Oh my: Palin endorses … Carly Fiorina; Update: Palin responds to critics

posted at 4:37 pm on May 6, 2010 by Allahpundit

It’ll be fun watching commenters freak out about this.

Carly is the Commonsense Conservative that California needs and our country could sure use in these trying times. Most importantly, she’s running for the right reasons. She has an understanding that is sorely lacking in D.C. She’s not a career politician. She’s a businesswoman who has run a major corporation. She knows how to really incentivize job creation. Her fiscal conservatism is rooted in real life experience. She knows that when government grows, the private sector shrinks under the burden of debt and deficits. We can trust Carly to do the right thing for America’s economy and to make the principled decisions she has throughout her professional career.

Please consider that Carly is the conservative who has the potential to beat California’s liberal senator, Barbara Boxer, in November. I’m a huge proponent of contested primaries, so I’m glad to see the contest in California’s GOP, but I support Carly as she fights through a tough primary against a liberal member of the GOP who seems to bear almost no difference to Boxer, one of the most leftwing members of the Senate. Carly needs our support in this crucial election year when we have a real chance of putting an end to the Pelosi/Reid “Big Government” agenda…

California is still Reagan Country, and Carly promises her “Reagan Conservative” values will be put to good use for her state and for our great nation. Shaking it up in California is long overdue. Let’s help Carly do it!

Yeah, Chuck DeVore’s the “true conservative” blogosphere favorite but he’s also hovering at 13.6 percent at last check in the poll of polls. Sarahcuda likely took a hard look at the numbers, figured her endorsement wouldn’t be enough of a bump to salvage him (especially in a blue state that’s likely to have more than its fair share of RINOs), and decided to stick with someone who has a better chance to win. Besides, as Ambinder points out, Fiorina has deep pockets and now owes her a big favor, which will come in handy if Palin decides to run in 2012 or 2016. And don’t forget that Fiorina was a campaign advisor to McCain two years ago. If there’s one thing we’ve learned about Palin this year, it’s that she’s loyal to a fault.

I think we need to poll this one to measure the heart-ache. Below the poll you’ll find the latest Democratic attack ad; fans of Carly’s freaky triple deaky “demon sheep” spot won’t be disappointed. Exit question: Won’t the Palin endorsement be a liability for Fiorina in the general election in a state as leftist as California?

Update: Uh oh. A grassroots revolt on Palin’s Facebook page?

Update: An update to her Facebook post. Good enough?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There’s actually conservatives living in the People’s Republic of California?

‘Raises hand from Orange County’
The more I watch and observe what Palin does, the more impressed I am with her political instincts and talents.

Shiloh65 on May 6, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Good enough?

Yep.

Bonus super-awesome bold prediction: Sarah Palin will carry CA in the 2012 general election!

Mr. Wednesday Night on May 6, 2010 at 5:40 PM

And based on some of your logic about Fiorina being able to win… Please know what you’re talking about:

RCP Average 3/8 – 4/12–45.0 Boxer 41.3 Fiorina
Boxer +3.7

RCP Average 3/8 – 4/12–44.0 Boxer 43.0 Campbell
Boxer +1.0

RCP Average 3/8 – 4/12–45.5 Boxer 39.8 DeVore
Boxer +5.7

If any of you know California politics, Campbell endorses DeVore. ENOUGH SAID.

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 5:41 PM

as a fellow stoner (you’ve gotta be one), I have to say that you have officially smoked yourself retarded

Doctor Zhivago on May 6, 2010 at 5:39 PM

He’s not a stoner. Well, he might be. He’s primarily an anti-Semitic isolationist who thinks Israel is a terrorist nation, that Iran is just being picked on, and that Hitler “did some bad things probably”.

MadisonConservative on May 6, 2010 at 5:41 PM

LOL! Most people don’t even know who Ron Paul is….how do expect him to beat Obama? You’re hilarious.

terryannonline on May 6, 2010 at 5:39 PM

More people know Ron Paul than who knew Obama in 2005. The next 2 1/2+ years are going to be huge. They’ll never see it coming!

