candidate.

TimeTraveler on May 6, 2010 at 7:05 PM

JETBOY, FLAME, and SULTRY are reciting all the tired OLD lines about Palin. Her power is just killing all you trolls, isn’t it??

Dan Pet on May 6, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Jetboy is no troll; he’s an occasionally inflamatory poster, and you can disagree with him on an issue if you want, but he doesn’t fit the troll profile at all.

Flickeringdarksideofwishyouwerehere, on the other hand, is nothing but a troll.

massrighty on May 6, 2010 at 7:06 PM

Dan Pet on May 6, 2010 at 6:56 PM

If you know anything about me, which you don’t, you’d know that I have supported Sarah up to now. I’m not anti-Sarah Palin dude, I’m anti-Sarah Palin’s endorsement of Carly.

GO CHUCK DEVORE. I suppose since Michelle Malkin supports Chuck DeVore she’s anti-Sarah Palin as well. I’m sorry. I have a right to air my disagreement about someone from Alaska endorse a California Senate candidate that I, as a resident of California, oppose. Deal with it!

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Palin makes some strong points for supporting Carly. If Fiorina sticks to those beliefs, then I wouldn’t have a problem with her being a Senator. However, if she’s like McCain, she’ll compromise with the Dems. I don’t trust her. We need Senators with guts who will work hard to repeal Obamacare. I think she’d compromise on that issue.

WordsMatter on May 6, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Update: An update to her Facebook post. Good enough?

Good enough for me, and I am to the right of Attilla the Hun.

Norwegian on May 6, 2010 at 7:11 PM

That’s just California politics. *sheesh*

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 7:01 PM

You’re ignoring the demographic trend over the past couple of decades: a huge increase in the hispanic population that mostly votes Dem. You can’t use historical data from the turn of the century.

WordsMatter on May 6, 2010 at 7:12 PM

This is the same kind of crap Gingrich spewed when he endorsed Scuzzyfuzzy.

Carly Fiorina is not running against Barbara Boxer, or any other pro-abortion candidate right now.

If you think Chuck Devore is “unelectable,” or whatever, fine. Just say that. We could debate your political predictions ’till the cows come home.

But out-and-out slander against a conservative Republican candidate is something that’s just a little bit harder to justify.

logis on May 6, 2010 at 7:12 PM

You’re a classic textbook ‘nista.

JetBoy

And you are the textbook “anti-palin” republican who won’t give the woman any credit at all for taking the fight to Obama and use every opportunity to slam her. EVERYTHING she says is down the line conservatism. I mean…you don’t have to vote for the woman….but you won’t concede that she has guts and tows the conservative line unlike anyone else right now???

Dan Pet on May 6, 2010 at 7:13 PM

JetBoy on May 6, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Wow. Can I say that I’m sorry for any “anti-Sarah” comments I sent your way. I see what it’s like.

Here these guys are talking about tired troll comments and Andrew Breitbart supports the candidate I support, not the one Sarah Palin supports. I guess Andrew’s anti-Sarah Palin as well. Could it be…maybe just maybe, Sarah Palin’s endorsement sucks? Nawwww. Michelle Malkin, Andrew Breitbart, Melanie Morgan, Tom McClintock, Mark Levin and I are just anti-Sarah Palin hacks. That’s it. Got it?

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 7:13 PM

That’s it. Got it?

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Stop.

Most of us who like Sarah don’t attack just for the heck of it. As you know we are tired of the lies.

upinak on May 6, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 7:08 PM

I am not saying that …you can have your disagreement…but is Michele Malkin from California?? Or Mark Levin?? Michele Malkin isn’t Anti Palin…they disagree on a candidate. Just like you and Palin disagree. That is MY POINT. Slamming the woman the way your are for an endorsement you disagree with is off the charts crazy.

Dan Pet on May 6, 2010 at 7:17 PM

upinak on May 6, 2010 at 7:16 PM

YES……Thanks Upinak….My point exactly.

