Alan Grayson’s GOP opponent: Does this white guy look like a terrorist?

posted at 6:26 pm on May 5, 2010 by Allahpundit

This is, er, bold, and the self-deprecation in the line about buff, good-looking guys is cute. Problem is, Abdulmutallab didn’t “look like” a terrorist either. In fact, one of the reasons I thought it was dumb for people to assume that the white guy on that Times Square surveillance video pointed to a militia attack is that jihadis have been trying to recruit white Muslims for a long time. With some success too: Revisit this post from 2008 about “dozens of white Europeans” training in Pakistani terror camps and follow the links at the end about converts and “blue-eyed emirs.” It’s fair to say jihadis are more likely to be Arabic or Pakistani but it’s foolish to categorically rule out western palefaces. Especially as Islam becomes more popular in Europe.

On the other hand, given that we now have another Pakistani-trained jihadi on our hands, it’s inevitable that the feds will start profiling people who take unusually long “vacations” over there. Don’t want to be hassled? Skip the summer getaway to Islamabad, then. As tempting as that sounds. Click the image to watch.

Comments

Dear Carpetbagger Caveman:

Explain this, ya douchenozzel!

Read page 3.

Key West Reader on May 5, 2010 at 6:31 PM

This is the guy we have trying to beat Teacups?

Abby Adams on May 5, 2010 at 6:32 PM

Way to go. This is the type of toughness we need to survive the current struggle.

FactsofLife on May 5, 2010 at 6:32 PM

Did Allah just say this guy is cute???

The commerical was dumb.

upinak on May 5, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Whatever you do, don’t visit his youtube channel.

Inanemergencydial on May 5, 2010 at 6:34 PM

Brazen and ballsey.

milwife88 on May 5, 2010 at 6:35 PM

(headdesk)

(headdesk)

Red Cloud on May 5, 2010 at 6:36 PM

This guy is carrying around 20 pounds of shiny brass in them trousers.

God bless him!

madmonkphotog on May 5, 2010 at 6:37 PM

“that bum Alan Grayson”

PERFECT! BRAVO! I need to donate heavily to Dan Fanelli

IntheNet on May 5, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Wow, that district must have something in the water.

Jim-Rose on May 5, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Ummm… are we sure this isn’t a Dem plant?

dforston on May 5, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Fighting crazy with crazy works sometimes.

portlandon on May 5, 2010 at 6:40 PM

AP may just have his “Grayson stays in the House” wish granted this year.

BadgerHawk on May 5, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Those were funny. I think the overt nature of both the attempt of humor, and the over the top “profiling” will blunt some of the criticism. I mean could he do any greater of a caricature of a terrorist than a guy who is literally strapped with a bomb wearing a turban?

Weight of Glory on May 5, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Abby Adams on May 5, 2010 at 6:32 PM

Eh, no. This guy is some gadfly. Daniel Webster is running for the seat. He’s the former State Senate Majority leader and I think also a former house speaker. He’s one of the classist guys in FL politics; solid conservative, lots of integrity. I would venture that even Squid Shark would like him. Webster will easily win the seat.

TimTebowSavesAmerica on May 5, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Look, it’s a bit over the line, but I think this type of guy is perfect to take down a loudmouthed piece of stool like Grayson. We all know Grayson’s not going to play by the rules or rein in his attack rhetoric, so why not go full-blast against him?

Good Solid B-Plus on May 5, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Read page 3.

Key West Reader on May 5, 2010 at 6:31 PM

Does it ever end?

fourdeucer on May 5, 2010 at 6:41 PM

And the music at the very end was from Clint Eastwood’s “Dirty Harry” movie. Nice touch.

mydh12 on May 5, 2010 at 6:41 PM

(headdesk)

(headdesk)

Red Cloud on May 5, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Yeah, that.

Ummm… are we sure this isn’t a Dem plant?

dforston on May 5, 2010 at 6:40 PM

No, we can’t be sure. But, I know what Alan Grayson ate for breakfast yesterday so I’m pretty sure I can figure out what this guy’s all about. Stay tuned.

Key West Reader on May 5, 2010 at 6:42 PM

I think it’s a good start…

… Anyone who can get this much free advertising and spread the politically incorrect message has got my vote.

Seven Percent Solution on May 5, 2010 at 6:42 PM

It made me slightly uncomfortable. We can’t avoid racial recognition, but we can’t deny other races are being recruited, either (as AP said).

The fact that Shahzad was on a watchlist since effing 1999 doesn’t help much, either. Either way, this guy slipped through the cracks. Profiling or not, this cannot happen anymore. It only takes one time for them to take out thousands of Americans. We have to be right every time. So far, we’ve been lucky…this doesn’t inspire much confidence in the system, really.