The Dean on May 6, 2010 at 5:42 PM

I’m sorry I meant Tom McClintock not Campbell. Huckabee endorses DeVore as well.

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 5:43 PM

The next 2 1/2+ years are going to be huge. They’ll never see it coming!

The Dean on May 6, 2010 at 5:42 PM

They’ll never see it arriving, either.

MadisonConservative on May 6, 2010 at 5:44 PM

MadisonConservative on May 6, 2010 at 5:41 PM

I know that, I’ve been on here long enough to know his crap but you can’t be as dumb as him without being on something

Doctor Zhivago on May 6, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Now mind you. Those are numbers where you have 3 viable Republican candidates. You think that Chuck DeVore’s numbers are going to go south if he gets the nod. You guys really have no idea how bad things are in California do you?

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 5:45 PM

Politics is hard to understand sometimes and makes for strange bedfellows. You often have to take the best you can get especially to get rid of someone like Boxer. She is dealing with a liberal blue state in CA.

Kissmygrits on May 6, 2010 at 5:45 PM

pro-strict border security and against amnesty.

Didn’t Palin say the same thing about McCain?

Pardon my skepticism.

MadisonConservative on May 6, 2010 at 5:45 PM

MadisonConservative on May 6, 2010 at 5:41 PM

No, I’m just a conservative Republican trying to fix the party however I can. It’s more than insults and labels.

The Dean on May 6, 2010 at 5:45 PM

That’s a pretty good update from the Gov. I hope she’s right

WisRich on May 6, 2010 at 5:45 PM

I’m not a big Fiorina fan, but this is California we’re talking about. DeVore doesn’t have a prayer. Every time Palin endorses someone(Paul, Perry, Duffy, Emmer), it seems to work out.

And yes, I’m aware she endorsed Doug Hoffman and he went on to narrowly lose, but that was an unusual case where the local GOP leaders picked such a bad candidate that she ended up dropping out of the race and endorsing the Democrat. It’s a borderline miracle he came as close as he did.

Doughboy on May 6, 2010 at 5:46 PM

The Dean on May 6, 2010 at 5:45 PM

so… how did you cut off your nose? The spite from your face is glowing!

upinak on May 6, 2010 at 5:46 PM

The Dean on May 6, 2010 at 5:42 PM

It’s going to be like some kind of political weather front. A veritable storm, if you will.

A storm front, even.

Kensington on May 6, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Chuck D is one of the few politicians invited to speak at the event which will star ex-Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and Joe the Plumber. “

And Tea Party protesters endorse DeVore as well.

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 5:47 PM

The Dean on May 6, 2010 at 5:45 PM

Oh…you mean like “neocon”?

MadisonConservative on May 6, 2010 at 5:47 PM

The Dean on May 6, 2010 at 5:45 PM

back to the corner for you

Doctor Zhivago on May 6, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Kensington on May 6, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Heh.

Abby Adams on May 6, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Palin just laid a smackdown on all your candy-4sses with that update.

Narutoboy on May 6, 2010 at 5:37 PM

You Bet Ya…

spen52 on May 6, 2010 at 5:40 PM

God I love THAT woman. she doesn’t retreat she counterattacks. Fear this womanall you socialist dogs she will destroy you

unseen on May 6, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Oh…you mean like “neocon”?

MadisonConservative on May 6, 2010 at 5:47 PM

haha. Dude’s a total neo-con

Doctor Zhivago on May 6, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Oh…you mean like “neocon”?

MadisonConservative on May 6, 2010 at 5:47 PM

haha. Dude’s a total neo-con

Doctor Zhivago on May 6, 2010 at 5:48 PM

neo-lib

upinak on May 6, 2010 at 5:49 PM

Perfection does not exist in politics. Waiting around for it is not going to advance conservative politics.

thevastlane on May 6, 2010 at 5:50 PM

neo-lib

upinak on May 6, 2010 at 5:49 PM

neo-douche?

Doctor Zhivago on May 6, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Oh…you mean like “neocon”?

MadisonConservative on May 6, 2010 at 5:47 PM

It’s more than just neocons vs. traditional conservatives.