Dan Pet on May 6, 2010 at 7:18 PM

I am guessing, I dont know this, but I am guessing that Tom McClintock is not a fan of Half-Term. He is as true and as full of integrity and intelligence as any conservative I know. The only vote in my life that I regret is voting for Ahnold instead of McClintock in the governor race. I voted for Ahnold cuz I thought McClintock wouldnt win even thought I knew he was smarter and more conservative. Voting for ahnold is worse than voting for Boxer because he ruins the brand name.

In California, follow Tom McClintock for political views….not the Half Term.

FlickeringFlame on May 6, 2010 at 7:21 PM

Chuck DeWho? Come on people. If you want any kind of chance of beating the terrible Barbara Boxer, then you got to get behind Carly.

SoulGlo on May 6, 2010 at 7:22 PM

For those of you who want Chuck DeVore to win, here is a good way to help out.

On Saturday May 8th, thousands of DeVore supporters are going to come together to “Get Out the Vote”. We are going to be organizing phone banks through which we can work to raise awareness about Chuck DeVore and the importance of getting out and voting in June’s election. This is a vital part of the election and we need your help!

To make it convenient Chuck has designed an online phone banking system. This system will provide you with all necessary information to make a “Get Out the Vote” call, such as contact information, call scripts to help you know what to say, and information you can share if they have questions.

Please sign up to participate in this monumental and record breaking call day by going to: chuckdevore.com/eleader and signign up (or if you are an eLeader then just simply sign in). After accessing the eLeader program click ‘get started’ to start making phone calls.

Or you can just do a money bomb on May 8th and donate to Chuck’s campaign.

Conservative Samizdat on May 6, 2010 at 7:23 PM

Update: An update to her Facebook post. Good enough?

Good enough for me, and I am to the right of Attilla the Hun.

Norwegian on May 6, 2010 at 7:11 PM

heh. well howdy neighbor!

Amadeus on May 6, 2010 at 7:24 PM

Carly Fiorina is to the right of Scott Brown.
Just saying.

Amadeus on May 6, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Anything to unseat Barbara Boxer.

PERIOD.

Good (if not pleasant) call by Palin.

Lockstein13 on May 6, 2010 at 7:30 PM

I posted about 20 pro-Chuck DeVore comments on her post.

Interesting to find that Fiorina is now somehow on the record as supporting a repeal of ObamaCare, that wasn’t the case about a month ago. And She also wouldn’t say whether she supported AB 32 or not. She also didn’t say what she thinks we should do with illegal aliens and said republicans had “racial overtones” in the immigration debate. Now Palin supports her and suddenly she’s taking a hard conservative stance on all these issues? Sorry Fiorina, you’ll get my vote if you make it through the primary, but in the primary I’m voting for the guy with this record, and the person who doesn’t throw gender around to make points.

NTWR on May 6, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Dan Pet on May 6, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Where am I slamming her? I’m saying that I don’t agree. What did I say specifically other than disliking her endorsement? I don’t understand her reasoning. The only thing you Pro-Sarah Palin guys can offer me is that she’s doing it because she’s splitting the vote. Going for the “maybe” less Conservative candidate who has a “better” chance to win. That’s not what she’s set her meme to be. She’s suppose to be anti-establishment pro-Tea Party Solid Conservative candidates. Then she supports McCain and now Carly. That doesn’t make sense to me. Why don’t you offer better reasoning? I read here that Republicans can’t win in California, then I offered the list of Governor’s of this great state since the beginning of the 20th century. That meme doesn’t jive either. So, I will continue to call Sarah out for this ridiculous endorsement.

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 7:33 PM

NTWR on May 6, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Now, now NTWR. Lets not be cynical. I believe that we can trust what Carley says every bit as much as we could trust Arnold Schwarzenners word.

FlickeringFlame on May 6, 2010 at 7:33 PM

NTWR on May 6, 2010 at 7:31 PM

This.

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 7:34 PM

THIS.

Most of you have no idea how Barbara Boxer keeps winning reelection. First and foremost, she plays the gender card to the hilt. Her greatest fear has always been a strong female Republican opponent. Trust me, even this year Boxer would beat Chuck DeVore like a rented mule.