Bee on May 5, 2010 at 6:42 PM

Inanemergencydial on May 5, 2010 at 6:34 PM

???

Abby Adams on May 5, 2010 at 6:42 PM

Does it ever end?

fourdeucer on May 5, 2010 at 6:41 PM

It can, and it will. If you’re up to it.

Key West Reader on May 5, 2010 at 6:42 PM

???

Abby Adams on May 5, 2010 at 6:42 PM

See for yourself.

Inanemergencydial on May 5, 2010 at 6:43 PM

I think it’s a good start…

Seven Percent Solution on May 5, 2010 at 6:42 PM

Woah, baby. Trust, but verify.

Key West Reader on May 5, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Um, this is the Obama administration. I don’t think one can assume this.

KittyLowrey on May 5, 2010 at 6:43 PM

He was a Navy Pilot and was flying a commercial jet on 9/11 in the D.C. area…

… I think he should run that in his next ads.

Seven Percent Solution on May 5, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Weight of Glory on May 5, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Have you ever met an ‘over the top’ plant at an Executive meeting? Have you ever sat in a meeting room where you knew that a Director was about to be canned and then someone stepped up and stopped it? Like stomping on a burning bag of sh*t in the middle of a meeting to make your head go, “Whaaaat”?

Let’s check it out before we fall into that burning bag of sh*t. Just a suggestion from your friendly neighborhood Mister Rogers sort of person.

Key West Reader on May 5, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Campaign website

PJTV interviews dan fanelli at CPAC

Inanemergencydial on May 5, 2010 at 6:47 PM

Well…. I’m sick of overtly PC balderdash when it comes to national security. Look how well that has worked in the past year.

But….. I can already hear the howling of the uber left over this – actually, that’s not a bad thing.

The idea of this angle is GREAT – this particular ad was pretty dull though.

tru2tx on May 5, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Stay tuned.

Key West Reader on May 5, 2010 at 6:42 PM

Standing by for your report…

:O)

Seven Percent Solution on May 5, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Did Allah just say this guy is cute???

upinak on May 5, 2010 at 6:33 PM

No, he said, “guys is cute”. tehe.

FloatingRock on May 5, 2010 at 6:51 PM

Key West Reader on May 5, 2010 at 6:46 PM

You should submit anonymous tips to Steele so he might have a chance of getting it right. As it is now, he thinks Party of Stupid is in the by-laws somewhere.

platypus on May 5, 2010 at 6:54 PM

You’d think unseating a dopey looking loudmouth nut like Grayson would be a give-me for Republicans.

Then this guy comes along…

ynot4tony2 on May 5, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Key West Reader on May 5, 2010 at 6:46 PM

No I haven’t been in a meeting with a “plant”. I’ll take your words of caution under advisement. But I’m confused about where the bag of doo doo comes in with the analogy.

Weight of Glory on May 5, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Weight of Glory on May 5, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Grayson knows he’s in trouble. A commercial like this should be considered over the top and controversial, and enough to turn voters off. Orlando is diverse, heavily Hispanic. What they fail to mention is that Orlando has a large population of Eastern European immigrants as well, and they are flourishing with Orlando’s economy.

This man may not be a viable or a legitimate candidate. Checking resources as we speak. Alan Grayson as over $27million tied up in a lawsuit, so we have no idea how many millions he has invested in his re-election.

Stay tuned. That’s all I can say at this point. Thanks for your patience.

Key West Reader on May 5, 2010 at 7:03 PM

platypus on May 5, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Michael Steele. Hah. No, thanks.

Key West Reader on May 5, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Abdulmutallab didn’t “look like” a terrorist either.

Most of the Yemen trained al qaeda members that we’ve come to know so far look not unlike mutallab. The Little Rock sniper, the guy who worked at all the nuke plants. Let’s be honest about these things.

Not to mention the beltway snipers and the people arrested in NY who were going to bomb the Jewish center…

Buddahpundit on May 5, 2010 at 7:06 PM

Hmmmmm. Interesting. Send those tips and info to AP and Ed. Look forward to your digging. Also, you are correct about the Eastern European contingent in O-town. I lived there with my wife for two years, and our neighbors in the apartment complex were in Cirque du Soleil . They were very well off, and ended up buying a condo at about half a million. Not a bad gig.

Weight of Glory on May 5, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Contribute to this man here:

RedNewEnglander on May 5, 2010 at 7:08 PM

I think they’re gutsy ads, but he should have used a little old lady instead of an old white guy in the contrast ad to lighten things up a bit but still get the message out.