The Dean on May 6, 2010 at 5:51 PM

thevastlane on May 6, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Be quite you RINO! TRU-CONSERVATIVE OR BUST!

Doctor Zhivago on May 6, 2010 at 5:51 PM

It’s more than just neocons vs. traditional conservatives.

The Dean on May 6, 2010 at 5:51 PM

It seems to be more than anything that unravels your twisted little fantasy where the president believes in The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, you creep.

MadisonConservative on May 6, 2010 at 5:52 PM

“…complete with an unnamed dis to Fiorina rival Tom Campbell as “a liberal member of the GOP who seems to bear almost no difference to Boxer…”

This is how Sarah’s endorsement reads in SFGate articles. So, Sarah is “dis”-ing Campbell, the guy who leads in polling against Boxer. I guess Sarah knows her California politics and is doing great things in support of the Republican Party in California. I can see this having wonderful affects for years to come. Brilliant.

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Will Allahpundit please stop using that photo of Sarah!

Crux Australis on May 6, 2010 at 5:52 PM

The former Hewlett Packard CEO dinged members of her party in an interview with Politico, saying that “there has been a very unfortunate racist tone that has emerged” on border issues in some corners of the GOP.

Fiorina said she supports Arizona’s controversial new immigration law — but also seemed to suggest that some members of her party had adopted a “racist tone” in related debates.

No. This is NOT what I need for a Senator of my state. I do not need a Republican who will agree with the meme that Conservatives are racist for wanting to enforce laws against illegal aliens. I just won’t vote for it. Not in the least.

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 5:56 PM

The Dean on May 6, 2010 at 5:42 PM

LOL. Yeah, for Paul the next 2 1/2 years will be hugh, and series.

Problem is that many of those people only know about Ron Paul because of his Troofer beliefs.

FYI…here in NH, the only place I saw Ron Paul yard signs in 2008 were in the truly tiny hick redneck towns. Wasn’t aware that you were one of them!

Del Dolemonte on May 6, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Will Allahpundit please stop using that photo of Sarah!

Crux Australis on May 6, 2010 at 5:52 PM

I know. It’s really weird and goofy; that’s why he probably uses it. There are lots of better one’s than that.

Narutoboy on May 6, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Update: Governor Palin has added the following update to her post.

“I’d like to add a few things about my Carly endorsement because some reaction right out of the chute calls for more information:

Carly has been endorsed by the National Right to Life, the California Pro-Life Council, and the Susan B. Anthony List. She is pro-life, pro-traditional marriage, pro-military, and pro-strict border security and against amnesty. She is against Obamacare and will vote to repeal it and prevent the government takeover of private companies and industries. Carly is also a strong supporter of the Second Amendment. Like me, she is a member of the NRA, has a 100% NRA rating, and she and her husband are gun owners. She is pro-energy development and believes as I do in an all-of-the-above approach to energy independence. She is against cap and tax. And most importantly, Carly is the only conservative in the race who can beat Barbara Boxer. That’s no RINO. That’s a winner.”

SheetAnchor on May 6, 2010 at 5:58 PM

The Dean on May 6, 2010 at 5:45 PM

You must sleep well, you lie easy.

Del Dolemonte on May 6, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Late to this discussion, but I’ll just echo those who voted “Eh, she knows what she’s doing.” Fiorina wouldn’t be my choice either, but I think Palin is just being pragmatic here. It’s tempting to tilt at windmills but that won’t help us in the second half of Dr. Utopia’s term. This may be a case of Reagan’s 80% Rule: In other words, if Fiorina can be trusted to vote the right way at least 80% of the time — a la Scott Brown — then it’s still better than having Boxer and her reliably liberal votes back for another six years. This is a rare opportunity to take back a seat in one of the bluest states in the country. If Fiorina presents the best potential for doing so, I understand why Cuda would endorse her.

What’s more surprising than Palin’s endorsement is the fact that Fiorina sought it out in the first place. That’s a pretty gutsy move in a state where moderates vastly outnumber true conservatives. That alone is actually pretty impressive.