If you really want to get rid of Barbara Boxer you must support Fiorina.

rockmom on May 6, 2010 at 7:39 PM

When there were rumblings about Condi Rice running for Senate against Babs, the D’s started screaming about putting together a big file about her to ward her off. It died. Rice always intended to stay in the White House.

victor82 on May 6, 2010 at 7:44 PM

William F. Buckley said that he always voted for the most conservative electable candidate. I totally agree. I’ve lived in Los Angeles since 1986 and I think Palin is right. I would prefer DeVore, but I don’t think he’s electable. We must get rid of Boxer.

mydh12 on May 6, 2010 at 7:46 PM

While I’m at it, why don’t you look at the breakdown of how Californians vote on issues? Like Prop 8: Gay Marriage, Prop 7: Renewable energy, or Prop 10: Alternative fuel? A lot of the reason why California seems so Democratic is due to re-districting. Honestly, when it comes to core issues, Californians are not really Leftist at all.

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Decades ago in California we nominated right-wing Max Rafferty and ended up with super-liberal Allan Cranston being elected. Cranston served the left for many years. We don’t want to repeat that.
I will go with Sarah’s recommendation.

GaltBlvnAtty on May 6, 2010 at 7:49 PM

Any Californian living in this state at this current moment cannot possibly believe, driving down your streets filled with foreclosure or for sale signs, and list of friends without a job who have been that way for months that Barbara Boxer, one of the most Leftist Senators out there and one who advocates strongly for cap n’ trade will win against either Campbell, Fiorina, or DeVore. So, going with the safe bet in this climate is cutting off your nose despite your face. You may NEVER have another opportunity like this again. This will be your wasted moment.

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 7:52 PM

NTWR on May 6, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Exactly.

Principles or pragmatism, Palinistas?

(Apologies for the alliteration overkill.)

Bee on May 6, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Interesting stuff from DeVore’s camp.
Fiorina’s reaction to a Palin question in ’09.
And here’s a 25 second recap of what she thought of Palin in the ’08 campaign.
From Joshua Trevino:

These two anecdotes are useful reminders in assessing the actual state of relations between Carly Fiorina and Sarah Palin. It would be fascinating to see them in casual conversation now.

Here’s how the Fiorina campaign spins this endorsement: from their own press release, a “sign of the groundswell of conservative support building behind her campaign.” But — it’s not. It’s actually a sign of two very specific things:

1) First, the doubling-down of the McCain ’08 team, including the Senator himself, on Fiorina’s candidacy.
2) Second, the Fiorina campaign’s (accurate) assessment that Chuck DeVore poses an unexpectedly potent threat to her in this final month of the primary.

That’s what the Palin endorsement is all about — and that’s why the conservative base, as Peter Hamby at CNN rightly notes, is in revolt over it.

There’s no doubt that the Fiorina campaign, led by consultants almost wholly ignorant of — and in some cases hostile to — the modern conservative movement, actually does believe that Sarah Palin de facto “delivers” conservatives to her camp. This is a huge misreading of that movement that starkly illustrates just how divorced Carly Fiorina is from the men and women who animate it. Despite running as a self-proclaimed conservative, her approach to conservatism is that of an old-style anthropologist in a strange land: she joins the alien culture, and seeks to identify with it by appropriating its totems.

Well. That’s not how it works. This grassroots movement is actually a grassroots movement. Carly Fiorina thinks she can find the sheepdog to corral the sheep. Chuck DeVore knows they’re not sheep at all. They’re Americans. And they’ll make their own decisions.

All the best, Joshua Treviño

Note: Since this endorsement was announced, there has been an enormous amount of support in favor of Chuck posted on Sarah Palin’s FB page and the story has made national news as clearly grassroots conservatives are not happy.

Sarah Palin has had to update her post several times too, unfortunately has done it with fictitious information in support of her endorsement.