Daemonocracy on May 5, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Not a bad gig.

Weight of Glory on May 5, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Strange. I replied to your post and now its… gone.

Anyway, its not just Orlando that the Eastern European people are doing well. They are also in Key West. Beautiful people, they work hard, play hard and are wonderful to know. I don’t live there full time but it’s great to see people realize the American Dream and be so grateful to have the chance to exercise it.

I hope this post isn’t deleted.

Key West Reader on May 5, 2010 at 7:24 PM

Well, knew this was not a donk add, they always go after Americans.
It’s about dayem time that the PC crap goes out the door, this wont go over well w/the true racist (such as, jackson,sharpton,barry,farrakhan, )…PC = green!!

christene on May 5, 2010 at 7:40 PM

I don’t know if I’d vote for this guy, But I’d definitely buy him a few shots of CR.

ontherocks on May 5, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Did Allah just say this guy is cute???

The commerical was dumb.

upinak on May 5, 2010 at 6:33 PM

I think he meant the self-deprecation was cute not the guy.

Not dumb. You sometimes have to use some uncomfortable hyperbole to make a point.

davidk on May 5, 2010 at 7:53 PM

This is the guy we have trying to beat Teacups?

Abby Adams on May 5, 2010 at 6:32 PM

I told you people, I live in this (red) district, and the GOP here is completely hapless.

Purple Fury on May 5, 2010 at 7:58 PM

This guy is carrying around 20 pounds of shiny brass in them trousers.

God bless him!

madmonkphotog on May 5, 2010 at 6:37 PM

I second that emotion.

Onus on May 5, 2010 at 8:07 PM

Well, it’s… ballsy.

nickj116 on May 5, 2010 at 8:16 PM

I thought the terrorist was getting ready to get him in a headlock. lol

Travis1 on May 5, 2010 at 8:41 PM

Purple Fury on May 5, 2010 at 7:58 PM

Dan Webster is running for the seat. It’s was on the news and he’s already getting endorsements.

TimTebowSavesAmerica on May 5, 2010 at 9:30 PM

First, it starts out well: ominous. The white guy could very well be an “American” jihadi traitor. (Look at the South Park critic. That punk grew up on Wheaties.

Then it becomes farce: tape over the “Arab” guy’s mouth and a towel on his head

So the piece fails.

AshleyTKing on May 5, 2010 at 9:39 PM

There are several people in the primary race. I met Fanneli at a tea party event and he is a really nice guy. He even supports ending congressional pensions.
But being one of, I think, 5 people in a primary one has to do something to stand out. A couple of the guys in the race are better known already. One stand out is Todd Long, a local attorney who wrote The Conservative Comeback. He has a lot of support but isn’t flamboyant. I wonder if that’s bad in Orlando …

asartigas on May 5, 2010 at 9:47 PM

one crazy guy trying to defeat another crazy guy of a different stripe of crazy; this is a campaign I’ll be staying away from

Willie on May 5, 2010 at 10:27 PM

Excellent!!

canopfor on May 6, 2010 at 12:48 AM

Awesome.

Ronnie on May 6, 2010 at 1:30 AM

One stand out is Todd Long

asartigas on May 5, 2010 at 9:47 PM

He’s a Paulbot. Doesn’t even mention national security on his web site.

Ronnie on May 6, 2010 at 1:35 AM

I actually like the ads. :) :) :)

Theophile on May 6, 2010 at 3:20 AM

I don’t think it’s possible to “make sure” the terrorists don’t get near airplanes, but it is possible to make it a helluva lot harder for them to do so easily. Loved the “bum, Alan Grayson” line.

SKYFOX on May 6, 2010 at 7:52 AM

“I you send me to washington, I’ll stop all terrorists!!1!1!”

I don’t know anything about this guy, but I’m guessing he’s a tea party nutjob.

Grayson will trounce this fool

NoStoppingUs on May 6, 2010 at 8:08 AM

Regarding Mr. Grayson’s law suit, I found it fascinating that the plaintiff, AMG Trust, Grayson’s trust account, is a citizen of Cook Island, which is a South Pacific tax haven. This, of course, begs the question, what is a US Congressman doing with personal investments in an off shore tax haven? Is he reporting income from this source on his US tax return and from where did the money originate? Did he reveal such assets when he filed to run as a Congressman?

And finally, is Alan Grayson a graduate of the “Barack Obama School of Keep Your Background Secret”

Syd B. on May 6, 2010 at 10:33 AM