NoLeftTurn on May 6, 2010 at 5:59 PM

Hunter comes to mind. I guess you forgot him.

upinak on May 6, 2010 at 5:36 PM

JonPrichard on May 6, 2010 at 5:28 PM was talking specifically about statewide races and he was 100% correct in that context. Congressman Hunter did not run in a statewide race he ran in one district. Some districts are repub enough for a conservative to win but in statewide elections like for Gov or Sen pure conservatives cannot win in CA anymore, that is the sad fact but it must be dealt with by electing repubs that can win in CA statewide elections, while they may not be the pure conservatives we would like to see, at least they are a vote for Senate Majority Leader and most moderate repubs stillvote with conservatives 75% to 90% of the time due to party loyalty.

People, grow up and realize that that there are some places where conservatives simply cannot get elected and as I have said in places like that the RINO is better than any dem.

Brown James on May 6, 2010 at 5:59 PM

SP is collecting chits.

exdeadhead on May 6, 2010 at 6:02 PM

The endorsement puzzled me initially, but Palin’s addendum helped.

I also kind of like the idea that Palin is watching how the endorsement played on Conservative blogs, and that she took the “RINO” by the horns immediately. I’m conservative and I support Palin, but I hate like heck being taken for granted by the GOP. This update tells me that Palin does not take her conservative support for granted. That is a good thing, for her and us.

james23 on May 6, 2010 at 6:02 PM

The Dean on May 6, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Ron Paul needs to go back to them nursing home. He’s senile and needs to get back on his meds.

Seriously, he’s a total moron who should be put out to pasture, not elevated to moron in chief.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on May 6, 2010 at 6:03 PM

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on May 6, 2010 at 6:03 PM

but I want a dynamic duo ticket of Paul and Nader

Doctor Zhivago on May 6, 2010 at 6:05 PM

The next 2 1/2+ years are going to be huge. They’ll never see it coming!

The Dean on May 6, 2010 at 5:42 PM
They’ll never see it arriving, either.

MadisonConservative on May 6, 2010 at 5:44 PM

LOL!

And it’s over the outfield fence!

profitsbeard on May 6, 2010 at 6:05 PM

Look, Palin came to the conclusion most other observant people did: Chuck DeVore can’t beat Hitler, much less Babs.

She made the rational choice and endorsed the Pub who can win the race. Campbell won’t win, unfortunately, but at least Carly has a better shot.

Nice of her to update and give a better rationale.

victor82 on May 6, 2010 at 6:06 PM

The Dean on May 6, 2010 at 5:42 PM

You and yours are in great part responsible for an Obama in the first place. You deserve him, were we not all to suffer so under him. Keep wishing for more.

Schadenfreude on May 6, 2010 at 6:07 PM

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA A HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!

I cant vote in the poll because there isnt an option for “Palin doesnt have the foggiest idea what she is talking about.”

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

I live in Orange County, California and I have been watching the senate race and the govenor race. I got news for you, Carley is a horrible candidate and would make a horrible senator. There is a REAL conservative in the race, but what does Palin know?

O boy…Carleyfornia…sounds like the way our ghastly governor mispronounces the state.

I think Palin may have endorsed Carley so that there is a republican politican even possibly dumber than her. Well, thats a stretch…nobody can be as vapid as Palin.

I hear Carley’s adds non-stop on the radio here. She CONSTANTLY talks about how she ran big corporations like HP. What she sorta fails to mention, is that she ruined the company, cost shareholders millions of dollars and was fired for being an imcompetent ceo.

I dear….this makes my day…I always told you folks how lacking in understanding and judgement Miss Half-term, Africa-Is-A-Country Palin is.

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FlickeringFlame on May 6, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Brown James on May 6, 2010 at 5:59 PM

Fine… Ronald Reagan. *snort*

upinak on May 6, 2010 at 6:10 PM

Per Chuck: “The big debate tonight, we’ve had 3 so far — this will be the first with Fiorina actually in the same room. Looking forward to it. It will
be broadcast on Sunday morning.”

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 6:13 PM

I thought Palin only endorsed McCain the Rino cuz she was being ‘loyal’. So much for that nonsense.