I’d like some details on the fictitious information but I think it’s just all the things Palin says Fiorina supports that people like me who have an eagle-eye on this race have not seen until just now, like the repeal of Obamacare, border control, against amnesty, and against cap and trade. Notice there is still nothing on the record about her supporting repeal of AB32, California’s insane cap and trade scheme.

NTWR on May 6, 2010 at 7:56 PM

It will be funny when, in the end, Sarah is right again.

I saw the two of them at the Reagan Library on the Hannity show. Many were turned off at how Devore turned the show suddenly from a Babs bash fest into an attack ad on Carly who was sitting right there and did not jump ugly on him in her comments.
I don’t think he was very smooth about that.
Sarah is probably right about him not winning enough independents to knock off Babs.

I don’t think he’s a bad guy, but he seems a little out of his league at times. People who aren’t following this stuff every day pick up on these subtle things when they do tune in and make a decision.

I suppose we will have yet another fascinating thing to follow up on election night here @ HotAir.

Brian1972 on May 6, 2010 at 7:59 PM

splink on May 6, 2010 at 7:56 PM

Because I’m not a guy. I’m a 41 year old, single mother of two boys who resides in Murrieta, CA. Who are you?

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 8:00 PM

FlickeringFlame on May 6, 2010 at 7:21 PM

I mean no disrespect, but Tom McClintock’s schtick about the “Gold-Medallion All-Electric Home” and the need to bring it back AT ALL COSTS got really old right around 2006, when he was in the middle of his 5th election campaign in 6 years.

If Mr. Gold-Medallion All-Electric Home is peeved that Half-Term gets more buzz in just 21 months than he could ever hope to get, well, tough.

BradSchwartze on May 6, 2010 at 8:01 PM

I’m not anti-Sarah Palin dude, I’m anti-Sarah Palin’s endorsement of Carly.

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 7:08 PM

See, THIS I think is a mature answer. Extraordinary how some American citizens can disagree with one another and NOT hate the owner of the opposing view. It’s the darnedest thing.

I prefer Chuck, but as I’m not in Cali, it doesn’t really matter. I assume Sarah made a pragmatic judgment call about who can beat Boxer. If she turns out to be right and Carly sticks to her guns, Sarah will look like a genius. If she turns out to be wrong and Carly either loses or goes all RINO-y after the election, then notsomuch. Either way, we won’t know for a while.

And here’s another idea: perhaps instead of wasting energy attacking Sarah if you disagree with her pick, you should find a way to help DeVore’s campaign?

Geez. I disagree with Erick Ericson’s picks sometimes, too, but I don’t immediately assume he’s an idiot.

Animator Girl on May 6, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Brian1972 on May 6, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Yeah. I bet. But I bet your also really ticked off at Fiorina’s ad that basically called Tom Campbell a Demonic Sheep, right?

You attack, you get attacked. That’s how politics works. She doesn’t get to have tha Lazio/Clinton treatment because she’s a chick. This is the Democratic Party. Republican women are supposed to be strong, like Michelle Malkin, Jerri Thompson, Ann Coulter, or Laura Ingraham. If you can’t handle the heat, you better get out of the race.

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 8:04 PM

Why does she capitalize Commonsense Conservative? Sounds like her undergrad marketing and communications classes seeping through

ernesto on May 6, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 7:01 PM

You don’t need to tell me that CA elects GOP governors in the same way this year’s electorate might elect a GOP House: as a check & balance on the worst the Dems can do.

So don’t get any big ideas about passing Big Ideas should the GOP win the House on Nov. 2.

BradSchwartze on May 6, 2010 at 8:05 PM

splink on May 6, 2010 at 8:04 PM

You’re welcome. If you’d have clicked on my moniker, you’d have gotten that verified for you including a nice shot of my mug off the coast of San Diego, CA. Just saying.

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 8:07 PM

BradSchwartze on May 6, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Your only problem with that statement is that things are worse than they’ve been in a long while of historical events. Californians don’t like high taxes, no matter who the vote into place. Californians aren’t for Socialism no matter how Leftist people claim this state to be. People really are more of a “Live and Let Live” society here. Passing Big Ideas by the GOP would be like REPEAL, REPEAL, REPEAL. I assure you that most Californians will be all for that.