Palin endorsed open borders McCain and RINO Carley. I prefer conservatives….and I REALLY prefer intelligent conservatives. I always knew Palin wasnt intelligent…now we know she isnt even a principled conservative.

Hey Sarah, how is that bridge to nowhere that you lied about opposing going??? HA HA HA HA HA

FlickeringFlame on May 6, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Africa-Is-A-Country Palin is.

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FlickeringFlame on May 6, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Long been debunked, moron. Lemme guess, you still believe Sarah Palin actually called Obama a Sambo. You gullible simpleton you.

Narutoboy on May 6, 2010 at 6:13 PM

THIRD NAVY SEAL FOUND NOT GUILTY!!!

HornetSting on May 6, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Africa-Is-A-Country Palin is.

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FlickeringFlame on May 6, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Long been debunked. Lemme guess, you still believe Sarah Palin called Obama a s.a.m.b.o, don’t you? You gullible simpleton you. The hate doesn’t look good on you, by the way.

Narutoboy on May 6, 2010 at 6:15 PM

But folks in Alaska or New York or anywhere else need to mind their own business. I have to live with all your sucky choices. I’m tired of it.

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Actually a Senator does affect eveyone, not just the state they come from so maybe it is our business. You have to “live with” those that only operate within CA borders.

Fiorina won’t win. I won’t vote for her. If she goes to the general, I not vote for any Senator. I’d rather have a Democrat Senator back in the minority and controllable than a uncontrollable non-Conservative Republican. Fiorina=Whitman.

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 5:23 PM

Are you going to stomp your feet like a 5 year old throwing a temper tantrum and refuse to make a choice in the voters booth?

She’s not required to endorse anyone. And like I said, reap what you sow. I will use the same logic if and when she opts to try her hand at a political career again.

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 5:35 PM

And you are not required to agree with HER endorsement.

katiejane on May 6, 2010 at 6:15 PM

FlickeringFlame on May 6, 2010 at 6:13 PM

wow… pretty dense. The “bridge to Nowhere” was actually two bridges. Do you know anything about either? Or are you like soapstone?

upinak on May 6, 2010 at 6:16 PM

To: FlickeringFlame

Who was the last true conservative Repub to win a statewid election? Please enlighten us with your brilliance.

Brown James on May 6, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Sarah can endorse who she wants. She was wrong about McCain but gosh darnit she’s the only one on the GOP stage to show some cajones against the Destroyer in the White House.

The important thing is turn out the Dems now and pistol whip the RINOs later.

PappyD61 on May 6, 2010 at 6:19 PM

Flaming A-Hole -

Aren’t you a Mittwit? Mittwits = RINOs

bw222 on May 6, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Watch the video at the end. See how Fiorina LIES? Look familiar? How is it Conservative to work on a pilot program that would help government collect taxes for internet use?

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 6:22 PM

The important thing is turn out the Dems now and pistol whip the RINOs later.

PappyD61 on May 6, 2010 at 6:19 PM

Well said

Brown James on May 6, 2010 at 6:22 PM

To: FlickeringFlame

Brown James on May 6, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Well, actually Ahnold. Yes, he fooled everybody in thinking he was a true fiscal conservative. Conservatives can win in California….ESPECIALLY THIS GO AROUND.

If Scott Brown can win Ted Kennedy’s seat, then a CONSERVATIVE CAN WIN IN CALIFORNIA THIS TIME AROUND. But, if the party is going to run air-heads pretending to be conservatives and fooling people who dont even know what conservatism is, we cant win.

HEY SARAH, HERE IS AN IDEA…. STAY OUT OF CALIFORNIA…ITS ANOTHER JUST ANOTHER THING YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.

FlickeringFlame on May 6, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Being a WWRD? kinda guy, I could see the Gipper going for Carly under these circumstances. So, while personally I would prefer a DeVore conservative, I can’t find fault in Sarah’s endorsement here.

I also met and served on a couple of boards with Carly in Houston, and she’s no jello spined, limp wristed type who’ll say whatever she thinks you want to hear.

No matter what, I think Boxer can be whipped by whomever wins the primary, and I’m planning on it.