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Since I’m presuming Josh Trevino made this statement, I have one thing to say to him, especially since he presumes to speak for the grassroots: Where are you going to go?

BradSchwartze on May 6, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 8:04 PM

She is a cancer survivor, and very nice. It was really bad optics for him how that Hannity show went, and it was all his doing. She spent all her time bashing Boxer. He seemed too eager to attack her, and just came off badly, even to my mom who said something about it when we saw it over dinner.

If he can rally in this primary and beat Carly, more power to him, but I don’t think that’s likely.
We will soon find out for sure.

Brian1972 on May 6, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Exactly.

Principles or pragmatism, Palinistas?

(Apologies for the alliteration overkill.)

Bee on May 6, 2010 at 7:52 PM

you know.. this gets really old.

I said i was watching from the sidelines… I really don’t care about what the other palin supports say or do. But I always say I am tired of the lies. I do jump on people when they bring up the stupid crap over and over and over and call them out on it.

Just FYI…

Allah, I actually giggled at you for saying this. I am not going to give you crap.

I am just watching from the sidelines.

upinak on May 6, 2010 at 5:06 PM

don’t assume.

upinak on May 6, 2010 at 8:15 PM

splink on May 6, 2010 at 8:10 PM

I’ll take that as a compliment. And “hey” to your wife!

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 8:17 PM

yawn

jnelchef on May 6, 2010 at 8:17 PM

I had issues with Palin’s support of McCain, but this move by Palin is brilliant. She endorsed the right person given the situation, turning a looming loss for conservatives into a potential big win. And good timing.

csThor on May 6, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Brian1972 on May 6, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Yes, merely a month away. And like others have said, if you agree with me, the only way to counter a Palin endorsement is to get out and campaign for DeVore. And my the best candidate win. GO CHUCK GO!

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 8:19 PM

keep the change on May 6, 2010 at 8:21 PM

GO CHUCK GO!

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Fair enough. If he loses and Carly wins, you have another choice under different circumstances.

I want to call Senator Boxer nothing but m’am next year.

Brian1972 on May 6, 2010 at 8:22 PM

“She’s suppose to be anti-establishment pro-Tea Party Solid Conservative candidates.”
Sultry Beauty

Really? You obviously have a very one-dimensional view of Palin, and one that seems to want to marginalize as a cheerleader or a right wing nut or something. She isn’t any of that. Grow up. And what else can you tell us about how she should be in your imaginary world.

csThor on May 6, 2010 at 8:25 PM

At least THIS prediction was spot-on…that little by little, by 2012 it’s gonna be “Sarah who?”

JetBoy on May 6, 2010 at 6:28 PM

I’m so certain you’re wrong about this, as you are wrong about most things, that I’m willing to go out on a limb about it.

If you’re right, I will…eat some food.

Kensington on May 6, 2010 at 8:27 PM

She.
Can.
Do.
Wrong.

OK, it’s luv.

Gimme a break.

Bruno Strozek on May 6, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Exactly.

Principles or pragmatism, Palinistas?

(Apologies for the alliteration overkill.)

Bee on May 6, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Personally, this endorsement of Fiorina isn’t that big of a deal. If some of you folks want to go all out for Chuck DeVore in spite of the endorsement, cool by me.

But I hope that you realize that the entire political world is hoping that good, principled folks like you will “stick to your principles” and turn a cold shoulder to the biggest political talent conservatism and the GOP have had in at least 30 years. The history books are going to have a LOT of fun with folks like you if you make that decision.

BradSchwartze on May 6, 2010 at 8:30 PM

“Bit by bit, Palin is revealing herself as a RINO. The irony is those who love her most are those who think they have, in her, some hardcore conservative candidate for president. The reality is they have neither. She is not right-wing, and certainly not going to be a presidential candidate.

keep the change on May 6, 2010 at 8:21 PM”

You obviously don’t know anything about why people and especially conservatives support Palin, and that is why your conclusion is incorrect as well.

csThor on May 6, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Everybody got bored with this pretty quick, didn’t they?