TXUS on May 6, 2010 at 6:27 PM

FlickeringFlame on May 6, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Poor little flickerofsnot doesn’t want to talk about the bridge to nowhere he has no clue about.

awwwww poor little flickeringsnotfest.

You are such a boring little cuss.

upinak on May 6, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Finally! Some of the ‘nistas are figuring out Saint Sarah the Redeemer isn’t what you think she is. At least THIS prediction was spot-on…that little by little, by 2012 it’s gonna be “Sarah who?”

The wheels on the bus go ’round and ’round…

JetBoy on May 6, 2010 at 6:28 PM

JetBoy on May 6, 2010 at 6:28 PM

did you eat a hat? I was at my cabin. How did the poll go?

upinak on May 6, 2010 at 6:30 PM

FlickeringFlame on May 6, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Jesus tap dancing Christ, you’re an obnoxious little turd.

MadisonConservative on May 6, 2010 at 6:30 PM

So, the Boss Emeritus has endorsed Chuck DeVore. Who do HA commenters side with, Sarah or Michelle? I stick with Michelle!

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 6:30 PM

JetBoy on May 6, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Um…Jet…too soon for you.

Crist, man.

MadisonConservative on May 6, 2010 at 6:31 PM

JetBoy on May 6, 2010 at 6:28 PM

and DUDE! I can’t believe the Korean’s died! WTF.

upinak on May 6, 2010 at 6:31 PM

JetBoy on May 6, 2010 at 6:28 PM

On this I will agree.

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 6:31 PM

This is why the Tea Party should not have a person as the leader. They all disappoint eventually. If we let principals guide the movement and speak for the movement it would be difficult to be led astray. I said McCain could be a mulligan since he gave her a stage. But if she continues to miss the mark I will still support her, just not as enthusiastically as before. Each misstep only erodes that support.

lwssdd on May 6, 2010 at 6:32 PM

FlickeringFlame on May 6, 2010 at 6:26 PM

do you seriously think Arnold won because he was a Republican and not because he’s frigging Arnold Schwarznegger?

The wheels on the bus go ’round and ’round…

JetBoy on May 6, 2010 at 6:28 PM

How is Charlie Christ working out for you?

Doctor Zhivago on May 6, 2010 at 6:34 PM

FlickeringFlame on May 6, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Mitt, don’t you have anything better to do with your time than posting comments on a Palin story?

Dan Pet on May 6, 2010 at 6:35 PM

Um…Jet…too soon for you.

Crist, man.

MadisonConservative on May 6, 2010 at 6:31 PM

Nevah too soon :P

and DUDE! I can’t believe the Korean’s died! WTF.

upinak on May 6, 2010 at 6:31 PM

Oh, poll came out “eat entire edible hat”. Not easy to find one tho. Yeah, yeah I googled it…can send away for one.

Sun, Jin, Lapidus and Sayid all dead. I don’t think anyone could have had dry eyes when Jin’s hand floated from Sun’s…and they just found each other! Live alone, die together?

JetBoy on May 6, 2010 at 6:36 PM

JetBoy on May 6, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Well get on it for the hat… your promised! But I think Desmond is still alive….. trust me ;)

Okay back the the Palin thread.

upinak on May 6, 2010 at 6:38 PM

As an earlier posted noted, watch this video. Carley is dishonest, is not a conservative, is in over her head (like Palin) failed at ever major project or job she has ever had in her life, and this is who Sarah Palin wants California to choose at its next senator.

Oh dear, she is a clown.

FlickeringFlame on May 6, 2010 at 6:39 PM

In her book, Going Rogue, Palin explains her pathological loyalty be giving the example of not initially supporting Todd’s relative for Mayor of Wasilla. She writes about this episode being a lesson learned.

WordsMatter on May 6, 2010 at 6:39 PM

How is Charlie Christ working out for you?

Doctor Zhivago on May 6, 2010 at 6:34 PM

The difference is I fully admit that not only was I wrong about Crist, I renounce him fully. But there’s a lot of ‘nistas left that won’t even acknowledge her misgivings and, well, strange endorsement like Fiorina. But then, you could never question anything about Palin…no bad press for Sarah.