Ah, well. It’s weird, I still agree most with Sultry Beauty, who seems to be able to disagree with Sarah and support Chuck without getting all OMG SARAH’S SO STUPID AND SHE BROKE MY CONSERVATIVE HEART! As I said before, SB, I think you’re being mature about this.

I like Sarah, even now. Doesn’t mean I think she’s flawless. WHY IS THIS NOT OKAY with so many of you out there???

Slightly related: Herman Cain 2012!

Animator Girl on May 6, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Maybe Half-Term is really a Campbell fan. Seriously, since Half-Term is so disliked by the majority of Californias, maybe she is trying to sabatoge RINO Carley.

Naaaaaaah, that would take planning, IQ, etc.

FlickeringFlame on May 6, 2010 at 8:35 PM

For all you Palin fans, I have watched Sarah Palin a lot, and I think she is trying to win over the Republican Establishment because she thinks (probably true)that you can’t win the Republican nomination in 2012 with the Establishment backing you. How is that for sticking to your principles?

I will stick to Mike Huckabee who doesn’t change his principles and show’s himself to be a true leader.

VFT on May 6, 2010 at 8:39 PM

Know what’s fun? Watching the same people who for months have been spouting off that Palin is the one true-blue rock-ribbed conservative (blah blah blah ad nauseum) now twist themselves into pretzels trying to explain how this is an absolutely BRILLIANT tactical move.

JA on May 6, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Sorry, I meant you can’t win the Republican nomination in 2012 WITHOUT the Establishment backing you. Romney knows that…he IS the Republican Establishment candidate right now!

VFT on May 6, 2010 at 8:41 PM

Romney is the candidate for the Establishment. Just think the Republicans could NOT even bring up Obamacare because it is so similar to Romneycare. The Establishment doesn’t care, they want the man who is rich and they can lead around by the nose. If Romney is the nominee, we WILL have 4 more years of Obama, period!!

VFT on May 6, 2010 at 8:43 PM

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 7:08 PM

What she said.

KickandSwimMom on May 6, 2010 at 8:45 PM

VFT on May 6, 2010 at 8:39 PM

GOOD FOR YOU!!! THATS THE SPIRIT!!!

Huck is sticking to his principles which consist of letting out people for accepting Jaysus so they can go kill more people, taxing the hell out of his his constituents, and spending a career on the anti-Mormon lecture circuit….oh yeah, also lying about having his fat stomach stapled and then mocking an intelligent person for removing the skin off of fried chicken before eating it so he wouldnt have to get his stomach stapled like Schmuckabee did.

FlickeringFlame on May 6, 2010 at 8:50 PM

FlickeringFlame on May 6, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Are you always an insufferable a$$ about everything, or is it just your Palinrage that makes you so unpleasant to be around?

On second thought, I don’t really care, so never mind.

Brian1972 on May 6, 2010 at 8:50 PM

Very good update by Palin. I did not know all that info about Carly.

NebCon on May 6, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 8:07 PM

Nice. So, how you doin?

lowandslow on May 6, 2010 at 8:53 PM

FlickeringFlame on May 6, 2010 at 8:50 PM

Somebody doesn’t like proper discourse.

BradSchwartze on May 6, 2010 at 9:01 PM

Edmund Gerald “Pat” Brown, Sr. 1959-1967 *Democratic*

Ronald Reagan 1967-1975 Republican

Edmund Gerald “Jerry” Brown, Jr. 1975-1983 *Democratic*

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 7:01 PM

Father and Son Con Men.

Del Dolemonte on May 6, 2010 at 9:01 PM

Someone or other once said, “There are three things that tell a man: His eyes, the friends he keeps and his favorite quotes”.

Presumably this would also apply to a woman. Palin does have nice eyes. She doesn’t seem to be picking her friends very wisely. I don’t think she quotes much.

MB4 on May 6, 2010 at 9:03 PM

Breaking..New Hampshire bus standoff just ended after 9 hours.