JetBoy on May 6, 2010 at 6:40 PM

He wont because he promised to be the opposite of Gray Davis who was being fired at the time, he promised to be the opposite of Gray Davis and only talked about fiscal issues and cited Ronald Reagan as his ideal. Yes, I was here.

And this year will be better. In case you havent been keeping up on current events, conservatives will be having a banner year this year…that doesnt include losers like Carley. Palin is not a conservative…or else she is a dunce…or both.

FlickeringFlame on May 6, 2010 at 6:42 PM

wont = won

FlickeringFlame on May 6, 2010 at 6:42 PM

katiejane on May 6, 2010 at 6:15 PM

I actually live in California. So, yeah, basically I get to vote for the candidate I want and that’s because I’m not a 5 year old.

All you people are so happy with a Palin’s endorsement while she stands in contrast to Michelle Malkin, Mark Levin, Jim DeMint, Dana Rohrabacher, Tom McClintock, Andrew Breitbart, and Melanie Morgan. I guess those folks wouldn’t know a winning Conservative if it hit them in the nose, eh? Gotta love it.

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Yeah…because that is the direction she is headed… RIGHT? I think it is going to be much more like “MITTENS WHO??”

Dan Pet on May 6, 2010 at 6:44 PM

To: FlickeringFlame
Brown James on May 6, 2010 at 6:17 PM

From FlickeringFlame

You have got to be kidding. I asked you to enlighten us with your brilliance about the last TRUE consservative winning a statewide election and you claim arnold. With that you show your intellectual dishonesty or ignorance. I asked about a true conservative which not only means fiscal but also social conservative. I lived in CA when Arnold was running and he was never considered anything more than a moderate Republican, and in fact he ended up governing as a true liberal which is even worse than a Rino. Why do you feel the need to lie.

Brown James on May 6, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Andy in Agoura Hills on May 6, 2010 at 5:16 PM

C’mon, don’t sugar-coat it…tell us how you really feel.

ornery_independent on May 6, 2010 at 6:47 PM

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 6:43 PM

I’ll rather go down with a card than no cards at all……..

TimeTraveler on May 6, 2010 at 6:47 PM

AP is against a Palin pick? I’m stunned.

frizzbee on May 6, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Brown James on May 6, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Stop making a fool of yourself. First, Arnold didnt even talk about social issues because they were all on the same page…he focused on fiscal issues which is the reason Gray Davis was recalled…over fiscal issues. He said from a fiscal standpoint, he would govern like Ronald Reagan. He didnt…he either lied or, more likely, he has no true moral or political bearing…just that he wants to be in office…in this way (no moral or political bearing), he reminds me of Ms. Half-term.

FlickeringFlame on May 6, 2010 at 6:48 PM

JetBoy on May 6, 2010 at 6:36 PM

What’s flocke next play? Sawyer is such an idiot!!!!!!!!!!OMGZ Sarah PALIN will be the next JACOB !!!!

TimeTraveler on May 6, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Jet… Did you eat the hat?

I live in CA and I’ve seen what the Liberal, pro illegal, pro entitlement Democrats have done to my state… I was hoping it was time for a Chuck Devore conservative to win so I too wasn’t happy with Palin’s endorsement but realistically Chuck polling so low with republicans indicates he can’t win in the general so with Sarah’s update and because I trust her, I’m on board with Carly…

CCRWM on May 6, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 6:43 PM

No, no, no, no, no. Dont you understand Sultry Beauty? All those people dont know anything about conservatism. Only the half-term governor understands true conservatism. HA HA HA

FlickeringFlame on May 6, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Sultry Beauty on May 6, 2010 at 6:43 PM

And who made you the great decider? Palin said herself that no one will ever find a PERFECT candidate. You have to make decisions based on lots of factors. She obviously sees things about Fiorina that she likes. You also can’t downplay the connection that Palin OBVIOUSLY made with Fiorina during the ’08 campaign. Not to mention that she hasn’t supported many women yet…and Fiorina’s background sounds a little like Sarah’s doesn’t it? She gets knocked if she is completely ideological and she gets knocked if she invites others into the “big tent”. Poeple like you Sultry…will use ANY EXCUSE to knock her so that your buddy MITTENS can fulfill his “journey of self discovery” and become POTUS.

Dan Pet on May 6, 2010 at 6:51 PM

I cant wait to hear what Rush has to say about this…or Ann Coulter.

Simple fact of life…you put your reputation behind a flake like Palin, you will get embarrassed.

FlickeringFlame on May 6, 2010 at 6:51 PM

At the very least, when the half-term governor was endorsing Carley, she shouldnve reminded us that she supports our troops who are fighting for our freedom.

FlickeringFlame on May 6, 2010 at 6:53 PM

Wait, what? I thought she was the leader of the Tea Party. She can’t endorse the non-TP candidate. She’s supposed to endorse the TP candidate. That’s what the leader of the TP is supposed to do. Stupid Snowbilly doesn’t know NOTHING’!

Sarah is right to endorse the Republican who can actually WIN! Just like Nancy Pelosi will never win a Senate race in TX, a conservative Republican will never win a Senate seat in CA. That is the reality. But more importantly, Palin endorsing the non-TP candidate will cause the media’s head to explode. This really messes with their tar and feather agenda of the TP.

ramrants on May 6, 2010 at 6:54 PM

FlickeringFlame on May 6, 2010 at 6:51 PM

I agree, Palin should have never left the island…. What the hell was she thinking? She was the chosen one! Well now she’s just a silly drunk who can’t get over the fact that her father is dead.

TimeTraveler on May 6, 2010 at 6:55 PM

“That’s no RINO. That’s a winner.”
Actually, that would be the typical RINO in every single way. What a RINO does is talk a good game to get elected and then they act a bad game to feel good. For example, Carly Fiorina is a very big supporter of race and gender bias. She supports giving jobs and promotions based more on a person’s gender and/or race than on actual performance, as was evidenced in her actual work experience. You cannot be a solid conservative if your world view is that everyone is created equal, women and minorities more equal than white males. So, tell me how Carly Fiorina will actually act when she is in office.

She is easily manipulated right now to the feelings based requirement to treat minorities and women special, will she also decide that illegal aliens need to be treated special? Carly does not have a core world view that engenders a sense of conservative conviction, and it will be a very short period of time before she becomes as solid a conservative republican that Arnold Schwarzenegger is today, he too espoused the right phrases while running for governor and then practiced leading in the way his life always showed he would lead, as a bleeding heart liberal progressive, but one that voiced politically incorrect things such as “girly men”.

astonerii on May 6, 2010 at 6:55 PM

JetBoy on May 6, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Strange endorsement??? I think her statements citing her reasons for backing Fiorina were pretty clear. Maybe you din’t read them or didn’t want to? JETBOY, FLAME, and SULTRY are reciting all the tired OLD lines about Palin. Her power is just killing all you trolls, isn’t it??

Dan Pet on May 6, 2010 at 6:56 PM

ramrants on May 6, 2010 at 6:54 PM

LMFAO!!! snowbilly. OMG I am so using that for the rest of my life. HAHA

upinak on May 6, 2010 at 6:57 PM

This is true. How y’all like my esteemed Senator Blanche Lincoln?

Yeah, that’s what I thought. ;o)

NoLeftTurn on May 6, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Half-Term thinks Carley is a Reagan Conservative??????????

Does Sarah Palin even know how to read? I am serious about this. No person with the ability to read would say that Carley is a Reagan Conservative.

FlickeringFlame on May 6, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Dan Pet on May 6, 2010 at 6:56 PM

That’s hilarious!

JetBoy on May 6, 2010 at 6:57 PM

no bad press for Sarah.

JetBoy on May 6, 2010 at 6:40 PM

NO BAD PRESS FOR SARAH??? What rock have you been living under for the last 18 months, troll??? We have dealt with “BAD PRESS” for a long time…we just don’t like it coming from other conservatives…or worse yet…from trolls like you.

Dan Pet on May 6, 2010 at 6:58 PM