Final passenger on the bus just came out. Won’t get into the racial angle except to say he definitely didn’t appear to be Caucasian.

Del Dolemonte on May 6, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Update: An update to her Facebook post. Good enough?

Good enough for me, and I am to the right of Attilla the Hun.

Norwegian on May 6, 2010 at 7:11 PM

Concur

Inanemergencydial on May 6, 2010 at 9:06 PM

DeVore should do the right thing by conservatives and withdraw. He’s purely a spoiler. DK why anybody is continuing to support him.

csThor on May 6, 2010 at 9:07 PM

VFT on May 6, 2010 at 8:39 PM

Oh, he has changed his “principles” all right. Illegal immigration comes right to mind.

MB4 on May 6, 2010 at 9:07 PM

I admire sarahcuda but shes so wrong on this one.

upinak there are only two canidates hurley and jack asjacobs replacement.

Kevin43 on May 6, 2010 at 9:11 PM

BradSchwartze on May 6, 2010 at 8:01 PM

Please stop referring to President Obama as “Half Term.” It’s disrepectful.

massrighty on May 6, 2010 at 9:11 PM

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

madmonkphotog on May 6, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Sarah Palin: Stuck on Stupid.

Dilophos on May 6, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Well … I am the biggest “Palinista” on these boards.

This endorsement leaves me kinda … “meh”.

I mean – I know who Fiorina is. Not so much DeVore. I’m not a Californian – I would just like to see Boxer bite the dust here (can I use that metaphor without being accused of calling for violence?).

Anyway … I’m clueless on a call for this one. Fiorina kind of impresses me as a “phoney” who doesn’t always think before she speaks. I don’t know much about DeVore.

Maybe Sarah made a bad call here – even so, I don’t think it’s enough to drive me into the “luvin’ arms” of ROMNEYCARE!

LOL

HondaV65 on May 6, 2010 at 9:45 PM

The big question is how strong will she support the primary winner even if it is not Carly.

If those who do not support the Republican winner as much as they should after the primary just because their man/woman did not win what is the use.

Just like those who did not support the GOP winner in 2008 as strong as they should have after the primary we would have Vice President Palin.

tjexcite on May 6, 2010 at 9:46 PM

I think we’ll take “Barbie”

MadisonConservative on May 6, 2010 at 4:46 PM

You can take Barbie and Ken (Romney) all you want…it’s the easiest path to losing and being an embarassment in 2012.

The Dean on May 6, 2010 at 4:48 PM

But this will be Ron Paul’s year, right?

tom on May 6, 2010 at 9:55 PM

Once this Republican primary is over, if Carly wins, then the RNC needs to counter all the lies and half-truths in that ad. Taking her “campy” ad and sticking it back at her will work in CA, and Babs will get a boost from it. Actually, given that the ad attacks ALL the Repubs, the RNC needs to counter the ad NOW with a clever, artsy, and effective ad to set the record straight about who Barbara Boxer is, what she’s done to Californians, and why the Republicans are the best choice. Especially with the economy in CA.

DINORight on May 6, 2010 at 10:03 PM

Principles or pragmatism, Palinistas?

(Apologies for the alliteration overkill.)

Bee on May 6, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Why not both? You have to pick your battles. A hard-core conservative is simply not going to win a senatorial race in California. If this were Texas, I think this would be a fair criticism to make but it’s not.

Palin knows what she’s doing. Her instincts thus far have proved impeccable. This sort of black and white view of things is what got us Obama in the White House. I was never all the fond of McCain, but I voted for him anyway. He was better than the alternative. I can scarcely think of any Republican who wouldn’t be better than Obama in 2012. I think the goal ought to be to win on balance. Trying to claim ALL the marbles is a losing strategy IMO.

NoLeftTurn on May 6, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Trying to claim ALL the marbles is a losing strategy IMO.

NoLeftTurn on May 6, 2010 at 10:04 PM

I second that emotion.

Remember Massachusetts! Send m’am packing to the lobby firms!

Brian1972 on May 6, 2010 at 10:08 PM